Verified Customer

Give them a Miss, cheap plastic and poor colour!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Having dropped my Ray Bans and cracked a lens I looked on line for a replacement and found Sunglass Fix, I really which I hadn't!
The site is very misleading with its home page, its states that the replacement lenses will be as good if not better than the original but they are far from it.
Took 3 weeks after ordering to get them and when they came they were cheap plastic lenses, there's no weight to them which make the sunglasses sit and feel totally different, with out the logo's on it makes the sunglasses look like fake ones.
The colour is totally different and while they do fit it's not a secure fit.
Their customer service is exceptionally poor, when I contacted them all I got was message one - "I need to speak to my manager" fair enough, message two - (From the manager) its all in the small print!
When I said that there was nothing on the sites home page clearly saying that the lenses are plastic and will not come with any logo the reply was "our home page is there to sell lenses the detail is in the T&C's".
They did offer that I could return them at my own cost and once checked for any damage I could get a refund but sending them back to Australia for the sake of £38 is just too mush hassle.

My advice, put your £30/50 towards the "Real" lenses form a reputable local shop you can trust.

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Eho Man, First I would like to apologize for the experience you had with The Sunglass Fix. I'm having a serious look into our customer care's response to your complaint as it sounds abnormal. ... read more »

norwich

In the Bin!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

So with the good reviews I thought i couldn't lose but ... i did! I watched the vids and got to work but just couldn't get the lenses to fit. They say the lenses are a guaranteed fit but as an engineer by trade I measured the lenses and there over size of the originals by .3 of a milometer. The top of the frame near the screw doesn't sit flush because the lenses are bigger than the originals all the way round. I complained and they replaced the lenses but there still over size so in the bin they go as i nearly damaged my frames trying to make the lenses fit the first time.
Waste of time and money ... track the originals down there be glass not plastic and fit!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Sunglass Fix Official

Hi Buba, Sorry to hear about the fit problem. It's rare but it can happen. If we reshipped and the lens was still too large it could be one of two things. 1) You've got a different model number o... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Imitation lenses!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

No logo on lenses and slight variation in lense color leads me to believe these are not maui jim. Clarity seems less quality Unfortunately i didn't notice the fine print stating that no logo would be on my lenses. Cheesy option, should have went to Maui jim directly.

Verified Customer

Very bad seller, lenses for rayban rb3502 are very differents.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

Very bad spare, isn't glass.. is plastic and the colour isn't similar, very bad seller. I'm not happy with this seller is not clear in description of their products. Very bad.

willoughby

Private message

Think twice. These lenses fail over time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2015

I bought a replacement set of lenses for a pair of Ray Bans. They were okay lenses. My complaint is that these lens fail over time (mine after 2-3 years) in comparison to original lenses that will last virtually for ever if cared for. Mine were treated well but still delaminated around the edges making for some ugly little bubbles around the frames, and making them unwearable. I have never had this happen to a pair of sunglasses before. The manufacturer knows this and when I queried him he replied that this was normal and a life span in this range is to be expected and I should just buy another new set of lenses. I think this is deceptive and people should be told before buying replacements that they won't last as long as original Ray Ban lenses (for example) Otherwise if consumers are halfway careful with their glasses they should just buy a new pair of sunglasses or buy a replacement set of original lenses from Ray Ban. At least they will last a long time ( I have had Ray Bans that have lasted over 5 years several times and only died after getting crushed or broken).

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Poor fitment and customer svc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2016

Lenses didn't fit. Took to Optometrist who had to grind them down to fit. Customer service didn't offer to refund any portion. Would not recommend

Private message

Product didn't fit. Service was great though!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2015

The website, deliver, pricing eye was FABRASTIC. But the product itself was not suitable for my Rayban clubmasters. The shape and size was wrong based on the suggested lenses and now my glasses are unusable.

Great service - good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Very happy with my replacement lenses - so much cheaper than buying a new set of Oakleys. Easy to install and quick delivery.

Verified Customer

Happy to have found sunglass fix

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I ordered some replacement lenses for a pair of Prada sunglasses from sunglasse fix. They fit the glasses and the quality was very good. Although it didn't have prada etched in the lens, I was okay with that. For the price to replace the lines from sunglasse fix compared to a new pair of pradas I am more than happy with the results. Shipping took a while since they come from Australia, but they have a great customer service department that was helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend them to a friend and use their services and products again

Colin
From Ontario Canada

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

money saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

Purchased new lenses for my Oakley Fives 3.0
Arrived on time,look great and fit the frames well. Quality of lenses maybe not quite as good as original Oakleys, but for $40 what do u expect.Saved me about $150 so i am more than happy and will be shopping with Sunglass Fix again soon as i own two old pairs of Fives.
Thank you Sunglass Fix.

Sunglasses replacement lenses fro Raybans RB 3445.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

I am really impressed with this as it was easy to replace with your lenses and the lenses are fantastic. Great way not to buy new glasses and waste that money again. Thanks Sunglass Fix this was fantastic option, easy and affordable. Happy to recommend to family and friends.

very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

Easy to replace and worth while. company shipped quickly and were helpful with requests and technical advice. Would highly recommend these guys

Verified Customer

Great product and wonderful customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2015

I ordered replacement sunglass lenses online using the specifications on the web site and the model number on the sunglass earpiece. When the lenses arrived, they were a different size and did not fit. After some emailing back and forth, I decided to ship the frames to Sunglass Fix for an accurate sizing of the lenses. My wife's sunglasses arrived yesterday, and she is thrilled with the new lenses. Thanks to Aron for doing such a great job of replicating the stock lenses, and thanks to your company for the great product and great customer service.

Quick good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2014

I bought some old-style Oakley Water Jacket sunglasses on ebay to use while surfing in Indonesia, they worked well but were not polarised (which is crazy for glasses meant to be used for sailing, wind surfing, jet ski etc). Found the Sunglass Fix online and ordered polarised lenses to fit. They arrived within a couple of days but I had measured incorrectly- a quick phonecall and they organised a replacement set and a reply paid return envelope. The polarised lens are great for surfing and the glasses and lenses cost about a third of the new price (which I would not pay as they will probably get lost in the surf anyway). Sunglass Fix is definitely worth a try if you have scratched or cracked lenses but the frames are still good.

+ Good quality and price, v good service when needed to do a return

New South Wales

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Perfect Experience. Will be going back.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

After having my Ray Bans for a few years the original lens where destroyed. I was searching everywhere to try and find another pair but I stumbled across The Sunglass Fix. I was delighted to see they carried replacements for my glasses that had been discontinued by the company I purchased them through.

The lens arrived promptly and where a solid 10/10. I was able to select the level of tint and colour before checking out and I prefer the tint provide by The Sunglass Fix over the original lens. The lens I brought are now 6 months old and are still in perfect condition even with the way I treat my glasses.

The lens for my particular glasses where easy to replace as the frame is plastic. I assume if your frames are not plastic they might be harder to replace but there are videos on their website / YouTube channel to step you through replacing them.

I have noticed that other people are complaining that the lens do not come with 'Ray Ban' written on them. This is obvious as the lens are not genuine Ray Ban lens, they are replacements. So do not buy these lens if you care about the brand being printed on them.

Verified Customer

I have my favourite sunglasses back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Highly recommend! Scratched my Prada's on hols and thought I would have to bin them, thank god for Sunglass Fix!! Thank you soooooooooo much! Took a bit of effort to get old lenses out and new in but am absolutely delighted xx

3rd time, and keep coming back

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

This is the third time I have had sunglasses repaired. Paying $60 to get new lenses in a $200 pair of sunglasses where the frames aren't damaged is a no brainer. Excellent value and workmanship and even have my wife getting her glasses repaired instead of spending $300 on a new pair! What a win! I can't recommend The Sunglass Fix enough. Their customer service is excellent, their shipping packaging is robust and their turnaround time is fast.

Perth

• 7 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Fantastic service and quality by The Sunglass Fix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

What a great find this little company based outside Byron Bay is! They custom-cut and installed lenses in my 8-year old semi-rimless RB 3217 Ray Bans - I just received them back today and they look amazing! The turnaround time was just over 3 weeks, and that involved posting them from/to Perth which took a week in each direction. I was about to bin my sunglasses after the lenses cracked when I tightened the little screws holding them in (silly me!), and was actually looking for new sunglasses online when I came across an advert for The Sunglass Fix. The replacement lenses were unbelievably reasonably priced, and the consistently good reviews were very confidence-inspiring. Communication was fantastic - after I had placed my order online, an email was received telling me how to get my frames to The Sunglass Fix, another one advised me that they had arrived, then a final email notified me that they had been posted back to me and gave me the Australia Post tracking number. A potential complication was that I decided shortly after posting them to change the order to have them polarised, and then also a little later to change the colour of the lenses from green to dark grey. These changes were received with good grace - nothing is too much trouble for The Sunglass Fix! They confirmed my requested changes to my order by email and my online order page was also updated. I thought there might be additional costs involved with all this chopping and changing at the last minute, but no. As they say on their website, customer satisfaction is their priority.

I am very, very happy that I decided to get my lenses replaced instead of just consigning my favourite sunnies to landfill (as I'm sure a lot of people do once they've damaged their lenses and don't know where to go to get them replaced). The entire experience from start to finish was overwhelmingly positive, and I will be recommending The Sunglass Fix to all my friends. A lot of Australian businesses could learn a thing or two about customer service from the Sunglass Fix!

Sydney

• 2 answers

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Ordered a pair of lenses for my 7 years old Ray Bans. Once I have received them, I realized I ordered the wrong size and raised with the support. They sent (at their expense) the SAME day the RIGHT pair of lenses along with a PREPAID return envelope to return the wrong one I have ordered. How awesome is that?

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

The Sunglass Fix is personable, efficient,quality and excellent communicators.They know how to fix sunglasses and they are professional and very organised.I was so happy to find a company that did this. My lovely sunglasses suffered a slight crack on one of the lenses and rather than buy a new pair I was able to fix.

1 of 10 pages

I have a pair of rayban rb3016 clubmasters and i need to replace the lenses. My only question is will the left lens still have the rayban logo? I really enjoy the logo and its a deal breaker if it won't.

stylingballer23 asked on Jul 15, 2017

Answer this

Hi, Sorry, no logos, just great lenses. We manufacture our own lenses and have nothing to do with Ray Ban.
Best bet is to go to Sunglass Hut who is also owned by Luxottica (who owns Ray Ban too). OPSM is also owned by Luxottica so they may be able to help too.
We offer a high quality option for most consumers that don't support their product after sale, especially with regards to lenses. If you can't find replacement lenses or discover that getting lenses from Ray Ban proves too expensive or takes a few months we are always here to help but sorry, not branding or logos. Craig and the Team at The Sunglass Fix.

Hi there I have a pair of Prada SPR 12S ( new 2017) that are totally scratch from being dropped . Do you have these lenses or could I have some customer made for this frame ? Regards Julia

Jules asked on Jun 20, 2017

Answer this

Hi Julia, I have checked the site and lenses are not currently available for the Prada SPR12S frames. Probably too new.
Your best bet is to order custom make lenses. here.
Same price and we install them for you. However, there is some small shipping cost as we need your frames in the lab to do the work.
Thanks, Craig

Hi, I have a pair of Preen Nottingham sunnies & have dropped them on sand & now there's annoyingly abrasion on each lens right at eyeball level, they're a lovely quality shade & would love to have you take care of them for me based on all your great reviews. not fussed if the lenses are slightly different to originals but ideally darker the better. if possible how do i get them to you. Cheers, Gyorgyi

Gyorgyi asked on Mar 15, 2017