Buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

After sales service is pathetic. Do not have replacement part as required by consumer. Customer Service Manager avoided all phone calls for assistance with replacing damaged part. Matter is now being handled by Office of Consumer Affairs. Fist and last time I deal with this company.

Verified Customer

Terrible company! stay away!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

I bought a cheap 3.83m x 2.69m x 2.17m garden shed. I am very unhappy with it. It is way too weak. The sheet is probably 0.1 mm thick only and the structure is not designed properly. I am worried about a big wind will tear the shed apart. You'd better go look for a better shed.

Terrible company! No return once the original packaging was opened due to their dodgy return policy.

• 17 helpful votes
Private message

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!! Zero stars, worst company I have ever dealt with.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Greenhouses advertised significantly larger than it was when it arrived. Extremely weak construction, will have to be rebuilt and engineered to work at all. they didn't want to know or help. Now having to contact consumer affairs and commence legal action - don't go near this company!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Not Happy!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

I bought a Trade Tested inverter generator which lasted ONE month before we started having problems with it, after two months the generator stopped working & Trade Tested did not want to do anything about it!!!
I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from Trade Tested EVER again!!! You have lost my business!!!!
Oh yes, they are quick to take your money & send their products to you, but BEWARE if you have any problems, you will be left high & dry!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Trade Tested Official

Hi, Sorry to see your message. I can't find any details regarding your order. Can you please call us on 0800 800 880 or email us [email protected] so we can resolve this for you?

You didn't want to help when we had no power & no generator, sorry but it's too little too late!!!!

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

You can trust!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I ordered scaffolding and outrigger from Trade Tested and received the order on the 4th day on time. There was one part missing without which the scaffolding could not be used. Contacted Trade Tested and they promptly sent it on the 2nd day. No delay in job and Trade Tested can be trusted. I will recommend them to friends.

great service, awesome products

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

The service i received went above what i expected and any questions i had were answered promptly with knowledge and a sense of pride for there job/work which i find very rare these days, the staff are friendly and efficient and my 3.5kVA Digital Inverter Generator with Remote & LCD is exactly what i needed,defiantly will shop and recommend Trade Tested any day.

Verified Customer

Fantastic service, great product, happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

The process was so very quick and easy from ordering to receiving my husbands work shop shed. Great company to deal with and I am so happy we found this company online. Excellent and very competitive prices. Thank you.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Wish I bought a better shed

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Last year I bought a shed from a different supplier and built it at my own place. This year my mother bought a shed from Trade Tested and I built it at her place. Being an older lady with limited budget, she decided on getting the cheapest shed she could buy. The process of buying it was simple and it is affordable if budget does limit you. I decided to save on postage and picked it up from the warehouse in the next suburb over from her. Upon picking it up which was easy and straight forward, I could tell the quality was very noticeably differe nt to what I have experienced with other sheds. It all comes in one narrow box that weighed 80kg. The box is supplied with all the panels being the same widths but different lengths. 415mm wide panels. Also supplied are the fixing hardware such as screws, rivets, a 4.2mm drill bit for the rivets, hex bit for the screws, hinges, etc, and a rivet gun. I was not expecting screw attachments, drill bit, and a rivet gun. The instructions are woeful particularly when getting to assembling the front wall, doors, and attaching the roof. The instructions are very poorly translated from Chinese.
Once I was unpacking the box, I realised that the panels and framing channels are so flimsy, weak, and I don't even consider it to be one coat of paint in her chosen colour of cream. It looked more like overspray. Scratches very easily. Once using the supplied rivet gun was obviously not effective, I ended up using my own gun after the first 3 rivets were a painful task of trying to get the rivet pins out of the supplied gun. After the long and tedious task of building all the walls and ready to assemble, I learnt that there are no bracing or framing along the top to bottom edges of the corners where the walls meet. There is one little corner plate that connects each corner top and bottom. The chosen skillion roof sits on top and screws into the flimsy channels that run along the top of the wall panels. There are no guide holes in the roof panels to let you know where to screw into the frame. The door latch that goes on the inside of her chosen hinge doors was just useless and I had to go to hardware store to buy a latch that actually did the job. I also had to buy concrete anchor bolts to fix the shed to the slab. Only a couple of little hook clips were supplied to attach to a timber base, but you'd still need more to securely hold it down.
In comparison to other sheds I have built, I will list the pros and cons of a TradeTested shed.

Pros:
It is cheaper than the rest.
Warehouse is close to my home so I save on delivery.
Screw attachment, drill bit, and rivet gun supplied.

Cons:
The price reflects the quality.
Sheet metal and framing are very flimsy, thin, weak.
Sheets are narrow.
All in one box is far too heavy.
Paint is horrible quality.
No bolt down kit.
Many parts were not pre drilled.
Hex screw heads protrude making it hard to attach lengths of flashing.
Inner door latch is not useable.
Integrity of the whole shed is doubtful over time.
No suitable rigid bracing for joining panels and walls.
Very poorly translated instruction book is hard to comprehend.

I've never built a budget shed before but the saying is true "you get what you pay for". If she could afford the extra $300 for a shed of the same size and style but for a much better quality, then that is the only way to go.

Instructions are practically illegable.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Instruction booklet so faint we had to take photos of instructions on our iphone and expand to see.
We are both in the framing industry and are quite savvy when it comes to building.
If you do not value your time then ok
Would have been less stressful and more cost effective to build it from scratch.

Great shed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

Exactly what I expected. Easy to assemble. Quick service. Quick delivery. Great looking shed. Just wish I'd ordered a sliding door one!

A GOOD GARDEN SHED

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

Very happy with our garden storage shed. Instruction sheet was a very feint copy but once we worked out how it went together it was easy. Very sturdy and a very good price. Thanks

really great generator

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

really great generator, with all the problems we are getting with the power company power out, everyone should have a backup like this.

Great Shed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

Awesome Shed. Very solid. Direction a bit confusing at times but once past that very easy to assemble. Awesome addition to my pool area.

They are really fantastic and are very good for garden decoration.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

My garden looks great and really beautiful when it is dark which I put along the side of the pathway & the plants. Good products and good service. I definitely will buy some more for other places in my garden. I ordered the garden shed and the concrete mixer already, just waiting for the stock to come. Reliable company!

Very Reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

Great range of products, have shopped before and will definitely be shopping again.
Awesome job Trade Tested, keep up the good work..

This is absolutely fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Great product and service. Highly recommend. Overall very happy with my shed. It was quick and easy to get. Very clear instructions to follow. Shed looks great.

Easy Mowing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Have used this mower four times now. Our lawn is relatively small and even. Mowing time about thirteen minutes. The mower cuts efficiently and right up close to the edges, leaving a very tidy appearance.

Just what we needed!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

Shed was reasonably simple to put together, I put it together by myself in our garage, out of the weather so I didn't need to panic to get it done. Once constructed myself and two mates carried it round to the floor I had constructed and screwed it to the floor. Job done, will get another one soon.

Most fun ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Fantastic communication and say an easy purchase. They go above and beyond to make buying excellent Such a fun family activity thank you trade tested!!

1 of 17 pages