The Suzuki Boulevard C50 has been replaced by the newer Suzuki Boulevard C50T model.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

So far so goo

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

I bought a white 2013 C50T in "as new" condition. I'm really fussy about aesthetics and this is a really beautiful bike. I sat on it in the dealership, instantly loved the superb ergonomics (plenty of room, perfect sitting position) and bought it without even riding it. Got it home and parked it in the driveway. A lady in a car pulled up, wound down her window and said "My husband has had a lot of bikes over the years but I think that is the prettiest bike I've ever seen". I said "I have to agree with you madam" :) To my eye it's just about perfect. The only thing design-wise I would change is the rear fender. Just a tad bulky. As for actually riding it, it's fine. But that's it. It's just fine. It's not exciting. Extremely comfortable, adequate power, corners well. Nothing not to like really. Just nothing to light your fire either. Would I buy it again? Yep. Purely for the look and the comfort. Both are 10/10 in my view.

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Nice bike handles good plenty of power

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

2 weeks ago traded my Harley sportster for used 2007 c50 with 13000 miles, really happy with it, plenty of power, rides smooth no vibration, am extremely happy with it. Oh, i am 81 yrs and still on two wheels. I am going to keep riding until I can't hold it up any more.

Date Purchased: Apr 2014

OK for the price but

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2016

Bought a c50tclassic new April 2014. Have ridden 22,000 miles in a little over 2 years. Great if you stay within an hour of home but not a good distance machine. Will easily cruise at 80 all day but the rpm is so high it creates a high frequency buzz that destroys some of the cheap plastic parts. Case in point, the cheap plastic air cleaner mounting ears. Mine broke in half and a complete air cleaner must be purchased (twice 250 bucks each). One day I happened to notice my license plate had almost vibrated in two at the mounting plates. This is IMO a direct result of highway speed trips. Resale stinks also. But the machine runs great, handles well and is capable of two up. Just don't buy one if you want to take longer trips. Oh and the cheap seat cover ripped at the back of driver seat.

Campbelltown

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Most fun bike to Date

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Previous bike was a GSX1250FA. At 6ft 5 I thought this cruiser would be too small and under powered. Fell in love after one ride of my 2008 Blue and silver C50 with 19000ks on the clock.Just can;t get enough of this bike. Looks like a $30,000 Harley and thanks to Vance and Hines sounds like one.Just done a overnight ride with some friends to Parkes and back, 800 km over two days and loved every minute on this little cruiser.

• 3 comments
  • 8 answers

What a surprise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

Purchased my 2008 Boulevard C50 about a month ago, with 26,000 km on it. To be honest I was not expecting to enjoy this bike as much as I do. I have had about a dozen bikes, including a Suzuki GSX1250f, which for me was an absolute pocket rocket. All the bikes I have had managed to keep me interested for a while, but once the novelty wears off, I tend to start hunting around again. But after riding this bike around town and on the highways, I have to say, 'I love it'! It's got great torque down low, so I pull away from the lights very nicely, but lacks nothing, for me, at higher speeds. It cruises comfortably at highway speeds (110km), with little to no vibrations. Most reviews mention the need for a 6th gear, but I honestly don't understand why. It purrs along on 110km, and who needs much more than that? The bike came with a Mustang seat and sissy bar, which are very comfy, side saddle bags and Vance n Hine pipes, which sound gorgeous. The bike is the two-tone blue and grey, which never impressed me until I saw it in the flesh. She starts first time, every time; has easy to read instrument panel; is frugal on the gas and, although reasonably heavy, feels very light on the road, without sacrificing stability. The seat is low enough to have both feet firmly planted on the ground, and the ergonomics keep the rider in a go all day position. It just puts a bloody big, stupid grin on my face. It's the coolest things I've ever ridden. Was tossing up between the 800cc Boulevard and the Kwaka Vulcan 900. For me, it came down to the look and the price. I just didn't think I would fall in love with the thing. I honestly cannot imagine selling her, as I don't need to set land speed records and it's just, aesthetically, the most beautiful bike I have seen. I look forward to a long relationship with this baby, and will be back for a Boulevard C50 down the track if a trade in ever becomes necessary. Don't die wondering. Go get one and I dare you not to fall in love.

Port Macquarie NSW

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

I love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2015

What a comfortable ride. It's zippy enough to get out difficulty if required and gutsy enough for general riding.
I love it, but it's time for it to go to another owner. It's a 2008 model, limited edition, windscreen, fully imported from the US, never been dropped or in an accident. Under 6000 kms, almost new!

miami

• 5 answers

Good all around bike- Badly needs 6th gear

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2015

I have owned 2 of the C50 models (a 2007 and a 2012). Both great all around (more city) bikes. I have now purchased a Honda CTX700 (6 gears) and its a wonderful difference. The C50 is good at speeds under 50mph but higher speeds and the vibration translates to the footboards and frame of the bike making a less than desirable ride. (very buzzy)
The C50 is one of my favorite looking bikes but until Suzuki addresses the gearing problem (a taller 5th gear or adds a 6th gear) I will be looking elsewhere.. Ride Safe :-)

Private message

Nice bike but heavy front end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2015

Bought my C50SE new in 2009, 14K KLM so far, Nice bike overall. I installed a Baron low profile air cleaner so I could use riding pegs. I find the bike has a heavy front end that shows up when turning corners. It is not as comfortable in turns as other bikes,(been riding 45 years). Overall nice bike. In Canada there is an insurance break for 800cc and under.

Great Cruiser,well done suzuki

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

2008 model,now have 69,000klms still runs like a dream,servicing myself oil&filter every 7,500 cannot fault this bike has given me great pleasure

Perth

Bloody Beautiful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2015

She has looks, style, solid handling and power. My girl is a 2008 beauty with the blue-silver paintwork that makes heads turn. Her cobra pipes produce an excellent note that gives road presence and commands respect. Hasn't missed a beat. Quality components mean no rust or flimsy bits. She's voluptuous, solid, and comes into her own on the highway, with plenty of power to overtake at speed. Love her!

• 9 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Terrible engineering from suzuki

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2015

After buying my c50 new in 2007 and with only 23000km on clock.I was informed that my engine needed new cam chains and adjusters After seeking second opinion i was told this is a common problem.The heads need to come off just to fit adjusters. The whole execise was going to cost upwards of $3000 The trade in price is $1500 i assume the dealers no of this problem.

Mackay, Queensland

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great reliable bike, fun to ride, great all rounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2015

I have a 2005 model, had 750ks on it when I bought it and now has 14000ks after about 18 months!
I ride two up occasionally 400-500km trips and I was surprised how well the bike handled it. I am about 112kg so I thought with two it might be a bit much but I was wrong. Two of us plus luggage cruise at speed limit and over and overtake when required no dramas. The screen is a must and floorboards and backrest made it more secure and comfy for my wife.
Great package especially for the price, cheap to run, and easy to maintain and plenty of aftermarket accessories. The only thing I don't like is the engine noise, I've been on plenty of forums that say it is normal for the C50 to sound like an angry sewing machine so I'm not worried! Maybe just get louder pipes haha

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 30 answers
  • 27 helpful votes
Private message

Just bought my second One !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2014

Just bought my second C 50 .. all decked out to Cruise.. Footboards.. Batwing fairing Hard case panniers and Top Box.. Mustang seat and engine bars with Highway pegs.. Its all Good!!!

Glasshouse mountains Qld

A Gem!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2014

At 68 I am still enjoying the trills of a fast ride but also appreciate a little comfort,leaning back with my feet forward and my arms nicely streched....At 180cm,the bike fits me perfectly,nimble and yet heavy enough to withstand gusts of winds on the motorway. Frugal and easy to service, willing and allways ready to start on command (FI) she is the perfect Mistress!!

• 3 helpful votes

My third C50

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2014

Well this is my third C50 this time I bought the C50T the two tone Black and Red model which comes fitted with bags, sissy bar and screen.
I just sold my Harley Dyna Super Glide I don't do big rides anymore (not saying the C50 won't take you around Australia) but for the riding I do these days the C50 is perfect for me, great town bike, great hi-way bike and great to do some touring on, just a great all rounder.

+ Great value for the price, looks fantastic, rides fantastic, almost the perfect bike.

- Can't fault this bike so nothing to say here.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

gisborne

• 1 comment

c50t Great all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

I have a two tone 2012 version of the bike. Smooth, powerful, eye catching ang comfortable. I have no dramas keeping up with the 1200cc harleys, with an after market set of Vance&hynes thevoice of my bike is one of authority.
Great bike, regularly get 270km from a tank of fuel. Comfortable even after a four hour trip.
Beautiful looking cruiser and unless you are over 6 foot tall and 120kg or you must have a harley, than this is a great alternative. Can not fault it after 12000 kms...

+ looks, size, comfort, reliability.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Thanks for your honesty. I own an original US import grandfather of the current model the VS750 in Black of course. A great alternative to HDs sportster in its day. My cruiser turns thirty next yea... read more »

We have now passed 24,ooo km in 18 months with not a hint of trouble. Rear tyre replaced at 16k and front still has about 5k left. Fuel range is easily over 300k, theoretically 330k but I've never run it dry to find out.

I have a 2007 C50 with @33k and do 2 up riding a lot so have around 150 kg's on-board and regularly get 300 plus from the tank. Running Pirelli night dragons and have now got over 20k on them and j... read more »

Naremburn, sydney

Transporter - Boulevard C50 ** Best Cruiser for such a less price**

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2012

I have 15 years of experience in riding motorcycles around the world. Recently 2 years back I have shifted to cruisers from sports bike and the experience was just fantastic and been riding to lot of tours with my fellow boulevard mates.
I even ride to work everyday within city

Regards,
Srini

+ Best Cruiser for such a less price. If cannot afford $25000 on harley davidson and looking for a similar fun then I recommend this is just amazing.

- If it was more heavier, it will bring more stability during high winds on highways.

Purchased at: Action Motorcycles

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Put a screen on her.. she will be Perfect!

I also looked at Harley Davidson and found the Suzuki Boulevard C50T provides the lot without paying anything like Harley prices.

• 1 review
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

she is my beautiful girl

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2012

just recently renewed my acquaintance with riding after a lapse of 25 years and discovered that this beautiful machine was for me...with a low centre of gravity position, comfortable seat position, enough power to leave a lot of those pretenders still standing when your well on your way, this bike turns heads everywhere i go.. i fitted vance and hines short shots, which makes those harleys sound like tractors, you should try it.., if you want to keep up with the jones, buy a harley, at least you will be saving money on haircuts..

+ gr8 value 4 money, pleasure to ride, very safe and quick at the same time. on performance and looks, leaves most bikes in its class for dead.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 14 helpful votes
Private message

Best all round bike i've ever ridden

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2012

Just racked up 1000 kms and put Suzy in for her first service. This is one bike where you can believe the claims made by the manufacturer. I am 6ft 9inches and weigh 65kg, let me tell you if your dimensions are similar to mine you will love this bike.
I have only ever owned sportsbikes in the past, but have ridden tourers and dirt bikes also over the last 23 years, but had never rode a cruiser before. The C50T was a 40th present for myself, wish i had done cruiser's sooner.
This bike was cheaper than my previous two bikes, being a ZZR and CBR but much more enjoyable and practical, granted they are different bikes but this is just so much better in most aspects that i must admit i am still surprised.
From the styling, the EFI, low maintenance shaft drive, fuel and gear indicators, ease of self-maintenance, larger than expected corner clearance and overall smoothness and ease of maneuverability this is just an absolute joy to ride.
Only negatives for me are:
1) need a windshield if you are planning on longer range rides over 90km per hour.
2) has more than enough grunt for me given my size, but i reckon some of you would like if it came in 1000cc or 1100cc whilst keeping similar bike dimensions. The C109RT at 1783cc is just way to big for someone my size, i looked like a midget on it, but geez its a lovely looking machine.
For this price it really is ridiculous the quality of bike you are getting, i would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for style, practicality, reliability, performance and don't care about size or badges. If it's the best bike in its range you are after then look no further this is it. I test rode Yamaha V Star 950 and 1100, as well as Kawasaki Vulcan 900. The Kwaka was a nice bike and has similar technology with engine to C50, but for me was let down with gear and fuel gauges, styling and handling a little, but it is a very nice bike to ride. Whatever you do, stay well away from the Yamaha's, those two bikes would have to have been in the top 10 worst bikes i have ever ridden.

- Need windshield if doing high speed.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

An absolutely accurate and concise appraisal of the C50. Outstanding value for money - do yourself a favour and buy one.

I agree.. I have windshield and bags and a top box, also Sat Nav and heated grips ( was spoiled when I had the Beemer) All great accessories for a great little touring bike !@

I'm 6'3" tall and weigh 230lbs. I noted in your review that you said you are 6'9" and 65kg or 143 lbs. I mean no disrespect but are your dimensions as stated accurate? 6'9" is very tall with on... read more »

Newbury Park

Excellent Bike

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2012

Well designed. Easy to maintain. I do all the servicing myself, except for the valve check. Replacement parts are easy to find and with the Clymers maintenance book, it is easy to maintain. It is a reliable bike. I've got 20k miles on it and have not had any problems. There was a recall on the rectifier and the dealer replaced it for free.

It rides and handles well. my only complaint is that it sometimes has a problem shifting into first gear or into neutral. When this occurs, I have to roll the bike forward a little. It can be a little jerky in first gear when you let off the throttle a little. Once you get it into second gear or later, there is no jerkiness. Braking is excellent when using both breaks. It has good power for a 800. When going 65+ uphill, you sometimes have downshift into 4th gear. The ride is comfortable. The heel/toe shifter and floorboard really help.

+ Reliable, lots of after market parts (good price), well designed, easy to maintain, looks good, great price ($8000)

- Sometimes difficult to shift into 1st or Neutral.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I have had my c50 for over 5 years now and after riding performance bikes for so many years it was a delightful change, I broke my back in 04 and could not relax on the performance bikes anymore so... read more »

1 of 2 pages