Quambatook

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Machine to Build Confidence in Cooking

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

The TM5 has allowed me to have confidence in my cooking.
It is fantastic at cooking rice and pasta, creates ease for making cakes (including icing), can grind spices simply and quickly. Fantastic for making things from scratch like bread, pizza bases, naan, curry paste.
Best function is the varoma (steaming) which allows me to cook a healthy meal all at once
It is easy to clean, the bowl comes apart simply and is dishwasher safe. I find I forget to clean the body of the machine, so they can be stubborn particularly on the locking mechanism.
It can be bulky on the bench and not that easy to put away, so need to be prepared to have it out all the time

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Very happy I decided to purchase this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

OK but pricey

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I love my machine, i use it every day and its well missed when i dont have it but when i brought my machine, unfortunately, the time my consultant came around to give me demo on how to use it, clean it etc there was a medical emergency in my house. She said she would how me at my party but time got away from us and of course that didn't happen. Anyway i referred to the manual on how to clean it and one of the small parts on the back accidentally fall into the back of the machine. It is still under warranty for parts but they said i will need to pay for it and also pay a service call for someone to come and fix it. Although it was my fault i feel that they could of helped me out by perhaps offering to at least provide me with the new part seeing its under warranty. My lid was also broken..not my fault and they didn't want to replace that. For they money you pay for it the warranty really is not good enough in my opinion.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

great product for a single person too

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I never realized how great the thermie is for a single person. I use to cook at lot, but i had to the large batches. But with the thermomix, I can just cook the right portion just for me, and it's really easy to do. The blades and the different settings you can use are amazing. Only down-side is the price, but I guess if I used it everyday, it will make up for it in no time.

Purchased at: eBay

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Very handy machine - use it daily, but high purchase cost

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

The main negatives are the initial cost , and the seal needs replacing regularly. Mine leaks water out the top which I hate. However even then I can use it for mixing cakes , fantastic with dough . The grinder was not really fine enough for my liking and I have tried mince but it's too chunky. Also cleaning can be a little tedious but it dismantles and assembles quickly. Would rate it 5 stars if it didn't leak which I think can lead to major safety issues.

Canningvale

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jul 2014

My daily life saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

We hardly eat out since we got the thermomix.We had it for 3 years now and we use it almost daily. sometimes twice a day. good for busy mums. I relied on it to cook all meals when i was pregnant and couldn't stand the smell of cooking. Love it!

• 2 comments

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love love love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Wish I had of found this appliance years ago! So easy to use, I love the recipie chips you attach to the side that walk you through the recipie step by step - even the worst cook will struggle to mess this up! My husband has even started cooking, it's that easy to use! In the beggining I struggled to get into the habit of using it so I set myself a challenge to use it everyday and now I hardly use my stove top. I love that you can make all your ingredients from scratch and you know exactly what you are feeding your family. It's very easy to clean as everything is dishwasher safe. The only con is that it doesn't warn you if you haven't put the blades and base on properly so you can fill the motor with liquid if you aren't careful.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2017

Best thing u could ever buy whether you love to cook or can't!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Central Coast

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Best kitchen tool ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

What an amazing machine, and it has changed the way I cook forever. Fast, easy and so many online recipes to choose from. I was able to pay the machine off interest free and my Thermomix sales person was amazing. Highly recommend, just buy one and become amazing in the kitchen too.

London

• 1 review
  • 3 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Can't imagine cooking without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

We now use the Thermomix on average 3 times a day. I love that it pushes me to cook more adventurous dishes with great success. The whole family now cooks using the interactive recipe chips and we eat hardly any processed foods now, including ketchup and bread. I don't know how my friends manage without one.

Launceston

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Excellent for chopping mixing and cooking. Takes longer to get ingredients out of the cupboard than it takes to prepare them. Only down side to the machine is that it the mixing bowl can get a bit heavy and it sometimes is difficult to get the last bit of mixture out because the blades are in the base. Very easy to clean. Love my thermo and wish I had one years ago.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Broken down after 3 years

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I really love the functionality of the machine and all it can do and while it eas working it is great.. and now just on 3 years and out of warranty the screen has gone and will cost over $200 to repair.. for the price of the machine it needs a longer warranty

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 47 pages

TM31

What to do if you for got to put blade in before adding liquids?

Lyn asked on Jul 12, 2017

TM5

After selecting "Transportation Mode" I get the message "Please shut down ". What do I do? Do I just turn the power off?

Judy H asked on Jun 11, 2017

Answer this

Press the big silver button until it shuts down. You should always avoid shutting it down by just unplugging it.

Do just as Harmamic says. Keep your finger on the big silver button until the sign comes on saying Thermomix will now shut down. You should shut your machine down this way after each use.

TM31

I have been out of the country for several months and returned to use my Thermomix 31 and it will not even turn on what should I do?

jennifer bond asked on Jun 08, 2017

Answer this

Check the fuse in the Thermomix plug then check that the plug socket itself has not blown a fuse. If the electrical elements seem ok, call your local Thermomix Advisor or Thermomix Head Office who will be able to help.

I have found Thermomix Office very helpful with any questions their number is 1800 004 838 from 8.30 am to 5 pm.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details