• 1 review
  • 5 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Worst organisation ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

My friends and I (3 in total) booked, and paid, for an event in Brisbane. It was cancelled on the night due to lack of participants. When the request for a refund was made the company refused all ongoing correspondence and have become incredibly uncommunicative and rude.
I would definitely NOT recommend this company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Speed Dating Australia Official

Easily the worst customer ever ! Thanks again Product Review for letting anyone post and not doing anything about it. We noticed that you would not let us post a review for Product Review and now... read more »

Where is the money? No refund yet. Totally fraudulent response, as expected.
No emails to state you would refund have been received. And I’ll happily post them here.
Please refund ASAP.

And I quote: We cancelled the event on Monday night and you have already lodged a complaint after a couple of days !!! Sending a hundred emails and lodging complaints isn't going to win you any f... read more »

Such a fun night!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

This was the first speed dating event I had been to, so my nerves were playing with me a tad haha, but I had a really fun time and met a lot of great people! It was run smoothly and the hosts were friendly. Can't wait for the second round of fun!

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer

They cancelled the event and did not refund money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I travelled to the city to attend a speed dating event. I waited with other singles for about 20mins only to be told it had been cancelled a week ago! No one had informed any of us!

After more than a week of trying to contact them. To get my payment refunded, it still has not been refunded. There is no phone number to call anyone and they do not reply to emails.

Two weeks later and still no refund!

They told me they would not refund me unless I removed this review!!!

VERY unprofessional company, do not waste your money.

Comments
Speed Dating Australia Official

Thanks again Product Review for letting anyone post and not doing anything about it. We noticed that you would not let us post a review for Product Review and now that page and your 1.5 star ratin... read more »

As you can see I am a verified reviewer. I had to prove to product review my paid booking with you to be verified. I did NOT receive any email from you, until after I contacted you asking why was t... read more »

Unprofessional.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Always a good time out but their services, organising, communication skills and even the way they interact with their clients remain poor.

Since there's barely any competition, there's no other choice however and it's really all about who comes.

They're okay if you can't find another event.

A great night

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

A great night. A good variety of men of different ages and careers. A short period of time but within the first couple minutes of meeting someone you know if you want to take it further. Would highly recommend.

A fun night

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

A well run night and a lot of fun. A great way to meet new people....highly recommended. I would definitely go again.

Verified Customer

You get out what you put in.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

If you present well as a client these events are good value for money and a much better way of meeting people than Tinder/Apps.

For reference I'm an average looking bald guy in his 30's who keeps fit and dresses well. I've been to Speed Dating Australia events twice now and both times have come away with 3 matches (and could have gotten more if I was less picky). Considering the quality of the girls I matched with I think this is worth the price of admission.

I found the women to be well intentioned and genuine. The bad apples you can spot a mile off if you have some recent dating experience. No one can hide behind well written profiles, old photos or instagram filters (those dog ears.. ugh).

Not much more to say, except that if you aren't doing alright here by meeting people face to face you might want to do some more self development before you re-enter the dating sphere.

Loved it- great atmosphere, mase for a fun night

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Great venue and atmosphere. It really was a fun night and I would recommend for all. I was alone and others attending made me feel welcome and at ease. Do it! sign up today for 2019. Jade Budhha is a great venue in Brisbane for SD.

Superb night out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Always a good night out. Great hosts, dates and people. Although it’s quick dating you always get nice girls. Kudos

Variety of Venues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I have been a handful of times and enjoyed the diverse venues across Melbourne. The staff are very explanatory and provide a prompt match report the very next day.

A lot of fun

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Met my partner at a speed date event :-)
Service was good, the venues are varied, and it attracts a good mix of clients.
I can recommend.

Verified Customer

Great venue and friendly crowd

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

I had more than 10 dates on the night (there were more men than women). Hosts were great, lovely venue and nice guys and gals. I’m signing up to another event later in the year.

Loved it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Really enjoyed meeting close to 20 men throughout the evening, as well as the free drink. Jade Buddha is definitely a venue I'll be going back to.

Kilburn Event

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Enjoyed meeting singles at the Kilburn which is a classy venue. Recommend all singles to attend MSD. Hospitality amongst the hosts was outstanding.

Best speed dating in ADL

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Well run. Professional group of staff and the whole experience was well worth it. Even food and drinks were available

Brisbane, Australia, Queensland

• 7 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Wouldn't Recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I have used this service a total of 4 times, 1st time was fine. 2nd time they changed the night from Wednesday to Thursday when i already had made plans for that evening did not respond to my email or offer me a refund. 3rd time was fine, 4th time 25/10/18 they cancelled the event last minute and didn't even let me know I took 2 Ubers and had to rush home to make it on time only to hear from a venue patron that the event was cancelled. Tried to email they my complaint didn't hear back and no refund offered again. They are disorganised and do not value their customers. My best advice would be to not use their dating services.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Speed Dating Australia Official

Mark Goulter, you have used us 4 times so you must be happy with our service. The owner tried to ring you personally but your number is not valid or disconnected. We had to change the venue so we ... read more »

My number was correct I had double checked it to give you the benefit of the doubt, also no email was sent. I find the way in which you handled this affair to be in really poor taste. I did use you... read more »

Great night out

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Well organized. Fast passed. So much fun. Very interesting range of people you met. Girls and guys to be honest.

A fun night out

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I highly recommend Speed Dating Australia. It is well organised, the venues are great and it's a fun night out.

Great event!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

The event is well organised and well facilitated. Keep up the great work! I love the choice of venues. A lot of interesting people to meet.

Simply the best in Brisbane

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I recently went to the dating event at jade Buddha, which had the most beautiful view of the city over looking the river with about 18 matching dates. The hosts were really friendly and explained the whole process to make everyone feel comfortable. The night was brilliant meeting amazing people and we had a chance to mingle with everyone. The ambience was amazing, very friendly dates. There were drinks and canopes served at the event which were included in the event. Only suggestion I could give to improve was to maybe have seats closer to the dates as it can get loud with everyone speaking so you can speak without sounding like you are shouting :-)

Would Definitely recommend it anyone. 5 stars