Generations:

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Can’t beat it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I use this machine to cook bulk meals for the week for my husband it’s just made life so much easier. And who doesn’t love a good risotto, this machine you throw it in the bowl and walk away no more stirring. I have never successfully made a risotto on the stove. The kids and I make cakes and cookies and lots of fun things.
You can make food in the bowl and use the Varoma on top to steam other things like your vegetables. Everything can be cooked at the same time and less washing up. I know they sound expensive but it you don’t have all the other appliances lying around your house then get a thermomix. I use it for everything.

Melbourne

A staple in my kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I have the TM5 and can't live without this. It literally does eveything! From grating blocks of parmesan to steaming fish, to chopping garlic, to stir-frying.. my favourite part is how it also has an inbuilt scale so no more playing the guessing game. My only gripe is that it's sometimes hard to get stuff out from under the blades especially if you've made noodles or spaghetti. But other than that, it's easy to take apart and clean and I think the cost is worth-it if you use it at least 3 to 4 times a week which we do!

Adelaide

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Cannot live without it! Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

This is a staple kitchen tool. From a beginner to a pro it will change your life with the way you cook and prepare food. I love being able to whip up pancakes within seconds. Boil water within minutes - goodbye kettle!! Even a Sunday roast can be done in this amazing appliance. I can't think of anything I can fault and I've owned mine for 3 almost 4 years now! It takes me 4 seconds to clean the thermomix - hot water 2 seconds on high, 2 seconds on reverse high.. woolah! Well worth the money! The consultant you buy through is well trained and is a world of knowledge and willing to help you love your thermomix just like they do - utilise them and the online thermomix community

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

I use it every day.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Thermomix is easy to clean and I use it for a multitude of reasons. It mixes, cooks, chops, makes delicious drinks and the list goes on. My most valuable kitchen appliance by far. Mine is two years old and hasn't missed a beat. I do highly recommend it to anyone - great cook or basic cook.

Perth

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

So happy with my Thermomix, has changed my life in the kitchen.
Have found that I have started making so many more things from scratch I simply would not have attempted prior. Mainly due to how many dishes it would have made.
My consultant was really helpful and has even answered a few questions over SMS:)

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Best invention ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

A serious lifesaver when it comes to cooking for my young family. Having 2 under 2 and no spare time to prep healthy meals the thermomix rescued us :) my kids love thermie meals and its so quick and easy to make tasty food. cleaning is pretty easy and it takes seconds to pull apart and put back together after washing the bowl and blade.

• 16 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2012

Powerful as!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

The only way to stay healthy - this little powerful blender does everything - we use it to make icecream even! Had it for a few years now and we have never had any problems with it. Always works and blends even the toughest stuff - perfect for smoothies and soups too.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Good buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I have Been using thermomix for almost a year, I mainly use it for sauce, smd also use to cook when I'm busy . But the only thing i don't like is the max temperature is only up to 120c ,if temperatures can go higher , that would be perfect .

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

There is nothing I don't like about this machine. Totally worth the price!! Eating so much healthier and I know what goes into everything and making things I never even thought to try before

Adelaide

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Aug 2016

OMG

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I think that the Thermomix should be mandatory for every newlywed bride (or groom) let's not get gender specific !
I have never felt confident in the kitchen and have probably avoided it to a certain extent. I am now cooking all sorts of dishes and loving the feedback from my kids !!! I wish I had one when I was first married. Not only does it help you create culinary delights but in the long run it builds confidence in the kitchen which is even more important.
It is "Cooking for Dummies 101" and I say that and not ashamed to own it, not everyone is a natural born chef.
It does everything!!! That is all I can say. I LOVE IT

Mount Isa

• 1 review

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2015

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Went to a demo and brought one I even said would not buy one would not live without it made alot of cake ,pizza dough,family meals and soups chops and mixers things very easy
My husband loves it.
Very easy to use and clean
The only downfall with this machine is the price tag

• 5 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Very happy I decided to purchase this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I went to a demo for the Thermomix 18 months ago, and it took me that long to take the leap to buy it... My husband and I are so happy we did now. It is on the pricey side (which is why it took me so long to make the decision).

I bake a lot with my daughter, this has made it even easier and mess free. It measures and weighs everything, which means we don't need to get the scales out as well as the measuring cups. In fact it's so easy that she (who is 9 years old), pretty much drives the Thermomix on it's own as the recipes for what we are making are on the chip it comes with. So it's great for her, makes her feel like she's in control of everything.

I have used it consistantly since it arrived nearly 2 weeks ago, and the consultant I bought it from has been a wonderful resource, always there whenever I have called or messaged her.

I highly recommend the Thermomix.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

great product for a single person too

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I never realized how great the thermie is for a single person. I use to cook at lot, but i had to the large batches. But with the thermomix, I can just cook the right portion just for me, and it's really easy to do. The blades and the different settings you can use are amazing. Only down-side is the price, but I guess if I used it everyday, it will make up for it in no time.

Purchased at: eBay

• 2 comments

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love love love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Wish I had of found this appliance years ago! So easy to use, I love the recipie chips you attach to the side that walk you through the recipie step by step - even the worst cook will struggle to mess this up! My husband has even started cooking, it's that easy to use! In the beggining I struggled to get into the habit of using it so I set myself a challenge to use it everyday and now I hardly use my stove top. I love that you can make all your ingredients from scratch and you know exactly what you are feeding your family. It's very easy to clean as everything is dishwasher safe. The only con is that it doesn't warn you if you haven't put the blades and base on properly so you can fill the motor with liquid if you aren't careful.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2017

Best thing u could ever buy whether you love to cook or can't!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I hesitated on getting TM5 for about 3-4 years due to the price tag ($2089), in the end got one and i wished i got it from the start! If you love to cook or cant cook you will love this. I cook alot of food in the oven and on the stove but just having the TM5 for prep makes an amazing difference (i do cook in it too). I've prepped 2 different kinds of dough in 20 min both are kneaded and resting! Your kitchen will be cleaner as you do everything in the thermo no dirtying 10 different bowls, spoons, cups etc., more time for other jobs around the house you can throw all the ingredients in for soup, stock, sauces etc and it will cook, stir & blend for you. I can't say enough how much of a help it is. So if your on the fence cant decide i can say i waited over 3 years befor i got it and dont have any regrets i'd buy another in a heartbeat, even my husband says we should have got it sooner haha

Central Coast

• 4 helpful votes

Best kitchen tool ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

What an amazing machine, and it has changed the way I cook forever. Fast, easy and so many online recipes to choose from. I was able to pay the machine off interest free and my Thermomix sales person was amazing. Highly recommend, just buy one and become amazing in the kitchen too.

London

• 1 review
  • 3 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Can't imagine cooking without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

We now use the Thermomix on average 3 times a day. I love that it pushes me to cook more adventurous dishes with great success. The whole family now cooks using the interactive recipe chips and we eat hardly any processed foods now, including ketchup and bread. I don't know how my friends manage without one.

Launceston

• 3 answers

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Excellent for chopping mixing and cooking. Takes longer to get ingredients out of the cupboard than it takes to prepare them. Only down side to the machine is that it the mixing bowl can get a bit heavy and it sometimes is difficult to get the last bit of mixture out because the blades are in the base. Very easy to clean. Love my thermo and wish I had one years ago.

Sydney, Australia

• 2 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

The best investment of appliance I have ever purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

I absolutely love my Thermomix. I have had this appliance for about 3 years now, as previously I owned the previous model the TM31. I absolutely love this digital upgrade of the TM5. Where the machine automatically seals the cap, so no pressure build up and explosion, all intact. It does everything, except for frying and who needs that with today's healthy eating regimes. So easy to use, even my kids use it. Loving the digital chip and community page, where you can buy more online recipes and connect it to your thermomix. I highly recommend it.

Perth

• 10 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Better than expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

After having my TM31 for 8 years and never having a single problem with it, I decided to upgrade.

Was hesitant at first after hearing problems from some TM5 owners but I couldn't be happier. Works seamlessly. I enjoy using it more than my TM31, which is now neglected.

I love the new sound once finished cooking, so much more pleasant.

1 of 8 pages

Read 434 related reviews

TM5

Is the plastic parts in TM5 BPA FREE?

Gie asked on Sep 24, 2017

Hi Gie,
yes, all plastic components (made of food-grade polyethersulfone - PES) of the TM5 are BPA free.
For the sake of completeness I should add that, however, trace amounts of BPA have been used in the lid of the Varoma and Measuring Cup for the older TM31 model solely for the purpose of hardening. I remember reading that Vorwerk acknowledged this and commissioned a couple of toxicological investigations to ensure there is no transference to food matter; all test results were below what is called (in laboratory terms) Limit of Detection (LOD) for BPA compounds, noting that the WHO trigger value for BPA detection is approximately 300 times higher than the LOD; thus, I would say those parts are suitable for cooking food. By comparison, some clothing, coating and cosmetic products are way more hazardous to human health than the Thermomix plastic components.
Hope this helps.

Do you think it's safe to carry a TM5 through 3 flights on checked luggage? TIA

Lídia R asked on Sep 13, 2017

Answer this

No way. The checked luggage gets thrown around with great abandon. Carry it on with you.

I personally wouldn't take the risk. I've seen how the treat luggage when loading it onto planes and off.

Oh, I was hoping so much to have a positive answer .... I've been hearing here and there that traveling with it on the cabine not always works. And having three flights ahead is way too stress for me.
it seems the machine it's bigger than the info I checked about cabin measures.

TM5

After selecting "Transportation Mode" I get the message "Please shut down ". What do I do? Do I just turn the power off?

Judy H asked on Jun 11, 2017

Answer this

Press the big silver button until it shuts down. You should always avoid shutting it down by just unplugging it.

Do just as Harmamic says. Keep your finger on the big silver button until the sign comes on saying Thermomix will now shut down. You should shut your machine down this way after each use.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details