Generations:

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Purchased this last year.

Love love love it.

I like to cook but having two small kids makes cooking from scratch hard. Since having a thermomix in my clutches i cook many many things from scratch with ease. Drinks, pasta, soup, desserts (steamed a cheesecake the other day).

We love ours and use it every day

Ballarat

• 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Servicing Centre is a Joke

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

The machine started off being amazing, now it is a couple of years old and after being used every day needs a bit of a service- sometimes it just stops working and most of the time it runs loudly and roughly. I called the service centre in the hope of getting a general service and basically I got a "no" unless I send in videos of what it is doing... I mean really... videos? Just accept the damn machine and fix it. If I had have known it was this much effort to service, I would never have bought one in the first place.

Purchased at: Gumtree

Canberra

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Perfect appliance for no bench space

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

I have been able to sell all my other appliances and replace everything with this. This machine replaces the blender, food processor and stick mixer, benchtop stand mixer, rice cooker and bamboo steamer (among probably another 5 other appliances too)
It is easy to use although it seems intimidating to start with you get the hang of it easily.
I love using this for interesting recipes but also basic stuff like cooking two minute noodles, it will boil itself stir the noodles so they cook evenly and not overflow then dings once it’s finished.
This has been an amazing machine for our household.

Newcastle

• 4 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2017

I was a skeptic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

My wife banged on about getting one of these for years and I finally gave in... and I’m pleasantly surprised. This machine is very, very good at what it does (which is a lot). You’re cooking with a lot of precision and a huge range of recipes. And it does simple meals very quickly, which is a real bonus in my household (3 kids with allergies).
The downside is obviously the cost. Compared to other premium kitchen products I’ve bought (blenders, coffee machines), I think this is worth the money.

• 1 review

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2017

Didn't work from day 1

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

We received this as a wedding gift. The scales were faulty from when the consultant dropped the product off initially. The consultant was supposed to come back to assess the issue and for our second demonstration but she did not show up. We followed up with her about the no show and were advised that we would have to call the 1800 number and arrange for the faulty machine to be sent back ourselves (she took the original packaging on first visit). We called the number and have arranged pick up but had to purchase a box, bubble wrap and packing tape to ensure it was returned correctly at our own expense. So disappointing for a machine that already costs thousands. We are really upset with the whole experience and the fact that it was faulty to begin with and we were completely messed around by our consultant and have ended up out of pocket because of it. I do not recommend!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2017

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I love my thermomix. I was unsure if I would, due to the fact that I love to cook (in the conventional way!). But the thermomix is come in handy for so many things. I still cook everything I used to cook - but save on time and washing up!!

• 21 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

I use this for everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I'm so happy I upgraded to the TM5. It took me a while to go for it, but I am so pleased I did. As we have a large family, I decided to get 2 bowls this time and the cook key. The cook key enables you to easily plan meals for the week ahead and also add the kids favourites. This makes it extremely easy for everyone to use including my children (aged 6 - 15). The extra bowl, means I always have a clean bowl and more often than not we have 2 things going at the same time. Whether you want to create a fully cooked or steamed meal, chop some veggies or just make some mash, this machine makes everything extremely easy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 10 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

100% happy with my purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I put off buying a Thermomix for years and finally took the plunge two years ago. It is a well built appliance that is capable of doing so much. I love that I can create food from basics and it's so quick and easy. I couldn't imagine life without it and highly recommend it!

• 1 question

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Best thing I ever spent money on!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I LOVE my thermomix! It's been a game changer in the kitchen, much healthier and easier meals. Also the variety of what to cook is endless!! I have found we have at least 4 different meals a week on which I have never cooked before, even my husband uses it with ease!

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Best purchase I ever made.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Being someone who hated cooking and burned even toast I dreaded how I was going to cope after divorcing. I spent a few months reviewing every cooking option on the market. Reading reviews and going to product demonstrations and safety classes. Convinced nothing came close to Thermomix I invested and can truly say it is one of the best investments I’ve ever made.

In a nut shell I’ve gone from someone who couldn’t cook and detested it to now genuinely listing cooking as one of my passions. All thanks to Thermomix. It is easy to use and a time saver. I just love trying new dishes out of their endless range. My kids cannot believe what I make.

I also couldn’t be happier with the customer service I get from my incredibly professional Thermo mix rep Karen. Thanks for a wonderful product and teriffic support.

For those of you wary given some of the negative press be aware that the latest Thermomix is an incredibly safe piece of the equipment if you use it properly. You can injure yourself badly on a knife but we don’t try to ban or sue knife manufacturers. I’m a mechanical engineer and appreciate the superb design effort that has gone into making this not just a superb piece of equipment but a very safe one also.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Can’t live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

So so easy depending on what you make though as doughs can be a little sticky but it’s all dishwasher safe for those lazy days lol if you don’t have a dishwasher it’s so easy to pull apart and get into the little spots with a dish brush or wiz up some warm water and detergent worse too

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

From cynic to convert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

My wife purchased this product and I had to be revived with smelling salts after hitting the floor following being told the price. Paying by month helped, but I really could not see the value. HOWEVER, I now think completely differently, especially now it is internet-enabled via the Cook-Key accessory. You can access thousands of recipes, plan meals, download meal-plan consolidated shopping list (which you can edit).

I now make my own low-GI bread several times a week (my record is 6 minutes from start to oven), sauces, dips, even peanut butter. Our 11yo makes dishes like mushroom risotto, French onion soup, and Rogan Josh lamb curries! The kids suddenly like cooking because it has a touchscreen telling them exactly what to do, and weighs ingredients along the way.

Our whole family now eats far healthier than The Time Before Thermomix. I doubt we save a great deal on groceries because fresh healthy ingredients are generally more expensive than processed and packaged junk. I suspect we will save a great deal though in healthcare costs avoided in the future.

The average Australian eats 40 teaspoons of sugar a day - not kidding, so we are trying to take much more control over our diet. Our “Thermie” as the kids call it, has enabled us to do that. The more you use this product, the more benefits you get.

australind

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Expensive and not used

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Purchased on promise it would save heaps of time and money - does not get used because the scales keep breaking down and it often just shuts down for not reason - has been fixed twice. Wish I saved my money and purchased a cheaper version. Waste of money and bench space.

Wollongong

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

The Thermomix has been a dream for making baby food - its mess free and hassle free. It's super easy to clean - just take it apart and put it in the dishwasher. I was worried that I wouldn't use it very much, but there are so many great recipes in the cookbooks that I find I'm using it ALL the time and cooking things that I normally couldn't/wouldn't cook!

Perth

• 11 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Addictively good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

This machine is absolutely FANTASTIC! I sold all my other appliances (blender, steamer, and Kitchenaid) and gained a lot of space in the kitchen.
The Thermomix excels at all advertised functions: keeps track of the time, the mixing bowls works like a saucepan, weigh ingredients as you go, prepare delicate gourmet recipes between 37-95degC, cook between 98-120degC, steam food, gently stir, mix and emulsify, beat with the butterfly whisk, chop and dice, blend, mill and grind, knead using the dough mode.
Needless to say, the unit is German engineered and built like a tank with top quality materials.
I took a leap of faith and purchased the Cook-Key which connects via wireless internet to your cookidoo.com.au account; there you have access to thousands of recipes, use the Favourite or Weekly Planner function and the Thermomix receives them complete of all instructions and ingredient list. The cookidoo portal can also prepare the shopping list after checking what ingredients you already at home, the shopping list can then be sent as an email: that's super handy.
I love the Cook-Key because now I can venture in new dishes without worrying about the chance of something going wrong. Recipes found over the Internet are never the same, everyone with their own version. All the Thermomix recipes are tested and guarantee good results, just follow the prompts on the touchscreen!
It is very important to understand and appreciate that the Thermomix is not supposed to replace your kitchen entirely, you'll still be using hotplates and oven.
This appliance is very well designed and is perfect for everyone, from the passionate cook to those who don't feel too familiar with cooking but desire to get better.
I use it multiple times every single day: from frothing milk and make the best cappuccino coffee in the morning, to healthy meals in the night, even just for steaming vegetables and cook rice and pasta to perfection.
My grocery bills went down quite sensibly too because now I can make my own: stock paste (vegetable, meat and chicken), mayonnaise, hollandaise sauce, jams & marmalade, almond milk, bread, pizza, tomato sauce and more.
To conclude, and to be objective, the Thermomix is not strictly a necessity in a kitchen, but it is a great facilitator and definitely the best appliance in its category.

Launceston

• 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Preferred the older midel

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

I donated my superseded TM to my sister, and treated myself to the latest model. I much preferred the older model. The latest model is far to gimmicky. I absolutely hate using the computer chip. I prefer to cook without recipes which I found much easier in the older model. I find the touch screen is far too touchy, and too slow. I was going to buy a second hand older model for myself, and now wish I had. I used my older model at least once every day, most days several times. I prefer to do a lot of things the old fashioned way now than to use this newer version. By the time I’ve juggled through all the touch screen knobs I’ve usually already managed to chop the parsley, or grate the Parmesan the old fashioned way. I always used the older model for those little tasks. i only use my newer model a few times a week - it hardly justifies the bench space it takes up.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Can’t beat it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I use this machine to cook bulk meals for the week for my husband it’s just made life so much easier. And who doesn’t love a good risotto, this machine you throw it in the bowl and walk away no more stirring. I have never successfully made a risotto on the stove. The kids and I make cakes and cookies and lots of fun things.
You can make food in the bowl and use the Varoma on top to steam other things like your vegetables. Everything can be cooked at the same time and less washing up. I know they sound expensive but it you don’t have all the other appliances lying around your house then get a thermomix. I use it for everything.

• 12 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 6 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Thermomix review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Blending stuff like home made cake and quick sorbet and whipping stuff like cream and mincing meat into homemade mince by blending it and

And a issue when making fruit sorbet the machine fails to work with ice inside

Machine is great

Melbourne

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

A staple in my kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I have the TM5 and can't live without this. It literally does eveything! From grating blocks of parmesan to steaming fish, to chopping garlic, to stir-frying.. my favourite part is how it also has an inbuilt scale so no more playing the guessing game. My only gripe is that it's sometimes hard to get stuff out from under the blades especially if you've made noodles or spaghetti. But other than that, it's easy to take apart and clean and I think the cost is worth-it if you use it at least 3 to 4 times a week which we do!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Cannot live without it! Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

This is a staple kitchen tool. From a beginner to a pro it will change your life with the way you cook and prepare food. I love being able to whip up pancakes within seconds. Boil water within minutes - goodbye kettle!! Even a Sunday roast can be done in this amazing appliance. I can't think of anything I can fault and I've owned mine for 3 almost 4 years now! It takes me 4 seconds to clean the thermomix - hot water 2 seconds on high, 2 seconds on reverse high.. woolah! Well worth the money! The consultant you buy through is well trained and is a world of knowledge and willing to help you love your thermomix just like they do - utilise them and the online thermomix community

1 of 9 pages