Would not go OS without aTravel Sim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Have always found perfect reception and been reminded to refill funds when necessary.
VERY happy with all aspects and friends have also enjoyed the benefits that go with using it.

Adelaide, SA

Private message

TravelSim, same number anywhere in the world. No need to buy local sim-cards for each country.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I have used TravelSim for many years now. I pop it into my smart phone as soon as I am onboard my overseas flight. It is so convenient to know wherever I happen to be, once landed, people can get in touch with me directly and of course, so can I with them. The constant international number is so reassuring to me and my friends and family back home.

2018

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Generally good service for local phone calls. I am not sure if all my text messages were delivered...New SIM card with Australian [+61] number is an improvement on the older [+37], especially charges for phone calls and the ease of contact for family/friends in Australia.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Shirley, thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. We do strive to continually improve TravelSim where we can. If you would like to further discuss your sms, please do not hesitat... read more »

Good Companion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Having a TravelSim is great for travelling. No need to buy SimCard from all over the world. And recharging is easy as well as checking your balance. Reception was good when we were travelling.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We love to hear from our happy customers. We hope to travel again with you soon!

Carina

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Embarking's TravelSim review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Simply can not go overseas nowadays without a data package to access the internet. Travel Sim's European data package saved me a few times when I needed to get online. Highly recommended

Comments
TravelSim Official

It's great to see your needs are being met, thank you for choosing TravelSim!

Easy to use even for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

The travel SIM card made contacting necessary contacts while overseas very easy! This was the first time we have ever used the travel SIM card and highly recommend it! Do yourself a favour and get one for your next holiday!

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Josie, thank you for taking the time to leave us with a great review. Thanks for recommending us!

Brisbane

Private message

Great for peace of mind when overseas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I have just completed an overseas trip and am ready to embark on another. I have used Travelsim for a number of overseas trips. The Travelsim staff is obliging and professional, the call/text costs are excellent and, what I appreciate most, is the fact that I have the security of a well priced phone service whilst overseas when required. I recommend this service highly to family, friends and acquaintances. I have been reluctant to use data because of the cost. I need to investigate this further.

Comments
TravelSim Official

It's great to see your needs are being met, Barbara. Thanks for the kind words on our customer service, and thanks for choosing TravelSim!

Economical alternative to roaming

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

When my normal mobile service provider wanted to charge $10 a day for roaming in the UK and Europe I needed an economical alternative for my 4 week holiday. TravelSIM was perfect. My partner and I each got one with the bonus of free texting between our Travelsims. Coverage was excellent throughout Wales, London and Paris.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We love to hear about happy customers, Garry. Thanks for choosing TravelSim and we look forward to traveling again with you again.

3 months in Europe/UK and always in communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Have had Travelsim on 5 previous overseas trips. This experience was the best of those 5 with no access problems, phone or sms. Travelled through 11 countries 9including Singapore and Hong Kong, and automatically connected to the local phone supplier. Travelsim is much more economical than roaming and is as effective.

Comments
TravelSim Official

It's great to see your needs are being met, David. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for choosing TravelSim!

Sydney

• 2 answers

Simple for friends

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

TravelSim works perfectly in Europe.
However, despite assistance, it was a disaster in Hong Kong as it could not find the best operator.
To go to the 30 word minimum what else can one say!

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. If you are traveling again with a TravelSim in the future, please call us on 1300851676 so we can test and ensure all is going to work as it should.

Thanks, but, in principle, all is working well. We wont be going back to HK! We will use it again next year (from April 17) (Iran + Europe) and we would anticipate that, as this year, all will go w... read more »

Yarrawonga Park 2264

• 1 review

Happy traveller

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Have used Travel sim around the world including USA. crystal clear. Just love it . Converted two fellow travellers into using it. Just try it ,you will love it also.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We are happy to hear that you have recommended our service to friends and family. Thanks for choosing TravelSim!

Nice to hear from you.

Always in touch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I have used TravelSim in many countries including my last in South Africa. I needed data & hadn't prepaid for this. some places had no or very poor internet so I simply rang the provided phone number,. spoke to an Australian who sorted this out for me in minutes at a very reasonable price. Thank you.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for your review, Lorraine. Our call centre strive to offer a fast and effective service 24/7. We hope to travel again with you soon.

Keep in touch with home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

We have used it on all our travels all over the world. It’s a great way to keep in touch with home and gives you a secure feeling knowing you have communication whenever you need it without a huge bill when you get home. You are in control. Highly recommended :)

Comments
TravelSim Official

Its great to hear that TravelSim makes you feel secure and in control of your roaming. Thanks for recommending us.

A must have when travelling overseas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

TravelSIM is our sim of choice when travelling outside of Australia. Easy to use and gives us total control over communication costs. Works seamlessly with our Android phones in all countries visited.

Comments
TravelSim Official

It's great to see your needs are being met. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for travelling with TravelSim!

Verified Customer

Good price and free texts between SIM's

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Simple to set up, good price if you don't need data, OK price if you do need data. The app gives your remaining balance. An unlimited text option to any phone would be nice but if you have two TravelSims you get free texts between them.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for choosing TravelSim.

Fantastic to have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Great to have when you first land instead of trying to find out where you can buy one. Easy to use and keep track of your usage. Worked with my iPhone

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hello Meg, thank you for the kind words.We hope to travel again with you again!

Verified Customer

Don’t use if you have an iPhone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Firstly, I’m not sure that this issue is exclusive to TravelSIM but what a nightmare it is. The service itself is quite good but my wife and I returned home after 7 weeks in France/Netherlands, put our Telstra sims back in our phones and could not access the mobile data network. Called TravelSIM to be told it was a known issue with Telstra and iPhones, gave a bit of advice and left me to it. The advice they offered did not work so I went back to them and they said I needed to get Telstra to resolve the prob. No way, I said, you must have a structured way to resolve the issue if it is known rather than throw a customer into the pit that is Telstra. Nope, sorry, it’s a Telstra/Apple issue. As of now, 24 hours later, I am still talking to both Telstra and Apple. Done network reset without success and have done a full factory reset. Still no good. It is a nightmare. TravelSIM should be warning customers about this before they buy.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for your review, this issue is not related to the TravelSIM and is an Apple/Telstra problem. We have investigated this matter and can see that other roaming SIM service providers are also... read more »

It was a necessity and it worked beautifully in all countries visited

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

It was the best communication assistance that we could have purchased. It worked a treat in all countries we visited. We were updated by TravelSim in every country we entered. It was great.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Stay in touch with TravelSim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

TravelSIM helped my wife and I stay in touch if we got separated while we were travelling through Germany,Paris and Barcelona just a quick text and we safely continued.
The text messages reminding you when you change countries of the costing was a great benefit.
The phone app was very helpful when phoning Australia and also keeping you up to date with your balance.
And the use for phoning home to talk to family was made very easy with TravelSim

Comments
TravelSim Official

We love to hear from our happy customers, Darren. Thanks for choosing TravelSim!

A great product, did everything I expected and more.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I will definitely be using TravelSIM again when travelling overseas. I had no difficulty keeping in touch with family and friends. In addition in was definitely good value for money. Well done TravelSIM.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Wal, we are happy to see you enjoy using TravelSIM as much as we do. Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such a wonderful review.

1 of 20 pages

Hi, Does TravelSim have coverage in parts of Hawaii outside of major cities like Honolulu? I'm staying in Pupukea and Princeville as well as Waikiki though will be doing hikes into relatively rural areas and wanted to know how solid the coverage is. Thanks !!

Millard asked on Dec 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Millard, our SIM accesses the AT&T and T Mobile networks in Hawaii, so if those networks have access in your rural areas then you will be fine. I have looked at coverage maps and due to the mountainous area coverage is quite sketchy.

We used our sim in the UK & Europe not in the US but I’m sure they have TravelSims for all over the world!

Sorry - only used TravelSim in Europe - cant comment on Hawaii

If I insert the Travel Sim do I still keep my previous emails on record and can I continue to use my original WhatsApp and Facebook. Do they eat into my data?

Jill Mac asked on Aug 08, 2018

Yes to all 4 questions.

Thank you for your answer...

Yes, you will keep all of you apps/ photos, contacts etc. that are saved to the phone.
As for your apps using data, yes they will. Apps can run in the background of your phone even when you are not using it. We recommend to turn data roaming off when not using the internet to stop this from happening. Just turn data roaming on when you want to use it.

How long is my TravelSIM valid from date of purchase. I purchased my sims around April but did not activate as my trip was deferred to September. Are my sims still valid?

Bis asked on Jul 24, 2018

Answer this

The Travelsim credit is valid for 6 months from the date the credit is added. The sim itself will only expire if it goes a period of a year and no credit has been added to it. We will send you out email reminders when any credit is due to expire, and when the sim is due to expire, so you can extend it over and continue using. Please call us on 1300851676 to speak with a customer service representative to discuss your accounts in details. Thank you.

think 6 months, try activating and they will tell you

Thank you. You answered my question fully.