Sydney

• 6 answers
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Expect harassment if they have your phone number

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

The minute they have your phone number you are subject to a barrage of calls trying to sell you insurance I blocked their number after getting 3 calls a day from them even after you tell them to f**k off they still ring. I have green slip insurance with them next year ill change insurers. If I want insurance ill go online & buy it. They can ring as often as they like my number is diverted to message bank.

Worst place ever to work pure hell

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I worked for suncorp and honestly this place is the worst job I've ever had. They treat you like a slave, keep raising the bar higher and higher and pay new employees more than existing employees. Management send you 'anonymous surveys' called temperature checks to get feedback about how employees feel about the workplace etc. But when you give your honest rating they try to track it down to your team and then start passively aggressively punishing or monitoring your teams quality scores all the time to try to find faults. If they didn't like you for speaking up they would go through every single claim or call you took and call you out for even the smallest spelling error and then advise you they were seriously concerned about your performance. They enforced their pathetic left wing political views on all employees and if you didn't agree they would make life hell for you. They focused so much on diversity they would employee fat people just so they could boast they are inclusive. I'm so glad I left. I hope they burn to the ground.

Home insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

This lot used to have a reputation for being the best in the business - not any more! Been waiting for over a month for repair - still no sign! One number in Melbourne to call and they don't seem to know what is going on!! Considering the premium they charge this is completely unacceptable.

Suncorp is an Absolute Joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

This is the second time Suncorp have withheld payments going into my cheque account. The first time there was more money in the account than there should be, then when I used my card it declined. Then they debited my account with payments that came out three times so my account went into overdraft. Then they charged me a fee. Now, my payments aren’t going in. It was meant to be fixed yesterday and it’s still not fixed. I’m closing my accounts and using a different bank. I have never encountered such a disorganised joke of a bank in my life!!! It has caused the loss of a client and extra fees for payments I’m unable to make.

Refused Personal Loan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I have recently escaped a very abusive relationship. Desperate, I used lenders such as nimble and wallet wizard to secure fast money as I was desperate and short on time. Now, having relocated with my son I am safe and ready to get my finances in order. Went to suncorp backed up by a good credit rating. Explained my circumstances, explained the economic /financial /emotional and psychological abuse of my previous relationship, all agreed including the bank manager if I was approved I would be significantly better off paying off a much lower interest rate and yet still I was refused because I had been forced to take/use my funds out of my account causing the account to run into areas and in there opinion on to many occasions. Forget the fact I didn't get a choice because I lived in constant fear, forget the fact approving this loan would assist my financial situation, forget the fact I suffered 10yrs of abuse, forget all those things what disgusted me the most is when I sent an email to suncorp to provide feedback and begged that if anyone else, another parent finds themselves in the same situation I pray that more consideration and care is taken with them seeing as I was made to feel like a God Dam victim all over again by the outcome of my application. So what was the response to the email I here you ask? Nothing, not a thing, no one even bothered to take the time to respond. Shame

Canberra

Private message

Suncorp: Lethargic, bureaucratic and no sense of customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Lethargic, bureaucratic and no sense of the customer's perspective. 2/10 for customer service (the score of 2 is only because I'd feel back rating a business a 0, but that would be more accurate). Suncorp requires forms for everything. The default action is to task customers with filling out a form. The processing of unnecessary forms takes many days. Up to two weeks in my experience. Do not expect Suncorp to acknowledge receipt of your form or to advise when or if the form has been processed successfully. These things are left to the customer's imagination.

Home loan applications are cumbersome and lengthy. If you do the application over the phone, it takes up to 1 hour 30 minutes. Then radio silence while Suncorp applies its archaic lender rules. After around two weeks, once you have emailed and called several times, you'll eventually be given the thumbs up or thumbs down. The process is very much: "You vs Bank". None of that new: "You and your partner the Bank" stuff.

If you have any problems with Suncorp, and you'd like to hear someone from Suncorp dodge responsibility and blame the customer, simply call Customer Relations.

Absolutely hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I would give no stars if it was possible, just constant lies, i was told upon opening an every day account that ALL atm fees would be credited, that didn't happen, called to rectify and was told "oh that's rediculous who told you that?" also we have a loan application that should of taken 3 days to approve it is now week 3 and we are still waiting on an honest response, the first excuse was that the guy that does that left for holidays and that it would be re assigned and approved that afternoon, nooooope, the next response was just "we will get to it" and here we are 3 weeks later. Just a bunch of circus mutts.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Your money is not safe with Suncorp - BEWARE

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I had an account with Suncorp, that they decided to close because I haven't used for some time. They kept sending me statements, and I could still access the account via internet banking - everything looks like the account is active.

I had a payment going to this account and was rejected, and now I can't recover these funds. I lost them. I called Suncorp but where unhelpful and they just said there is nothing they can do.

The girl on the phone said a manager will call me to solve my issue, but of course he never did.

This is a bank of thieves. No wonder there is a royal commission investigating these criminals.

Liars - and terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

What a joke. Constant lies and rudeness, condescending staff. Told one thing and then they do another. I will never ever use these people again. What an absolute joke, rip off and waste of time.

Atrocious

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Atrocious customer service, rude employees, terrible advice, doesn't even know what they're doing, couldn't even change one simple detail on my account, so much trouble to deal with.

Worst Insurance Company in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Disgusting customer service.
Rude employees.
All care and NO RESPONSIBILITY.
Suncorp made a mistake and I PAID THE PRICE.
I will tell everyone I know about my terrible experience and advise to NOT use Suncorp.
I have been a customer for over 20 years and have been treated extremely disgustingly by these people.
SHAME ON YOU SUNCORP!!!!!!

Gold Coast

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 35 helpful votes
Private message

spend more money on the website and less on your stupid current adds

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I tried to go online to order a replacement card. There is no option to do this at all. It is the same website that has being around for 15 years. I then rang and I was put through to 2 different places just to order a replacement card. The lady I spoke to had very poor English and spoke so fast I could hardly understand her. SPEND MORE MONEY ON UPGRADING YOUR WEBSITE OR EMPLOY MORE ABLE STAFF

Brisbane

Private message

Shonky farcical home insurance through Shannon’s

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

Don’t be fooled by all the subsidiaries, the Shannon’s/Suncorp home insurance product and their self appointed investigation process is a complete sham, they simply made up rubbish to avoid a claim that was clearly described in their PDS document in a flood event that was declared by the premier of QLD, they knowingly lied about the plain English application of their product and therefore have taken my premiums for years under false pretenses, do not use this company or any of its subsidiaries... they made millions in profit last year and are most definitely not playing by any rules, I have reported them to ACCC and FOS so see if anybody can hold them to account. Shocking experience to realise I have been ripped off for years thinking I was insured!!! Avoid these corporate dogs at all costs, don’t waste your money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Agreed value on car insurance payout?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I would like to start by saying that the staff have been good when making the claim on my recent accident and also the payout was fast and efficient, but this is where the good times end.....My "agreed" value payout was well under what was first quoted. Why? After paying for excess, an entire years premiums and then loosing all my rego fees the payout was 20% less than the agreed sum. Now, as I have stated to Suncorp on various occasions, I was well aware and happy to pay excess as per terms when signing up. But mostly had to disagree with paying for a full years premiums (when I only used up approx 2-3) and then to add insult having to "give" Suncorp my registration costs.

Honestly, I don't give 2 hoots that they have this written in their PDS. What ever happened to good old fashioned service, I was the one that was in financial hardship....NOT THEM. To top it off, going to the ombudsmen about their shotty behavior did nothing. Their conclusion was the same. Wasted time!

You would be wise to choose someone else for your insurance as Suncorp will not help you in the time of crisis. Well not to what you should expect as a consumer anyway.Be wary of anyone who uses their underwriters as their front line of defense and not good old plain service. All the best!

Unauthorised transactions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

I have been dealing with an ongoing issue with unauthorised transactions on my homeloan account since October 2017 which still has not been resolved have been transferred from department to department talking to people that have absolutely no idea what’s going on there is money going out of account in ahead of the loan but no one can tell me where it’s gone. Every time I call someone says they are escalating the issue. Lodged issue with the financial ombudsman which they gave Suncorp 6 weeks to reply and they send an email to me 2 days before the cutoff to say they will not be able to meet the deadline on investigating it. So far there has been approx $5000 of unauthorised transactions from my homeloan account. Hoping to get all this sorted so I can go to a different bank with my homeloan. Have heard good thing about ING will give them a try.

Sydney

Bad Service & outdated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

To transfer large amounts from a standard account you have to BUY a token. This is supposed to arrive in 5 days. 3 weeks later and overdue on all payments... Great idea for security but not implemented well & every other bank has more advanced ways of doing this that are free. The bank encourages credit applications, denies but can't give a reason as to why applications are denied so instead encouraged me to followup application only to then notify after a month of waiting that applications can't be made for the same thing twice within 3 months?!? Time wasters.

Thier from the 90s

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Suncorp website and features looks like it was made when the internet first came out!
Can't even reverse an accidental payment even though they misleadingly say it's possible on thier FAQ.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Worst Bank in Australia.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

I dont know which worse the staff attitude or the poor and doggy management and crocked policies and tactics.
Just to withdraw your own money out u will need to apply for an external password witch will be mailed to you in 3- 5 business days the there is a limit of $5000. After you get the external password and you activate it the money will take 3-5 business days.

So to transfer $10,000 it will take you between 2-3 weeks just to transfer within Australia. This is beyond ridiculous. It's bullying tactics to deterr you from withdrawing your own money so they can keep it for longer and invest it and make money off your balances. All in the name of keeping you safe.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 comments
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Worst customer service ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

I was at suncorp branch on Collins st x Elizabeth st in Melbourne today to try to get a simple counter cheque for an auction, which is a simple things with other banks.

The bank teller said suncorp don't offer this. When i said i did this with ANZ before without issue, they told me go to ANZ to get better service then.

I've been with suncorp for over 3 years. Current rate is over 4% for mortgage as well. Its time to leave then.

Suncorp needs better customer service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Batemans Bay

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

If you could fit the most inept sluggish people into one bank Suncorp has managed to do it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Sorry to the employees for the headline I guess that is just how Suncorp train you.
After being with Suncorp for over 15 years i decided to move to a bank that offered better interest rates etc.
It took 85 days for Suncorp to release mortgage title on one property to be able to switch to the other bank and i am still waiting for the second Title after a Suncorp Employee apparently thought there was only one property involved. Just a minor mistake?
You would think this a most important aspect in the world of borrowing money, getting your property deeds back after you have paid back their money. With Suncorp it seems they really could not care at all about a customer that has paid there wages for over 15 years.
The thought that I stayed with a bank that hold absolutely no loyalty to its customers and actually offers new customers a better deal than one that has been with them for nearly 20 years turns my stomach.
It should be the exact opposite your there 15 - 20 years YOU get the better deal.
Mr Malcolm Turdball oh Mr EX Merchant Banker / Venture Capitalist the one who doesn't want the
Banking Royal Commission well its about time something was done I mean should these banking Ceo's get paid that much money when there running a show like this. I think Mr Whippy is worth more.
And lets hope [name removed] reads this who sits there the biggest Slug of them all.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 10 pages

Oh gosh. So many terrible reviews as a home loaner . Actually not one good review. Ouch.. Can anyone tell me if they are any better as banks. Me and my partner are struggling to set up a joint account because he hasn't got time to pop into a bank during the week. Most banks are closed on Saturdays except suncorp which is the only day we can both go in together. Setting up an online joint account with other banks hasn't been straight forward either because only part is online and then we need to still go into a bank.. If he wasnt such a work-a-holic it would be doable but he won't take time off work just to go to a bank so suncorp seems our only option. Any feedback as a bank? Do they charge high fees for transactions / money withdrawals or just simple pay wave. We only want it for paying rent and doing grocery shopping. Thanks

Nkjb asked on May 25, 2018

Has anyone any experience of Suncorp Travel Insurance because it is a third of the price of five other travel insurance providers? I have got a quote from and they have just as good, and in some cases better financial benefit cover than their competitors. Where is the catch? Too good to be true? Cheers David Jones

Locker asked on Jan 15, 2016

Answer this

Hi Locker.... I have used Suncorp Travel Insurance and they do it via VERO Insurance.... check Vero online and see if the rate is as good or same as Suncorp. Last July (2015) I went to Hawaii and used Southern Cross Travel Insurance and they were cheaper than Vero but had a good level of cover,
Good Luck
Mike B

Do not buy anything off suncorp

Please Stay away from suncorp they are thieves, I have closed all accounts and moved my home loan because suncorp DO NOT pass on the full rate cut .