Review rating:

Verified Customer

Excellent service and worry free travel experienced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

My husband and I did the 11 Days Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Guilin - Shanghai tour and we are very happy with the service Travel China Guide provided us. Great and worry free travel experienced. I booked with Wendy Lee online and she was very patient with me and helpful with all the changes we need before the trip like our flight schedules. You can't go wrong with a tour company like this. Highly recommend to everyone wants to travel to China.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Roan,

Thank you for traveling with Travel China Guide! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip, especially your travel consultant Wendy. We really appreciate your support and hope to serve you in the near future!

Great Experience and Flawless Arrangements

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

We booked online with this company based on all the good reviews and my wife and I totally agree! They were great and we had no issues whatsoever. Our travel coordinator, Lexi Yang, was very professional and prompt in her replies and easy to work with. We booked a 2 day tour of Xi’an as well as an overnight sleeper train from Beijing to Xi’an and then another overnight sleeper train from Xi’an to Shanghai after our Xi’an tour. We picked up our train tickets in Beijing and our guide, Koko met us when we got off the train in Xi’an. Koko was a wonderful and enthusiastic guide. Between her and our driver we were well taken care of. Definitely a great experience. We highly recommend their services and we will plan to use them again.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Christopher Owings, It is very nice of you to post this review on our service and your tour in Xian. Your satisfaction is the best reward to us and we will keep the high quality service. We ... read more »

Verified Customer

Excellent experience! Great tour company! We'll be back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

My wife and I were traveling in June to Beijing to have our wedding ceremony and we wanted to bring along a select group of our friends and family as guests for the wedding. We also wanted them to visit some of China's best cities and attractions. I have visited most of the popular/touristy cities in China the past and had a pretty good idea of what sites to visit. After comparing a few travel companies, we chose Travel China Guide Tours to coordinate our travel plans. We decided on them because of their business experience, offered sites/locations, and pricing. From the beginning of the communications, our travel consultant Lydia was very professional and very responsive to each of our requests. It was obvious that she was knowledgeable and able to address each of our questions and concerns with ease. We felt confident in having Lydia coordinate our travel. She was able to arrange and adjust our travel plans to accommodate just about everything we requested.

BEIJING
Our travels began in Beijing. Our guide - Harrison - was awesome! He provided an informative description of the history of China as he walked us around Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Summer Palace and the Great Wall (Mutianyu section). We enjoyed each site as well as the time spent traveling to and from each location. While in Beijing, we also visited a jade store. The saleswomen were so nice (without being pushy), that some of us bought several items as gifts for those back home. Our hotel – Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing - was perfect! The location was ideal because it was in the center of most of the places we planned to visit on our own at night. The room accommodations were excellent and the included daily breakfast (both American and Chinese food options) gave us the strength we needed to begin each day.

The high speed train from Beijing to Xi'an was probably our best transportation experience of the whole trip. While it took over 6 hours, we were all very relaxed in our big reclining seats – the first class seats were well worth the extra cost. One of our travelers is 6 feet 5 inches tall and found these seats to be perfect. The train ride was very smooth and we barely realized that we were traveling at almost 200mph. It was also nice to be able to walk from car to car to stretch our legs.

XI’AN
Upon our arrival in Xi’an we contacted Tracy via WeChat. Tracy was a nice guide and knowledgeable about history of Xi'an. Once we arrived at the City Wall, we biked atop the City Wall for about 15 minutes. We enjoyed a dinner and theatre performance that evening. The next day we visited a pottery-making factory. They had some pretty cool items for sale and offered to ship items (for an extra charge), but we were a bit rushed and didn’t have much time to consider purchasing anything. Visiting the Terra Cotta Army the next day was the highlight of this trip. Even though the weather was extremely hot (in late June), the group enjoyed seeing the sculptures created to serve Emperor Qin in the afterlife. We took a photo with the farmer who discovered the pit and purchased his signed book (and were charged a nice sum to do both). Lunch on this day was surprisingly delicious! Tracy took us to a great spot. Our hotel, Wyndham Grand Xi’an South, was a very new hotel and was one of the nicest hotels I’ve stayed during my travels in China. The staff was very friendly and the included breakfast gave us an assortment of food options. Our flight to Chengdu on China Air went smoothly and was on time.

CHENGDU
From the moment she picked us up at the Chengdu airport, our guide Jolin was very friendly and easy-going. We never felt rushed during this trip. Jolin was happy to suggest some traditional Chengdu hot pot places for dinner. Although it rained pretty hard the night we arrived we ended up walking a few long blocks to one of the restaurants she recommended - it turned out to be very delicious! We handled as much spicy food as they could dish out and chased it down with some lite beer. Unfortunately, one of the guys in our group suffered from the hot pot spice the next day. Jolin had the driver pull off course to take us to a nearby restroom and saved the day. Beware of the Chengdu spice! It is no joke!

The Dujiangyan Panda Base was the highlight for most of our group - especially those who were willing to pay money to sit with a panda. This location was tailored into our trip and was a cost separate from the tour package. While the website advertised that you could hold a panda for about 3 minutes, each person only got about 30 seconds to sit next to and take pictures with a panda. My friends enjoyed every second of it and wished they could have spent a full day with the pandas. The Sofitel Chengdu Taihe hotel was nothing special and while the lobby entrance looks nice (in photos and in person), the rooms and the rest of the hotel were a bit old and stuffy. Our flight to Shanghai via Sichuan Airlines was smooth and was pretty close to on time.

SHANGHAI
We arrived in Shanghai a little after 9pm and our tour guide Martin was there to greet us and escort us to the van. Martin was a very kind guide and welcomed our conversation and questions about Shanghai. He made sure we were checked into the hotel and gave us some flexibility in a meeting time for the next day. The Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel was nice. The rooms were nothing special, but the beds were comfortable and the staff was very kind. We enjoyed the included breakfast, although it wasn’t as impressive as the previous hotels. We also spent some time on the rooftop the first night and despite the humidity (and the bugs), we enjoyed the views of Shanghai.

The next day Martin shuffled us around the city and along The Bund in the sweltering heat and was very patient as we paused for numerous photos. I expressed interest in the acrobat show that evening and Martin promptly arranged for tickets. The show was very impressive, and a must-see, unless you’ve seen any Cirque du Soleil shows. While in Shanghai we also went to the Jade Buddha Temple, Yuyuan Garden, the Shanghai Museum, and took a cruise on the Huangpu River. All were worth the time to explore, but we could have skipped the river cruise (or perhaps it would have been better at night). We also visited a silk store which we found to be a great learning experience. Who knew how much effort went into making silk!

The next day, Martin accompanied us on the Maglev train to Shanghai airport. The Maglev was the fastest train any of us had been on, but the trip was so quick that there wasn’t much to enjoy. Martin made our Shanghai trip very flexible and was able to arrange things the way we wanted. He never tried to push us to visit any particular site and simply gave us recommendations, which we appreciated. The Shanghai portion of our trip was a great end to our China travel experience!

RETURN TO BEIJING
Our flight back to Beijing on Juneyao Airlines was delayed by about a half hour and the airline ended up changing our departure gate to the other side of the airport (after we walked all the way to the original gate). This was an inconvenience, especially because everyone in the group was tired after a long day. But this was obviously not the travel company’s fault. Once we landed in Beijing we ended up waiting almost an hour outside for the hotel shuttle to show up. Once we arrived at our hotel very late in the evening, we immediately noticed that there was a huge difference between the CITIC Hotel Beijing Airport and any of the other hotels we stayed at in China during this tour. I am not sure how Travel China Guide Tours booked us such a low quality hotel after we had requested “4 star” hotels. We were very unhappy with the hotel choice so my wife and I coordinated two taxis and made reservations at a nicer hotel. We ended up paying out of pocket so the trip wouldn’t be ruined by the poor hotel choice on the last day of the trip. I believe this was an honest mistake and I have communicated with the travel consultant about it since then.

OVERALL
Aside from a few issues, my group had a wonderful time. Most of the trip arranged by Travel China Guide was smooth and seamless. We did not have any issues with tickets, flight/train reservations, lost luggage, illnesses, etc. that other travelers have complained about with other tour companies. We enjoyed the scheduled trips to the stores/factories, as they provided a great learning experience and a chance to buy gifts/souvenirs for friends and family back home. The travel guides were professional, punctual, and responsive to our requests. Each guide provided a review form at the end of each trip which I was happy to complete. With sincere appreciation we gave each guide a tip based on our travel experiences and their efforts – never anything less than the recommended amount.

Many of my friends and family have already expressed an interest in returning for another tour the next time my wife and I return to China. If so, we will definitely consider booking with Travel China Guide again. I would highly recommend them to anyone requiring a travel guide in China. My friends and I are very thankful to Travel China Guide Tours and its agents for providing us with such a pleasant, safe and memorable travel experience.

Thank you Travel China Guide Tours! We'll be back.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Drew K, How kind of you to have posted such a detailed review on our tour service. We put much attention on customers' needs and make great effort to meet or even exceed their expectation. Al... read more »

Excellent Tour Guide Services for Visitors

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

It was really a pleasure working with Travel China Guide Tours. They facilitated my journey through China by helping me get all my Hi Speed Train Tickets reserved and delivered without any hitch to my Hotel Room available for pick up at Check In. A Breeze of an experience and most certainly very dependable and reliable. Thank you for your excellent support and quality of work.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Pradeep, It is very kind of you to share your booking experience with us. We are very pleased to know that you found our service reliable and the ticket delivery went very well too. It is ind... read more »

The best Candy in Beijing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

We love Candy, she is a brilliant tour guide! From the moment she picked us up from the airport to the moment of departure Candy had us totally entertained, informed and culturally immersed in Beijing. I traveled to China with my 2 children (13 and 16), the tour that Candy organised was just brilliant. We took in all the major sights and more! Snow on the Great Wall! The Hutong Tour with Victor was another highlight especially the home visit with a local artist.

Candy's knowledge, sense of humour and her ability to make the whole group come together was terrific. We absolutely loved our time in Beijing and would recommend the Travel China Guide company and we especially recommend Candy.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Rebekah, Thank you for your kindness and time for writing this review. We are more than happy to know that almost everything was perfect in your trip. Your support to Travel China Guide is m... read more »

Travel to China made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Last year, I travelled to China and bought all my tickets online from Tavel China Guide. I first flew to Shanghai and then went on to Hangzhou by train; I then took a plane to Fenghuang ancient town, went on to Xian and left from Beijing. All my train tickets were delivered to my hotel before my arrival; this made everything easy for me. It was the second time I used their services and I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone who likes to travel on their own in China. Mme Louise Goyette

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear louise, It is really nice to read your feedback about our China train booking service here! We are very pleased to know that you found our service useful and all the tickets reached your hotel... read more »

Verified Customer

My experience with Travel China guide…absolutely smooth, seamless and amazing!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

My experience with Travel China guide tour was excellent right from planning to my return from the trip. All my communication was over emails and booking online. It was as very easy. The staff is very professional. The transportation and accommodation was of high class. The guides were very knowledgeable. My entire trip was seamless from one city to another. The guides and drivers were always onetime. We toured the most scenic and historic sites. They delivered above and beyond what was promised. I recommend then to all and will be booking more trips with them

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Nadia, Thank you for booking with Travel China Guide! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service. We value each order and try our best to serve every client with the greate... read more »

Mary Esther, Florida USA

Very Good Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

The train arrived on time and looked very nice. When I boarded I was very pleasantly surprised to see Western style toilets. Bunks were comfortable and I slept very well. Very nice attendants. Anyone who is apprehensive about booking a Travel China train ride should rest assured that this is a very safe and comfortable experience. No complaints whatsoever!

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Jon A., We are more than happy to know that you have been satisfied with our booking service as well as the train service in China. It is always a pleasure to know that our clients could enjo... read more »

Easy to book High-Speed Rail tickets with Travel China Gide Tour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I used Travel China a couple of years ago when I was planning my trip to China. I wanted to travel between some of the cities by rail as their high-speed network was expanding, and cost much less than flying while it takes about the same time if you consider the check-in procedure at airports. I found Travel China caters to travelers from America, while the Chinese companies were much more complicated with payment and other booking issues. The booking and payment process was quite simple, with all the necessary paperwork emailed to me.
On arrival at the train station, I looked for the ticket pick-up counter, and after showing the printed form and showing my passport for verification, I received the ticket for the train I booked, with the proper seat assignment.
One pointer, if you do plan on traveling on the high-speed rail system, you will need to prebook your seat, as it would be virtually impossible to buy tickets at the station as it is the growing choice of travel inside China.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Spencer, Thank you for sharing your idea and experience about China train service! We agree with you that high speed train has become more and more popular for its convenience and punctuality... read more »

Verified Customer

Couldn't ask for a better service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I took two trips on Chinese trains. One a short round trip. Another one way across half of the country. The entire process: online ticket purchase, station boarding and the unbelievably fast train was awesome. I'd definitely use this company again should I return and I plan to.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Marko Traveler, It is really a pleasure to see your comments here and certainly we are very pleased to know that you have been satisfied with our online booking service and enjoyed your train... read more »

Davao city

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Trustworthy Excellent Company Cant Go Wrong

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I Traveled with travel china guide tours last year visiting four cities in china bejing , xian ,guilin and shanghai cannot say enough good things about this company their guide were not only excellent in english but provide extra service they take you to places even after the day of touring is over at night time they take your pictures give you suggestion on best angles and really give a different feel to the tour guide and tourist relationship we availed of a private tour just me and my wife and the tour guide we ate meals together talked about our countries basically its like traveling with a friend instead of a guide we especially like our guide in guilin smiley we can still picture out our memories with her she took us to night markets to local restaurants that only local knows to were we can get top quality souvenirs for reasonable price and this is a bit embarrassing but since gulin was the third of our four city tour we sort of run short of cash she let us use her phone and account for our relatives to send us money from our country and they arrange great tours going to as many places as possible each day having shows like acribatic kung fu show and impression of sanjie liu which is a breath taking show by the way all of this at a very reasonable price they even gave us a 20% discount if your going to china i strongly recommend this company and our tour operator Angela LI

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear vincent, We are delighted to see your review here and more than happy to know that you were satisfied with our service. The tour guides we arranged for our valued clients are all professional... read more »

Yes you will we are still planning 5 or more trips to china in the future and will book your agency for sure just keep up the discount haha

A fabulous experience using Travel China Guide Tours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Having used Travel China Guide Tour to book train tickets for a journey from Beijing to Xi'an I cannot recommend this company highly enough. My wife and I wanted to visit the Terracotta Warriors as part of our adventure and found the best way to get from our base in Beijing to Xi'an was by using the bullet train. I booked everything whilst in the UK before we left and the support I received from Travel China Guide Tours was exceptional (all done via email with extremely quick response times despite the time difference between the UK and China). Tickets were bought and paid for whilst still in the UK and on our arrival at our first hotel in Beijing the tickets were handed to us by the hotel receptionist. All in all a fabulous service and this company comes highly recommended. Would definitely use this company again when I do return to China one day.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear NWalker67, Thank you so much for sharing your cheerful booking experience with us here. We sincerely wish you had a good time during this train trip as well as your visiting in Terracotta War... read more »

G train tickets!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

I would no hesitate in contacting this site again when going to China. Me and my wife booked our G-Train tickets (Beijing-Guilin and Guilin Shanghai) througt travelguinaguide.com. Everything was perfect. They were always very kind and helpful and answered all our questions very fast and clear. I am pretty sure that our trip was a real success thanks to them. They could booked for us two special seats in high season for the Beijing-Guilin train. It was very difficult because we were travelling in high chinesse season when everything is fully booked. They booked also our tickets for the Guilin-Shanghai train and it was was exactly as we requested. Honestly, I recommend this place. They are professionals, and thanks to them we could travel by train and enjoy our holiday Travelling in China can be difficult, If we had known we have contracted more tours with them. Hope to see you in our next trip!! Thank you

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Jorge, We are more than happy to read your feedback here! It is a good news that all your trips went very well and you liked the seats we booked for you. It is our honor to work with you duri... read more »

Amazing company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

We booked train travel through China with them and they were so unbelievably helpful going above and beyond to help us with Chinese speaking staff in stations over phone for us when we couldn't understand

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Emma,

It is really a pleasure to know that you are satisfied with our service. Your satisfaction is a great encouragement for our team. Wish we will have a chance to serve you again!

Birmingham

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer

Excellent efficient and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

I booked my Beijing to Ulaan Baatan leg of my Trans Mongolian Railway trip with this company. I chose them after doing some considerable research as I was originally a little wary to use an agency based in China, and was booking this through the internet/email from the UK. They gave lots of advice by email to help me plan my trip and provided an excellent service throughout the booking and delivery. They updated me at every stage of the way, always responding to my messages, and when I arrived at my accommodation in Beijing my train ticket was waiting for me as arranged. They provided an excellent, friendly service and I highly recommend them. They made the booking process very easy and stress free.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Ruth, It is really a great joy to read your feedback! We are more than happy to know that you found our train ticket booking service efficient and user friendly. We will also working hard for... read more »

Thank you, I was glad I found you as it was difficult to buy the ticket from the UK and I needed a company I could trust.

Verified Customer

It was worth every dollar!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

We booked a 4D3N tour of Beijing for 2 persons in March 2016. We had a driver, an English guide and the car let us warm during the entire trip - which was toward the end of winter.

Everyone in the team made sure we had the best vacation, from the arrangement before the trip, the day-trips themselves, and the post-activity checks to ensure they met our expectations.

It was everything we would ever have wanted! We will book again for Shanghai in October!

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Migz,

Thank you very much for your wonderful China tour review. It is great that you've enjoyed our tour service. Nothing happier than that. Hope you can join in us again and explore other destinations in China during a warmer season.

Best Tour Team-Will tour with them every time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I booked both a group tour and an individual tour with this Company and was delighted that I did so on both occasions. They are a very professional and accommodating group. Office tour guide and Driver staff are all professional and ready to support you in your exploration of their beautiful country. At all times on my tours I was extremely well looked after and my needs catered for. From my online booking negotiations -of which there were many, to the guides informative tour presentations it was TOP CLASS. No need to look anywhere else, these people are the ones to sign up with.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear Noel Waldon, It is so kind of you to share such a great China tour review here. Having known how much clients expect of a long-cherished trip, we always do the best we can from every aspect ... read more »

Convevient and easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

i booked all my tickets from guangzhou to guilin to hong kong from the site. Very easy to use. Train time and seat availabilitys are up to date. The detailed information regarding how to retrieve the tickets were very helpful.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear aaron choi, Thank you for writing this cheerful feedback! We are glad to read that you found our booking service easy to use and the instruction note for ticket collection helpful. Wish we wi... read more »

Verified Customer

Excellent and VERY helpful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Honestly, I am so thankful for the wonderful service provided by Travel China Guide. These professional people were excellent at communication with me via email from China to the United States. I emailed with questions and received excellent customer service and quick answers to my questions, even before I purchased tickets. I also called their phone number and spoke with a person who was very polite and she answered my questions. I used their website to search for tickets and to place my order two months before our trip. My purchase which was immediately followed up with an email confirmation of reservation and ticket purchase and it included several telephone numbers, just in case I needed further assistance. We used their services to book tickets for 5 people on the high speed train from Beijing to Guangzhou. The tickets were waiting for us at the train station (our choice to do that instead of having them delivered to the hotel), and the instructions they emailed to us were so helpful! (The Beijing train station is very confusing and if I were to do it again, I'd request the tickets to be delivered to my hotel. Their train station instructions became so valuable to us. Glad we printed them out and brought them along). I have only praise for this team who helped make our trip through China even more enjoyable!

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear gottacoupon, It is really a great pleasure to read your review about our train booking service here. Thank you so much for your kind recommendation and your praise is an encouragement for all... read more »

Fabulous and excellent tour - Xian

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

We had a fantastic time with Travel China. I liked the booking process. We reviewed several tour organizations and very glad that we chose Travel China Guide. From initial inquiry through to the tour, the team was extremely professional and responsive. The website is very friendly. Payment was made very easily. Finally, we booked one day tour. When we arrived in Xian, the tour guide phoned our hotel and informed us to get ready for tomorrow morning. Our driver picked us up promptly from our hotel. Our visit to Terracotta Warriors, City Wall and Small Wild Goose Pagoda was a great experience, much thanks to our guide Susan! The tour guide is very knowledgeable and speak English fluently. She really gave us context to the places we were visiting, the history behind it and the rich ancient culture description. We had a small group tour (six persons). Everyone was friendly and accommodating. If you would like your trip to be stress and hassle free, we recommend using Travel China Guide.

Comments
TravelChinaGuide Tours Official

Dear andrew, Thank you for choosing TravelChinaGuide and also for taking time to share your inspiring review here. We are more than happy to know that all efforts we done made for an enjoyable Ch... read more »

1 of 3 pages