• 4 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

My Kitchen Companion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Have been looking at all brands of these sorts of appliances for sometime, but couldn't justify the price. Jumped in before Christmas and bought one. It does pay to study the manuals, but once you get how the controls work it is a breeze. The first thing I look at is weight as I am not keen on keeping appliances on the bench and it is light enough to put in the cupboard when not in use. The basin is a good size. I like how the attachment blades are neatly stored in their own container, most of the parts are dishwasher safe, and the controls are easy to use. I have so far cooked bread, made pasta, soups, Thai green chicken (although I make my own recipe), minced meat for lasagne sauce etc so I have given it a good run and can thoroughly recommend. I am seriously thinking of getting the shedder attachment and then I have everything I need. I have already passed on food processor etc which are no longer required.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Awesome addition for the kitchen benchtop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

So easy and great to use. Quick soups to whipped cream in a flash.
Make great dips, dough, pasta sauce.
Easy to clean which is a big bonus.
Looks great on the kitchen benchtop.
Bought mine at harvey norman at 50% off, comes with a great recipe book and user manual.

Perth

• 12 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Really handy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Have had the machine for two years now and definitely feel its one of my 'can't do without' appliances in my kitchen. Makes the best no fuss risottos, fantastic soups, pancake mix/waffle mix for a horde, cake mix, no fuss spaghetti sauce, scone dough without the timely rubbing in of butter by hand, and a butter chicken that can turn the room into a toxic spice napalm if you don't have the exhaust fan running (tastes amazing though) . Fantastic machine. Don't need a mixer, food processor, and can replace or act as a number of other less used appliances in your kitchen. Being able to take out the blade and other attachments is a huge benefit and makes it very easy to clean. Bowl is large enough to make risotto as a main meal for 4 adults. Lack of a scale for measuring directly into the bowl can be overcome by placing the bowl directly on the free digital scale you can get from Tefal, zeroing it and placing ingredients straight in. I have the grater attachment for the cuisine companion which works really well when prepping for soups etc. and while I don't use it very often it definitely beats doing it by hand. Negatives are the lack of a pouring spout and handle on the bowl which would be handy.

PARK HOLME. SA

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

great buy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

My mother"s day gift could not have been a better product, makes soups smooth & creamy but also can have it chunky. Have made stews, bread rolls, pizza dough & still experimenting. The motor noise is comparable with others as far as noise goes. Only shortfall is cleaning, not being unable to separate the bowl from the base, makes it harder to wash especially with arthritic hands & no dishwasher. Would like to see Tefal bring out something to work with models (incl this one)to enable a separate bowl. A handle on the bowl would make it a lot easier to hold when emptying contents. Overall a great product & no worries about it exploding. Will definitely be buying the other accessories This is my 4th Tefal product I have in my kitchen.

Winmalee NSW

• 6 comments
  • 17 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Wont blow up , happy days

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Reduces my work load ! Yes saving time is my favorite benifit ( next to safety of course !)
No more burnt custard or creamed rice boiling over and making a mess ! Steamed potatoes then mashed with the whisk, has never been better !
Fantastic bread and scones , heaps of recipes online and a few FB groups ...i could go on ! But yes, i love it !! Very pleased with my purchase . Only down side ? Cleaning the dual layer lid is a bit of a bother ? Really needs a re design !

• 9 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Happy with purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

This replaces worn out Bellini kitchen master which Target no longer sell.
Very happy so far. It makes a wonderful chunky soup without turning it in to puree. Peel and cut veges, put in TCC. Come back in 45 minutes. Eat.
Motor strong enough to mix dough. Wonderful italian bread made with 3 minutes mixing. 1 hour sitting. 30 min baking.
Easy to swap blades while still ingredients in bowl.
Easy to clean. Mostly dishwasher proof. You have to remove spindle which is simple.
Quite awkward and difficult to empty contents when using spatula. Why not put a handle on jug.
2 year Express warranty. I would still try for a remedy under Australian consumer law after 2 years .
Recipes. You have to search to find recipes to suit this product. Once you learn how to use machine you could work out what settings to use for any recipe. The recipe book is great though not many soups or stew dishes.
I bought this to try and eat healthy. You have to be careful though as you can get caught up eating too much at first. Great for cooking extra and freezing to avoid lazy trips to the takeaway.
Update. Overheating fault when making bread dough and have to wait 30 minutes for it to cool down. When I rang Tefal he got upset that I wouldn't take it to the closest repairer over an hour away or water down the dough to stop it happening. If it does it again I'll take it back to supplier for a replacement as it is not as fit for advertised purpose.

Purchased at: Domayne

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

The must have all in once kitchen machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

The Cuisine Companion does everything for you, it chops the onion, fries it, stirs the curry whilst you are busy outside the kitchen. It cooks rice, steams pudding, is awesome at dough making. The external steamer adds so much extra space. A second bowl really makes the experience better. It's so much better than a thermomix. 1) it's lots cheaper, but the quality and Tefal are behind it 2) it's a food processor shape, so it's better at sauté food, doesn't mush meat 3) it cooks just the same was as a saucepan could so it's easy to learn. The Shine with you Cuisine Companion cookbook helps you learn how to get the most from this amazing machine. My machine came with it, but if yours doesn't get a copy too

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Brisbane

Date Purchased: May 2017

Omg why didn’t I buy this earlier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

This is an amazing alternative to the thermomix. At about $1000 cheaper it does pretty much exactly the same stuff except a few things. Ie doesn’t have internal scales but that is a fantastic thing as you do not have to get it calibrated all the time. And tefal send you a starter welcome pack with digital scales in

• 27 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Versatile and High quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

As an enthusiastic baker but terrible cook I bought this as a method to make cooking whole meals easier. I have to say that it’s definitely made making risotto and dishes that require frequent stirring and blending easier and it makes the best potato mash. It takes a bit of getting used to and experimentation to work out how the different blades work. The cookbook that comes with it is okay but the Facebook community is a fantastic resource. Although it’s got an internal steamer basket this is small so not very useful I find for my family of four. Where I’ve found this product shines is when I’m baking- it’s very easy to convert mix and bake recipes such as brownies, hummingbird cake etc and it’s so quick and easy that I’ve not used my stand mixer since getting this. Buttercream icing is super easy because I don’t even need to sift the icing sugar as the blade just mixes everything so smoothly and the lid keeps everything contained. What I love is that I just have one bowl to clean and it’s very easy to clean- the centre just clicks out and it’s easy to clean the bowl. The lid also clicks into place so there’s no risk of contents exploding unlike other multifunction cookers. It has four separate blades which are removable and easy to clean. However sometimes bits of food can get stuck such as when making macaroni and cheese and the bottom can burn. I love this appliance and highly recommend it.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Almost Perfect, but....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I wish that for Slow Cooking mode had

- Temperature settings to be possible with 1 Celsius changes (57, 58, 59...), not current 5 Celsius changes (55, 60, 65, ...)
- Cooking Timer setting to be possible up to 6 Hours, not current 2 hours.

These would be so helpful for Sous-Vide Cooking.

• 2 questions
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Made me into a good cook.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I was never a natural or good cook. I really struggled in the kitchen. Now in my 50's I purchased this after seeing it demonstrated on TVSN. Must say I was still skeptical. Thought it wouldn't be used. I have had it less than a month and everything - EVERYTHING - I have made in it has been a success. So far I have successfully made:
- Soft white bread rolls
- Chettinad Chicken Curry
- Red Wine Lamb Shanks
- Sausage and egg filled breakfast pockets
- Danish pastries
- Savoury crepes
- Chicken, leek and sour cream pie
- Meatballs
- Sous Vide eggs and Hollandaise Sauce
- Lasagna
- White Chocolate and Coconut Slice
There are great facebook pages that share recipes and you can see some of what I have made in my blog [weblink removed]
I love this machine.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Mackay

Everyday appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

Purchased Tefal Kitchen cuisine to replace multiple appliances cluttering cupboards and couldn't be happier.
Researched and compared other similar appliances and for ease of use and variety of uses decided on this one.
Good size bowl , cleaning fuss free , spare bowl makes changing between dishes fast , slicing chopping and grating accessory a big asset as well as steaming extra accessory for larger serves. Recommend to anyone .

Mount Eliza

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

I love this machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

This is an excellent machine that I have had for nearly 12 months. It allows you to get rid of so many different appliances. I use it mostly for making different kinds of breads, baking (cakes, biscuits), pastry, steaming, curries and risottos. It has allowed me to regain my passion for cooking!
The only weakness i can find is that it s not great at finely grinding(almonds) or finally chopping a small amount of food (garlic) which is something I believe a thermomix does. Also, when I purchased the cuisine companion the external steamer and shredder were not included and they are very pricey extras.
There are plenty of recipes especially for the machine and it is easy to convert any thermomix recipes (I use skinnymixers)
This machine has helped me experiment with different cuisines for my family. It is dishwasher safe which makes for easy cleaning.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Very handy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Have only owned this for a couple of months but it is now coming in to its own, There are Facebook groups you can join that are worth their weight in gold as they answer any questions you may have. The recipe book that comes with it has been translated so not every thing in it works out but there are heaps online,. It's easy to clean and the interface especially easy to read (I have very poor eyesight) Unlike the thermomix you have to change blades but this makes some of the jobs it does heaps better because it has the proper tool to do it with. I can't afford one at present but highly recommend getting an extra bowl. Yesterday I made savoury muffins, butter cake and scones, this is the most I have baked in a day in my whole life and the scones were fantastic!

• 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Best appliance ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

I purchased this last April and use it almost daily. Love the way it cooks meals and does the stirring so I can do something else. Whizzes up baked treats in no time. Am now baking bread on a regular basis. Its extra large capacity is great for producing family sized meals. Love the attachments too, especially the slicer/shredder. By purchasing during a sale, was able to get both accessories and 4 yrs warranty for the normal purchase price, and do a 4 yr interest free purchase.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Brilliant Machine - just love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Having owned a Thermomix for some time, I found I was not using it much and the reason was I really didn't like it. I found it noisy and just hated scraping around the blades at the bottom of the bowl. I sold it and purchased a Tefal Cuisine Companion - best thing I ever did.
Since owning the Tefal (just before late December 2016) I have used it a lot. The more I use it, the more I want to use it. It is so quiet in running at full speed when it does soups. I was always scared to notch up the speed on the Thermie. It is also a steadier machine with very slight vibration in use (unlike the Thermie). I have found my soups come up thicker because of the brilliant chopping/pulsing of the soup programme.
If there is any downside at all - all I can say is I would like to adjust the end of programme beeper to a bit louder, it is a bit too quiet.
Very happy with this machine and now I have added the slicer/shredder.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good Machine. Different functions to competitors.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

I was debating whethet to get the competitor or the Tefal CC. I decided on the Tefal for the slow cooking function, the larger bowl and superior warranty. I was also concerned about the inbuilt scales on TM as I had heard they are quite temperamental. I have since also purchased the competitors machine due to the milling capacity the Tefal lacks. But saying that I have room on bench for both and each have different functionality. I love the slow cook function on Tefal CC.

Maitland, New South Wales

• 7 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

every kitchen should have one - I just love mine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Just love the ease of operation, the great range of recipes and the fact that they reliably turn out just like the pictures & taste great. The instruction book and recipe book are both very easy to follow. The appliance feels safe - the lid locks down securely and there is no risk of getting steam burns due to the clever design of the lid steam insert. Very easy to clean and assemble/disassemble. I chose this over the thermomix (I have 2 close friends who have one and I've seen one in use and had a go myself) as it feels sturdier, it has a clear lid so you can see the food while cooking, the steamer is a much more usable shape than the thermomix one and the drip tray works very well, and I can get support for any issues by taking it back to the store I bought it from rather than having to box it up and ship it somewhere at my cost. Recently did a cook-off with one of my friend's thermomix's and the Tefal cooks everything we tried just as well as the thermomix if not better. I found it was very easy to convert the thermomix recipes as well as some of my own long-standing recipes. I use it pretty much every night & am progressively getting rid of my soup-maker, pressure cooker, rice cooker etc. Recommend getting 2 bowls as have taken advantage of this a few times now & it saves time while cooking to not have to stop and wash up part-way through a multi-step meal. The external steamer is fabulous & works perfectly cooking over a sauce being prepared in the main bowl. Highly recommended to buy one - you'll love it!

Bayside, melbourne

• 5 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

The best purchase I have made in years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

Awesome for cooking just about everything! I love my Cusine Companion! Cooks pasta sauces with ease. Great if you need to cook quickly and if your working and looking after kids! It is also chops! Some of the cooking functions only cook for a certain cycle of time so if you are cooking larger batches of food take this into consideration as it will take longer! Its so easy to clean and really no hassle. I'm very happy with it and I think the price is very fair compared to the Thermomix. I think it's a better by and a better machine. We got some great offers with it when we purchased it. We paid extra for a longer guarantee

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Cooking made fun again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

This has made cooking fun and the tedious washing/cleaning up so easy after.

Partner and I decided to invest in the cuisine companion since our little one has been needing more time and attention.

Some prep, press a few buttons, leave it, (repeat when needed), voila.. meals ate served.

Washing is easy as everything except the spindles/clip are dishwasher friendly.

After getting past the pricey initial investment, the returns we gain ie. healthy cooked meals, time saved monitoring in the kitchen, this now seems like a no-brainer.

If you're finding that you're tied down on time, and have no time to be in the kitchen, then this is the answer.

Purchased at: The Good Guys