The perfect silk shirt!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have 3 of The Fable's beautiful shirts and highly recommend them! I feel really good and comfortable when I wear them and I get compliments every time. Thanks for making such a lovely product!

I am in love with this shirt!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I'm a lover of all things quality. This shirt is exceptional quality, is light and feels soooo beautiful on my skin. Most importantly, I feel amazing wearing it. Super stunning and now I want one of each colour!

Absolutely Beautiful feel want one of each

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Easy and precise online store.
Good selection of colours.
Very satisfied with quick service and exceptional presentation in post wrapping

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, we're so pleased you're enjoying your shirt. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Want 3 more

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

3 for the button up. 4 for the T-Shirt

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

I find the cut is not very generous around the hip. I had to go up a size but now it’s too generous in the shoulders. I wouldn’t even consider myself very hippy. I actually got my normal size in the T-shirt and it’s a much better fit. The packaging and delivery is excellent, even returns where fast. I would only recommend the TShirt and will probably purchase another as they are perfect for office wear.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review, your feedback is very useful and valued. We are always looking to make improvements to our product and have noted your comments regarding the hi... read more »

Perfect! Everything I hoped for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

Excellent quality and fit and really amazing and quick customer service when I changed my mind about the peint I chose. I am really really happy with this shirt and will definitely be starting a collection.

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful! We love hearing this. Thank you for sharing :)

Absolutely gorgeous excellent quality silk - perfectly made shirts.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I have been following The Fable on FB - reading reviews etc. The advice to size up for a looser fit helped. Would love a bright lime green and a red T shirt - tho I still have plenty of choice with colours as I have just begun!!

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you! We've noted your feedback for a lime green and red t-shirt. We love hearing feedback like this.

Affordable luxury

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Stunning silk shirts at affordable prices. The quality is second to none and I was very pleased to learn of the ethical manufacturing process and the company’s values in general. The shirts are thick enough that I don’t need to layer up, yet breathable and light feeling as the weather begins to warm up. The cut is classic, the colours vibrant....a beautiful product. There was an initial mix up in receiving deep blue instead of royal blue, and Jessica was very helpful in letting me know my options for return. I ended up keeping the deep blue as it’s just as gorgeous. Thanks for a great shopping experience, and the shirts are true to size

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful - thank you. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed the experience and are liking our shirts. :)

Fable have nailed the t-shirt too!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I have several fable silk shirts and am a true convert - they are so easy to wear and travel with. I have just received my first t-shirt and am really pleased with the style fit and quality. Delivery was prompt and the packaging is just divine.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear! We're so pleased you're enjoying your t-shirt as well. Thanks for sharing :)

Ready to buy my second already

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I received my first True White last week and have already worn it 3 times. So comfortable and fuss free. Delivery was so quick.

Comments
The Fable Official

Excellent! We're delighted to hear. We hope you are still getting alot of wear out of your shirt :)

Armhole frustration!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

I have two Fable shirts - one pre August and one from recent new stock Fable 2.0. Quality and sizing is great and fabric irons well but it is impossible to get a good ironed finish on the armholes due I think to French seam finish - the seam just doesn't want to sit flat and is quite puckered. The Fable 2.0 shirt was even harder to iron than previous. Can the French seam be reconsidered?

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback is very valued and we have noted your comments regarding the french seams. The reason we have chosen them is because they offer t... read more »

Love at first sight!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I just received my first The Fable shirt (blue steel) and I am already in love! Such a great product and I will be definitely buying more for my wardrobe! They feel amazingly soft and well made.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, thanks for sharing! We hope you're getting alot of good wear out of your shirt.

Effortlessly Cool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I bought the pink and black shirt- and get comments every time I wear them. They are so easy to throw on with anything and look so sexy and cool! Will definitely buy another.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you're enjoying your shirts.

Very disappointed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I was so excited to find these shirts online, and eagerly awaited the arrival of my "speckled egg" shirt. While it arrived very quickly and beautifully packaged, it was way too small compared to standard Australian clothing sizes, and was NOT the design I ordered. The quality was beautiful. Other reviews have mentioned to order "up" a size and I would absolutely agree. The company needs to amend its sizing to reflect the many customer reviewers who have written about the same issue.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback will be useful to others. Our shirt sizing is reflective of Australian standard sizing. We do advise sizing up if a customer is i... read more »

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Beautiful Silk Shirt

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I ordered my shirt through The Iconic. I knew nothing of The Fable. The white shirt arrived promptly and was beautifully and thoughtfully packaged. The shirt was very well folded in a case wrapped with silk paper. It is important to me because it shows, the company cares about what they sell and what their customers think. They do not treat their clothes as disposable objects.
The shirt is beautifully made. I was a little disappointed by the silk at first but, I know there are lots of different kind of silk. I tried the shirt on and it fits perfectly. It looks gorgeous. The silk is soft and very comfortable to wear. I washed it and I will iron it as I liked how the shirt looked like when I first got it. I think that if you take care of those shirts they can last a long way. It is not a Fast Clothing Item and I like that it is ethical. As French say, it is a classic piece that never stays out of fashion.
Now, I have been looking at The Fable website and I will most definitely order other items. I am a size 12, I usually fit perfectly in M and 12 but, I ordered a L as I have strong shoulders and sometimes shirts would require a larger size. As per the bust I am between a 12D or F depending of the bra. I am 164 tall. The L fits me extremely well all over. It looks like it has been tailored for me.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you very much for your feedback, we're really pleased to hear this. Thank you for your comments regarding sizing and washing, this will be useful to others. :)

Since my first purchased I have ordered two more shirts. One in pink and one in Royal blue. I do not usually wear pink but, I thought it would be a nice change. My skin has yellow undertones and I ... read more »

Perfect wardrobe key pieces

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

The shirts are excellent ,made of good silk and the style is beautiful.They wash and wear very well.Delivery is prompt and the packaging beautiful.
What I particularly like about the style is that the sleeves fit beautifully due to the slim fit. The dual buttonholes on the cuff are also insightful.
I now have three shirts ,all neutrals.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, thank you. We're so pleased you're enjoying your shirts. Thank you for your comments on the details, they will be useful to others :)

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Great quality beautiful shirts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I purchased 2 of the gorgeous Fable silk shirts and must say they are lovely. The items come beautifully gift boxed and there was a beautiful welcome bonus to boot. If you are worried about sizing or between sizes I suggest sizing up.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback regarding sizing will be useful to others thank you.

• 23 helpful votes

Disappointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

I have to say, I was disappointed with these shirts. Having had them on my Wishlist for months, I finally took the plunge and bought two. Despite reading the measurements and checking them against other shirts I own and then ordering up a size to give a looser fit, I was extremely disappointed to find that when the shirts arrived they were too small. I would have thought that following the size guide, combined with ordering up a size would have guaranteed a good fit. Quality seemed different to the good quality silk pillowcases I own too????

Comments
The Fable Official

Hi Emma, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very helpful and appreciated. In regards to sizing, most of our customers find our shirts to be true to size as we c... read more »

Verified Customer

Perfect Silk Shirt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Really happy with this purchase. The quality is exceptional and the sizing and fit, is spot on!
This is a great, classic, investment piece. Can’t wait for egyptian sands to be back in stock.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thanks for sharing your feedback Catherine. Egyptian Sands will be back in stock mid August :)

The perfect silk shirt!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Absolutely love these shirts! Beautifully made, excellent quality and comfortable. Especially love that I don't have to iron them. Also a huge factor for me is that they have officially accreditation that they are ethically made.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for sharing your feedback Elle. This is great to hear. We hope you enjoy your shirts.

Beautiful quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

I received my first Fable silk shirt today. Beautiful packaging. The shirt is beautiful quality and very well made. The royal blue colour is gorgeous. It fits perfectly for a tailored look. I got a size small and I normally wear a size 10 and am 165cm tall. I think for a more casual look I would buy a medium next time. Will definitely buy another (or two or three)

Comments
The Fable Official

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to hear this. We hope you enjoy your shirt. :)

1 of 6 pages