Generations:

Generation: V5

My one baby splurge. I have no regrets.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Do NOT and I repeat, do not put the visor in the wash under any circumstances. You will not be able to revive it and it will be misshapen. There are explicit instructions about this in the manual but don't be like me and think that you can get away with it. You can't. Just look at my pictures. I finally took the visor off even though I loved the way it looked (before the washing incident). The stroller still looks great without it but it was so cool with the visor.
I am 5'10", 37 year old female with a history of sport related back problems. When I found out that I was expecting my first child at 36, I was horrified at the mediocre selections of strollers and I just knew that lifting my precious angel out of them would destroy my back. I wanted to be active from the first day home with my sweet girl. The purple Stokke stroller is my one major splurge and aside from the initial panic when I hit the "Confirm" button at the purchase, I have not had a moment of doubt. The only difficult thing about this stroller is the time it takes to get through stores because everyone stops me to talk about it. Granted, I live in a fairly small beach town in North Carolina so no one around here has one. I'm a single mother from the start and I needed something to make my life easier. Again, I could not be more pleased.

Some reviewers have noted how large it is, even folded up. I have a GMC Envoy and it does take up most of my cargo area. I gladly give it the space because I need it that much. I do not collapse the stroller. I pull the kick plate off, toss it in the carrier, drop the handle down as far as it will go and roll the whole frame in the back of my car. Then I just throw the seat with kick plate unattached to the side.

After giving it a lot of thought, I decided not to buy the bassinet. I'm glad I didn't. I wouldn't have been able to use it very long at all and the seat was fine for my 8 pound, 6 ounce baby girl. My daughter has reflux so the seat's slight recline helped her so much. While I was recovering from child birth, I left the stroller in my kitchen and my daughter would sleep in it while I cooked. I put an inexpensive Summer infant insert in the seat that I still use now that she is 4 months. Any insert will do but with the Summer insert, the straps come out in the right places and it's very soft.

At three months, I was able to recline the seat with my daughter strapped in and I thought she was beginning to lose interest in the stroller. She loves to be held but babywearing just doesn't work for us. I turned the seat away from me and she couldn't be happier. She puts her feet on the bar and watches everything around her.

The main selling point for this stroller is the interaction between mom/stroller pusher and baby. It's true. She was able to see me when she was facing me and we would laugh and make faces while I shopped, walked and ran errands. Everyone has mentioned that my daughter is so observant and I think this stroller really helps. Our evening strolls help us bond when I get home from work and keep her engaged. I was worried about being able to see her when I turned her around but the window is perfect for spying on her.

Just don't wash the sun visor and be careful how much weight you put on the handle. I have a clip that holds shopping bags but it throws off the weight of the stroller. You need weight in the shopping bag up front to keep it balanced. I really believe this is the best stroller out there.

Simply stunning!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

If you’re looking to invest in a stylish, comfortable and durable pram, this is it!! Although I got mine second hand, it is really worth the big bucks even 2nd hand ones!
The bag is big to carry the essential items and what I love most about it is just how high my LO sits on it as well as the adjustable handle & seat! We always get compliments on how it stands out on it’s looks too!

Sydney

• 3 answers

Feels and looks amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Smooth to push, perfect height. Folding is very easy and fits in boot nicely, with no trouble. Beautiful quality and very cozy for your baby. Allows interaction whilst on the move. All the range look wonderful and I feel proud of my Stokke, easy to clean.
Fantastic after care and advice available.

October 2nd 2018 Update: Fantastic

Great to connect with your baby. Versatile and timeless. Easy to use an fold into your car. Comfy for baby. Looks fantastic and feels great to push.
Xplory 6 has just launched and has some amazing upgrades !!
Xplory is a classic Stokke and is classy and very high quality.

• 6 helpful votes

A dream to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

This pram is perfect for us! We switched from another brand and couldn’t be happier. It is so easy to use, has so many cleaver little features that we love, is lightweight and stylish. I love that it’s narrow so there is never an issue fitting down isles or weaving through tables at a cafe or restaurant and you can have the pram at table height when eating out which is so helpful. It doesn’t have the under pram storage that most do but it does have the carry bag attached at the bottom which has worked just fine for us. With the pram organiser and the nappy clipped onto the handle there is no issue. Overall a worthwhile purchase and even though it’s in the higher price bracket I definitely would recommend it over the others available for similar prices.

Mandurah

Not bad

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

This pram is good quality for what's its worth, its very easy for me to fold.
I used it many times as I don't drive and it has lasted many walks along the beach to the shops and just everyday activities. I also liked that I could put my shopping in the bottom

Purchased at: Target Australia

Generation: V3

Not worth the price

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

This pram is stylish but not practical. A huge downfall with this is that it is easy to topple over if you decide to hang your baby bag on the stroller.
There isn't a basket/carrier for you to place your baby bag. You can buy the pouch that sits on the stroller base. However, it is flimsy and easily slides of the stroller if not attached securely.
It is a big stroller. When folded up it is chunky and takes up a lot of boot space. The brakes are annoying as you have to bend down to unlock. In saying all this, it is easy to maneuver, adjust in size and position and to assemble and unasemble.
Overall, it's an average stroller for me. If I was to get another stroller I would really consider the compactability of a stroller when it is folded up and the convenience of the breaks.

Perth

Generation: V2

Not so practical but yet I love it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

This pram is great quality, you can tell.. but it’s shocking at the same time with the amount of time it takes to assemble, it’s like an adult jigsaw.. buttons here, clips there, a weird bag that clips to the bottom as the basket.. super bizzare but it’s very steady, but heavy.

Riverwood

Generation: V4

Pretty stable but average in terms of usability.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

The build is very high quality and stable. The benefits are that the baby is sitting much higher and is easy to tend to without the need to bend your back. However, the stroller is super heavy and is very complex to break down into the different components for storage. The bag on the bottom is a bit inconvenient as we have to unzip every time. Sometimes we wish we purchased the Crusi instead.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Generation: V5

It is pretty, but a bit heavy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Easy to maneuver, not so easy to fold/unfold/carry if you are a 162cm mom like me -- you just have to have a car when you use it. The quality is certainly good, along with its structure and its look. I bought the v5 model at david jones for 1300+, very good price, cannot complain.

• 1 comment
  • 12 helpful votes

Generation: V4

Great! Stylish and perfect for tall people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

We wanted something simple and practical that looks good, my husband and I are both over 6 ft tall so also wanted something up higher. This ticks all the boxes and we purchased prior to the baby so it was ready to go. It’s simple to use and functional. We opted for grey as it was the most stylish.

Munster, WA

• 14 helpful votes

Generation: V4

Trendy, easy to manoeuvre and just plain cool

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I am super happy with this pram and would buy it over and over again! Sturdy, push it with one hand, not overly heavy But folding it is a mofo! However this is due to the height of the pram if you are a tall person and your baby loves to observe the world then this is the pram for you! There is absolutely nothing out there that could match it and if you are like me and love when people perve on your pram then look no further! It really makes people turn heads but that could also be the price tag! I love it however the reason why I gave it 4 starts is because of the folding and no shopping basket. I still absolutely love it

Shanghai

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: V4

Stokke stands for poor quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

We bought a Stokke Xplory 4 for a total amount of € 1850, which is a huge sum I think. After 8 months the paint of the Handle released and there where scratches everywhere and the wheels were not moving smooth.

We can't find the invoice anymore because we moved abroad. Stokke won't help us and suggest we have to pay a new Handle ourselves.
The quality is poor and there is production fault for one of the most expensive Strollers in the world, but they do nothing.

People, when ever you get a baby, buy a better quality like Bugaboo instead of this awfull costumer service company. Really a waste of money.
Our Stokke looks like it has been used for 2 decades.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Love love love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

We bought this pram 2 years ago before our baby born. I did lots of research and finally decided on this pram due to hight, looks and ease.

This is a bit pricy but it worth every penny. It never happened that we went outside and if at least two persons did not ask us where did we get this pram and how much :) we get many good compliments for the pram.

Pram is very stylist and versatile too. Seat can be changed in both directions and height is adjustable too. It is easy to fold and takes less space in the car boot. I can manage alone with baby when i go out without my husband. there are some baby car seats available (0-6 months) which can do directly in the frame too just you need to buy stokke hooks which is easily available online. I highly recommend this pram.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Everything is easy to click in and out paired it with a maxicosi car seat, it goes for jogs on a concrete path and to the shopping centre, baby loves it and it looks great, also its good to push and goes well over bumps with a large wheel size

Newcastle

Love this pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I love this pram. I cannot say enough good things about it. It's exactly what i wanted. My favorite being that it is sleek and that the seats raise so you are close to your baby. I love that you can get adapters for the capsule and how smooth it rides. It has been a great Pram for us!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Best pram ever.....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I was torn between getting this stoke or bugaboo.... well after along discussion with hubby we decided to go with this stoke. Firstly we love the design , it look very neat and stylish. Got a lot of compliments. The stoke can act as high chair too ( never needed to use restaurant chair) we also bought the bassinet and it was worth it . As i live in 3level house, i can easily put my son on the basinet whever i go in the house. I also bought another pram for traveling but my son would sit on it .he also prefer stoke pram. He never sit still in the traveling pram but he will sit still in stoke pram. My life saver. Downside is the pram is heavy ( well which good pram not heavy?) and not too much room for storage but that s why the design look clean and neat . It is a pram not trolley :) so far, if u have the money get this pram it is worth it :)

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Victoria

Generation: V4

Awesome head turning pram.. that is very versatile and sturdy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

We purchased this pram at the start of 2016 for our new born daughter. Its not a bulky pram like most high end ones, acts as a high chair, offers a great range of colour pallets, easy to turn and manouver... it does take up a descent amount in a car boot, just advising. A real head turning pram, every time we go out people are curious about this space craft are daughter cruisers in!! love it.. definetly get one if you are interested in them!!

The seating is quite high up so its great for sore backs and interaction with your child!

Generation: V4

Great pram, ticks all the boxes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

Extremely happy with my stokke pram purchase, makes leaving the house with our baby a dream. The design is not only stylish but also functional, we live in a hilly area and the lightweight framework makes those hills a breeze. Would recommend a stokke pram to everyone. Little bit more pricey but worth it.

Jamaica, NY

Generation: V3

Great to maneuver with and stylish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I used this stroller as a nanny going from the summer, well into the winter until my boss relocated to Japan. I loved this stroller so much I will be purchasing it for my little muffin in the oven in a few months. I've used it with one hand while drinking coffee, opening doors or holding baby; when entering stores with high steps an easy push down & then up technique sent me on my way. Diaper bag was good enough for me, I packed her toys, extra diapers/wipes, food & was even able to fit a few of my things when I wanted to. It does turn heads and you will get asked questions even with a basic color & I thought that was cool to push around such a stylish stroller. Loved that she was so close to play with, comfort or talk to with out having to bend and if I needed to change her where there were no tables I could use the stroller easily by leaning it back a little.

Show Stopper!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Extremely easy to manoeuvre, fold & unfold and load into any car!
The build quality is second to none and aesthetics wise for those who care about looks;), it's an absolute show stopper star - gets more compliments than the baby inside - and she's a French baby model!:))
We love it, and so will You!

1 of 4 pages