Verified Customer

great service, hindered by no hotspot

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

TravelSim is a great service, easy to sue and works as expected except that you cant hot spot - so you need a sim for every device - which is what we will do next time

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Read the small print.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

It is great when it is in range of a signal. The small print needs to be read well as the sim cards don't work in all countries of Europe. If you use your data in a country that doesn't recognise your data card , the data is charged from your phone credit and you soon run out of credit without knowing it.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hello. The TravelSim does work all throughout Europe. It seems you might have added one of our EU Data Packs to your sim and yes, these do not work all throughout Europe, they only work within the ... read more »

Well you could have told me this fact before committing to an account with you. My wife got a much better and cheaper deal by purchasing a sim in Italy. So your travel sim is not all that economica... read more »

Perfect for travellers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Prepaid service no surprises when you get home.
I had my sim for almost 4 years now.
Call centre is easy to reach and they are very helpful.
App is easy to use.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We love hearing from our long time customers! We strive to ensure our customers experience the best customer service possible and we hope to travel again with you soon.

Reliable worked ok in UK AND ITALY

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

All good piece of mind while overseas. Researched many sims, and yours gave the best review's.sim picked good partner signals no drop outs so far. Would recommend to others travelling europe.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thanks for leaving a review Davo, we appreciate you taking the time to do so. Thanks for choosing TravelSim!

Seamless communication in Europe

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

The Travelsim overseas teavel SIM card works perfectly everywhere we have been, in Italy, France, Switzerland and Spain. It has been tried and tested over 2 separate trips and it really does work seamlessly, even in the remote places that we have been in the Alps. The setup is easy and the price of service is good. The customer support is excellent if help is ever needed. The data pack is brilliant, would be even more brilliant if Switzerland could be included for data pack coverage. I recommend highly. It is a great product.

Comments
TravelSim Official

It is great to see you enjoy using TravelSim as much as we do, our support team do work hard too offer the best customer service possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with som... read more »

Good to know you can be contacted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

While travelling recently 2 months in the UK and Scandinavia I found TravelSIM very useful. Particularly being able to text family while on a flight which had been changed then delayed. The easy top up facility and checking of balance is good. However having to use your credit in 6 months or loose it is a big negative.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Sally, thank you so much for your lovely review. Your feedback has been passed onto our managements team. We hope to travel again with you soon.

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

We have used Travelsim for a number of years but recently they have changed to a local number.For our present trip we purchased data and have been unable to use it. TravelSims response on three occasions to our requests has been the same as the booklet. Have asked for a supervisor but they only work 9 to 5 AEST, great when you are OS. Now calls can not be made from Portugal but again only response is they will look into it!!!!!!!

So we have no data and no telephone capability and I do not think TravelSim on the Gold Coast care.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hello. We do apologise for the problems you have encountered overseas, we definitely do care and strive to offer the best customer support we possibly can. Can you please message us your TravelSim... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Poor service, lets you down when you need it and over priced service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Took two sims to Europe, when we needed it, it would not find a service, when I did finally get the sims to work iwhen back in Australia it drained the money I put on in no time after a few very short phone calls. Would never bother again, just buy a sim overseas, much cheaper and more reliable without all the fuss setting it up.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review. Please message us your TravelSim phone number so we can investigate as to what happened for you. Thank you.

Verified Customer

Excellent value and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I have used TravelSIM for many years and have been impressed by their responsive support team. The app makes using the service easy, and it is great to know our family can keep in touch with calls and SMS.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hello Ian, great to see you enjoy using TravelSim. We hope to travel again with you soon.

Reliable overseas sim card

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I have been using TravelSIM since 2013. Reliable and Simple to use. l love the App, where you can check your credit balance anytime, and add credit if you need. Highly recommend this Sim overseas as coverage was strong in UK, Europe, Canada and USA.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review and are happy to see you love our app as much as we do! Thank you.

Great to have.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

We use telephone only to be in touch with Aus family and have had travelsim for 6 years. We travel in country France for three months and it has always been available. We no longer need to chase prepaid cards. Had difficulty getting on to my sister travelling overseas (wrong number given to us) and when we phoned a very pleasant staff member with no accent was extremely friendly, efficient and helpful.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such a wonderful review! Please know that we are available 24/7 if you do need us again whilst traveling.

Very handy. Made everything easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Many times we were without wifi. My friends struggled with their sims for both data and calling. I had no difficulty with calling or texting using travelsim in any of the countries I visited. I did not activate data so cannot comment.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Tricia. We love hearing positive reviews from our customers. We hope to travel again with you soon.

Coffs Harbour

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Waste of money and terrible service was our experience.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

We spent way too much on data with TravelSIM. .They didn’t notify us our data was gone, so it used all our call credit. And when I asked for more data it wax not added,
When we complained we got up to three texts a day, telling me the balance, even when I'd stopped using it and the balance didn't change. One SMS at 3 am, one in middle of the night, no apology for that.
We ended up buying a sim in the country we were in, the guy in the shop set it up for us, easy & and it saved a lot of money.
I have screenshots of all SMS and copies of emails I sent, I will be contacting the Ombudsman,
I feel very strongly about the harassment I received because I complained. You see there seems to be only one person dealing with complaints so you are talking to the person your complaining about!
We aren’t spring chickens but buying a sim, even in Morocco was cheap and easy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TravelSim Official

We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations Robyn.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Let me down when I needed it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

This product is frankly, a con. Calls and data are overpriced, the one time I needed to contact someone via telephone in a first world country the network kept responding 'not enough international bandwidth available at the moment'. I would not use this again

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TravelSim Official

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with TravelSim. Please PM us your TravelSim phone number. We would like to contact you and investigate what happened. Thank you.

Excellent way to be in touch with a family member overseas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Loved being about to sms my husband for free throughout the trip and make any necessary calls or SMS's while we were away at a very low cost. WIll definitely use it again!

Comments
TravelSim Official

It's great to see your needs are being met, Netti. Thanks for the great review, and thanks for choosing TravelSim!

Staying in touch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Makes staying in touch with family easy and affordable. Also helps with getting any information on places and things to do at your travelling destination.
Easy credit check prevents from phonebill blowout.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thanks for the kind words Anna, we strive to offer a friendly and affordable service for all of our customers. Thank you for choosing TravelSim.

Don’t travel without Travelsim.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

No hassles & very cost effective. Worked great in all countries. No need to call-back, just add the country code to your contacts & away you go. Data, messages, or calls worked perfectly with all carriers.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you Graham, we appreciate you taking the time to review our product and performance. Can't wait to travel with you again.

Travel Sim for personal satey issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Whilst I do not typically use Travel Sim for most of my overseas calls (I use Facetime) I find it comforting to have on board to use in emergency situations because I have it pre-loaded with relevant numbers for each country visited. I have copped International Roaming charges before, and well know how that feels at the end of a holiday.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Brian, thank you for the review! Great to hear from you and hope to travel again with you soon :)

greatest phone card ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

I travel overseas 10 times a year and i only had international roaming on my phone.When i would get home i would be greeted with so monster phone bills. I was paying a phone bill one day at the post office when the lady there told me about Travel Sim. It is without a doubt the best phone card ever. my phone call costs are massively reduced. The staff at Travel Sim are the friendliest and most helpful people that you could ever do business with.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We love to hear from our happy customers, Greg. Thanks for choosing TravelSim!

• 3 comments
  • 9 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Waste of money. Use free local wifi instead

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Spent $240 on Travelsim over 4 weeks during our Europe tour. Didn't make a single voice call with that. Most of that was gobbled up in data. We soon learned to wait until we could connect with free wifi usually at our lodgings and steer clear of the Travelsim. Could not connect to a voice network at all in France. $65 remaining when we returned to AU is useless to us and non-refundable.
There are some excellent social messaging apps out there for staying in touch. We'll do it differently next time.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TravelSim Official

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with TravelSim. Please feel free to PM us your TravelSim phone number. We would be more than happy to contact you and investigate what went wrong. Thank you.

1 of 18 pages

If I insert the Travel Sim do I still keep my previous emails on record and can I continue to use my original WhatsApp and Facebook. Do they eat into my data?

Jill Mac asked on Aug 08, 2018

Yes to all 4 questions.

Thank you for your answer...

Yes, you will keep all of you apps/ photos, contacts etc. that are saved to the phone.
As for your apps using data, yes they will. Apps can run in the background of your phone even when you are not using it. We recommend to turn data roaming off when not using the internet to stop this from happening. Just turn data roaming on when you want to use it.

How long is my TravelSIM valid from date of purchase. I purchased my sims around April but did not activate as my trip was deferred to September. Are my sims still valid?

Bis asked on Jul 24, 2018

Answer this

The Travelsim credit is valid for 6 months from the date the credit is added. The sim itself will only expire if it goes a period of a year and no credit has been added to it. We will send you out email reminders when any credit is due to expire, and when the sim is due to expire, so you can extend it over and continue using. Please call us on 1300851676 to speak with a customer service representative to discuss your accounts in details. Thank you.

think 6 months, try activating and they will tell you

Thank you. You answered my question fully.

I've loaded the app onto my mobile but when I try to run it I get a message 'unfortunately travelsim has stopped'. I've tried turning the phone off and back on, uninstalled the app and reloaded, and cleared the app data. Any ideas? It's a Samsung gt-s5310B

GretavdR asked on Jul 18, 2018

Answer this

Suggest you talk to travel sim they are very helpfil

I agree, the help system is amazing.

Hello. We would love to call and assist. Please Private Message us your Travelsim phone number and contact details so we can help you out otherwise feel free to call us anytime on 1300851676.