Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

After visiting many other builders we decided to look at a Summit display home. This is where we met Michael Klaver. Michael was an ex brickie. What a difference it was dealing with someone that had a true understanding of the technicalities of a house build instead of a sales rep that's just trying to get your signature. He listened to what we wanted, was so enthusiastic and genuinely excited for us. He cared and put much time and energy into us, meeting us after normal business hours to work through things. He created a fantastic home for us. Michael Klaver 10/10.
Next was prestart. Cerys and Danica were both awesome. Had some great ideas, happy, helpful, nothing to much trouble. Prestart was a fantastic fun experience. Thanks girls, 10/10
On to the build.
Our supervisor was Alistair Hunt. The first thing Al did was give us his mobile number and told us he is available and to call him should we have any questions or concerns. He kept us updated at all times and was fantastic to deal with. Thank you so much Al for ensuring our home was structurally sound and with great finishing. The tradies I spoke to onsite all speak highly of Al also. All the tradies were fantastic. Special mention to Jamie and Daniel, the brickies and Danny, the finishing carpenter. 10/10 boys.
We moved in about 3 weeks ago and are loving it. We had one minor issue after the big rains and winds that we had recently and it was attended to promptly with a smile. With an established respected builder like Summit I feel very confident should any other issues arrive moving forward we will be well looked after. The @home feature is fantastic.
Dian and I would have no hesitation in recommending Summit to anyone that was looking for a builder. They may not be the cheapest but you get a quality build with no short cuts and peace of mind. What's that worth?

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Pushy and childish

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

We couldn't find a bad review on Summit when we did our research here as we embarked on the process of finding a builder, so I thought it important to provide our experience for others starting out.
We were impressed with a Summit floor plan we saw in the newspaper, and similarly impressed with the Display home. The consultant was busy with another couple when we first visited down in Baldivis, so we left without talking to anyone. I filled out a form on the website and was surprised no one contacted me for over a week until eventually after I had already called the consultant directly myself.
The consultant prepared a variation of the design for our slightly narrower block and subsequently visited our block mid-week a week or two after we made contact. We made comments to the design and he arranged pricing which I felt to be important to review early given the variability between the promotional price (~$240k) and the display price (~$340k).
We met with the consultant once again at some far away display home - this time in Bushmead - for what I thought was a session to review the pricing and go through everything for explanation before my partner and I were given sometime to review and decide on what needed to come out, etc to meet our budget. Apparently the consultant had other ideas and looked like I had personally slighted his family when I suggested we would not be signing the Preparation of Plans Agreement and providing a $2000 deposit there on the spot.
All of a sudden a solar package we had never been previously offered was on the table, and the consultant had approval from his boss to extend it to lucky us that day to close the deal. Reviewing it afterwards, it wasn't much of a special deal in any case, but it all seemed like steak knives on some home shopping purchase of a fit ball to me rather than a life purchase of the dream home.
I messaged the consultant the next day to thank him for his time and suggest we'd need to go away for a few weeks to soak everything up and just take a breath. Probably a message wasn't the best approach, but it was a Sunday evening and I had vowed to get back to him that following day.
The response:
"Very disappointing to get a text message like that from you. I deserve better than that.
If you really did appreciate my time in coming to see you, meeting with you, designing the home etc. then you wouldn't be saying that in a message you would be asking to meet me again and discuss options and alternate designs etc to meet your budget.
Considering I told you it would come out about the same price of the display home with all the finishing, sitecosts and things you wanted..... and then it came out less [not much by the way]..... why did you bother wasting my time?"
I've since had some fantastic dealings with a number of other builders who have all invested their time - much more than Summit - to try to win our business. They have actively sought our business from my initial enquiries on their websites, and they have sought a lot more than just the width of our block before proposing energy efficient tailored designs for us. They all seem to understand that we cannot afford to go into a pre-start meeting and be hit with thousands of dollars of additional expenses to meet the standard of home we desire, and they all show a very good appreciation that the purchase of a family home is the most significant expense we will ever make and one we want to get right, not get pushed into to meet a consultants sales target.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Annie, Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you had this experience and we take your feedback very seriously. Our management team is investigating as a matter of priority, a... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

It helps when you deal with the right people

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I had been looking for a builder who understood what end result I wanted in my home. I had been in discussion with several builders over a period of weeks. During that time I met Michael Klaver from Summit at a display home south of the river. We had a brief conversation and I was upfront with telling him I was talking to other designers about my block and house design. At the time, I figured that a Summit Home would be well out of my price range. The other builders I spoke with all had different ideas, some of them had completely ignored my brief as to what I wanted included. One builder even told me they could work their way around the local council guidelines and build a house without the reverse aspect as was mandatory to build where I am. After some serious consideration and holding back from signing with a builder who, although offered me incentives and discounts to sign off on a design I wasn't completely happy with (saying we can go through the minor changes after, once I had signed) - My gut feeling took over and I thanked him for his time and effort, but explained I was still talking to other builders.. His demeanour changed almost instantly as he realised he was not going to get the deal done that night. I contacted Michael again and scheduled a time to meet him to get serious about the prospect of building with Summit. In our meeting, we talked about what I wanted, how Summit could help and the fact he had spent years building other peoples mistakes (obviously prior to him joining Summit Homes Group). He told me he had some great ideas to work with what I had requested. The next contact I had was a text message with a photograph that was taken by Michael, who at the time was standing on my recently acquired block of land. He explained that he now understood why I liked the block so much. He saw what I saw from a land owners perspective and his excitement level jumped, maybe even more than mine, as he told me he had the perfect design in mind to realise my home ownership dream. You won't find many sales consultants who would actually visit your block to try and get a feel for what their client is looking to achieve. So, just this week, my gut feeling and I signed to build what I know will be the best designed house for me and my lifestyle. It is still early stages, but I know I have made the right choice to build my home with Summit Homes Group. From out first initial contact up until Monday night, Michael has been keeping me updated with everything involving my block (organising an Engineers and a Surveyors report) as there was some conflict and confusion about the estimated cost of siteworks. And, he listened to me when I requested certain things and offered advice about why different ideas would and wouldn't work in the end design. He has a keen sense of being able to imagine himself walking through a house and visualising how the house design would flow. A couple of small design changes I suggested, he said were good in theory, but then explained why he had designed those areas of the house the way he did and it made complete sense.. I imagine the journey to receiving the keys to my new home will be seamless and believe that my decision to build with Summit was the right choice, thanks entirely to the understanding of one person.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Darryl, Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful feedback. We're thrilled that you've chosen to build with Summit Homes. As part of our ‘built around people’ philosophy, we put our ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Just wanting to say thank you to Summit and everyone involved with the build. People often say this is the most stressful time of your lives, but this whole process beginning to end has been such a breeze. All starting with Glenn in the display, (I can see glenn already has a lot of other great reviews below, and they don’t do him justice! Knows what he’s talking about, always gives you the time of day, can’t thank him enough!!) then Jacqui with all our selection and variation requests and needs, and finishing with Brendan with the construction. The quality of the build has been amazing, and the high standard and pride the trades take in their work is great to see and it shows with the finished product. Being able to see weekly updates on the portal has been really helpful and is such a great idea.
Can’t wait to live in our forever home and make new memories! We will highly recommend Summit to any and all of our friends and family looking to do any renovations or builds!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! As part of our ‘built around people’ philosophy, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, so we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the hi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Excellent builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Building my 4th house, I knew exactly what to look for. I researched and compared several builders. I wasn't looking for the best drafter within the builders but for an excellent builder who knows how to build.This is the common mistake that people do when building (my mistake when I built my first house). Don't compare the design since one builder can have your dream house and make your dream house become a nightmare due to low workmanship. I met Todd who I highly recommend when comparing builders. He designed my dream house and did 10 -15 amendments till the plan was perfect. He also gave me a breakdown of the figures for me to know why the house was at the price. He was also honest with me from the start. He did not tell me: "that something you can look into at prestart", he actually told me: "Alexis that's 7k for just a small feature, having high ceiling throughout the house is a better value for money." You want your drafter to tell you that at the beginning so that you don't face a 25k prestart variation that you will not be able to afford. Summit wasn't the cheapest option but was by far the best choice. I'm getting my keys tomorrow and they definitely exceeded my expectations. If you are building, talk to Todd from Summit, he might not be the right one for you but at least he will provide you something to compare with.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Alexis, Thank you for your wonderful feedback. As part of our ‘built around people’ philosophy, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, so we're happy to hear how much you enjoye... read more »

Exceeded my expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

The whole process with Summit has been brilliant! I found that Glenn was the only person out in the Calleya display village who really took the time to find out what it was that mattered to me in a new home - he then helped me find the block - which was slightly complex - and the house was designed perfectly for the spot! Amy at pre-start gave me so much advice, I really went in there not having much of an idea, and she was honest and transparent and gave me great feedback on my ideas whether they were good or bad! Jamie my Site Supervisor's service was terrific - He was so patient with me, and always got back to me straight away if I had any questions no matter how silly they were! His patience carried over into the PCI and Handover and I couldn't thank him enough! The whole team at Summit made my first building experience so exciting, enjoyable and easy! It's almost a shame that it's over but I can't wait to move in to my beautiful new home!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Sam, Thank you for your kind words! We pride ourselves on excellent service as part of our ‘Built Around People’ philosophy, and it’s great to hear Glenn, Amy and Jamie were able to help you ou... read more »

Summit is Quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Terrific building process. Glenn the sales rep at the Calleya display started it all off on the right foot and the rest of the team which included Prestart, Le Vie, the quality trades and the supervisor building the home and finalising key handover brought it home without putting a foot wrong. Always their to answer your questions and give helpful advice. Couldn't fault The Summit Homes group and would recommend them to anyone.
Thanks for everything guys! Can't wait to move in to our awesome home.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Tony, Thank you for your wonderful review! We pride ourselves on excellent service as part of our ‘Built Around People’ philosophy, always striving to give you the very best care and attention.... read more »

Exceeding customer expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I am writing this review as an appreciation for the exceptional customer service provided by our consultants, Glenn Williams and our site supervisor, Jamie McDonald.

We had many ideas on our home plan but limited time to select the plan. Glenn was capable to put all our thoughts together and efficiently present them to us. He provided us useful suggestions about construction & interior designs as well as what to prepare for pre-start, so that we could smoothly go on next stage.

We always received Jamie’s helpful prompt replies and he was able to follow up and tackle the problems timely throughout the construction period. The in-depth construction designs that we did not understand were clearly explained and patiently responded. We would like to sincerely thank you for their helps and professional manners. Their efforts are appreciated and we are happy with the final result.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Brian and Elaine, Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review! As part of our company ethos, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, so we're happy to hear how much you enjoyed the... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

We are very happy with our recently completed house, aswell as the overall build process with Summit Homes. We found their communication to honest and transparent, which was an important factor when choosing a builder. Our sales rep (Michael Klaver) helped tailor the Alkira display design for us to give us everything we needed, but at the same time gave us plenty of options of things that we could add or subtract to suit our budget. We are very happy with the final design and finishes. The meeting with La Vie interiors was also very helpful to bring our ideas and colour choices together, which made pre-start less daunting. We also found Amy to have a lot of experience and knowledge with some little ideas that the average person doesn't think of. Our site supervisor (Victor) was a pleasure to deal with, and always got back to us when we had any queries. He kept us informed about any tiny changes that had to be made and didn't mind meeting us at the house every now for a progress update. A lot of our family and friends have been impressed with the quality of our build.
Our experience was overall very positive, and based on our build, we would definitely recommend Summit Homes to anyone that is looking to build.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Niknich, Thank you for sharing your experience with this independent review. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service every step of the way, along with our ability to tailor the buildi... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I first met Michael McDonald in October 2016 at the Orchard display home. I loved the house as displayed but needed something a bit bigger and wheelchair accessible for my husband. Michael was fantastic and adapted the plan to better suit our needs and we signed contracts mid November. Pre start was a bit stressful and took longer than we expected due to special needs specifications but once we got to site early April things moved along very quickly. Our construction manager was Victor Sciullo. He was amazing, nothing was too much trouble. I was a regular visitor to the house during the build and if I queried anything he was on to it immediately. The tradies he had working for him were all very professional - Nick and Dimitri (Painters), Keith (Fixer), Sam (Tiler), Aaron (the Plumber) all take pride in their work and are very friendly. Victor kept in regular contact and always kept me updated on progress and what was going to happen next. The Customer Portal you get access to when you sign up is fantastic and a great resource that enables you to know what to expect at each stage of the build. Victor regularly updated with photos as well. We moved in last week and are very happy with the end result.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Rae, Thank you for your 5 star review! At Summit Homes we pride ourselves on our ability to tailor the building journey to suit your individual needs and our friendly, experienced team deliver... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Wonderful experience with Summit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

We really enjoyed our experience with Summit. We have never built before but found the whole team at Summit extremely helpful and supportive. The team designed us a home to specifically suit our block and the end result has been better than we anticipated. We had David as our sales rep and he was wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble and he wasn't pushy at all. Our supervisor, Colin, had attention to detail and was beyond helpful as we live away and he always informed us of the build process. The build happened so quickly and we have been very happy with our end result.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Jem, Thank you for sharing your experience! We pride ourselves on excelling in customer service and the manner in which our team has delivered a smooth new home building journey is part of our... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2016

Excellent experience and outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Very organised builder from the initial design stage through to final completion and maintenance. Well managed build with an excellent supervisor and tradespeople. Customer support was without fault with reasonable prices quoted for the build and all variations. Worked to a project timeframe that was provided to us very early in the building process. Could not be happier or more satisfied with the final result.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Dan, Thank you very much your wonderful feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your building journey with Summit Homes. Customer service is at the very heart of Summit Homes as part of o... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Excellent first time building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

We really enjoyed our first new build with Summit and this was due to the whole team who helped us through the process.
The communication from all of the different departments was really good throughout and when there were issues they were resolved really quickly and with a minimum of fuss. Maintenance support post completion has been excellent, we've had minor issues but Summit have been quick to engage their contractors and get them out to take care of them.
I’d certainly recommend Summit to family and friends if they decided to build.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Mark, Thank you for your wonderful review! Customer service is at the very heart of Summit Homes, our philosophy is to build homes around people and we're happy to hear that communication and su... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Great value, great supervisor.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Apart from some initial problems with a retaining wall, which the Summit team was very good about following up and rectifying, we have been extremely happy with how the build has unfolded. Our Supervisor kept us in the loop with regular contact when required, and was quick to respond to any questions from us along the way. We found him very easy-going, helpful and flexible when we needed to deal with issues on our side. Overall, the quality of the house has easily met our expectations, and in fact, the independent site inspector we engaged to do a completion report commented to us that this (and most Summit Homes he has done) was of a standard generally better than many of the other builders that he inspects. Indeed he only had a few minor issues to report on, which our Supervisor had fixed without any dispute. An overall positive experience.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Mike, Thank you for your wonderful review. Our ethos to build homes around people, so our team is always working towards your new home, striving to give you the best care and attention. And we... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Worth for money, no delay, excellent customer and maintenance services

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Building with Summit Homes was our happy journey and worth for money.

From the sales Glenn Williams (He is a very kind person to talk and we appreciate his passion and efforts on designing the house for us), the site supervisor Jamie McDonald (He is a quick response, responsible, patient & knowledgeable person we have ever met and took care the build very well), to the Maintenance team (They did excellence jobs at high standard).

We had been experiencing the reliable, efficient and prompt response services and quality that we had been looking for.

When you compare with other budget builders and you would find out that's pretty much the same cost if you looking for same quality range product among them, but Summit Homes gives you a no delay, no disputes and good quality finish and efficient work. In conclusion, We are a happy customer with Summit Homes. If you asked, we will definitely go with Summit Home again if built another one.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Man, Thank you for your wonderful review! At Summit Homes we pride ourselves on our ability to tailor the building journey to suit your individual needs and our friendly, experienced team deli... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

First build, no worries, dream come true

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

We would like to thank the great team at Summit for building our wonderful new home, a dream that started three years ago when we started visiting display homes. From our sales consultant who helped with changes to the design, Todd, to Isabella and Amy who were our contacts at prestart and Andrew our building supervisor they made the whole process stress free. All were happy to help with any questions we had throughout the process, with replies to queries being actioned same day.

When we started looking we did our research and after 6 months of looking came across Todd at Summits Chateau display home which we loved the design of. We went back a second time and from there Todd after listening to what we wanted in a home tweaked the design to match what we wanted. We however did not end up building that home, (due to a delay on our side), Todd had then started working in a new home called the Australiana. He called us about it being a plan similar to the Chateau knowing that we would love the design. He had also made some design tweaks, features he knew we were interested in. It was this attention to details, knowing what we wanted and the pressure free environment, (despite the aforementioned lengthy delay on our part), that confirmed for us that we had picked the builder for us and it didn't stop there.

Amy and Isabella at pre-start were both very professional, bubbly and very helpful in guiding us through the pre-start process which made us even more excited about building with Summit and no question was too silly to ask being our first home build experience. They both gave us a sense of confidence in our choices which was very comforting.

Andrew was our building supervisor and throughout the whole process communicated with us all the way, his attention to detail and organisation of the trades people was fantastic. As the build was 2 mins from home we would visit the house daily and any issues (not many at all) were brought to his attention. Andrew had already spotted them and had taken steps to get them fixed. At PCI we already knew some spots that needed a little work but once again Andrew was way ahead of us and had highlighted them for the trades people to rectify before handover. All his attention to detail in the end gave us a finished home that we look forward to living in for many years to come. Even after handover a couple of small things missed in PCI were fixed promptly.

We would also like to thank the ladies at La Vie Interiors for all their assistance in the interior design of the home, (which was at the time a part of our build package). Their knowledge about colour and design was extremely valuable and helped contribute to a build process so much so, that we enjoyed we even got our curtains from them as well. They understood where we were headed with colours and helped guide us to a smoother transitions of colours throughout the home, without overriding our initial choices.

While it is some way off, we know that Summit Homes is the company we would build with again and if you are thinking of building Summit is not only is great WA company that make a great home their people make the experience stress free and enjoyable.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Ryan and Brad, Thank you for your outstanding review! Customer service is at the very heart of Summit Homes as part of our ‘Built Around People’ philosophy. That means we always work towards y... read more »

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Absolutely Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Huge thanks to Glenn Williams for taking scrappy bits of paper with no real concept of 'size' and putting them into plans that made sense.
Colin Copeland our supervisor, is "the best supervisor in the world" without a doubt. He assisted us on our journey through construction and bridged the gap between supervisor and building consultant. We have built previous homes and investment properties and sadly had nowhere near the positive experience in building that we have had with Summit on our latest build. Colin's professionalism is to be commended - particularly for dealing with all our queries, getting things rectified when we noticed anything without fuss. More often than not, he was one step ahead of us.
Please pass on our heartfelt thanks to the entire Summit team for building us our dream home.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Di and Jeff, Thank you for your amazing review! We are so pleased you’ve had such a positive building experience with our fantastic team. Our “Built Around People” philosophy means we always w... read more »

Great Job! Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

We wish to thank our building supervisor Colin Copeland for the way and manner he went about the building of our house, from slabdown to Final Completion. He is one of a kind and has been prompt in responding on any concerns.
My wife and I are happy and appreciate the entire Summit Group Staff whose joint efforts has made the dream of building our new home a tremendous success. Thank you again for your invaluable services.

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Obi E, Thank you for your 5 star review! Our ‘built around people’ commitment means we always strive to give you the best care and individual attention, working towards your new home dream. I’... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Wonderful Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

A wonderful experience building with Summit Homes. We truly were blessed with the A Team, all of whom went that extra mile to make our dream home come true. We had a beautiful design drawn up by Michael McDonald based on the Orchid display home. Michael took the time to understand the wants and needs we were looking for in our next home. We were really looked after by Michael, he was very patient and understanding with the many changes we made to our plan. He provided us with excellent and reliable design services.

We were also lucky to have a great Contracts Administrator, Isabella Car. She was very reliable and had amazing interior design input. She was exceptionally knowledgeable on the materials/ products and we were really appreciative of all her suggestions at the pre start meeting and throughout our build.

Our Site Supervisor Colin Copeland did an amazing job in making our dream home come to life. We had such a smooth construction process with very minimal issues. We really appreciated Colin's efforts, he went above and beyond to ensure that our new home was finished to a high quality and standard. No task was too large or too small, he really put in a dedicated effort in having our home finished beautifully.

We could not be happier with our new home, thank you Summit Homes, Michael, Isabella and Colin for building our dream home!

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your amazing review, and sharing your experience! We pride ourselves on excelling in customer service and the manner in which our team has delivered a smooth new home buil... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2017

NO REGRETS!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

Our final inspection was just 2 days ago and we were impressed with the workmanship, it was almost flawless.

We are very thankful to our building supervisor, Marco. He has been so wonderful, helpful, patient, responsible and prompt in responding and acting on any queries that we had along the way. Our portal has always been up to date with photos too.

We have no regrets to have chosen Summit to be our builder. They have the most reliable people that ensures a smooth building journey right from the sales, contracts and construction.

Thank you everyone that has been with us on this journey, especially Marco.

We are proud to have Summit as our builder.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Summit Homes Official

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5 star review. We always strive to deliver the very best care and individual attention, as well as a quality build. And we’re so pleased that you’ve enj... read more »

1 of 5 pages