Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Had pre approval one week prior to putting offer in. Offer accepted lodged documents the following day. Took 4 weeks with two extensions on finance clause kept ringing daily during this tim and was assured wouldn’t be a problem and would give an answer tomorrow. on the last day of second extension loan denied. Both have excellent credit rating and full time income had more than 20% deposit

Internet Banking Not Working Correctly for 24 hours now

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

You can't set up transfers and the system kicks you off when trying to access certain functions. No public notice. Do not appear in a hurry to resolve. Should b providing updates to consumers. Very frustrated.

Private message

AVOID SUNCORP AND ALL COMPANIES THAT ARE UNDER THEIR COVER LIKE AAMI, GIO...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

We have a GIO home insurance and a GIO car insurance. We just had a small claim, a broken fridge and an inverter. It did go through a long "investigation". A real painful thing, and although they had all reports they asked for as they could not find the reason of the breakage, they decided that they cannot support the claim.
We do not have many claims but I know from other insurance companies that they are more willing to cooperate and help you out.
THIS COMPANY IS ABSOLUT A NO! THEY WILL FIND ALL EXCUSES THEY CAN FIND NOT TO PAY YOU. KEEP OUT OF THEM!

brisbane

ETP Fail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I can't understand why you need an ETP to simply transfer funds from your own account to another person. It's absolutely ridiculous. So we ring Suncorp request an ETP, I'm advised it's been done, wait 2 weeks, nothing arrives. Of course it has to come by mail. Ring up again, order it again, yep, in the mail. 2 weeks later still waiting. No other bank that I know of has this ridiculous system. Wake up to yourself Suncorp - Poor customer service and tired of ringing and waiting for a reply that ends with - Why not use our APP. Because APP banking isn't safe - havent you heard.

Insurance Claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Excellent service from Suncorp Insurance & quick payout of our stolen motorbike from our locked shed. Thank you Suncorp & I now bank with Suncorp.

Private message

Bank with the worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Suncorp holds the title as the worst bank for service, they post cheap home loan rates, service levels blow out, this happens 2 -3 times a year...if you cannot back up your service offering don't do it- Banks are not being held accountable and treat the general population like crap.

Don’t go there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

I have been a Suncorp customer since it was SGIO/Metway, and have (make that had) insurance for two properties since 1991. I had a landlord claim against a tenant who wrecked the house then skipped with our paying rent for a few months. Despite the Real Estate argent being sure everything would be ok, Suncorp refused to pay me anything. Do not go to SUNCORP!!!! I now have another insurer.

Very Slow to Respond and no Communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I applied for a Suncorp bank loan, the assessment process is supposed to take 2-3 working days. I received no communication for a week after submitting my request so I asked for an update but received no response, 2 days later I found out by calling through the helpdesk that the Lender had gone on leave without actioning my request, the next week (2 weeks after submission) I ask for another update as I had still not heard from the bank lender regarding my application for the loan, but once again the lender had gone away on leave without processing my request or arranging someone else to process my request. On the third week I still had not received any communication from the bank, and I have now decided to take my transaction account, credit card and mortgage elsewhere!

Private message

Suncorp cares not for customer nor its reputation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Suncorp refused to return term deposit taken out in error. When attending a branch none of staff would give name or advise position. The untrained front staff told to tell customers branch manager not in when he was. He had with him a "bouncer" rather than provide staff able to assist. Not willing to assist and would rather stuff around customer than provide assistance. Disgusting performance. People should avoid this financial institute.

• 1 question
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Hooked you for 2 weeks, gave false promise and hysterical background laughters can be heard.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Suncorp bank hooked you for 2 weeks, gave false promise and hysterical background laughters can be heard when an internal investigator was dealing with complaint.

Initially, I was going to apply for $19700. Then the staff suggested that based on my current situation I was not legible, she also suggested me to pay my previously my current car loan bank, Macquarie, $2121,so I can apply for $18000 because the payout was $20121. The female staff said I was ready to go after paying the $2121. This is already 2 weeks from the first the initial assessment stage, moving to validation. I have no bad credit history or so forth.

So I paid extra money to lower my initial payout to $18000. Then she told me I can’t be served. Why I have to wait for 2 weeks by hooking me up and giving my false hopes. When I asked why the lady said she can’t forward the “secretly” calculation.

An internal investigator called after I complained, I barely I can hear her justification because her background hysterical laughter was so disturbing. Not sure they care or take things seriously.

Got called again, the woman was super rude, condescending, talked over me on the phone.

• 8 helpful votes

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Put loan app in Monday. Meant to take 2-3 days. I call Thursday to follow up and they couldn’t even find it at first and then once they did, nothing had been actioned.
Then tell me it will be about 5 days. Sorry no. I will go elsewhere. What a joke.

Kewarra Beach

SUNCORP INSURANCE CLAIMS BEWARE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

SUNCORP INSURANCE
As the no fault party in a motor vehicle accident, my claim against the other driver was handled by Suncorp relying on the third party insurance component [Unlimited Liability] of the other drivers Comprehensive Insurance policy.
As an Accountant, Justice of peace, and Taxation Agent, I have a reasonable grasp of the law, especially law of contract.
I found the Actions of Suncorp to be underhanded and deceatful, designed to bluff me out of a reasonable settlement.
The things that any one in this position needs to be aware of are:
[1] Your claim is a Civil action against the person causing the Damage, who is required to return you the injured party to the position that you were in prior to the accident. - Suncorp represents this person.
[2] You are a third party to the Contract that Suncorp has with their Customer. Yo cannot be bound by this contract and you cannot enforce it.
[3] Suncorp will tell you that their obligation is to settle for the FAIR MARKET VALUE which is not negotiable.
The fair market value is the Red Book Value and has nothing to do with you as a third party. It is the amount a Used Car Dealer would offer you for the vehicle - So what!
[4] Suncorp will try to get you to send them the vehicle registration papers and your bank details.
This is so that they can transfer ownership of the vehicle to themselves and prevent you taking this matter to a Civil Court.
They will tell you that you still have the right to dispute the matter with their internal complaints department.
However that will go no-ware because they are now the owners, and you are no longer able to claim through your own Comprehensive policy which will be a higher value.
[5] When I stated that I would seek independent legal advice. I was told that this would be a waste of money and nothing would change.
[6] Be aware that Suncorp is part of a network of insurance agencies [includes Shannons] which operate out of the same office and nothing is confidential. So they will acces your Comprehensive Insurance details.

Ingleburn, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Uncaring

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

Opened accounts about a month ago. Took forever to get cards and PIN numbers. Went to transfer money to another bank today, oh you need another password to do this. It will take up to 7 business days to process you application and then it will need to be posted tomyiu. In the meantime as you are disabled and need a carer to leave the home, go into a branch. Said I would get a phone call back today. Still waiting. Sent a complaint via email. No reply. Now taking the matter to someone who will assist. Steer clear of Suncorp Bank and make complaints to the Banking Ombudsman who do care.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Poor service, processing is slow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Lure you in with products which are decent like no account fees, decent variable rate for first home. However, lose paper work all the time, slow to process paper work, grants even when given ample time. Barley made settlement. Don't recommend, they want your business but see you only as a Number

Yanderra NSW

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Complete liars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

This lot is as bad as GIO ( same company ) There insurance assessors ( peter Miller ) will lie about your statement. This is why recording your own conversation is so important. They refuse a legitimate claim of warranty of workmanship will ignore you for months. i would leave a minus rating if possible.

Perth

• 3 answers

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Trying to close suncorp account no branches local to close as they were closed down .
When calling put on hold for approx 8min which is fine when you actually get through to someone they ask your name you tell them then when you tell them why your calling they cut you off . Thanks mitch NOT.
Meanwhile they continue to charge monthly fees for account that hasnt been used in months.
So you cant easily talk to anyone to close account . Worst bank for customers who want to talk to real live person . Bank elsewhere if this is what your looking for.

Sydney

• 1 comment
Private message

Rate increase without warning by 100! Absolute rip-off!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

We had been with Suncorp for almost 4 years using their EFTPOS terminal in our business. Without any notification our rate suddenly has increased from 0.63% to 1.24% for credit cards and from $0.09 to $0.15 for EFTPOS. Still in June I have been advised by their telephone support that our rates would not be affected by the new laws.
After complaining to their customer support, we have never heard back from them even though we have been rest assured someone will be in touch with us.
Don't get tricked by signing up with Suncorp!

Private message

Avoid at all costs, Horrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

My partner and i are buying an investment property and we were recommended Suncorp by our broker. From the very beginning of the process they have been nothing but difficult to deal with. They verbally approved an interest only loan, but when that particular employee was away another lady took over dealing with us and denied us for no reason what so ever for an interest only loan. We were perfectly qualified for that loan with no debt, strong savings etc. This particular woman decided her personal opinion out weighed what the bank actually offered. While we were fighting for this loan, settlement was now overdue and we were pressured into a P/I loan.To top it off they misspelt our names/ details multiple times on contracts, wasting our time and money as were were incurring late fees from the developer.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Suncorp are bullies, they lie and cannot Ben trusted.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

I have building insurance through Suncorp. Had a claim accepted for damage to my home. 5 1/2 yrs later still waiting for my home to be repaired.
Client manager has lied to contractors to make a report go in their favour. A client manager refused to answer email informing them of further damage to building by their contractors. Suncorp lies to engineer to have another report go in their favour. Suncorp state they can’t get a builder to fix the building and I am to find a builder.i find builder Suncorp won’t accept quote but will only go by quote their builder gave them that won’t do the work. Suncorp are trying to force us to take lesser quote for repairs and be out of pocket $30,000.Suncorp set up meeting at property with builder, owners, manager and engineer to go through scope of works. Suncorp tells property owners builder to submit quote. Quote submitted and refused due to the owners builder quote being higher. Suncorp then inform owners they were never going to go with their builders quote if it was higher. They had planned all along to go with their builder. Engineer who was contracted by Suncorp to do a building report states part of the building has undersize beams and building has been levelled 4 times due to ground movement. Once again. more lies from Suncorp. So it’s looks like we will be taking Suncorp to court. It also looks like we will have to take our council building department to court for fraudulently passing a building that Suncorps engineer states is defective.
DO NOT BUY ANY INSURANCE THROUGH SUNCORP. THEY ARE BULLIES. THEY LIE AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Toowoomba

• 7 helpful votes

Ridiculous, complicated and rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

We have recently moved to Suncorp after financing a new home. Accessing my bank accounts for ordinary day to day tasks is ridiculously complicated. I had to apply for a security token ($20) to increase the daily limit and now, because I have a token I can’t log in without it. Apparently I should also have ordered another one for husband because tokens are specific to a person not an account. So now while I’m on holidays with the kids and my husband is at work only one of us can login. This is just this week’s irritating experience. The staff are rude and unhelpful and the customer is always wrong. Even when the bank has setup a direct debt on a home loan incorrectly and you are stuck with an overdrawn fee and you have a loan in arrears for the first time in 20years. Thanks Suncorp.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 11 pages

Oh gosh. So many terrible reviews as a home loaner . Actually not one good review. Ouch.. Can anyone tell me if they are any better as banks. Me and my partner are struggling to set up a joint account because he hasn't got time to pop into a bank during the week. Most banks are closed on Saturdays except suncorp which is the only day we can both go in together. Setting up an online joint account with other banks hasn't been straight forward either because only part is online and then we need to still go into a bank.. If he wasnt such a work-a-holic it would be doable but he won't take time off work just to go to a bank so suncorp seems our only option. Any feedback as a bank? Do they charge high fees for transactions / money withdrawals or just simple pay wave. We only want it for paying rent and doing grocery shopping. Thanks

Nkjb asked on May 25, 2018

Answer this

ING Direct are fair.

Has anyone any experience of Suncorp Travel Insurance because it is a third of the price of five other travel insurance providers? I have got a quote from and they have just as good, and in some cases better financial benefit cover than their competitors. Where is the catch? Too good to be true? Cheers David Jones

Locker asked on Jan 15, 2016

Answer this

Hi Locker.... I have used Suncorp Travel Insurance and they do it via VERO Insurance.... check Vero online and see if the rate is as good or same as Suncorp. Last July (2015) I went to Hawaii and used Southern Cross Travel Insurance and they were cheaper than Vero but had a good level of cover,
Good Luck
Mike B

Do not buy anything off suncorp

Please Stay away from suncorp they are thieves, I have closed all accounts and moved my home loan because suncorp DO NOT pass on the full rate cut .