Launceston

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Preferred the older midel

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

I donated my superseded TM to my sister, and treated myself to the latest model. I much preferred the older model. The latest model is far to gimmicky. I absolutely hate using the computer chip. I prefer to cook without recipes which I found much easier in the older model. I find the touch screen is far too touchy, and too slow. I was going to buy a second hand older model for myself, and now wish I had. I used my older model at least once every day, most days several times. I prefer to do a lot of things the old fashioned way now than to use this newer version. By the time I’ve juggled through all the touch screen knobs I’ve usually already managed to chop the parsley, or grate the Parmesan the old fashioned way. I always used the older model for those little tasks. i only use my newer model a few times a week - it hardly justifies the bench space it takes up.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Can’t beat it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I use this machine to cook bulk meals for the week for my husband it’s just made life so much easier. And who doesn’t love a good risotto, this machine you throw it in the bowl and walk away no more stirring. I have never successfully made a risotto on the stove. The kids and I make cakes and cookies and lots of fun things.
You can make food in the bowl and use the Varoma on top to steam other things like your vegetables. Everything can be cooked at the same time and less washing up. I know they sound expensive but it you don’t have all the other appliances lying around your house then get a thermomix. I use it for everything.

• 12 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Thermomix review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Blending stuff like home made cake and quick sorbet and whipping stuff like cream and mincing meat into homemade mince by blending it and

And a issue when making fruit sorbet the machine fails to work with ice inside

Machine is great

Gisborne

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Aug 2012

This is a fantastic Kitchen appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

I dont know how many times I have told my husband I love the TMX, it is makes cooking all round 10x quicker, processes that would normally take a lot of time so much easier and faster, things I would never think of even making are regular staples in our house now because of ease of use.
The noise of the TM31 is the only thing I can fault, when we purchased this, i had a newborn and was worried about waking her but soon got too learn it didnt bother her but its really the only thing I can fault.
Easy to clean, the bowl i just shove in the DW - we use the TMX at least twice every day.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM21 Date Purchased: Jan 2013

Easy To Use, Convenient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

The Thermomix is great at combining multiple gadgets into one easy to use appliance. It's quite expensive but we got it as a wedding gift. If we hadn't I wouldn't usually purchase something from this price point.

The engineering of the product is immaculate and it's extremely easy to maintain, If I could recommend something it would be to lower the price point so other people can obtain the benefits of its use.

Newcastle

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 6 answers

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jan 2011

Handle fell apart. No help from Thermomix as it is out of warranty.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

The Thermomix handle (on the side of the main bowl) simply fell apart unexpectedly. This was a shock as we have kept it in excellent condition since new. It is obviously held together by glue, and a screw (which has rusted through). My suggestion to Thermomix is to use "stainless steel" screws when dealing with kitchen appliances which get washed on a regular basis. However, I was surprised to hear back from Thermomix that they offer NO HELP as soon as it goes out of warranty! I had heard about their poor customer service - but was shocked to experience it myself! Why have I paid all that money if there if the product is not good quality, not long-lasting, and there is no help from the seller (beyond the minimum obligation)? I have other kitchen appliances which have lasted much longer and cost a fraction of the price. Other than that, the scales do not work intermittently (this has been the case since new). It is not easy to clean. It is VERY VERY VERY noisy (you could get industrial deafness from using it). Very disappointed. I would NOT recommend to buy a Thermomix unless you like throwing your money away.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

A staple in my kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I have the TM5 and can't live without this. It literally does eveything! From grating blocks of parmesan to steaming fish, to chopping garlic, to stir-frying.. my favourite part is how it also has an inbuilt scale so no more playing the guessing game. My only gripe is that it's sometimes hard to get stuff out from under the blades especially if you've made noodles or spaghetti. But other than that, it's easy to take apart and clean and I think the cost is worth-it if you use it at least 3 to 4 times a week which we do!

Perth

• 2 comments

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Love it, use it every day, but VERY overpriced.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Love this device, use it daily for all sorts of things.Can't fault it's quality & reliability, have had it for 3 years now.Just very expensive, far too overpriced for my liking however. Other competitor offerings for a far cheaper price. Would try one of the other products next time for sure.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Appalling reliability and Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

I bought my TM31 Xmas Eve 2014 on a whim and after a few champagnes. Over that Xmas I used it quite a bit. Then stopped and used it intermittently. I immediately, within weeks, received a replacement seal in the mail which I duly started using January 2015. I noted that it made it a lot harder to close the lid and the force needed to close the lid distorted the pouring lip. It did not worry me at the time. In September 2015 the blades sheared off in spite of its rather light use by this stage. They were replaced straight away but my suspicions were up. The Over the 2015/2016 xmas I started getting error messages and the speed dial was not consistently adjusting the speed. I rang thermomix and they told me that it was my fault as I had got the contact pads wet. I hadn't but thought maybe my adolescent daughter had when she used it. I left it as by that stage we were not using it very much and it was kept in a cupboard. I pulled it out for Xmas 2016/2017 and the dial now went to speed 9 on 0 and speed 0/off in an arbitrary position somewhere between 0 and 9. Disturbed I rang thermomix and they told me it was outside warranty period and I had to bring machine in which I did. Customer Service suggested that the cracks in the front of the face along with the distorted lip indicated that the thermomix had been heavily used and abused and they would need to take it apart out the back to determine what other damage I had done to it to cause the dial to slip the way it was. I then grew a set and told them that they were not going to open up the machine without me being present because I was absolutely certain that the inside of the machine was going to be immaculate. She got quite snotty with me but relented. The technician came out and low and behold, it was clean and tidy. He told me the motherboard was burnt out because of heavy use. I corrected him about the use, at this stage I may have used it once a month over an 18 month period (machine was just shy of 2 years) It was going to cost between $300-500 to fix with labour. I was not impressed and challenged him on the heavy use conclusions. Anyway eventually it cost $120 as they paid for the labour and I paid for parts. Tricky customer service.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jan 2010

Was amazing but many faults after a few years

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I have my Thermomix for over 7 years and still use it daily. It's a great appliance with so many uses but the quality has diminished over the years. The scales no longer work, the blades aren't as sharp and doesn't feel like it did years ago. Replacement pieces can be purchased but I was told when purchasing that it would easily last ten years without having to spend anything else or pay out for regular services.

• 6 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jun 2012

Perfect for families

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I couldn't live without it now after having it for over 5 years. It makes so many daily tasks a breeze. I get so much more out of my food owning this. The options for use are endless. The online recipe collection is amazing...you can pretty much thermomix anything!! Ease of use I love the manual buttons on the tm 31 Im starting to worry about all the cooking appliances going fully electric.

Adelaide

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Cannot live without it! Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

This is a staple kitchen tool. From a beginner to a pro it will change your life with the way you cook and prepare food. I love being able to whip up pancakes within seconds. Boil water within minutes - goodbye kettle!! Even a Sunday roast can be done in this amazing appliance. I can't think of anything I can fault and I've owned mine for 3 almost 4 years now! It takes me 4 seconds to clean the thermomix - hot water 2 seconds on high, 2 seconds on reverse high.. woolah! Well worth the money! The consultant you buy through is well trained and is a world of knowledge and willing to help you love your thermomix just like they do - utilise them and the online thermomix community

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

I use it every day.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Thermomix is easy to clean and I use it for a multitude of reasons. It mixes, cooks, chops, makes delicious drinks and the list goes on. My most valuable kitchen appliance by far. Mine is two years old and hasn't missed a beat. I do highly recommend it to anyone - great cook or basic cook.

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great - but expensive.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

You can do everything another way - but, it does make it a lot easier. It kind of does the cooking for you - and there are heaps of free recipes on the internet.
It pretty easy to operate and to clean. The only real downside is how expensive it is up front, and then how sensitive it is - such as you can't tap the side of the bowl (due to the scales/sensors in it) and you can't slide it around due to the scales/feet.

It particularly comes into its own making sauces, or risotto.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Oct 2009

The lazy cook's best friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

My kitchen changed forever the day Thermie came to town. Until then, I had never made risotto - now I have a repertoire of risottos - including creamy garlic prawn - my fave. Thermie takes the stress out of unexpected guests, as long as you have the basic ingredients on hand, you can whip up dips in seconds. Oh, and you will never buy butter ever again! I wish I had Thermie when my kids were growing up.

Perth

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

So happy with my Thermomix, has changed my life in the kitchen.
Have found that I have started making so many more things from scratch I simply would not have attempted prior. Mainly due to how many dishes it would have made.
My consultant was really helpful and has even answered a few questions over SMS:)

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Best invention ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

A serious lifesaver when it comes to cooking for my young family. Having 2 under 2 and no spare time to prep healthy meals the thermomix rescued us :) my kids love thermie meals and its so quick and easy to make tasty food. cleaning is pretty easy and it takes seconds to pull apart and put back together after washing the bowl and blade.

• 16 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2012

Powerful as!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

The only way to stay healthy - this little powerful blender does everything - we use it to make icecream even! Had it for a few years now and we have never had any problems with it. Always works and blends even the toughest stuff - perfect for smoothies and soups too.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

• 1 comment

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

I like it, Its growing on me.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I have had this for 8 months. I live in a tiny residence so making home made soup comes at a space cost.

Whats good :
It cooks, chops, steams, weighs
it has a warranty which covers the system and I believe the blade base.

Whats alright:
Food can often be caught in a 2 mm gap between the base of the blade and the attachment of the blade.
tumeric can stain the lid for a number of weeks turning it green.

Whats not so good:
It can be quite loud ( i like my delicate hearing :) )
It need supervision for the higher powered jobs (when the feet move around).

What would be nice:
A website so that people that had unthermomixed recipes would be able to convert it and save to computer or print off.

Darwin

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Was good until you call the customer service for broken parts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I have a TM5 for nearly two years, but just start using it everyday after my baby's ready for solids.
Three weeks ago, the base of the mixing bowl was burnt and melted a bit causing the blades couldn't be locked properly, so I called the customer service line.
The first staff who was handling this was ok, said will send me a new base, but it took two weeks to arrive. And once I tried the new base, it was very loose and I can use one finger to unlock it. I wouldn't risk damaging the whole machine so I called customer service again.
Meanwhile, I had to return the mixing bowl I borrowed from a friend, so I asked them if there's anyway they could help since I need it everyday to make baby food. But they just said there's nothing they could do...
I'm quite disappointed for the service I got considering that the price we paid for the machine. It's over 2000 machine and they can't just send me a replacement, while I paid $300 for Avent electric breast pump and they sent me a brand new one when the original one was out of order.
I feel like not been taken care of when asked them for help, they don't care what your baby gonna eat or what you gonna do without it.
First time I feel regret buying it. Better don't rely on it too much because once it broken, you're on your own.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 30 pages

TM5

Is the plastic parts in TM5 BPA FREE?

Gie asked on Sep 24, 2017

Hi Gie,
yes, all plastic components (made of food-grade polyethersulfone - PES) of the TM5 are BPA free.
For the sake of completeness I should add that, however, trace amounts of BPA have been used in the lid of the Varoma and Measuring Cup for the older TM31 model solely for the purpose of hardening. I remember reading that Vorwerk acknowledged this and commissioned a couple of toxicological investigations to ensure there is no transference to food matter; all test results were below what is called (in laboratory terms) Limit of Detection (LOD) for BPA compounds, noting that the WHO trigger value for BPA detection is approximately 300 times higher than the LOD; thus, I would say those parts are suitable for cooking food. By comparison, some clothing, coating and cosmetic products are way more hazardous to human health than the Thermomix plastic components.
Hope this helps.

TM5

Do you think it's safe to carry a TM5 through 3 flights on checked luggage? TIA

Lídia R asked on Sep 13, 2017

Answer this

No way. The checked luggage gets thrown around with great abandon. Carry it on with you.

I personally wouldn't take the risk. I've seen how the treat luggage when loading it onto planes and off.

Oh, I was hoping so much to have a positive answer .... I've been hearing here and there that traveling with it on the cabine not always works. And having three flights ahead is way too stress for me.
it seems the machine it's bigger than the info I checked about cabin measures.

TM31

I have just inherited a TM31, and have pressed the Varoma button to get the higher temp. It flashes and then the light turns off after about 1 minute. It is not heating up at all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks :)

Jill K asked on Sep 01, 2017

Answer this

When you use the Varoma setting you need to select a time on the timer, otherwise it won't work. I think this is a safety feature, so that you don't end up cooking something on the Varoma setting (very high temps) for an indefinite amount of time. I'm not sure if this will help you, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details