Filter By:

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

This is the second time we took out insurance with TID for our son who was skiing in Japan. This time we needed it! They were very helpful and processed his claim overnight so he could collect a knee brace and start physio straight away! We are very happy with their service.

Such great service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Dealing with the TID team could not have been easier , their Customer Service skills are above and beyond anything else I have experienced lately. They are not only polite but they are extremely helpful , informative and their response time was great. I didn’t have any hassles what so ever whilst completing my claim and received it within the time they said it would take, no delays what so ever (this was also over the busy Christmas/ New Year period ). I will definitely be using TID again and will recommend them to everyone ☺️

• 1 helpful vote

Absolute nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

The claim process has been stressful, unreasonable and without compassion. Customer service has been sub standard, request for further information by TID have been confusing and the case manager has not returned my calls. I had to cancel a trip due to a cancer diagnosis of one parent, (after trip and insurance were purchased) and significant unforeseeable illness of another. After providing multiple documents of hospital admissions and discharges for both parents, including letters from surgeons, GPs and hospital physicians, TID are still requesting more information. In addition to the medical information, they require airlines to provide letters and evidence that flights weren't refunded, when the terms and conditions of sale fares are clear. After many years of travel and never claiming insurance, it's been a very disappointing process.
Beware this process is designed to make you give up!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi LouAnne, Sorry to hear about the stress the process has caused you. From time to time we do need to request additional documentation when assessing a claim, having said that I would be happy to ... read more »

Perth

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Denied Medical had to pay all myself

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Now we all know that working in the insurance business you have to be a very special kind of person! So anyway I took out the works travel insurance with them, the best they have. I have used them many times as I’ve travelled a lot and never claimed once. Now after being assualted by a group of thai taxi drivers because I would not pay the agreed amount I was king hit from the side and had my lip cut and teeth smashed. So after going to the hospital after it happened they didn’t let me claim insurance because they kept giving me the run around saying I need to leave the hospital and get a police report, an accident report and witness statements. So I left the hospital with my lip gushing with blood and teeth smashed because my insurance said I need this other documents before I’m covered. So the next day I do all that’s asked and head back to the hospital late the next day. The hospital they deal with is Bangkok hospital in Pattaya and it’s no doubt they have a scam going on with customers. The next day I was still denied medical treatment because I haven’t got a medical report! (That’s correct a medical report). I couldn’t get medical help from the medical staff because I hadn’t got a medical report about my injuries. (You are reading correctly). I had no choice to pay for everything myself. I went to another hospital! That’s not all either but I just can’t be bothered writing anymore. I have used other insurance companies before but never before as a company calling themselves “travel insurance direct” I thought they’d be the best. Because they are definitely not the cheapest. Bottom line is they don’t want to help and make it impossible to claim! I hate this company so much!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Brendan, I'm sorry to learn of your traumatic experience. I'm also sorry to hear how unhappy you have been with our service. I have flagged your feedback with Management in the Claims department... read more »

Cairns

• 4 helpful votes

Happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

We have used TID for two trips - Indonesia & Japan. Both have been reasonably priced and worry free. They answered any questions I had in simple terms. The process has always been easy and I've felt "protected" for my trip. I haven't had to make a claim (touch-wood) however after reading other reviews, feel confident!

Worry-free travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

This was my second policy with TID however the first time I have had to claim. We were stuck in Bali with the Volcanic Ash Cloud and contacted TID for specifics regarding our travel insurance cover. We had the highest cover available and they provided clear and simple information regarding what we would be covered for. They also processed my claim quickly and were clear about what documentation was required for my claim to be paid. They also paid our claim at the exchange rate at the time of the purchase as it was higher than the current exchange rate.
It was nice that I didn't have to worry about the financial side of things and we could focus on getting home. I cannot recommend this company enough and will definitely use them again in future.

Insurance claim made

Wonderful support. Great to work with when you need to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2017

I have used TID for two big trips. The second trip had many flight and theft issues. TID were great to work with. They were clear, supportive, and fair with the claim payments.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Very upset customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Our family has used TID for many years now and today I attempted to make a claim - I had to extend my stay in Kenya for 1 day which cost US$625 in various cancellation and change fees. The reason for this was that I was visiting my elderly parents who live with my sister in Kenya (mother is Australian and so is my sister) while my sister was travelling overseas. Unfortunately both parents had to be hospitalised and my return to Australia delayed by one day until my sister returned. TID said only claims regarding close relatives who were resident in Australia or New Zealand could be made. The whole reason for the trip was to visit non-resident parents! This seems a peculiar and unfair reason to not honour a claim.
In future I will use the travel agent's insurance company and I will certainly alert the travel agency so that they can inform their clients.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Annie , Sorry to hear you have been unhappy with our service and the claims process. I would be happy to look into your claim and if need be have it reviewed. Please provide me your claim number... read more »

OK I will contact you on email.
Annie

Insurance claim made

Excellent company to deal with and so easy to take insurance on line. Great value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Only use TID - got stuck in ash cloud in Bali in 2015 - their support was fantastic. Claiming was so easy and payment very quick and efficient. Never leave home without TID cover - thank you.
Easy to do policy insurance online and great value!

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Having taken out travel insurance many times over the years without having to use it, I was unsure what to expect when having to make a claim. On a recent trip overseas, our bags were delayed by 24 hours. I called up TID and spoke to a wonderful staff member. It was comforting to hear an Australian accent on the line and she couldn't be more helpful. We were advised of how much we could spend to get us through the next day and off we went in the morning to do some shopping. It was a nice feeling to restock the wardrobe without having to worry about eating into the holiday budget. Upon returning home I got into the claim process. Yes, this was a little clunky I must admit, with a whole lot of supporting documentation required as well as the receipts of course. If you stay organised and keep everything, it's not so bad really. The money was paid in full very quickly. Happy with my first claim experience and have just taken out insurance with TID for my next trip. Fingers crossed I won't need to use their excellent service this time round!

Insurance claim made

TID = Travel Insurance Delayed & Disgusting!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Worst insurance company ever!!! After waiting 2 months for a response from a stolen phone, they finally agreed to replace it - then after waiting for so long I advised them that I had to buy a new phone and could they simply provide a cash settlement instead of a new phone (as it had been so long) and they refused and wouldn't even discuss my situation - just talked over the top of me and refused to understand. The manager ([name removed]) provided no customer service and only apologised for their disgusting service after I asked. Now I have a phone unopened in a box and can't do anything with it! Thanks for nothing and a terrible customer experience - I'll be sure to recommend you to my friends.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Sam, Sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service. I would be happy to look into your claim and if need be have it reviewed. Please provide me your claim number if you would like for me to do ... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Never needed to claim ever...total dud when I did

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

I insured for loss or stolen property, but when I claimed for my losing a item was quoted " not leaving belonging behind" isn't that loss!! The cost in total to them $300 ...nothing! Good will and trust to claimant NIL! So disappointed after filling in, providing much detail and time on a pointless claim .....as you can not be covered for LEAVING BELONGINGS BEHIND ie losing something!

Great TID App

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

I love the TID app which included very handy travel tips and easy access to policy details. However you don't really know how good a policy you have until you need to make a claim!

Best travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Excellent travel insurance company, highly recommend to everyone.
Always take travel insurance never know what might happen.
Haven't had to make a claim but having the cover always made me feel safe.

Insurance claim made

Highly recommend this travel insurance company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

I have taken hundreds and hundreds of leisure and business travel trips over the past 10 years. I have never had to use travel insurance but last week I did after breaking my leg in Mexico. The service from TID was 5 stars. They provided me with immediate help at the hospital, great customer service with a dedicated agent and provided me with upgraded travel which was so urgently required to return home to Australia. Cannot recommend this company more. Thank you for helping me in a trying time.

Wollongong

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Terrific coverage, service and even a packing list!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I didn't have to make a claim but I felt very secure having this policy active while I travelled to Indonesia. I have read only good things about TID and I will use them again :)

Reservoir, Victoria, Australia

Good value travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Got a policy with TID for a trip to Nepal to do Everest BC. I always get travel insurance but this is the first time I've had to claim. Decided to got with TID because they had good reviews on here and were relatively inexpensive compared to other brand (good balance between price and inclusions). We had the top level of cover ("The Works" because we needed to be covered for altitude. It was $240. Never thought we would have to use it but boy am I glad we didn't cheap out on pov pack budget insurance when we did. I ended up pregnant with high risk complications prior to travelling. I actually ended up spending a night in hospital on what would have been our second night in Kathmandu if we had left Australia. Put in a claim. I did admittedly did have to jump through a few hoops, getting my dr to write a letter etc but I am sure this would be the same with any insurance claim. Got an email back and we're getting the full amount of our airfares and non-refundable tour deposit back less excess of $200. I'm pretty pleased with the whole process and would definitely recommend TID. I'll be using them for any overseas trips I do in the future.

TID serves me well I have used TID for many years now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I have used TID for many years now and they have served me well. The policies have always been easy to set up on line or, when extra help was needed, on the phone and quotes are cheaper. I have always found Customer Support very helpful and professional.

Repeat Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I didn't need to make a claim but i think my policy was of good value. Customer support was excellent when i phoned to make a few enquires, policy was very easy to set up.

Insurance claim made

Best help when things went south

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Got landed in hospital in an unfortunate accident. The emergency response line lady was amazing and very helpful with rearranging flights home and ensuring I was pain free prior to returning home for surgery.
Once home they reimbursed medical bills paid and prepaid accommodation that had to be cancelled. They even paid the ED hospital bill which was thousands of US dollars.

Always helpful and responsive. Great value for money.

Would definitely recommend