Easy & economical.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Once again I was very happy with my travel sim, good coverage & economical rates.
I was travelling the islands of Greece & always had good signal & very easy to recharge.

Travelling Convenience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

We have used TravelSim for years, but it is so much better with the Australian number & easier to keep in touch with family at home. Love the notifications about call/text/data fees for each country too. They have an excellent customer service department & I would recommend TravelSim to anyone travelling overseas

Comments
TravelSim Official

So glad to hear that you are enjoying our new Australian number. We work hard to always improve our product and customer service. Appreciate the review and hope to travel again with you soon.

Verified Customer

Great support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

When I purchased my SIM 1gb of data for Europe was included. Was very surprised to get a call before we left from support just to make sure we had everything set up and to let us know that help was available if needed.

Our primary use of the Sim was for data as we made no phone calls. The phone number was primarily there as an emergency contact for anyone to reach us.

Using the free pre-downloaded maps from Maps.me every day we did two weeks in Greece and Italy for just the initial cost of the SIM. Maps.me was a bit dodgy at times with the compass direction but we always had the option to use Google or Apple maps.

Combine this SIM with the occasional faster free WiFi at airports, hotels, restaurants etc and you can stay connected very affordably. Would not hesitate to recommend or use again.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi David, so glad to hear that you were happy with the TravelSim. We do strive to offer great customer service to our customers and like to ensure that help is always available if needed. We look forward to travelling with you again soon.

RICHMOND

• 2 questions
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Not what I was told....porting number across

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I contacted TravelSIM to specifically ask about porting my Au number across from my existing retailer. They said yes sure. THEN i bought a travelSIM. THEN they told me
"Unfortnately at this stage the we do not have the facilities to port numbers across to the TravelSIM. You are more than welcome to set up call diversion/forwarding to the TravelSIM but we are unable to port numbers across."
This is nonsense. I have to go back to the shop and get my travelsim refunded I guess - and now scramble to find new solution.
Huge thumbs down from me after all this work to find the right solution

Comments
TravelSim Official

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely not the type of experience we would like our customers to have. We have sent you a PM. Thank you for your review.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Perfect good value phone for overseas travel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I have used TravelSIM on all overseas trips and it has saved me loads on roaming! It keeps me in contact with family and friends without costing a fortune! Easy to use and customer contact is super especially with someone like me who is technologically inept!! Thanks TravelSIM couldn’t do without you

Comments
TravelSim Official

We are happy to hear that you are happy with TravelSim. Thank you for your wonderful review!

Communications made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

TravelSim has always been a good product, but now it's even better with the Australian number. The only time we have ever needed phone assistance while travelling we received immediate helpful and friendly service to get us going again. I would not hesitate to recommend TravelSim to anyone.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hello Rehlma, we strive to always better the product and provide our customers with helpful 24/7 assistance. We are glad to hear you enjoy using the TravelSim and cannot wait to travel again with you.

Convenient communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

The availability of a Australian number for people to call to is a great advantage as it simplifies things and the new straightforward connection feature is excellent, just like using a local number dialing and receiving.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We really appreciate your review Julian, can't wait to travel with you again soon.

great

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

it is just great any problems just ring great service most helpful eveyone should use this service
remend to my family and friends wow wow the rates are great you receive sms message about the rates per country

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Barry, thank you so much for your review, sounds like you're a real fan, we appreciate it.

Excellent sim card

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Travel sim were So very helpful right from my first call to the time they talked me through the set up.
Had no problems while over seas -was away 8 weeks -all over Europe and had no problem . It was also great to find out travel sim call centre is in Australia-so all operators were easy to talk to --Will take my sim card when next I travel.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for your review Wayne, we love helping our customers and stay open 24/7 to ensure you can contact us at anytime night or day. We can't wait to travel with you again soon.

thank you I will always use you when I travel again

Great travel companion

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

It was good to know there was reliable communication while in foreign climes. Important to be connected to home. Easy to use and cost effective. Well done TravelSim, thank you.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Jenny, thank you for taking the time to review our product and performance, we really appreciate it.

The best overseas SIM card in the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I have used the TravelSIM for 4 years now in numerous countries and found it to be faultless, the new SIM is even better and very easy to use for both the caller and friends and family wishing to call, The Australian dial number makes it easy to be connected.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Chris, thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear that you're happy with our SIM, don't forget that we have a 24/7 contact centre if you need any help.

Don’t leave home without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

TravelSim is certainly a ‘don’t leave home without it’ product when travelling overseas, providing cost effective and reliable peace of mind connectivity, as well as proper and timely support for queries.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you so much for our review, we love that we can help our customers 24/7. Really appreciate you taking the time to review us :)

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Needed to contact various hotels on the Camino. So easy with TravelSIM!
Will also need to contact husband at Rome airport once again so easy with TravelSIM.
Also helpful before left country with phone call to assist. Such good personalised service!!
Thank you.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Vicki, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Can't wait to travel with you again soon.

Sydney

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Travel SIM - For the Occasional User/Traveller be Prepared to Top Up to Protect your Credits

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

I have had a Travelsim SIM card for several years as an emergency back up when travelling each year. Today I found my number had been deactivated. On contacting their office I was told that I had lost my $68 credit because I had failed to top up my card within 6 months and my card was deactivated. I was told that I was sent a warning email some time ago about this possibility. That email had unfortunately gone to my spam folder and yes responsibility does fall to me to check such things.

After some discussion with the representative and as a gesture of goodwill, $35 was handed back to my account. I was at their mercy to either lose the account of get something back. So the moral of the story is that you must keep topping up your account with a minimum $5 every 6 months to be able to protect your account balance. If you don't, their conditions are that they will deactivate your SIM card and confiscate your unused credits. Conceivably you could have a few hundred dollars in credit and it just disappears one day if you fail to catch the warning email. I received no closing account details notifying me that the balance has been reduced to nil and my SIM deactivated?? Not a professional way to close an account.

So please everyone be very sure that you understand what you are signing up for when you get a Travelsim. If you are an occasional user/traveller and like me you just want to keep it for emergencies, then be prepared to continually top it up the $5 every 6 months to protect your balance for your next annual trip.

I recommend you keep minimal balances on the card and ONLY top up in the smallest amounts just to get you by for emergency phone calls. In the case of data use, you'll find free WIFI spots are everywhere these days and certainly in almost every hotel. Finally, if you really need to use phone calls and data on the move in an overseas country just walk into a local phone store and purchase a local SIM. There are usually helpful staff who speak English and will assist you with getting a cheap local sim at a much better competitive rate than any other Australian travel sim provider.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for your review Ted, you are correct, in order to keep the SIM active we do ask our customers to complete a $5 recharge every six months. When you apply the $5, we give a complementary $5... read more »

Thank you. I have also changed my email to hopefully stop future reminders going into a spam folder. I recommend that account holders should be able to submit an alternative point of contact which ... read more »

Multiple countries on 1 sim

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

On a recent international cruise we used TravelSIM to stay in touch. It gave us coverage across 3 countries as well as on the ship. With the App, it is easy to use and monitor your account.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for your review, we love that we can help people keep in touch easily while travelling to multiple destinations. Can't wait to travel with you again soon.

Safety assured

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

I found TravelSim extremely helpful when I needed the data for GPS on my iPhone. We were in Thailand and it was tricky trying to follow local signs, so set up some data to get GPS assistance.
Also the usual benefits of retaining the same number for any necessary calls from home.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi, thank you so much for your review, don't forget we are here 24/7 if you need us as well.

Adelaide, SA

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

The same mobile number wherever you happen to be travelling overseas.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I still have friends who when travelling overseas, still purchase a simcard in the country of holiday. It means nobody back home has their number (eg nobody back home has their number) With TravelSim you have the same permanent number anywhere in the world you travel. Great and so convenient.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hello Kezzer, thank you for your review, that is definitely the advantage of having your SIM prepared before you leave. Also, we have a 24/7 contact centre if you need help, it can be hard getting ... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

In Times of Need

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

When you purchase a SIM card for overseas you hope to not use it and just rely on free wifi in hotels etc. However, when you land in another country where you don’t speak the language and find out the hotel you booked into closed two weeks ago, TravelSIM saved the day. We were able to contact the booking agent in Australia and find other accommodation. Easily and without any issues. Highly recommended.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Paul, Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that TravelSIM helped make your holiday safer and less stressful. We love being there when you really need us and cannot wait to travel with you again soon.

This is a Great Sim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

The best sim for travel
I Travel the world regularly and find this sim and app easy to use in all the countries to receive and call anybody the quick and helpful support is great

Comments
TravelSim Official

We really appreciate your review and love travelling with you as well. Thanks so much :)

Amzing response thankyou :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

Never actually got around to using the product so can't comment on it - but - asked for a refund as it was not required and full refund provided within a couple of days. So impressed! Thankyou so much :)

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi saff, Thank you for your review. We hope you'll give us a go on your next holiday.

1 of 17 pages