Generations:

Melbourne

• 1 question

Generation: TM5

Best kitchen appliance ever made!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2015

My wife bought a Thermomix a few months ago and it is worth every cent. I know it is pricey but you will not regret it. You can't go wrong with a German product. Buy it for sure if you are contemplating it. It is a great product to replace so many other appliances in your kitchen that are taking space and are nowhere as good as Thermomix.

• 10 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

best thing ive purchased in a long time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2015

Ive had this appliance for 7 days and im in love. Works perfect, does exacty what is described. I save time in the evening when the kids are going crazy, and im making a lot of things from scratch: bread, tomato paste, meat stock and vegetable stocks. The versatility of this appliance is amazing and i highly recommend it :)

Almost perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2015

It is so easy to use, especially with the recipe chip. And I would give it 5 stars but I find the cooking temperature often doesn't reach the pre-set temperature on the recipe chip. And I'm not the only person with this problem either, my mum has the same issue. She contacted her consultant who contacted thermomix. They made her run a few tests and sent a technician out to have a look at it but the issue wasn't resolved. He said the problem wasn't in the machine but the recipes on the chip (??)
It doesn't overly bother me - I just cook it a bit longer if required - but you'd expect for the price, there shouldn't be issues like this.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Thermo Awsome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2015

This is now our no 1 appliance, it does so much, we even make our own sauces, breads, chocolates and mix spices ! we must use it 3-4 times a day, the all in one meals are so easy and time efficient ! today I'm making Peanut butter, breakfast was boiled eggs that are perfect every time !

Love!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2015

Throughly enjoy cooking with my TM5 everyday! Capable of creating delicious meals every time, no matter how big or small your kitchen is! Makes creating your own homemade bread, spreads etc a breeze! The thermomix also comes with a consultant whom you can contact regularly and easily when needing advice or assistance!

amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2015

This will be the best kitchen appliance you will ever buy.
It does everything you need.
Althought the price may seem alot at first, belive me you will never regret it.
If you use it to its full capability you will find you actually save money each week which will in turn pay for the machine.

Generation: TM5

Best thing I have ever purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2015

I brought one and felt sick after the money left my account, however once I had it on my kitchen bench I never looked back. It has made my life so much easier. Everything is much quicker now. If it's a consideration then don't hesitate. I have also had people compare to the cheaper models and have been told there really is no comparison.

Just brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2015

I was skeptical due to the price, but my wife really wanted one. Since the demonstrator, Geri, showed us just what it can do, guess who uses it the most? Yep, me, at least once a day for everything from food processing, to making almond meal, smoothies, and even as a sous vide.

Sydney

Generation: TM5

Stands the Test of "used at least once a day everyday "

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2015

I was sceptical when buying it if it was worth it due to the heavy price tag of over $2000. However, it gets so much use in my household making it worth the investment. Even my kids and husband feel empowered to use it due to the easy step by step recipes.

LOVE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

Best purchase I have EVER made. I had ogled them for years.. knew they were amazing but never had the pleasure to use one. Finally go invited to a demo and was blown away, even my kids who are 8 & 10-year-old boys LOVE using it and can do so alone.

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

The best kitchen appliance I've ever bought!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

Thanks to my new Thermomix i am more adventurous with my cooking. I've had it for 2 months now and my husband and friends are constantly amazed by the culinary delights I am producing. The recipe chips means you can makes complicated dishes with ease. The initial cost was high but I am now saving money by making my own yoghurt, bread and spreads.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Newcastle

• 2 helpful votes

Game Changer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2015

When my partner asked/told me that we were getting one, I couldn't really see the point but as I wanted to buy myself a new tv next year I thought it would allow me to get whatever size I wanted without any gripe. Lo and behold, this device turns up that is so much more than a glorified blender and I don't ever want to go back to living without one. Tricky dishes are made easy and easy dishes are so simple even I can do it and it also makes the best mash potatoes I've ever had.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5

I can not live without this beauty!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2015

I purchased the thermomix TM5 one month ago. Since then i have not been able to live without it!!! The different functions of the machine means you use it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks! From porridge or poached eggs for breakfast to smoothies, protein balls, steamed vegetables, meat loaf, cakes, bread and more. It really is everything you want in the kitchen in one small machine that sits on the bench. I probably have around 15 different appliances that never saw the kitchen bench - they were never used and always in a cupboard. With this machine it is so simple to use and designed to sit on the bench to use it several times a day. It is just amazing. No regrets. Completely worth the money!

Best thing ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2015

I love the simplicity of this machine. The touch screen with step-by-step instructions makes cooking even easier - I no longer need to worry about getting cooking books dirty or losing the recipe page. This item has replaced my mixer, blender and grater so far. This is THE tool to reduce food wastage ( I made a veggie soup in 25 minutes from leftover veggie scraps) and to take control over food preservatives and additives - I know EXACTLY what is going into my food. I look forward to eating clean with my family in a quick/efficient/cost effective way. Every dollar and minute counts as a single working mother.

INCREDIBLE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2015

I finally bought a Thermomix after hearing only good things from my family and friends, and I CANT BELIEVE IT! It's a dream come true! Makes anything you can think of from sorbet to bread mix to cake to curry, so easy to use, very easy to clean, easy to pack away and doesn't sound like a jack hammer like other blenders. I wouly reccomend the Thermomix to absolutely everyone. Whether you are a parents cooking for a big family or single living alone, it is a house MUST HAVE!

Brisbane

Generation: TM5

More things to go wrong than previous model

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2015

I adore the TM31 and was excited to get its bigger prettier sister and I have been remarkably unimpressed. I'm using my TM31 more than TM5 due to a fault with the arms developing in the first 9 months. It is pretty, I love the recipe chip function and it is quieter but the simpler TM31 still wins my vote - 5 years of solid heavy daily usage and went in for a new brain due to exhaustion! Customer service has always been truly excellent and I can't fault the service centre or the consultants. It is still a great machine but I prefer the simpler older style.

• 2 answers

Generation: TM5

One kitchen appliance every body should have.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2015

I have used my thermo every day since I received it. This kitchen appliance does everything. It weighs ingredients, steams, beats, mixes, chops, blends, mills and grinds , crushes, cooks and stews, sautes, simmers,and kneads ( dough). I save money on my shopping every week as I now make my own butter and turn granulated sugar into castor and icing sugars I also make my own yummy bread. I don't think there's anything that this appliance doesn't do and I would certainly recommend it to go onto your Christmas list !!!!! It's a little pricey, but well worth it.

All-in-one kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2015

My wife bought the new TM5 Thermomix a couple of weeks ago. Best decision we've ever made. Easy to use step-by-step guide for each recipe (stored on the chip supplied with the device) or the manual setting let's you make up each step as you go. Recipe books are sold separately. Even mere males can use this with ease

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

• 21 helpful votes

Mixed feelings...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2015

I've only had my TM5 for 3 months and I just sent it off for repairs last week. All of a sudden my scales started jumping so its getting serviced. I 'ummed' and 'ahhhed' for weeks before forking out the $2k so it wasn't a decision taken lightly for me to purchase. I appreciate all of the functions and use it often, but for over $2k and only a few months use I shouldn't have to get it fixed already, if at all! And this is a common problem to have!! Before this I used my breville blender (which was $200) daily for years and never had an issue wit h it, or in fact any other appliances I've owned at a fraction of the cost. And if I did I could simply take them back to the retailer for a replacement. The fact that you have to be inconvenienced by waiting around for couriers, plus not have the appliance for weeks is a joke. For such an expensive appliance I expect better quality and better service. I'm disappointed in my experience and don't think i'd recommend it to others.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Some good points, but prone to faults and poor customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2015

Purchased a TM5 1 month ago. Have been impressed by some meals but would agree with some others comments about a lot of it not having the depth of flavours from stovetop cooking. I also find myself using about as many dishes once you account for the washing of the bowl multiple times. Then 1 month after purchase the machine has developed a fault. Customer service has been poor, have had to pay for packaging for it to be returned in, and haven't been offered any compensation for that. Would think twice about recommending to others.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes