Urangan, QLD

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Wraps and Toasties.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I have only had this Cafe Grill for a couple of months and have lost count how many times I have used it. It is a very compact unit, but more than adequate for a couple of toasties or your favorite wrap in a very short space of time. It heats up quickly with it's 1650/1800 watt element. It fits 2 large slices of your favorite bread and comes out with a grill pattern as the top plate is fashioned with a grill formation creating a greater surface area over the top face. It is also perfect to grill your steak or even sausages. I have grilled a steak with great success but haven't done the sausages yet but will give them a go soon. Cleaning is a breeze as it has a non stick coating on all the cooking surfaces, so all I do is wipe it down with a paper towel, then again with a damp cloth, very quick and simple. This grill has replaced a 4 slice double flat plate Breville that lasted me more than 15 years until it finally gave up. In this modern day throw away society, if this Sunbeam Cafe Grill lasts half that distance I will think myself lucky. Until then, I am loving the results I am getting from it, so do yourself a favour and invest in one of these, you won't regret it. I highly recommend this grill and they are selling at an unbelievable price.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Sunbeam Official

HI Ben, so happy you love the product, thanks for the fab review!!!!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Perfect Toasted Sandwiches

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

It heats up fast, does a great job of toasting sandwiches. Plenty of hotplate space. Very easy to clean, just wipe it clean with a paper towel. The power cord wraps easily around the base, snug and out of the way. The appliance simply locks closed, and can be stored resting on its back end, or lying flat. No bad points found after almost daily use for six weeks, a top quality machine.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the positive feedback Kev.

Macgregor, ACT

• 10 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 37 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Falling apart

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

purchased from the good guys Warranty up by a week called Sunbeam about the green light falling off they don't care said out of warranty, won't recommend this product to anyone, poor build for a Sunbeam. pretty disappointed with the service as well. or els its a good little grill.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Kanye, sorry to hear about the grill. If a product is a week out of warranty Sunbeam will assist you so please call us on 1300 881 861 and give us your receipt details so we can help with this situation

Thanks Clare Customer Care Consultant who fix the issue. replacement on the way.

Sunbeam Official

Hi Kanye, great to hear, hope you enjoy using it. I'm sure you will...

Sidaknee

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2013

Pretty good, but didn't last that long

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I got about 4 or 5 years out of mine before it died. The was a bright flash of light from the rear of the base, then it stopped heating. It wasn't expensive, so I'm not that fussed about the short lifespan.
Decent heat and fast warm-up time, but the bar pattern top plate is a little too hard to keep clean, so I'm going to try a Breville with double flat plates this time.

Sunshine Coast, QLD

• 82 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 43 answers
  • 104 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Pretty good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Not bad for the price. Smelled badly of chemicals the first couple of times we used it, but that faded thankfully. Makes a mean sandwich, very good for nearly instant hot meals. I've had problems with other Sunbeam products in the past, specifically the expensive food mixer that stripped gears shortly after purchase, but this simpler product is apparently more robust and reliable. Will update this review if I encounter any issues...

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Dan Johnson!!

Angle Park

• 11 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

i can't do without this product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I think this product is very good it makes very good toasties and it doesn't take to long to cook and easy to clean as nothing sticks to it.I have no problems with this product at all and i would recommend this product to anyone. We use it quite regularly.

Purchased at: Radio Rentals SA

• 6 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

It even cooks steak!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

I've never liked the ones that crush the bread into hard triangles, with the inside dangerously hot. This little darling does perfect toasties, even without butter or oil on the plates. Easy to clean, lock and store vertically, saving space. The top plate is ribbed, the bottom one flat, so if you want ribbed both sides, just flip it. I've cooked steak on it and chops, but anything with bones must be equal thickness. It's like a mini George Forman grill and I love it to bits.

• 1 question
  • 38 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Perfect toasties

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

My husband bought me one for my birthday and we both love it. The grill is easy to clean, heats quickly and cooks within a minute or two. It works well on wraps and bread. Can be used with all sizes of bread even the thicker types. Our toasties were golden brow and delicious. We bought it at Big W for $39 which was good.

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Best value for money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I've had a Sunbeam sandwich maker for 20 years,no problems but I noticed the surface was deteriorating. I saw the compact cafe grill on special at Harvey Norman for $25, I'd seen it at Target for $45.Best money I've ever spent,I love it easy to clean great sandwichs!
If this lasts 20 years I'll be over the moon.

Simple, Cheap and Effective

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I Bought this on a great $20 special at the good guys for toasting my wraps. Honestly I couldn’t fault this for the price and value for money. Heats up quickly and does a great grill. Pro tip this is perfect for reheating pizza by crisping my the bases of microwaved pizza.

Kootingal

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Dependable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Another good product from sunbeam. Easy to clean, you just need to spray, wipe and its shiny new again.
Cook quite fast too.. I cook steak in there too sometimes and its just so perfect.

The only cons is the machine cools down by themselves after couple minutes before starting to heat up again.

Lovely small grill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

A bargain. Just over $25 and works like a charm. Excellent for wraps, kebabs, toasts and small stuff. You might need to make one at a time but it heaps up really quick, so I don't find that as too much of a problem. Compact, elegant and can squeeze in the pantry or kitchen corner. Very happy with the purchase.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 9 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

just right

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I had a George Forman grill and I needed to replace it recently, So I did some research and found the sunbeam compact cafe grill. its great, not to small and not huge, for those like me who have a small kitchen. I think its every bit as good as my last one , I hope it lasts the 8 years, as the Forman grill.

Great Product for the Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I saw it couple of weeks ago on Good Guys Ebay site on sale and got it for $21 which is an unbelievable price for such a nice looking cafe grill. I have been using it for couple of weeks now and very happy with the performance so far, highly recommended.

• 6 helpful votes

Great compact sandwich grill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Purchased this compact grill last weekend and so far it has been great. I chose the compact appliance as I have limited space to store electrical appliances in my kitchen. The grill heats up quickly and toasts sandwiches perfectly, I have also used it to grill rump steak medallions which were very juicy and tender. I am looking forward to using this appliance in different ways. For the small price I paid it is very versatile. Well done Sunbeam.

Far North Queenslamd

• 9 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2013

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

My second cafe grill has just died, and I’m not sad. I think they are excellent value for the use I have had.
My first unit died after about 5 years, and as I had been so happy with it, I bought the exact same model to replace it. I found them both quick to heat up, easy to clean & much easier to store than the bigger units on sale. My second unit stopped working recently after about 4 years trouble free use. The units appear robust & well made.
I’m about to purchase a new one.

Heathmont

Very good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Sunbeam has a good brand name and this compact grill is worth buying!
Very quick heating and perfect for a small family:)
One side grill and the other is flat is so convenient.
Very happy and satisfied with this product and will highly recommended it to buy:)
Thanks a ton!

• 2 helpful votes

good quality machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

Purchased on special for $23.20 from the Good Guys store on eBay with pickup in Castle Hill. This machine is very compact, takes little room on the bench and is very sturdy and simple to use. It's a good size grill and very easy to clean and nothing sticks to the surface! One little machine cooks my toasties, eggs, bacon, ham and everything else!

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Good Product !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

We bought this Sunbeam Compact Cafe Grill GR8210 from THE GOOD GUYS. It is perfect for a small family as it compact. The plate size of this grill is sufficient enough to warm a normal size wrap as well. We use it often and is very good so far with no complaints.

Date Purchased: Jul 2015

wonderful machine, use it every day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

easy to clean, easy to cook lots of things in. great machine. doesn't take up a lot of room on bench. makes the best toasties. doesn't stick. heats up quickly. highly recommended. easy to use. good size machine for making food.. great appliance to add to your kitchen. would buy anothe rone

1 of 2 pages