Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Best home coffee machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I'm very fussy with my coffee and absolutely love the quality of the coffee this machine makes. Its as good as a Melbourne barista made coffee. The machine is easy to set up and use. It took a little bit of playing around with the settings to get it just right for the beans I was using, but worth it to make the perfect coffee. Very simple to clean too. It does spill a little excess coffee grinds out the sides when grinding it, but other than that I love this machine.
Highly recommend this machine for anyone who loves coffee and wants to make it at home.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Tris!

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

I've stopped buying cafe coffees...because the coffees I make with this are better!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

If you're in the market for a coffee machine, you must take a look at the Sunbeam Barista Max. Basically, I hope it stays in my life forever. I think it's the perfect machine for those who loved the convenience and ease of a pod machine however want to branch out to a real espresso machine. The coffee I'm making is cafe quality - I used to buy at least one coffee per day from the local cafe, and since I have had the Barista Max I've bought only one (and I didn't enjoy it!).  It's easy to use out of the box, however the different settings for grinding, tamping etc make it fun to experiment with if you're after more manual controls. We have limited bench space so I loved the built-in grinder. I found the two-cup filter basket much easier to use than the one-cup (need more practice with that). Also, I've set my grinder to 20 which I find is perfect. I love it, and a few of my friends have their eyes on one too.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Jasmine.

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Best at-home coffee I've had.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

We're very satisfied with this, and we both have access to commercial machines at work so have kinda high expectations. We use it every day.

It can take a few goes to get the grind coarseness, volume of coffee and tamping right - still occasionally have a miss that pours too quick with no crema or drips out slowly - but once you've worked it out you're good to go. Temperature is spot on. Fresh, fresh beans definitely makes a big difference! If you're not getting the crema you'd expect from a cafe coffee, try some fresh beans from a local roaster.

Love that a grinder is integrated, pleased to not be creating waste a-la pod machines, and it looks good in the kitchen.

Purchased at: Sunbeam Australia

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Easy to use but too much ground coffee wasted

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

This is my first coffee machine yet I found it easy to use. I can now enjoy cafe style coffee at the comfort of my own home. Grinding, extraction and texturising milk is simple to do. The final outcome is of course dependent on the quality of the coffee beans you use. What I see as an improvement to this product is a re-design to the grinding section so that no ground coffee ends outside the grouphead. Too much ground coffee ends splattered around - a mess I don't appreciate cleaning up. Also, it would be good if you can simultaneously use coffee extraction and milk texturising. At the moment, you can only do one at a time.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Alfred, thanks for the feedback on the EM5300 - when you are grinding the beans you can move your group handle from side to side which can even the peak down reducing the spillage. There is a l... read more »

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

WE LOVE IT!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

The Sunbeam Barista max is a great coffee machine, so easy to use, easy to clean and lets people like me make cafe quality coffees at home! The inbuilt grinder is super handy and takes up no extra space on the bench which is great for people like us with little bench space. We will NEVER be going back to pods again!

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi, thank you for the great review, happy to see you are enjoying using the machine

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

My favourite kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I love a gadget that saves time and space. The Sunbeam Barista Max does both! I love how compact and efficient this machine is, but most importantly it makes beautiful "caeft-style" coffee. The inbuilt grinder is also a plus and keeps my kitchen bench tidy and clean. Love the Sunbeam Barista Max!

Comments
Sunbeam Official

It seems everyone is loving this machine, thanks for sharing!!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

A Mum must have : we love it!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

We are so impressed with this machine; the sunbeam barista max is the perfect addition to our kitchen and daily routine. The machine is simple to use and creates a beautiful coffee that’s cafe quality. The coffee is the perfect temperature and I feel like I’m getting my daily cafe hit In the comfort of my own home. As a mum, this saves me time and money. We love our barista max and highly recommend!

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Cassandra Mic, great to see you so happy using this machine, thank you for reviewing!!!

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

I can never go back to the pods!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I LOVE THIS MACHINE. It is easy to use, easy to clean and not full of fandangled gadgets that add no value to the end result. The inbuilt grinder saves bench space. Perfect cafe style coffee at home.
It's a good looking machine too, so I am not sorry about it being on the bench. Not too big either which is perfect for not clogging up your bench!!

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Jess, great and thanks for taking your time to leave us a review!

Sydney

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Espresso martinis on me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I love this little guy. I’ve wanted a machine for a while but am a bit of a snob about coffee and didn’t think I’d be able to make decent coffee myself. This machine drew me in with it’s clean, simple design and integrated grinder (I don’t have much bench space). It delivers the goods and makes great coffee. In fact, it’s pretty hard to stuff it up. The instructions work. Coffee nerds will appreciate the manual programming options but I didn’t change a thing, the default settings are perfect for me. Now I walk out the door smug as with my takeaway coffee ready to go. My mum liked my barista max so much she bought one for herself.

Surprise benefit- I can now make cracking espresso martinis at home!

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Great to hear !!! thanks heaps for the review

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great coffee machine!!! Using it in a camper trailer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

We are using the coffee machine in a camper trailer powered by a 12 volt battery through an inverter. The coffee is great, as is the steamed milk and the integrated grinder is terrific. As we camp around Australia, we find the aroma of real coffee attracts many friends and the machine does a wonderful job of churning out great coffee for us and friends in some of the most remote parts of Australia.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

HI Jon L, so envious of your travelling! Great to see you using the machine in such a great way...

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Have you heard the rumour? I bloody love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

The Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300 is a great compact coffee machine. Love the all-in-one design which saves kitchen bench space and the machine is very easy to use and clean. Finding the right grind setting took a bit of experimenting but once you find it the machine produces a great smooth coffee in minutes. Definitely recommend this one from Sunbeam.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Ken!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Simple Cafe quality coffee at home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

The Barista Max is so easy to use. The grinder takes two or three goes to get the right consistency and then beautiful flavoured coffee is created, each and every time. It looks beautiful on my countertop and huge water tank. The temperature is consistent and easy to change, if needed. Never have I used a machine that is so easy and simple with great results. Ps: the grinder is very quiet too!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Deeb!

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Sleek, modern and easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I have loved the coffee this machine makes, it is actually better than some coffee shops I have sat at and I can't believe how easy it is to use and I feel like anyone can be a barista! The grinder is pretty cool and very quiet. At a touch of a button I can have a double shot and within seconds I am frothing the milk, the texture is silky and hot.

By the way It looks great on my kitchen bench.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Royboy.

Snowy Mountain

• 1 comment
  • 14 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best choice ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I bought this machine for my daughter and she loves it, nice design specially the black one, it looks and produces the tastiest coffee.

Very satisfied with my choice for a gift for a special person.

Sunbeam products always been so reliable and value for money.

I will be buying one for my self also.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Best Barista Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I've had the Barista Max for 3 months. It was more for my partner who loves italian-style coffee but I started to drink coffee every morning since we got the machine. We have tried different beans, and whatever the grind size and quantity, the coffee is always excellent. The machine is very easy to use and is perfect for espresso, but I like to use it to do chai latte or soy latte thanks to the great Steam wand for frothing. My partner and I, got Nespresso coffee machine in the past, and we are very happy to switch to a real barista machine, the taste and the experience are totally different. We are used to host guests in our bed&breakfast house, and everyone is enjoying our new coffee!

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review!! You can't beat the taste of freshly ground coffee!!

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Everyone needs a Barista at home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Its the ideal Barista coffee machine to have at home at the tip of your fingers. With its creamy coffee blend and perfect temperature this machine machine makes the perfect café coffee blend.
Its 58cm group handle delivers the consistency of the right amount of coffee poured everytime.
Its pre infusion allows the coffee oils to be released before the coffee is poured, which that gives it the perfect crème and blend.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi TDM, thanks for the fab review, so happy you love using it!

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Brilliant Coffee Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

We purchased this machine about a month ago and so glad we did, easy to use, found the grind level that suits us and the coffee has the same consistency and temperature every time. The machine just needs a wipe and looks like new, no need to stainless steel cleaner to make it shine. One of the best coffee machines we have purchased and would highly recommended the Barista Max EM5300.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Rosie, so happy you love the machine, it really is a great one so love seeing the great results!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

I’m no barista, but coffee is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I wanted an all in one machine that has the grinder inside, and was easy to use. I chose this one because the sales person told me it only pours a coffee at the right temp. Grinder took me a bit, but now I have the hang of it and my coffee taste like real coffees!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Robin, thank you for your review. True, the Barista Max is easy to use and once you perfect that grind you will get a great coffee every time. Enjoy!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

The best value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

This manual machine is compact and pours a perfect coffe every time. It is fully automated so when you press the 2 or 1 shot coffee button it will pour the perfect shot of coffee.
This machine is finished in a beautiful stainless steel mat finish, all your buttons for operation are found on the front which makes very easy to use. The best value for money machine that pours a cafe style coffe shot every time.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi DMAJ, what more could I say? thanks for the fantastic review!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

We love the ease of use!!! Cafe style coffee in the comfort of your own home!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Both my partner and I are regular coffee drinkers, so we opted to purchase one. It’s so easy to use, I have used espresso machines before , but my partners hopeless with making a coffee out of a kettle so I was worried as to how he’d handle making espresso. After a couple of goes, he was able to make us both a perfect coffee, I was beyond excited. I Would recommend this machine to singles, couples or families.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Chutz90, so happy to hear you are both loving the machine. The highlight of the Barista Max is the fact it's so easy to use. Hope you continue to make great coffees!

1 of 3 pages