• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 18 helpful votes
Private message

Useless liars and theives.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

These guys took money out of my 1 year old sons account every month to pay the tax office without anyone's approval or for any tax office requirement. No one seems to know what is going on. Talked to many different people and I had to quote the ATO rules to them. They admit that they made a mistake and would refund the money.
1 month later no money and no record of last calls. Now they refuse to refund the money and told us to deal with the ATO because the financial year had ended. How do you claim your 1 year old's money back when he doesn't have a tax file number.
Will be closing our account with them as they can't be trusted.
INCOMPETENT!!! Deal with these fool at your own risk.

Suncorp settlements and customer service - very poor after 20 years.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Very poor customer service for existing customers.

I have been with the bank for nearly 20 years with multiple home and investment loans. After this debacle I'll be re-financing elsewhere.

I had settlement on a property - very difficult to contact the bank. Only access to a single operator with no name, Unknown phone number who then refers to the appropriate areas and comes back to you.

No ownership or care factor.

Michael Cameron is the CEO, I'll send him a letter to voice my opinion.

Worst bank out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

There is no communication between different departments within this company! I took out a home loan with them, a part of the process was paying out my personal loan. I received a confirmation letter from them saying my personal loan had been paid out, then received a letter a couple months later from the debt collectors because the account was still open and hadn't made any payments for months! I’ve now refinanced with a new bank several years later and the loans been paid out but still after 8weeks the surplus money paid to clear the loan still hasn’t been returned and to top it off the surplus money has now disappeared from internet banking! All they need to do is transfer it into my old Suncorp everyday account but this is just too hard! There’s so much more just don’t have the time to rant any longer!

Sydney

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I needed to do a large transfer urgently and Shanel at the Parramatta concept store went over and beyond to help me. She called multiple Suncorp departments to make sure it was done correctly and gave me her staff number and direct phone as well so I could follow up. It went through as promised and I was able to do the important thing that I needed done. Thank you!

Give me my money!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

20 + years a Bank & Superannuation customer. Nice as you like on the phone - but don't actually action anything! Recently I made 18 Phone calls and 9 emails to them during the sale of my property to arrange for Sect 27 deposit funds and pay out figures - frustrating in the extreme with no one able to help or take any responsibility for anything. Hold, transfer, hold, transfer, hold, transfer... Even a supervisor who vowed to help never followed up or actioned a thing. Never received the Sect 27 funds and at settlement they "forgot" to bring the Land Title - as such it fell over and I am $5k worse off for their error, plus they keep charging me related fees which are not my responsibility. They admitted liability but offered no apology, no reimbursement, no response to subsequent emails or phone calls. On more than one occassion when asking for a Manager I was told, "someome might call you back in 24-48 hrs but they don't usually talk to the public". You guessed it, they never called. Ridiculous way to run a business. Next step, the Banking Ombudsman, Legal avenues and Media.

Untrustworthy! Customers are not protected properly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

My car was damaged by another driver. He was totally faulty. Suncorp just offered the option that brings them benefits, not the customers. I was disadvantageous and suffering from what they consulted. I am wrong when I trust them. I paid insurance to be protected but then I realised that I was made use of what I don’t know. Nothing disappointing than that.

Apple Tree Creek

• 3 helpful votes

No Loyalty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We have held Suncorp accounts for well over a decade, these accounts include savings, subsavings superannuation and business accounts.
Recently noted fees being charged which were not notified or charged before-when i questioned this they took weeks to respond and didnt answer me just suggested a different account which would have drawn higher fees. Our superannuation accounts were frozen for weeks without notice while they'improved' their system-came back on line identical. On line banking in down at least once a week, the staff in sub branches are hopeless and basically there to send you home to internet bank-no idea why they are even there!!
Well this customer has finally had a gut full and is moving on...just have to find a bank that isnt as dodgy as suncorp.....surely there is one out there

Gold Coast, QLD

• 37 comments
  • 13 questions
  • 22 answers
  • 17 helpful votes
Private message

Another bank not taking responsibility

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I ordered a meal from Eatnow and as my meal was cancelled by the restaurant with no explanation.

So when I rang Eatnow contact centre, I was told there would be a refund within 24-48 hours, 1-3 days and 7-10 days.

And when I rang Suncorp contact centre to confirm if they can see pending transaction of a refund, I was told they couldn't see any pending they didn't call it Transactions, even those I saw on the app it being called transaction and call it how I see it on the official Suncorp Android app, "Pending Transactions".

I was told after 15 minutes of not believing me, contact centre found the pending transaction but they claim because it was a holding money put aside, there was no refund and both money being taken out and put back cancel each other out and I won't see this on my statement as it wasn't a transaction.

So I ask Suncorp contact centre to contact Eatnow staff to tell them what you told me, it was a holding no refund.

But they refused to do this.

So who is right?

Eatnow claiming it is a refund?

Or

Suncorp claiming it is a holding, no money was actually sent?

As customers are not responsible as they don't have control over the system controlling transactions.

PS In 2018, a new system through Reserve Bank transactions should take only 30 minutes, but Banks and Companies blaming each other for delays in Transactions like refund well be the same blame game.

Sydney

• 1 comment
Private message

Pretty good service... but I'm leaving

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

They had a really the best home loan rate when I joined and their customer service has always been pretty good. It's good to be able to talk to real people, and not just in business hours.

They have just enough branches, and the tellers will fill out deposit slips for you if you're too lazy to do it yourself.

Why I'm leaving:
My home loan product got discontinued. Not like, I can't have it anymore, just that they don't offer it anymore.
Normally, existing customers get the same rate as new customers. Competition for new customers, keeps interest rates low.
But if the product is discontinued, then there are no new customers to make the rates competitive.
So, it turns out that new customers are being offered better rates, which don't apply to me because I'm in a different product.
But I'm pretty sure both old and new products are exactly the same "We lend you money for a house, and offset your savings against balance to calculate the interest... and you get a credit card" but with different names. It's not like the old one has hand-carved ivory statements that you can't get anymore.
And since I went from the best available rate, to a rate that could easily be beaten, another way of looking at it would be that they jacked up the rates on me without telling me (relative to the market - actual rates fell, but that's an exogenous factor).

[updated]
So, anyway, I'm trying to leave, and I filled in the forms and stuff, and they won't release the mortgage to my new lender. I even called them up to question them about it. "So, did you get the form?" - "Yes 2 weeks ago." - "Do you need anything from me?" - "No." - "So why haven't you transferred it? " - "Well, our terms and conditions say it can take up to 21 business days" - so, they could do it now if they wanted to, but they're dragging their feet so they can get an extra month of their scummy interest rate from us. Also 21 business days is a pretty shifty way of saying "about a month". updated from 3 stars to 2.

Redcliffe

• 1 comment
Private message

Suncorp accidentally closed off my account - & claim they can't reinstate it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

If you want a completely incompetent bank, try Suncorp. Yesterday I found they accidentally closed off my sub account. This is a business account that clients pay into. The young lady who did this was cheerfully apologetic, explaining she mistook an 06 for a 60. Well, anyone can do that. But I'm angry that the bank can't just reinstate my account that they deleted in error. Suncorp just claims the system won't allow it, without elaborating. Computer says no apparently. I'm taking this to the banking ombudsman as I at least have a right to know why, exactly, my account can't be retrieved. I'll be spending a fun night advising everyone of my new banking details.

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

There systems are constantly down due to maintenance, high interest rates and dont even offer apple pay. Ive been a customer for years but moving to a more reliable bank. Good bye.

Worst bank ever encountered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Banking wise, suncorp provide average products but the service is the worst I have encountered. Both manager and staff lack knowledge and hold disgraceful attitude.

No loyalty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Ive been a Suncorp customer my whole life but aye who cares they don't! Charges increase all the time. The worst part of all you apply for a loan and they ask you the most rediculous questions, "how much do you spend on hair cuts", "how much do you spend on food"? Of course they don't want to give you your requested amount. "Oh savings have no value on the loan application". Doesn't matter how long you have been a customer that isn't taken into account either. After 30mins on the phone loan still isn't approved. "Oh its going to have to go the creditors". Dont bother with Suncorp

Private message

Bank guarantee service is appalling.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I lodged a bank guarantee variation request on 9 August. I called Suncorp 9 times between 18 August and today (15 Sep) to see what the status was, and with 1 exception, no one followed me up to advise what was happening. I eventually found out today that the branch manager is on leave until 28 Sep and no one can access the documents until he returns. I called to lodge a formal complaint and they could not resolve it without further investigations on Monday. I've spent about 3 hours in total on the phone with followup calls without any resolution.

Do not do any business banking with Suncorp.

Private message

Worst customer service - mortgage applications

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Suncorp has the worst customer service when it comes to mortgage application. It took approx 22 days to get my mortgage approved. I had to pay $130 penalty rates per day for 2 weeks because they were giving me fault promises since they were busy. The assessor and the BDM didnt have time to answer customer calls. According to the staff they have number of mortgage applications that cannot corp.

Even thought I explained to them that I am paying penalty rates they were promising " your application will be approved soon". It was frustrating and I was under huge stress. Because of their inefficient customer service I had to pay approx $2300 penalty in total.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Suncorp not the same now.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I am really disgusted, frustrated and disappointed at the manner in which Suncorp is managing a "transition" from a bank as we used to know it to a teller less, electronic transaction institution. There has been no announcement or advice that this is so, however, from their actions and lack of explanations, one can only conclude that this is so. In doing so, they have discriminated against people with disabilities. Suncorp was a supporter in this area and had a written disability policy and statement of obligations to people with disabilities, which was easily available on the web site. That is no longer. It simply does not exist. We have been treated shabbily, unfairly, and very rudely. We are still no wiser regarding what will replace the passbook when that is taken away entirely. The cart has been put before the horse and now they are in damage control. One of my brothers had his passbook account cancelled in the most rude and hurtful manner without advice or discussion. That has taken away the little amount of independence that he had to conduct his own banking to a level that he understood and could manage. It is now placed on his already burdened and time poor family to assist him. The one star I am giving is for the one remaining staff member that has been with us for over ten years, and is a lovely, trustworthy, respectful, caring person, who puts the person first. Of course, Suncorp is only concerned about the money. Will be looking into alternatives now. And Suncorp may think that it is only a couple of people with disabilities that will be no loss, but think again, it is their families and friends and insurances and other investments that will also go. Multiply that a few times, and yes, I believe it will have the desired impact.

If I could put 0 stars I would

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Terrible customer service. New loan lodged, it took the bank nearly 2 weeks to respond to this lodgement. A further 2.5 weeks of extensions and the bank still did not have a response regarding loan approval despite approval given conditional to a bank valuation that passed. They do not respond to customers in any sort of timely matter. I would not recommend this bank to anyone.

Private message

Sheer incompetence! Far less then one star.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

URGENTLY lodged my mothers EPA to assist her with medical bills etc as she is bed ridden in hospital with dementia and has lost all capability etc. Suncorp Carindale advised it would be a matter of days, checked 3 days later, nothing. Checked 4 days after that at Southport - no record of any such lodgement. Lodge again as CRITICALLY URGENT. It is now 23 days after original lodgement and my sister is told by Carindale Branch staff that nothing has been lodged correctly, the wrong cards have been cancelled, no new cards have been processed for EPA to access mums account and our family will have to continue to wait. Absolute joke! No service, incompetent, unprofessional, devoid of empathy and useless! We are then told it will be lodged with the "exceptional circumstances team" but it's really up to them if they process it quickly or not! As if this was our fault! Meanwhile I am financially strapped and may not make my next mortgage payment due to covering my mother's bills.

VERY BAD SERVICE-- HIGH INTEREST RATE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Hi to All,
I have two investment houses with SUCORP and both paying 4.47% interest rate.. All other banks offered cheaper than that interest rate, so this morning(24/08/2017) i called to the bank and talked about the offers from the other bank and they told me that that is the best they can do. So i would like to let every one knows that better keep away from this bank and they are taking very high interest rate from us.
Current offer i got it from 'Reduce Home Loans' and they offered 3.74% only.

Worst bank i ever had

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I have been with suncorp bank for 6 years and when someone withdrawn money from my card suncorp bank did nothing and my money was gone. I lost $5,000 and suncorp bank did nothing. Very disappointing. Even rating 1 is too high.

1 of 9 pages