Generations:

Adelaide

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Cannot live without it! Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

This is a staple kitchen tool. From a beginner to a pro it will change your life with the way you cook and prepare food. I love being able to whip up pancakes within seconds. Boil water within minutes - goodbye kettle!! Even a Sunday roast can be done in this amazing appliance. I can't think of anything I can fault and I've owned mine for 3 almost 4 years now! It takes me 4 seconds to clean the thermomix - hot water 2 seconds on high, 2 seconds on reverse high.. woolah! Well worth the money! The consultant you buy through is well trained and is a world of knowledge and willing to help you love your thermomix just like they do - utilise them and the online thermomix community

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

I use it every day.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Thermomix is easy to clean and I use it for a multitude of reasons. It mixes, cooks, chops, makes delicious drinks and the list goes on. My most valuable kitchen appliance by far. Mine is two years old and hasn't missed a beat. I do highly recommend it to anyone - great cook or basic cook.

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great - but expensive.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

You can do everything another way - but, it does make it a lot easier. It kind of does the cooking for you - and there are heaps of free recipes on the internet.
It pretty easy to operate and to clean. The only real downside is how expensive it is up front, and then how sensitive it is - such as you can't tap the side of the bowl (due to the scales/sensors in it) and you can't slide it around due to the scales/feet.

It particularly comes into its own making sauces, or risotto.

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

So happy with my Thermomix, has changed my life in the kitchen.
Have found that I have started making so many more things from scratch I simply would not have attempted prior. Mainly due to how many dishes it would have made.
My consultant was really helpful and has even answered a few questions over SMS:)

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Best invention ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

A serious lifesaver when it comes to cooking for my young family. Having 2 under 2 and no spare time to prep healthy meals the thermomix rescued us :) my kids love thermie meals and its so quick and easy to make tasty food. cleaning is pretty easy and it takes seconds to pull apart and put back together after washing the bowl and blade.

• 12 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2012

Powerful as!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

The only way to stay healthy - this little powerful blender does everything - we use it to make icecream even! Had it for a few years now and we have never had any problems with it. Always works and blends even the toughest stuff - perfect for smoothies and soups too.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

I like it, Its growing on me.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I have had this for 8 months. I live in a tiny residence so making home made soup comes at a space cost.

Whats good :
It cooks, chops, steams, weighs
it has a warranty which covers the system and I believe the blade base.

Whats alright:
Food can often be caught in a 2 mm gap between the base of the blade and the attachment of the blade.
tumeric can stain the lid for a number of weeks turning it green.

Whats not so good:
It can be quite loud ( i like my delicate hearing :) )
It need supervision for the higher powered jobs (when the feet move around).

What would be nice:
A website so that people that had unthermomixed recipes would be able to convert it and save to computer or print off.

Darwin

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Was good until you call the customer service for broken parts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I have a TM5 for nearly two years, but just start using it everyday after my baby's ready for solids.
Three weeks ago, the base of the mixing bowl was burnt and melted a bit causing the blades couldn't be locked properly, so I called the customer service line.
The first staff who was handling this was ok, said will send me a new base, but it took two weeks to arrive. And once I tried the new base, it was very loose and I can use one finger to unlock it. I wouldn't risk damaging the whole machine so I called customer service again.
Meanwhile, I had to return the mixing bowl I borrowed from a friend, so I asked them if there's anyway they could help since I need it everyday to make baby food. But they just said there's nothing they could do...
I'm quite disappointed for the service I got considering that the price we paid for the machine. It's over 2000 machine and they can't just send me a replacement, while I paid $300 for Avent electric breast pump and they sent me a brand new one when the original one was out of order.
I feel like not been taken care of when asked them for help, they don't care what your baby gonna eat or what you gonna do without it.
First time I feel regret buying it. Better don't rely on it too much because once it broken, you're on your own.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Good buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I have Been using thermomix for almost a year, I mainly use it for sauce, smd also use to cook when I'm busy . But the only thing i don't like is the max temperature is only up to 120c ,if temperatures can go higher , that would be perfect .

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

All in all, very good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

So, what can I say? I love almost everything about the Thermomix and what it's built for. It has made cooking more efficient, easier and less stressful. It is great for someone who loves eating at home but doesn't necessarily love cooking.

Where the Thermomix lets us down is the noise it generates while performing most functions including normal cooking. A minor issue is that there is no easy way to get stuff out of the bowl 100% - not even the provided spatula allows for easy removal of ingredients.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

There is nothing I don't like about this machine. Totally worth the price!! Eating so much healthier and I know what goes into everything and making things I never even thought to try before

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Met my expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

The TM5 mills brown and white rice into flour, sugar into icing sugar, and is great at a wide range of cooking from desserts to meals, mixing dough, whisking and chopping. It jumps around a bit at times during tasks such as kneading dough. Easy to clean and a pleasure to use.

Adelaide

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2016

OMG

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I think that the Thermomix should be mandatory for every newlywed bride (or groom) let's not get gender specific !
I have never felt confident in the kitchen and have probably avoided it to a certain extent. I am now cooking all sorts of dishes and loving the feedback from my kids !!! I wish I had one when I was first married. Not only does it help you create culinary delights but in the long run it builds confidence in the kitchen which is even more important.
It is "Cooking for Dummies 101" and I say that and not ashamed to own it, not everyone is a natural born chef.
It does everything!!! That is all I can say. I LOVE IT

Mount Isa

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2015

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Went to a demo and brought one I even said would not buy one would not live without it made alot of cake ,pizza dough,family meals and soups chops and mixers things very easy
My husband loves it.
Very easy to use and clean
The only downfall with this machine is the price tag

Quambatook

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Machine to Build Confidence in Cooking

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

The TM5 has allowed me to have confidence in my cooking.
It is fantastic at cooking rice and pasta, creates ease for making cakes (including icing), can grind spices simply and quickly. Fantastic for making things from scratch like bread, pizza bases, naan, curry paste.
Best function is the varoma (steaming) which allows me to cook a healthy meal all at once
It is easy to clean, the bowl comes apart simply and is dishwasher safe. I find I forget to clean the body of the machine, so they can be stubborn particularly on the locking mechanism.
It can be bulky on the bench and not that easy to put away, so need to be prepared to have it out all the time

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Very happy I decided to purchase this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I went to a demo for the Thermomix 18 months ago, and it took me that long to take the leap to buy it... My husband and I are so happy we did now. It is on the pricey side (which is why it took me so long to make the decision).

I bake a lot with my daughter, this has made it even easier and mess free. It measures and weighs everything, which means we don't need to get the scales out as well as the measuring cups. In fact it's so easy that she (who is 9 years old), pretty much drives the Thermomix on it's own as the recipes for what we are making are on the chip it comes with. So it's great for her, makes her feel like she's in control of everything.

I have used it consistantly since it arrived nearly 2 weeks ago, and the consultant I bought it from has been a wonderful resource, always there whenever I have called or messaged her.

I highly recommend the Thermomix.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

OK but pricey

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I love my machine, i use it every day and its well missed when i dont have it but when i brought my machine, unfortunately, the time my consultant came around to give me demo on how to use it, clean it etc there was a medical emergency in my house. She said she would how me at my party but time got away from us and of course that didn't happen. Anyway i referred to the manual on how to clean it and one of the small parts on the back accidentally fall into the back of the machine. It is still under warranty for parts but they said i will need to pay for it and also pay a service call for someone to come and fix it. Although it was my fault i feel that they could of helped me out by perhaps offering to at least provide me with the new part seeing its under warranty. My lid was also broken..not my fault and they didn't want to replace that. For they money you pay for it the warranty really is not good enough in my opinion.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

great product for a single person too

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I never realized how great the thermie is for a single person. I use to cook at lot, but i had to the large batches. But with the thermomix, I can just cook the right portion just for me, and it's really easy to do. The blades and the different settings you can use are amazing. Only down-side is the price, but I guess if I used it everyday, it will make up for it in no time.

Purchased at: eBay

• 2 comments

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love love love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Wish I had of found this appliance years ago! So easy to use, I love the recipie chips you attach to the side that walk you through the recipie step by step - even the worst cook will struggle to mess this up! My husband has even started cooking, it's that easy to use! In the beggining I struggled to get into the habit of using it so I set myself a challenge to use it everyday and now I hardly use my stove top. I love that you can make all your ingredients from scratch and you know exactly what you are feeding your family. It's very easy to clean as everything is dishwasher safe. The only con is that it doesn't warn you if you haven't put the blades and base on properly so you can fill the motor with liquid if you aren't careful.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2017

Best thing u could ever buy whether you love to cook or can't!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I hesitated on getting TM5 for about 3-4 years due to the price tag ($2089), in the end got one and i wished i got it from the start! If you love to cook or cant cook you will love this. I cook alot of food in the oven and on the stove but just having the TM5 for prep makes an amazing difference (i do cook in it too). I've prepped 2 different kinds of dough in 20 min both are kneaded and resting! Your kitchen will be cleaner as you do everything in the thermo no dirtying 10 different bowls, spoons, cups etc., more time for other jobs around the house you can throw all the ingredients in for soup, stock, sauces etc and it will cook, stir & blend for you. I can't say enough how much of a help it is. So if your on the fence cant decide i can say i waited over 3 years befor i got it and dont have any regrets i'd buy another in a heartbeat, even my husband says we should have got it sooner haha

1 of 8 pages