Generations:

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Apr 2016

We love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

Both my wife and I are in love with our Thermomix. We are making all kinds of things that we wouldn't have attempted before. It's also left us with more time to concentrate on the kids after work whilst the Thermomix is cooking dinner.
We couldn't live without one now.

Redfern, Sydney

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Limitations of Cookidoo

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

I am a new owner.

Thermomix claims that one feature/benefit of being a Thermomix owner is Cookidoo, its online recipe community. User beware. It's search function and usability is highly limited. Cookidoo is capable of searching thousands of recipes but unable to search your purchased collections only. It's a frustrating experience and unaligned with the tech innovation of the Thermomix itself. Instead, Cookidoo seems to be a marketing platform to push its other recipe collections, available for purchase.

Townsville

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Love my thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2016

The extent of my cooking before getting my Thermomix was to cook a piece of meat (chicken breast, steak, pork chop, fish etc) in a pan, and crack open some salad items (lettuce, carrot, celery, sprouts, capsicum) on to each plate. Since having my thermomix i now 'cook' delicious, nutritious and a variety of meals - curries, pies, soups, snacks, deserts, breads, dips, smoothies and much more. Yes the machine is expensive but i well and truly made my money back with taking the leftovers for lunch instead of buying takeaway each lunch at $10 a pop. I do spend a lot more time in the kitchen cooking now than I ever did, and it is a noisy product at times that requires hearing protection. But overall I LOVE my thermie and am very glad i bought it. I NEVER would have made a new meal for others without testing it out first before I had the thermomix but have had total confidence to make and take anything to someones place without testing it first. I also love being able to whip up a healthy smoothie for my kids after school or a quick desert when someone asks for it. And of course i like being able to make my own products without all the preservatives and fillers.

sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2015

It overheats!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

I had a TM31 before. I loved that machine. I loved it so much that my friends asked if I was a salesman because I wouldn't stop preaching about it! I even went and I bought two more as presents!

Then the TM5 came out... an even better Thermomix? I couldn't miss that opportunity!

Big mistake. If you want to prepare cold food it is fantastic. It even stores your favourite recipes (at a cost). However, if you want to cook something warm... it overheats and shuts down automatically!

It is so frustrating!

Initially I was told it was because I had to use slow speeds (no ore than 2) when cooking (something I never had to do with my TM31). But even using spoon speed it can't even finish cooking plain rice.

Very disappointing.

If you have a TM31 and are thinking about changing... don't do it! If you don't have a Thermomix but want one, find a TM31, it is much better and it will be much cheaper!

Good Luck!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

My husband is away alot for work and I work full time. Having a thermomix means my 3yo and I still get a quick healthy homecooked meal each night.
Easy to use. Lits of recipes.
It took ne a little while after I recieved it to find the healthier menu options but there are many.

Hervey Bay, Queensland

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Best Appliance in my home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

No issues with the TM5 at all... I have seen others use their's far less than me which i think is a personal thing not a machine thing. Take a basic recipe like curried sausages the "normal" way to make it one might know... Some pepople don't even consider finding another way in the thermomix which may be easier or tastier. I use mine for everything and cant fathom living without! I purchased it for $2000 so ill be damned if im not going to use it for everything and so far there isnt a single thing i have done in it that i prefer the conventional way.

Central Coast

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

The best thing I have ever bought

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

I am literally obsessed with this product. It is so amazing! It is excessively expensive but it is a real service you get when buying your thermomix. I had a lady come round to my house and host a party while showing me how to use it. I am always making soups, bread, veggie burgers, protein balls, dips, everything!

I would 100% recommend this. Especially to people with young kids. So good for cutting out sugar and salt and know exactly what is in your food as its so easy to make everything from scratch.

Launceston

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Made cooking easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I was lucky enough for ny family to put in for my 21st birthday and might I just say it is my favourite appliance. For someone who was a very basic cook to now making different cuisines and meals all the time I am so happy. The recipe chip makes following along so easy and the online recipe collection makes is possible for me to find a new recipe to try nearly every day. I recommend a thermomix to everyone!

Hunter Valley

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Worth every cent!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2016

I absolutely love my Thermomix! I wont lie - once my consultant left and it was just me and my thermi I couldn't get my head around it. I hated it. It was taking me longer to do everything. I had to learn how to cook again. 6 months on I wouldn't choose to live without it. I use mine multiple times every single day. I am a bit of a health nut and have a few food intolerance's so this is a life saver for me. It allows me to make almost everything for scratch without any of the nasty stuff and at a fraction of the price. I am an extremely busy person so it also allows me to do my after work activities then get home and have a healthy dinner cooking unsupervised while I shower and get ready for the next day.
I would recommend anyone to get one. Best appliance I have. My new stove and cook top don't get use much anymore.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2014

My life-saver go-to machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2016

This appliance I wouldn't live without It excels at cooking fast delicious meals, bread dough in minutes, and steaming meat and vegies. In summer you can wow your visitors with icy cold sorbets, and icecreams! One of the only things it doesn't do is roast. It is however very easy to clean, and non-stick even bread dough comes off with ease!

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2015

A year of cooking more adventurously

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

I received my TM5 one year ago and so far I've been very happy with it. I use it most days and I feel I can justify the price tag because it does make my life easier. I've definitely cooked a lot of things I wouldn't have tried before, like making my own stock pastes, risottos, sorbets, dips, pizza bases and protein balls. I bake more and I hide more veggies in our food because it's so easy to throw them in and grate them up in the Thermi.
I started off making a lot of the recipes on the chip and then found blogs and websites like Skinnymixers, Quirky Cooking and Thermobexta. The Recipe Community is a great resource and I use it regularly.
You can find recipes for just about anything you want to make. I always search the recipes by rating so I can find the most reliable ones.
I don't think it has saved me money on groceries but I have to admit I've not been bothered to make my own bread, yoghurt or pantry staples. I'm sure it is easy to do.
The Thermi is easy to clean. I give it a quick whizz with a little detergent and then use the cleaning brush. I put the bowl in the dish washer and I don't bother taking it apart unless blades are really dirty.
I do think Thermomix could have designed this product better, especially for the money. One day I was making a smoothie and liquid somehow came out of the side of the sealed lid and dripped into the base. As a result I got an error message and was worried I'd have to send it off for repair. Luckily the Thermi dried out and has operated fine since then. My criticism is that the base should be designed so it still works even if it gets wet. It's a worry to me that minor spills could potentially ruin a $2000 machine. I also find it hard to dry the pins inside the bowl base.
Overall I think the quality of the machine is good and I haven't had any issues with the scales.
If you're considering buying check out the Recipe Community and look at most popular recipes so you can see the types of things you can cook and decide if you'd get enough use out of it.
I'm not a consultant, just a customer who has tried to write a fair and balanced review of the product.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

My Kitchen Must-Have!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

I received my thermomix around a month ago now and honestly don't know what I did before it!! Saves so much washing up and does slot of the hard work for you! The family are pretty happy with my purchase too as they are enjoying delicious meals everyday!! It is also all dishwasher proof so cleaning the bowl is easy peasy!!

• 1 answer

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Its Amazing, love love love my Thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2016

My Thermomix Excels at everything, It really prompted me to start cooking from scratch, It makes cooking so damn easy. Its definately part of my kitchen and really wouldnt want to be without it!
Its very easy to clean just pop it in the dishwasher or follow the self cleaning in the Basic cookbook
Only Task it falls short on is it cant fry food! But it can prepare the food to fry

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Excellent customer support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Love my Thermidor & not happy when scales died. I emailed the customer support people, got a call the next day with options on returning it for fixing. I had kept box so packaged it up & thermomix arranged for TNT who picked up on day I nominated. It was returned via courier 7 days later all fixed. Sorry to hear of poor services.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Absolutely love my thermomix! I was hesitant at first given the price tag but I'm so glad I brought one. It has changed our meals for the better. I was never confident in making things from scratch until I brought my thermo now I cook everything from scratch. Can't put a price tag on healthy easy meals. It's also fun to use and very addictive! all I want to do is cook cook and cook. One very happy thermo owner here.

Essendon

• 1 answer

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Wow, Thermomix is everything it promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Thermomix TM 5 has been a time saver and $$ saver in our household.
We are all busy and being able to prepare a meal, keep it warm in the Thermo server is just fantastic and no wasted left overs!
Easy to pull apart and clean my teenagers can use it.

Perth

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 97 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Could not do without my thermomix now.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

Well, let me start by saying that for many, many years I was the "doubting Thomas" that believed anyone raving about such an expensive appliance was only justifying it to themselves. I have truly eaten my words.
My family now eat so much healthier. I used to make a lot from scratch, now I can say I make everything from scratch. I bought it for dinner ideas and inspiration, as 18 years of marriage means I was a bit bored with the same old dinners. I can't believe just how easy it is to whip up wholesome, healthy foods, knowing precisely what has gone into them.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

Where have you been all my life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

First and foremost this is a tool, like all tools it will operate safely if you read the instructions and follow them. I am a wanna be master chef and this is an amazing tool. It is too dangerous to have in the house of a comfort food lover! You can be watching your favorite movie while a big bowl of comforting custard is cooking on its own. I am working through every version I can think of in sorbets! Right now it is Mandarin and basil (go figure basil!). You get all the fruit or fruit juice sitting in the freezer and then 3 minute later I'm serving up sorbet. It does everything it promises and more! And it all goes in the dishwasher! Show me a bench top appliance that says you can do that!

Generation: TM5

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

The most incredible machine ever. The consultant was absolutely incredible and it is worth every single Cent. It is Magic. My family loves it. The food you can create in this incredible machine is endless. Saves time and money and everything is so precious and absolutely delicious. I'm sorry to those naysayers who have to whinge about everything but the tm5 is incredible. Let the haters hate this is one incredible machine.

Geelong, Victoria

• 25 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 48 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Unrealiable poor customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I loved my Thermomix when it is working. Mine also has also suffered from faulty scales. Seems to be a common fault. Customer service follows a well maintained script this is just an isolated issue blah blah blah. Mine failed after 4 weeks. I kept using it without the scale function as didn't want lengthy return wait. Thermomix are too cheap to pay for packaging for return and they suggest you find a box at your local hardware store. Mine thermomix also started not heating up. I have owned it for 7 months. It will be an expensive paper weight once the warranty expires.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes