Swan hill

Car: 2016 Toyota 200 Series Landcruiser

Best all terrain tyre in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Have had BF Goodrich and Coopers, Toyo AT tyres kill the competitors in Km’s, quietness and excellent wearing. Would highly recommend simply don’t bother about anything else but Toyo AT. My driving is 50% Tar and 50% gravel in the Riverina these tyres are softer in the walls than the competitors and l have never had a puncture yet.

Blacktown

• 7 answers

Car: Mitsubishi Triton MQ

Awesome tyres

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

After long research decided to give these a ago as factory ones fail after 22000kms. A few independent tires shop also recommended these.
So far loving these tires. Nice aggressive tread pattern and strong side walls. Maybe a little nosier than factory HT but not much. Handling wise great on both wet and dry on bitumen. Ride quality is also great not harsh. Fuel economy went up a little as expected. Can't comment on durability as yet still early days.

Definitely recommend Toyo OC AT2 if you are looking for ATs to upgrade.

Purchased at: Tyresales.com.au

Beerwah

Verified Purchase Car: Nw pajero

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

This is great on wet weather long lasting very comfortable tyer for driving on great on dry and off road very affordable to some of the other big companies little noise and easy to driven in I would recommend to anyone looking to buy these there they are great.

Car: Prado 2011

Tread

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Quiet and strong sides. Tyres have heaps of tread as new still at 6 months old. Happy with the purchase and will use Tyre sales for my 2 nd car as well. Read heaps before purchase which has not disappointed. I think the tyres will be good for 80-100k no probs

October 9th 2018 Update: Great value

Tyres in wet and dry conditions performed well. Tyres are very quiet and very deep tread. The car performs better (more stability due to sidewall ply) and drives well the tyres look durable and are just that, did some serious 4wd tracks last week and they did not disappoint , Gabba sabbath dooo

Private message

Car: 150 Series Toyota Prado.

Great tyres!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Bought OPAT 1 for 150 Series Prado at recommendation of Tyre Power dealer, as a mid range price but quality tyre. Used for highway commuting but would have done well above average off road on gibber, sand, limestone tracks and thousands of km’s of gravel roads and station tracks. Rotated (4 wheel) every 10-20,000km and always adjusted pressure to conditions. From memory had 2 punctures which were plugged, both from tek screws??? Had one alignment but only very minor adjustment. Ended up taking them off at 119,000 km, still legal tread but in middle of winter, so chickened out on going for 120,000km. Replaced with OPAT 2’s. Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased at: Tyrepower

Car: Toyota

Forced to buy these but turned out good buy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

We were Forced to buy these but turned out good buy as our driveway is a mud drive up a hill our daugthers car needed them because the standard Toyota ones slid and stuck in the mud. These were all the tyre place had but got them for a good price and have really worked out well and handle well

• 7 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 179 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Car: Landrover Discovery 3 V8

So quiet on the road and excellent off road

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Very impressed with the already smooth ride of my Landrover Discovery 3, now because of these Toyo Opat A/T's my ride is even smoother. It was a bonus that after doing research on this site, it was the reason i bought them and they, in comparison to the more expensive tyres on the market are extremely well priced!

Perth

• 1 question

Car: Nissan Navara

Unbalanceable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Paid big dollars for 5 new tyres and 3 different tyre dealers including Ironcat in Kewdale couldn't balance them after 3 attempts.
The boss at Ironcat assertively reassured me they were balanced yet every time i used the highway the shaking would and still does occur.
At dead on 100km/h they cause vibration and lack of traction. Dangerous.
Ripped off !

Canberra

• 4 helpful votes

Car: 2016 Colorado 7

Agressive All Terrains - Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

I was after some tyres that were one size bigger than standard on my Colorado 7. I also wanted deep chunky tread without going for a Mud Tyre. These ticked all of the boxes. They provide very good grip when off road and i can't fault the on road performance. There is a very small amount of road noise at high speed on hotmix tar, but thats about it.

Purchased at: Tyresales.com.au

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Car: Troopy 78-series

Excellent long distance tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

I love these tyres. I put them on my 78-series Troopy (skinny spilt-rims) just before heading off from Melbourne on a six month trip. My family and I have been up through the Territory, across the top of WA, down the coast, and are just about home after crossing the Nullabor. We're yet to have a problem with these tyres and haven't been stuck once. We've been on hard, rocky, dirt tracks, crossed creeks and rivers up in Kakadu, and been in pretty heavy beach sand in WA (20 psi), and as mentioned, the tyres have been excellent. They don't look like they've worn much over 20,000 kms. I'm thinking of buying the MT version for muddy Vic. tracks next year.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Delungra

• 1 answer
Private message

Car: vw tiguan /skoda octavia vsr

the perfect tire

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

I am 53 years of age I have used a lot of tires I do a lot of traveling I have been running porelli's on the car I have today I have gotten 85000 ks out of one set of tyres rotation at every ten thousand ks wheel alignment and rotation at every 10.000 km perfect in the wet perfect in the dry and I am a hard driver and fast driver excellent I recommend it highly

Adelaide

Car: Toyota 200 series Cruiser

Best Tyre So Far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Very quiet and good wearing great for beach driving bag out well also great for rocky situations don't clear to bad in light mud and have balanced up well at every service so far done 40000ks and nearly half way through the tread not bad for a 3.5 ton vehicle....

• 5 helpful votes

Car: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 ltr Diesel

These are a great mid range priced tyre.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

I fitted a set of these types recently and I was a little sceptical when i saw them on the 4WD as I thought that they may have been noisy due to their block design. I was absolute wrong in my fears. They are a great tyre, they are quieter at speed on the highway than my previous Goodyears, I feel that they are better in the wet, and are better stopping on a wet or dry road. cant comment on their off- road performance, as I use my 4WD for towing My 3.1 tonne Caravan

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Car: Prado 120 series petrol

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Toyota prado 120 series. 265/65 R17 tyres.
Currently toyo Open Country A/T II.
Very happy with them at this point.
Initially had the stock dunlops, which are widely known to squeal when the age. Swapped to Pirelli scorpians which performed really well in sand, road and dirt track work. Net Swapped to Cooper AT3 for a trip out to the simpson, lots of sandwork etc. Initially I was impressed with them offroad, however, when they got 30000km on them they became extremely dangerous on wet roads, shocking issues with understear going into corners particularly . Took them off and went to the toyos.
So far they have been great, really good on road in wet and dry, off road performance has been good. Better on gravel/mud/dirt than the coopers, possibly marginally worse in deep dry sand.
I liked the pirellis, for my take, better onroad performance than the toyos, although the toyos appear to be the better offroad.

November 15th 2017 Update: Open country tyres are great.

I put toyo open country at2 tyres on my Prado after being disappointed with the performance of Cooper at3s. The toyos had far better wet weather on road performance and generally better on road performance. Not prone to the horrible understeer problems of the coopers. We took a trip to the cape this year, ott, Frenchman's, Roma flats etc, the tyres performed really well. Thoroughly recommend.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer

Car: 2014 Toyota Landcruiser single cab

UNSAFE UNRELIABLE

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

I was a dedicated Toyo customer. Purchased first set in 1987 for trip through Aust. and up the cape. Never let me down. Another set, fantastic. 3rd set ,2 tyres blew with heaps of thread left. Went over to Kumho kl78 which had not let me down.
Dec 2015 tyre dealer talked me into going back to Toyo Open Country A/T11. 5 1/2 weeks ago one tyre developed a slow leak, which I inflated till I got it back to the dealer. To our amazement the inside of the tyre out of view has completely let go approx 2'' from around the rim.
Toyo have apparently inspected this tyre and have put it down to running on low pressure which is incorrect as they have been mostly on bitumen and a touch of dirt.The tyre in question has done approx 36593 km with plenty of thread still left.
To make matters worst another tyre has just developed another slow leak, but at this stage the inside of the tyre looks fine, which is a bit unnerving considering how the other one went.
As the tyre is supposed to be A/T I believe the tyre dealer asked the toyo rep as to how people get on that do beach driving where you have to let the pressures down. Apparently he got a vague response.
The tyre dealer and self are still waiting for a concrete answer from toyo and the tyre is now been shown to potential toyo customers.

Private message

Car: 2008 Toyota Prado and 2016 Ford Ranger 4x4 Dualcab.

OK Tyre

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

Bought my first set 265/65/17 AT2 in February 2016 for a 08 Prado as replacement for worn BFG KO.Felt OK on road and offroad, seemed lighter on turns. Did over 20000 kms doing a lap of OZ towing a 2.1 tonne van,bitumen and dirt and some tracks.handled it OK. Tyres made a funny whine at about 100kph little like a diff whine.
Sold Prado in Nov 16 and didnt have them on long enough to notice abnormal wear.
Bought a new Ranger 4x4 D/Cab fitted them again same size, same noise.I can hear it thru the cab but only in the background .BUT where can you buy a 120 load load rating made in Japan for $240 fitted in OZ.
Good tyre for the price

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Kangarilla, South Australia

• 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Car: Isuzu D-Max

Great replacement for stock tyres

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Needed to replace my worn-out Bridgestone HT tyres (original fit) to my Isuzu D-Max. (They weren't too bad.) I looked for Light Truck tyres as I am now towing a 20ft caravan and wanted tyres with thicker side walls to take increased weight as well as being able to go 4WD'ing when off hitched. I can't be more pleased. A great tyre for towing and 4WD'ing. They have an aggressive tyre pattern but aren't noisy. They're also brilliant for road grip in the wet. Would definitely buy again next time.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Car: Toyota prado

Great all rounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

I purchased toyo open country just on 12 months ago, they are wearing so well that my mrs changed her coopers (which she was very happy with) to the toyo open country
Great value for money good on the road, on the gravel
Great all rounder
I will definitely purchase again

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Qld

Car: Hilux

Dangerous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

No traction in wet. Compound has gone hard and they are useless. Message toyo and all they could say is all A/T tyres are like that, I have driven on so many different tyres on 4x4 and these are the worst. Coopers out perform easy. Customer care was a joke. Bought 2 years ago and they are so crazed and cracked people ask why I put old tyres on a new car. Don't waste your money.

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Car: Nissan Patrol GQ

Better Fuel economy, amazing grip, great wear.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

I'd give 5x stars but the Toyo OCATII's have a little too much road noise for an All terrain tyre - think halfway between an AT and a Mud tyre.
However they make up for it with rediculously good grip - I was teaching my "L" plater son about the consequences of hitting corners too hard and what would happen if you hit gravel half way around a corner when going too fast ...... the Toyo's made me look stupid.
Found a deserted bitumen road with a dirt side road and drove the Patrol into the 90deg corner at 30kph expecting it to lose grip and understeer. - yeah right !............ Not even close to a slide.
Upped the speed to 40km/h, then 50km/h, then 60km/h (white knuckles) before there was any loss of traction - gotta say I was gobsmacked ! Wasn't game to go any faster without spare undies.
Fuel economy has increased from 360km/tank (Bridgestone's) to 410km/tank LPG with the Toyo's. If you select "angel gear" at 100km/h (like I do on a freeway off ramp) it will roll 600m before dropping under 50km/h.
After 15,000km tyre wear is barely detectable. Heaviest balance weight on 6x wheels is 35g
Love these Tyres