Between December 15th, 2017 and March 31st, 2018, The Lighting Outlet is offering 10 reviewers a chance to win a $50 gift voucher to The Lighting Outlet. Reviewers that had their review published in this period may have received this incentive. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

No star - slow service/terrible customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Ordered some lights to my new home. got them 3 weeks later to find out the 7/10 items that they sent me were wrong! Contacted the company to find out that their customer service is even worst. They charged me 15% to return the wrong items they have sent me! I will never ever buy anything from this website. Do not recommend at all!

Fabulous service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

The service and delivery were truly excellent. nothing was too much trouble. I ordered the lights on Friday night and had them by Wednesday of the following week. I cannot fault this company!

carnival lights

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Absolutely loved carnival lights. Unfortunately a few bulbs were blown in transit. Contacted Company and they sent out new globes straight away . Very happy with follow up !

Melbourne

• 1 review

Missing order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I ordered four items (2 led globes plus 2 wall lights) that were showing as in stock at the time of purchase. I’ve now waited 6 weeks with no idea whether I will receive the lights. I’ve sent two emails. The order still says unfulfilled so I’ve asked for a refund however I still have not gotten a response. Very bad customer service. Looking at the other reviews it seems this store perhaps should not be in business. Be careful because the items I ordered are all still showing as in stock on their website. This store has also been offering rewards for positive reviews

• 1 comment
Private message

Poor quality LED downlights and terrible after sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Purchased a number of Telbix and Domo LED downlights, fair failure rate. Had to get a refund or follow up on warranty claim. Will not do business with again.

Comments

Had another one fail. The Lighting Outlet won't respond nor reply. Not expecting any replacement or refund. Just learned my lesson to never buy from here again.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Totally Unreasonable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I ordered 3 pendants on-line for pick up. Apparently in stock, at checkout get prompted to by some globes, so I thought why not and added three expensive globes to the order. Paid by credit card. Next day I get an email telling me they do not have the pendants and cannot source them. OK, please refund me in full as I don't need the globes if I cant get the pendants. I'm then told there will be a 15% re-stocking fee for the globes. What! It was a pick up order, I haven't picked anything up, you're kidding right. Apparently not. They refunded less the 15% on the globes even after several fruitless please for sanity to prevail. I was a returning customer, but I want buy from them again. I suggest you avoid this company too.

Verified Customer

Genuine product, delivered quickly, all at a good discount

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

I was a little hesitant with the first order because the product was at a considerable discount from other suppliers. It was a genuine product and delivered promptly to a regional NSW location. More than happy with this transaction and I placed a second order which was also trouble free. Thanks for a good service.

Perth

Verified Customer

Customer service lacking after being sent a broken product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I received a broken light where there had clearly been an impact and therefore a chunk of my coach light had broken inside the packaging. It was not packaged properly and as soon as I opened it I took photos and sent them in asking for a replacement for refund. They required more photos which I sent the next day and was told after asking for a refund that they would contact the supplier and they would inform me what was going to happen. I didn't hear anything for a week and therefore contacted them. they said they would email me a return label which they did but didn't indicate how to return it. I emailed straight away asking for instructions and hear nothing. When I emailed a complain to the girl Tara who was dealing with my complaint she responded that yes she sent me a return label and obviously the couriers hadn't picked it up so she would arrange another pickup..... I have since emailed as I still have questions. I knew they had sent me a label but had not instructed me what to do other then stick it on the box. I was not aware if it would be picked up and when or if I needed to drop it somewhere. I have still not had anything collected and have asked Tara when they will pick it up and she has ignored my email, I work full time and would like to plan when I should stick it outside the house (if that is what I do) She should not be in customer service if she cannot answer customers simple emails! I am so upset that I have a $270 light that I received broken and have received really poor (Lazy) customer service.I have worked in customer service and always tried to help people and know it is not diificault to send an informative email. I wish I could contact the manager but the emails to the refund address I have sent have not being answered. I don't trust sending the product back now as I feel I probably wouldn't receive the replacement they once promised. I'm wondering if I should just try and fix the light myself but really that is not the point it should have been whole when I received it. I would just like a refund to be honest.
I will never purchase anything from the lighting outlet again! Which is a shame as I am building a house and needing a lot more lighting but will go elsewhere for that now.

Outdoor light HV 311x unsuitable for Australian outdoor conditions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Bought 4 LED outdoor Wall lights 8 months ago. Now totally flaked and corroded. Company unwilling to refund price or use refund to purchase more suitable lights.

Sydney

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

LED Dimmer that does what it states it should do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2018

LEDSMART Dimmer from Diginet.
Finally an LED dimmer that is smooth all the way to zero light o/p. Great product. Highly recommend.

Comments

Update on the LEDSMART Dimmer from Diginet. I have found the dimmer works very well with the 'cheap' Aldi LED globes made by Muller/Lightway. I'm talking the larger E27 or Bayonet fitting. They wor... read more »

• 8 helpful votes

No problems at all

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I have placed several orders with The Lighting Outlet (both directly with the store and via eBay). Each time my order was delivered quickly with no hassles.

Good pricing and range, would be happy to use again

Berry

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Save yourself the trouble and shop elsewhere!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

"Lost" order, no communication until you chase them, and then when order did finally arrive it was damaged. The damage did not look to be from shipping the item actually looked used or made up of other parts. Sent an email detailing and included pics and heard absolutely nothing in reply. There are dozens of lighting retailers online so I advise people to shop elsewhere. A company who cannot answer their phone is cause for worry and this company do not answer their listed phone number and make you try repeatedly to get a reply.

Horrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

I ordered a box of 10 bulbs from their website, but was sent only 1 bulb. I called several times seeking to remedy the situation. Initially, I was told I would receive a refund. Later I was told by a manager that I had to smash the single bulb and photograph it in order to receive a refund. This was apparently so that I did not "receive a bulb for free." Very poor customer service!!!

• 4 helpful votes

terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

charged me for a light that they needed to order and never called to confirm it arrived. when I followed up a few weeks later told me that it still hadn't arrived. I called a few days after that and they made me jump through hoops to get a refund.
They never retuned any calls and their follow up was terrible and rude

Cairns

• 7 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

The customer is always wrong

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Took delivery of dimmable LED bulbs. One fused and shorted out destroying my electronic dimmer. The lighting Outlet organized replacements which arrived damaged (Carrier issue).
They refused to replaced the damaged dimmer.
Would I recommend? No.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Needing lights for my investment property in a very limited amount of time, I received a very quick and easy response from the lighting outlet. Staff member Melissa helped me choose which lights would best suit my property and arranged for them to be delivered asap. I found her service and the business as a whole, great to deal with, very reliable and extremely fast. I will be using them again in the future and highly recommend.

Verified Customer

Change the details of item after purchased

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Listed clearance lights with globes, then when I ordered said whoops we meant to say does not include globes. Also took 9 weeks to get the full order delivered, but at least it did make it to me.

Great service and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Great lights, prices are great and delivery is very fast . Also great to be able to talk to the personnel about any matters

Good product on affordable prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

They have good products and reasonable price. Quick courier service. Lot of stuff under one roof. I will recommend to my all clients

Fantastic online store

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

We bought most of the lights for our new house from the Lighting Outlet and couldn't be happier both with the lights and with the prices. Shopping online was very easy and their delivery excellent.

1 of 6 pages