Terrible, terrible service. No communication, no transparency. Waiting over 10 days for an "express"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

Unfortunately, Dell decided to use Startrack as a means to ship computers. The computer I ordered has been sitting in the Star track Botany Depot for 10 days. They scan the parcel 2-3 times every day, and no one bothers to pick it up and actually ship it! They have genuinely lost the computer in their own depot!

I have been calling them 2-3 times a day for the past week and a half to try to get this issue resolved. I told them I need to go overseas and urgently need it delivered. Each phone call they promise to get back to me in a few hours and of course, no one ever returns my call. All say the same thing "it's an ongoing case and someone is handling it" If I ask to speak to the investigating officer who is handling my case, I'm either not allowed to talk to this person or they are not there at the moment. They said my delivery was escalated to "high priority," and I'm waiting here for a week with no response at all. I even told them if they lost it just call me back and tell me so I can ask dell for a new computer. But no, no one responds..

They all say the same thing "we are just trying to find the consignment, once we do we will send it to you straight away!"
What I don't understand is if they are looking for the package why they can't just stop it whenever it gets scanned in the system (It is obviously in the depot because it gets scanned there 2-3 times a day for tracking, they know exactly where it is when it does get scanned, they just need to go there and stop it.) I wanted to speed up the process myself so I asked if I could talk to the Botany depot myself, but they say I'm not allowed to talk to them.

I don't think they understand how important it is for parcels to be shipped appropriately, in the time that was promised, and at least the courtesy of an immediate follow up call if they can't find the package. You never know how important the package may be for someone.

At this rate, I am seriously considering travelling 45km to the Botany depot, finding the package myself and taking it back home even though I've paid for courier service! It would be 2000 times faster than the "high priority" and "express" service I am supposedly getting now.

CASE: 15914112
Note: Please, PLEASE respond with something besides "your case investigator is looking into it" and "We're just waiting for a reply from the depot." It's your own depot!! Why aren't they responding to you for 5 days? Why is my service being compromised because the depot and the investigator aren't talking efficiently and getting this sorted? I just checked on Australia post tracking, which gave more info than startrack itself, and overnight it went from Botany to Minchinbury for no reason, no where close to where I am, and then back to BOTANY in the morning. What is going on???

Too big a business lead failure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

StarTrack is the worse courier services in the world, take 4 to delivered within Sydney and after waiting that long one box of goods were left at the warehouse, while it took 2 days to received goods from uk.

How can they be this bad?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

Ordered an item on express and it's been over 3 weeks! Customer service is absolutely trash and my package was left sitting at the depot for days. Ordering an item from Amazon US would be quicker!

The nightmare may never end

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Consignment SCSZ00057260 - Dispatched on 8th Jan, ETA on 9th Jan. Tracking status has been at ‘Label Scanned In Transit, SYD 8th Jan’ since the beginning. Tried checking with their customer service on 10th Jan, got refused with 'Due to our agreement with the sender any enquiries or requests need to come directly from them.' instantly without even looking at what happened to the parcel at all. Asked the sender to check with them on 11th Jan and got confirmed with ‘all going well, should received it soon’. Today is 16th Jan, Tracking Status is still at SYD, nothing has changed. According to all these reviews I read, what should I expected next? I can imagine that once I get into the next stage, the driver will start his infinite 'Unsuccessful Delivery' loop for few days then end up with leaving the parcel at a depot. If I get lucky, they will allow me to drive like 30km to pick it up from the depot. If not, Season 2 - The Lost Parcel will be there waiting for me.

Update : Finally they confirmed it is lost, the sender will send me a new one. Such a relief at least.

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Beyond terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Firstly I missed a delivery. Called star track to see if my parcel had been dropped to aus post depot as Australia post could not tell me. Star track said no and asked if I would like a re delivery. I clearly stated NO just send it to the hub as originally written on card left. (They state you have to go the next working day after card has been left) so today I go to the aus post business hub and my parcel is not there. They call star track who says it had been arranged for redelivery. So I come home to find another card left for missed delivery . I demanded my parcel be delivered today and waited 3 hours for an ETA phone call before deciding to call back to be told no it won’t be being delivered I said that is unacceptable and I would go further and make complaints. The lady then put me on hold to speak to her supervisor , after minutes on hold I was disconnected so called back and spoke to a guy who then said it will be getting delivered today and wait for an ETA phone call. I call back at 5:40pm to see when I will be receiving my delivery and I am told I won’t be getting it today. Worst service ever. After driving 25 mins to the business hubs and 25 mins back and then waiting all day for a phone call or knock at the door it never came. I will be going to consumer affairs and making further complaints that’s for sure!

Incompetent at every level

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Tried to deliver to wrong address and stated it was undeliverable. When it didnt arrive the phone staff failed to tell us the local post office had it. They then picked it up the next day and lost it in their system. The phone staff are uninterested and unhelpful. The parcel came from interstate and has now spent more time circling my own state on some random destination, than it took to come from another state. Never again Star track

Geelong

• 1 question

First time use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

First time using Startrack. Package received on estimated date and not damaged which is good, however I think they greatly need to improve on their online tracking (needs to be updated more often) and their 'express' service takes on average 3-5 days which is quite bad. Overall they did what they were meant to so all good.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi GT, I'd be happy to check if there was a reason for any delays in receiving your freight if you have your consignment number handy? Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. -Aaron

If I could leave a no star review I would

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Possibly the worst experience I’ve had with any delivery service in my life! Would highly recommend you avoid this company, they do not know the meaning of the word express but will take your money for a express delivery. 5 days and counting package is still at depot awaiting delivery was told by a representative why don’t I just collect from depot myself !!!

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Dario, it sounds like you have an existing enquiry lodged with us. I'd be happy to follow this up for you if you have your Consignment or your Case number handy? -Aaron

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

I don't want excuses or apologies just service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I have never (that's right never) had any service from Star Track that comes close to acceptable. I will not use them but unfortunately other companies that send items to me do. This time is has taken less time to get an item from China then a phone from Sydney. They were both shipped on the same day. I'm guessing Ted (whoever that is on any given day) will respond to this with an apology then an excuse which will then turn into me, the customer, getting it wrong. Then will come the "only a small percentage of customers are dissatisfied blah blah blah".
Every time I deal with Star track their delivery time is worse then Australia post (and that's an achievement). Their customer and tracking service are useless. Their deliveries range from being left at the wrong house to being left under a bush in the front yard (yep, it happened). If it says overnight expect within 14 to 28 working days. If it says within 4-5 working days expect 4-5 months. If it says delivered and you can't find it look next door, under plants, at the post office or in another city. UPS puts them to shame. The US to your door in less time then it takes Star track to complete a con note.
Totally and utterly useless.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi, Ted here.
Have you got your parcel's tracking number handy?

StarTrack misleads senders and recipients - Hobart terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I received text messages saying the parcel would be delivered three days ago, and the sender was told it has been delivered, but still have not received it. This is an ongoing issue with the Hobart office. It is so bad I say to businesses sending me items "I won't buy from you if you use StarTrack to deliver".

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Jason, Ted here.
Have you got your parcel's consignment number handy? I'd like to look into this parcel's whereabouts.

perth

Private message

The WORST Courier company on earth, in human history!! Incompetent. SWIFT&SHIFT COURIERS is real .

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

What a pity there is no ZERO star option. I still don't have my item after 4 psuedo-attempts. 1STZ00001057. Look it up Startrak.

Take a look at all of the other reviews here StarTrack and GET THE MESSAGE. You should be out of business. I will make a point on insisting that you're never used again if I'm involved.

I have waited since 2 January for a simple interstate delivery and no less that 4 failed delivery attempts by these F-wits.

To add insult to injury I was at home waiting on each and every one of those 4 delivery occasions. The deliverer didn't even knock on the door on any occasion - merely left a card at the door.

After the second occasion I went online and left details and insisted that the item did not need signing-for and that I would take full responsibility for it simply being left at the front door - as are 6-8 other items by other couriers every week.

I received a prompt message back from "Rose' who undertook to put the matter right and noted on file that no signature was required for any item - ever. Simple I thought. NOT THE CASE HOWEVER.....

The following morning at dawn, I left the StarTrack calling-card on my front door with a clear note to simply leave the consignment at the front door without a signature required. I even signed that!!.

Nobody came the next day. Or if they did - no note.

The following day - a fresh calling card was left. NO package left and and no knock on the door either. As with each other occasion I was at home the entire day. Total time elapsed 2 Jan to now 16 Jan 2018 and still no delivery. This wasted my time and incongruously, Startrack's as well.

Those reading this please SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi, Ted here.
I'm sorry to hear this delivery has become such an ordeal. Your parcel is back out for delivery today (17 Jan.)

I look forward to yet another calling card and no delivery.....

Melbourne

Private message

Do not ever use this company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

This is by far one of the worst companies to deal with, our company unfortunately has a account with startrack and we are constantly dissapointeded with the service.

For a week, every single day we have called and chased a package that has been sent to us. Each time we are told it has been put to "urgent status" and that we will be called back. Not a single time have we been called back.

I will never use startrack again..

They need to restructure there whole business so that there is communication between all teams and actualy have a positive outcome once in a while.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Stas,
As you've been in communication with StarTrack already, you'll have been issued a case number. Have you got that handy? -Ted

i think it is 15874879

Star Track Express Official

Thank you Stas. I see this case is now indeed being monitored by upper management, so my expectation is that you'll have an update very shortly. Apologies, of course, for the current inconvenience... read more »

Wasted my time and theirs.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

This is the first time I have been brought to write such a review - hopefully it helps bring about some much needed change though.

I was not contacted by Star Track Express until I received the little card saying the delivery had been missed. If I had been, I could have told them I work 9-5 and wouldn't be there. Simple communication could have saved hours of driving for Star Express and I'd have my package days earlier. This happened on two consecutive days for two different orders.

I then went into the local post office expecting to be able to pick up the items personally only to find that they had been taken all the way back to a Star Express Depot over an hour drive away.

So it's up to me to get in contact with the company and arrange a suitable time - something they should have done from the outset.

This task is made more difficult though as they themselves only work 9-5 only on weekdays. What percentage of people are home at those times? They must leave more missed deliveries than successful ones.

So, days after I should have received my packages, I will have to arrange for them to deliver to my work. Once again, simple communication could have saved hours of driving for Star Express and I'd have my package days earlier.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Scott, I believe I've replied to this or a very similar complaint. What happens after a failed delivery attempt, whether the parcel goes to your local post office or back to our depot, is deter... read more »

Not impressed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I have read numerous reviews and am growing more concerned about my own delivery. Track and trace is useless as mine shows scanned in Sydney on 11/01, and has been "in transit" since. Apparently the information was received by Australia post on 12/01 around midnight and nothing has happened otherwise. And post tracking doesn't even show item as received yet. Considering it was meant to be an express service.. Very disappointing. I've never had this delay in tracking before with Aust post. I called the call centre agent who admitted it's quite common that the parcels come AFTER the estimated date!! Consignment number 4SJZ11758509

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Viv,
This parcel is out for delivery today. -Ted

Menzies Creek Vic 3159

Worst couriers in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I have had the misfortune to deal with this incompetent pack of num nuts for nearly 20 years. Even now after Aus post has ownership they still have long delays for misplaced parcels and when it come to tracking, its non existent. Unfortunately as my suppliers use this company I can only vent my frustration. Get off your butts Australia Post and change the management. This is not customer service.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Terry, Ted here.
Was there a specific issue you needed help with?

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

No Delivery, no customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Got a tracking reference and their track and trace showed it was on truck for delivery. I waited all day with front door open, waiting for a truck. At 5.50pm, track and trace turned to UNSUCCESSFUL. Courier probably ran late during day, so just returned to depot with the undelivered items.
My delivery was marked as EXPRESS as well - extra money paid was not worth it.

Will never recommend these couriers. I've lodged an enquiry, but it'll be 2 business days before they get back to me. What a JOKE.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi, Ted here.
It does sound as though this driver ran out of time. If you've got your parcel's tracking number handy, I can confirm and look into its current status for you.

Tracking IMSZ11754376 says it's on a truck again today. Pity I have work to do and can't stay home all day today.

Star Track Express Official

Thank you. I've had a look at this and the notes indicate that this was delivered yesterday evening. If this is in error, feel free to let me know here and I'll see that the case is re-opened. -Ted

No delivery, Poor Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Was notified of a delivery scheduled today at 12th Jan. Received a notification of the item leaving the facility at 10am. Was home the entire day. Called the sender at 5.51pm to check the delivery of the item. During the conversation, received a "attempted delivery" placed at 5.36pm. The funny thing was .. I was home at that time .. no door bell rang. I was also at the front porch between 4pm to 5pm. After the conversation with the sender, I head out to the mail box and my front door with no sign of any 'mis-delivery' slip.

My Tracking No. is 8DQZ00003577.

This is by far the worse courier I have ever encountered. Not recommended at all.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi John, It's important to remember that "Unsuccessful delivery" means only what it says--that the parcel wasn't successfully delivered. A scan that late in the day likely means that the driver ra... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Overnight from Perth to gold coast... Then sits in local depot 2 days

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

So tracking my goods overnight from Perth to Gold Coast, no problems then sits in the depot first day then the next day its sitting in the drivers van all day and still no package. Great service NOT.... As the depot is ten minutes away the idiot driver must be taking it on a world cruise so it can see the sights one last time. Before being handed over. I would have preferred to pick up from the depot knowing this.

Not happy.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Norm, Ted here.
Have you got this parcel's tracking number handy? I'm happy to look into this delay for you if you like.

What is the point your company failed badly, looking into it is not going to do a damn thing is it now. The problem is this culture of trying to fix it after delays, quiet pathetic attempt to show ... read more »

Appalling service,paid for overnight and have since been told that doesn’t mean your going to receiv

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Paid for overnight as I was flying overseas a week later,and it still hasn’t arrived.They are trying to find out which depot it’s at,and admitted they don’t know.It is now Friday and I fly out Monday.Also informed me paying for overnight doesn’t mean you are going to get it the next day.Dont use,just appalling

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Tracker, Ted here.
Have you got that parcel's tracking number handy? I can look in on its current status for you if you like.

One week today,and I fly in 2 hrs.I already have a case open apparently Australia Post have it somewhere.Thanks Star Track,7 days for overnight and still not here,justify that service,never again

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Lost delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I was the sender and receiver of this package. I travelled interstate without some important items and needed them express couriered to me. I paid about $180 for these items to be express couriered the next day as I needed them for something important the next day. My brother organised the pickup at his workplace that morning, which happened. I waited all day at the house of delivery. When it approached late afternoon, I called them and they said they only guarantee delivery by 5pm, but the package was on board the delivery van and scheduled for today. 5pm came and still no delivery. I saw many Startrack vans pass the house that day, but none were with my package, which never arrived. When I called them about it later, they now claimed the package was lost and could not be tracked. I couldn't claim insurance on lost items of value and though I did receive a refund for the courier service, it took over 2 months to receive, since they had to run an investigation on their end first, which I think is their way of just delaying their refund. I doubt they ran an investigation, because I was already told it was lost and cannot be found. Would've been cheaper to fly someone over with my important items than use this courier company again.

Comments
Star Track Express Official

Hi Sydney, Ted here.
When you spoke with StarTrack, you should have been issued a case number. Would you have that handy by chance? I'd like to look into what went wrong with this delivery. -Ted

1 of 132 pages