5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

These guys are true proffessionals right from the initial enquiry to the end nothing was a problem, and Anthony whom inspected the car for me really knew his stuff.
Thanks again and will definately recommend you guys.

Can’t fault these guys.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Thanks state roads for your professional service I just had a roadworthy done from my own mechanic and he found they same faults without showing him your report. He made the necessary repairs and this car now drives great and I am very happy. Best of all the seller paid for the repairs after showing him the report saving me $1600.
Thanks again Paul at stateroads Melbourne.

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

State Roads takes the guess work out of it. Buying a car interstate was so easy and quick with these guys. Rarely do i write reviews however these guys are professional and have made this process fast and easy. I would highly recommend this service, as it will find issues and save you thousands post purchase.
Thank you State Roads. Best inspection programme in Australia.

Verified Customer

Initial professionalism and service offset by quality of inspection and follow up to issue

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I have attempted to discuss this directly with State Roads however have not had a response therefore providing this information for others to note when considering State Roads.

We bought a car soon after a platinum inspection from State Roads which indicated nothing more than normal wear and tear for a car of 6 years old. Two weeks later we had the car serviced. During the service it became apparent that the alternator had previously caught fire and damaged the cooling system hoses directly above the alternator. There had been a fuel leak from the low pressure electric diesel pump which ran down the coolant hoses and dripped onto the alternator, catching alight when the alternator warmed up.

The mechanic confirmed this had been occurring over sometime (ie pre-inspection). There was clear bubbling in the coolant hose and if this had ruptured would have caused significant damage to the engine.

Within our inspection report the radiator hoses had been ticked off as satisfactory with no issues. I understand that oil/diesel leaks can be wiped away prior to inspection however the radiator/coolant hose bubbling (damage) would have been clearly visible with any considered inspection of the engine bay, given the hoses are the front of the bay visible without removing any casing.

The outcome was a repair bill of $900+ which (thankfully) was covered under the dealers statutory warranty.

I have contacted State Roads directly with this information and received no formal response to this issue.

The punctuality and professionalism pre and during inspection couldn't be faulted however the worth of their inspections and their response to issues i considered poor.

Did i get a "platinum" level of inspection? I don't think so.

BOOKING REFERENCE: 266907

Beechworth, Victoria

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Not Cheap but saved $$$$$ in long run

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

cost $340 but checked everything the information provided allowed me to make a decision Not to buy due to faults found by inspection report and buy phone call by mechanic who did the tests and was able to use language i could understand and answered all questions asked.Would use again and recommend

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Re last previous review (disgusting)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Re previous review.
This person Heather was selling her car and complained her car didn't sell due to our report saying the seats were stained and our photos supplied to our costumer were false. We found her add for sale on carpoint.com and her own photos in the add clearly show the drivers seat badly stained even after being already detailed. She was never abused and is making totally false claims and we suspect is possibly a setup by a opposition company. The evidence has now been collected and has been submitted to a legal firm to commence with civil legal proceedings and sue for false slander and damages to our companies reputation and possibly criminal charges.
Company director stateroads Melbourne...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

When I raised an issue I was abused by the manager and he defended himself by saying I should be disgusted in myself by causing a problem for him.

Excellent Service & Professionalism

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I have used State Roads over the past 6 years to inspect a multitude of vehicles located in Melbourne, Sydney, Grafton & Gold Coast. Each time the phone staff have been extremely helpful & knowledgeable about their services offered. Their inspectors are amazing. These guys are so professional & have helped me to steer clear from a number of bad choices. They always call after the inspection to give a clear verbal report of what they've seen & then follow up with an extremely detailed report accompanied by photos. I've had other cheaper providers inspect vehicles in a couple of remote areas but they've never ever been as thorough as State Roads. I'd be happy to recommend their service to anyone.

Great Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

The service was great. The inspection report was detailed, and information provided by the officer was very helpful in making the decision.

Great car inspection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

State roads were great, Michael in particular was amazing, and happy to discuss the report on the phone.

Will use again.

Very helpful and a saviour!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Can honestly say these guys saved me lots of money and time,

Had a 2016 range rover inspected ( thinking its nearly new should be fine) at a car yard only to find the front guard had been hit hard, damaged strut tower and door skin replaced.
This is something i would definitly never have picked and i dont think many would, relying on the words " its a good car".

Thanks to them again inspecting my 2nd car which was a year older but report came up with a lot better results and still drives like a dream today. Reason why i took a bit of time to put a review because i just had my sister use them a week ago and had the same good and extremely helpfull experience.
Thanks state roads keep up the good work. Also found the inspector very friendly and informative of the vehicle.

Thank you so much.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

These guys were great and saved me so much grief and money. Car dealer told me it was perfect and already had a road worthy but didn't tell me of the accident repairs it already had before and bent chassis. Thank you again stateroads.

Money worth spent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Thanks Steve and everyone at state roads. Saved me spending $23000 on a piece of crap. Complete and unbiased professional advise. Don't buy a car without using these guys!!

NOOSA

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Most Thorough Car Inspection.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I found the perfect replacement car on line, only problem I was in Perth and the car was in NSW. I needed a better than average vehicle inspection as I had to rely entirely upon their inspection. I arranged for Stateroads ( after finding them on line ) to inspect the car I chose the Inspection Package that included read outs of the computer so if there were any impending problems they wouldn't be hidden. I received a call at 8am on the Monday remembering that Perth is 3 hours behind, from the person who had undertaken the inspection. They gave me their opinion backed by an extensive inspection and that they had driven the car, " its a great car no issues and the dealership was reputable". I also received an extensive report that detailed a number of small to be expected maintenance issues coming up and photos from every angle. They are also able to test whether the car had ever had been in an accident. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Stateroads to evaluate a car if you are at all concerned about its provenance. I was able to proceed with the the purchase of a car sight unseen for > $45,000.00 with complete confidence.

Pre purchase vehicle inspection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I recently used State Roads to have a car inspected that I was interested in buying. I found there service to be excellent. Very thorough and informative. I would highly recommend.

• 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Vehicle inspection left me with a lemon!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2016

State Roads (Melbourne) did a $259 vehicle inspection on a second hand car we wanted to purchase for our daughter. Their report said 'The engine runs and sounds good for its age with no major noise smoke or fumes detected during the engine testing. The body shows no previous major body or structural repair.' So four weeks later after purchasing the vehicle (privately) the alternator had a catastrophic failure, the air conditioning didn't work, the engine lost power (due to a failed EGR valve) and we spent almost as much as the vehicle cost in repairs. There is also evidence (broken window glass under the seats) that the vehicle has possibly had accident damage repaired. I have written to them seeking their side of the story but nobody bothers to get in touch. Nice one!!! Next time I will use RACV! Don't bother with State Roads. Once they have your money, they couldn't give a toss!