Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Love it...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Yes have before Thermomix 31 and update to TM5 can be without, never have any problems because I and my wife take care off machine yes it is expensive but worth spending money, help my allergies problems.TM5 used every day for last 4 years and the same T31 for 5 years.

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Excellent for families with Allergies or intolerances

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

One impressive key function is its milling ability... We have a lot of allergies in our family and you can’t buy a dairy, gluten, soy and egg free bread anywhere as far as I can see, and definitely not for $4/kg loaf!
It’s opened up our options considerably and many recipes are very cost effective.
Some recipes may not be as flavoursome (no bottom of pan caramelisation etc.) but I’m willing to give that up sometimes in exchange for the fact I can walk away while it cooks my dinner.
There’s definitely some good tasty recipes around and so many recipes everywhere online for practically anything.
I do wish it was quieter but I suppose any blender crushing ice or milling rice would make the same amount of noise.
It’s also quite handy for baby food.
I always end up with less dishes overall nowadays too! And everything is dishwasher safe! (Apart from the base obviously)
It is pricey but I’ve never heard of cheap imitations lasting long and I know people who have owned their Thermomix 7+ years.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

Nothing wrong with the machine. It is very very expensive and 75% of your money goes as a marketing commission. This machine can't sell in the open market because of the price. Recipes are not tasty. You have to make your own recipes if you are a spicy guy. There are lots of cheaper options are available in the market rather than buying this expensive monster.

Forestville

• 14 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2018

Got this as a wedding present, use it all the time. Had some issues originally as I wasn’t very careful with the scales in the feet. Customer service picked it up from the door and all fixed free of charge (for the first 2 year). I think if it’s properly looked after there shouldn’t be issues and as long as you’re open to learning to integrate it into your cooking you’ll come to rely on it!

Verified Purchase Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Dec 2008

Great fast food maker - essential kitchen device for a modern family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

The TM31 in coming up for its 10th birthday and has been lugged thousands of kilometres for a few years in a van. For a kitchen appliance used many times a day over 10 years this is exceptional.
Apart from one service to recalibrate the scales and a blade set and the consumerable lid seals this is a go to machine in the kitchen.
It makes meals faster than takeaway delivery at a fraction of the price.

Would buy again.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Terrible after market service - machine broken with little use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Thought I bought quality - wrong. My machine did not get used very much at all, the bowl pin broken away - apparently this Steele’s steel part is a consumable & they wanted slug me for the cost of a new bowl $180 after hardly any use. The service department very robotic reason & little care. Definitely don’t recommend!

• 2 questions

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

I love my Thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I use it to cook all my meal, I bought it as I wanted to cook food back to basics rather than buying pre made sauces and tinned tomatoes etc
I just purchased a cook key and I highly recommend it. I have established all my recipes favourites and have been able to add from English and USA Thermomix cookbooks
The only problem I have had it the rubber surround on my lid has broken off a small piece and I’m not sure if anyone else has had an issue
I have emailed Thermomix and hopefully they can help me

Canberra

• 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Appalling After Sales Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Unfortunately Thermomix's after sales service is non-existent. I've been chasing them for over two weeks now to deactivate a Cook-Key so that I can start using it. They originally told me that it would take two days to complete.
This is despite several follow up calls and emails to their contact centre.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Feb 2018

It’s a great machine!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Overall it’s been great, so many delicious meals and treats have been made and so many more to try!
It is incredibly expensive and I still struggle to justify the price, but having said that is is great, I’ve never used anything like it! It does save some time, probably not as much as I’d like but my previous cooking was lots of premade jars etc, thermomix recipes don’t have all the additives and junk so it’s much better for my family.
If I could sum it up, it’s most of my appliances all rolled into one, a top notch blender that heats and stirs and kneads and so much more that I haven’t discovered yet!
I’d strongly recommend a cooking class that thermomix run, I fumbled through my first few recipes, found my feet and was off running! If you can get it at a discounted price, the cook-key is a great addition, it’s basically a digital cook book that tells you step by step how to cook the recipes from online, it’s fool proof!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

Love my thermomix.
Its a fantastic kitchen appliance that we use almost every day. The recipes it comes with are surprisingly really good. I made a cheese cake the other day that would have to be in the top 10, very impressed with myself.
I was concerned about the cleaning however I found that the self cleaning function works a treat.
Would defiantly recommend to anyone!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

A fabulous appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

A fabulous appliance that makes meal times a whole lot easier.
Hundreds and thousands of recipes are available through Cookidoo, allowing me to be experimental, creative and make good choices at the push of a button, it takes all of the hard work and mess out of cooking. (no more standing over a stove stirring)
As a nutritionist being able to control ingredients is paramount and should be every families priority.

Gold Coast

• 1 question

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Awesome product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I can’t belive how many things this machine can do and do well. We use it everyday, from steaming Vegas, cooking stroganoff or making pizza dough. Even the prep jobs like dicing onion or chopping up garlic.
We even mill our own flaxseeds make our own curry pastes. We love our thermi.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Great unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Fantastic machine that simplifies our cooking life. We have used this unit almost every night since purchasing. For those who don’t have much time to cook or prefer simplified recipe cooking, this will be the answer to your prayers. After reviously owning the sister model, we had to upgrade when this became available

Generation: TM21 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Great machine that can do almost anything. I know price point can be a sticking point to purchasing a thermomix, however it’s prefect for a small kitchen where counter space and storage is short. It’s means you don’t need to own 5 different appliances. If you have food sensitivities or are looking at additive and preservative free diet this machine is a god send especially if you don’t live in a major centre and have issues with access to alternative foods. The automated recipes make it so easy to use if you not a cook.

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Recipes not tested.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I have the TM5 Basic Cookbook. I don’t believe theses recipes have been tested before they have been printed. This is very unprofessional considering how much Thermomix charge for their product. I made the choc chip cookies, terrible, runny mixture, so thin breaky biscuits.
I made soft butter rolls, not soft at all. My dog liked them. The mixture was dry and the rolls are a scone texture, a terrible scone, and they are heavy.
Thermomix needs to lift its game.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Finally bought one and love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I have wanted a thermomix for so long but the large price tag continually put me off purchasing. I was recently invited to a thermomix party demonstration and purchased one on the day. They are far better than I ever anticipated and very easy to use. You don’t have to study a manual as you get in home tutorials.

• 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

It works as expected, but the portion sizes are way too small. A full bowl barely feeds 2 adults and 2 children. The Cookidoo website doesn't have many recipes and I won't bother paying for the yearly subscription once it runs out as its just not worth it. Nearly all of the recipes are for very small servings also. The Varoma cooking is uneven and fiddly and pointless. It'd be easier to steam something on the stove. I think the people who say they are happy about these machines are just trying to kid themselves out of guilt of wasting so much money on it.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I purchased my TM5 in March and have never looked back-yes they are on the expensive side but it takes me so much time and very little fuss. To be able to prepare meals in the one pot is fantastic. There is also an interest free option which is great for those who cant fork out over $2000 .

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: May 2013

I love my Thermomix! Only wish I could Use it More often!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

I've had it for a few years now and I just love how well it is built and how quick and easy it is to whip up whatever your heart desires. I really look forward to using it to its full potential when I have kids and a family of my own. Also great for doing food for parties. My favourite all time use is making butter YUMMY! I'm never buying butter from store again. This tastes divine and cost less that store butter... it literally melts in your mouth.. store butter sticks to your mouth! Just awesome that you can also cook, set and step away... come back and it is all done! Great for people who don't have time to slave away in the kitchen. Hope I can make this machine last for another 20yrs!!

Sydney

• 2 questions

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love my Thermomix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Cooking made easy with the TM5!

I’m making things I would never have dreamed I would do. I love making things from scratch from vegetable stock to icing sugar!

Inspiration is easy with the recipe platforms.

The only issue I have is cleaning the arms. It is hard to get into them and clean as I am concerned they may break.

1 of 34 pages