Filter By:

No hassle insuance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Highly recommended, easy to get, great service & value for money, I have used TID on 3 occasions now and have had to claim previously with great support from your company

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi M s,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with TID. Great to hear you were happy with the support and service provided when you needed to claim.
www.tid.com.au

Always reliable, always welcome us home , and always have great deals.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Every year I get other quotes and every year I come back to TID , always helpful and always friendly and on the ball.!

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Kay, It's wonderful to hear feedback like that! I'm delighted to hear how happy you have been with our service. Hope you have fun planning your next adventure, we look forward to hearing from ... read more »

Verified Customer

I didn’t need to use it so it’s difficult to rate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

We have used TID over a number of years and have been satisfied in the past -didn’t use the any of the insurances cover / make a claim most recently.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Louis,
Thanks for your loyalty over the years we certainly appreciate it. Also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with TID.

Great for adding kids up to 21

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Good value policy covering everything.
Excellent with being able to add kids for free up to 21 if not working.
Customer service people helpful and pleasant

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Fuzzy, Great to hear you were happy with the cover and value for money. We think its only fair that dependants under 21 travel for free under your policy! Thanks for taking the time to share yo... read more »

Obtaining travel insurance with TID was easy as!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Fortunately I have not needed to make a claim, however, I would like to say that to create my travel insurance cover was very easy. I was able to take out the required travel in about 5 minutes.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Jen, We try to make the whole process as quick and easy as possible so I'm delighted to hear your feedback! Hope you have fun planning that next adventure, look forward to hearing from you the... read more »

Easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Could not fault, easy to obtain insurance on-line. Although we had no need to make any claim. We have heard by word of mouth that this is also very easy and straight forward and comprehensive. We will be using TID again when we travel in the future. Would recommend

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Paul, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with TID. Whilst I'm glad to hear you had a smooth trip without the need to claim just know that should the need ever arise that our Cl... read more »

TID travel calmer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Always easy to purchase and excellent cover leading to a confident relaxed travel experience. Would recommend to my friends and will continue to use in the future.
Great product as always

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi OPort,
Great to hear that we've been able to provide you with that peace of mind during your travels. Thanks for the review and for recommending us!
www.tid.com.au

Overall good however be warned policy does not cover injuries during international flight/travel

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Overall Policy is good value and has good benefits/easy to set up.

Negative feedback re Customer Support - however during a previous international flight, I was injured during the turbulent flight. When I contacted TID Australia via telephone to discuss whether policy would cover my medical tests and treatments, I was advised that the policy did not cover this situation and I was referred to the wrong section of the policy twice! I was advised that the policy only applies while I am overseas. Ironic given the injury occured during a flight over international waters. I was told that I could NOT make a claim even when I asked for a claim form anyway.

Luckily for me and TID I have recovered, although it is unsatisfactory/unreasonable for a member of the public to not be covered for international travel regardless of whether it is on 'land' or during the 'flight'.
After obtaining independant advice, I considered challenging TID but my main concern was my health and ultimately recovering. TID management/underwriters - read this review and look into your policy regarding this type of situation. I hope you will post this fair and honest review.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Catrina, Thank you for your honest review. We are always taking on board feedback in order to improve our product and processes so feedback like this certainly helps. Whilst I'm glad to h... read more »

Great Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I have used TID on numerous occasions. Their prices are great and it is so easy to set up insurance policy online. Will definitely use them fir my next overseas trip.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Belinda, Thanks for your loyalty over the years, we appreciate it! It's wonderful to hear you were happy with both the ease of set up and value for money. We look forward to hearing from you... read more »

travel insurance made easy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Quick and easy to set up. Competitive rates
Was recommended to me and i would recommend it for you. Happy with the cover and the details were explained in easy terms.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Gordo,
Thanks for the review, glad to hear you found the process quick and easy! Hope you have fun planning that next adventure.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Excellent company so far.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

For a USA visit this constituted value for money. We had a claim which is yet to be finalised. The policy covered all area that we needed for our trip.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi William,
Hope you had a great time in the States and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with TID.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

The worst travel insurance experience I have ever had

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I travel a lot, and I've used TID many times on many trips in the past. I've made some minor claims with no problems.

Unfortunately, whilst travelling in Iceland in 2015, I fell on ice and severely injured my hip. I had to have major surgery and have been unable to return to my usual work.

TID promptly reimbursed me for the changes to my travel plans, but when it came to my claim for loss of income I was repeatedly asked for more information. I provided all the information that was requested, but this would be met with another request for even more detailed information. This frustrating process drew out for one year. Meanwhile, I was in pain, awaiting surgery, and in extreme financial stress because I still wasn't able to work.

It began to seem like the requests were a deliberate tactic of obfuscation so that this company would not have to pay out my claim for loss of income, as set out in my travel insurance policy.

Ultimately, I took my claim to the financial ombudsman and the loss of income claim was paid IMMEDIATELY! More than one year after my initial injury.

This experience was needlessly stressful, time-consuming and frustrating. I discourage my friends and family from using this travel insurer every chance I get.

If you have trouble with your TID claim I recommend taking your case to the financial ombudsman. I wish that I had done so sooner.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Tegan, Thank you for taking the time to share that in depth and frank feedback about your experience with TID. I'm sorry to hear it was a disappointing one. It's true that we ask for supp... read more »

TID has good systems in place - e.g. The TID emails just before and after the clients travel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Good value, was easy to set up over the internet , compares favourably with alternative sources of travel insurance.We have used TID for a number of overseas trips and are confident we get good cover

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Jim, We think the emails before and after your trip are a nice way to ensure everything goes smoothly and I'm glad to hear you appreciated them. Thanks for the review and we hope you have fun p... read more »

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Policy was good value with all the inclusions we required for our trip. It was very easy to setup. We are return clients and thankfully we have never needed to make a claim.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Lisa,
Great to hear you were happy with both the ease of set up and value for money. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with TID.

Great Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Very easy to read policy without all the legal jargon that no one understands. Have used you a number of times now and always more than satisfied. Will always use this company.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi rld, We try to make it all as easy to understand as possible so it's wonderful to hear feedback like that. Thanks for the review and we look forward to hearing from you when you are ready for ... read more »

Excellent value and costumer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Excellent value and costumer service. After setting up on line had to ring to confirm some details. No long waiting for someone to speak to and was reassured within minutes that all was fine.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi,
Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear we were able to provide you with that peace of mind for your trip.
www.tid.com.au

It’s good to feel safe if things happen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

It was easy to set up and pay. The online service was outlined in an easy to follow way and made the process simple. Fortunately I never had any problems and had no need to use it.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Sue, Glad to hear your trip went smoothly without the need to claim. Just know, should the need ever arise that our Claims and 24/7 Emergency Assistance teams will be on hand to help. Thanks f... read more »

Great value. Easy to buy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

Was recommended TID by a friend. Compared with my normal company, it was great value for money. It was easy to purchase & very clearly written making it easy to compare policies

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Christine,
Glad to hear your friend recommended us! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with TID.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Although I didn’t need to use my policy, I found it extremely easy to set up online. I did check out other people’s reviews before choosing TID and will definitely use them again.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Jodie,
We try to make the whole process as easy as possible so it is great to hear feedback like that! We hope you have fun planning that next adventure.

Verified Customer

Bali 5 day trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

The policy was easy to set up and is good value. I have used TID a number of times and have already engaged them for our next family trip (Sept 17-28, 2018)
Touch wood, I haven't needed to use it.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your loyalty we appreciate it.
Hope you guys have an awesome holiday in September and thanks for the review.

1 of 107 pages

HI my family is traveling to bail in September wanting to know if there is any problems with insurance cover if there is any volcanic activity? as I understand if you are covered before anything like this happens there should be no issues. Aron

Aron asked on May 02, 2018

I am international student, studying in Australia with student visa.I am planning to travel to New Zealand for 2 weeks and thinking to purchase TID standard with additional ski pack I have read below description, Resident: means an Australian citizen; a holder of a current and valid Australian permanent resident visa, partner/spouse visa, Australian skilled migrant visa (including 457 and Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa) or a student visa, but excluding working holiday visas; a New Zealand passport holder permanently residing in Australia; and: a) with unrestricted right of entry into Australia; b) with access to long-term medical care in Australia (not including Reciprocal Health Care Agreements); c) who has a permanent Australian residential address; and d) who agrees to be repatriated, if required, back to Australia under this insurance. in case i make a claim (knock wood) what kind of documents should I provide to satisfy those a-d points?

linzonly asked on Feb 10, 2018

Answer this

I cannot answer the questions re a-d as the 3 people in my groups who made and / or who I assisted in making a claim were all Australian residents. The issues you need clarified were not pertinent to the people claiming. Documents you would need to make a claim for medical treatment would be proof of treatments / receipt of payment - or in a more serious accident - you, a hospital or medical staff could contact TID re guaranteeing payment for needed medical attention - as was the case when we were in a bus accident. For loss of something - police reports / witness statements along with a clear description of what happened would be needed. Hope this helps- sorry I cannot answer on the company policy re people who are not citizens / permanent residents

I and 2 friends are going on a motorcycle tour in Vietnam and have taken out policies with you to cover this trip. I note in the PDS that the policy will only cover us if we have a drivers licence in the country we are in (Vietnam). I contacted the Vietnam Embassy in Canberra and they advised an International drivers would be acceptable. I then contacted our tour organiser about obtaining Vietnam drivers licence and they have advised me it would take 10-14 days from the time of arrival to obtain a temporary Vietnam drivers licence, this is not possible as we arrive in Hanoi 2 days before our trip. We all have NSW unrestricted motorcycle licences and International drivers permits. If we go on this trip and by chance (unfortunate) we have an accident that requires a claim on our policies, will we be covered if we don't have a Vietnam drivers licence, but hold valid Australian drivers licences? I look forward to your response. My email address is [email address removed] Regards, Alan Brill

Keith asked on Jan 31, 2018