Notice to reviewers: The Good Guys Kitchens has recently rebranded to Kinsman Kitchens. To read the reviews on Kinsman Kitchens, please click here.

Not happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Not happy at all with our decision to go with Good Guys kitchens - all milk and honey at the beginning and then you are at the mercy of each tradesperson - no one takes responsibility- they say the installer is expected to oversee the other trades but he really does not - he provides the contact and we have to do the chasing. No one bothers to come around to even see if the job has been completed as per the design or make an inspection of the completed project. I mentioned this in my final survey report but no one even bothered to call me. They are very rigid and no cooling off period. We went to them as we thought - great! All in one! But basically you are left alone chasing individuals- bad experience with Stone people too - visible joints.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Astonishing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

11 weeks. No kitchen. Tenants pulled out of rental agreement. Who could blame them. Cancelled contract with supplier. Tried to, illegally, hit me up for $800 cancellation fee. Astonishing! An organization at war with itself. Sales, design and manufacturing blaming each other for the failures of their internal culture and who are openly contemptuous of their customers. Sadly, from my experience, a fairly standard Australian management model.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

So far so good, enjoying the kitchen.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

The kitchen is very nice and we really like it. Our only negative was waiting for missing or damaged parts to be delivered too long after the first installation. This caused us to wait for the complete kitchen and have more days off work for the missing parts to be installed.

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Bad customer service, terrible product availability, average quality. Basically you get much less fo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Unfortunately I walked into Goodguys one day and I thought to myself they have %20 off their kitchens and free design, I should give it a go. I have done ikea kitchen in the past and many DIY jobs around the house so I consider myself a very capable DIYer.

The designer was ok, did some rough measurements (simple layout) and had few good points. After a few hours at the house I got the pressure sale and was told the price is only the same if I sign up on the spot (why not telling me before and wasting 4 hours of my time). I didn’t as same layout would have cost me half of the price even after their %20 off from ikea. Their point of sale was that everyone else is rubbish and their products is made in Australia and of superior quality.

The next day I was contacted by a manager who offered me additional %10 discount and even though price was more than ikea, I thought I would give it a go. They were kind of nice to this point.

On the morning to sign the contract the designer was extremely rude and when I asked two questions she refused to answer and said I can make changes on the day the measurements are done. She was busy and had to go even though she booked the time with us. The measurer was worse than the designer and wanted to give me a cabinet over the fridge which was 10cm higher than the rest of the cabinet and when I refused I was told I am fussy.

They advised me of making a few changes which I ended up having to spend a few hundred dollars at Bunnings, ikea and Aussiecut to custom build and fix those issues. They have sent me wrong parts and they are advising me of leaving gaps where I shouldn’t have and they have made so many mistakes in the parts they sent me.
After sale customer service is horrible. They say they come back to you within 24 hours on their online portal and you are lucky if they notice you within a week. They never apologise or care for the mistakes they made and never try to help you.

They quality of the cabinets is okish but the horrible customer service which has left me with an unfinished kitchen after few months is beyond ridiculous.

I would never recommend them to friends maybe some enemies but do yourself a favour, save a few grand and go elsewhere.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Top notch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

We are extremely happy with our new kitchen. Extremely function! I would recommend your company to my family and friends.

Private message

Wish I had read these reviews first!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Worst experience ever! Wish I had seen these reviews before we decided to get outlet kitchen done with them. Terrible customer service and were very rude on the phone. 18months later and the kitchen is still not finished. They set you up with a trade company to install the kitchen then take no responsibility when the job is not complete. Wish I could have given 0 stars. Would recommend to go elsewhere for a kitchen.

Private message

Terrible, horrible, don’t go with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

From measuring to installation, everything was wrong, after the installation the cabinets measurements was wrong, no customer service, no one know what is happening. Don’t give your money to them, go somewhere ey

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Do not use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Any savings made by using this company are gone when the kitchen arrived damaged and with parts missing. I have now been waiting an additional 4 weeks for my kitchen to be completed and I still haven't been given a date. I have a number of trades now on hold until the kitchen has been installed. Very Disappointed. Lots of apologies but no action. Use a local company that you can deal with face to face. I trusted the association with the Good Guys. What a mistake.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

I was ripped off too with the supposed cancellation fee of $897. For what?!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

In March 2013, Canberra Fyshwick store had an opening of Good Guys Kitchens. I stupidly paid $2000 to keep approx 4.6 metres of white Silestone at their introductory cost. Since then, I have tried numerous times to get that deposit back but never had a response of any sort, despite all the promises that a manager will call me. I then chased the money through their complaints site on their webpage. I was dealing with another fellow who seemed helpful - until I asked why I was only refunded $899. I had never commissioned a kitchen, just holding price on the granite. They have stolen $897 saying it was a cancellation fee?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Syndey

Horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

The initial meet and design was great but we have now gone 10 weeks without a kitchen. It is one mistake after another, plans were changed without notice, cupboards installed not to the plan so appliances didn't fit, they have no interest in helping because they demand 100% payment before installation. When they did come out to fix things, it was a poor attempt. The end price was thousands over the quote and the job over all is poorly done. The product seems to be good quality (time will tell) but the stress and hassle of it all is not worth it. Go somewhere else. They seem organised at first but its all down hill after you sign up.

Maryborough

• 1 comment

Not all reviews are bad

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

I didn't read the reviews on this company until after I signed up. I admit to sweating a bit until the job was completed. My problem though. My situation was that I needed a new kitchen ASAP. The property I purchased had a kitchen with 2 cupboards and a set of drawers. I was only ever going to get one quote. I had a rough idea of what it would cost and I cannot handle shopping around very much at all. I was therefore prepared to sign up on the spot if my expectations were met. This I did at The Good Guys, Helensvale, Qld. I went there with measurements, photographs and a design and the desire to Nike. Just Do It. Less than 2 hours later, I had the plan, the costings and had organised purchase of discounted electrical appliances (ceramic cooktop, wall oven, range hood) from the Good Guys. Good Guys staff member who I dealt with was very knowledgeable and caused me to rethink the selections I had made and change them accordingly. Came delivery day and several cartons had sustained damage. It was minor damage to components on a protected pallet and had occurred before Grace, collected the kitchen for delivery. It was then I realised that Freedom is also involved with this company and The Good Guys. I photographed all the damage and reported it via the online messaging system. This process only allows one photo at a time so it took a while. I was met with deafening silence. No answer came the stern response. After several days I became angry that my messages were eliciting no response at all. I messaged both the administrative group and the management team, advising them that an angry me was an ugly sight to behold. The matter was immediately acted upon and a new corner cupboard despatched to me. We made up the difference of damaged components in 2 corner cupboard units from the extra one sent. My friend is a cabinet maker of high distinction. He came for six and a half days it took us to remove the old and rebuild/install the new. Initially he had suggested that I paid too much for the kitchen. After completing the job, he said that the kitchen is of very good quality and he was quite surprised at the standard. The only hiccup we had was when he discovered misaligned clamp rebates on the adjoining joints of one of the kitchen tops. It is a U shaped kitchen. We had already fitted biscuits and glue to the joint and had to move quickly to clamp it together using a heavy duty ratchet strap before the glue set. The glue, biscuits and edge L Clamps hold it all together nicely. We weren't in a position to halt work and order a new top. The bad? The niggling points I mentioned. The good? An easy process that allowed me to design the kitchen and have this company draw it up, manufacture it and deliver it to the small island I reside on within the Southern Moreton Bay Island Group in Qld. I am completely satisfied with the purchase and happy that I went in this direction. My suggestion is that if you want several quotes- go to this company last as some pressure will be applied for you to make the decision on the spot.

So unprofessional kitchen group/ good guy kitchen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

We had our new kitchen by kitchen group, introduced through good guys kitchen. Still so confused about the relation between kitchen group and good guy kitchen. But one year after our kitchen was bulit, one of parts on the cabinet was broke. We contacted kitchen designer who confirmed the kitchen has life guarantee and gave us the contact number and person of kitchen group. After we called him a few times, he promised to call back to arrange, but nothing happened. Last time when we called tel:07 3440 8400 and was told she will let this guy know and give us call, again nothing happened. So disappointed and next thing we will try to go to good guy kitchen and see if anyone can help. So unprofessional kitchen group/ good guy kitchen.

1st step getting a new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

We are building a new home and I have been researching kitchens. The 2 staff members in the kitchen installation section at Good Guys Erina were very helpful. One lady was fairly new to it, but still very helpful and she was well supported by a very experienced lady. I was left with the impression of very friendly and honest assistance and when we are closer to the point in the build of final planning of the kitchen I will go in to them again and arrange it.

Private message

In store service is fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

The in store salesperson at Carseldine was fantastic. No pressure, all my questions answered and was obvious she was very knowledgeable. Based on this I booked an in home design appt. When the person rang to confirm the appt I was told that to receive benefit of any sales offers that I had been given I had to sign up on the spot. I informed them that was not how I made decisions, I liked to think things over and again was pressured that I would only get the sales incentives if I signed up. So I cancelled the appt as my needs as a customer were not being considered. The sales person from store called me back a few weeks later and when I told her what had happened we rescheduled with her reassurance that I would not be forced to sign up. I have purchased all appliances from The Good Guys for years so am looking forward to this consultation.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Stay Away from Good Guys Kitchens

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Some of the Good Guys staff are competent, but most the contract trades people are incompetent & completely unprofessional. I've been trying for over two months to get them to make a couple of important repairs (which broke FIVE months after installation) and they are not responding. My next step: a formal complaint to Fair Trading. STAY AWAY from Good Guys Kitchens even if you have to spend more with another provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Planning our kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Sam helped us with all our finishes today and was a great help! Can’t wait for it all to be installed!!!!

Advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I have recently signed a contract for a new kitchen with Kenross Kitchens. They told me I had to arrange for any new appliances, so I went to the Good Guys at Erina Fair to look at Rangehoods & Sinks. On my arrival the first person to greet me was a lady sitting at a desk who asked could she help me. I gave her my story and she asked why I didn't get a quote from the Good Guys for my new kitchen. I told her that we typed in "Central Coast Kitchens" in google but there was no mention of the Good Guys doing kitchen renovations. I obtained 3 quotes and finally signed a contract last Wednesday. As I am a regular customer of the Good Guys I thought I would bring this information to your attention for investigation.
Regards
Gary Jones

Private message

Worst experience of my entire new house build

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

The first appointment with the consultant was good, she was very helpful. Ongoing contact from [name removed] at the main office is NSW was always pleasant and helpful, BUT... from the moment the kitchen went to production the nightmare started. The delivery was delayed by 3 days as they were unable to have the full kitchen completed by the date they submitted to us and therefore the truck was unable to deliver, . which then delayed the installers who were not available once the kitchen finally arrived, we paid for 3 days pre paid installation and they could only give us 1, once the installer [name removed] (who was fantastic) arrived he noticed that incorrect pieces had been supplied so it would need to go back to production, Given it was the 21st December they had closed. We then realised they had made the fridge opening way way to big which looked ridiculous, they sent out a assessor ([name removed]) who agreed that a problem had occurred and suggested that GoodGuys Kitchens (AKA Courtsean PTY LTD) supply a wine rack in the opening to compensate for the error which we accepted (unhappily) They then accused us of removing a load barring wall !!!!! which would be the reason that incorrect measurement occurred for the fridge opending (AS IF - of course this had never happened) [name removed] at the customer service centre was given our file, after weeks of back and forth emails and phone calls they gracefully offered us to have the wine rack at a reduced price of $1200 (screw that). Only when we began legal action did they finally after 3 months of paying the final bill of $30K supply the correct bulk head pieces and the correct colour of the incorrectly supplied panels. We still have a large fridge opening and will look at it with disappointment (until VCAT has a outcome) We have dealt with rude and arrogant staff and have been lied to on many occasions. We are only lucky that we recorded every phone call (with admissions of error) and kept all emails so that the legal action we are now involved in can happen (fingers crossed) As first time owner builders we will forever remember the terrible treatment we have received from THE GOOD GUYS KITCHENS and will ensure that everyone we know is aware of this so they can source out a better supplier.### Do not use them ###

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Old to new, looks spectacular

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

New style ,clean,crisp, functional.suits old Queenslander down to a T. All our guests think it’s beautiful. I have to say they are right.

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Had a absolutely excellent service from the lovely Sam about kitchens she knew exactly what she was talking about and was so helpful!

1 of 27 pages

Has anyone had dealings with Good Guys Frankston when having their kitchens done???

Anna M asked on Jul 22, 2018

While I could elaborate I won't, it would take to long. Don,t go near them. It,s all there in the reviews.

Thank you...I ended up cancelling them

The good guys Fyshwick, ACT Has anyone in Canberra bought a kitchen from the good guys in Canberra?

Tania M asked on Dec 13, 2017

I purchased mine from the Good Guys in Newcastle and it was supplied by the Kitchen Group in Sydney. (they also do Freedom Kitchens). Even though you are in Canberra, there may be a very good chance that your kitchen will be supplied by the Kitchen Group out of Sydney, Be Careful.

No matter where you live expect bad service and a poor quality kitchen with the Good Guys! Fair trading are keeping an eye on them and just need a few more people to come forward before anything can be officially done about them. I wouldn't waste your hard earned money on this company!!

There really are some big disparities between reviews for this company. I think it would be helpful for people leaving comments to mention the suburb they live in or the store they used as there may be a trend evident of where you might end up being able to count on good service and appropriately skilled people. Just a thought as I am very tempted - I live closest to the Capalaba store so if anyone has feedback on that, I would appreciate it.

WondaWendy asked on Apr 03, 2017

It does not matter which store you go through because the company is a separate entity - Courtsean Pty Ltd trading as The Good Guys Kitchens.- all the kitchens are managed by their Somersby NSW store. What I can tell you is that they take your money upfront and if anything goes wrong they don't take any responsibility to get it right. One of our benches was measured incorrectly and I have had to chase the Somersby office for a replacement. They do not call you to advise you of when it will be ready, the Customer Services Manager speaks to you in a moronic and robotic way and just keeps telling you that they cannot guarantee your delivery in a speedy manner. What should have taken a week has now become a month without a functioning kitchen. They promise to organise an installer, they do, but when things go wrong they basically don't care. I have had to take over the project management of my kitchen - the plumbers refused to bring the fridge inside the house - it was the The Good Guys Store/Thomastown Vic who came to my rescue and organised for their delivery drivers to do so. I cannot speak highly enough of the sales staff at the The Good Guys store. The Kitchen Group people do not offer any compensation for your stress, your time to follow up with them or your time to organise the plumbers, tilers etc. THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY!!

Ours was done through the Caboolture store Queensland. We have a faulty bench top and they are trying to blame us and every time I come back they change it to another reason why its us. Still fighting but its very frustrating. Wish we'd never gone near them.

Same for us; nothing to do with our local store who are fantastic and very helpful. Had to continually deal with the seperate kitchen entity over the phone; no showroom or office that you can have a face to face meeting. The only way to do that is to make an appointment and wait for a consultant visit. Always had to leave a message three or four times before we received a response. Didn't want to get angry with the lady who answered the phone; she was just doing her job; but in the end she was the one that coped our angry rant. Best way to get a reasonably quick response is to send your email to the management via their message system. Do not use this company! Started off great, consultant was lovely, then that was it. The design was wrong; luckily we thoroughly checked the measurements before the kitchen was ordered. Installation was supposed to take one week; ended up being 4 months. Intaller wasn't competent and he was doing it on his own even though we have a fairly large kitchen. Cost us over $25000 and we had to arrange and pay extra to finish the bulkhead. Now several of the soft close drawers are already broken; only 1 year old. Trying to get those replaced now but clearly they are poor quality.

See all 19 questions about The Good Guys Kitchens