Lithgow

• 13 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

In my opinion the best tv box on the market, you can get all the streaming services on it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

This a very straight forward device to use, easy buttons on the remote,it is reliable as long as you internet, obviously you can record very easily using this box. You can get Netflix,Stan, YouTube and Foxtel now on it and other stations,even the radio, streams effortlessly,has a dedicated button for Netflix and Foxtel. I highly recommend Telstra TV.

adel

• 3 questions
  • 11 answers

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Telstra TV what crap this is

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

How can Telstra sell this for $196 out right? Chrome cast is only $50 if it was say $50 that would be ok, Telstra cannot get anything right as usual. They got rid of the Foxsports news app why?

The Kanopy app is impossible to activate on line and more adds on the catch up TV apps 7, 9, 10, and SBS
Yes it is easy to setup but that’s all
Telstra let me come and work for you.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Not worth the money!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

We are on to our THIRD REPLACEMENT BOX! Our first box was really messed up, it would infinitely reboot. we called up Telstra, they sent out a new box, 8/10 times, when you turn the tv on you would have to manually unplug the box from power, wait 20 seconds for it to reboot, and then watch what you want to watch. We called them up, got ANOTHER replacement. We still have the same issue to this day! Can't even do simple things like record. Waste of time and money!

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

no good with Kayo sports

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

trialled Kayo sports on Telstra Tv, useless no split screens, to hard to access Foxtel sport channels, sound out of sync. Kayo need a dedicated box for streaming. not happy ,have gone back to my IQ3 sports pack. not worth all the hype ., etc etc etc etc etc etc

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Telstra Roku TV Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

I am sitting here in fron of the TV and the test on my iPad says 43.8 mbps down and 18.3 up via Telstra NBN yet this useless Roku hardware says “poor”. Impossible to watch anything. Waste of money. The software not updated since Oct 2013. Now Dec 2018. Well supported !!! They don’t get it - if your network is good but hardware / software garbage the result is garbage.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Frustrating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Agree with the many reviews that have given Telstra tv one star. Every day when I try to use it another problem arises. No internet connection (when it’s working well on my iPad and mobile ), its stuck on kids, there’s an error, etc. I rang Telstra TV and told turn it off and on. Sometimes it worked, other times not. Rang again told to try it again. It worked, next day didn’t. Sometimes, in frustration, I end up watching the show on my iPad. Someone suggested trying chromecast which is another expensive. I’ve rarely had luck with Telstra over the years and I’m mad I got sucked in again being assured that ‘this time it’ll work). Never again.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

This device out of date technology, don't waste your money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Terrible design that it does not even have the volume and power buttons,
absolutely you get nothing extra when you want to use it with your smart tv,
your TV does more than what this device does maybe beneficial with nonsamart tv. Overall downside of it does not support or allow any other apps such Android apps particularly the internet browsing app! Waste of money! Disappointed

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Well at least Foxtel now has some good shows on it...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Had trouble from the start. The screen would flash on and off. Unplugged and started again. OK for awhile. Seems like it doesn't like hot days. Now I'm convinced Telstra don't want you to use free to air because I regularly get poor reception and full drop out of aerial connection - meanwhile the TV in the kitchen with rabbit ears antenna is going on fine at the same time...explain that one! Had it now for some time stuck with it. It's just no fun when you feel stuck with something inferior. Just added the date purchased - seems like I've been struggling with it for much longer than that.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Free Netflix for travellers..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

For anybody travelling in a van or staying in a hotel, or simply don’t have the internet on at home, you can simply plug in your Telstra TV and get Netflix etc, using your Iphone. All you need is a good data plan( I have 30 gig) and switch on your Hotspot in settings. It then gives you a wifi password etc. Netflix uses about 1 gig an hour. This works perfectly where is a good phone coverage. I’m not sure the telcos will like you knowing this but as you will now be able use all your phones data.

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

A poor relative of fetchtv

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Moved house, previous provider was not available...
Ordered bundle with Telstra TV (Oct-Nov 2018), and after setting up, discovered TTV has almost no content I want to watch...no recording or time-shift capability, and a number other disappointing features.
Box & remote try to be stylish, but not simple to use in the dark, no chunky buttons etc. Menus are mostly in the wrong places...
Will keep exploring, but very likely to look for a different device in the coming weeks.

December 24th 2018 Update: Very average

Poor user interface, slow, and a requirement to register online separately for most of the apps.
No antenna loop-through...
Did I mention you can’t record or time-shift.
Back to fetchtv for me.
The unit forgets where you were after timeout, and forward/reverse is jumpy.
Not good. As it’s part of a package subscription, i’ll leave it there for the cat to watch.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

A step backwards for Telstra

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Let me start by saying how much I loved the Telstra T box. What an amazing piece of technology. Pause, record, rewind. The truly value add features every viewer is looking for. The remote control was unstoppable. It could be hidden under 10ft of concrete and still work. When starting the t box it was super fast. Started in seconds. Super easy to navigate tv channels and check out what other shows were on whilst continuing to watch the current show. I was so happy.

Then Telstra discontinued the service replacing it with the “amazing” Roku powered Telstra Tv. What a disappointment. Clunky viewing experience. No...nothing...I mean no ability whatsoever to pause, records and rewind live tv. We travelled back in time. Telstra has introduced an inferior product. And the good part is they wanted to charge more! Sure there access to more apps and whatever but I have a smart TV and chrome cast. I can do all that stuff and more.

My favorite though, Telstra has obviously listened to customer feedback (maybe even my own) and added the ability to pause and rewind live tv on Telstra tv. But only in very limited conditions. It’s such a pitiful attempt to right the stupendous wrongs.

The remote control is also inferior. You need to be pointing that thing directly at the box or it won’t work.

Telstra has made a huge mistake. I’m locked in. I would thoroughly recommend avoiding Telstra tv if you’re considering your options. I’m pretty sure anything else would be better.

Telstra, you have failed.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Recording

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Telstra TV is used when nothing else is on paid tv
Advertisements of any nature are much louder than programs being viewed
Not all programs are on Telstra TV
There's no recording option
Navigation using the remote control is used but if unsure there is menu you can view on your television

Brisbane, QLD

• 12 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

over priced

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

1. No support to bluetooth headphone which is shame for parents who wanna catch up shows at night
2. Lack of keyboard which limits the ability of being more interactive.

Overall it does what it's designed for but could be better. add 50 bucks get an Apple TV full stop

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: May 2017

Getting better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Free to air is no longer viable. Having the option to watch movies even if they are not current without purchasing hard copies has finally come of age. I have had no issues and am enjoying the experience. Best thing would be not having to look to see what time my program comes on.

Sunbury, Vic

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Good product but overpriced.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

This Roku based device is easy to connect & set up & is quite intuitive to operate. An ideal addition to a non smart TV as it provides easy access to Foxtel, Netflix & regular TV playback channels. Streaming is fast & efficient with decent NBN & wi fi connection. Picture quality is good. We got this free when we renewed our Telstra bundle for NBN, so quite happy with that deal. That said, if paying for it the quoted price of $192 is not good value, as it should be cheaper. Reliable so far after 6 months use, so I'm pleased with the new Telstra TV.

Sydney

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Shoddy product, shoddy company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Received our Telstra TV box one week ago, the streaming is very slow and glitchy. Unplugged the box to set up a new tv unit and the HDMI entry point came loose so now he box doesn’t work. Telstra is insisting we buy a new box for $192, because that is their “process”. Back to Apple TV.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Alice Springs

• 14 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

How can you do this

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Telstra Roku streaming of Foxtel next useless. Rewind 30 minutes and you lose picture. Cannot record, some AFL games have ads during play...very limited service with no Essentials basic package like Foxtel. Rewind is blind, cannot see where you are up to.
If Netflix can provide excellent streaming service why can't useless TELSTRA ....Just go to foxtel.

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

A useless box if you have a smart TVs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

My $99 monthly “entertainment” bundle from Telstra came with a set top box (yes, yet another one to add to the Foxtel, DVD, Bose etc already there). What does the Telstra box provide in terms of the promised “entertainment”? Virtually nothing that my smart TVs do not.
All the useful apps such as Netflix, catchup channels, YouTube etc are on the TV already.
The Telstra box is so out of date and useless that Telstra’s marketing manager has a site – https://exchange.telstra.com.au/why-do-i-need-a-telstra-tv/ which is a whole page trying to persuade us about its wonders. Wish I’d read it before.
I waded through the marketing verbiage trying to find anything even vaguely useful about the Telstra box, apart from its ability to further track you and your preferences across apps (“Even less privacy! Sign me up!”). I found that the Telstra box is good, apparently because …. (wait for it) you can be billed for apps through Telstra, instead of separately through Netflix etc.
Even if you think this is a good idea (“Brilliant! I must get one now! Just what I’ve always needed and wanted to pay $100 a month for!”), just remember most Telstra call centres are in Asia, and you can spend wasted days in their call centre / chatline loops.
Above all, be aware the “entertainment” in your “entertainment bundle” Telstra box, does not include paid subscriptions e.g. to Netflix, except for a very buggy Foxtel app (see the other reviews of that -my experience is the same - don’t throw out your twenty - year old Foxtel box if you want to watch Foxtel properly.) Otherwise, it’s a useless bit of plastic.

Perth

• 5 helpful votes

Telstra you suck

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

$99 per month for Internet and Telstra tv. What a joke this service is constantly rebuffering and lagging, the bells and whistles that apparently come with it ..Foxtel, Netflix etc you still have to pay for and the set up is painful. The afl app doesn't mean you can watch live footy either.. You have to go through the torture of signing up whilst on dodgy crappy internet only having to fork out another $40 to Foxtel to watch the footy.
If you can call it 'watching'. Most of the time it was frozen and buffering with pixelated image and not keeping up with live tv AT ALL. Netflix also comes out with a dodgy picture. Painfully slow and frustrating.
Hey Telstra maybe check to which areas have the correct coverage to run your piece of crap.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Just Garbage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Although free with my internet plan, it is just very poor. Can't remove unwanted channels on free to air. Free to air slow to load, freezes, program info always behind time. Might make a good paper weight though. Just a frustrating experience in this day and age of technology. Just don't bother with it.

1 of 5 pages