Filter By:

Shop Location: VIC, Nunawading

False Advertising Bunch of Liars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Purchased furniture during the Father's Day promotion & because I spent over $999 - well over, I was supposed to be entitled to a $200 store gift voucher as advertised in their Father's Day catalogue. I was told it would be emailed to me in 2 to 3 weeks. After 4 weeks I still hadn't received the email so contacted them only to be told it would be emailed the next week, again nothing. Then last week I contacted them again & was told that it was being posted by the end of the week. Another 2 weeks have now passed - 8 weeks in total now & still no voucher. Just a bunch of con artists with no intention of ever sending a voucher. Will not be shopping there ever again & nor will I ever recommend them to any one. False advertising!!! Their loss not mine as I still have several rooms of furniture to purchase. Lucky for me there are plenty of other furniture stores to choose from.

Shop Location: VIC, Frankston

Bad service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Just not sure if i would buy something again, the after service wasnt good. In store we had no problem was helped by a lovey lady.

• 1 review

Shop Location: VIC, Braybrook

Quality of product zero ! Customer service awful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

I just bought couch from them , after 1 week one the couch’s legs broke . They came to fix it up and they damaged the wall . I call them and I explain that their worker damaged my property, it wasn’t big damage, it could fix by 50$ but the sales man said we are sorry for what happened , its not our problem in a rude way !
Seriously! That's crap!

• 1 question

Warranty protection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Bought sleep maker mattress in a month one spring come out feels like someone knocking from back when laying down, complain them they forward to sleep maker still in process been year already

Brisbane

Verified Customer Shop Location: QLD, MacGregor

The service lets them down everytime

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Having purchased a lounge from these guys which had to be repaired due to a design flaw I was made to feel like I'm a pain in their ___. The sales staff have no idea about after sales service, no one at Super Amart appears to understand consumer law, and the repairs which were organised were substandard. In fact, three repairs in two years and I have pretty much given up. It's unfortunate because the lounge looked perfect, but I guess the lesson is to but quality once, rather than cheap imports again and again.

Preston

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Buyer beware.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Brought a king sized Nimbus mattress and base 03/08/2016 from Super Amart Preston. I brought it online so I read all the instructions carefully, still have the care brochure they send with the mattress. It is my largest purchase today. The base they sent was not the product advertised online instead it has two king single bases. As I am so particular. We turn the mattress EVERY Thursday for almost a year now. Turning the mattress is a feat in itself as it is extremely heavy even with two people. After swapping sides with my husband ONCE a week for a year. Yes a year!! This $2000 mattress has caused me nothing but NERVE damage to my upper spine in the T1 area. I have numbness in my right arm, pins and needles in my left, a twitching right eye and excruciating pain in my upper spine. Am currently being seeing a neurologist and rheumatologist. Whom attributed my nerve damage to an unsupported mattress. I can not WORK due to my pain. Please DON'T purchase this product not only will you lose sleep, your physical health but you ability to work. I am now on centrelink. I'm a registered nurse who can no longer work. I am in the process of legal consultation and have referred a complaint to Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). Buyer beware!!!

Shop Location: QLD, Bundaburg

False advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Went into the bundaberg store re the sales promotion of buy 1 item get the second 1 at half price. Wanted to buy 8 dining chairs which are sold individually , but manager refused to honour promotion stating only 1 in 4 chairs would be half price when it should be 4 chairs full price 4 chairs half price. Will never enter an amart store again.

Perth

• 1 comment

Shop Location: WA, Cockburn

Always check them out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

I have used Super Amart for my own purchases as well as two sons. I can't vouch for any stores other than Cockburn in WA BUT they are very competitive, with good quality and friendly staff. I couldn't fault them. I would always go to them to choose furniture bedding or outdoor gear. They are great.

Verified Customer Shop Location: WA, Cannington

Amart Furniture

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

We have recently built a new house and although we had most of the furniture, we went to look at Amart for a dining table. WOW, we were in our element with what they had in store. We not only bought a table but we managed to buy amazing white bar stools for our kitchen bench top as well. Fantastic prices and hard to beat!

Perth

Shop Location: WA, Cannington

Super AMART

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Purchased 3pce electric lounge told won't be in till end Sept. Received text eight days into Sept stating lounge available. Go to finalize payment and delivery they the store Cannington don't know why we got text ... but they can supply in three days 2 single seats but the 2 seater won't be in till END SEPT. So accept 2 singles...
1week later get text to advise lounge is available. So again go back to finalize payment and delivery.
3days later receive 2 seater....after driver drops on it side couple of times.
Unpack and set up find one side of lounge making clunk out and in...
Called store told will send out someone will call you back.....
Phoned back and told have to ring warehouse as they delivered. You go to store pay the store warranty states contact store...
After demanding action... finally they go to deliver another 3 days later...
What happens when new one comes....
Idiots unpack on lawn (last one came straight in to sliding door and driver told that ) ...they then leave rubbish on lawn... (note bins full from last box unpacked) driver say not allowed to take
Do not bother wasting your time and money on this company as stores and warehouse do not communicate and you have to do everything and still end up with second hand service.
The only light at the end of this saga was a very helpful lady who is a dept manageress at cannington store but for the other person the male well i have never talked to a more ruder person than him he needs lessons in customer service the female did her utmost and super amart she is a credit to your store.

Shop Location: VIC, Campbellfield

The shop is literally sinking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Purchased a couch online from this store as it was the only store with it in stock. There were apparently 3 in stock, but when I went to pick it up, I was told that they couldn’t give me any and I’d have to wait a month and a bit for it - the reason? The store is literally sinking. The campbellfield store is built on the site of an old tip, so the floor is uneven and the building is cracking. Due to this, forklifts cannot access the shelves to get the furniture as the surface is uneven and unsafe.

No discredit to the staff, but to whoever owns this building, I’d be suing the builder/surveyor. Why put stock up on high shelves if the ground is unlevel and unsafe?

Melbourne

• 1 question

Shop Location: VIC, Braybrook

Comfortable but doesn't last long!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

I find our lounge from SuperAmart very comfy and it was perfect at first but after only 3 months of use you can see it's not the best quality. In our case the armrests are really bad and if you lean on them a bit harder you'll hear crackling sound. This was $800 so I wouldn't say it was very cheap, honeslty expected better quality.

Ballarat, VIC

Shop Location: VIC, Ballarat

Good for what you pay

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

We ordered 2 set of couches for our new home. One leather and one fabric along with a rug. The whole process was smooth at super a mart Wendouree. They helped us with interest free payment options very quickly. The delivery of product was exactly on the advised date and time. Good quality products and very easy to install as well.

Shop Location: VIC, Campbellfield

I can give you another star

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

We have been to the campbell field store many times and generally only buy small items, however recently we bought a new couch. The service at the store has always been excellent with multiple people asking us if we needed help. The gentleman that helped with our couch purchase was amazing he measured multiple couches, offered options and solutions over the course of an hour.

The couch was delivered very promptly, however it was missing a screw in the legs, so we called the store that day and had an appointment within 2 days for someone to attend.

My only issue now - and will get you that last star is if someone can tell me how to get the chaise connected to the lounge with the little clips and be flush to the floor. It is irritating and annoying and the only reason I haven't given you a 5 star rating; we were advised the couch would be set up upon delivery and this was not the case, we had to dispose of layers of plastic, attach legs and (still) attempt to connect the couches together.

Shop Location: NSW, Bankstown

Manager said don't come and buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I bought the Naomi sofa not even a month ago and now the price is dropped significantly, I had huge trust on Amart furniture but now as I can see product is not even a month old but price is already dropped which makes me feel ripped off. Amart sold something to me not worth of the money I paid. How come someone can trust on this brand when I see product value doesn't sustain.

I had a chat with manager [name removed] and he was not that cooperative. I said how come you expect us to come back and buy product from Amart again when we see price drops so quick and he replied then don't come and don't buy.
He was ignoring us and didn't want to understand our situation on the loss. I thought Amart is so keen to the customer satisfaction and they value their customer.
But [name removed] he was not cooperative at all. When I said I'll take it further to upper management with complaint, he replied ok we can come to the middle, I can give you $100 store credit. I didn't want to argue with him because he was not nice in chatting. And he said wherever you complaint my reply will same. I'll take the decision.
My question is how would you feel if price drops so much after buying something.
Moreover I found that there is clause that I can get refund by returning product just because of change of mind within 30 days.
I am being honest I don't wanna return it but I want my difference back, it makes me feel upset, I went to Amart today to buy something for my new home but the situation didn't let me buy.

I hope Amart values their customer and will make me happy to come and shop again. And I believe for this $200 I don't have to go to fair trading or Ombudsman and Amart doesn't want to lose customers. Looking forward to Amart's reply.

On the other hand I'll post my experience in facebooks group of different nationalities and definitely Amart will lose customers.

After sales service is very important. Business is not for a day or a month or only for a year. It's for long time if customer satisfaction matters.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from Amart management.

Shop Location: QLD, Virginia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I dont usually write reviews but felt compelled to do so after a really hassle free buying experience from virgina amart. I have purchased from there on several occasions and the salespeople were friendly,informative and not pushy like some places i had shopped. Also the guys that loaded my stuff into the car in the pick up place were really helpful and careful loading it in my car assisting me to drop the back seats when i didnt know how.

Verified Customer Shop Location: QLD, Springwood

There is nothing fair about this company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Don't deal with them. They told me to come in and pick up the product and when i got there, they said they did not have it in stock, when i asked them to deliver they said that they will not drive all that way just to deliver a clock. 2 weeks later and still waiting for them to sort it out. Really bad, really incompetent and not organised in the least.

Maroohcydore

Shop Location: QLD, Warana

Sailor Outdoor Furniture...Rusty Rust Rust

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Purchased outdoor setting for our unit. Undercover with little or no rain in the last year and it has started rusting out.

Was told no cover for rust damage....don't waste your money. Pay a little bit more and get chairs that last much longer from Bunnings.

Nice job Super Amart another lost customer.

• 1 review

Shop Location: NSW, Caringbah

Very disappointed, don't waist your time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Purchased a Queen bedroom suite to find most of it was damaged . After spending a few thousand dollars I was told I would have to wait. The night before replacement was to be delivered they left a message to say it was also damaged..... what a joke! I then asked for all the items to be checked before leaving store. The next delivery had arrived, yes it had been checked ,green stickers all over the box even with a signature on every one. Opened box to find it was damaged. The item had not been pulled out of the box at all for checking . So it went straight back on that truck . A few more heated phone calls even to head office , QLD, where they said I would receive a call from the supervisor. Still waiting. They have no respect for customers once they take your money that's it , see you later. If next delivery is damaged a full CASH REFUND will be given as agreed . Let's see if they stick to the policies.
Don't waist your money or time

Sydney, NSW

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Prospect

Very Extensive Good Variety Large Store Display And Friendly Customer Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

My first experience with Amart Furniture at Prospect, NSW has been quite pleasant and I have no complaints at all about the Customer Service which I have rated as excellent, I purchased a large amount of furniture for my new second-floor addition and my wife and I are very happy with the design, style, price and quality of this furniture.

There was an initial hiccup with the delivery as the man said the Cinema seating was too large to take up the stairs, I asked him if it could be disassembled to take up in separate parts and he said no it's just one piece, so I asked him how I can get it upstairs and he said you will have to arrange for a crane lift to the upper level, in the meantime it was left outside under the carport, of course I was a little disappointed so I rang the Amart manager Tony and explained what happened and he was also disappointed with the delivery man and said he should have opened the package box and it can be disassembled, Tony apologised to me and arranged for the special assemblers they use to move and reassemble the Cinema seating on the upper level with no extra cost to me.

I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful at the Prospect Super Amart store, and they also keep you informed with updates on delivery, the store itself is very well laid out and makes browsing the furniture very pleasant and there is also a large Amart car park with plenty of convenient parking directly outside the store.

The few minor issues and questions I had were always sorted out in a friendly helpful and timely manner with a quick telephone call to the store manager Tony who is a very honest and trustworthy person and goes out of his way to keep his customers happy. I will certainly be shopping there again and confidently recommend the Prospect Amart store.

1 of 49 pages