Poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

These lenses were poor quality and fit. Cheap sunglasses give me eye strain headaches. I have 4 pairs of Oakley and one pair of Raybans and have no problem with them. I replaced the rayban lenses from this company and immediately started getting eyestrain headaches. The inferior quality to the originals was very obvious. Save you money and look elsewhere.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Jerod, I'm really sorry about the issues you had with our lenses. I must also state that I'm very surprised and something must had gone seriously wrong with your order and the manufacturing of y... read more »

Malver

Verified Customer

Give them a Miss, cheap plastic and poor colour!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Having dropped my Ray Bans and cracked a lens I looked on line for a replacement and found Sunglass Fix, I really which I hadn't!
The site is very misleading with its home page, its states that the replacement lenses will be as good if not better than the original but they are far from it.
Took 3 weeks after ordering to get them and when they came they were cheap plastic lenses, there's no weight to them which make the sunglasses sit and feel totally different, with out the logo's on it makes the sunglasses look like fake ones.
The colour is totally different and while they do fit it's not a secure fit.
Their customer service is exceptionally poor, when I contacted them all I got was message one - "I need to speak to my manager" fair enough, message two - (From the manager) its all in the small print!
When I said that there was nothing on the sites home page clearly saying that the lenses are plastic and will not come with any logo the reply was "our home page is there to sell lenses the detail is in the T&C's".
They did offer that I could return them at my own cost and once checked for any damage I could get a refund but sending them back to Australia for the sake of £38 is just too mush hassle.

My advice, put your £30/50 towards the "Real" lenses form a reputable local shop you can trust.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Eho Man, First I would like to apologize for the experience you had with The Sunglass Fix. I'm having a serious look into our customer care's response to your complaint as it sounds abnormal. ... read more »

norwich

• 1 comment

In the Bin!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

So with the good reviews I thought i couldn't lose but ... i did! I watched the vids and got to work but just couldn't get the lenses to fit. They say the lenses are a guaranteed fit but as an engineer by trade I measured the lenses and there over size of the originals by .3 of a milometer. The top of the frame near the screw doesn't sit flush because the lenses are bigger than the originals all the way round. I complained and they replaced the lenses but there still over size so in the bin they go as i nearly damaged my frames trying to make the lenses fit the first time.
Waste of time and money ... track the originals down there be glass not plastic and fit!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Buba, Sorry to hear about the fit problem. It's rare but it can happen. If we reshipped and the lens was still too large it could be one of two things. 1) You've got a different model number o... read more »

Asked for a refund never came ! I'm done with this company

The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Neville, I'm very confused as we have record of sending you a 2nd set and refunding you in full on Oct 11th 2017 in attempts to try to resolve whatever issue you had. I understand you didn't w... read more »

Imitation lenses!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

No logo on lenses and slight variation in lense color leads me to believe these are not maui jim. Clarity seems less quality Unfortunately i didn't notice the fine print stating that no logo would be on my lenses. Cheesy option, should have went to Maui jim directly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Dave, I'm really sorry you didn't understand how our business is designed when your purchased. We try very hard to explain that we operate like an optometrist and make high quality lenses for a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Very bad seller, lenses for rayban rb3502 are very differents.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

Very bad spare, isn't glass.. is plastic and the colour isn't similar, very bad seller. I'm not happy with this seller is not clear in description of their products. Very bad.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Salva, I'm very sorry to hear this. We do have links on every product page to a page the clearly outlines how our lenses are made. Just to reitterate what that states is our lenses are made f... read more »

willoughby

Private message

Think twice. These lenses fail over time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2015

I bought a replacement set of lenses for a pair of Ray Bans. They were okay lenses. My complaint is that these lens fail over time (mine after 2-3 years) in comparison to original lenses that will last virtually for ever if cared for. Mine were treated well but still delaminated around the edges making for some ugly little bubbles around the frames, and making them unwearable. I have never had this happen to a pair of sunglasses before. The manufacturer knows this and when I queried him he replied that this was normal and a life span in this range is to be expected and I should just buy another new set of lenses. I think this is deceptive and people should be told before buying replacements that they won't last as long as original Ray Ban lenses (for example) Otherwise if consumers are halfway careful with their glasses they should just buy a new pair of sunglasses or buy a replacement set of original lenses from Ray Ban. At least they will last a long time ( I have had Ray Bans that have lasted over 5 years several times and only died after getting crushed or broken).

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Jono, I'm sorry about your lenses delaminating after 2-3 years. We do monitor feedback and are constantly trying to improve our lenses all the time. However, we do hear of failures happening in... read more »

Lenses didn't fit in my frames

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

I bought lenses to fit my arnette stickup 4147. The lenses never fitted into the frames properly. The two ends you can get it with a struggle but the sides I can never get to sit in properly. Now the tint is bubbling at the top because of this.

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about your fit problem with the Arnette Stick Ups. We make over 100K lens models are more difficult than other for many reasons. I know the Stick Ups are a frame whi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer

Poor fitment and customer svc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2016

Lenses didn't fit. Took to Optometrist who had to grind them down to fit. Customer service didn't offer to refund any portion. Would not recommend

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Josh, I'm sorry to hear about this. We have a very standard protocol we use to identify and resolve fit issues. The primary reason for fit issues is size variations across models. We guarante... read more »

Craig...photos were sent to your firm a couple years back. I was told by your customer service team that the lenses were the correct ones. They were they were just off by a small margin. Nothing... read more »

The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Josh, happy to help but I need a little help finding your information. Can you let me know the sunglass make We have a lot of Josh's in the system and I tried to read through most that had some... read more »

Private message

Product didn't fit. Service was great though!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2015

The website, deliver, pricing eye was FABRASTIC. But the product itself was not suitable for my Rayban clubmasters. The shape and size was wrong based on the suggested lenses and now my glasses are unusable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Brendan, sorry, we were not getting notifications for awhile and I say your review. I'm hoping you were able to contact and sort this out. It's very rare we ever have fit issues. In fact, we... read more »

The replacement lenses

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Got replacement lenses which matched the old ones, were great for a few years but then the inside of the lenses started wearing or rubbing off which made them very annoying to wear as they are patchy to view through.

Excellent Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Very good experience with Sunglass Fix. needed some replacement lenses for my Oakley sunglasses and mistakenly ordered the wrong ones. Sent a note to Craig (CEO) and he responded on a Sunday. They sent me the correct lenses and refunded me for the ones i returned - no hassle. Really good service and will use them again.

Great service - good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Very happy with my replacement lenses - so much cheaper than buying a new set of Oakleys. Easy to install and quick delivery.

Verified Customer

Happy to have found sunglass fix

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I ordered some replacement lenses for a pair of Prada sunglasses from sunglasse fix. They fit the glasses and the quality was very good. Although it didn't have prada etched in the lens, I was okay with that. For the price to replace the lines from sunglasse fix compared to a new pair of pradas I am more than happy with the results. Shipping took a while since they come from Australia, but they have a great customer service department that was helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend them to a friend and use their services and products again

Colin
From Ontario Canada

money saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

Purchased new lenses for my Oakley Fives 3.0
Arrived on time,look great and fit the frames well. Quality of lenses maybe not quite as good as original Oakleys, but for $40 what do u expect.Saved me about $150 so i am more than happy and will be shopping with Sunglass Fix again soon as i own two old pairs of Fives.
Thank you Sunglass Fix.

Sunglasses replacement lenses fro Raybans RB 3445.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

I am really impressed with this as it was easy to replace with your lenses and the lenses are fantastic. Great way not to buy new glasses and waste that money again. Thanks Sunglass Fix this was fantastic option, easy and affordable. Happy to recommend to family and friends.

very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

Easy to replace and worth while. company shipped quickly and were helpful with requests and technical advice. Would highly recommend these guys

Verified Customer

Great product and wonderful customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2015

I ordered replacement sunglass lenses online using the specifications on the web site and the model number on the sunglass earpiece. When the lenses arrived, they were a different size and did not fit. After some emailing back and forth, I decided to ship the frames to Sunglass Fix for an accurate sizing of the lenses. My wife's sunglasses arrived yesterday, and she is thrilled with the new lenses. Thanks to Aron for doing such a great job of replicating the stock lenses, and thanks to your company for the great product and great customer service.

Quick good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2014

I bought some old-style Oakley Water Jacket sunglasses on ebay to use while surfing in Indonesia, they worked well but were not polarised (which is crazy for glasses meant to be used for sailing, wind surfing, jet ski etc). Found the Sunglass Fix online and ordered polarised lenses to fit. They arrived within a couple of days but I had measured incorrectly- a quick phonecall and they organised a replacement set and a reply paid return envelope. The polarised lens are great for surfing and the glasses and lenses cost about a third of the new price (which I would not pay as they will probably get lost in the surf anyway). Sunglass Fix is definitely worth a try if you have scratched or cracked lenses but the frames are still good.

+ Good quality and price, v good service when needed to do a return

Verified Customer

Service is as fabulous as the product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Having ordered 2 sets of my replacement lenses, upon receiving them, I was at first disappointed to discover that 3 of my 4 lenses didn’t fit my Arnettes. I emailed Sunglass Fix and they responded within 24 hours to explain that the calibration on my sets were out and that they would immediately resend 2 new sets after having tested them for sizing. This obviously made me feel much better about the situation and despite the extra wait, it was well worth it as the extra ‘free’ pairs of lenses are awesome. Fit perfectly as promised and do the job brilliantly, as they are even better than the original lenses, which is especially important given that I live in the tropics! Outstanding service and product.

Perfect fit...

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

I got a pair of non prescription lenses for ray ban RBX5228 glasses frame. They were perfect and the easiest lenses to take out and replace. I followed the help video and it couldn't have been simpler. I will definataly be buying again from Sunglass Fix. The delivery was quick and arrived
when they said and their communication was also excellent. Thank you for a great transaction. 10/10

1 of 11 pages

Hey there, I’ve got a pair of Oakley Twoface sunglasses with really scratched lenses ( Colour: Polished Black Iridium Precision formed aluminum lower orbital and O Matter upper HD Polarized lenses UV protection Lens Category: 3), have you got lenses available for these sunglasses at all? Thanks, any feedback appreciated, cheers, Jeremy e. [email address removed] or m. [moblie number removed]

Jeremy B asked on May 17, 2018

Hi Jeremy,

We make a wide selection of lenses for the Oakly Twoface sunglasses. I'm not totally famiiar with all the oakley names of thei lenses. However, we do have several black Category 3 lenses with different finishings.
We have a plain black lens, a flash silver mirrored lens, a red/orange mirrored black lens and a blue/purple mirrored black lens all polarized.
Your best be it to visit the site here. Select Polarized and find the lens that best matches your current lenses (or find one you like even better).
HOpe that helps. Craig

I have a pair of rayban rb3016 clubmasters and i need to replace the lenses. My only question is will the left lens still have the rayban logo? I really enjoy the logo and its a deal breaker if it won't.

stylingballer23 asked on Jul 15, 2017

Answer this

Hi, Sorry, no logos, just great lenses. We manufacture our own lenses and have nothing to do with Ray Ban.
Best bet is to go to Sunglass Hut who is also owned by Luxottica (who owns Ray Ban too). OPSM is also owned by Luxottica so they may be able to help too.
We offer a high quality option for most consumers that don't support their product after sale, especially with regards to lenses. If you can't find replacement lenses or discover that getting lenses from Ray Ban proves too expensive or takes a few months we are always here to help but sorry, not branding or logos. Craig and the Team at The Sunglass Fix.

Hi there I have a pair of Prada SPR 12S ( new 2017) that are totally scratch from being dropped . Do you have these lenses or could I have some customer made for this frame ? Regards Julia

Jules asked on Jun 20, 2017

Answer this

Hi Julia, I have checked the site and lenses are not currently available for the Prada SPR12S frames. Probably too new.
Your best bet is to order custom make lenses. here.
Same price and we install them for you. However, there is some small shipping cost as we need your frames in the lab to do the work.
Thanks, Craig