Date Purchased: Feb 2017

The must have all in once kitchen machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

The Cuisine Companion does everything for you, it chops the onion, fries it, stirs the curry whilst you are busy outside the kitchen. It cooks rice, steams pudding, is awesome at dough making. The external steamer adds so much extra space. A second bowl really makes the experience better. It's so much better than a thermomix. 1) it's lots cheaper, but the quality and Tefal are behind it 2) it's a food processor shape, so it's better at sauté food, doesn't mush meat 3) it cooks just the same was as a saucepan could so it's easy to learn. The Shine with you Cuisine Companion cookbook helps you learn how to get the most from this amazing machine. My machine came with it, but if yours doesn't get a copy too

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Brisbane

Date Purchased: May 2017

Omg why didn’t I buy this earlier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

This is an amazing alternative to the thermomix. At about $1000 cheaper it does pretty much exactly the same stuff except a few things. Ie doesn’t have internal scales but that is a fantastic thing as you do not have to get it calibrated all the time. And tefal send you a starter welcome pack with digital scales in

• 2 answers
  • 25 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Versatile and High quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

As an enthusiastic baker but terrible cook I bought this as a method to make cooking whole meals easier. I have to say that it’s definitely made making risotto and dishes that require frequent stirring and blending easier and it makes the best potato mash. It takes a bit of getting used to and experimentation to work out how the different blades work. The cookbook that comes with it is okay but the Facebook community is a fantastic resource. Although it’s got an internal steamer basket this is small so not very useful I find for my family of four. Where I’ve found this product shines is when I’m baking- it’s very easy to convert mix and bake recipes such as brownies, hummingbird cake etc and it’s so quick and easy that I’ve not used my stand mixer since getting this. Buttercream icing is super easy because I don’t even need to sift the icing sugar as the blade just mixes everything so smoothly and the lid keeps everything contained. What I love is that I just have one bowl to clean and it’s very easy to clean- the centre just clicks out and it’s easy to clean the bowl. The lid also clicks into place so there’s no risk of contents exploding unlike other multifunction cookers. It has four separate blades which are removable and easy to clean. However sometimes bits of food can get stuck such as when making macaroni and cheese and the bottom can burn. I love this appliance and highly recommend it.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Almost Perfect, but....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I wish that for Slow Cooking mode had

- Temperature settings to be possible with 1 Celsius changes (57, 58, 59...), not current 5 Celsius changes (55, 60, 65, ...)
- Cooking Timer setting to be possible up to 6 Hours, not current 2 hours.

These would be so helpful for Sous-Vide Cooking.

• 2 questions
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Made me into a good cook.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I was never a natural or good cook. I really struggled in the kitchen. Now in my 50's I purchased this after seeing it demonstrated on TVSN. Must say I was still skeptical. Thought it wouldn't be used. I have had it less than a month and everything - EVERYTHING - I have made in it has been a success. So far I have successfully made:
- Soft white bread rolls
- Chettinad Chicken Curry
- Red Wine Lamb Shanks
- Sausage and egg filled breakfast pockets
- Danish pastries
- Savoury crepes
- Chicken, leek and sour cream pie
- Meatballs
- Sous Vide eggs and Hollandaise Sauce
- Lasagna
- White Chocolate and Coconut Slice
There are great facebook pages that share recipes and you can see some of what I have made in my blog [weblink removed]
I love this machine.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Everyday appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

Purchased Tefal Kitchen cuisine to replace multiple appliances cluttering cupboards and couldn't be happier.
Researched and compared other similar appliances and for ease of use and variety of uses decided on this one.
Good size bowl , cleaning fuss free , spare bowl makes changing between dishes fast , slicing chopping and grating accessory a big asset as well as steaming extra accessory for larger serves. Recommend to anyone .

Mount Eliza

I love this machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

This is an excellent machine that I have had for nearly 12 months. It allows you to get rid of so many different appliances. I use it mostly for making different kinds of breads, baking (cakes, biscuits), pastry, steaming, curries and risottos. It has allowed me to regain my passion for cooking!
The only weakness i can find is that it s not great at finely grinding(almonds) or finally chopping a small amount of food (garlic) which is something I believe a thermomix does. Also, when I purchased the cuisine companion the external steamer and shredder were not included and they are very pricey extras.
There are plenty of recipes especially for the machine and it is easy to convert any thermomix recipes (I use skinnymixers)
This machine has helped me experiment with different cuisines for my family. It is dishwasher safe which makes for easy cleaning.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Very handy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Have only owned this for a couple of months but it is now coming in to its own, There are Facebook groups you can join that are worth their weight in gold as they answer any questions you may have. The recipe book that comes with it has been translated so not every thing in it works out but there are heaps online,. It's easy to clean and the interface especially easy to read (I have very poor eyesight) Unlike the thermomix you have to change blades but this makes some of the jobs it does heaps better because it has the proper tool to do it with. I can't afford one at present but highly recommend getting an extra bowl. Yesterday I made savoury muffins, butter cake and scones, this is the most I have baked in a day in my whole life and the scones were fantastic!

• 5 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Best appliance ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

I purchased this last April and use it almost daily. Love the way it cooks meals and does the stirring so I can do something else. Whizzes up baked treats in no time. Am now baking bread on a regular basis. Its extra large capacity is great for producing family sized meals. Love the attachments too, especially the slicer/shredder. By purchasing during a sale, was able to get both accessories and 4 yrs warranty for the normal purchase price, and do a 4 yr interest free purchase.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Brilliant Machine - just love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Having owned a Thermomix for some time, I found I was not using it much and the reason was I really didn't like it. I found it noisy and just hated scraping around the blades at the bottom of the bowl. I sold it and purchased a Tefal Cuisine Companion - best thing I ever did.
Since owning the Tefal (just before late December 2016) I have used it a lot. The more I use it, the more I want to use it. It is so quiet in running at full speed when it does soups. I was always scared to notch up the speed on the Thermie. It is also a steadier machine with very slight vibration in use (unlike the Thermie). I have found my soups come up thicker because of the brilliant chopping/pulsing of the soup programme.
If there is any downside at all - all I can say is I would like to adjust the end of programme beeper to a bit louder, it is a bit too quiet.
Very happy with this machine and now I have added the slicer/shredder.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good Machine. Different functions to competitors.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

I was debating whethet to get the competitor or the Tefal CC. I decided on the Tefal for the slow cooking function, the larger bowl and superior warranty. I was also concerned about the inbuilt scales on TM as I had heard they are quite temperamental. I have since also purchased the competitors machine due to the milling capacity the Tefal lacks. But saying that I have room on bench for both and each have different functionality. I love the slow cook function on Tefal CC.

Maitland, New South Wales

• 6 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

every kitchen should have one - I just love mine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Just love the ease of operation, the great range of recipes and the fact that they reliably turn out just like the pictures & taste great. The instruction book and recipe book are both very easy to follow. The appliance feels safe - the lid locks down securely and there is no risk of getting steam burns due to the clever design of the lid steam insert. Very easy to clean and assemble/disassemble. I chose this over the thermomix (I have 2 close friends who have one and I've seen one in use and had a go myself) as it feels sturdier, it has a clear lid so you can see the food while cooking, the steamer is a much more usable shape than the thermomix one and the drip tray works very well, and I can get support for any issues by taking it back to the store I bought it from rather than having to box it up and ship it somewhere at my cost. Recently did a cook-off with one of my friend's thermomix's and the Tefal cooks everything we tried just as well as the thermomix if not better. I found it was very easy to convert the thermomix recipes as well as some of my own long-standing recipes. I use it pretty much every night & am progressively getting rid of my soup-maker, pressure cooker, rice cooker etc. Recommend getting 2 bowls as have taken advantage of this a few times now & it saves time while cooking to not have to stop and wash up part-way through a multi-step meal. The external steamer is fabulous & works perfectly cooking over a sauce being prepared in the main bowl. Highly recommended to buy one - you'll love it!

Bayside, melbourne

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

The best purchase I have made in years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

Awesome for cooking just about everything! I love my Cusine Companion! Cooks pasta sauces with ease. Great if you need to cook quickly and if your working and looking after kids! It is also chops! Some of the cooking functions only cook for a certain cycle of time so if you are cooking larger batches of food take this into consideration as it will take longer! Its so easy to clean and really no hassle. I'm very happy with it and I think the price is very fair compared to the Thermomix. I think it's a better by and a better machine. We got some great offers with it when we purchased it. We paid extra for a longer guarantee

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Cooking made fun again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

This has made cooking fun and the tedious washing/cleaning up so easy after.

Partner and I decided to invest in the cuisine companion since our little one has been needing more time and attention.

Some prep, press a few buttons, leave it, (repeat when needed), voila.. meals ate served.

Washing is easy as everything except the spindles/clip are dishwasher friendly.

After getting past the pricey initial investment, the returns we gain ie. healthy cooked meals, time saved monitoring in the kitchen, this now seems like a no-brainer.

If you're finding that you're tied down on time, and have no time to be in the kitchen, then this is the answer.

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Makes difficult cooking a breeze

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2016

I bought the Tefal CC 9 months ago.
I must admit I don't use it as much as I should because I just do things the 'old way'. I was making tomato sauce the 'old way' when I realised I could probably do it in the CC. Cut hours off the process and made lovely sauce, salsa and chutney.
Difficult food (to me) like risotto and hollandaise are a breeze. The fact they are stirred whilst cooking makes it set-and-forget.
The cheesecake and potato puree (mashed potato) are absolutely wonderful.
I have bought the attachments and I am going to make a concerted effort to break away from old habits and use the CC frequently. I about to go overseas for a couple of weeks so I'm using the CC to use up all the fresh food that I can't leave that long.
I have a very small kitchen and space is a premium. Having a one stop appliance is extremely useful. I am getting up the confidence to get rid of all the appliances littering my kitchen that it replaces. One step at a time, though.
I am very pleased I purchased the unit and like 'showing off' at dinner parties the treats I can prepare so easily. Pop in the ingredients press a programme, rejoin the dinner guests and then serve when the Tefal CC tells you the delicious food is ready.
The extra bowl has been very useful when making multiple menu items. Cleaning up is a breeze.

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Rosco, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that it is saving you time, effort and precious space in the kitchen.The time that you save using the Tefal Cuisine Compani... read more »

Thanks. I am still planning what appliances I am going to give away that I don't need now.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

Wife loves it. Comes apart easily for the dishwasher. Great bowl capacity which is really handy as we have a large family. The mixing blades are extremely easy to change. Wife uses it for cakes but mostly for main courses for meals. We bought our own kitchen scales as we didn't qualify for the starter pack.

Purchased at: Gumtree

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Gerald,
Great review on the Tefal Cuisine Companion! We are happy to hear that your Wife & You are happy with your purchase of the Cuisine Companion. If you ever require any assistance please let us know.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

No gimick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2016

I originally held back from purchasing this product labelling it as a gimmick. I was wrong. A very impressive quick machine. I was overwhelmed when it arrived, believing it too fancy for an older brain..wrong again very simple to understand. Cleaning is also extremely simple no dramas there, even for someone with limited patience? My only negative, which is only small is the cook book, which I think needs to be expanded upon, however, you can access more recipes from the nett.
ENJOY and TRUST

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Lorraine. Thank you for your fantastic review of the Tefal Cuisine Companion. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with the machine and love how easy it is to use! Keep an eye out on our web... read more »

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

After 34 years all my appliances are expiring so it was time to replace them: the tefal companion cuisine fitted the bill as it replaces my soup maker, food processor, mixmaster. The steamer was an added bonus upon purchase - I have made delicious mini puddings. I didn't want an appliance that was difficult to clean - as the blades are detachable, cleaning is an easier process. The double layers in the lid snap apart, and time will tell if the connection weakens and have to be replaced, along with the rubber seal.
After a month I have no regrets of spending the $$. It pays to shop around and also view online prices (which can be matched by the store as in my case). Definitely worthwhile to visit a demonstration. It was a pity I had to chase up where one was being held in the city, as there were none offered in the hills. It certainly has refuelled my interest in cooking as the tcc requires little effort & time in preparation & produces tasty and healthy meals.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Christine, Thank you for your review on the Tefal Cuisine Companion. We are so happy to hear that your decided on purchasing the Cuisine Companion as your all in one Kitchen Appliance and that i... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great food processer , recommend going to see an in store demo or utube

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2016

Great food processer my wife loves it and hasn't stopped cooking me fantastic meals and cakes, just put in the ingredients and tum on. Even a man could use it if he liked cooking. It is really worth going to a local store and watching the demonstration or if not near one go into Utube where there are heaps of demo's

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Rayc, Thank you for such a fantastic review of the Tefal Cuisine Companion. We are happy to hear that your Wife has not stopped making you fantastic meals you should really give it a go we are ... read more »

Bli Bli

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Best money on an appliance I have ever spent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

This machine is worth every cent and more. Perfect risotto to kneading bread. It gets used almost everyday and sometimes 3 times a day. Love it. It's easy to use. Don't need a chip just a little basic cooking know how and how the machine works and you can easily adapt any of your own recipes.
Washes up in the dishwasher.
Nice and quiet. I have another thermal cooker that now sits redundant in a cupboard because it is noisy and doesn't compare in quality.
Big bowl is awesome. Different blades are also great. No more baby food, whisk attachments coming off or food caught in the blades.
Extra heat is also great.
Very happy with my purchase.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes