First review ever for any product - terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

As stated - this is the first time I've ever written a review.
Put me on an "auto-renewal" payment option after I only agreed to pay $18.00 for 6 months.
After 1 and a half years they charged me 160+ dollars without any notification that they had changed my subscription to "auto-renew".
Terrible company. Shocking communication with customers. Use a different website/company.

South Durras

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers

Verified Customer

Never Had a Problem

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2016

Given up looking at magazines in the supermarket as I know I will be getting mine in the mail, so I get my grocery shopping done quicker. Price is cheaper. Sometimes I notice issues in the shops before I have received them in the mail, but not a biggie for me. Reminders to renew are probably too frequent, but I ignore the reminders until it is closer to actual renewal time. Have always received any free gifts that were offered. No complaints from me.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Excellent service and have had not one problem!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

I have been a subscriber with subscribetoday.com.au and have not had one single problem! If an issue has arrived damaged they replace my magazine and have even offered to compensate my account for the inconvenience. I subscribed to marie claire and Better Homes & Gardens and have never once had a problem with ordering or their customers service for that matter.

Would hesitate in recommending them to any of my friends!!!

Yours Sincerely
Very pleased customer!!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

A JOKE of a comany - do not deal with these people!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2014

I had an extremely disappointing expereince with SubscribeToday - I have subscribed to numerous magazines over the years from other providers, and never had any problems. I received one issue of a 12 month subscription, and never received another. When I contacted them after 3 months of not receiving anything, I got an apology that they were out of stock of the issues I had missed, and offered to extend my subscription by the missed three issues - at this point, I thought, okay, fine. Waited and waited and still never received any more issues. Contacted them again, and asked to cancel my subscription, and have my money refunded. Rather than admitting responsibility or apologising, they replied "We are sorry to hear you wish to cancel your subscription". Refunded only part of my payment, and did not reply when I asked for a full refund. Please just save yourself the trouble, and go to another provider - just not worth the hassle.

+ nothing

- very poor customer service, dishonest

• 6 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 35 helpful votes

Use Magshop instead - these guys are hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2014

I signed up to a marie claire promotion, and even though the free gift was listed on my email confirmation with an order number, i was told that i would not receive it and would be getting a replacement gift, and if i didn't like it then i can cancel my subscription.

I rang up a week later to be told that i would not be getting a gift and when i said i wanted to cancel, they charged me for the first issue - even though i have not received the first issue. They said they "would resend it out for free". Yeh, ok, "free" but you are charging me for it.

This promotion was very badly handled, with some people getting the gift when they ordered on the same date that i did, and some people getting full refunds.

I should have read the reviews before signing up.

Use magshop - they are ten times better

- Bad service, don't honour what is stated in writing in email, inconsistent information, charge you as much as they can

Such a long delay....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2013

I thought i'm the only one experiencing this kind of problem. I received my Xmas ed of Better Homes and Garden nearly end of January. I'm sick of sending complaint emails to them as I keep missing my magazines issue by issue. It turned out that they send to wrong address as I accidentally found my magazine in my neighbour's mailbox. I've been sending several emails complaining I havent received the january issue yet. They have not replied my email until now. It's absolutely right, saving a few dollars doesnt worth the time and effort you need to solve the problem.

- Bad service

Better Homes & Gardens

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2012

I bought a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens for my mother for her Birthday and it was an excellent experience. I got a good price much cheaper then buying in the shops and each issue has been delivered to my mum before its in the newsagent. Would definitely recommend.

+ Simple & good price

Toowoomba, QLD

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Quicker to go to the shops!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2012

I purchase a years subscription to "Thats Life" magazine thinking that it would be easier to have it home delivered and a great gift idea. Well how wrong was I, they do not come until a day or two after they are released at the shops which i was dealing with and then to top things off every so often i wasn't getting it weekly I would sometimes get 2 a fortnight considering that their are competitions in the magazine to which we enter every week we are now missing out.

They have sent me several emails and snail mail to offer me another 12 months and other offers every mothers day and valentines day ect and I will never subscribe again as i can go to the shops and pick up a magazine there and it will be on time.

+ Can save money

- Late delivery sometimes missing a week and then getting 2 with the next week

SYDNEY

• 1 helpful vote

False advertisement

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2012

They advertise you gonna receive your magazine before it goes to newsstands. I feel like receiving yesterdays newspaper. It's been almost a year and nothing has changed, every month I have to send an email complaining about the delay. The only think that is in time is the letter to renew your subscription. A completely joke. Veeeery poor customer service(it's not my fault kind of thing).

- expect to receive your magazine when the next issue is already on newsagencies.

• 12 helpful votes

Gimmick from subscribetoday.com.au

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2012

I am writting this review to warn all consumers out there who are contemplating to subscribe with subscribetoday.com.au - don't do it. Save your money, time and headache having to deal with their lies. I subscribed for 12 issues of Marie Claire magazine last Xmas due to the offer of free Lancome serum worth $80. I was told the gift would arrive within 6 to 8 weeks. After 8 weeks and no gift, i called them and was told to wait another 28 days. I called again after 28 days and was told to wait again or take 3 extra issues. I opted to wait. It is now mid April and still no gift. I realise that the gift offer is gimmick to lure sucker like me. They have no intention of sending gift. I will make complaint to the Nsw Fair Trading office as well as trying to put words out there to warn people about the behaviour of this company. Subscribetoday.com.au is the website of Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd so please stay away if you don't want to waste your time and money.

+ Magazine delivered monthly to my door

- Lousy contents - take 5 mins to go through mag,, being lied to