Brisbane

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Best Appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Love my TM5. Had it about 3 years. Use it every day. Mostly to blend , chop, puree. I make salads, smoothies, protein balls, desserts, drinks, and loads of other stuff. I don't cook much in it but it makes food production easy and fast. The only downside is that the spout on the mixing bowl is hard to pour drinks from. This downside wasn't big enough to drop it down a star though.

Adelaide

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Experienced cook- I love the Thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I'm a pretty experienced cook, I've always loved cooking so I didn't think the Thermomix was for me but it has helped me do much more with ingredients. Being able to grind seeds as a substitute for nuts and making your own flours is amazing and saves so much money. I use it for kneading bread which now takes no effort so I make it more often. Its much easier to make things from scratch which means you can control the fats and sugars that go into your food. I've had both the TM31 and the TM5.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Easiest way of cooking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

The easiest way to cook . I can cook absolutely anything now . The best Chinese food ever . Love it. The cook key gives you the ability to cook food from all over the world. I never imagined cooking the food I do in my Thermie . Amazing. You really need to talk to a consultant and get one on your kitchen!!!

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent kitchen appliance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

About 10-15years ago when I saw my first Thermomix demo I decided I would have one some day. Then they got trendy and I hated them. Everyone seems to be carrying, giving you random jars of home made curry paste and ground spices. I figured there'd be a whole generation of kids who wouldn't know how to saute an onion. But, 1.5 years ago I went to another demo as a favour to a friend. The timing was perfect - I'd spent several days in the kitchen doing a bunch of baking and had decided I needed to get myself a decent appliance. At that stage I was leaning towards a KitchenAid. After the Thermie demo, I drove home, pondered and texted the demonstrator (also a friend) and issued my retraction. I love that I can prepare and cook in the one pot. It's relatively easy to clean. And I've managed to convert some of my own favourite recipes for prep in the machine. It takes a bit of planning, and sometimes it's a pain having to wash in between preparation steps, but I'd have to do that anyway. I've had a weird clicking when the arms close over the lid, but a video to the hasn't convinced the service department there's anything wrong. I know it's not right but I'll persist if it keeps up.
I probably would have been just as happy with a KA, but I would have also had to buy a food processor, so the fact that this machine could grind to powder, as well as chop, saute and cook it sold me. I don't have the bench or cupboard space for several machines, and I'm also not interested in dragging them in an out of cupboards.
The Thermie sits on a thin mat that I can use to drag it to where I can use it easily. And my 9yo godson loves following the instructions to make things when he visits.
I definitely recommend it, but watch videos, go to demos to work out what sort of appliance you really do need. And wait for good bonus offers if you purchase - don't just get the machine, make sure you get some other free goodies.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Restaurant quality meals, and I can't cook

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Never cooked much before I got my thermomix.
Biggest pros for me are its powerful, versatile and turns itself off when its finished cooking. No standing there stirring.

I can buy less baking ingredients and create what I need with those. For eg. I can make my own almond flour from almonds or icing sugar from crystals.

Very easy to clean and keep looking nice.

Cons...bit noisy during operation, the alarm to say its finished doesnt stop beeping until you remove the jug. Wish it whipped cream or egg whites.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Terrible company and worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

The tm31 idea is brilliant and it could have saved you time in the kitchen. But I don’t use mine and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
The tm31 machines are ALL faulty and have a risk of causing serious burns and injuries. Despite being unsafe there is difficulty in getting a refund. The thermomix Australia company are terrible to deal with and rude and no help at all. Save your money!

Port Hedland, Western Australia

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Don't remember life without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I would recommend this product to anyone who steps foot in a kitchen. From beginners to advance, there is literally something for everyone. I love challenging myself to making stuff I've never made before and also love it for it's simplicity (soups etc). I even boil my eggs in it to make dippy eggs as it does it perfect every time.

The cook key is brilliant, worth the money for sure! I chose what I want to make during the week while I'm at work on the computer then email myself the shopping list for on the way home.

Super easy to clean.. I was skeptical about putting it in the dishwasher at first as I was scared I would break it haha but It's all okay to do that!

I can't even think of anything bad to say? I literally use this everyday.

If you're thinking about it , DO IT.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Fantastic and never felt unsafe using it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

I love my Thermomix. I know about the sealing ring issue and was more than compensated with the extra bowl and new ring to cover the issue of the faulty sealing ring. I use my Thermomix mostly for baking, grinding, steaming and stirring dishes that I refuse to stand by the stove to cook for an hour. I also use it to grind wheat and seed for my chickens which saves buying chicken crumbles. It saves me time and encourages me to cook things like breads etc that I would not normally make by hand. You can't beat it for creaming cold butter when making biscuits etc.

A real time saver and my kids have learned to use it too. When they suddenly feel like a custard and I am too tired to make it they will do it themselves and I don't have to worry about them burning the pan!

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: May 2014

Thermomix is a disaster waiting to happen

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

I wish I could give negative stars. This company has been horrific to deal with from the start. They lied to me about a new model coming out and then when my lid kept unlocking itself and hot liquid was splashing out they did not inform me that they were aware that there was an issue with my machine and people were being burnt. When I asked for a refund between 2014-2016 they denied me repeatedly and treated me like an inconvenience that they wished would go away. They are the most unethical, greedy and dishonest company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Do yourself a favour and buy your appliances from a store where you can return it if it is defective because this pyramid-selling scheme will burn you, literally in some cases. Consumer protection has also failed everyone who has a defected TM31 machine by not pushing to allow them the refunds we are entitled to when a product has a known major fault and does not work as demonstrated.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Apr 2013

Unsafe product left in the houses of Australians

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

The product should be removed from the market and those that bought their $2000 cheese graders been offered to get their money back. TiA keeps on changing the rules and have now even asked the customers to use the product at alternative settings just to suit them. If you speak to them about the product they sends you out a green seal. They have no loyalty towards their customers.
I bought it and was told my kids can use it yet now I can't even use it with my kids in the house. We weren't told that the new release was coming out even though some of their consultants was told that the new release would be coming out.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: May 2013

Too Scared To Use Anymore...

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

G'day,
Well, what can I say.
I did originally think that this machine was the best thing since sliced bread...
I did obtain a tm31.
Now I too scared to use it in case it explodes hot stuff over me and my kitchen...
Makes for a great doorstop...
Sob sob sob...

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Unsafe and faulty appliances left in homes - failure to recall

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

After waiting for years to have a thermomix, I got one as a gift from all family members and friends.
We had checked with the consultant that no release was expected and were being told that nothing had been planned. The new model came out 2 months later, and to make things worse, I was advised shortly after that my machine needed a new seal as the original one had been recalled for safety reasons.
Despite the disappointment of having an outdated 2 month old machine, I had been using it on a daily basis mostly to blend things and to steam veggies in the varoma, but also to do soups during Winter. For these, I have had to hold the machine down as it moves a lot along the bench when blended, especially hot liquid, but have been using it with my 2 yo assisting me as he loves to watch.
Fast forward to today, when multiple cases of people getting serious burns or other injuries have been brought to light, and Thermomix has been fined millions for knowing the product was unsafe and not letting their customers know, and making people sign non disclosure agreements when these customers were trying to alert the public. They are sending new TM5 machines to the owners of the machines sold and delivered with the 3 months period (so faulty machines are still in homes of families), but all the other ones, which they have identified as faulty but were sold outside the period are not being recalled. Worst, they keep advertising them as safe when more people are speaking up about being injured.
I have been using it with my kids not being fully aware of the risks, but now that I know, how coule I ever use it for its intended purposes and put my family at risk

• 1 question

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Best purchase ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

Can't imagine life without thermomix. I also have the older version TM31 and the 5 is much better. I use it everyday. Love the guided cooking and the new Cook key that gives access to recipes all over the world. I can cook much healthier and meals I would have never dreamed of cooking

Western Australia

• 1 review

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Apr 2014

Machine good.. Customer service poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

I actually have a TM5 and TM31. Whilst I like the product (mainly my TM5 as it is safe) for cooking from scratch, I don't feel the company has been very honest with customers. I purchased my TM31 in April 2014 (I was allocated a TM31 from a faulty batch). I was sent a green sealing ring in 2015, because as I understood the grey sealing ring was faulty. If I had known that there was a fault with the product then I would not have purchased it. In light of the ACCC hearing, and reading of incidents that had happened prior to 2014, I questioned whether the TM31 was safe via email, only to be sent a copy and paste generic response stating that all electrical appliances, have an inherent risk of injury. While this is true, companies who are aware normally withdraw a product, like Samsung did when they realised there was in issue with the Galaxy Note 7, and suspended sales. I feel I was given the brush off by Thermomix. There are lots of good Thermocookers on the market, without going through a multi level marketing company.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

A must have kitchen appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

The thermomix has changed the way we cook at home. Thermomix does everything and more, including a colour touch screen with details steps and an inbuilt set of scales. I love being able to just chuck everything in and let the machine do all the working. The thermomix is a huge time saver and is a must have

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

When my wife wanted one I was resistant but I love it and it has made the weekly cooking easier for everyone. Can I live without - yes, do I want to live without - no. It just makes it easier to do different things.

The only con is the bench space you give up.

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

How do i give this 100 stars!?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I hate cooking,everything about it. Just hate it.
The thermomix has changed my Life! Literally. I have a baby and a very hungry husband who is sick of eating crap on a stick all the time, so I caved in and bought a thermomix. And wow! Cooking and preparing with this doesn't even bother me, I get excited when I use it, which is almost daily and then about 4 times per day on a weekend.
My baby and myself have allergies and be able to whip up something yummy in no time with hardly any effort still surprises me.
It steams, suite's, blends, kneeds, chops, obliterates, it does the lot.
I'm looking every day for new recipes to try and am loving being able to cook everything we can eat.
The time and stress this has saved me is amazing! Being guided through each ingredient and volume is a life saver. I have cooked everything from dinner to dessert and I am loving it!
I just chuck it in the dishwasher when I'm done and voila, all clean. It all to easy!
I can't find any shortfall with this, it's a very superior product.
You just can't go wrong with a thermomix!

• 1 review

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Apr 2013

Absolute Joke and ZERO customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Purchased my machine in 2013 and has been a dud since day 1. First my measuring cup and barons lid completely cracked and disintegrated, then it started spraying boiling hot liquid out from under the lid whilst cooking. I was scolded several times. Reported to Thermomix and didn’t even get a response from them at all.

Machine completely exploded in 2016 all over my kitchen. There was spaghetti bolognaise everywhere! Even all over my ceiling! Very lucky no one was near by. Reported to Thermomix and they took it for approximately a week to investigate further. Machine was returned to me with a note accompanying saying it had been serviced and was all in good working order.

It then came out that my machine was part of a faulty batch of serial numbers. A new green seal was sent out to me.

Kept having the same problem even with the new green seal installed and now in 2018 my lid completely undoes whilst the blades are running. I am now too scared to use it. Contacted Thermomix again and has again been sent for testing. Received an email tonight stating that again they found nothing wrong with it and apparently the lid detatching is completely normal.

Very very dangerous machine and the companies moral code and customer service are absolutely non existent! Will never give this company another cent!!!!

Brisbane

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Unreliable and poor quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

My very first day with it, in retrospect, was a perfect indication as to how the following days with it would be. The consultant set it up, turned it on and...nothing. So, I had to wait for a new one to arrive, my actual purchased one never even managing to turn on properly.

Since then it has been in for servicing 2 or 3 times and worked 100% correctly probably for as many days as I could count on two hands. The scales have been recalibrated more than once - despite us following all instructions, they never seem to work accurately more than a few days after calibration. We now use a cheap Kmart set of scales to measure.

We’ve had assorted problems with the machine shutting down mid recipe, the blades not rotating, the lid not closing properly....to the point where we just couldn’t be bothered sending it back each time - especially when it takes them a week to return it (we are less 20 kms from the service centre) after I go and drop it off.

It is great for making soups, purées, stocks and sauces but a good quality blender and a stove top could do the same thing. If I’d known before what I do now about the reliability, quality and customer service, there’s no way I’d buy it again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Problems with Machine and Customer Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I bought the old TM31 literally weeks before the new model came out. They were very happy to sell me this old one at the full price without letting me know about the release of the new model or reducing the price on the old model. I find this extremely unethical. The only and major issue I have had is the small plastic top that sits into the lid to allow the release of steam, pops off during cooking thus any hot liquid spurts out making a complete mess of the kitchen and if you're standing too close, you can get a burn. I have to put a wet cloth over the top to contain any mess when I use the machine but then I have a hell of a clean up of the outside of the machine. As such, I use my machine for cold cooking, chopping and shakes. Sort of makes it not worth the $$$. I just got off the phone from their support line and now have to have a service but I can either, deliver the machine myself, post the machine in a box myself or get a courier. Not only do you get a faulty machine but it's up to you to do all the running around to get things fixed after spending $$$ on the product. I find the company seriously wanting.

1 of 33 pages