Generations:

Quambatook

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Machine to Build Confidence in Cooking

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

The TM5 has allowed me to have confidence in my cooking.
It is fantastic at cooking rice and pasta, creates ease for making cakes (including icing), can grind spices simply and quickly. Fantastic for making things from scratch like bread, pizza bases, naan, curry paste.
Best function is the varoma (steaming) which allows me to cook a healthy meal all at once
It is easy to clean, the bowl comes apart simply and is dishwasher safe. I find I forget to clean the body of the machine, so they can be stubborn particularly on the locking mechanism.
It can be bulky on the bench and not that easy to put away, so need to be prepared to have it out all the time

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Very happy I decided to purchase this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

OK but pricey

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I love my machine, i use it every day and its well missed when i dont have it but when i brought my machine, unfortunately, the time my consultant came around to give me demo on how to use it, clean it etc there was a medical emergency in my house. She said she would how me at my party but time got away from us and of course that didn't happen. Anyway i referred to the manual on how to clean it and one of the small parts on the back accidentally fall into the back of the machine. It is still under warranty for parts but they said i will need to pay for it and also pay a service call for someone to come and fix it. Although it was my fault i feel that they could of helped me out by perhaps offering to at least provide me with the new part seeing its under warranty. My lid was also broken..not my fault and they didn't want to replace that. For they money you pay for it the warranty really is not good enough in my opinion.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

great product for a single person too

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I never realized how great the thermie is for a single person. I use to cook at lot, but i had to the large batches. But with the thermomix, I can just cook the right portion just for me, and it's really easy to do. The blades and the different settings you can use are amazing. Only down-side is the price, but I guess if I used it everyday, it will make up for it in no time.

Purchased at: eBay

• 2 comments

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love love love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Wish I had of found this appliance years ago! So easy to use, I love the recipie chips you attach to the side that walk you through the recipie step by step - even the worst cook will struggle to mess this up! My husband has even started cooking, it's that easy to use! In the beggining I struggled to get into the habit of using it so I set myself a challenge to use it everyday and now I hardly use my stove top. I love that you can make all your ingredients from scratch and you know exactly what you are feeding your family. It's very easy to clean as everything is dishwasher safe. The only con is that it doesn't warn you if you haven't put the blades and base on properly so you can fill the motor with liquid if you aren't careful.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2017

Best thing u could ever buy whether you love to cook or can't!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Central Coast

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Best kitchen tool ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

What an amazing machine, and it has changed the way I cook forever. Fast, easy and so many online recipes to choose from. I was able to pay the machine off interest free and my Thermomix sales person was amazing. Highly recommend, just buy one and become amazing in the kitchen too.

London

• 1 review
  • 3 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Can't imagine cooking without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

We now use the Thermomix on average 3 times a day. I love that it pushes me to cook more adventurous dishes with great success. The whole family now cooks using the interactive recipe chips and we eat hardly any processed foods now, including ketchup and bread. I don't know how my friends manage without one.

Launceston

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Excellent for chopping mixing and cooking. Takes longer to get ingredients out of the cupboard than it takes to prepare them. Only down side to the machine is that it the mixing bowl can get a bit heavy and it sometimes is difficult to get the last bit of mixture out because the blades are in the base. Very easy to clean. Love my thermo and wish I had one years ago.

Sydney, Australia

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

The best investment of appliance I have ever purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

I absolutely love my Thermomix. I have had this appliance for about 3 years now, as previously I owned the previous model the TM31. I absolutely love this digital upgrade of the TM5. Where the machine automatically seals the cap, so no pressure build up and explosion, all intact. It does everything, except for frying and who needs that with today's healthy eating regimes. So easy to use, even my kids use it. Loving the digital chip and community page, where you can buy more online recipes and connect it to your thermomix. I highly recommend it.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2015

IT WILL BREAK!!!! my machine is just over 2 years and it will cost £420 to repair !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

The machine just over 2 years old is the second time that goes for repair! first time under warranty and at this time they have sent a bill of £420 totally unacceptable!! the cause is spill in the motor! how is an equipment design for cooking liquids spilling in the motor ? poor assistance poor customer service! I have decided to don't repair and throw it in the Garbage Bin!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 question
  • 10 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Better than expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

After having my TM31 for 8 years and never having a single problem with it, I decided to upgrade.

Was hesitant at first after hearing problems from some TM5 owners but I couldn't be happier. Works seamlessly. I enjoy using it more than my TM31, which is now neglected.

I love the new sound once finished cooking, so much more pleasant.

1 of 12 pages

Read 426 related reviews

TM5

After selecting "Transportation Mode" I get the message "Please shut down ". What do I do? Do I just turn the power off?

Judy H asked on Jun 11, 2017

Answer this

Press the big silver button until it shuts down. You should always avoid shutting it down by just unplugging it.

Do just as Harmamic says. Keep your finger on the big silver button until the sign comes on saying Thermomix will now shut down. You should shut your machine down this way after each use.

TM5

to thicken up a sauce do you take the m/c off and sit the basket ontop instead? thankyou (tm5)

sophie s asked on Mar 24, 2017

Answer this

apologies - I don't waste my time using the thermomix for sauces - quicker, easier, less time consuming, less washing up with 1 x saucepan + spoon to stir sauce...alternatively, use 1 x microwave safe container + sauce mix + spoon - using microwave - check progress each 30 - 45 seconds...a much better and easier way to achieve your sauces - Just how you like them...:]]]

Definitely. More moisture can evaporate without contents splashing over the kitchen surfaces. Plus, you can still walk away and let the Thermomix cook rather than labouring yourself with a wooden spoon.

TM5

Is it possible to have the Thermomix as carry on luggage?

Alli asked on Jan 10, 2017

Answer this

The blades are not permitted on board. I'm sure there are size restrictions to carry on luggage. If you take the blades out & it fits the size then take it on board!

It's also quite heavy so I'm not sure it would be within the carry on luggage allowance on all carriers.

Hi, l took my thermo as a carry on to Perth. I was told that it fits perfect in overhead lockers. Wrong! ...l held the fight up as I sat waiting with my Thermomix sitting on my lap, while as they arranged for it to go on another flight ...it was quite stressful!!
But l did get through with the blade :)

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details