The Suzuki Boulevard C50 has been replaced by the newer Suzuki Boulevard C50T model.

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Nice bike handles good plenty of power

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

2 weeks ago traded my Harley sportster for used 2007 c50 with 13000 miles, really happy with it, plenty of power, rides smooth no vibration, am extremely happy with it. Oh, i am 81 yrs and still on two wheels. I am going to keep riding until I can't hold it up any more.

Campbelltown

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Most fun bike to Date

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Previous bike was a GSX1250FA. At 6ft 5 I thought this cruiser would be too small and under powered. Fell in love after one ride of my 2008 Blue and silver C50 with 19000ks on the clock.Just can;t get enough of this bike. Looks like a $30,000 Harley and thanks to Vance and Hines sounds like one.Just done a overnight ride with some friends to Parkes and back, 800 km over two days and loved every minute on this little cruiser.

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

What a surprise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

Purchased my 2008 Boulevard C50 about a month ago, with 26,000 km on it. To be honest I was not expecting to enjoy this bike as much as I do. I have had about a dozen bikes, including a Suzuki GSX1250f, which for me was an absolute pocket rocket. All the bikes I have had managed to keep me interested for a while, but once the novelty wears off, I tend to start hunting around again. But after riding this bike around town and on the highways, I have to say, 'I love it'! It's got great torque down low, so I pull away from the lights very nicely, b ut lacks nothing, for me, at higher speeds. It cruises comfortably at highway speeds (110km), with little to no vibrations. Most reviews mention the need for a 6th gear, but I honestly don't understand why. It purrs along on 110km, and who needs much more than that? The bike came with a Mustang seat and sissy bar, which are very comfy, side saddle bags and Vance n Hine pipes, which sound gorgeous. The bike is the two-tone blue and grey, which never impressed me until I saw it in the flesh. She starts first time, every time; has easy to read instrument panel; is frugal on the gas and, although reasonably heavy, feels very light on the road, without sacrificing stability. The seat is low enough to have both feet firmly planted on the ground, and the ergonomics keep the rider in a go all day position. It just puts a bloody big, stupid grin on my face. It's the coolest things I've ever ridden. Was tossing up between the 800cc Boulevard and the Kwaka Vulcan 900. For me, it came down to the look and the price. I just didn't think I would fall in love with the thing. I honestly cannot imagine selling her, as I don't need to set land speed records and it's just, aesthetically, the most beautiful bike I have seen. I look forward to a long relationship with this baby, and will be back for a Boulevard C50 down the track if a trade in ever becomes necessary. Don't die wondering. Go get one and I dare you not to fall in love.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Port Macquarie NSW

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

I love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2015

What a comfortable ride. It's zippy enough to get out difficulty if required and gutsy enough for general riding.
I love it, but it's time for it to go to another owner. It's a 2008 model, limited edition, windscreen, fully imported from the US, never been dropped or in an accident. Under 6000 kms, almost new!

miami

• 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Good all around bike- Badly needs 6th gear

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2015

I have owned 2 of the C50 models (a 2007 and a 2012). Both great all around (more city) bikes. I have now purchased a Honda CTX700 (6 gears) and its a wonderful difference. The C50 is good at speeds under 50mph but higher speeds and the vibration translates to the footboards and frame of the bike making a less than desirable ride. (very buzzy)
The C50 is one of my favorite looking bikes but until Suzuki addresses the gearing problem (a taller 5th gear or adds a 6th gear) I will be looking elsewhere.. Ride Safe :-)

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Nice bike but heavy front end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2015

Bought my C50SE new in 2009, 14K KLM so far, Nice bike overall. I installed a Baron low profile air cleaner so I could use riding pegs. I find the bike has a heavy front end that shows up when turning corners. It is not as comfortable in turns as other bikes,(been riding 45 years). Overall nice bike. In Canada there is an insurance break for 800cc and under.

Great Cruiser,well done suzuki

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

2008 model,now have 69,000klms still runs like a dream,servicing myself oil&filter every 7,500 cannot fault this bike has given me great pleasure

Perth

• 1 answer

Bloody Beautiful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2015

She has looks, style, solid handling and power. My girl is a 2008 beauty with the blue-silver paintwork that makes heads turn. Her cobra pipes produce an excellent note that gives road presence and commands respect. Hasn't missed a beat. Quality components mean no rust or flimsy bits. She's voluptuous, solid, and comes into her own on the highway, with plenty of power to overtake at speed. Love her!

• 9 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Terrible engineering from suzuki

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2015

After buying my c50 new in 2007 and with only 23000km on clock.I was informed that my engine needed new cam chains and adjusters After seeking second opinion i was told this is a common problem.The heads need to come off just to fit adjusters. The whole execise was going to cost upwards of $3000 The trade in price is $1500 i assume the dealers no of this problem.

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 30 answers
  • 26 helpful votes
Private message

Just bought my second One !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2014

Just bought my second C 50 .. all decked out to Cruise.. Footboards.. Batwing fairing Hard case panniers and Top Box.. Mustang seat and engine bars with Highway pegs.. Its all Good!!!

1 of 3 pages

I want to seal my head gasket where do I put the sealant?

Cook 5959 asked on Jun 05, 2017

I have a 2013 modes been sitting in the shed for sometime. Has fuel, battery charged...she turns over Ok but just won't start. Any suggestions?

Langy asked on Feb 25, 2017

Answer this

Tty fresh fuel maybe?

I have not driven for 40 years and not sure what to buy but bought a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard and I love the bike. It is perfect for me, I can handle its size, is powerful and I have fun driving it. I am only 5' 7" and 190 lb. and being a low rider is a perfect fit. I have 32,000 km on it now. How many kms can you put on the motor without having to do alot of repair work? Thanks very much. I have a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard c50 and would like to replace my soft saddle bags with hard ones that can he locked. Any suggestions? Thanks alot

Paul asked on Feb 11, 2017

Answer this

Hi, Paul, grats on your purchase. The Suzuki engine is considered bullet proof and reliable up to, and in many cases over, 200,000ks. That being said, it does depend on how the bike has been ridden and maintained before you purchased it. Whenever I buy a bike, no material the age, condition or appearance, or service history, I have a trusted mechanic give it a good look over. Once I'm satisfied that things are good, I service every 12 months, whether I do 1000 kms or 10000kms. But that's me. As for lockable bags, there is an assortment to choose from. Easy on and easy off with a key, is important. I prefer leather to soft collapsible bags, both for the,look and ease of removal. I have got some good bags at the motorcycle warehouse (in most capital cities) and from the manufacturer. Good luck and safe riding, mate.

See all 25 questions about Suzuki Boulevard C50