Generations:

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2015

A year of cooking more adventurously

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

I received my TM5 one year ago and so far I've been very happy with it. I use it most days and I feel I can justify the price tag because it does make my life easier. I've definitely cooked a lot of things I wouldn't have tried before, like making my own stock pastes, risottos, sorbets, dips, pizza bases and protein balls. I bake more and I hide more veggies in our food because it's so easy to throw them in and grate them up in the Thermi.
I started off making a lot of the recipes on the chip and then found blogs and websites like Skinnymixer
s, Quirky Cooking and Thermobexta. The Recipe Community is a great resource and I use it regularly.
You can find recipes for just about anything you want to make. I always search the recipes by rating so I can find the most reliable ones.
I don't think it has saved me money on groceries but I have to admit I've not been bothered to make my own bread, yoghurt or pantry staples. I'm sure it is easy to do.
The Thermi is easy to clean. I give it a quick whizz with a little detergent and then use the cleaning brush. I put the bowl in the dish washer and I don't bother taking it apart unless blades are really dirty.
I do think Thermomix could have designed this product better, especially for the money. One day I was making a smoothie and liquid somehow came out of the side of the sealed lid and dripped into the base. As a result I got an error message and was worried I'd have to send it off for repair. Luckily the Thermi dried out and has operated fine since then. My criticism is that the base should be designed so it still works even if it gets wet. It's a worry to me that minor spills could potentially ruin a $2000 machine. I also find it hard to dry the pins inside the bowl base.
Overall I think the quality of the machine is good and I haven't had any issues with the scales.
If you're considering buying check out the Recipe Community and look at most popular recipes so you can see the types of things you can cook and decide if you'd get enough use out of it.
I'm not a consultant, just a customer who has tried to write a fair and balanced review of the product.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

My Kitchen Must-Have!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

I received my thermomix around a month ago now and honestly don't know what I did before it!! Saves so much washing up and does slot of the hard work for you! The family are pretty happy with my purchase too as they are enjoying delicious meals everyday!! It is also all dishwasher proof so cleaning the bowl is easy peasy!!

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Its Amazing, love love love my Thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2016

My Thermomix Excels at everything, It really prompted me to start cooking from scratch, It makes cooking so damn easy. Its definately part of my kitchen and really wouldnt want to be without it!
Its very easy to clean just pop it in the dishwasher or follow the self cleaning in the Basic cookbook
Only Task it falls short on is it cant fry food! But it can prepare the food to fry

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Excellent customer support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Love my Thermidor & not happy when scales died. I emailed the customer support people, got a call the next day with options on returning it for fixing. I had kept box so packaged it up & thermomix arranged for TNT who picked up on day I nominated. It was returned via courier 7 days later all fixed. Sorry to hear of poor services.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Absolutely love my thermomix! I was hesitant at first given the price tag but I'm so glad I brought one. It has changed our meals for the better. I was never confident in making things from scratch until I brought my thermo now I cook everything from scratch. Can't put a price tag on healthy easy meals. It's also fun to use and very addictive! all I want to do is cook cook and cook. One very happy thermo owner here.

Essendon

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Wow, Thermomix is everything it promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Thermomix TM 5 has been a time saver and $$ saver in our household.
We are all busy and being able to prepare a meal, keep it warm in the Thermo server is just fantastic and no wasted left overs!
Easy to pull apart and clean my teenagers can use it.

Perth

• 4 answers
  • 87 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Could not do without my thermomix now.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

Well, let me start by saying that for many, many years I was the "doubting Thomas" that believed anyone raving about such an expensive appliance was only justifying it to themselves. I have truly eaten my words.
My family now eat so much healthier. I used to make a lot from scratch, now I can say I make everything from scratch. I bought it for dinner ideas and inspiration, as 18 years of marriage means I was a bit bored with the same old dinners. I can't believe just how easy it is to whip up wholesome, healthy foods, knowing precisely what has gone into them.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

Where have you been all my life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

First and foremost this is a tool, like all tools it will operate safely if you read the instructions and follow them. I am a wanna be master chef and this is an amazing tool. It is too dangerous to have in the house of a comfort food lover! You can be watching your favorite movie while a big bowl of comforting custard is cooking on its own. I am working through every version I can think of in sorbets! Right now it is Mandarin and basil (go figure basil!). You get all the fruit or fruit juice sitting in the freezer and then 3 minute later I'm serving up sorbet. It does everything it promises and more! And it all goes in the dishwasher! Show me a bench top appliance that says you can do that!

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

The most incredible machine ever. The consultant was absolutely incredible and it is worth every single Cent. It is Magic. My family loves it. The food you can create in this incredible machine is endless. Saves time and money and everything is so precious and absolutely delicious. I'm sorry to those naysayers who have to whinge about everything but the tm5 is incredible. Let the haters hate this is one incredible machine.

Geelong, Victoria

• 25 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 43 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Unrealiable poor customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I loved my Thermomix when it is working. Mine also has also suffered from faulty scales. Seems to be a common fault. Customer service follows a well maintained script this is just an isolated issue blah blah blah. Mine failed after 4 weeks. I kept using it without the scale function as didn't want lengthy return wait. Thermomix are too cheap to pay for packaging for return and they suggest you find a box at your local hardware store. Mine thermomix also started not heating up. I have owned it for 7 months. It will be an expensive paper weight once the warranty expires.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Can't imagine life without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Im a working mum with a toddler. And its been a blessing since i got it (4 months or so)
Mealtimes are just so much easier -
* Blades and stirring all in one bowl make it fast - only need to clean one thing.
* easy to clean - using the turbo mode and the TM bowl brush to finish after
* Fantastic quality!! Made of solid steel. Blades are even stronger. Just need to pick it up to feel the sturdiness
* LOVE the knead mode. Have made all sorts of dough - bread to indian bread dough to gluten free bread
* love that i can start the dinner and
leave the house to pick up bub etc. (Timer based cooking)
* Love the online recipe community - Has so many recipes
* Recipe platform is awesome too - I can checkthe recipes that i own remotely so i can shop for them, make shopping lists etc.

Downsides :
* Price, but i expect it to last me my lifetime. (And it pays for itself).
* would like to see non plastic options for the varoma and butterfly whisk. (Steel or so)
* Spatula too...since it does get the odd chink in it.
* Would like to see it programmed to an automated start time...much like a slow cooker.
* more automated recipes on the chip

I have started eating healthier sincei got it. And cooking more too. (Saves money from not having to go out as much )
It has brought my passion back in cooking as its not a chore anymore. :)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Best purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Thermomix has had some bad press recently due to someone being hurt. I have worked in Emergency departments and have seen what people do with their cars, saws, knifes etc yet we don't jump up and down about that. People are people and sometimes do silly things.

I have had my Thermomix for almost a year, it is the best appliance I own and I use it every day - yes, we took it on holidays too! We eat better & know what is in our food, it has also cut down our food and groceries bill. Best thing is, it has been such a help as I get older wi
th doing things that used to hurt my hands. No more burnt food either and I can walk away, or sit down with a coffee while our meal cooks. Yes, it's an expensive machine, but it will pay for itself in a short while. If you follow the instructions you will be fine. Our Grandkids also love cooking with it, the younger ones supervised, but they are learning lots about the food we eat and getting excited about healthy food. I am not a consultant, just a Mum & Nan who loves her Thermomix and seeing our Grandkids get excited about picking produce including fresh herbs from their gardens and making dinner or lunch. Can't recommend it highly enough.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes