Unbelivable failure as a business and a bank -

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

In a new business our dealings with Suncorp have been absolutely painful and frustrating. "we'll call you back" seems to be the big promise...Not one returned phone call over 3 months during a business setup. Fees upon fees as many as they can pile on. Card issues, failure to communicate within their structure...One department calling us to see what other departments (within Suncorp) are doing .... Endless 'human error mistakes' Stupid suggestions to go to a branch 5 hours drive away from us. The owner of our business chose Suncorp...We chose ING for our personal savings bank....The essence of efficiency in comparison. Everything was so easy online from our remote location.
Suncorp is great with insurance...Certainly not with banking

Private message

Appalling, disorganised and no follow through

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I switched from an ANZ Platinum Rewards card to a Suncorp Clear Options card to save some money on membership fees. The entire Suncorp visa card application process was a complete and utter fiasco. They seemed to want every last detail of my existence here on Earth and the emails and phone calls went back and forth for weeks. After I finally received the card (I have a flawless credit rating by the way) they still called me up from deepest darkest India to request a THIRD payslip. They said my credit card would be blocked unless they received it that day! On top of that, my credit card account was supposed to be merged with our mortgage accounts for easy online access. I was promised this would happen but it never did. I had to actually figure it out myself and did so through the Suncorp iOS app. I was also assured the card would be linked to my Qantas FF account and it never was. What other bank operates this way? An absolute farcical mess, from the bottom all the way to to the top.

Londonderry, NSW

• 7 comments
  • 24 helpful votes

OFFSET wasnt attached properly

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I have a business loan with them with a free offset account. Just writing this review to advise people to check their offset account. Mine was not attached properly so in 5 months i missed out of $580 savings. How many other people are not attached properly.
Now its under review and is promised to be back dated. Otherwise when we set this up everything was good, great service, knowledgeable staff member, longer than usual settlement so we had to push and push but I'm happy otherwise.
I wouldn't throw them in the bin completely as a banking service, a mistake was made and hopefully will be corrected in 10-14 days, which again is a long time.

Disgusting bank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I refinanced with another bank after being continually told the wrong information by Suncorp staff. I was told one thing then next time I rang up I was told another. My refinanced paper work was sent to them 02/01/2018 and after speaking to them today (06/02/2018) they still have not finalised the accounts and closed them and I am still being charged interest on the loans. Nice to see they acknowledge long term customers, I have been a customer with them for over 10yrs, apparently that amounts to nothing. Think twice before you go with this bank, you will regret it, I promise. There is a reason why someone like Adam Gilchrist doesn't endorse them anymore.

Internet banking works 1 in 10 tries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

Internet banking is constantly hanging after i put my credentials in. When i do get in, it's stupidly slow. Mobile app is the same. Seriously suncorp, how hard is it?!?!?

Caloundra

Private message

Phone banking people rude and unhelpful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

I recently got passed around like a hot potato whilst trying to claim a reward voucher using my points accumulated on my credit card. Each person(about 7 to date) gave me a different excuse as to why it took so long to get it, including it had been sent to an email so old I couldn't remember it! It's doing my head in! Guess I'll just have to call again in 3-5 working days when I don't receive it yet again

Brisbane

• 7 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

Disappointing customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I’ve been a customer of Suncorp for nearly 12 years. I’ve never gone overdrawn, a credit score if nearly 930 and I pay my credit card off every 1 to two weeks. I have a low credit limit on my credit card as I pay it off regularly and it stops anyone stealing too much. I need to increase my credit limit for two weeks in order to hire a car as they take a $5500 hold on my credit card for insurance excess. Whilst I have a third party insurance to cover the excess if I need it, Suncorp will not allow me to temporarily increase the credit limit to cover the insurance. Whilst I have the cash in one of my Suncorp accounts to cover it, I don’t trust car hire companies so would rather do it as a hold on my card than pay cash. Who on earth do you have to be before Suncorp think you’re a good risk.

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 20 helpful votes
Private message

Useless liars and theives.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

These guys took money out of my 1 year old sons account every month to pay the tax office without anyone's approval or for any tax office requirement. No one seems to know what is going on. Talked to many different people and I had to quote the ATO rules to them. They admit that they made a mistake and would refund the money.
1 month later no money and no record of last calls. Now they refuse to refund the money and told us to deal with the ATO because the financial year had ended. How do you claim your 1 year old's money back when he doesn't have a tax file number.
Will be closing our account with them as they can't be trusted.
INCOMPETENT!!! Deal with these fool at your own risk.

Melbourne

Private message

Suncorp settlements and customer service - very poor after 20 years.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Very poor customer service for existing customers.

I have been with the bank for nearly 20 years with multiple home and investment loans. After this debacle I'll be re-financing elsewhere.

I had settlement on a property - very difficult to contact the bank. Only access to a single operator with no name, Unknown phone number who then refers to the appropriate areas and comes back to you.

No ownership or care factor.

Michael Cameron is the CEO, I'll send him a letter to voice my opinion.

Brisbane

Worst bank out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

There is no communication between different departments within this company! I took out a home loan with them, a part of the process was paying out my personal loan. I received a confirmation letter from them saying my personal loan had been paid out, then received a letter a couple months later from the debt collectors because the account was still open and hadn't made any payments for months! I’ve now refinanced with a new bank several years later and the loans been paid out but still after 8weeks the surplus money paid to clear the loan still hasn’t been returned and to top it off the surplus money has now disappeared from internet banking! All they need to do is transfer it into my old Suncorp everyday account but this is just too hard! There’s so much more just don’t have the time to rant any longer!

Sydney

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I needed to do a large transfer urgently and Shanel at the Parramatta concept store went over and beyond to help me. She called multiple Suncorp departments to make sure it was done correctly and gave me her staff number and direct phone as well so I could follow up. It went through as promised and I was able to do the important thing that I needed done. Thank you!

Give me my money!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

20 + years a Bank & Superannuation customer. Nice as you like on the phone - but don't actually action anything! Recently I made 18 Phone calls and 9 emails to them during the sale of my property to arrange for Sect 27 deposit funds and pay out figures - frustrating in the extreme with no one able to help or take any responsibility for anything. Hold, transfer, hold, transfer, hold, transfer... Even a supervisor who vowed to help never followed up or actioned a thing. Never received the Sect 27 funds and at settlement they "forgot" to bring the Land Title - as such it fell over and I am $5k worse off for their error, plus they keep charging me related fees which are not my responsibility. They admitted liability but offered no apology, no reimbursement, no response to subsequent emails or phone calls. On more than one occassion when asking for a Manager I was told, "someome might call you back in 24-48 hrs but they don't usually talk to the public". You guessed it, they never called. Ridiculous way to run a business. Next step, the Banking Ombudsman, Legal avenues and Media.

Private message

Untrustworthy! Customers are not protected properly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

My car was damaged by another driver. He was totally faulty. Suncorp just offered the option that brings them benefits, not the customers. I was disadvantageous and suffering from what they consulted. I am wrong when I trust them. I paid insurance to be protected but then I realised that I was made use of what I don’t know. Nothing disappointing than that.

Apple Tree Creek

• 4 helpful votes

No Loyalty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We have held Suncorp accounts for well over a decade, these accounts include savings, subsavings superannuation and business accounts.
Recently noted fees being charged which were not notified or charged before-when i questioned this they took weeks to respond and didnt answer me just suggested a different account which would have drawn higher fees. Our superannuation accounts were frozen for weeks without notice while they'improved' their system-came back on line identical. On line banking in down at least once a week, the staff in sub branches are hopeless and basically there to send you home to internet bank-no idea why they are even there!!
Well this customer has finally had a gut full and is moving on...just have to find a bank that isnt as dodgy as suncorp.....surely there is one out there

Gold Coast, QLD

• 37 comments
  • 13 questions
  • 22 answers
  • 18 helpful votes
Private message

Another bank not taking responsibility

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I ordered a meal from Eatnow and as my meal was cancelled by the restaurant with no explanation.

So when I rang Eatnow contact centre, I was told there would be a refund within 24-48 hours, 1-3 days and 7-10 days.

And when I rang Suncorp contact centre to confirm if they can see pending transaction of a refund, I was told they couldn't see any pending they didn't call it Transactions, even those I saw on the app it being called transaction and call it how I see it on the official Suncorp Android app, "Pending Transactions".

I was told after 15 minutes of not believing me, contact centre found the pending transaction but they claim because it was a holding money put aside, there was no refund and both money being taken out and put back cancel each other out and I won't see this on my statement as it wasn't a transaction.

So I ask Suncorp contact centre to contact Eatnow staff to tell them what you told me, it was a holding no refund.

But they refused to do this.

So who is right?

Eatnow claiming it is a refund?

Or

Suncorp claiming it is a holding, no money was actually sent?

As customers are not responsible as they don't have control over the system controlling transactions.

PS In 2018, a new system through Reserve Bank transactions should take only 30 minutes, but Banks and Companies blaming each other for delays in Transactions like refund well be the same blame game.

Sydney

• 1 comment
Private message

Pretty good service... but I'm leaving

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

They had a really the best home loan rate when I joined and their customer service has always been pretty good. It's good to be able to talk to real people, and not just in business hours.

They have just enough branches, and the tellers will fill out deposit slips for you if you're too lazy to do it yourself.

Why I'm leaving:
My home loan product got discontinued. Not like, I can't have it anymore, just that they don't offer it anymore.
Normally, existing customers get the same rate as new customers. Competition for new customers, keeps interest rates low.
But if the product is discontinued, then there are no new customers to make the rates competitive.
So, it turns out that new customers are being offered better rates, which don't apply to me because I'm in a different product.
But I'm pretty sure both old and new products are exactly the same "We lend you money for a house, and offset your savings against balance to calculate the interest... and you get a credit card" but with different names. It's not like the old one has hand-carved ivory statements that you can't get anymore.
And since I went from the best available rate, to a rate that could easily be beaten, another way of looking at it would be that they jacked up the rates on me without telling me (relative to the market - actual rates fell, but that's an exogenous factor).

[updated]
So, anyway, I'm trying to leave, and I filled in the forms and stuff, and they won't release the mortgage to my new lender. I even called them up to question them about it. "So, did you get the form?" - "Yes 2 weeks ago." - "Do you need anything from me?" - "No." - "So why haven't you transferred it? " - "Well, our terms and conditions say it can take up to 21 business days" - so, they could do it now if they wanted to, but they're dragging their feet so they can get an extra month of their scummy interest rate from us. Also 21 business days is a pretty shifty way of saying "about a month". updated from 3 stars to 2.

Redcliffe

• 1 comment
Private message

Suncorp accidentally closed off my account - & claim they can't reinstate it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

If you want a completely incompetent bank, try Suncorp. Yesterday I found they accidentally closed off my sub account. This is a business account that clients pay into. The young lady who did this was cheerfully apologetic, explaining she mistook an 06 for a 60. Well, anyone can do that. But I'm angry that the bank can't just reinstate my account that they deleted in error. Suncorp just claims the system won't allow it, without elaborating. Computer says no apparently. I'm taking this to the banking ombudsman as I at least have a right to know why, exactly, my account can't be retrieved. I'll be spending a fun night advising everyone of my new banking details.

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

There systems are constantly down due to maintenance, high interest rates and dont even offer apple pay. Ive been a customer for years but moving to a more reliable bank. Good bye.

Worst bank ever encountered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Banking wise, suncorp provide average products but the service is the worst I have encountered. Both manager and staff lack knowledge and hold disgraceful attitude.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

No loyalty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Ive been a Suncorp customer my whole life but aye who cares they don't! Charges increase all the time. The worst part of all you apply for a loan and they ask you the most rediculous questions, "how much do you spend on hair cuts", "how much do you spend on food"? Of course they don't want to give you your requested amount. "Oh savings have no value on the loan application". Doesn't matter how long you have been a customer that isn't taken into account either. After 30mins on the phone loan still isn't approved. "Oh its going to have to go the creditors". Dont bother with Suncorp

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes