Generations:
  • 19 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

I use this for everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I'm so happy I upgraded to the TM5. It took me a while to go for it, but I am so pleased I did. As we have a large family, I decided to get 2 bowls this time and the cook key. The cook key enables you to easily plan meals for the week ahead and also add the kids favourites. This makes it extremely easy for everyone to use including my children (aged 6 - 15). The extra bowl, means I always have a clean bowl and more often than not we have 2 things going at the same time. Whether you want to create a fully cooked or steamed meal, chop some veggies or just make some mash, this machine makes everything extremely easy.

• 6 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

100% happy with my purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I put off buying a Thermomix for years and finally took the plunge two years ago. It is a well built appliance that is capable of doing so much. I love that I can create food from basics and it's so quick and easy. I couldn't imagine life without it and highly recommend it!

• 1 question

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Best thing I ever spent money on!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I LOVE my thermomix! It's been a game changer in the kitchen, much healthier and easier meals. Also the variety of what to cook is endless!! I have found we have at least 4 different meals a week on which I have never cooked before, even my husband uses it with ease!

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Best purchase I ever made.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Being someone who hated cooking and burned even toast I dreaded how I was going to cope after divorcing. I spent a few months reviewing every cooking option on the market. Reading reviews and going to product demonstrations and safety classes. Convinced nothing came close to Thermomix I invested and can truly say it is one of the best investments I’ve ever made.

In a nut shell I’ve gone from someone who couldn’t cook and detested it to now genuinely listing cooking as one of my passions. All thanks to Thermomix. It is easy to use and a time saver. I just love trying new dishes out of their endless range. My kids cannot believe what I make.

I also couldn’t be happier with the customer service I get from my incredibly professional Thermo mix rep Karen. Thanks for a wonderful product and teriffic support.

For those of you wary given some of the negative press be aware that the latest Thermomix is an incredibly safe piece of the equipment if you use it properly. You can injure yourself badly on a knife but we don’t try to ban or sue knife manufacturers. I’m a mechanical engineer and appreciate the superb design effort that has gone into making this not just a superb piece of equipment but a very safe one also.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Can’t live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

So so easy depending on what you make though as doughs can be a little sticky but it’s all dishwasher safe for those lazy days lol if you don’t have a dishwasher it’s so easy to pull apart and get into the little spots with a dish brush or wiz up some warm water and detergent worse too

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

From cynic to convert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

My wife purchased this product and I had to be revived with smelling salts after hitting the floor following being told the price. Paying by month helped, but I really could not see the value. HOWEVER, I now think completely differently, especially now it is internet-enabled via the Cook-Key accessory. You can access thousands of recipes, plan meals, download meal-plan consolidated shopping list (which you can edit).

I now make my own low-GI bread several times a week (my record is 6 minutes from start to oven), sauces, dips, even peanut butter. Our 11yo makes dishes like mushroom risotto, French onion soup, and Rogan Josh lamb curries! The kids suddenly like cooking because it has a touchscreen telling them exactly what to do, and weighs ingredients along the way.

Our whole family now eats far healthier than The Time Before Thermomix. I doubt we save a great deal on groceries because fresh healthy ingredients are generally more expensive than processed and packaged junk. I suspect we will save a great deal though in healthcare costs avoided in the future.

The average Australian eats 40 teaspoons of sugar a day - not kidding, so we are trying to take much more control over our diet. Our “Thermie” as the kids call it, has enabled us to do that. The more you use this product, the more benefits you get.

australind

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Expensive and not used

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Purchased on promise it would save heaps of time and money - does not get used because the scales keep breaking down and it often just shuts down for not reason - has been fixed twice. Wish I saved my money and purchased a cheaper version. Waste of money and bench space.

Wollongong

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

The Thermomix has been a dream for making baby food - its mess free and hassle free. It's super easy to clean - just take it apart and put it in the dishwasher. I was worried that I wouldn't use it very much, but there are so many great recipes in the cookbooks that I find I'm using it ALL the time and cooking things that I normally couldn't/wouldn't cook!

Perth

• 11 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Addictively good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

This machine is absolutely FANTASTIC! I sold all my other appliances (blender, steamer, and Kitchenaid) and gained a lot of space in the kitchen.
The Thermomix excels at all advertised functions: keeps track of the time, the mixing bowls works like a saucepan, weigh ingredients as you go, prepare delicate gourmet recipes between 37-95degC, cook between 98-120degC, steam food, gently stir, mix and emulsify, beat with the butterfly whisk, chop and dice, blend, mill and grind, knead using the dough mode.
Needless to say, the unit is German engineered and built like a tank with top quality materials.
I took a leap of faith and purchased the Cook-Key which connects via wireless internet to your cookidoo.com.au account; there you have access to thousands of recipes, use the Favourite or Weekly Planner function and the Thermomix receives them complete of all instructions and ingredient list. The cookidoo portal can also prepare the shopping list after checking what ingredients you already at home, the shopping list can then be sent as an email: that's super handy.
I love the Cook-Key because now I can venture in new dishes without worrying about the chance of something going wrong. Recipes found over the Internet are never the same, everyone with their own version. All the Thermomix recipes are tested and guarantee good results, just follow the prompts on the touchscreen!
It is very important to understand and appreciate that the Thermomix is not supposed to replace your kitchen entirely, you'll still be using hotplates and oven.
This appliance is very well designed and is perfect for everyone, from the passionate cook to those who don't feel too familiar with cooking but desire to get better.
I use it multiple times every single day: from frothing milk and make the best cappuccino coffee in the morning, to healthy meals in the night, even just for steaming vegetables and cook rice and pasta to perfection.
My grocery bills went down quite sensibly too because now I can make my own: stock paste (vegetable, meat and chicken), mayonnaise, hollandaise sauce, jams & marmalade, almond milk, bread, pizza, tomato sauce and more.
To conclude, and to be objective, the Thermomix is not strictly a necessity in a kitchen, but it is a great facilitator and definitely the best appliance in its category.

Launceston

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Preferred the older midel

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

I donated my superseded TM to my sister, and treated myself to the latest model. I much preferred the older model. The latest model is far to gimmicky. I absolutely hate using the computer chip. I prefer to cook without recipes which I found much easier in the older model. I find the touch screen is far too touchy, and too slow. I was going to buy a second hand older model for myself, and now wish I had. I used my older model at least once every day, most days several times. I prefer to do a lot of things the old fashioned way now than to use this newer version. By the time I’ve juggled through all the touch screen knobs I’ve usually already managed to chop the parsley, or grate the Parmesan the old fashioned way. I always used the older model for those little tasks. i only use my newer model a few times a week - it hardly justifies the bench space it takes up.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Can’t beat it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I use this machine to cook bulk meals for the week for my husband it’s just made life so much easier. And who doesn’t love a good risotto, this machine you throw it in the bowl and walk away no more stirring. I have never successfully made a risotto on the stove. The kids and I make cakes and cookies and lots of fun things.
You can make food in the bowl and use the Varoma on top to steam other things like your vegetables. Everything can be cooked at the same time and less washing up. I know they sound expensive but it you don’t have all the other appliances lying around your house then get a thermomix. I use it for everything.

• 12 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Thermomix review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Blending stuff like home made cake and quick sorbet and whipping stuff like cream and mincing meat into homemade mince by blending it and

And a issue when making fruit sorbet the machine fails to work with ice inside

Machine is great

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

A staple in my kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I have the TM5 and can't live without this. It literally does eveything! From grating blocks of parmesan to steaming fish, to chopping garlic, to stir-frying.. my favourite part is how it also has an inbuilt scale so no more playing the guessing game. My only gripe is that it's sometimes hard to get stuff out from under the blades especially if you've made noodles or spaghetti. But other than that, it's easy to take apart and clean and I think the cost is worth-it if you use it at least 3 to 4 times a week which we do!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Cannot live without it! Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

This is a staple kitchen tool. From a beginner to a pro it will change your life with the way you cook and prepare food. I love being able to whip up pancakes within seconds. Boil water within minutes - goodbye kettle!! Even a Sunday roast can be done in this amazing appliance. I can't think of anything I can fault and I've owned mine for 3 almost 4 years now! It takes me 4 seconds to clean the thermomix - hot water 2 seconds on high, 2 seconds on reverse high.. woolah! Well worth the money! The consultant you buy through is well trained and is a world of knowledge and willing to help you love your thermomix just like they do - utilise them and the online thermomix community

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

I use it every day.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Thermomix is easy to clean and I use it for a multitude of reasons. It mixes, cooks, chops, makes delicious drinks and the list goes on. My most valuable kitchen appliance by far. Mine is two years old and hasn't missed a beat. I do highly recommend it to anyone - great cook or basic cook.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great - but expensive.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

You can do everything another way - but, it does make it a lot easier. It kind of does the cooking for you - and there are heaps of free recipes on the internet.
It pretty easy to operate and to clean. The only real downside is how expensive it is up front, and then how sensitive it is - such as you can't tap the side of the bowl (due to the scales/sensors in it) and you can't slide it around due to the scales/feet.

It particularly comes into its own making sauces, or risotto.

Perth

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

So happy with my Thermomix, has changed my life in the kitchen.
Have found that I have started making so many more things from scratch I simply would not have attempted prior. Mainly due to how many dishes it would have made.
My consultant was really helpful and has even answered a few questions over SMS:)

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Best invention ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

A serious lifesaver when it comes to cooking for my young family. Having 2 under 2 and no spare time to prep healthy meals the thermomix rescued us :) my kids love thermie meals and its so quick and easy to make tasty food. cleaning is pretty easy and it takes seconds to pull apart and put back together after washing the bowl and blade.

• 20 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2012

Powerful as!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

The only way to stay healthy - this little powerful blender does everything - we use it to make icecream even! Had it for a few years now and we have never had any problems with it. Always works and blends even the toughest stuff - perfect for smoothies and soups too.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

• 1 comment

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

I like it, Its growing on me.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I have had this for 8 months. I live in a tiny residence so making home made soup comes at a space cost.

Whats good :
It cooks, chops, steams, weighs
it has a warranty which covers the system and I believe the blade base.

Whats alright:
Food can often be caught in a 2 mm gap between the base of the blade and the attachment of the blade.
tumeric can stain the lid for a number of weeks turning it green.

Whats not so good:
It can be quite loud ( i like my delicate hearing :) )
It need supervision for the higher powered jobs (when the feet move around).

What would be nice:
A website so that people that had unthermomixed recipes would be able to convert it and save to computer or print off.

1 of 9 pages

Read 435 related reviews

TM5

Was wonder if I bought 2nd hand chips of ebay will they work in my machine?

cheryl ellis asked on Nov 15, 2017

Answer this

Yes they would because the Thermomix is isolated from the internet. The problem of chip registration may occur over time as using the Cook-Key means registering your chip to open up the recipes to your online account. If someone had already registered the chip you’d need to ensure they de-register it online before buying it. Worst case, you could still use the chip on the machine directly. The internet access Cook Key is a bolt-on, and the machine is essentially “dumb”. I’m sure future models will be properly internet enabled, but right now it isn’t - which is good!

TM5

Do you think it is good for only one person or a waste of money?

Dash asked on Nov 07, 2017

Hi there,

It's definitely good for one person! A lot of the meals you make in it can be frozen. Plus, there's lots of stuff you will use it for that aren't dependent on a number of people (like sauces, loaves of bread, chutneys, chicken stock, milling your own flour, making your own butter etc). If I lived on my own, I'd get one for sure - it's a less cleaning than all the pots and pans you still use for one person!

Hope that helps.

Beth.

The short answer is yes, but I concur with Beth in that a freezer is a good idea. There are some other advantages too around risk eg. no chopping and cutting yourself, pans boiling over, hot plate left on, having to stir continually etc. Definitely a good buy for a single person, as long as you actively use the product. If you just hate cooking altogether it won’t change that - it just makes it a lot easier.

TM5

Is the plastic parts in TM5 BPA FREE?

Gie asked on Sep 24, 2017

Hi Gie,
yes, all plastic components (made of food-grade polyethersulfone - PES) of the TM5 are BPA free.
For the sake of completeness I should add that, however, trace amounts of BPA have been used in the lid of the Varoma and Measuring Cup for the older TM31 model solely for the purpose of hardening. I remember reading that Vorwerk acknowledged this and commissioned a couple of toxicological investigations to ensure there is no transference to food matter; all test results were below what is called (in laboratory terms) Limit of Detection (LOD) for BPA compounds, noting that the WHO trigger value for BPA detection is approximately 300 times higher than the LOD; thus, I would say those parts are suitable for cooking food. By comparison, some clothing, coating and cosmetic products are way more hazardous to human health than the Thermomix plastic components.
Hope this helps.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details