Adelaide

Transparency is an issue

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

While this is a very pretty top, overall I am disappointed. I bought the top for work wear as the product description definitively states that this shirt is not transparent and a bra is not visible. This is incorrect. It is so transparent that I feel uncomfortable wearing it at work without a jacket. The sizing also runs small and the fabric is clingy. I think both the transparency and clinginess could be fixed by using a better quality silk. I expect better for the price and would not be inclined to make another purchase unless these issues are addressed. At the very least the product description stating the top is not transparent should be amended as it is misleading.

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

NOT true to size, although great quality and service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I am generally a 14-16 shirt in brands such as Sportscraft, David Lawrence, Veronika Maine, Trenery, Country Road, Witchery, Boden, etc.. I have silk shirts from all of these brands, as well as linen, cotton etc. The fit in the other brands is good, though in a couple, because of button placement, I have some gape issues at the bust which is easily fixed with double sided tape.

I had read so much about the quality of the Fable shirts and service, I decided to take advantage of a recent sale and purchase 3 shirts. I measured my shirts from other brands and decided to purchase 3 shirts in XL.

The shirts arrived promptly and were packaged beautifully. They came with a sample card of all of the fabric swatches, which is great as it takes the guess work out of future purchases when it comes to picking colours. The quality of the silk and workmanship is better than most of my other shirts from the above mentioned brands. I was eager to wear them! Until...

I tried a shirt on and it fit generously in the arms, shoulders and bust. These are areas that are hard to fit for me and I generally have to size up to fit these problem areas and tailor a shirt by adding darts to make it more fitted in the body and hips if it looks too big in the trunk, and it is why I decided to size up to the XL in this shirt. Unfortunately when it came to doing up the last button at the bottom of the shirt I knew I had to send t back - it was too tight. My hips measure the same as my bust, so I was really shocked and disappointed the shirt didn’t fit and was too tight in this area - especially given the fit in other brand shirts I own.

I decided to compare measurements of the Fable shirt with the Boden shirts I own (Boden run small compared to Australian brands). I measured both shirts laid flat on a table and compared the measurements between shirts, and the measurements on the website. I realised the shirt measurements on the website are done with the shirts held taught - which means they can get an extra few CM of measurement out of the shirt. The thing is, most people don’t wear their shirts this way or measure them this way. If I don’t stretch my current shirts and hold them tight when I measure them, they’re the same size, give or take a cm.

I am considering sizing up to XXL - which is 1-2 sizes bigger than my regular size in other brands. I don’t believe these shirts are true to size as the brand keeps insisting. When other people have raised the issue of sizing they say it is the standard size in Australia, but judging by the brands mentioned above - which are all Australian, except for Boden - the sizing at the Fable is NOT consistent with the sizing of brands people are more familiar with and would use as a yardstick for sizing.

Unfortunately for me, I don’t think the XXL will fit and I’ll most likely end up getting a full refund. It is such a shame more sizing and styles aren’t offered, but I understand that in order to keep the business successful they would only sell what they know they can shift and not introduce too much into their product line (I’d do the same thing - introducing other styles and sizes is what has ruined a lot of other boutique Australian brands, and they may only be able to get a shirt made in runs of 10,000 or so, and it may not be economically viable to get larger shirts made). Still SO frustrating though! I wanted to love these shirts and if they fit I’d be buying 2 in every colour.

Brisbane

• 1 answer

3 for the button up. 4 for the T-Shirt

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

I find the cut is not very generous around the hip. I had to go up a size but now it’s too generous in the shoulders. I wouldn’t even consider myself very hippy. I actually got my normal size in the T-shirt and it’s a much better fit. The packaging and delivery is excellent, even returns where fast. I would only recommend the TShirt and will probably purchase another as they are perfect for office wear.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review, your feedback is very useful and valued. We are always looking to make improvements to our product and have noted your comments regarding the hi... read more »

Very disappointed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I was so excited to find these shirts online, and eagerly awaited the arrival of my "speckled egg" shirt. While it arrived very quickly and beautifully packaged, it was way too small compared to standard Australian clothing sizes, and was NOT the design I ordered. The quality was beautiful. Other reviews have mentioned to order "up" a size and I would absolutely agree. The company needs to amend its sizing to reflect the many customer reviewers who have written about the same issue.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback will be useful to others. Our shirt sizing is reflective of Australian standard sizing. We do advise sizing up if a customer is i... read more »

• 24 helpful votes

Disappointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

I have to say, I was disappointed with these shirts. Having had them on my Wishlist for months, I finally took the plunge and bought two. Despite reading the measurements and checking them against other shirts I own and then ordering up a size to give a looser fit, I was extremely disappointed to find that when the shirts arrived they were too small. I would have thought that following the size guide, combined with ordering up a size would have guaranteed a good fit. Quality seemed different to the good quality silk pillowcases I own too????

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Fable Official

Hi Emma, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very helpful and appreciated. In regards to sizing, most of our customers find our shirts to be true to size as we c... read more »

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent service but please don't cut on quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Received my shirt this week, which arrived super fast, thank you! The shirt fits well but the quality of silk is not the same as it used to be. I own a couple of shirts from older collections, which were made in India, and their quality is exceptional! The new one, which was made in China according to the label, is much thinner and creases easily. I washed it together with my old one and the old one came out silky smooth, almost dry and no creases. The new one felt stiff after washing and was badly creased. Please do not compromise on quality!

Comments
The Fable Official

Hello Elena, thank you for writing this review. We are pleased to hear the shirt is a good fit and you are happy with the service. You are correct in noting that there is a difference in the silk... read more »

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Be careful these clothes are very small

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

I have nothing over size 14 in my wardrobe and many items are smaller. I read the sizing carefully and ordered XL and am so glad I did. The shirt & top do fit me, but they wouldn't need to be a fraction smaller.
The quality is good. Regarding the packaging, it is lovely, however I would have expected the items to be ironed, they were very creased. i have just spent a long time ironing them. I haven't worn them yet, but they now look lovely.

Comments
The Fable Official

Hi Heather, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're so pleased to hear you've enjoyed our product quality and packaging. We've noted your feedback regarding the creases. We do ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Size comfort excellent but shirt is see through bra is visible

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Galaxy shirt.
Lovely fit and feel.
However description clearly states it is not transparent and bra wont show. This is inaccurate.

Comments
The Fable Official

Hi Tania, thank you for sharing this review. We're pleased to hear you're enjoying the fit and feel of our shirts. We have updated our web site as a result of your feedback regarding the transpar... read more »

Thanks for acting on the feedback. Also thanks for offering full refund of purchase price and postage.

Armhole frustration!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

I have two Fable shirts - one pre August and one from recent new stock Fable 2.0. Quality and sizing is great and fabric irons well but it is impossible to get a good ironed finish on the armholes due I think to French seam finish - the seam just doesn't want to sit flat and is quite puckered. The Fable 2.0 shirt was even harder to iron than previous. Can the French seam be reconsidered?

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your feedback is very valued and we have noted your comments regarding the french seams. The reason we have chosen them is because they offer t... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Beautiful Silk Shirt

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I ordered my shirt through The Iconic. I knew nothing of The Fable. The white shirt arrived promptly and was beautifully and thoughtfully packaged. The shirt was very well folded in a case wrapped with silk paper. It is important to me because it shows, the company cares about what they sell and what their customers think. They do not treat their clothes as disposable objects.
The shirt is beautifully made. I was a little disappointed by the silk at first but, I know there are lots of different kind of silk. I tried the shirt on and it fits perfectly. It looks gorgeous. The silk is soft and very comfortable to wear. I washed it and I will iron it as I liked how the shirt looked like when I first got it. I think that if you take care of those shirts they can last a long way. It is not a Fast Clothing Item and I like that it is ethical. As French say, it is a classic piece that never stays out of fashion.
Now, I have been looking at The Fable website and I will most definitely order other items. I am a size 12, I usually fit perfectly in M and 12 but, I ordered a L as I have strong shoulders and sometimes shirts would require a larger size. As per the bust I am between a 12D or F depending of the bra. I am 164 tall. The L fits me extremely well all over. It looks like it has been tailored for me.

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you very much for your feedback, we're really pleased to hear this. Thank you for your comments regarding sizing and washing, this will be useful to others. :)

Since my first purchased I have ordered two more shirts. One in pink and one in Royal blue. I do not usually wear pink but, I thought it would be a nice change. My skin has yellow undertones and I ... read more »

Perfect wardrobe key pieces

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

The shirts are excellent ,made of good silk and the style is beautiful.They wash and wear very well.Delivery is prompt and the packaging beautiful.
What I particularly like about the style is that the sleeves fit beautifully due to the slim fit. The dual buttonholes on the cuff are also insightful.
I now have three shirts ,all neutrals.

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, thank you. We're so pleased you're enjoying your shirts. Thank you for your comments on the details, they will be useful to others :)

Love the new patterns but not perfect for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

I already own a size S in the old/discontinued sleeveless style (still sad that you’re not making sleeveless anymore!) and I love it but I could tell if it had sleeves the shoulders wouldn’t sit right. So when the new styles came out I ordered 2 long sleeves in a size M. (For reference I am usually a size 10 in shirts but I am tall and have a 12C chest). They arrived today!! The sleeves are just right but now it’s a little baggy around the middle. I think that the new material feels more polyester-y than the previous style and the bottom button ends way too high - it’s above the waist band height of anything that’s not a full high waisted pant, so I have these long flaps of shirt at the bottom. Guess I’ll just always have to tuck them in. They are super wrinkly out of the packaging but I’m hoping it will smooth out in the wash (although your product description says crease-resistant)... Just doesn’t quite feel right for the price.

Comments
The Fable Official

Hello Kerry, thank you very much for writing this review. Your feedback is valued and helpful. The two shirts you ordered were from our new range, The Fable 2.O Collection. The fabric is now a ... read more »

I'm a convert

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Great overall experience at The Fable. I'd been eyeing off their shirts for a while and sent my details through straight away when I saw they offered samples of the fabric/colours.
I received my shirts yesterday (ordered last Friday) and the packaging is so beautiful and delicate, I didn't think there were two shirts in the box! I tried them on straight away and I've never had such well fitting shirts. I'll definitely be getting a lot of wear out of them.
Best customer service I've experience in quite a white - thankyou Sophie!! I'm sure I'll be back soon xx

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you for the feedback. Great to hear you enjoyed The Fable experience! We hope you get great wear out of your two shirts.

Verified Customer

Never looked good in a shirt until now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I have never, in all of my 34 years of life, looked good in a shirt. I have a large bust and stomach and am small everywhere else -- this makes 100% of shirts I've tried so far look frumpy on me. I have honestly tried everything, including shirts specially made for women with large busts, with no success.

My Fable shirt arrived today. I immediately fell in love with the gorgeous fabric, but STILL thought I would be disappointed with the way it fit me. But when I put it on, I couldn't believe it -- it draped so beautifully across my chest and stomach, but fit perfectly in the arms and across the shoulders -- it made me look so elegant!! I'll definitely be coming back for more. Thank you, The Fable!!!

So comfy, that you can't leave home without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I am on to my 7th shirt all purchased within 3 months. Comfy and doesn't require ironing, comes in a lovely package too. Id love to know how to get rid of grease/oil stains on your silk shirts, if there is a FAQ somewhere.

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful - we're so pleased to hear. Thank you for sharing this review Kim. In regards to grease / oil stains, depending on how bad they are we would probably recommend taking them to the dry cl... read more »

The perfect silk shirt!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have 3 of The Fable's beautiful shirts and highly recommend them! I feel really good and comfortable when I wear them and I get compliments every time. Thanks for making such a lovely product!

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful - we're delighted to hear. Thanks for sharing this review. Enjoy your shirts :)

I am in love with this shirt!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I'm a lover of all things quality. This shirt is exceptional quality, is light and feels soooo beautiful on my skin. Most importantly, I feel amazing wearing it. Super stunning and now I want one of each colour!

Comments
The Fable Official

We're so pleased to hear this. Thank you for sharing your feedback Elle. We hope you enjoy your shirt :)

Absolutely Beautiful feel want one of each

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Easy and precise online store.
Good selection of colours.
Very satisfied with quick service and exceptional presentation in post wrapping

Comments
The Fable Official

Great to hear, we're so pleased you're enjoying your shirt. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Want 3 more

Perfect! Everything I hoped for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

Excellent quality and fit and really amazing and quick customer service when I changed my mind about the peint I chose. I am really really happy with this shirt and will definitely be starting a collection.

Comments
The Fable Official

Wonderful! We love hearing this. Thank you for sharing :)

Absolutely gorgeous excellent quality silk - perfectly made shirts.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I have been following The Fable on FB - reading reviews etc. The advice to size up for a looser fit helped. Would love a bright lime green and a red T shirt - tho I still have plenty of choice with colours as I have just begun!!

Comments
The Fable Official

Thank you! We've noted your feedback for a lime green and red t-shirt. We love hearing feedback like this.

1 of 6 pages