Filter By:

My travel Reassurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

Three times ...fortunately I didn’t that ero make a claim burn it was very reassuring to know that I had TID ! ...thank you for welcoming me home ...and the check,list before my trip ..

Applying for Insurance was easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Only once. The process of applying for insurance cover for my trip was very simple and stress free & knowing that I was covered. As far as claims are concerned I have not had to claim as yet.

Great trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

We have used TID twice now and would not hesitate in recommending or using the company again, great company and highly recommend

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Franny,
Thanks for your loyalty and for recommending us! Hope you have fun planning that next holiday, we look forward to hearing from you then.

Great Response by TID

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Once again TID came to the rescue and solved a problem - I have a conflicting date with my trip (university graduation) and had to cancel the insurance. TID reviewed the evidence and promptly refunded my cover payment. This is why I always choose TID as my travel insurer.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Michelle,
We try to take all the stress out of travelling so it's wonderful to hear feedback like that. Glad to hear how happy you have been with our service and thanks for the review.

TID Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Nil, not applicable. Don't know if TID would be responsive as I've never had the need to claim though I suspect they might be like most insurance providers, who make it difficult and are reluctant to pay any claims.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear you've not had the need to claim. Just know should you ever hit a bump in road during your travels that our Claims and 24/7 Emergency Assistance t... read more »

Love TID!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I have used Tid about 13 times and have never had a problem. I recommend them to anyone who is planning to travel.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the kind words and we really appreciate your loyalty over the years!
Hope you have fun planning that 14th adventure, we look forward to hearing from you then.

Different quotes offered

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

2nd time using TID and was surprised when I was offered different levels of discount when I sought quotes - one with a link online and then later (after purchasing) a cheaper rate was offered via email. Disappointed and will probably look elsewhere next time.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi David, Thanks for that frank feedback. I can appreciate how frustrating that must've been for you. I would be happy to look into it and refund you the difference if need be. Kindly provide me ... read more »

Easy travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I have used this provider three times now. Insurance has always been very easy to arrange and is good value

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Bru,
It's great to hear you have been happy with both the value for money and ease of set up with TID. Hope to hear from you when you are ready for that next adventure.

Easy to use platform

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Used numerous times. Comfortable with communication and pricing.
Never claimed so can’t comment.

Words making up twenty plus word minimum

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Tony,
Thanks for taking the time to share that feedback with us. Glad to hear you found us easy to use.

Too easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Easy, clear and quick to understand what's covered and for how much.
Plain language, simple steps and clear pricing that anticipated the questions I might have had.
First time I'd used TID, but would definitely choose them again.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Aido,
Thanks for the kind words! We try to make the whole process as easy as possible to it's wonderful to hear feedback like that.

Insurance for travel to Hawaii

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Only used this company once and as we had no claims it's hard to judge. However you were recommended by someone else who had changed to you even though they could get insurance through their workplace.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Robyn,
Hope you had a great time in Hawaii.
Thanks for the review and we look forward to hearing from you when you are ready for your next holiday.

Insurance claim made

Very unhappy customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

We have used TID 3 times previously but never had a claim, so no complaints until now. On our 4th time, had to cancel our holiday beforehand, due to unexpected bad health, eg. Major heart surgery. Claim was submitted at the end of August and still unresolved.
We submitted our claim once all the required paper work was done & also received the same automated replies, then 10 days later, we received an email requesting further info / docs & submitted, to receive the same automated reply and this has been the pattern ever since. My emails are not answered & have called a few times and requested that my case officer call me, but still no contact.
Contact has now been made with a different person who has promised to look into it,again.
It would seem like TID is trying to get out of paying, looking for pre-existing conditions but who books a holiday for a family wedding and then decides to rather have open heart surgery to get back a portion of your expenses and the wedding had to be cancelled!!!
Further to the above, the medical condition was picked up by chance and if it had not & we had proceeded on our holiday, there's a 99%chance that my husband would have died overseas which would have cost TID far more!!

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Debbie, I'm sorry to hear about your husband, I hope he is now on the mend. Apologies for the poor experience you've had with TID so far, I can only imagine it has made an already difficult t... read more »

Hi Ash. Thankyou, that will be greatly appreciated. Yes, it has been a very difficult time for us as we came very close to losing our husband / father and we're just so incredibly fortunate that is... read more »

Reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Multiple times as it continues to be easy to use, competitive and when I have claimed has been hassle free.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Finicky,
Thanks for taking the time to share that feedback with us. We look forward to hearing from you when you are ready for that next adventure.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

TID’s Intransigence

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I have used TID twice in the past 2 years. This time I needed to change the dates and wasn’t able/allowed to as I had a pre-existing medical condition. This is stated in the PDS. The thing that really annoyed me was the intransigence and lack of flexibility shown given the changes in dates actually REDUCED the number of days of cover, thus reducing TID’s potential liability. To make it worse, by the time I wanted to make the changes, TID had issued a new PDS. In that PDS, if your pre-existing medical condition was not listed you CANNOT get cover with TID. Of course, you can apply for cover with a sister company at an exorbitant rate which I didn’t- I went with another company. I am very unhappy with TID’s rigidity- it was totally unnecessary. I’ll not be using TID or a related company for my future travel insurance needs.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Kim,
I'm sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with TID.
We are always looking at ways of improving our product offering and insightful feedback like that helps.
www.tid.com.au

Your patronising comment is NOT helpful. In fact it is an infuriating comment insincerely offered.

Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Kim, my apologies that was certainly not my intention. We genuinely do take customer feedback (both positive and negative) on board when reviewing our processes and products. I apologise again for any offence caused. Regards, Ash

Great Rate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I've used TID approximately 6+ times. Email from TID with pre travel advice and a holiday list was great. I never had to make a claim.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Voula,
Thanks for the kind words!. Glad to hear you've been so pleased with our service over the years. Hope you have fun planning that next adventure, we look forward to hearing from you then.

Small Price For Peace Of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

i Have found TID very competitive regarding its price for what it offers.Thankfully, i have have never had to make a claim however the fact that TID covers your hire car for upto $4000 excess makes it worthwhile alone. Purchasing hire car insurance from the hire company is more expensive that TID and TID covers you for many other things such as flights and accidental damage to your own property

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

HI Austom, Thanks for sharing your experience with TID. I'm pleased to hear you have been taking advantage of the car rental excess that come with the policy! Don't let car rental companies charg... read more »

So quick and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I have used TID 7 times in the last 12 years and haven't had any issues with them. That said however, I have never had to be in a position to make a claim.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Terry,
Thanks for your loyalty over the years! Glad to hear you've been happy with our service. Hope you have fun planning that next holiday, we look forward to hearing from you then.

No Dramas!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I have used TID several times when travelling overseas and it is so easy to arrange. I have not yet had to make a claim but I expect it to be as streamlined as TID's other processes.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Claire,
We try to make the whole process as easy as possible so its great to hear feedback like that. Thanks for taking the time to share that feedback with us.

Gormandale, Victoria, Australia

Private message

Great rate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

This was the first time. Great rate and all was good on trip so had no need to make a claim.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Darren,
Thanks for the review. Great to hear you have been happy with our value for money.
www.tid.com.au

Easy to use online travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Very competitive rates, efficient and easy online application system Pre travel advice by email is very informative , (this is a very good service) but because we have never made a claim although we have used TID 8 plus ?? times, we therefore cannot comment on claims. This is the reason for only giving a "good " rating .

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Ian, Thanks for taking the time to rate your experience with TID. Glad to hear you liked the pre trip reminder emails, we think they're a nice touch too! We hope you have fun planning that ne... read more »

1 of 122 pages