Generations:

Bundaberg

• 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Great service, product and support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2014

We got our Thermomix after looking into it for over a year. It is defiantly worth every cent. It has made our life so much healthier and cut our food bill down a lot. Our consultant is amazing and our customer service has been great! would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to try thermo cooking. If I had the money I would be buying family members one each to :)

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

kitchen magician! wouldn't be without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2014

I have wanted a thermomix for so long and finally took the plunge. It was the best choice I ever made. I have so much more free time on my hands now that it does all the hard work for me. Easy to use, clear recipes with easy to follow instructions. My life has changed and so has my cooking!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Buxton, New South Wales

• 8 helpful votes

Awesome Kitchen Appliance - built to last

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2014

This amazing piece of German engineering has received a bit of negativity from non-owners who purchased the earlier model as a 'status symbol' rather than an appliance that would save them time and money in the kitchen.

Having had my TM5 for a few weeks sitting side by side with my TM31 I can share that each is well worth the investment. Do not let the price tag stop you from seeing it in action. No one is going to force you to part with your money! The support, service, community and company is amazing. Ignore the negativity from those
who are suggesting that you MUST attend a demo to purchase - that is simply not true. Look beyond the group of people trying to suggest that Thermomix has a monopoly on the market - there are certainly other cheaper alternatives out there, they simply do not compare to the superior quality of TM31 / TM5.

Do yourself a favour and do your own due diligence ... you will not regret owning a Thermomix!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 question
  • 22 helpful votes

Falsely advertised as being Bishpenol-A (BPA) free

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2014

Very dissapointed. Product is advertised as being BPA free. Thermomix is advising customers on their facebook page that there is no BPA in this model. Yet Thermomix customer service has comfirmed there is BPA in the Varoma lid for strengthening. Will not be using as BPA is not a safe plastic to heat and cook in. The Varoma lid gets extremely hot during cooking and condensation drips into the food being cooked in it. I will not cook in the Varoma until the manufacturer offers a BPA free alternative. Very dissapointing experience.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth, Western Australia

Generation: TM5

Well worth the 7 years I waited to get a Thermomix.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2014

The TM5 is my first Thermomix and we LOVE it! I've had it almost 2 weeks now and have used it everyday at least 4 times a day. Some of the things we have made include, Steamed fish, bread, yoghurt, cakes, Old family slice I converted, butter chicken, scones, butter and so much more. I'm looking forward to making sunscreen for my daughter because its not just about food in the thermomix. Every time I've needed advice I've either asked my consultant or Thermomix Australia and got a response pretty fast.

Generation: TM5

WOW! What an innovative product, amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2014

The TM5 is truly amazing. It is a cooking appliance that literally cooks for you! The TM5 has inbuilt recipes which guide you throughout a recipe, or in some instances do the whole thing. My favourite feature is the yoghurt recipe. You can put it on at night, 8 years later when you wake up yoghurt is ready. However there is a lot more to it than just yoghurt. I have been using the manual cooking function to try lots of recipes from the recipe community and cookbooks. Absolutely love my thermomix. Healthy, quick, delicious meals with minimal effort and whole foods.

Melbourne

• 3 answers

Love my TM5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2014

It's an appliance that actually gets used daily unlike most of my old ones that sat in a cupboard and that alone to me is well worth the price.

I love the kneading, the guided recipes are fantastic even though I thought I'd have no use for it, love the stirring, love it for food processing and steaming and love the scale which means I can weigh things in directly and save myself a lot of washing up.

It's pricey but the quality is worth it in my opinion.

Hobart, Tasmania

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

This luxury kitchen appliance has revolutionised my life.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2014

This luxury kitchen appliance has revolutionised my life. Yes it's an expensive investment, but well worth every cent. It makes cooking exciting, fun & extremely easy. The new features on this TM5 are very futuristic with the digital cookbooks & instructions that make every stage of cooking a pleasure. I feel very privileged to own this incredibly innovative & practical kitchen appliance because it's far more than a simple status symbol. It's worth it's weight in gold.

• 1 question

Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2014

Simply good .blends, cooks complete meals and does so much more! You need to check it out to believe it! It's many kitchen appliances in one unit.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Changed my life...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2014

I've had a TM31 for 4 years and upgraded to the TM5. I love it, but possibly love my TM31 a little more. Thermomix are the ultimate kitchen machine, save time, hands free cooking, easy, quick, LOVE THEM!

I'm still not convinced about the touch screen and the recipe chip novelty, and I don't like the way the seal is no longer removable, but they still are a fabulous machine. I use mine at least daily, and have done for 4 years now.

Don't put it off - buy it!!!

A star performer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2014

Upgraded from the Tm31 after having it a year. I have never loved an appliance more than I love the TM5. Even though I initially thought the recipe chip was gimmicky - I'm surprised about how easy it makes the process. My 6yo daughter is able to make custard unaided! This is the Rolls Royce of thermo cooking. I love the ease of operation, the simplicity of the controls and the power and reliability of the workmanship. Yes, at a smidge under $2k it's pricey. However, as cliched as this sounds, it has honestly changed the way I prepare food... And for me, that makes it worth the price.

Singleton

• 6 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Great Product - Love the simplicity of using the ThermoMix, and the different meal types that I would normally never make is amazing!

1 of 12 pages

Read 426 related reviews

TM5

After selecting "Transportation Mode" I get the message "Please shut down ". What do I do? Do I just turn the power off?

Judy H asked on Jun 11, 2017

Answer this

Press the big silver button until it shuts down. You should always avoid shutting it down by just unplugging it.

Do just as Harmamic says. Keep your finger on the big silver button until the sign comes on saying Thermomix will now shut down. You should shut your machine down this way after each use.

TM5

to thicken up a sauce do you take the m/c off and sit the basket ontop instead? thankyou (tm5)

sophie s asked on Mar 24, 2017

Answer this

apologies - I don't waste my time using the thermomix for sauces - quicker, easier, less time consuming, less washing up with 1 x saucepan + spoon to stir sauce...alternatively, use 1 x microwave safe container + sauce mix + spoon - using microwave - check progress each 30 - 45 seconds...a much better and easier way to achieve your sauces - Just how you like them...:]]]

Definitely. More moisture can evaporate without contents splashing over the kitchen surfaces. Plus, you can still walk away and let the Thermomix cook rather than labouring yourself with a wooden spoon.

TM5

Is it possible to have the Thermomix as carry on luggage?

Alli asked on Jan 10, 2017

Answer this

The blades are not permitted on board. I'm sure there are size restrictions to carry on luggage. If you take the blades out & it fits the size then take it on board!

It's also quite heavy so I'm not sure it would be within the carry on luggage allowance on all carriers.

Hi, l took my thermo as a carry on to Perth. I was told that it fits perfect in overhead lockers. Wrong! ...l held the fight up as I sat waiting with my Thermomix sitting on my lap, while as they arranged for it to go on another flight ...it was quite stressful!!
But l did get through with the blade :)

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details