Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

And I thought my house was clean!!! Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Its awesome but dont kid yourself and think this is going to stop you ever having to mop or vacuum again, but it will cut it by about 90% - it will get under spots you can't reach, but some spots it just can't get to.

Read the instructions. The instructions are very informative, and it is hard to spend the time to go through them as you just want to get it going but you'll get a much better outcome by simply reading the instructions. I get so frustrated when I see people reviewing products and saying things don't work properly when it's clearly user error/lack of reading the instructions.

I use this little guy on the IKEA shag style carpet (on turbo), on my tiled kitchen and living room, on my carpeted hallway and bedrooms and my tiled bathroom. As the previous reviewer said, it pulled an embarrassing amount of dirt from my carpets and floors.
Obviously had to rearrange bits and pieces of furniture as you would when you're vacuuming yourself to make it more 'robot-friendly', and it can't get under some areas due to the height and width of it. I've actually changed my living room slightly so I can just set the timer and it'll do the work when I'm not here/want to lay on couch.

Make sure there are no cords on the ground (under your bed phone charger etc) as it will catch on them - scared the hell out of me when I woke to beeping under my bed!

To mop the floor, you have to take out the first dustbin and insert the water. This is a pain in the head to be honest, but so is mopping the floor. I'm sitting on the couch writing this review while he (Robot's name is Albert) cruises around and does his thing. When I first put it on mop mode I didn't think anything was coming out of it and slipped on the tiles, so beware!

It only lasts 90 minutes, then has to charge for 2-3 hours. It's a brilliant addition to a small unit (2 x1).

Don't be an idiot and think we're in a Jetsons episode. It's 2018, and it's just a helping hand for busy people who want to work smarter, not harder.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Works great. Is there a an iPhone tracking app?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Bought the Stirling Robo Vacuum from Aldi in the weekend, so far very impressed. Pulled an embarressing amount of dust, etc., out of our mostly carpeted property, hand vacuumed only a few days earlier. Sturdy, robust construction and more spatial sensitivity then my daughter's robo vac in NY. Less banging into things.

One question, is there an iPhone app for tracking and controlling the Sterling robo? Be a great to have. Be simple to write.

Robofan

Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Not expensive and good value for the money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Tiles, short weave carpet and wooden floors are no problem. Tackles longer carpet if needed. Picks up animal and human hair plus any food or nuts etc in its way. I have had mine for over four years and it's used daily. Parts easily accessible if required. Replaced battery once. Replaced main sweeper and rubber paddle and side sweeper motor once. Very happy with my Sterling..

Wonthaggi

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Not the best robot vacuum.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I got mine as a second cleaner, as my Roomba is getting a bit long in the tooth.
The Roomba is the best ever, the Stirling grabs anything, such as rugs etc and the brushes snap off and it is very loud. My recommendation is to save your money and put it towards a Roomba.
(I only have a tiled floor and a couple of rugs, so the Stirling may work better on carpet).

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Love this product, gets the dog hair, great on carpet, under the beds etc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

We have tiles an carpet, very happy with price an performance, makes my life so much easier, very happy to recommend to anyone. Our dog sheds constantly, which was really getting me down, with the robot vacuum, I just turn it on and get on with living. It is easy to empty and clean.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Had to throw it away 8 months after purchase. It’s a waste of money. Battery stopped working just a few months after purchasing. When charging it shows battery full. But when using, battery only lasts for 20 seconds. I would not recommend this product. Would rather get something more costly but working.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very good vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

This is a very good robot vacuum. It vacuums really well and it doesn’t cost as much as the more expensive robot vacuums. There are a few disadvantages like it cannot do carpet as well and it is not very quiet. However, I do not regret my buy as it is very practical. You put it on and forget about it. It takes its time, but it does a good job.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

It is cheap and efficient

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

This robot vacuum was cheap to buy and quiet efficient. I have carpets in the living room and with kids running around they are never clean. This robot is very handy for me meaning I can do less vacuuming and have my place as clean and I want it to be. It is quite good in picking up things from general traffic areas, then I need the use my regular vac to get into all the corners once a week.

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Rechargeable battery didn't last

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

Got this approximately two years back and it's just OK. It was alright (not great) when it was new but as time has moved forward its just running shorter and shorter time periods. I think it also need better logic onboard because it would often get confused by our dining room chairs and spend ages there just going around and again.. It was heap but based on my experience I doubt I would by this again from Aldi

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Broken in 2 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Was a pretty impressive vacuum for the price, charged fast, went for around 2hrs before batteries ran out.
But like most Aldi electronic products it didn't last. It was only used on floorboards, no carpet and even tho it was cared for it broke within only a couple of months.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Just ok.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I brought an unused second hand one and it's ok. Really noisy though the HEPA filter was good and the little dry mop pad was better than expected but still limited. Suction is great but it has no sense of direction and isn't methodical in direction except for avoiding stairs.It bumps into things like walls and often gets stuck on furniture but it does what it says. I just found it to be quite high maintanence and need something that doesn't require constant intervention. Overall it has a very erratic, hit and miss cleaning style. Frustrating to watch it continuously redo some areas but ignore a dirty spot again and again until the battery dies which is about 30 mins? Not very long and takes hours to recharge so I ended up just sweeping with a broom. The dear thing never makes it back to the docking station before it goes flat. Bless it's little wheels for trying. I guess you get what you pay for but I'm happy I didn't pay full price. I have upgraded to one with better navigation and a camera and I'm much happier.

Gosford

• 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Gets the job done... mostly.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

We enjoy our robo ‘Josh’. We have very short pile carpet in our living room and floorboards in the kitchen which is where he spends most of his time, and he does a pretty good job of sweeping up. Good enough that I only need to use the big vacuum once a week now. We have 3 young kids = lots of crumbs and stuff spilled on the floor. He does require daily maintenance- emptying, cleaning the brush and sweepers etc. He does like to get himself caught on the door stop, and will get tangled up in paper/ribbons/socks that get left on the floor. I do put our chairs up on the table/bench to make it a bit easier for him to to navigate.
Currently in need of a new part because it got shredded when he tangled himself in his own charging cord which is annoying. I would love to put it on at night so noone can harass him but it’s too noisy for that.

• 5 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2013

Not a great purchase

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Robot kept going under furniture and turning off. Found it to be a bit noisy and lost front wheel in first 3 months. Battery went flat after 6 months and had to be replaced. Found remote hard to use and charging dock stop working after 6 months. Had to plug straight into robot. Wouldnt recommend.

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Wonderful if you have the right floor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

We have a small house, polished wooden floors with no gaps. This machine is my favourite household appliance. It’s not particularly strong, and I don’t have animals, but it works perfectly for my needs. We clear the floor, close off all other rooms to the room chosen for cleaning and press go every 2-3 days. We also empty the cleaner and filter after each use and check the wheels for blockages. We also make sure there is no water spills anywhere in the floor. It comes with spare filter and tools to help clean it.

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Battery do not last

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Very happy with the performance and the money i paid for it (cheap compared to branded robo vac). Eleven months of use and the battery died. Replacing it from Aldi was easy and it had i believe more than a year warranty but I wanted a robo vacuum that has a battery that will last longer.

Canberra

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Good little unit...for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I have already got a Roomba device and I saw this as a low cost alternative to complement the Roomba to get the job done a bit quicker. It does what it's advertised to do, and as you'd expect with a lower cost model, it misses a few bits here and there and doesnt have the active mapping etc of a more expensive model. Definitely happy with the purchase and would recommend as an entry level auto vac.

Brisbane

• 12 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

I got one of these for christmas.
We have a tiled house I just do a tidy make sure nothing is out that can get stuck in it and let it go.
Great if you break a glass and want to make sure you have all the fine bits picked up.
Also great with pets hair.
Self recharge and with a big family is such a sanity savor.

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Impressed y our little friends.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

it was so good we got a second before they sold out . 2 cats, 2 kids and they perform really well in this large house. Yes to needing to clean and maintain brushes and bearings, emptying rubbish tray and occasionally taking back to charger due to running flat out of site of the base charger but this is not year 2030. we only have hard floors but they polish up. vacs are called Ro-bert and Ro-bob and they worked so hard in the first 2 weeks playing catch-up under beds, lounges, tables running twice per day. Now in control the waste only needs cleaning every second clean period. Great value, ro-bust, and recommended.

Sydney

• 2 answers

Great purchase!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I purchased it after a friend's recommendation. I am very pleased with this product. It sweeps very well on our tiles and wood floors. Carpet is also good, but do not use the mop on carpet. it may run very slow when it work on carpet. i think the mop is designed to be used on tiles and wooden floorboards. It does pick up dust and dirt from my tile and carpet floors. This little helper save more time for me! THANK YOU!!!

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Stirling vs Roomba

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Because of the price I bought the Stirling as a second robot to do my polished hard floors as the Roomba tends to make rubber marks where it turns whereas the Stirling has a small polishing mop..I find it doesn't have the power to get out of tight places or go over bar stool bases etc but has plenty of suction and it does a good clean but won't go over mats or carpet either because of the Valcro and mop material so gets stuck and stops...It has more than enough battery power to do my 3 bedroom 2 large living room house...I've kept it and use it on the shiny hardwood rooms as it does the job but the Roomba is better for me as it will clean the carpets and has more power to get in and out of tight places and has an anti tangle feature if it gets caught up in cords etc or anything left on the floor..you would need a normal vacuum cleaner with the Stirling but the Roomba is good enough to just need a stick vacuum..I gave my big expensive one away and got a little Hoover stick with the detachable hand cleaner..they work great together...The price is great for the Stirling and it does the job if you just want it for tiles or laminate etc where there's no mats or chunky furniture legs etc...I would recommend it but if you have things on the floors then get a Roomba as its fast and reliable but expensive..mine is about 5 yrs old and still works like new just replaced the battery and brushes a month ago...a refurbished older Roomba would be a good alternative if got carpets and lots of furniture legs as it will find a way of getting around them all and tells you if it can't do something and how to rectify it.....I don't have to worry about the rooms with carpet as it does under the couches and beds beautifully as will the Stirling if on hard floors.. A good little helper but you need to be handy to move it when it gets stuck but on straight hard floors will do pretty well everything the Roomba will do...

1 of 4 pages