Made my animals have the runs and sore tummys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Sadly made my animals have very soft stool and upset stomachs. Do not think ill be trying this product again

Gave my dog Soft Diarrhoea

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

SUPERCOAT should be Renamed SOFTSTOOL. Our dogs were leaving landmines all over. We switched to Hills Active and our dogs love us for it. They eat less and they are easy to clean up after as they have healthy stools and less of them. Cost per day is about the same and a healthy dog will live longer yes for speciality foods.

Bad allergic reaction constant itching

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Purchased a bag when travelling for our English staffy. Never again. Constant scratching and shaking following consumption. Whatever the filler is not good for sensitive dogs. Back to raw chicken necks, rice veg and coconut oil ASAP.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Supermarket foods should be off the market

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2016

Worst ingredients you could probably give your dog. Grain free is the way to go, supermarket cheaper pet foods such as this will just give you long term health problems in your pet.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Happy with it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2016

After our dog suffered bloating from another well-known dog food brand, we decided to try Supercoat Sensitive. He did great on it and he's never had problems with bloat since, even on other foods. Would recommend to anyone with a dog who suffers from bloat.

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2014

Bought Purina supercoat Active biscuits with Real Kangaroo .Have 2 dogs thought l give product ago with in 3 days largest dog vommiting & shaking day after smaller dog same l immediately with drew purina from diet .That was 22nd Oct 14 . Doing well now never again will l purchase the product

Purchased at: BI-LO

Melbourne

• 1 answer

No more vet bills

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2014

After spending a fortune on vet bills to treat my Jack Russell cross with cortisone injections, tablets and creams and no clue what was causing his terrible rash, I decided to go with my gut and cut out all red meat and red meat protein in his diet. However it was not easy to find reasonably priced dog food without red meat protein, but I finally found Supercoat Sensitive which has been fantastic. I now cook Oscar's wet food myself, so I know what he eats and substitute with the dry food and we have not had an outbreak of skin rash for years. So, if your dog has skin conditions, try taking them off red meat protein - I can highly recommend Supercoat Sensitive.

+ Guaranteed no red meat protein and very economical

Lifesaver!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2014

Evee, my 5 yr old kelpie loves this dog food! She is the runt of her litter and has had problems maintaining a healthy weight, she has also suffered from colitis, and had sensitive skin- our local vet gave up on her but my family and I desperately persisted to find a solution. In the past she hadn't reacted well to biscuit but after some positive reviews we tried Supercoat sensitive and her overall health has improved significantly! Her skin and coat has improved ten fold, she has put on weight finally and the biscuits haven't stirred up her colitis at all :) Evee looks and appears healthier than ever, our family stress levels have reduced significantly too!

+ Everything- can't put a price on my dogs health and happiness

Interesting effect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2013

I've tried supercoat before in the past and recently been using the adult chicken seemed legit and my husky girl didn't seem to mind it since she is really fussy I saw the 'sensitive' bag which I hadn't payed much attention to & knowing she has always been strange or sick with food thought I would give it a go! To my surprise after trying heaps of expensive biscuits in the past she really loves this one even looks around for more I'm guessing huskies love their fish! Tuna not so good for huskies with the amount of mercury in it (warning) but over all very pleased if she's happy I'm happy

+ New flavours

- Filler ingredients

canberra

• 1 helpful vote

Why add corn

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2013

I wondered why my dogs allergies were returning I then read ingredients and they have added corn. So now I have to find another food. After eating this food my dog had scratched all the fur off his chest and he smells like corn chips. So please change back to original formula.

- They changed ingredients

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

blackhawke aussie made and owned no fillers and affordable

Why did you have to change it?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2012

I relied on Supercoat sensitive for the last 2.5 years. It was the only food I could afford that my dog could eat without getting the runs. Then last month he got ill again. I remembered the new packs had a new green label on it that said 'natural'. I compared the ingredients with an old empty bag I still had. They have changed! I don't know exactly what my dog reacts to, but 'it' didn't used to be in Supercoat sensitive and now 'it' obviously is. Why did they have to change an excellent product? Please Purina - lets have the old formula back!

- Can't use it anymore as it is now making my dog ill

Purchased at: PetBarn

Comments

Could you try adding some fresh meat to the Sensitive? It is helping dog with a similar problem. Also, Thrive D is an enzyme you can add. Not cheap but you don't need much... and may be able to a... read more »

SYDNEY

• 3 helpful votes

It now has Corn in it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2012

They have recently changed the formula and it now has corn in it.
This is very bad news for owners who relied on Supercoat Sensitive for their Gluten Intolerant dogs.

I spoke to Supercoat/Purina about this and they just fobbed me off and tried to tell me that Corn is fine in dog food.

I'm now going to have to find more money in my low budget to purchase a more expensive Gluten Free kibble for my dog.

Really angry at Supercoat/Purina for destroying what was once a really good dry kibble for dog owners (with dogs who are Gluten Intolerant) on a low budget.

Thank you for reading my review.

+ The Price.

- It Now has corn in it :(

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Why change it?

Hi John, My guess is that Corn is a cheap filler to make up the weight in the food. It look as though Profit is much more important than dog's health to these big companies. i'm so mad about t... read more »

Yes, not happy either. We relied on this product as well. It was the only one we found that worked for our GSD. I did send an email to purina/supercoat and got no response at all. Also their websit... read more »

Great for Bull terrier skin

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2012

My bull terrier is allergic to beef, kangaroo lamb chicken, almost everything , so I was giving him really expensive food for allergies then on the off chance I had a look at the ingredients on the purina packet - fish(salmon and tuna and sardines) so I thought I would give it a try, well his skin in looking fantastic , not at all red or itchy .

+ Inexpensive and great for his skin

- He has quite smelly wind But I can live with this if it means not itching and redness

Purchased at: Woolworths

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Only kibble my sensative GSD can have

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2012

I too tried this product after failing with expensive ones. Straight away we found a change in her reactions to this. Would suggest it to anyone with a dog who can't tolerate other kibbles. Gluten free is the key I think. And the best bit is it is light on the wallet.

+ Great for our sensitive tummy dog. Very affordable price and available in Supermarket. Gluten free

- Only one is doesn't' come in the larger bag but that's ok.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent for GSD with sensitive stomach

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2012

After trying every dry food on the market our GSD loves this one and it loves him too. Excellent affordable choice for dogs with interolances.

+ Available in supermarkets and affordable

- Would like it in larger size bags as well

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 answers
  • 54 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2012

I purchased this product for my staffy who has allergies and sensitive skin. Since starting the food, his coat has been much shinier and his skin far less irritated. I think the omega oils have worked a treat! I have tried other prescription diets with varied success but have found this food really good and alot cheaper. I would recommend this product to any dog to help support a healthy tummy and skin. Defintely worth a try.

+ Wide availability, effective formula and resonably priced. Resealable bag

- Kibbles could be little larger. Cannot get bulk bags, only available in a 3.5kg bag

, NSW

• 2 answers
  • 131 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2012

I have 3 dogs, 2 which are both fed on Supercoat Sensitive. My Ridgeback has mildly sensitive skin and stomach. She responded very very well to Supercoat Sensitive. Further more, my Poodle Cross Super Sensitive, allergic to EVERYTHING dog tolerates the food VERY VERY WELL!!
Previously we had spent literallly thousands going to Doggy Dermatologists, having skin and blood tests done to try to help her poor allergic skin. She was put on many premium vet diets. One totally Vegetarian. She was best on that. However I ran out of the Vego super expensive dog food, and gave her some of the Supercoat Sensitive I had for the other dog. There were NO bad reactions whatsoever! I was expecting her skin to deteriorate, but it didnt. So its Supercoat Sensitive all round from now on. My Bank account is thanking me. So is my Dog (Dogs)

+ Price! Excellent product for sensitive dogs.

- Only available at Specialist Petbarn type stores. Just an Inconvenience, not a problem with the product

• 1 answer
  • 53 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2012

I purchased this as a last straw item. So far it has been great. My dog had a tummy bug which appears to have left him with a sensitive stomach. He will willingly eat this and looks for more. The packaging on the larger packs is resealable which ensures freshness to the last bit. I found that my local supermarket stocks this. I have been quite impressed with the price. I liked the small size option to try beofre committing to a large size pack.

+ Great product, really fills a need on the market. I used this food with a bit of trepidation but am now convinced.

- Nothing so far

• 16 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2012

I was recommended this brand by my vet as she said the other brand, which I woun't mention, was rubbish and full of preservatives. I don't like preservatives for myself so why should my dogs have food that is ful of preservatives and rubbish to fill it out. I tried the sensitive biscuts and they have been fantastic, very minimal waste from my doigs which means they are getting a lot out of what they are eating and there isn't much crap or waste from them. One of my dogs did have a slightly sensitive stomach and these biscuts are fantastic, I don't hear her stomach making crazy noises after she eats.

+ Without a doubt the best dog food on the market. Very good even if your dog isnt'sensitive.

- Not avaiable at all supermarkets

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Ive been using supercoat sensitive for many years because it is gluten free. It is a great product. What people dont realise is that when you put a dog on a gluten free diet , there are no more of... read more »

• 14 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2011

Excellent! No more ear infections and chewing on itchy paws! Really works!
So pleased with this product as it contains No Wheat! Yeah! Many other brands of Premium Dog Biscuits for sensitive skin are very expensive and all seem to contain Wheat (Grrr!!!.. Why?)
Thankyou Supercoat for realizing the fact that a lot of our pets are Lactose and Gluten Intolerant!

+ Truly Gluten Free Commercial Dog Biscuits available in Supermarket at a great price!

- Needs a big sticker on front of bag to let people know its Gluten Free!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Is amazing to hear someone who has the exact same issues that my dog had. Finally after 11 years of her suffering a vet finally said that the scratching and ear infections may have something to do ... read more »

1 of 2 pages