• 1 question
  • 14 helpful votes

Unpleasant customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

I purchased two picnic chairs from The Nile, but one of the chairs was faulty. So I contacted their customer support for a resolution. Over a week later, I am told that they are waiting to hear back from their supplier, and until then I will just have to wait. I am a regular shopper online and whenever there was an issue of the product on arrival, the shop would always resolve the issue promptly either by replacement or refund. Never have I seen a reputable store treating a customer the way The Nile is doing.

Promised delivery failed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

A book ordered with a promise of delivery in time for Christmas has still not arrived. I am now told it is out of stock, but only after I had to chase it up twice. I asked for a full refund and 5 hours later a receipt for my payment made on 19 Dec arrives. Not happy.

Christchurch

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Extremely disappointing service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

Here's my story: I was waiting for Christmas period to start so I can purchase an otherwise extremely overpriced BabyBjorn baby carrier. Boxing day arrived and as expected, prices have dropped quite a bit. Since TheNile had the best price of all, I've purchased the product from them. It was 8 days later and all Christmas discounts were already over when I've received an order update from TheNile. They wrote that the product wasn't on stock and they've refunded the money that I've paid more than a week ago. When I checked my Paypal account to see the refund I didn't find any sign of it. When I asked them to offer another similar product on discounted price, they refused to help even thought they had many similar items on stock. So practically they let me miss out on the boxing day discounts and didn't care about my loss at all. On top of that they wrote false information about the refund. I've read all the negative feedback about this shop before and I still decided to give them a chance and make this purchase. It was a terrible idea. Stay away from this shop if you don't want to cause yourself a headache.

• 2 helpful votes

This company is crazy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

I can't really comment on product quality as I haven't received my item from The Nile. The Nile uses a delivery service called Fastway couriers. If you check out Fastway couriers you will see four pages of 1 star reviews - a company that gives truly bad service. As a result of The Nile choosing to use this courier service as their courier company, their service is extremely poor. So don't expect to see your item anytime within 2-3 weeks, especially if you live in WA or outside Sydney. Fastways courier told me that their standard turnaround time from Sydney to Perth is 8 business days. When I asked how that makes them a courier company, they said it was the norm. Fastways truly don't care about their crap service.

Anyhow I ordered a small Santa Gift from The Nile on the 3rd December and as of the 27 December the item still had not been delivered. They told me it would be there by Christmas, then they sent me an email on the 21st December saying still need gifts - they are nuts if they think they can ever get items delivered this quickly.

For The Nile to stay in business they have to review their delivery system. The delivery is a reflection upon them. When I order from a company over East and it turns up within 2 days, I reorder from the company, when it hasn't arrived after over 3 weeks, I post a negative review and will never ever order from then again.

Verified Customer

Poor service and follow up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

I don’t understand how this place has high reviews. Please read the google reviews which tells the truth. Horrible experience. Ordered something two weeks ago. No follow up and their courier service is horrendous and unreliable. Do not buy from them.

Verified Customer

The poor reviews are true

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2018

I wish I'd read reviews before using The Nile.
For one I was mislead into thinking thenile.co.nz was a local company and my item would be shipped from a local warehouse - more fool me.
Still absolutely no indication of delivery - they give you a fastway tracking number pretty much straight away to give you a sense of activity - but it just sits there blankly until the item actually reaches Fastway locally.
So, for Christmas my brother is getting a printout of the cover of the book I ordered on a piece of office paper.
So annoyed at myself that I didn't do my due diligence on this company.
Buyer beware.

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Terrible - excessive delivery time meant text too late for uni

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Text was ordered in early November via Nile for uni and arrived mid December, long past usefulness for my first two assignments.
The Nile advertise that books are locally in stock, but they’re not- book was overseas and was very late dispatching. I opted for an Australia Post parcel box. They changed delivery options to a courier after payment. I asked for a refund as I did not receive the book in a timely fashion and therefore is no longer any use to me. This has been refused.

Buy elsewhere.

Fast and good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Arrived within 48 hours of ordering and was only barely cheaper for a brand new product then a second hand one, well impressed I’ll be looking on here instead of eBay from now on

• 5 helpful votes

Super fast delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I’m very happy with my experience ordering from this website. After being unable to find a doll I needed to get for my child’s birthday in the shops, I located what I needed on this website. It was a great price and the item was delivered less than 48 hours after ordering.

10 days purchased and item still not even shipped from their warehouse

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

This is the second time I have tried purchasing from The Nile and twice the delivery times have been excessive. I purchased an item 11 days ago and contacted them this morning to get a tracking reference. They advised me that it hasn't yet been shipped from the warehouse. I advised that this is not acceptable and if it is not resolved within 2 days that I would be cancelling my request again with them. If you want to sell an item 'The Nile' you need to make sure you have it available in your warehouse and that it will be shipped within an acceptable timeframe. This is poor service. I will not make the mistake again of purchasing through you and I will be advising others to avoid you.

Verified Customer

Quick delivery but incorrect details on site

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Only issue I had was that their website had incorrect details on it. I purchased the book and access card only because the website said I would be getting a hardcover book. I didn't care about the access card since I have no use for it and I like hardcover books so was happy to pay extra. While there was quick delivery (really happy with that) the book that I received was paperback and not hardcover. I have emailed them but I haven't received a reply yet. Their website still states hardcover for the book and access card that I purchased. The book was in a sealed plastic slip but had some damage to the paperback cover. I ended up keeping the book because I really needed it for my exam studies and didn't have time to go through a return process and tracking down a hardcover version.

Verified Customer

Cheater! Don't Buy From This Seller, So Many Bad Reviews!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

The book that I bought supposed to come with a CD.
In the book clearly mentioned that it comes with a CD.
I received only the book, not the CD. Probably a duplicate/unoriginal book.
Made a complained to the seller.
After an investigation, the seller informed that there is a mistake in the listing, promised a refund.
Worried the seller made an empty promise after not receiving any refund, I claimed it officially through Paypal.
But when I claimed the refund payment through Paypal, seller responded they change their mind 'to not refund me'.

DON't BUY FROM THIS SELLER. CHEAPSKATE AND DISHONEST!

Horrendous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Worst customer service ever. Purchased a product and ten days later was given a fake tracking number. When I asked for courier details do I could chase it up they refused saying they were from the Phillipines. They then said the parcel was “lost” and they had refunded my money. Nothing was refunded. Do purchase from this company.

Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Purchased and paid for a book (in stock)??? On 14 Aug 2018 hoping to have it by Fathers Day and still have not received it on 6th Sept.
Pathetic customer service. I only get responses to say "it's on the way"!!!!
Do not use The Nile !!!!

Not gonna buy from this website again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Should have read reviews online before purchasing from this website. Bought the Chevron body pillow thinking there’s stock available, in the end had to contact them first for them to tell me that there’s no stock available. Very disappointed but at least they will refund.

Slow... Still no book

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I purchased on line for university. All up, it took 13 days for the book to travel from Sydney to Melbourne, but it arrived safe and sound.

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Perfect service and fast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

All I can say that it was a fast delivery and great communication with The Nile. The items where packaged beautifully and arrived safely. Keep up the good work.

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Delivery takes as long as the Nile River!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

I wish that I had read the terrible reviews on this website before purchasing from the Nile. Instead I broke a golden rule and got sucked in by a price for an item, a weather station in my case, that was really cheap. Of course, the reality was that it was too good to be true. Delivery was originally promised within 7 days. No show. The eventual reply to my email said that it would be dispatched that day (a Sunday!) and would arrive on the next Saturday. I was now sceptical. Sure enough - no show. Another delay in response to my email. Which was to beg for another day to investigate. Then a response that it would take 2-4 days to be processed through their warehouse and another 3-6 days to be delivered - from Sydney to Melbourne! At this point, I belatedly realised this was all a bad mistake. The only good thing that worked was cancelling it though eBay where they would step in after 3 days if the Nile did not act. All of a sudden, the Nile was prompt and my money was returned within 2 days. Mind you, I have to question eBay’s standards if they’re prepared to host a company with such a dubious track record as the Nile.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Shopping experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

My purchase was online and not resolved as yet.Very poor service offering conflicting feedback.It has never been this bad making a online purchase with previous company's. I will be glad when they have refunded my credit card and are out of my life.terrible!

What a nasty experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Made my purchase online & paid by bank transfer on 3 July 2018. Nothing happened so I sent an email 5 July asking if they had the money. When they replied the answer was no. Initially I thought I has goofed but not so. When checked I has everything correct. Replies take days to come, the phone is never answered and messages left are not replied to. In emails I requested a phone call. Not one did I get. I did get an email telling me I hadn't paid them but not to hesitate to get in touch if I had a problem!!. Eventually I sent an email suggested they check again as they had obviously misallocated it or it was still sitting there waiting to be allocated! Four days later (20 July) they found it and dispatched the book. They said it would arrived by 25 July but needless to say it didn't. Another email suggested I wait another week before contacting them again. I arrived 04 August from, JERSEY. So much for buying from an NZ company. Will I use them again....NEVER! The customer service was appalling.

1 of 102 pages