Worst Experience Ever with Babies R Us Online Purchase

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

We bought a cot & mattress online. The transaction were smooth and the delivery time was not too bad. However the mattress came in a broken and dusty plastic wrap. The corners of the actual mattress are dirty. This is a premium mattress of highest quality and is supposed to be slept on by a baby. The condition it’s in is unacceptable. We tried to contact babies r us and all they asked us to do is send an email to their support team which we did. But we have not received a reply whatsoever other than an automated reply telling us they won’t be replying anytime soon due to large volume of emails they need to address. We are very disappointed with the products and the after care service we received from babies r us.

SA

• 3 helpful votes

Nice and fast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Very Fast delivery! The capsule was better in person than expected

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Thank you for the 5 Star rating.

Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Prompt delivery, earlier than expected. Item was exactly as described. The instructions were clear and the furniture went together easily. Very pleased withe the colourful finished product.

Comments
Toys R Us Official

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Can’t be bothered looking for missing parcels

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Parcel goes missing and all they will tell you is to wait and wait and wait not good enough don’t want to be bothered trying to track it

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback to resolve the matter please send your inquiry with order details for further assistance to support@toysrus.com.au

I have mate and with no answer

Good product, kids have had great fun with the products.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Delayed delivery but products delivered as expected, intact and well received - hatchimals smaller than thought, and received 2x same sort, as doesn’t specify in product description, but receiver was still pleased with it.

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Thank you for your feedback Kisten.

Great responsive service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Had what i wanted. Delivered same day. So impressed when a company gets customer service. Well done! I will be back because i love shopping when its easy!!

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Thank you for the 5 star Rating.

Melbourne

Wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Toys r us are wonderful with there delivery service, it only ever takes a couple of days. I ordered on a Thursday and the next day Australia post were having off due to the Xmas rush and they organised a different courier service to deliver, I received my order on the Tuesday and Monday was a public holiday so I was pretty happy as the Wednesday was my daughters first birthday. Also when I have a problem I message them through messenger and they always respond very quick.

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Excellent =)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Babies R us has a huge variety of Amazing products, great prices & even better specials and very quick postage!

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Was kept in the loop about delivery days etc. Was a little bit shocked with the size of the product but will definitely use delivery again and it was reasonably priced. Thank you

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Better than I expected.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Delivery was fast. Best price on sale. My baby loves this playmat. The soft music and moving toys totally mesmerise him. He smiles as soon as u turn it on.

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Happy to hear. Thank you for the review.

False advertising to suck people in!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

Need to work on their advertising as I won't ever be shopping with ToysRUs or BabiesRUs again, will go to Baby Bunting!

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Hi Donna, we're sorry to hear this. If we can assist you in any way, please contact our customer service team directly.

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Love buying from toys r us such a great shop and quick derlivery and im happy it has afterpay thats means i can buy more

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Great response and delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Love the efficiency of the dispatch and delivery got here a week before the estimated delivery said it was going to arrive.

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Review on carseat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

The order was straight forward and delivery was quick thank you so much as i needed it due to having baby this weekend

Poor customer services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

We spotted a deal online last weekend - buy 2 get 3rd free and 20% off on mustela range, and I was able to apply BOTH PROMO online.

So we went to one of the store and saw both deals on mustela shelf. So we brought the products for payment. As expected, the cashier only apply 20% off the the products but not buy 2 get 3rd free. When we told the cashier that there should be 2 promotions, she went to the shelf and have a look. When she came back, she said there was only 1 deal available which is buy 2 get 3rd free (but she just processed the items with 20% off).

Anyway, one of the senior staff came and said she will have to check with head office on Monday and get back to us. We left our phone number with her. We DIDN'T hear anything from her at all until Friday, we decided to call her. The answer I get was "I haven't check it, please call back in the afternoon."

I shop with you just because I got gift cards from friend. Don't expect to see me again once I use up the gift cards.

Verified Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Thanks for a delivery in a timely manner - my little
boy was thrilled. Ordering online was easy and very quick.

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Great to hear Jess, enjoy!

Utterly terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

The products were ordered on the 8th December and did not arrive prior to Christmas despite being promised they would be delivered on the Friday beforehand. I then cancelled the order by email and this was ignored and was told the items were delivered on the 4th January - which they weren't. I then called customer service to be told everyone was busy so leave a message.

Utterly unbelievable and no surprises Toys R Us is about to go bankrupt!

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Thank you for providing your feedback James, we are very sorry to hear about your online experienced.
Please contact a member of our team either via email or phone so we can assist and rectify the situation.

I have but you have still not responded, hence me going public as thought it may kick start you guys into action

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Considering I ordered something after the new year break postage was so prompt very happy with the service highly recommend

Verified Customer

Great shop

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

My product came broken have brought one before also came broken I now have to take it back very disappointed

Quick delivery time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Thanks Toys r us. Delivery was quick, especially after Christmas. My order had to come from two separate shops and they both were delivered on the same day.

Comments
Toys R Us Official

Thanks for the review!

1 of 119 pages

I have a layby that is for 6 months. I want to delete 2 items from my layby without cancelling. Is this possible ?

Bec Clarke asked on Jun 28, 2017

Answer this

I don't believe so. You would need to pay it off n when they finalize it they will arrange a refund. Otherwise they will cancel the whole lot keep the admin fee and start again.

Hi Bec,

Please be advised we are unable to remove items from layby's, we suggest paying off the whole amount and the store will process a refund for the change of mind items.

Why won't customer service return messages? Why won't you refund ? Excuse after excuse?

Maree asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

Hi Maree, we are sorry to hear this. Customer Service will try their best to assist each customer as best as possible, however due to the busy season there might be some delays.

I have spent 2 days trying to get in contact with someone from Customer Service head office in regards to online order. Tried purchasing 2 of an item and online was having issues. I have left messages to get call back, sent pm to toys r us on Facebook, called Penrith store (phone just rang out) and Castle Hill store who couldn't help redirected me to call head office again. I'm currently on hold and have been for last half hour. Where is the customer service? This item purchase is important as it's a clearance item and my daughter's favourite toy. Please contact me.

Kat TY asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

Hi Kat, we are sorry to hear this. Due to the busy season the Customer Service Team is currently experiencing a delay, as advised on the phone message and automated email messages. They will try to get back to you as soon as possible and we apologies for any inconvenience caused.

See all 9 questions about Toys R Us / Babies R Us