Affordable luxury

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Stunning silk shirts at affordable prices. The quality is second to none and I was very pleased to learn of the ethical manufacturing process and the company’s values in general. The shirts are thick enough that I don’t need to layer up, yet breathable and light feeling as the weather begins to warm up. The cut is classic, the colours vibrant....a beautiful product. There was an initial mix up in receiving deep blue instead of royal blue, and Jessica was very helpful in letting me know my options for return. I ended up keeping the deep blue as it’s just as gorgeous. Thanks for a great shopping experience, and the shirts are true to size

Fable have nailed the t-shirt too!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I have several fable silk shirts and am a true convert - they are so easy to wear and travel with. I have just received my first t-shirt and am really pleased with the style fit and quality. Delivery was prompt and the packaging is just divine.

Ready to buy my second already

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I received my first True White last week and have already worn it 3 times. So comfortable and fuss free. Delivery was so quick.

Armhole frustration!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

I have two Fable shirts - one pre August and one from recent new stock Fable 2.0. Quality and sizing is great and fabric irons well but it is impossible to get a good ironed finish on the armholes due I think to French seam finish - the seam just doesn't want to sit flat and is quite puckered. The Fable 2.0 shirt was even harder to iron than previous. Can the French seam be reconsidered?

Love at first sight!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I just received my first The Fable shirt (blue steel) and I am already in love! Such a great product and I will be definitely buying more for my wardrobe! They feel amazingly soft and well made.

Effortlessly Cool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I bought the pink and black shirt- and get comments every time I wear them. They are so easy to throw on with anything and look so sexy and cool! Will definitely buy another.

Very disappointed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I was so excited to find these shirts online, and eagerly awaited the arrival of my "speckled egg" shirt. While it arrived very quickly and beautifully packaged, it was way too small compared to standard Australian clothing sizes, and was NOT the design I ordered. The quality was beautiful. Other reviews have mentioned to order "up" a size and I would absolutely agree. The company needs to amend its sizing to reflect the many customer reviewers who have written about the same issue.

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Beautiful Silk Shirt

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I ordered my shirt through The Iconic. I knew nothing of The Fable. The white shirt arrived promptly and was beautifully and thoughtfully packaged. The shirt was very well folded in a case wrapped with silk paper. It is important to me because it shows, the company cares about what they sell and what their customers think. They do not treat their clothes as disposable objects.
The shirt is beautifully made. I was a little disappointed by the silk at first but, I know there are lots of different kind of silk. I tried the shirt on and it fits perfectly. It looks gorgeous. The silk is soft and very comfortable to wear. I washed it and I will iron it as I liked how the shirt looked like when I first got it. I think that if you take care of those shirts they can last a long way. It is not a Fast Clothing Item and I like that it is ethical. As French say, it is a classic piece that never stays out of fashion.
Now, I have been looking at The Fable website and I will most definitely order other items. I am a size 12, I usually fit perfectly in M and 12 but, I ordered a L as I have strong shoulders and sometimes shirts would require a larger size. As per the bust I am between a 12D or F depending of the bra. I am 164 tall. The L fits me extremely well all over. It looks like it has been tailored for me.

Perfect wardrobe key pieces

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

The shirts are excellent ,made of good silk and the style is beautiful.They wash and wear very well.Delivery is prompt and the packaging beautiful.
What I particularly like about the style is that the sleeves fit beautifully due to the slim fit. The dual buttonholes on the cuff are also insightful.
I now have three shirts ,all neutrals.

Verified Customer

Great quality beautiful shirts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I purchased 2 of the gorgeous Fable silk shirts and must say they are lovely. The items come beautifully gift boxed and there was a beautiful welcome bonus to boot. If you are worried about sizing or between sizes I suggest sizing up.

• 23 helpful votes

Disappointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

I have to say, I was disappointed with these shirts. Having had them on my Wishlist for months, I finally took the plunge and bought two. Despite reading the measurements and checking them against other shirts I own and then ordering up a size to give a looser fit, I was extremely disappointed to find that when the shirts arrived they were too small. I would have thought that following the size guide, combined with ordering up a size would have guaranteed a good fit. Quality seemed different to the good quality silk pillowcases I own too????

Comments
The Fable Official

Hi Emma, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very helpful and appreciated. In regards to sizing, most of our customers find our shirts to be true to size as we c... read more »

Verified Customer

Perfect Silk Shirt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Really happy with this purchase. The quality is exceptional and the sizing and fit, is spot on!
This is a great, classic, investment piece. Can’t wait for egyptian sands to be back in stock.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thanks for sharing your feedback Catherine. Egyptian Sands will be back in stock mid August :)

The perfect silk shirt!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Absolutely love these shirts! Beautifully made, excellent quality and comfortable. Especially love that I don't have to iron them. Also a huge factor for me is that they have officially accreditation that they are ethically made.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for sharing your feedback Elle. This is great to hear. We hope you enjoy your shirts.

Beautiful quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

I received my first Fable silk shirt today. Beautiful packaging. The shirt is beautiful quality and very well made. The royal blue colour is gorgeous. It fits perfectly for a tailored look. I got a size small and I normally wear a size 10 and am 165cm tall. I think for a more casual look I would buy a medium next time. Will definitely buy another (or two or three)

Comments
The Fable Official

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to hear this. We hope you enjoy your shirt. :)

The Fable--definition--"a story with a moral"

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

A shirt of a. very high quality. I commend the quick attention to the order request, the excellant sizing and the prompt dispatch with the opening of the parcel revealing gorgeous wrapping and it all created a feeling of personnal service.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for sharing your experience Janet. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your shirt and the unwrapping process.

Love these shirts ! Perfect fit

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

This shirt lives up to its reviews ! The only comment I have is it would be great if they get some more colours/patterns. At the end of the transaction they offer a discount on a second shirt but it’s only on black or white. It would be great to open this up to the other colour options as I would have definetly got a second then!

Comments
The Fable Official

Thanks for sharing your feedback Lisa, great to hear you're liking our shirts. We have more shades and prints in the making for a Spring launch, along with a range of short sleeve silk t-shirts :)

Wow this company got it right! Love my new shirt!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

I am so happy to be able to write about The Fable! I received the most fabulous silk shirt. Quality fabulous, fit absolutely true to sizing chart. Service excellent and the most gorgeous packaging. They really have it all stitched up, such a refreshing change.

Comments
The Fable Official

We're so pleased to hear Kim. Thank you for sharing your experience. Enjoy your shirt :)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

A very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

I just got my beautifully packaged midnight black shirt. I'm a bit chesty, and some shirts gap or make me look too big all over. This has enough drape to flatter and it fits me really well. I will be ordering more very soon. Your Instagram says you will be getting silk t-shirts in soon, and I can't wait.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for sharing your experience Lynnie. We're so pleased to hear your enjoying your shirt and the fit works for you. We do have silk t-shirts launching soon, they will be available in Spring.

Exceptional product and company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

So appreciate this business making the effort to make sustainable and ethical clothing. The shirt is stunning and fabulous quality. Have already had compliments ! Keep up your incredible work The Fable!

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you Kelly. We're delighted to hear all of this. We hope you enjoy your shirt :)

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Surprise! The shirt is actally beautifully made and a perfect fit.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I ordered this silk shirt with some trepidation, but when I received it plus it’s beautiful packaging, I realised this was better than most.
This black, silk shirt is elegant, well made and a perfect fit.

Thank you to The Fable.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you Dee for your feedback. We're so pleased to hear our shirts are a good fit for you and that you enjoyed the packaging :)

1 of 6 pages