This product has been discontinued .

Models:
  • 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: JBA-T18A Date Purchased: Jun 2014

lid hinge broke after 3 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I bought this cooker on 19-Jun-2014. the plastic lid where it meets the hinge just broke off after 3 years of use (once a week use on average). I am an experienced user of tiger brand rice cooker: before I bought this model, I had been using the same JNP1803 for 10+ years (still working well). very disappointing experience with this model: it only lasted 3.25 years and it was not cheap! Rice does taste nicer (chewier) using this model than JNP1803. I can cook 6 cups of brown rice using this model.

Model: JBA-T18A Date Purchased: May 2015

Don't buy this Tiger rice cooker JBA-T18A.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

Do not buy this Tiger rice cooker JBA-T18A.
It can not cook more than 6 cups of rice. There are no refund or exchange once you paid for it and use it.
I like Tiger rice cooker until the day I bought this JBA-T18A.
On the first day, I cooked 3 cups of rice, with quick cook option, it took about 38-40 minutes. It was slower than I expected, but the rice was cooked nicely.
Next day, I tried to cook 6 cups of rice, to my shock the rice cooker failed. After 43 minutes, water was still sinked in the bottom of the rice cooker and the rice was still uncooked. I tried again again and again, more than 6 cups=fail.
I was very disappointed because the rice cooker couldn't cook more than 6 cups of rice.
I bought the Tiger rice cooker from a local shop in Richmond, Melbourne, called Unicorn Kitchen Ware, 403 - 405 Victoria Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067.
I took the unit back to the shop, about one week after I purchased this unit, for an exchange or refund. The seller asked me to leave this rice cooker at his shop so someone from Sydney will come to exam it. A week later, I came back to the shop, the seller said he couldn't give me a refund because they couldn't find anything wrong with this.
Do not buy this Tiger rice cooker JBA-T18A.
It can not cook more than 6 cups of rice.
It take a long time to cook.
You can't get return or refund during the first 30days after you use it.

Model: JBA-T10U

Very Disappointed in this unit..I had high hopes!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2015

I purchased this system off eBay recently after researching and reading some positive reviews, after receiving the unit I was impressed with its design it looked high quality..
First use was only with a few cups of rice,, it cooked it well, a lot slower than usual but I then selected the quick option.
I then went for 7 cups of long basmati rice to cook.. no big deal as my $30 Breville (dont buy one) cooker handled this perfectly fine. To my shock the unit took 40 minutes and still had a POOL of water at the bottom of the cooking pot. This happended 3 out of 3 times.. 7 cups + 7 water level = fail.

Don't buy this machine unless you have local seller you can take it back to when it fails or doesn't cook more than 6 cups of rice.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: JBA-T10U

Tiger rice cooker 5.5 cups

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2015

This is one of the best rice cooking machine that I have ever had. I recommend to pay the money to buy its quality and workmanship. Great program's from slow cooking to steaming. I give it a 5 out of 5 rating

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: JBA-T10A

Very good, but with an ironic frustration

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2014

I've had my rice cooker for four months. It cooks rice really well - better than its two sub$20 cheapies that lasted for a year or less. For the first time, I've been able to cook brown rice perfectly without thinking. It also cooks quinoa fine, which is not surprising as quinoa is less fussy than rice. We use it every second day.

The ironic frustration? The advertising has phrases like "convenient carry handle", and "easy to read LCD screen". Well, they'd hardly say "inconvenient carry handle", and what use is an LCD screen that isn't easy to read? Well, in this case, the LCD screen is recessed with no backlight, resulting in a shadow that actually makes it hard to see what program you've selected. It's a minor nuisance, but aggravating that a clear design fault that I've not seen in any other appliance is part of the blurb!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane, QLD

• 5 helpful votes

Selected review

Great, bit complicated for a rice cooker, just takes time.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2012

JBA-T Microcomputer Controlled Rice Cooker- Made in Japan JBA-T10U

When you eat rice almost every day of your life, you do appreciate nicely cooked rice. This rice cooker definitely cooks rice to perfection.

The rice bowl is nicely made with markings to clearly show you how much water should be added, to each cup of rice you want to cook. This is instead of guessing, or using your finger to kinda guage how much water is required. But the bowl is a metal coated in a non-stick coating, and is generally quite fragile and prone to scratching quite easily – we’ve been super careful with it, and still managed to sratch the surface after a couple of weeks. It’s quite a snug fit into the rice cooker itself.

The measuring cup isn’t actually one cup of rice, it’s slightly less than a cup of rice. It seems more like three quarters of a cup. Other than that, there’s nothing really special about the measuring cup.

The ladel has a bubble texture to the scouping surface which does prevent the rice from sticking directly to the ladel itself, so quite ingenious. Also it has a little bit on the end which allows the ladel to slot into a holder area on the side of the rice cooker.

The LCD display on the rice cooker is nice, but it’s powered by an internal battery, which I’ve been told can last for 5 years before requiring servicing to replace. Good and a bad thing, would’ve been nice if the battery were use replacable. One nice feature of the screen is that it informs you how long till cooking is done, but this is only available once there is 15minutes or less left for cooking. Still a nice feature, also once cooking is done, it beeps.

We’ve had this rice cooker for a couple of months now, and the rice always comes out nicely. One thing though is that the normal cooking program is a bit long, its about 45min or so. There is a quick cooking setting, which is probably half the time, though we have yet to try it out. There are a lot of untested features available from this rice cooker, but we only need to cook rice, and for that its perfect.

+ Perfect rice

- Expensive

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I have a Zojirushi rice cooker which takes 70 minutes on the normal program or 45 minutes on the quick program to cook rice. The rice comes out perfectly cooked, fluffy, and the grains do not stic... read more »

hello
do you know how I could buy a zojirushi in Australia?

eBay, will ship from singapore