Melbourne

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Feb 2018

It’s a great machine!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Overall it’s been great, so many delicious meals and treats have been made and so many more to try!
It is incredibly expensive and I still struggle to justify the price, but having said that is is great, I’ve never used anything like it! It does save some time, probably not as much as I’d like but my previous cooking was lots of premade jars etc, thermomix recipes don’t have all the additives and junk so it’s much better for my family.
If I could sum it up, it’s most of my appliances all rolled into one, a top notch blender that heats and stirs and kneads and so much more that I haven’t discovered yet!
I’d strongly recommend a cooking class that thermomix run, I fumbled through my first few recipes, found my feet and was off running! If you can get it at a discounted price, the cook-key is a great addition, it’s basically a digital cook book that tells you step by step how to cook the recipes from online, it’s fool proof!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

Love my thermomix.
Its a fantastic kitchen appliance that we use almost every day. The recipes it comes with are surprisingly really good. I made a cheese cake the other day that would have to be in the top 10, very impressed with myself.
I was concerned about the cleaning however I found that the self cleaning function works a treat.
Would defiantly recommend to anyone!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

A fabulous appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

A fabulous appliance that makes meal times a whole lot easier.
Hundreds and thousands of recipes are available through Cookidoo, allowing me to be experimental, creative and make good choices at the push of a button, it takes all of the hard work and mess out of cooking. (no more standing over a stove stirring)
As a nutritionist being able to control ingredients is paramount and should be every families priority.

Gold Coast

• 1 question

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Awesome product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I can’t belive how many things this machine can do and do well. We use it everyday, from steaming Vegas, cooking stroganoff or making pizza dough. Even the prep jobs like dicing onion or chopping up garlic.
We even mill our own flaxseeds make our own curry pastes. We love our thermi.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Great unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Fantastic machine that simplifies our cooking life. We have used this unit almost every night since purchasing. For those who don’t have much time to cook or prefer simplified recipe cooking, this will be the answer to your prayers. After reviously owning the sister model, we had to upgrade when this became available

Generation: TM21 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Great machine that can do almost anything. I know price point can be a sticking point to purchasing a thermomix, however it’s prefect for a small kitchen where counter space and storage is short. It’s means you don’t need to own 5 different appliances. If you have food sensitivities or are looking at additive and preservative free diet this machine is a god send especially if you don’t live in a major centre and have issues with access to alternative foods. The automated recipes make it so easy to use if you not a cook.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Recipes not tested.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I have the TM5 Basic Cookbook. I don’t believe theses recipes have been tested before they have been printed. This is very unprofessional considering how much Thermomix charge for their product. I made the choc chip cookies, terrible, runny mixture, so thin breaky biscuits.
I made soft butter rolls, not soft at all. My dog liked them. The mixture was dry and the rolls are a scone texture, a terrible scone, and they are heavy.
Thermomix needs to lift its game.

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Finally bought one and love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I have wanted a thermomix for so long but the large price tag continually put me off purchasing. I was recently invited to a thermomix party demonstration and purchased one on the day. They are far better than I ever anticipated and very easy to use. You don’t have to study a manual as you get in home tutorials.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

It works as expected, but the portion sizes are way too small. A full bowl barely feeds 2 adults and 2 children. The Cookidoo website doesn't have many recipes and I won't bother paying for the yearly subscription once it runs out as its just not worth it. Nearly all of the recipes are for very small servings also. The Varoma cooking is uneven and fiddly and pointless. It'd be easier to steam something on the stove. I think the people who say they are happy about these machines are just trying to kid themselves out of guilt of wasting so much money on it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I purchased my TM5 in March and have never looked back-yes they are on the expensive side but it takes me so much time and very little fuss. To be able to prepare meals in the one pot is fantastic. There is also an interest free option which is great for those who cant fork out over $2000 .

Perth

Verified Purchase Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: May 2013

I love my Thermomix! Only wish I could Use it More often!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

I've had it for a few years now and I just love how well it is built and how quick and easy it is to whip up whatever your heart desires. I really look forward to using it to its full potential when I have kids and a family of my own. Also great for doing food for parties. My favourite all time use is making butter YUMMY! I'm never buying butter from store again. This tastes divine and cost less that store butter... it literally melts in your mouth.. store butter sticks to your mouth! Just awesome that you can also cook, set and step away... come back and it is all done! Great for people who don't have time to slave away in the kitchen. Hope I can make this machine last for another 20yrs!!

Sydney

• 2 questions

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love my Thermomix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Cooking made easy with the TM5!

I’m making things I would never have dreamed I would do. I love making things from scratch from vegetable stock to icing sugar!

Inspiration is easy with the recipe platforms.

The only issue I have is cleaning the arms. It is hard to get into them and clean as I am concerned they may break.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2018

LOVE IT!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

I'm not a very experienced cook, but I love cooking.
But the reality is I finish work around 1630, got home rd 1730 and I have to feed my dog, prepare everything then cook. It would take me at least one to one and half hour to get two dishes done( including copping, cleaning, preparing and cooking)
Then me and my husband would finish all food in like 15 minutes. It is just not worth it.
The most amazing thing of the machine is it could clean all raw meats, sea food in a special mode (5min,50 degree, rotating speed 5) and then just rinse the meat,time saver!
Now, I use it to cook meat, sometimes steam seafood and the same time.(YES, you could cook two to three dishes at the same time) while I stir fry some veges. In 45 minutes, everything would be done. And how to clean the machine? PUT water in it, some lemon slices,or vinegar then the same mode but higher temperature when you clean you meat. All done ! Just that easy.
Besides that slightly expensive price, I would say, the time that it saves for me totally worth it!

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Best Appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Love my TM5. Had it about 3 years. Use it every day. Mostly to blend , chop, puree. I make salads, smoothies, protein balls, desserts, drinks, and loads of other stuff. I don't cook much in it but it makes food production easy and fast. The only downside is that the spout on the mixing bowl is hard to pour drinks from. This downside wasn't big enough to drop it down a star though.

Adelaide

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Experienced cook- I love the Thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I'm a pretty experienced cook, I've always loved cooking so I didn't think the Thermomix was for me but it has helped me do much more with ingredients. Being able to grind seeds as a substitute for nuts and making your own flours is amazing and saves so much money. I use it for kneading bread which now takes no effort so I make it more often. Its much easier to make things from scratch which means you can control the fats and sugars that go into your food. I've had both the TM31 and the TM5.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Easiest way of cooking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

The easiest way to cook . I can cook absolutely anything now . The best Chinese food ever . Love it. The cook key gives you the ability to cook food from all over the world. I never imagined cooking the food I do in my Thermie . Amazing. You really need to talk to a consultant and get one on your kitchen!!!

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent kitchen appliance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

About 10-15years ago when I saw my first Thermomix demo I decided I would have one some day. Then they got trendy and I hated them. Everyone seems to be carrying, giving you random jars of home made curry paste and ground spices. I figured there'd be a whole generation of kids who wouldn't know how to saute an onion. But, 1.5 years ago I went to another demo as a favour to a friend. The timing was perfect - I'd spent several days in the kitchen doing a bunch of baking and had decided I needed to get myself a decent appliance. At that stage I was leaning towards a KitchenAid. After the Thermie demo, I drove home, pondered and texted the demonstrator (also a friend) and issued my retraction. I love that I can prepare and cook in the one pot. It's relatively easy to clean. And I've managed to convert some of my own favourite recipes for prep in the machine. It takes a bit of planning, and sometimes it's a pain having to wash in between preparation steps, but I'd have to do that anyway. I've had a weird clicking when the arms close over the lid, but a video to the hasn't convinced the service department there's anything wrong. I know it's not right but I'll persist if it keeps up.
I probably would have been just as happy with a KA, but I would have also had to buy a food processor, so the fact that this machine could grind to powder, as well as chop, saute and cook it sold me. I don't have the bench or cupboard space for several machines, and I'm also not interested in dragging them in an out of cupboards.
The Thermie sits on a thin mat that I can use to drag it to where I can use it easily. And my 9yo godson loves following the instructions to make things when he visits.
I definitely recommend it, but watch videos, go to demos to work out what sort of appliance you really do need. And wait for good bonus offers if you purchase - don't just get the machine, make sure you get some other free goodies.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Restaurant quality meals, and I can't cook

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Never cooked much before I got my thermomix.
Biggest pros for me are its powerful, versatile and turns itself off when its finished cooking. No standing there stirring.

I can buy less baking ingredients and create what I need with those. For eg. I can make my own almond flour from almonds or icing sugar from crystals.

Very easy to clean and keep looking nice.

Cons...bit noisy during operation, the alarm to say its finished doesnt stop beeping until you remove the jug. Wish it whipped cream or egg whites.

Forster

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Terrible company and worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

The tm31 idea is brilliant and it could have saved you time in the kitchen. But I don’t use mine and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
The tm31 machines are ALL faulty and have a risk of causing serious burns and injuries. Despite being unsafe there is difficulty in getting a refund. The thermomix Australia company are terrible to deal with and rude and no help at all. Save your money!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Port Hedland, Western Australia

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Don't remember life without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I would recommend this product to anyone who steps foot in a kitchen. From beginners to advance, there is literally something for everyone. I love challenging myself to making stuff I've never made before and also love it for it's simplicity (soups etc). I even boil my eggs in it to make dippy eggs as it does it perfect every time.

The cook key is brilliant, worth the money for sure! I chose what I want to make during the week while I'm at work on the computer then email myself the shopping list for on the way home.

Super easy to clean.. I was skeptical about putting it in the dishwasher at first as I was scared I would break it haha but It's all okay to do that!

I can't even think of anything bad to say? I literally use this everyday.

If you're thinking about it , DO IT.

1 of 33 pages