Filter By:

Perfect Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Used Tick 3 times now. I found it very simple to navigate website. The medical questions were fairly painless and didn't result in extra $$ to cover everyday illnesses like arthritis or high blood pressure. Competitive pricing.

Insurance claim made

More than happy with tick travel. Will use again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

We have used tick travel insurance one time and have found them very professional and prompt to respond to our needs

Good by comparison

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

The web site is very easy to use. This is the second time, we'll see how good they are if we have to make a claim.

Not easy with Pre-existing medical

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I found that on a quote for 1 trip I was accepted with pre-existing medical condition but on the next trip they declined to cover with exactly the same details except for destination/travel time. Could not talk to anyone about it as no phone number or chat available and email request did not help me. Their medical assessment is "yes/no" and does not have room for explanation and/or options.

Comments
Tick Travel Insurance Official

Hi Marlene, thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry we were unable to cover you for your second trip. Unfortunately, the reason for your first trip being accepted for cover, and your second trip not be... read more »

Great deal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I have not used this insurance company before this, but the policy was reasonably priced for a 75 year old

Easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

This is the 2nd time I have used Tick Travel and although I didn't make a claim first time around, the process was very easy and the price is awesome. I will more than likely use them in the future as well.

Emu Park

• 1 review
  • 1 question
Private message

Verified Customer

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I have now used Tick three times and it suits me well for both, Cover and Price. I find contacting Tick for support, very easy. A Pleasure to deal with and will do again.

Cost effective - but have not had to claim - so far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I have used Tick a few times in the last couple of years.
Have not "put them to the test" claiming - hope I don't have to!
Proof of the pudding will be can they match their service with their excellent prices!!

Great cover, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

They provided me with a cover for my pregnancy which most travel insurances wouldn't. Very good and prompt customer service.

Easy to complete

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Third time Tick has been the choice for us. Good price and easy to take out. We are looking to our holiday.

Verified Customer

Ticked All the Boxes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Again Tick has been the choice for us. Good price and easy to take out. We look forward to our holiday.

just ok...too many medical screening questions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Better price than many but very detailed on medical issues.....elongated for healthy customers.
Would look at other options next time as claims that contacts all over the globe but we were given a Melbourne phone number only.

Simple to complete

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Home site indicates a competitive, proficient and professional operation that covers travellers issues. Thankfully we have not had reason to claim but we anticipate good service in case of need

Read the Fine Print

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

First and last. You would think that if your flights get cancelled less than 48 hours before you leave and your new flights with another provider costs you an additional $1500 you be covered. No not with Tick. All insurance companies are great until you need to claim.

Comments
Tick Travel Insurance Official

Hi BJay, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the result you wanted. You have the right to submit a formal complaint and have your claim reassessed: if you email your policy and claim numbers to compl... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Too hard to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

First time using this insurance company. Wont use them again, claims procedure was way too difficult to get through, I sent numerous emails asking for clarification with no reply. It just all got too hard. I needed to claim for the costs of cancelled flights, the excess was $200 PER PERSON PER SECTOR! Of course it says this in the fineprint but its difficult to study the ins and outs of that when making a purchase. I paid for more expensive coverage but in the end it was useless and ended up losing $1500 because of this company. Valuable lesson learnt but they wont be getting anymore of my money.

Comments
Tick Travel Insurance Official

Hi CeeM, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome your expected, but you can lodge a formal complaint and have your case reviewed if you believe your case was handled unfairly. Email complain... read more »

Simple and esay

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

This is the first time I use this company and I found it very easy and simple to use the format.

Iceland

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Difficult time but a great insurance company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

This is our second time we have travelled using Tick Travel Insurance, the first time we have made a claim from any travel insurance. The refund was paid in under two months. We are very happy with Tick Insurance and recomend to others. Proficient staff that asked and required the answers.

Well worth having Tick Travel Insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Having used Tick travel twice and had to claim twice once for an accident and once for a cancellation I found Tick to be helpful and informative when dealing with these claims

Good service and comunication

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

My first time with your company and everything was handled professionally. Will use again. The claim was processed with minimum fuss.

Great price, great insurance coverage - will use again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

This is the third time that I have used Tick Travel Insurance and I couldn't be happier with not only the price but how easy it is to do. Takes just a few minutes online and you are done.
Will always be using Tick for my travel insurance needs.

1 of 40 pages

If I take out a policy the same day as my travel departure will I still be covered?

Eddie B asked on Jan 09, 2019

Answer this

Hi Eddie, great question.

Yes you will. As long as you purchase your policy before you commence your travel, you can still buy a policy on the same day as you start your travels, and it will be valid. For example, if your holiday starts with a flight overseas, you can purchase your policy any time before your flight.

Thanks, Daniel

I note the person who had had trouble claiming due to having had Anixety and Depression in the last 5 years. Does this only apply if the medical condition or reason for claim was due to the mental illness? IE if you fall and break your leg is that hospitalisation still covered despite the previous anxiety and depression?

Elise Australia asked on Jan 01, 2019

Hi Elise,

Our policies provide cover for unlimited overseas medical expenses. If an accident happens and this is related to a pre-existing medical condition which has been declared and accepted in our website, there are not issues when claiming. If an accident happens (which is not related to a pre-existing medical condition), all overseas medical expenses are covered following our PDS. So in your example if you declare anxiety and depression and we accept the declaration you will be covered for any costs related to that condition. Likewise if you break your leg and the cause or costs do not relate to an undeclared pre-existing condition then you will be covered for those costs too.

If you have any questions, feel free to email info@tickinsurance.com.au or visit our website to get Livechat support.

Regards,

Daniel

I brought travel insurance on quote 32568449 and paid for it by card and I have not received my receipt or policy? Do you know where i can find it?

gloria riley asked on Dec 19, 2018

Answer this

I provided my email address and all documents were forwarded to me almost immediately. Maybe call them?

I received an email from Tick the day following my payment informing me that my payment had been processed and quoting a payment reference number. This was followed by a further email same day that allowed me to download my policy document. No problem.

Hi Gloria,

Sorry for the late response. If you need any help with your policy, please send us an email to info@tickinsurance.com.au.

Cheers,