• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Cannot believe I nearly threw away my favourite sunglasses!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2012

I was about to toss away my favourite sunglasses and did a quick search on the internet and found this company that replaces sunglass lenses. Amazing, my sunnies look like brand new again. Highly recommend and such value for money.

+ Inexpensive and good quality lenses

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Casuarina NSW 2487

Great Product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2013

I am a swimming instructor and my sunglasses take a beating. I was wearing Arnette Infamous sunnies
and they had gone out of production. The frames were fine but the lenses were badly chlorine scarred. For $48.95 I bought polarised lenses from The Sunglass Fix and they fitted the frames perfectly. They are better than the original lenses and eight months on, they remain in perfect condition. I will shop with The Sunglass Fix again.

+ Inexpensive, excellent quality, fast service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great Product and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2013

Bought some Moscot sunglasses from China which turned out to have the wrong lenses. After dozens of e-mails and appalling service (including attempted blackmail) I gave up and decided to change the lenses myself. Found Sunglassfix on the net and they talked me through the procedure on the phone. Things went exactly to plan, and the whole thing was done in about a week. I will now be on the lookout for more classic frames to get re-lensed!

+ great price, lots of choices, fool-proof procedure.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Happy to have found sunglass fix

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I ordered some replacement lenses for a pair of Prada sunglasses from sunglasse fix. They fit the glasses and the quality was very good. Although it didn't have prada etched in the lens, I was okay with that. For the price to replace the lines from sunglasse fix compared to a new pair of pradas I am more than happy with the results. Shipping took a while since they come from Australia, but they have a great customer service department that was helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend them to a friend and use their services and products again

Colin
From Ontario Canada

willoughby

Private message

Think twice. These lenses fail over time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2015

I bought a replacement set of lenses for a pair of Ray Bans. They were okay lenses. My complaint is that these lens fail over time (mine after 2-3 years) in comparison to original lenses that will last virtually for ever if cared for. Mine were treated well but still delaminated around the edges making for some ugly little bubbles around the frames, and making them unwearable. I have never had this happen to a pair of sunglasses before. The manufacturer knows this and when I queried him he replied that this was normal and a life span in this range is to be expected and I should just buy another new set of lenses. I think this is deceptive and people should be told before buying replacements that they won't last as long as original Ray Ban lenses (for example) Otherwise if consumers are halfway careful with their glasses they should just buy a new pair of sunglasses or buy a replacement set of original lenses from Ray Ban. At least they will last a long time ( I have had Ray Bans that have lasted over 5 years several times and only died after getting crushed or broken).

to

Private message

I love this place. New lenses are better than original.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2015

Excellent. Problem solved !
Old sunglasses frame was still good & excellent fit for outdoor work but lens wrecked. Unable to replace as no longer available. Now I have new polarised lenses better than originals. Saved me hundreds of $'s and recycled old frame.
Brilliant idea, service & quality of goods. Thank you very much.

Poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

These lenses were poor quality and fit. Cheap sunglasses give me eye strain headaches. I have 4 pairs of Oakley and one pair of Raybans and have no problem with them. I replaced the rayban lenses from this company and immediately started getting eyestrain headaches. The inferior quality to the originals was very obvious. Save you money and look elsewhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Jerod, I'm really sorry about the issues you had with our lenses. I must also state that I'm very surprised and something must had gone seriously wrong with your order and the manufacturing of y... read more »

Malver

Verified Customer

Give them a Miss, cheap plastic and poor colour!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Having dropped my Ray Bans and cracked a lens I looked on line for a replacement and found Sunglass Fix, I really which I hadn't!
The site is very misleading with its home page, its states that the replacement lenses will be as good if not better than the original but they are far from it.
Took 3 weeks after ordering to get them and when they came they were cheap plastic lenses, there's no weight to them which make the sunglasses sit and feel totally different, with out the logo's on it makes the sunglasses look like fake ones.
The colour is totally different and while they do fit it's not a secure fit.
Their customer service is exceptionally poor, when I contacted them all I got was message one - "I need to speak to my manager" fair enough, message two - (From the manager) its all in the small print!
When I said that there was nothing on the sites home page clearly saying that the lenses are plastic and will not come with any logo the reply was "our home page is there to sell lenses the detail is in the T&C's".
They did offer that I could return them at my own cost and once checked for any damage I could get a refund but sending them back to Australia for the sake of £38 is just too mush hassle.

My advice, put your £30/50 towards the "Real" lenses form a reputable local shop you can trust.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Eho Man, First I would like to apologize for the experience you had with The Sunglass Fix. I'm having a serious look into our customer care's response to your complaint as it sounds abnormal. ... read more »

norwich

In the Bin!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

So with the good reviews I thought i couldn't lose but ... i did! I watched the vids and got to work but just couldn't get the lenses to fit. They say the lenses are a guaranteed fit but as an engineer by trade I measured the lenses and there over size of the originals by .3 of a milometer. The top of the frame near the screw doesn't sit flush because the lenses are bigger than the originals all the way round. I complained and they replaced the lenses but there still over size so in the bin they go as i nearly damaged my frames trying to make the lenses fit the first time.
Waste of time and money ... track the originals down there be glass not plastic and fit!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Buba, Sorry to hear about the fit problem. It's rare but it can happen. If we reshipped and the lens was still too large it could be one of two things. 1) You've got a different model number o... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Imitation lenses!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

No logo on lenses and slight variation in lense color leads me to believe these are not maui jim. Clarity seems less quality Unfortunately i didn't notice the fine print stating that no logo would be on my lenses. Cheesy option, should have went to Maui jim directly.

Brisbane

Good Replacement Option for Oakley Lenses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

My first purchase was for a Oakley Five Squared Replacement Sunglass Lenses - 53mm-54mm Wide. These were to replace the original Oakley lenses which were really scratched. I will confess that I was a bit dubious especially as the glasses were 53-54mm wide and not a precise measurement. Lenses arrived very quickly, 3 or 4 days with standard postage. Very hard though to install the lenses and even carefully following the instructions one of the lenses was slightly damaged on the side when I eventually got it into the frame. Looking at the glasses you can't tell and as they are my back up glasses I was not that worried. Lenses though are really good and easily on par with the Oakley's.

More importantly I recently took them on holidays to the beach and despite being dropped on sand, footpaths and being grabbed by kids still don't have a scratch on them. Unlike the original lenses which scratch very easily. The price is very good especially compared to original Oakley lenses. Even though I was a bit disappointed with the fit, I ordered another replacement pair for my Oakley Hijinx (last time replaced for $150 by Oakley so at $49 its a good deal). These lenses were a perfect fit and I am very happy with them. I think if there is a size issue (in this case 53 to 54mm) use the installation service. It might cost a bit more but you are still saving compared to the original lenses. But on price and quality they offer a great product.

Good choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

Brought replacement lenses for my sunglasses .
Excellent service , good price , fast delivery , top .quality lenses
Excellent company
My top recommendation .
Greetings from Croatia
Nikica L.

awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

The how to install video, explains everything in simple terms and is so easy to do. The new lens are just the best. Never go any where else for my sunglass fix.

Highly professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

I assume like many, I was very apprehensive about ordering my replacement lens for my Maui Jim glasses online. However, after considering the fifty percent savings, I hesitantly decided to proceed. I was more than pleasantly surprised, that when my order arrived within days, the new lens fitted perfectly. I highly recommend Sunglass Fix.

Ray Ban Aviators

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Just wanted to post a review of these people at The Sunglass Fix. I have to say I was a little apprehensive but really love my Aviators and after damaging one lense thought I would have to throw away a perfect set of frames.
Not so, I sent an order with the model number for replacement lenses and a short while later they contacted me to check that my model number was correct. Then they sent a perfect set of new lenses at a fraction of the cost of replacement Ray Bans.
Wonderful quick service and absolutely perfect set of lenses with true polarization (not a cheap copy).

So happy to recommend this company to anyone their products and service is excellent.

Great Lenses And Fitting Them Is Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2016

Absolutely happy as a granny at the pokies.
Breeze to install and will get another pair for spares since I like the frame and look.
Give them a try and you will more than likely be happy like I am.
I won't be buying genuine lenses now that I have a place to buy great quality at an affordable price.
I will be recommending sunglass fix to all my friends.

Verified Customer

Very bad seller, lenses for rayban rb3502 are very differents.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

Very bad spare, isn't glass.. is plastic and the colour isn't similar, very bad seller. I'm not happy with this seller is not clear in description of their products. Very bad.

Private message

Product didn't fit. Service was great though!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2015

The website, deliver, pricing eye was FABRASTIC. But the product itself was not suitable for my Rayban clubmasters. The shape and size was wrong based on the suggested lenses and now my glasses are unusable.

Saved over $100 AUD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2015

I ordered replacement lenses for OTIS The Beat sunnies. The lenses fix perfectly and I saved more than $100 compared to sending the sunnies back to Otis for repair. Sure the new lenses are plastic, not glass. But the vision is still crystal clear. Great service, my order was sent out the next business day. Cheers!

Saved my Sunnies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2015

My nice but non-functional Maui Jims are actually now better than new with the Sunglass Fix new lenses. The badly scratched lenses have been replaced and the new lenses are actually superior to the originals. Quick service and reasonably priced.

1 of 10 pages

I have a pair of rayban rb3016 clubmasters and i need to replace the lenses. My only question is will the left lens still have the rayban logo? I really enjoy the logo and its a deal breaker if it won't.

stylingballer23 asked on Jul 15, 2017

Answer this

Hi, Sorry, no logos, just great lenses. We manufacture our own lenses and have nothing to do with Ray Ban.
Best bet is to go to Sunglass Hut who is also owned by Luxottica (who owns Ray Ban too). OPSM is also owned by Luxottica so they may be able to help too.
We offer a high quality option for most consumers that don't support their product after sale, especially with regards to lenses. If you can't find replacement lenses or discover that getting lenses from Ray Ban proves too expensive or takes a few months we are always here to help but sorry, not branding or logos. Craig and the Team at The Sunglass Fix.

Hi there I have a pair of Prada SPR 12S ( new 2017) that are totally scratch from being dropped . Do you have these lenses or could I have some customer made for this frame ? Regards Julia

Jules asked on Jun 20, 2017

Answer this

Hi Julia, I have checked the site and lenses are not currently available for the Prada SPR12S frames. Probably too new.
Your best bet is to order custom make lenses. here.
Same price and we install them for you. However, there is some small shipping cost as we need your frames in the lab to do the work.
Thanks, Craig

Hi, I have a pair of Preen Nottingham sunnies & have dropped them on sand & now there's annoyingly abrasion on each lens right at eyeball level, they're a lovely quality shade & would love to have you take care of them for me based on all your great reviews. not fussed if the lenses are slightly different to originals but ideally darker the better. if possible how do i get them to you. Cheers, Gyorgyi

Gyorgyi asked on Mar 15, 2017