Generations:

Bundaberg

• 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Great service, product and support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2014

We got our Thermomix after looking into it for over a year. It is defiantly worth every cent. It has made our life so much healthier and cut our food bill down a lot. Our consultant is amazing and our customer service has been great! would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to try thermo cooking. If I had the money I would be buying family members one each to :)

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

kitchen magician! wouldn't be without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2014

I have wanted a thermomix for so long and finally took the plunge. It was the best choice I ever made. I have so much more free time on my hands now that it does all the hard work for me. Easy to use, clear recipes with easy to follow instructions. My life has changed and so has my cooking!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Buxton, New South Wales

• 8 helpful votes

Awesome Kitchen Appliance - built to last

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2014

This amazing piece of German engineering has received a bit of negativity from non-owners who purchased the earlier model as a 'status symbol' rather than an appliance that would save them time and money in the kitchen.

Having had my TM5 for a few weeks sitting side by side with my TM31 I can share that each is well worth the investment. Do not let the price tag stop you from seeing it in action. No one is going to force you to part with your money! The support, service, community and company is amazing. Ignore the negativity from those who are suggesting that you MUST attend a demo to purchase - that is simply not true. Look beyond the group of people trying to suggest that Thermomix has a monopoly on the market - there are certainly other cheaper alternatives out there, they simply do not compare to the superior quality of TM31 / TM5.

Do yourself a favour and do your own due diligence ... you will not regret owning a Thermomix!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 22 helpful votes

Falsely advertised as being Bishpenol-A (BPA) free

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2014

Very dissapointed. Product is advertised as being BPA free. Thermomix is advising customers on their facebook page that there is no BPA in this model. Yet Thermomix customer service has comfirmed there is BPA in the Varoma lid for strengthening. Will not be using as BPA is not a safe plastic to heat and cook in. The Varoma lid gets extremely hot during cooking and condensation drips into the food being cooked in it. I will not cook in the Varoma until the manufacturer offers a BPA free alternative. Very dissapointing experience.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth, Western Australia

Generation: TM5

Well worth the 7 years I waited to get a Thermomix.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2014

The TM5 is my first Thermomix and we LOVE it! I've had it almost 2 weeks now and have used it everyday at least 4 times a day. Some of the things we have made include, Steamed fish, bread, yoghurt, cakes, Old family slice I converted, butter chicken, scones, butter and so much more. I'm looking forward to making sunscreen for my daughter because its not just about food in the thermomix. Every time I've needed advice I've either asked my consultant or Thermomix Australia and got a response pretty fast.

Generation: TM5

WOW! What an innovative product, amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2014

The TM5 is truly amazing. It is a cooking appliance that literally cooks for you! The TM5 has inbuilt recipes which guide you throughout a recipe, or in some instances do the whole thing. My favourite feature is the yoghurt recipe. You can put it on at night, 8 years later when you wake up yoghurt is ready. However there is a lot more to it than just yoghurt. I have been using the manual cooking function to try lots of recipes from the recipe community and cookbooks. Absolutely love my thermomix. Healthy, quick, delicious meals with minimal effort and whole foods.

Melbourne

• 3 answers

Love my TM5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2014

It's an appliance that actually gets used daily unlike most of my old ones that sat in a cupboard and that alone to me is well worth the price.

I love the kneading, the guided recipes are fantastic even though I thought I'd have no use for it, love the stirring, love it for food processing and steaming and love the scale which means I can weigh things in directly and save myself a lot of washing up.

It's pricey but the quality is worth it in my opinion.

Hobart, Tasmania

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

This luxury kitchen appliance has revolutionised my life.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2014

This luxury kitchen appliance has revolutionised my life. Yes it's an expensive investment, but well worth every cent. It makes cooking exciting, fun & extremely easy. The new features on this TM5 are very futuristic with the digital cookbooks & instructions that make every stage of cooking a pleasure. I feel very privileged to own this incredibly innovative & practical kitchen appliance because it's far more than a simple status symbol. It's worth it's weight in gold.

Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2014

Simply good .blends, cooks complete meals and does so much more! You need to check it out to believe it! It's many kitchen appliances in one unit.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Changed my life...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2014

I've had a TM31 for 4 years and upgraded to the TM5. I love it, but possibly love my TM31 a little more. Thermomix are the ultimate kitchen machine, save time, hands free cooking, easy, quick, LOVE THEM!

I'm still not convinced about the touch screen and the recipe chip novelty, and I don't like the way the seal is no longer removable, but they still are a fabulous machine. I use mine at least daily, and have done for 4 years now.

Don't put it off - buy it!!!

A star performer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2014

Upgraded from the Tm31 after having it a year. I have never loved an appliance more than I love the TM5. Even though I initially thought the recipe chip was gimmicky - I'm surprised about how easy it makes the process. My 6yo daughter is able to make custard unaided! This is the Rolls Royce of thermo cooking. I love the ease of operation, the simplicity of the controls and the power and reliability of the workmanship. Yes, at a smidge under $2k it's pricey. However, as cliched as this sounds, it has honestly changed the way I prepare food... And for me, that makes it worth the price.

Singleton

• 6 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Great Product - Love the simplicity of using the ThermoMix, and the different meal types that I would normally never make is amazing!

• 18 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Lots of problems with TM5!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2015

Please be aware of all the thermomix consultants posting in here. I am not a consultant and bought mine 2 months ago. I have had 2 problems in2 months and now my machine needs to be sent back and the process of fixing it is not a quick one. that's despite the 2 k price tag. If you want to see how many others are having problems have a look at the recipecommunity.com.au and see all the users posting breakdowns on there.
My advice, yes it's a great machine but wait a year or two until they have ironed out the bumps. It's clear they have rushed the launch of these.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Newcastle

• 3 helpful votes

So glad I brought my TM5 Thermmix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2015

I've had my machine sense the start of November. Was worried how much I would use this machine as I have 8 kids, hubby and I to feed. But we have used it pretty much everyday even took it on holidays. It's been brilliant and hasn't missed a beat. I highly recommend the Thermomix.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 20 helpful votes

Craplastic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2015

We were told by the consultant. It's not plastic it's ' food safe polypropylene'. Which is a fancy word for plastic. The lid contains harmful bpa. How can a company sell a machine for $2000 when half of it is made of cheap and nasty plastic? And why are the consultants so cheerful and running with the line there's no plastic in the thermomix? I call scam! Don't buy this ridiculously expensive machine and never cook with plastic at high heats.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hamlyn Terrace

• 1 comment
  • 34 helpful votes

Hate it. Like a cult

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

This review is a 30 something male being bullied into the purchase by his wife. The machine is ok at some tasks. Certainly not as wonderful as the nazi like consultants would lead you to believe. clean up is a nightmare and I wonder if it would be easier to throw food around the kitchen and then wipe it up. I also found a lot of the recipes on the recipe community are disgusting. Yet people rate them and give them 4 or 5 stars because they don't want to upset the rest of the cult. It has got to the point where if a recipe goes wrong my wife will blame me that dare say anything bad again the culty consultants and community. A disturbing culture that preys on women's need to compete with other and desperate need for acceptance. the cooking classes are more to entice more people to buy. They are filled with lies and often most of the class are TM consultants. If you question anything or argue a point they quickly surround you and try to shut you up. They don't want you disproving their lies and stopping a sale.

22 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

BAIRNSDALE, Victoria

• 8 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 39 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Love the machine, but the disappointed it had an error after 3.5 months of owning

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2015

I have owned my TM5 since October, 2014. I ordered it soon after the release in September. I made the decision after owning other cheaper imitations of the Thermomix, and feeling that the motors in them just could not perform the way I needed them to. This decision was not a light one, as $2000 is a huge amount of money for our family budget. I found initially that the customer service was excellent, I received a call the very same day after contacting Thermomix from the area manager who put me in touch with a local consultant. She came over to my house with the TM5 to show me the machine. She then went through the purchasing options and I ordered.

Since owing the TM5, I have found it is an amazing machine. It has a stealth motor, with the ability to perform heavy handed tasks such as crushing a kilo of ice, making nut butter and grinding seeds & rice into flours. It does not struggle and can work for lengths of time without any overloading, plastic smell or weird noises. The accuracy in speed is excellent. The machine will turn at very slow revolutions to stir food, and extremely fast revolutions to grind. I love how it grinds whole spices into ground spices. Another very positive aspect is that it can go in reverse, which leaves food intact when cooking meals. When cooking, I am very impressed with the heat distribution. It cooks food very well, and heats up quickly. In comparison to cheaper models I have owned, it is superior at cooking food, even making complete family meals in a very small time-frame. I have made many all-in-one dishes using the steam attachment (varoma) and have been impressed with the quality.
The recipe chip idea for the TM5 is so clever. It runs through each recipe step and inputs the data to the machine, you just flick the knob and off it goes. It comes with the basic cookbook and chip which has over 180 recipes, including three automated recipes. To be honest, I don't use the automated recipes as I find they underperform compared to using the other recipes on the chip or using the machine manually, but others may find these very useful.
I had been a very happy Thermomix owner, until Australia Day, when my machine suddenly displayed a C150 error and started shutting down automatically. I contacted service and they advised my machine would need to be picked up by courier to be serviced. It was picked up on the 28th January stating it would be 7-10 working days until it has been returned to me following pickup. It is now the 12th February, so has been 12 working days, and still no word regarding my machine. I sent them an email last week asking if there was any news regarding my machine and I received a copy & paste type response advising it would be 7-10 working days and they will let me know when it has been serviced. I wrote back indicating that I was very disappointed with this response, and I received another poor reply just stating that they do not know anything yet and that it has been received, they will let me know when it has been serviced.
I am very upset, firstly that my machine had an error that needed servicing in the first place, and secondly that the customer service and time to service is so terribly poor. I have been reading that many people are experiencing errors on these machines, and for the money spent, this is just unacceptable.
Overall, I love the machine. The design is fantastic, the performance is excellent, but for those contemplating a $2000 spend, please be aware that the support you receive in the beginning does NOT continue. The machines do have a high error rate and the time to service is ludicrous. I am not confident this machine will continue to work now that this has happened, and feel dismayed at such a large purchase. My main fear is that when my warranty is up after the 2 years, and the machine continues to get errors, I will have to pay for servicing.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 19 helpful votes

Fault after after 7 weeks use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2015

We have also had the C34 error after our new thermomix being delivered in December. The blades made an unusual sound and could be seen going into reverse when on a slow chopping speed.

Tried to to contact our consultant to be told that she had left the company but would forward her team leader contact details (had wondered why we hadn't been invited to any cooking classes or to hold another demo as we had lots of friends who were interested and couldn't come to our original demo). After nothing was received we contacted the main office.

main office told us that 9/10 times the fault was because fluid had gotten into the motor - insinuating that we'd caused the fault! We have been very careful to not let water get into the motor as $2000 on a kitchen appliance was a very expensice purchase for us! It seems from this forum we're not the only ones with the fault! Had to take our machine down to the main office which is a huge inconvenience when we both work full time and are now waiting for a response.

Very disappointed at the quality and the customise service we have received!

19 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth, WA

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

Our best purchase ever! Worth every single penny!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2015

We are a young couple who usually lives on take aways but our lifestyle has drastically changed since we owned a Thermomix 5 months ago. Since we own one we have been cooking healthy foods ever since and our machine is rolling almost 5 times everyday. From breakfast smoothie to pancakes, to Asian stirfrys and yummy desserts.. We believe we had our money's worth! The TM5 is wonderful, just a turn of the knob and you are able to leave the machine on and spend more time with your loved ones. We recently just welcome a new addition to our family and people are wondering how are we able to cook up a storm when she is still so little. The secret is Thermomix! Can't wait till they release more of the cooking books with the chips! Thank you Thermomix!

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2015

I love my TM31 and had to get the TM5. I just want everyone to know that yes, there are issues at the moment, but that's because we are the first country to receive this machine. When we got the TM31, it had already been on the market for a few years (as Australia didn't start distributing them till it was out for a while).

As we are the leading country in sales, we have been the FIRST to receive this glorious machine, which means, yep, there are going to be some issues. The product is made in France and they are waiting 12 weeks to receive their TM5. So unfortunately, as we have just gotten the product off the line, there will be some issues with it. However, they are being informed of said issues and this is being fixed.

Until it has been on the market for sometime, unfortunately there will be errors (not all machines however, mine works a treat!).

1 of 9 pages

Read 435 related reviews

TM5

Was wonder if I bought 2nd hand chips of ebay will they work in my machine?

cheryl ellis asked on Nov 15, 2017

Answer this

Yes they would because the Thermomix is isolated from the internet. The problem of chip registration may occur over time as using the Cook-Key means registering your chip to open up the recipes to your online account. If someone had already registered the chip you’d need to ensure they de-register it online before buying it. Worst case, you could still use the chip on the machine directly. The internet access Cook Key is a bolt-on, and the machine is essentially “dumb”. I’m sure future models will be properly internet enabled, but right now it isn’t - which is good!

TM5

Do you think it is good for only one person or a waste of money?

Dash asked on Nov 07, 2017

Hi there,

It's definitely good for one person! A lot of the meals you make in it can be frozen. Plus, there's lots of stuff you will use it for that aren't dependent on a number of people (like sauces, loaves of bread, chutneys, chicken stock, milling your own flour, making your own butter etc). If I lived on my own, I'd get one for sure - it's a less cleaning than all the pots and pans you still use for one person!

Hope that helps.

Beth.

The short answer is yes, but I concur with Beth in that a freezer is a good idea. There are some other advantages too around risk eg. no chopping and cutting yourself, pans boiling over, hot plate left on, having to stir continually etc. Definitely a good buy for a single person, as long as you actively use the product. If you just hate cooking altogether it won’t change that - it just makes it a lot easier.

TM5

Is the plastic parts in TM5 BPA FREE?

Gie asked on Sep 24, 2017

Hi Gie,
yes, all plastic components (made of food-grade polyethersulfone - PES) of the TM5 are BPA free.
For the sake of completeness I should add that, however, trace amounts of BPA have been used in the lid of the Varoma and Measuring Cup for the older TM31 model solely for the purpose of hardening. I remember reading that Vorwerk acknowledged this and commissioned a couple of toxicological investigations to ensure there is no transference to food matter; all test results were below what is called (in laboratory terms) Limit of Detection (LOD) for BPA compounds, noting that the WHO trigger value for BPA detection is approximately 300 times higher than the LOD; thus, I would say those parts are suitable for cooking food. By comparison, some clothing, coating and cosmetic products are way more hazardous to human health than the Thermomix plastic components.
Hope this helps.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details