Private message

Poor customer service and job done!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

We booked them for a new shower screen and install. They didnt show up on the day and been told the booking is a week later on a date we certainly neither agreed to nor knew about. Then someone did attend on that date but he couldn't install as the glass had a cracl in it. So we had to wait another week....
Then 3rd time yesterday we finally got our shower door installed but they tried to cancel on us in the morning but my partner flat out said to them no way!!! Once installer left we noticed he cracked our newly tiled bathroom tile on one sid
e where one of the shower door screens had tl be screwed in. My partner complained since then but has not gotten anywhere with this yet. We want stegbar to get our cracked tile replaced or at least pay for the tile replacement we may need to organise!!!! This is unacceptable and we wont let this be swept under the carpet. Never gonna use them again and definitely dont recommend to anyone!

TAREN POINT. Way below benchmark of customer service standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Taren Point store. Explained my story about urgency of job due to fire brigade breaking into house to rescue my 90 year old mother. She just said 9 weeks maybe to do..gave me no options and asked no questions. Seemed like I was disturbing her. I work with multi unit businesses and this is the worse....Maybe they should look at McDonald's. 16 year olds running a multi million dollar business...I went to Doors Plus...and their tag line of Doors Plus no fuss is spot on..Couldnt be happier with everything

Private message

poor installation, poor quality seals and no customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

we built a new home and the builder ( a large reputable builder ) had stegbar showers screens installed , after a couple of months doors were not sealing properly and one had dropped, they sent a repair man who adjusted it but again same issue occurred

Builder now not interested and have been in contact with stegbar to come again and was told I am looking at $400 each shower to replace the seals and re adjust the doors etc but would not take any responsibility for any breakage if it occurs and that someone would contact me . fine don't ca
re just want it fixed

Guess what? since I rang head office , i thought action would take place , boy was I wrong, despite numerous phone calls with the typical promises that someone would ring me and organise a time , still waiting , that has been over twelve months now and looks like I will have to get these shower screens replaced by another company

do your self a favour deal with another company , seriously !!!!!!!

Company is hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Company and service is hopeless make a lot of promises want payment upfront and don't want to deliver the goods baiscally a full on waste of time do not deal with this company

Goldcoast

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer

not cheap or fast or good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

after being required to pay 90% upfront for a sliding glass door.
a month delay we finally get a call to reschedule the delivery by 2 weeks.
only the to have to pay almost the total cost only to have weeks delay before installing.
ceiling damaged during installation.

installation was faulty. took weeks to get a stegbar contractor who doesn't turn up.

rude and condescending replies come from stegbar.
stegbar say its not their fault that their contractor did not turn up

week later door is fixed and and takes another week for the security door.

product is ok.
just avoid the people at stegbar

Melbourne

Stegbar: dissapointment!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Obtained a quote from Stegbar (which indeed took a month to arrive after measure).
Decided to still go with Stegbar as we thought was reputable - even though more expensive than competitors.
WE wanted a dog door in the glass bifold doors - We were told that they did this all the time and it would be no issue and easily done.
We purchase the type of dog door recommend by Stegbar and had it present for the re measure!

Secondly , Took doors took longer than promised for installation to occur....

The installation date did not suit my work
schedule but I was told take this date or wait another 2 months - Again with no assurance it would be an amicable date! Thus, took the day off work for installation.
Note - these are expensive double glassed doors - which you are required to pay close to / approx 90% of the total price prior to delivery and install!

Then when doors arrived they were incorrect! The dog door (which was bought under the reps advice and placement of same was under his advice) - was placed in the wrong door!
Now a thief can place their hand inside the dog door and open our back back bifold doors and gain access to our home!
The only explanation is that they thought it was better here! NO apology, explanation or contact! etc.
When I asked for new door s to be made I was told straight out - NO!
But the original glass would just be changed over! (Against my better judgement I agreed - as given no other choice!)
Was also told the I would have to sign a waiver in case these doors were damaged during their fix up - when it was their fault and error! - I did not!
(To be honest I am quite worried that the frames will be damaged if they try to do this...)
Doors are also not flush to the ground as we were told would be the case! Now we have to step over the frame to get out doors onto our deck ... not fun when you stub your toes every time!
The installer who I believe was a contractor - was efficient and lovely but as he told us his hand were tied and could not fix the problem.

OK so its been still TEN days - still no word form Stegbar ... even thought I have left messages! Lots of them.
Another call and still waiting for Manager to call me .... (who was suppose to call me back within the hour).

So now we have glass doors that are a security risk! So much for using a reputable company!
This process started in autumn (we wanted new doors with a dog door for our pup for use over winter) - It is now mid July - It may be summer before we see resolution - if at all!
I have been told today they had the wrong number to call! Funny that they were able to reach me before the install!
And this was after they told me they left a message - another lie!
Also interesting that each time I called I left two alternate numbers that I could be contacted on!

Do yourself a favour and save on the hassle - Please seek an alternative company!

Stegbar Bifolds best thing ever

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Last year, I gathered a number of quotes to put 5 bi -fold doors at my coastal property in Mindarie WA. Stegbar were the lowest price by far. read some of these reviews (not too flash) decided to go with Stegbar anyway (tight budget). I am glad I did not take any notice of the negative reviews. The service was great, good info was provided (warts and all). The bi-folds have been in place over a year and I am delighted by them. The one door needed adjustment and Stegbar had a serviceman on site within two days. Very happy with the product and the service. Well done Stegbar Wangara
Keith

Never use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

*started off waiting weeks for the initial appointment to have someone come and quote.

*decided to go ahead and get some bi-fold doors installed. Took them 8 weeks to come as they were so busy.

*contractor called the night before he was due and confirmed he was due at 7am the following day. I took the day off work as they needed access to the house.

*contractor didn't turn up and i called and he told me that Stegbar sent him to another job at the last minute and he'd be there at12noon. By 2.30pm no show and i called again and they sai
d he was too busy to come that day. A call would have been nice.

*rebooking was a nightmare. They told me unless he came the next day I'd have to wait 2 months for another appointment.

*i rescheduled work again for them. This time the installer dropped tools on my timber floors and damaged them (no apology at all)

*the magnetic door catchers didn't come with the door delivery and the maintenance team needed to install those weeks later. Same issues with not turning up when they said they would.

Just an absolutely terrible company to deal with. The people answering the phone need some manners. I don't understand how this company survives based on the worst service.

Sydney

• 3 comments
Private message

No service is poor service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

We obtained a quote for two double hung timber windows. It was inexpensive compared to one other quote we have. Great.
I emailed the sales rep to clarify some specifications...like storm moulds (couldn't find what they were on the Stegbar website). No answer.
Called. Was told he'd left and a new lady had taken over. I left my details to be called.
The new lady called twice and that was it. I also returned calls, left a message, emailed my queries twice and no answer from Stegbar. mmm. I might try one more time but seems they are too busy and service is being compromised.

Verified Customer

Stegbar Customer Service is abysmal & they will not take accountability for anything

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

* Started with difficulty in just getting a quote for our windows organised
* When I followed up with Stegbar, I was basically told I had no business ringing them as it was their subcontractors who would contact us for a measure & quote
* Contractors turned out to be great & we were given a time frame of approx 4 to 5 weeks - this was early April
* I followed up with the sub-contractors a number of times who were also being given continually pushed out dates for when our window would be ready
* I then sent a follow-up directly to Stegb
ar & was called by the SA Sales Manager - I advised him that given the number of complaints I had since found on review sites I was extremely concerned & that the time frame for our window install was already more than double the original estimate. He advised me that only 2 of the complaint on-line were regarding SA & he'd sorted them (intimated they were the customers fault!), that I shouldn't be ringing Stegbar & that he would follow it up but that's all he'd do. I suggested that given the customer & contractors are the only ones to miss out - Stegbar should offer some discount as they collect their full fee & too bad to anyone else. He advised he'd followed up & that's all he would/could do!
* The window eventually turned up & arrived for installation at our home yesterday - looked great apart from the width being around ONE METRE to narrow!!!! Now we have to wait for another window to be made!
* We have no recourse, Stegbar don't apologise for anything, they certainly don't appear to support their contractors - but hey - they get their full payment & they used to be an Australian owned company.

Where do I start - horrible company to deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

We've recently had Stegbar come back to fix issues with 3 mirrors installed at our house. They were essentially 2 yeas late, then told me when they were coming, no asking only telling. When I asked the rude girl on the phone around what time I should expect them she responded with "they will contact you the day before". At around 4pm the working day prior to installation I phoned the company to see when they were coming. Still nothing. The poor lady on the end of the phone was trying to be helpful but I could tell she was getting the run around as well. I'm going to have to stop this review here because there really is too much to post and I don't want to give this company more of my time! This really was only the tip of the iceberg.
In summary, we now have damage done to our walls in the ensuite, a mirror placed on top of another mirror in the bathroom and the mirror ripped off the wall in our powder room. They say they'll come back but who knows when that'll be and as I can never contact anyone from the company, I'm well and truly over it!

I feel sorry for the installers as it's not always their fault. I solely blame the company at a higher level.

I wished we never went with this company!

Private message

Frankly, I Am Left Scratching My Head in Disbelief....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I chose Stegbar to supply my shower screens and wardrobe doors in my new home. Even though they were about 15% more expensive than the next quote, I thought that being a large manufacturer, they'd be more efficient and professional.

Wow! What a mistake that was!

1. Showroom staff in Rowville where not particularly friendly. When they made the appointment for the sales rep to visit us, they didn't even bother to give us his phone number so we could contact him in advance of the appointment time, if we needed to.

2. The guy that came to
measure was 40 mins late in arriving and didn't even bother to phone ahead to let us know. I eventually found him parked outside our neighbours, talking on his mobile phone. He then came in and measured up wrong. If I hadn't picked up his error, my shower screen would have been larger than the whole bathroom wall.

3. The sliding wardrobe doors fitted ok - just. In my opinion they should each have been about 10 mm wider.

4. One of the shower windows was delivered wrong size. So they then left the bathroom door leaning against the bathroom wall for two weeks, while they had a new window manufactured.

5. When they came back with the new window to finish the install, they told us that they just noticed that the door had a big bow in it (maybe from leaning against the wall for two weeks?). They then ordered a new door, which took another week or so.

6. A few days after installation had finally been completed, Stegbar's customer service did the obligatory routine follow up to ask how we would rate their service and if we were happy with the job. I responded in a friendly, cheerful and polite manner (after all, its not the fault of the person phoning you) that I would never use their services again, or recommend them to any of my friends. She was surprised, but thanked me for my honest feedback and promised it would be passed on in order that they could improve.

I never heard from them again.

Unwilling to honour their 7 year warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Long story short - Stegbar so called experts blamed me for the rusting corroded shower frame. The old excuse of cleaning products I used - which are only gentle environmentally friendly by the way - and the hard water are to blame.
Trying to find the contact details of someone higher than a sales rep is impossible.
I am now off to Consumer Affairs as it is now costing me $1200 to replace their inferior quality shower. Not cool Stegbar.
I wish I had've seen these reviews before I handed over my hard earned cash. But then again, the clue of their unprofessional attitude should have been when the installer said to me "that's not my job" when I asked him if he was going to clean the fingerprints off the mirrored doors.

Sydney

A totally unacceptable excuse from Taren Point showroom

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

We went to Stegbar to inquire about a mix of aluminium windows and cedar windows to renovate our federation home. We asked at the time if the reveals were taken off the window sizes at the time they would be ordered and the sales rep in the showroom at Taren Point advised us that these would be deducted. When the order came, these were ADDED on, so the windows do not fit. Three windows in total. After discussing this with their area manager he advised us that that was stated on the quote and no give or understanding that their staff got it wron g was admitted to. Now we are left with $2,300 worth of windows that cannot be used. And the area manager unprepared to admit any fault but offering a deduction on replacement windows ($700 cheaper)
If you can avoid these people, do so at all costs. They are just not worth doing business with. Totally unhelpful and not worth the stress. I urge anyone to go elsewhere, even if the other suppliers are a little dearer, its worth not having the stress.

• 2 answers
Private message

Terrible company to deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

The glass splashback in our kitchen and butler's pantry were done by Stegbar through our builders. They have come out countless times to fix their errors. The splashback behind the rangehood took them 4 goes to get right as they kept cutting it the wrong size and not aligning the holes for the screws properly. And it is still not right, as it doesn't line up with the ceiling evenly. Their solution was to blame my ceiling saying it wasn't straight. We countered by telling them to measure properly and they are now due to replace that splashback, yet again, but I won't hold my breath that they'll get it right. We had issues with many of the panels of the splashback, as they weren't cut to the right size, with gaps everywhere when installed. They still installed them and tried to silicon it all up, which made it look terrible. Honestly, don't ever go with Stegbar. Their customer service is non-existent, their installers don't take any care with their work, and don't clean up afterwards. The last time they came around to fix, I ended up cleaning silicon off my benchtops. And the last issues is they don't deliver on time. The builder we used uses Stegbar, so we has no choice but to have their products in the house. But if you do have a choice, use someone else. Giving them 1 star is being too generous.

Poor Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

I emailed to request invoices and the lady from accounts called back claiming that it was our fault for not receiving invoices.
I asked to provided evidences to show they did send through and she gave me funny reason that system takes too long to generate invoices.
That lady has no manners to be honest.

Lynbrook

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I phoned to organize a quote. I was told they were to busy to take the call and they would call back. I waited 3.5 hours and I phoned again. I was informed the rep in my area made his own appointments and would phone me. I am still waiting, 7 days later. Obviously, I will be going elsewhere. PATHETIC.

Verified Customer

Quick to get your money, slow to provide service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

New doors

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

We have just had our French doors and 4 windows replaced by Stegbar. Although the original appointment was slow to happen- when we had the check measure and installation everything was done well. Efficient and friendly installers who cleaned up before they left too. Thx Dean and partner. Our new doors look great! Now we just need to paint...

Private message

DO NOT BUT FROM STEGBAR!!!.....go somewhere else pls!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

We needed some waterproofing done on our 5 year old house which came with Stegbar Glass Shower Screens.....waterproofer needed to remove the shower screens but could not remove Stegbar because Stegbar would not sell anyone, including a customer, the necessary one-use clips needed to reinstall the screens...I spoke to three different shower screen handymen and all three said they could remove and re-install almost any screen EXCEPT Stegbar!!! apparently, they are notorious in the industry, since they just want you to buy a new screen!

I even
asked Stegbar (Brisbane) if I could just pay them for the labor for them to do it themselves....they said no...I had to BUY A $1,300 NEW ONE FROM THEM!!!!!!! what B.S.!!!!!!!!! I hope your greed makes you go bankrupt..

Take your money somewhere else and make sure the screens are the "screw-on" type so they can be easily removed if needed....in Brisbane this is necessary since the number complaint for all new houses/renovations....is waterproofing, so you need the peace of mind that your screen can easily be reinstalled again if need be.......

1 of 9 pages

Does stegbar have a central office that deals with complaints. The recent flooding revealed that they had destroyed flashing when installing the $15000 double glazing

The facts asked on Jan 14, 2017

Answer this

I am afraid I don't know the answer to that. I did not make a formal complaint as they just kept sending the same poor quality installers again and again. In the end I just had to accept poor quality to move on with building. Their installation was delaying many other things I had to get done before Christmas.

I am not at all surprised this happened with you as the quality of their subcontractors is unpredictable to say the least.

They should have a warranty though.
Good luck

They have a customer service manager who can assist here. Also there is an online feedback area on their website you can log a complaint into. The last area is to call the head office in your state and ask for their service department and they will send an employee out not a contractor to inspect the quality of the workmanship and product they supplied.

Hi, Have you resolved your issues with this appalling company. If not, maybe a solicitors letter or contact and follow the advice from Consumer Affairs.

Have a quote from Stegbars for a bifold glassdoor. They want payment in full upfront. Having read the reviews of their work on this site, am I right to be concerned about the quality of the finished product? The cost of approximately $8000 seems high.

Heather asked on Aug 13, 2016

Answer this

They do ask for a massive deposit I think I paid in both cases maybe 85% deposit upfront. The for the very smal job took 3 weeks to make 4 drawers and 4 small shelves.

Quality of the product is good. They just can't deliver in a reasonable timeframe. I would try Trend windows, G James glass. $8000 for a bifold seems very expensive.

This does seem very expensive. I would ask if they can do a better price and maybe get another quote to compare. I would also be very reluctant to pay upfront because even though their quality is good if you have any issues afterwards their customer service is terrible and once you have paid don't expect any help!

My door configuration is a single slide screen door and single slide main door opening to a patio. I was wondering if the aluminium sill is hollow underneath and could allow some water drain off to the room below in heavy rain. When the frame was installed I have no idea if any flashing was placed under the sill and the water weep holes were now acting as a water inlet, then dripping below, the measurements taken point to this. Looking upstairs when raining heavy there is no water in the door tracks when the door is in the closed position. The waterproofing is around the sill and balcony is in extremely good condition, the water drips from around the 2 weep holes on the opening side of the door, this is what makes me ask if the sill is hollow underneath. I have contacted the gold coast office of Stegbar, but they cannot provide me with a sample piece of track to look at or even a drawing. I would appreciate any advise.

nivekk asked on Jun 08, 2016

Answer this

hi there the cill on the door is an open section at the bottom and needs to be flashed appropriately to direct any water back out the front. The weep holes are there to drain the water to the front and in high wind times may drain slower and allow water to pool. It really sounds like a flashing issue and water is running under the section the ideal fix is to take the door out and re-install but not sure if this is practical. I am pretty surprised that Stegbar can't get you a drawing a sample piece of cill as all other suppliers certainly would do this. Maybe this is symptomatic of the reviews on this site that they are treating their customers very poorly. I would call the GM of the Gold Coast branch (Scott Sampson) and get him to help you.

Hope this helps.