Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Excellent price! Friendly staff, thanks Anthony! Great service especially good for people who don't have the time to make it too a mechanic. I wouldn't think twice about recommending this company. Cheers again!

Helped me save $2000 on my car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

I had the pleasure of using State Roads for a vehicle inspection on the car I was looking to buy. At first I was unsure of what to expect, but I was very fortunate to have had an inspector named Steve who shown up and completed a very thorough report within a couple of hours from calling.

Steve was an absolute gentleman, and had the eye of an eagle. Long story short, his inspection and detailed report helped me save $2000 after being able to re negotiate with the dealer. He answered all my questions over the phone post inspection and calmed any nerves that I had about the situation with purchasing a second hand car - I didn’t want a lemon!

I will wholeheartedly recommend State Roads to mates and family for a vehicle inspection. The company must be doing something right to have fair dinkum blokes like Steve who didn’t rush me, or make me feel like I had any stupid questions. If Steve reads this, I owe you a beer mate, cheers for helping me get my first car, you’re a legend.

Great service! Highly recommend!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

The car we were looking at was inspected by John, who was so thorough and checked things we had no idea even needed to be checked. He was honest about the car gave me his opinion about what I should do when I asked him. He went out of his way to give me further advice on Volkswagen (the car he was inspecting) as well as others cars and recommendations.
We are so glad we went through State Roads, we aren't buying the car which was viewed after receiving the through report - so thank you again! The ladies in the office are a pleasure to deal with as well.

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

Great experience, Paul my inspector was very thorough and explained everything in detail.
Lisa in the office (apologise if i got the name wrong) was very helpful in accommodating me with my request for a verbal heads up if vehicle was under finance as i was at sellers house ready to execute purchase, as the vehicle had passed Pauls inspection. I highly recommend these guys and will definitely be using them again in the future. Cheers

Verified Customer

Extremely Professional. Won’t go anywhere else!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Can not recommend highly enough. Thorough I sections all round. Had my results emailed as well as a phone call by inspector himself. I missed his call and he still took the time to leave me a voice message explaining everything. Once ringing him back I explained I was interstate and he told me to leave him a message with suburbs I was looking at and he’d tell me if they were worth looking at or not as I had requested an inspection in a not so nice area! They saved me big time on a car I was looking at purchasing! Will be sure to go back for my next inspection. Won’t consider anyone else. Great value and great employees.

Exceeded Expectations! I Would Highly Recommend!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

I called at 10am today to see if an inspection could be booked for tomorrow. State Roads were able to organise an inspector at 4pm the same day.
At 6pm I received a very detailed report ( I took the platinum option ) and received a call from Flavio who gave me a summary of what he found.
What has impressed me the most is their responsiveness, thorough and detailed reporting and personal service ( with follow up call and text when I had more questions).
Looking at purchasing a vehicle with extremely high kms, I was needing some peace of mind and expertise so that I could make the right purchase decision. I would definitely recommend State Roads and will use them again in the future! Thank you!

A thorough and professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

A colleague recommended State Roads to me before I bought a used car. I called them up and they took care of everything. They booked the inspection with the vendor meaning there wasn't three-way communication and sent me a detailed report promptly after they had carried it out. Very impressive service. I'll use them again for my next car.

Inspection of car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Got State Roads out to inspect my land rover, they found several faults including a couple that i had not noticed, very thorough and knowledgeable, detailed report and trevor was great to deal with.

Excellent Service definately worth the money and peace of mind.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

I had been searching the internet for some months to find the right car at the right price. I found a VW that I was interested in although it was interstate. I was referred to State Roads by my son who had used them on 3 occasions when he was looking for a car, so I knew how comprehensive their inspections were. I contacted them on a Monday and they arranged to have the inspection done the next day. After the inspection was completed I received a text from the mechanic informing me that the inspection was completed and that I could contact him for a verbal appraisal as well as informing me that a detailed report (pictures included) would be sent to me email later that day, which it was. I was extremely impressed by the professionalism of the mechanic and the thorough inspection that was conducted. I would definitely used this service again and cannot recommend them highly enough.

Great service beyond expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

We found a 2 year old BMW in Sydney that was $8000 cheaper than what we could find locally but not having the opportunity to view the car we phoned around and chose to engage state roads platinum inspection. The whole process was a breeze from enquiry to speaking with the mechanic, we received a 12 page report and 52 photos showing various points of the car. The mechanic was very knowledgable and found that the car had been involved in a collision and the air bags have been set off, the car looks great in the sellers pictures however this was obvious when looking at the photos showing the welding and rust underneath. We almost placed a deposit on this car especially after obtaining a history report which had no record of this. Thanks State Roads you saved us from a huge lemon, will definately recommend and use you again.

State Roads Saved Me Thousands of Dollars, and Maybe my Health!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Hello State Roads
I found what I thought was an excellent 1955 FJ Holden at a forthcoming classic car auction in Adelaide, and, as I live interstate, I chose State Roads to inspect the car for me. Having used other (very poor) inspection services, I was apprehensive to say the least, but I was very impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the reception staff at State Roads / Carchex. I asked that the inspector, Brett, look at certain specific points in the car, which he did. After the inspection had been carried out, Brett called me, describing the car's condition thoroughly. He then sent me a very detailed 12-page report, together with a very impressive collection of photographs which he had taken. When I saw and read of the car's condition - mechanical and body - it nearly turned my stomach. That "bomb" had been given an excellent "review" by one of the auction employees, and, incredibly, by a local car club member who knew the car, and had even driven it, saying it had no filler and no rust!!! It had plenty of both!!!! How it passed “full” registration over many years is beyond me. It very clearly shouldn’t have. I shudder to think what I would have done without Brett, his excellent report and those photos! Thanks so very much Brett, and State Roads. I'll recommend you.
Regards
Shaun

Comments
State Roads Official

We thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and are always glad to help when buying a car we strive and pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, thanks again and look forward to helping wi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Have used State roads several times, excellent service very professional, and have a wealth of knowledge about cars, have saved me many $$$.buying the right car.

Thanks Wim and his amazing team.

Lee Cooper

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
State Roads Official

Thank you Lee for taking the time to leave a review, and are always glad to help when buying a car we strive and pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, thanks again and look forward to helping w... read more »

Marino

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

booking number 267635 Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Absolute Shambles and I paid an extra $200 for the inspector to travel to Sale, Victoria to inspect a SL55 Mercedes after paying for 2 previous inspections that I have to admit I was happy with as the faults were pointed out. This was booking number 267635 and I was advised the car was sound and when it arrived flat battery and a specialist battery had to be ordered almost $500 and 2-week wait. We then found out the alternator needed replacing which was not cheap. Next, the radiator fan was not working and the reason the car was overheating again not cheap. Finally, the ABC Suspension fluid that is supposed to be green was a dark colour almost black and had to be replaced along with the filter and hose. So after paying over $1,200 for 3 inspections and a final bill around the $3,500 mark next week 3 months after buying the car, I might get to drive it for more than a few days. I am very disappointed and had these issues been pointed out I would not have purchased the car. How they cannot even pick up the ABC fluid again should be green, not the same colour as engine oils is nothing but utter incompetence.

Comments
State Roads Official

Dear Garry. stateroads Melbourne takes all good and bad feedback very seriously. So thanks for your feedback regarding your disappointment for the inspection performed on your Mercedes 2003 SL5... read more »

Every time someone makes a complaint about you this is what happens you just deny any wrongdoing and use every excuse possible. At no time did you say prior to the booking that this was a car with ... read more »

Perth

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Really good and fast service - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

I initially went to use "Redbooks" but they could not give me any specifics, i wanted an inspection done on the same day i was calling (i called approx 8am).
Nevertheless i booked using their online system, and when i called to confirm they could not commit.
So i cancelled.
I stumbled on State Roads, they picked up the phone super quickly, when i asked for it to be done today, the guy laughed and said he will do his best. 1 minute on hold and he came back with a yes!
The inspector came out and did a full inspection, he then called me and gave me a comprehensive break down of what was good and bad about the car. I got the report through not more than 20 minutes after inspection done.
Very impressed.

Comments
State Roads Official

Thank you Will for taking the time to leave a review, and are always glad to help when buying a car we strive and pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, thanks again and look forward to helping ... read more »

6 star service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

Very helpful team and quality checks made the service all the worthwhile. The whole process easy, only took a day turnaround and it was one less thing I needed to worry about as I purchased my new car. Thanks guys!

Comments
State Roads Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and are always glad to help when buying a car we strive and pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, thanks again and look forward to helping with ... read more »

canberra

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

Excellent service right on my budget. my car feels like a brand new without marking any noises or issues. highly recommend to any one.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
State Roads Official

Thoroughly recommended 9/1/2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Thoroughly impressed with state roads inspections. I utilised their services for peace of mind purchasing a used 2015 Ford Ranger. I've been burned in the past so the fee ($339 - platinum) seemed insignificant for peace of mind over such a significant purchase. I've ridden motorbikes for 19 years but am utterly clueless about cars so I needed some experience and skill to offset that.

The booking staff made the service offered very clear and the inspector, Michael was thorough, conscientious, a great communicator, and clearly well versed in his chosen field. He took the time to address all of my concerns (there are some serious potential problems with the ranger but the indicators are obvious for the right eyes) and brought to my attention things I hadn't remotely noticed, and took the time to explain it in basic terms to a laymen with being condescending or patronising. Actually, he was pretty damn good (understatement) at dealing with my OCD paranoid self. Extremely impressed and would recommend 100%. I'll be using their services every time I buy a vehicle from now on.

Extremely happy with my purchase and feel very much at ease with my decision.

Comments
State Roads Official

Incognito

Inspection missed obvious faults

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Booked a State Roads inspection for an interstate purchase of a Lexus LX470 based on generally great google reviews. Paid just over $300 for a comprehensive inspection through the Melbourne office and the customer service upon booking and receiving the report was great, no complaints.
The report listed minor issues (most serious was a noisy power steering pump) so based on the report and phone call with the inspecting officer I went ahead with the purchase. Three hours after picking up the car I had a rear passengers side tyre blowout (Tyre shop told me the tyres were over 10 tears old and the cracks should have been obvious).
Next day the belt tensioner pulley seized resulting in a snapped water pump/power steering belt and a six hour sit by the highway - although the 'noisy power steering pump' vanished once a new tensioner was installed..
The rear tailgate has had a major impact resulting in a tear to the metal seam which wasn't picked up by the inspector. Rust along the top of the windscreen was missed (extremely obvious) and emissions hoses in the engine bay were not connected or split. The Oxygen sensors were faulty (leading to engine fault codes being generated and heavy fuel consumption (over 20 litres per hundred km))

Happy to provide photos to back up the claims - I never would have purchased this car had stateroads provided the "comprehensive" report I believed I was getting. Their warranty was useless too - only covers internally lubricated parts of the motor and had to be registered within 24 hours of the inspection which wasn't clearly disclosed on their website.

All in all a case of "caveat emptor", paying a premium may not always guarantee the most competent inspector is assigned - in this case resulting in significant out of pocket expenses.

Inspection number 267866.

Prompt Car Check

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

I am happy with the prompt check on a car I'm looking at buying. I spoke to the mechanic and he told me the issues that this vehicle has as minor as they are. So far it has been money well spent and i will be purchasing the car on what i have received and the personal chat with the mechanic who checked this car over. I would recommend State Roads to anyone looking at doing a check on a car in the future.

Comments
State Roads Official

Money well spent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

I had a great experience from start to finish, from the initial operators to the final report coming through. The findings were really helpful in renegotiating the final price of the car, which by the end of it actually got me more money off the car than I spent on the report, plus being well and truly informed! Thanks to my inspector John who did a fantastic thorough job. Would definitely use again and recommend, as was recommended to me!!

1 of 2 pages