Verified Customer

Never looked good in a shirt until now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I have never, in all of my 34 years of life, looked good in a shirt. I have a large bust and stomach and am small everywhere else -- this makes 100% of shirts I've tried so far look frumpy on me. I have honestly tried everything, including shirts specially made for women with large busts, with no success.

My Fable shirt arrived today. I immediately fell in love with the gorgeous fabric, but STILL thought I would be disappointed with the way it fit me. But when I put it on, I couldn't believe it -- it draped so beautifully across my chest and stomach, but fit perfectly in the arms and across the shoulders -- it made me look so elegant!! I'll definitely be coming back for more. Thank you, The Fable!!!

Adelaide

Transparency is an issue

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

While this is a very pretty top, overall I am disappointed. I bought the top for work wear as the product description definitively states that this shirt is not transparent and a bra is not visible. This is incorrect. It is so transparent that I feel uncomfortable wearing it at work without a jacket. The sizing also runs small and the fabric is clingy. I think both the transparency and clinginess could be fixed by using a better quality silk. I expect better for the price and would not be inclined to make another purchase unless these issues are addressed. At the very least the product description stating the top is not transparent should be amended as it is misleading.

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

NOT true to size, although great quality and service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I am generally a 14-16 shirt in brands such as Sportscraft, David Lawrence, Veronika Maine, Trenery, Country Road, Witchery, Boden, etc.. I have silk shirts from all of these brands, as well as linen, cotton etc. The fit in the other brands is good, though in a couple, because of button placement, I have some gape issues at the bust which is easily fixed with double sided tape.

I had read so much about the quality of the Fable shirts and service, I decided to take advantage of a recent sale and purchase 3 shirts. I measured my shirts from other brands and decided to purchase 3 shirts in XL.

The shirts arrived promptly and were packaged beautifully. They came with a sample card of all of the fabric swatches, which is great as it takes the guess work out of future purchases when it comes to picking colours. The quality of the silk and workmanship is better than most of my other shirts from the above mentioned brands. I was eager to wear them! Until...

I tried a shirt on and it fit generously in the arms, shoulders and bust. These are areas that are hard to fit for me and I generally have to size up to fit these problem areas and tailor a shirt by adding darts to make it more fitted in the body and hips if it looks too big in the trunk, and it is why I decided to size up to the XL in this shirt. Unfortunately when it came to doing up the last button at the bottom of the shirt I knew I had to send t back - it was too tight. My hips measure the same as my bust, so I was really shocked and disappointed the shirt didn’t fit and was too tight in this area - especially given the fit in other brand shirts I own.

I decided to compare measurements of the Fable shirt with the Boden shirts I own (Boden run small compared to Australian brands). I measured both shirts laid flat on a table and compared the measurements between shirts, and the measurements on the website. I realised the shirt measurements on the website are done with the shirts held taught - which means they can get an extra few CM of measurement out of the shirt. The thing is, most people don’t wear their shirts this way or measure them this way. If I don’t stretch my current shirts and hold them tight when I measure them, they’re the same size, give or take a cm.

I am considering sizing up to XXL - which is 1-2 sizes bigger than my regular size in other brands. I don’t believe these shirts are true to size as the brand keeps insisting. When other people have raised the issue of sizing they say it is the standard size in Australia, but judging by the brands mentioned above - which are all Australian, except for Boden - the sizing at the Fable is NOT consistent with the sizing of brands people are more familiar with and would use as a yardstick for sizing.

Unfortunately for me, I don’t think the XXL will fit and I’ll most likely end up getting a full refund. It is such a shame more sizing and styles aren’t offered, but I understand that in order to keep the business successful they would only sell what they know they can shift and not introduce too much into their product line (I’d do the same thing - introducing other styles and sizes is what has ruined a lot of other boutique Australian brands, and they may only be able to get a shirt made in runs of 10,000 or so, and it may not be economically viable to get larger shirts made). Still SO frustrating though! I wanted to love these shirts and if they fit I’d be buying 2 in every colour.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Be careful these clothes are very small

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

I have nothing over size 14 in my wardrobe and many items are smaller. I read the sizing carefully and ordered XL and am so glad I did. The shirt & top do fit me, but they wouldn't need to be a fraction smaller.
The quality is good. Regarding the packaging, it is lovely, however I would have expected the items to be ironed, they were very creased. i have just spent a long time ironing them. I haven't worn them yet, but they now look lovely.

Comments
The Fable Official

Hi Heather, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're so pleased to hear you've enjoyed our product quality and packaging. We've noted your feedback regarding the creases. We do ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Size comfort excellent but shirt is see through bra is visible

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Galaxy shirt.
Lovely fit and feel.
However description clearly states it is not transparent and bra wont show. This is inaccurate.

Comments
The Fable Official

Hi Tania, thank you for sharing this review. We're pleased to hear you're enjoying the fit and feel of our shirts. We have updated our web site as a result of your feedback regarding the transpar... read more »

Thanks for acting on the feedback. Also thanks for offering full refund of purchase price and postage.

So comfy, that you can't leave home without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I am on to my 7th shirt all purchased within 3 months. Comfy and doesn't require ironing, comes in a lovely package too. Id love to know how to get rid of grease/oil stains on your silk shirts, if there is a FAQ somewhere.

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful - we're so pleased to hear. Thank you for sharing this review Kim. In regards to grease / oil stains, depending on how bad they are we would probably recommend taking them to the dry cl... read more »

The perfect silk shirt!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have 3 of The Fable's beautiful shirts and highly recommend them! I feel really good and comfortable when I wear them and I get compliments every time. Thanks for making such a lovely product!

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful - we're delighted to hear. Thanks for sharing this review. Enjoy your shirts :)

I am in love with this shirt!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I'm a lover of all things quality. This shirt is exceptional quality, is light and feels soooo beautiful on my skin. Most importantly, I feel amazing wearing it. Super stunning and now I want one of each colour!

Comments
The Fable Official

We're so pleased to hear this. Thank you for sharing your feedback Elle. We hope you enjoy your shirt :)

Absolutely Beautiful feel want one of each

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Easy and precise online store.
Good selection of colours.
Very satisfied with quick service and exceptional presentation in post wrapping

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, we're so pleased you're enjoying your shirt. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Want 3 more

Brisbane

• 1 answer

3 for the button up. 4 for the T-Shirt

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

I find the cut is not very generous around the hip. I had to go up a size but now it’s too generous in the shoulders. I wouldn’t even consider myself very hippy. I actually got my normal size in the T-shirt and it’s a much better fit. The packaging and delivery is excellent, even returns where fast. I would only recommend the TShirt and will probably purchase another as they are perfect for office wear.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review, your feedback is very useful and valued. We are always looking to make improvements to our product and have noted your comments regarding the hi... read more »

Perfect! Everything I hoped for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

Excellent quality and fit and really amazing and quick customer service when I changed my mind about the peint I chose. I am really really happy with this shirt and will definitely be starting a collection.

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful! We love hearing this. Thank you for sharing :)

Absolutely gorgeous excellent quality silk - perfectly made shirts.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I have been following The Fable on FB - reading reviews etc. The advice to size up for a looser fit helped. Would love a bright lime green and a red T shirt - tho I still have plenty of choice with colours as I have just begun!!

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you! We've noted your feedback for a lime green and red t-shirt. We love hearing feedback like this.

Affordable luxury

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Stunning silk shirts at affordable prices. The quality is second to none and I was very pleased to learn of the ethical manufacturing process and the company’s values in general. The shirts are thick enough that I don’t need to layer up, yet breathable and light feeling as the weather begins to warm up. The cut is classic, the colours vibrant....a beautiful product. There was an initial mix up in receiving deep blue instead of royal blue, and Jessica was very helpful in letting me know my options for return. I ended up keeping the deep blue as it’s just as gorgeous. Thanks for a great shopping experience, and the shirts are true to size

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful - thank you. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed the experience and are liking our shirts. :)

Fable have nailed the t-shirt too!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I have several fable silk shirts and am a true convert - they are so easy to wear and travel with. I have just received my first t-shirt and am really pleased with the style fit and quality. Delivery was prompt and the packaging is just divine.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear! We're so pleased you're enjoying your t-shirt as well. Thanks for sharing :)

Ready to buy my second already

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I received my first True White last week and have already worn it 3 times. So comfortable and fuss free. Delivery was so quick.

Comments
The Fable Official

Excellent! We're delighted to hear. We hope you are still getting alot of wear out of your shirt :)

Armhole frustration!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

I have two Fable shirts - one pre August and one from recent new stock Fable 2.0. Quality and sizing is great and fabric irons well but it is impossible to get a good ironed finish on the armholes due I think to French seam finish - the seam just doesn't want to sit flat and is quite puckered. The Fable 2.0 shirt was even harder to iron than previous. Can the French seam be reconsidered?

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback is very valued and we have noted your comments regarding the french seams. The reason we have chosen them is because they offer t... read more »

Love at first sight!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I just received my first The Fable shirt (blue steel) and I am already in love! Such a great product and I will be definitely buying more for my wardrobe! They feel amazingly soft and well made.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, thanks for sharing! We hope you're getting alot of good wear out of your shirt.

Effortlessly Cool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I bought the pink and black shirt- and get comments every time I wear them. They are so easy to throw on with anything and look so sexy and cool! Will definitely buy another.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you're enjoying your shirts.

Very disappointed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I was so excited to find these shirts online, and eagerly awaited the arrival of my "speckled egg" shirt. While it arrived very quickly and beautifully packaged, it was way too small compared to standard Australian clothing sizes, and was NOT the design I ordered. The quality was beautiful. Other reviews have mentioned to order "up" a size and I would absolutely agree. The company needs to amend its sizing to reflect the many customer reviewers who have written about the same issue.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback will be useful to others. Our shirt sizing is reflective of Australian standard sizing. We do advise sizing up if a customer is i... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Beautiful Silk Shirt

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I ordered my shirt through The Iconic. I knew nothing of The Fable. The white shirt arrived promptly and was beautifully and thoughtfully packaged. The shirt was very well folded in a case wrapped with silk paper. It is important to me because it shows, the company cares about what they sell and what their customers think. They do not treat their clothes as disposable objects.
The shirt is beautifully made. I was a little disappointed by the silk at first but, I know there are lots of different kind of silk. I tried the shirt on and it fits perfectly. It looks gorgeous. The silk is soft and very comfortable to wear. I washed it and I will iron it as I liked how the shirt looked like when I first got it. I think that if you take care of those shirts they can last a long way. It is not a Fast Clothing Item and I like that it is ethical. As French say, it is a classic piece that never stays out of fashion.
Now, I have been looking at The Fable website and I will most definitely order other items. I am a size 12, I usually fit perfectly in M and 12 but, I ordered a L as I have strong shoulders and sometimes shirts would require a larger size. As per the bust I am between a 12D or F depending of the bra. I am 164 tall. The L fits me extremely well all over. It looks like it has been tailored for me.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you very much for your feedback, we're really pleased to hear this. Thank you for your comments regarding sizing and washing, this will be useful to others. :)

Since my first purchased I have ordered two more shirts. One in pink and one in Royal blue. I do not usually wear pink but, I thought it would be a nice change. My skin has yellow undertones and I ... read more »

1 of 6 pages