Review rating:

Professional and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

I booked a one day tour of Forbidden City / Mutianyu, a bit last minute as I was already in Beijing when I realized I had underestimated the challenges in getting around on my own. I was a bit nervous about booking online - but no need to worry! I was very impressed with the prompt replies to email received by Angela, and our tour guide Rico was fantastic, very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. He even ordered our amazing lunch for us, ensuring a huge diversity of dietary requirements were all met! Would not hesitate to book with them again.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Sheryl, We are grateful for your time to have posted this marvelous comment regarding your Beijing one day tour to Mutianyu Great Wall and Forbidden City here. Thank you for your trust! It ... read more »

TravelChinaGuide Private Tour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

We undertook a 3 day Private Tour with Chinatravelguide.
The tour was excellent. Our driver Mr John and the guide Matthew where wonderful and ensured we arrived safely everywhere went, whilst providing in depth information about the places we visited.

This was the first time we have used this type of service and it enabled us to see so much more in the timeframe we had available. I have already and will continue to recommend travelchinaguide to my friends and family. Our favourite part of the tour was the visit to the Great Wall due to how spectacular it is and the toboggan ride down the hill.

Nothing was to difficult for our guide or driver and this ensured we were about to see alot more than we expected in the short time we had in Beijing. The booking process and correspondence with our consultant (Emily) was excellent.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Troy, Thank you so much for traveling with TravelChinaGuide and posting such a good review online. We feel more than happy to read that you think the guided tour we arranged excellent and y... read more »

Verified Customer

A perfect end to our holiday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Having a few days in Shanghai at the end of our cruise, we decided to take the tour to the water village of Zhouzhuang. Booking in advance was very easy despite the 9 hour time difference and our consultant Emily Xin was very friendly and helpful. The tour itself was very interesting and enjoyable. Our tour guide contacted us on the previous evening and the minibus collected us at our hotel at the allotted time. He spoke excellent English and was very informative. We decided to leave the tour when we returned to Shanghai as we were departing at 04.00 and wished to have an early night. Our cruise ship had been docked right in the heart of the city so we had already seen the lights. Although we said that we would get a taxi, he insisted on taking us back to our hotel. We would certainly recommend China Guide Tours and would be happy to book a full tour with them in the future

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Khunjock, Thank you so much for booking tour with TravelChinaGuide and posting such a positive review here. We are glad to know that you really enjoyed our guide's service in Shanghai. Your... read more »

We had a great time

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

This tour was exactly what we were looking for - we did the 1 day tour to Mutianyu. We were picked up promptly in the morning and dropped off at a convenient location in the afternoon.

Normally we would have done this on our own, but having a toddler with us meant finding transport on our own would have been too hard.

We found the length of your just right for us and the toddler and the lunch was delicious!!!

I really found the tour to be great value.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Amy, Thank you for taking time to post this review regarding your Mutianyu day tour here. From your words, we can see that you were quite satisfied with our service as well as our other tou... read more »

Verified Customer

Customer satisfaction is what "Travel China Guide Tours" are all about.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Customer satisfaction is what "Travel China Guide Tours" are all about. And I couldn't be a more satisfied customer. Let me tell you my story. I was to arrive in China on March 16th and had a day trip planned for the following day the 17th which also happen to be my birthday. But because of plane delays I did not make it to Beijing until about 9:00am on the 17th.
Travel China sent out a car to pick me up at the airport. But because I would not connect to the airport WIFI I was unable to call them. Finally made it to my hotel at around 11:00am and was able to give them a call. The told me that they had a guy waiting at the airport for over 3 hours to pick me up. I felt so bad. I even felt worse because I need to leave Beijing the follow evening. Started out being the worst birthday ever.
But then Travel China did the unthinkable. The split up my tour so I was able to get to the Great Wall of China as part of their afternoon tour and then the following day I was able to do the first part of my day tour to the forbidden city. They turned the all around for me and I cannot tell you just how grateful I was. You will never go wrong with the Travel China Guide Tours.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Mark Seward, Thank you so much for traveling with TravelChinaGuide and writing such a good review online. We feel excited to read that you are satisfied with what we have arranged for you a... read more »

Verified Customer

Touring China? Get a quote from these guys first!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

A thoroughly reliable company who spent many hours (Vera) tailoring our 12 day tour to what we wanted over the Christmas period. All the guides, Candy, Celine, Ryan and Ocean were great especially when we were 'stranded' waiting for a delayed train in Beijing. Vera and Ruby called us to set up alternative transport but it all worked out in the end. A fabulous adventure and I have no reservations about recommending this company. Top notch!

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Jack, Thank you so much for posting this positive feedback here. From your words we can see that you were satisfied with the professional service of our guides as well as the China trip we ar... read more »

Very profession company

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

Travel China Tours
We recently travelled to China for the second time and booked our trip through Travel China Guide. As we had such a great time with the first trip we decided to use the same travel agent and were not disappointed with our choice. Emails were answered promptly, information was up-to-date, especially getting on and off the cruise along the Yangtze. As we were travelling on our own catching trains Angela even went to the trouble of writing out instructions for us in Chinese. This made it much easier to give to the taxi driver. Tickets for the train were delivered, as promised, on time to our hotel. We also did a half day tour our Shanghai and guide, Jason, was excellent. He gave us lots of information about the city and was happy to answer any questions we had.
We would definitely recommend Travel China Guide if you are thinking about going to China.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Rod Cairns, Thank you for travelling with TravelChinaGuide once again! We feel more than excited that you still recognize our arrangement as well as our service and love your China trip. It i... read more »

Excellent company - well recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

We booked on line with Vera helping me design my itinerary based on where we wanted to go and see and she added other recommendations in along the way that worked out perfectly. It was so hassle free booking with this company, everything went exactly as they had promised. We had door to door service for 12 days. Candy in Beijing, Celine in Xian and Ryan in Shanghai took great care of us. The private buses we had in every location were really clean, the drivers were so kind. They were always on time and we never waited for anyone. The guides had so much knowledge to share with us and clearly enjoyed their jobs. Totally recommend this company and the employees we worked with were excellent. It was a trip to remember. Have recommended to several people since we returned.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear SCT5, Thank you for booking China tour with TravelChinaGuide and writing such an wonderful review online. We are more than happy to read that our excellent service made your whole tour smooth... read more »

Verified Customer

Excellent service and worry free travel experienced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

My husband and I did the 11 Days Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Guilin - Shanghai tour and we are very happy with the service Travel China Guide provided us. Great and worry free travel experienced. I booked with Wendy Lee online and she was very patient with me and helpful with all the changes we need before the trip like our flight schedules. You can't go wrong with a tour company like this. Highly recommend to everyone wants to travel to China.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Roan,

Thank you for traveling with Travel China Guide! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip, especially your travel consultant Wendy. We really appreciate your support and hope to serve you in the near future!

Kina

Great Experience and Flawless Arrangements

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

We booked online with this company based on all the good reviews and my wife and I totally agree! They were great and we had no issues whatsoever. Our travel coordinator, Lexi Yang, was very professional and prompt in her replies and easy to work with. We booked a 2 day tour of Xi’an as well as an overnight sleeper train from Beijing to Xi’an and then another overnight sleeper train from Xi’an to Shanghai after our Xi’an tour. We picked up our train tickets in Beijing and our guide, Koko met us when we got off the train in Xi’an. Koko was a wonderful and enthusiastic guide. Between her and our driver we were well taken care of. Definitely a great experience. We highly recommend their services and we will plan to use them again.

June 25th 2018 Update: Second Booking with Travel China Guide and Still Flawless!

My wife and I used TravelChinaGuide again to arrange a local tour of Chongqing and the surrounding area. We separately booked our air/hotel, but our guide and car/driver were arranged by Lexi Yang (she also happened to be the same person that coordinated our Xian tour. She’s great. Very responsive in emails as well as available on WeChat). The areas toured outside Chongqing included Dazu (Baoding carvings), Black Mountain Valley and Wulong. Each place was a separate tour day and drive time each way ranged from about 1.5 to 3 hours. Everything worked flawlessly (except for traffic in Chongqing. It can be pretty amazing, but our driver (Mr. Hu(?) was quite good about his maneuvering and making the best of it). Our guide, Charlie was always waiting in the hotel lobby even when we were a few minutes early. No complaints at all. They were good and took us to some terrific local places for very non touristy lunches. As always, these are the kinds of places that you just wouldn’t easily find without local help. Chongqing and that area of China don’t have a lot of English signs/menus so a bit of a challenge without a guide. Charlie was very knowledgeable and we were very happy to have made the tour arrangements. We definitely plan to use Lexi and TravelChinaGuide again in the future.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Christopher Owings, It is very nice of you to post this review on our service and your tour in Xian. Your satisfaction is the best reward to us and we will keep the high quality service. We ... read more »

Verified Customer

Excellent experience! Great tour company! We'll be back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

My wife and I were traveling in June to Beijing to have our wedding ceremony and we wanted to bring along a select group of our friends and family as guests for the wedding. We also wanted them to visit some of China's best cities and attractions. I have visited most of the popular/touristy cities in China the past and had a pretty good idea of what sites to visit. After comparing a few travel companies, we chose Travel China Guide Tours to coordinate our travel plans. We decided on them because of their business experience, offered sites/locations, and pricing. From the beginning of the communications, our travel consultant Lydia was very professional and very responsive to each of our requests. It was obvious that she was knowledgeable and able to address each of our questions and concerns with ease. We felt confident in having Lydia coordinate our travel. She was able to arrange and adjust our travel plans to accommodate just about everything we requested.

BEIJING
Our travels began in Beijing. Our guide - Harrison - was awesome! He provided an informative description of the history of China as he walked us around Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Summer Palace and the Great Wall (Mutianyu section). We enjoyed each site as well as the time spent traveling to and from each location. While in Beijing, we also visited a jade store. The saleswomen were so nice (without being pushy), that some of us bought several items as gifts for those back home. Our hotel – Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing - was perfect! The location was ideal because it was in the center of most of the places we planned to visit on our own at night. The room accommodations were excellent and the included daily breakfast (both American and Chinese food options) gave us the strength we needed to begin each day.

The high speed train from Beijing to Xi'an was probably our best transportation experience of the whole trip. While it took over 6 hours, we were all very relaxed in our big reclining seats – the first class seats were well worth the extra cost. One of our travelers is 6 feet 5 inches tall and found these seats to be perfect. The train ride was very smooth and we barely realized that we were traveling at almost 200mph. It was also nice to be able to walk from car to car to stretch our legs.

XI’AN
Upon our arrival in Xi’an we contacted Tracy via WeChat. Tracy was a nice guide and knowledgeable about history of Xi'an. Once we arrived at the City Wall, we biked atop the City Wall for about 15 minutes. We enjoyed a dinner and theatre performance that evening. The next day we visited a pottery-making factory. They had some pretty cool items for sale and offered to ship items (for an extra charge), but we were a bit rushed and didn’t have much time to consider purchasing anything. Visiting the Terra Cotta Army the next day was the highlight of this trip. Even though the weather was extremely hot (in late June), the group enjoyed seeing the sculptures created to serve Emperor Qin in the afterlife. We took a photo with the farmer who discovered the pit and purchased his signed book (and were charged a nice sum to do both). Lunch on this day was surprisingly delicious! Tracy took us to a great spot. Our hotel, Wyndham Grand Xi’an South, was a very new hotel and was one of the nicest hotels I’ve stayed during my travels in China. The staff was very friendly and the included breakfast gave us an assortment of food options. Our flight to Chengdu on China Air went smoothly and was on time.

CHENGDU
From the moment she picked us up at the Chengdu airport, our guide Jolin was very friendly and easy-going. We never felt rushed during this trip. Jolin was happy to suggest some traditional Chengdu hot pot places for dinner. Although it rained pretty hard the night we arrived we ended up walking a few long blocks to one of the restaurants she recommended - it turned out to be very delicious! We handled as much spicy food as they could dish out and chased it down with some lite beer. Unfortunately, one of the guys in our group suffered from the hot pot spice the next day. Jolin had the driver pull off course to take us to a nearby restroom and saved the day. Beware of the Chengdu spice! It is no joke!

The Dujiangyan Panda Base was the highlight for most of our group - especially those who were willing to pay money to sit with a panda. This location was tailored into our trip and was a cost separate from the tour package. While the website advertised that you could hold a panda for about 3 minutes, each person only got about 30 seconds to sit next to and take pictures with a panda. My friends enjoyed every second of it and wished they could have spent a full day with the pandas. The Sofitel Chengdu Taihe hotel was nothing special and while the lobby entrance looks nice (in photos and in person), the rooms and the rest of the hotel were a bit old and stuffy. Our flight to Shanghai via Sichuan Airlines was smooth and was pretty close to on time.

SHANGHAI
We arrived in Shanghai a little after 9pm and our tour guide Martin was there to greet us and escort us to the van. Martin was a very kind guide and welcomed our conversation and questions about Shanghai. He made sure we were checked into the hotel and gave us some flexibility in a meeting time for the next day. The Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel was nice. The rooms were nothing special, but the beds were comfortable and the staff was very kind. We enjoyed the included breakfast, although it wasn’t as impressive as the previous hotels. We also spent some time on the rooftop the first night and despite the humidity (and the bugs), we enjoyed the views of Shanghai.

The next day Martin shuffled us around the city and along The Bund in the sweltering heat and was very patient as we paused for numerous photos. I expressed interest in the acrobat show that evening and Martin promptly arranged for tickets. The show was very impressive, and a must-see, unless you’ve seen any Cirque du Soleil shows. While in Shanghai we also went to the Jade Buddha Temple, Yuyuan Garden, the Shanghai Museum, and took a cruise on the Huangpu River. All were worth the time to explore, but we could have skipped the river cruise (or perhaps it would have been better at night). We also visited a silk store which we found to be a great learning experience. Who knew how much effort went into making silk!

The next day, Martin accompanied us on the Maglev train to Shanghai airport. The Maglev was the fastest train any of us had been on, but the trip was so quick that there wasn’t much to enjoy. Martin made our Shanghai trip very flexible and was able to arrange things the way we wanted. He never tried to push us to visit any particular site and simply gave us recommendations, which we appreciated. The Shanghai portion of our trip was a great end to our China travel experience!

RETURN TO BEIJING
Our flight back to Beijing on Juneyao Airlines was delayed by about a half hour and the airline ended up changing our departure gate to the other side of the airport (after we walked all the way to the original gate). This was an inconvenience, especially because everyone in the group was tired after a long day. But this was obviously not the travel company’s fault. Once we landed in Beijing we ended up waiting almost an hour outside for the hotel shuttle to show up. Once we arrived at our hotel very late in the evening, we immediately noticed that there was a huge difference between the CITIC Hotel Beijing Airport and any of the other hotels we stayed at in China during this tour. I am not sure how Travel China Guide Tours booked us such a low quality hotel after we had requested “4 star” hotels. We were very unhappy with the hotel choice so my wife and I coordinated two taxis and made reservations at a nicer hotel. We ended up paying out of pocket so the trip wouldn’t be ruined by the poor hotel choice on the last day of the trip. I believe this was an honest mistake and I have communicated with the travel consultant about it since then.

OVERALL
Aside from a few issues, my group had a wonderful time. Most of the trip arranged by Travel China Guide was smooth and seamless. We did not have any issues with tickets, flight/train reservations, lost luggage, illnesses, etc. that other travelers have complained about with other tour companies. We enjoyed the scheduled trips to the stores/factories, as they provided a great learning experience and a chance to buy gifts/souvenirs for friends and family back home. The travel guides were professional, punctual, and responsive to our requests. Each guide provided a review form at the end of each trip which I was happy to complete. With sincere appreciation we gave each guide a tip based on our travel experiences and their efforts – never anything less than the recommended amount.

Many of my friends and family have already expressed an interest in returning for another tour the next time my wife and I return to China. If so, we will definitely consider booking with Travel China Guide again. I would highly recommend them to anyone requiring a travel guide in China. My friends and I are very thankful to Travel China Guide Tours and its agents for providing us with such a pleasant, safe and memorable travel experience.

Thank you Travel China Guide Tours! We'll be back.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Drew K, How kind of you to have posted such a detailed review on our tour service. We put much attention on customers' needs and make great effort to meet or even exceed their expectation. Al... read more »

Excellent Tour Guide Services for Visitors

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

It was really a pleasure working with Travel China Guide Tours. They facilitated my journey through China by helping me get all my Hi Speed Train Tickets reserved and delivered without any hitch to my Hotel Room available for pick up at Check In. A Breeze of an experience and most certainly very dependable and reliable. Thank you for your excellent support and quality of work.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Pradeep, It is very kind of you to share your booking experience with us. We are very pleased to know that you found our service reliable and the ticket delivery went very well too. It is ind... read more »

The best Candy in Beijing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

We love Candy, she is a brilliant tour guide! From the moment she picked us up from the airport to the moment of departure Candy had us totally entertained, informed and culturally immersed in Beijing. I traveled to China with my 2 children (13 and 16), the tour that Candy organised was just brilliant. We took in all the major sights and more! Snow on the Great Wall! The Hutong Tour with Victor was another highlight especially the home visit with a local artist.

Candy's knowledge, sense of humour and her ability to make the whole group come together was terrific. We absolutely loved our time in Beijing and would recommend the Travel China Guide company and we especially recommend Candy.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Rebekah, Thank you for your kindness and time for writing this review. We are more than happy to know that almost everything was perfect in your trip. Your support to Travel China Guide is m... read more »

Travel to China made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Last year, I travelled to China and bought all my tickets online from Tavel China Guide. I first flew to Shanghai and then went on to Hangzhou by train; I then took a plane to Fenghuang ancient town, went on to Xian and left from Beijing. All my train tickets were delivered to my hotel before my arrival; this made everything easy for me. It was the second time I used their services and I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone who likes to travel on their own in China. Mme Louise Goyette

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear louise, It is really nice to read your feedback about our China train booking service here! We are very pleased to know that you found our service useful and all the tickets reached your hotel... read more »

Verified Customer

My experience with Travel China guide…absolutely smooth, seamless and amazing!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

My experience with Travel China guide tour was excellent right from planning to my return from the trip. All my communication was over emails and booking online. It was as very easy. The staff is very professional. The transportation and accommodation was of high class. The guides were very knowledgeable. My entire trip was seamless from one city to another. The guides and drivers were always onetime. We toured the most scenic and historic sites. They delivered above and beyond what was promised. I recommend then to all and will be booking more trips with them

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Nadia, Thank you for booking with Travel China Guide! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service. We value each order and try our best to serve every client with the greate... read more »

Mary Esther, Florida USA

Private message

Very Good Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

The train arrived on time and looked very nice. When I boarded I was very pleasantly surprised to see Western style toilets. Bunks were comfortable and I slept very well. Very nice attendants. Anyone who is apprehensive about booking a Travel China train ride should rest assured that this is a very safe and comfortable experience. No complaints whatsoever!

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Jon A., We are more than happy to know that you have been satisfied with our booking service as well as the train service in China. It is always a pleasure to know that our clients could enjo... read more »

Easy to book High-Speed Rail tickets with Travel China Gide Tour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I used Travel China a couple of years ago when I was planning my trip to China. I wanted to travel between some of the cities by rail as their high-speed network was expanding, and cost much less than flying while it takes about the same time if you consider the check-in procedure at airports. I found Travel China caters to travelers from America, while the Chinese companies were much more complicated with payment and other booking issues. The booking and payment process was quite simple, with all the necessary paperwork emailed to me.
On arrival at the train station, I looked for the ticket pick-up counter, and after showing the printed form and showing my passport for verification, I received the ticket for the train I booked, with the proper seat assignment.
One pointer, if you do plan on traveling on the high-speed rail system, you will need to prebook your seat, as it would be virtually impossible to buy tickets at the station as it is the growing choice of travel inside China.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Spencer, Thank you for sharing your idea and experience about China train service! We agree with you that high speed train has become more and more popular for its convenience and punctuality... read more »

Verified Customer

Couldn't ask for a better service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I took two trips on Chinese trains. One a short round trip. Another one way across half of the country. The entire process: online ticket purchase, station boarding and the unbelievably fast train was awesome. I'd definitely use this company again should I return and I plan to.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Marko Traveler, It is really a pleasure to see your comments here and certainly we are very pleased to know that you have been satisfied with our online booking service and enjoyed your train... read more »

Davao city

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Trustworthy Excellent Company Cant Go Wrong

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I Traveled with travel china guide tours last year visiting four cities in china bejing , xian ,guilin and shanghai cannot say enough good things about this company their guide were not only excellent in english but provide extra service they take you to places even after the day of touring is over at night time they take your pictures give you suggestion on best angles and really give a different feel to the tour guide and tourist relationship we availed of a private tour just me and my wife and the tour guide we ate meals together talked about our countries basically its like traveling with a friend instead of a guide we especially like our guide in guilin smiley we can still picture out our memories with her she took us to night markets to local restaurants that only local knows to were we can get top quality souvenirs for reasonable price and this is a bit embarrassing but since gulin was the third of our four city tour we sort of run short of cash she let us use her phone and account for our relatives to send us money from our country and they arrange great tours going to as many places as possible each day having shows like acribatic kung fu show and impression of sanjie liu which is a breath taking show by the way all of this at a very reasonable price they even gave us a 20% discount if your going to china i strongly recommend this company and our tour operator Angela LI

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear vincent, We are delighted to see your review here and more than happy to know that you were satisfied with our service. The tour guides we arranged for our valued clients are all professional... read more »

Yes you will we are still planning 5 or more trips to china in the future and will book your agency for sure just keep up the discount haha

A fabulous experience using Travel China Guide Tours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Having used Travel China Guide Tour to book train tickets for a journey from Beijing to Xi'an I cannot recommend this company highly enough. My wife and I wanted to visit the Terracotta Warriors as part of our adventure and found the best way to get from our base in Beijing to Xi'an was by using the bullet train. I booked everything whilst in the UK before we left and the support I received from Travel China Guide Tours was exceptional (all done via email with extremely quick response times despite the time difference between the UK and China). Tickets were bought and paid for whilst still in the UK and on our arrival at our first hotel in Beijing the tickets were handed to us by the hotel receptionist. All in all a fabulous service and this company comes highly recommended. Would definitely use this company again when I do return to China one day.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear NWalker67, Thank you so much for sharing your cheerful booking experience with us here. We sincerely wish you had a good time during this train trip as well as your visiting in Terracotta War... read more »

1 of 4 pages