My Overseas Travelling Companion !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Simple to Use. Have found their support service first class. Great coverage and easy to navigate app. I have used this service for a number of years now and will continue to do so when travelling. Good product Travel Sim !!

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thanks for your review Peter, we cannot wait to travel with you again soon.

Great rates

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I bought 2 TravelSim(Euro) for us. Excellent coverage in Germany,France,Spain,Austria,Prague, Slovakia. Budapest, Hungary had delayed coverage. Normally there is an alert sms as soon as you arrive in a country covered by this sim but Budapest was delayed for a few hours. We were only there for 4 hours and irony of that was the sms alert came in as we were leaving the country.
Initially I only wanted to use it for our holiday to Europe in August. I was surprised it was still active in December for my next Europe travel.All I had to do was to top the call and data. Good to see I had left over balance from my last trip still available. Very happy with TravelSim and their support as well. The App was user friendly to top up and check balance. I have used many other companies selling global sims. Cheers

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to share you experience.

So easy for us not familiar with technolgy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

TravelSim had three important aspects - easy of use of the Simcards - an App to support us - and a call centre to support us - perfect and reassuring

Comments
TravelSim Official

We love to hear that our customers find us easy to deal with. Our goal is to make your travel better and it looks like we met the brief for you. Thanks.

Gold Coast

unreliable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Bought the travel sim & Europe data package for travel through south China and Europe. China worked fine, but had no data connection in Heidelberg, Bonn, Manheim, Budapest, Prague and spotty connection in London of all places. Extremely inconvenient because I needed internet for work and can't wander the streets looking for free wifi. When the balance dropped below $5 I was unable to call or use data again... without internet, it was impossible to add credit on the app or call customer management. I'd say this sim card is not for Germany, Hungary and London.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Traveller x, this sounds like a strange experience and I wonder if your data pack did not activate. Would you mind replying to my private message as I'd like to investigate what went wrong.

The data pack did activate - worked fine in Frankfurt, Esslingen, Bamburg and France then occasionally in London.

A Travellers Must Have!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

My latest holiday I decided to try a different travel sim as I wanted something more reliable. I had initial concerns when texting other Travelsims didn’t work & customer service wasn’t what I expected. However, the two cards my sister and I had, were replaced and always functioned correctly after that. While travelling, any questions I had were always answered without delay. Do purchase a ‘data pack’ as this is great value when out and about & much more convenient & less distracting than searching around for free wifi. I would like to see on the app or website, a figure showing the remaining balance of the “data pack”. Great value & ready to use on arrival overseas.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for your review, our aim is to always make travel easier and safer for our customers.

Pleased we bought TravelSIM

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

My partner and I travelled to France for 10 weeks in August 2017. We had no problems using TravelSim. It worked really well for us in France in both phones - even in some of the smaller villages. Really pleased we had heard about it and found an agency an hour away from where we live that we could buy the SIM cards from, before we left NZ. Thanks!!!

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear that we helped make your holiday easier.

Verified Customer

Poor service in some countries. Data and phone reception on and off. No guarantees.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

We used the TravelSim in Italy, Slovenia and Austria, which were considered Zone 1 countries and were supposed to give my family and I coverage in the areas we were travelling to. In Rome, we couldn't hear the other person on the phone. Data was unavailable on some phones even though we purchased the European data pack. I had to call the support team at least five times to have it resolved and the same instructions were always given which was to try another network available to us, which was unsuccessful in solving our problem. Also not included in the T&C's is that Internet data cannot be shared (i.e. you can't use your phone as a hotspot). We ended up receiving an additional 1GB of data free of charge however it was a long and frustrating process and the customer centre had promised follow up from their support team twice, which never happened. I found this product unreliable as it did not fulfil our need to use internet for Google Maps or to contact one another.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Stephanie, we are so sorry that you had a bad experience with the SIM, we'd like to chat to you about it, I've sent a PM to you.

Simplicity.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Download the free app then everything else is so easy when you travel. I wouldn't go oversees without my'n, this is the best Travel SIM I have had. I also gave one to my granddaughter for her school trip to Vietnam, it was topped up when needed by her Mum from home.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Glen, thanks so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that you found the SIM reliable and easy to use.

Don’t bother there are much cheaper ways of having a phone overseas

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

What a rip off, I am pretty good at reading fine print but the fine print on this service is microscopic. When someone rings you overseas for the normal rates they would pay you pay a premium rate to get the call!!!! To make free texts to a partner sim you must keep on your mobile stat and it is constantly being used by your apps or something, I never did find out just keep losing money. I will never use this service again and I will tell everyone I know to just use a communication app with data on a local sim.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We are really sorry you had this experience. Any roaming international calls are charged to make and receive calls however we are sorry that this was not clear when you purchased the SIM. I will pass on this feedback to our marketing team.

Keeping in touch is easy and affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

TravelSim is an easy and affordable way to keep in touch wherever you travel around the world. There is no chance of getting a horror mobile change when you get home.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thanks for your review Gavin, really appreciate it.

Melbourne

Private message

Did not live up to expectations

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Spent two weeks in Cambodia. While I was able to text I was unable to make any telephone calls including their help line. I kept receiving a message say that the telephone number is invalid, yet the some number worked on the text. Twenty fours hours in Thailand managed one telephone call but unable from the airport. I knew before hand that travel sim had no coverage in Myanmar.
In Australia unable to ring 13 or 1300 numbers.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Trev, would you mind sharing your TravelSIM number via private message, I'd like to get one of our engineers to check what went wrong. I can tell you that 13 or 1300 numbers do not work from an ... read more »

TravelSim Official

Hi Trev, we have been trying to call you. I think we keep missing you. Is there a good time to call?

Further to my earlier post TravelSIM claim that there was a network problem in Cambodia not a SIM problem. I was able to use a Cambodian SIM to make telephone calls.

Trev

Great value simple to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Great sim for Spain, France, Italy and UK (for us that's where our trip took us) and this sim was so easy to use and affordable. Easy to recharge. Simple to use just exchanged sims when out of OZ.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Appreciate your review Sally, we are happy to hear that the SIM was easy to use and controlled how much you spent. Can't wait to travel with you again soon.

great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

This new Travel SIM card has been much easier to use to keep in tough with my family and friends while I am away. Data has been reliable and I use lots for navigation when I'm in unknown area. I can not go overseas without it!

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thanks for your review, It's great to have reliable mapping when you're in a foreign city. So glad you found our SIM made your travel safer.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Couldn't make calls to another TravelSim unless connected to WiFi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

My husband and I bought the Travel Sim so that whilst travelling in India and Nepal we would be able to contact each other outside of hotels or WiFi connections. However every time we tried this it showed a message that said. You must be connected to WiFi. I tried everything to get it to work. A fellow traveller had the same problem. She eventually bought an Indian SIM. We paid $25 each for the Sims and put $25 on each SIM to allow us to contact each other. Can you explain why we had this problem?

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hi Maro, I'd like to investigate further, would you mind private messaging your TravelSIM number. My first thoughts are that the phone may not have connected to a network automatically, so in order... read more »

My TravelSim No is 0489906243 and my husbands was 0489906156. However we have now reverted back to our Australian nos in our mobiles so I guess those nos are no longer in use. But if you can find out the reason for this dilemma I'd be grateful.

TravelSim Official

Thank you, I've asked one of our senior engineers to investigate and give you a call on your Australia number.

5+years satisfied user

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

TravelSim has been a cost effective way of keeping in touch with family and friends whilst overseas. The data has been reliable and fast as well. It has worked on every phone I’ve owned. Customer Support has been friendly and efficient.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for the wonderful review! Great to hear you enjoyed the Travelsim service and our customer support team is here for you 24/7 if you do need us. Thank you again.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Verified Customer

So many types of numbers that don't work.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Text and calls don't work. Premium numbers apparently don't work, such as free call numbers to, say Hertz, Canaryfly, hotels, apartment providers etc etc. Thought I had a product that allowed me to make phone calls. Well, only in limited curcumstances. Had issues with texting with the old Estonian number system but the new +61 number is a complete joke. Have better things to do with my holiday than seek assistance from call centre who feel my pain but can't do much.

Comments
TravelSim Official

We thank you for leaving us a review. Can you please private message us your Travelsim phone number so we can have our customer service representatives look into what went wrong for you. We would love to resolve this issue for you.

Good luck with that. As per other reviews the suggestion I do forensic work providing others carrier info, time of calls etc is laughable. What is private messaging anyway?

TravelSim Official

Private messaging is an option on this website you can send us a message where no one else can see it so you can send us your Travelsim number in private. You can also email us on support@travelsim... read more »

Batemans Bay

• 1 answer

Stay away from the new Australian-based SIM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

i had the old travel sim & used it successfully several times overseas without issue. This time i accepted the offer of their new sim with the australian-based number & its been nothing but a disaster. STAY AWAY FROM THE NEW SIM!! Ive been in western europe in a capital city for the past 6 weeks & have had no txt message service to or from any european number. I also had intermittent phone service, whereby I would dial a number & get a message stating the number I dialed does not exist. I'd try twice more & then miraculously it would connect. Travel sim has been troubleshooting the problem with me for 6 weeks but their only answer is that they found my messages were apparently delivered to the various carriers & the problem must lie with them. They then wanted me to contact all of the various numbers i had texted & get them to contact their carrier to fix the problem - multiple numbers & multiple carriers, ALL mysteriously not functioning with travel sim originated sms. Interestingly, I sent & received the same messages to & from the same european numbers with my telstra sim (at significant cost) & EVERY message was received successfully. When i repeated sending the same messages again with my travel sim over several days using 3 different phones, NONE of the messages were received. Despite their various attempts at assistance, their eventual solution was unhelpful & unrealistic - the problem is SPECIFIC to the travel sim & THEY need to resolve it with the carriers, NOT the end user. Will be utilising a local SIM next time in Europe.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Hello Steve. Thank you for your review. As a valued TravelSIM customer, we would like to make this right for you. Could you please PM us us and provide your Travelsim phone numbers. We would love to resolve this for you.

Hi, TravelSim. Thanks for your reply - I've had some difficulty in finding how to PM you on this site, as the field where you have replied to me does not allow a direct PM. After receiving advice ... read more »

TravelSim Official

Hi Steve, I've sent you a PM.

Easy to use and recharge with the app

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Just holidayed South America, Cuba and Mexico

Travelsim although not working in a couple of countries visited ( i.e. Ecuador & Cuba) worked well elsewhere.

The app to track expenditure and recharge makes it simple to use

Preloading international prefixes to contacts that we would be ringing while on holidays as suggested by Travelsim also made calling effortless

Will maintain the sim and account for future trips

John G

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thanks John. Yes, the app makes dialing easier and we are glad to hear that you enjoy using both the sim and the app. Can't wait to travel with you next time.

Winmalee

• 6 comments
  • 11 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Easy to set up and cheap to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

We have been using Travelsim for many years. Recently we used it in the UK, France and Portugal and calls to Australia were only 25C per minute which is really great.
I am considering using it as my preferred sim within Australia as it is far cheaper than my current sim plan.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you for the great review John. Our customer support team is 24/7 if you need us.

Great problem free way of communication

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

I've used Travel Sim for the last 7 years travelling to Europe without a problem. It's a great way to maintain phone contact without having to change the Sim for different countries or continents. Wouldn't be without it.

Comments
TravelSim Official

Thank you John for your review and your continual support. We look forward to traveling again with you shortly.

1 of 15 pages

Cruising the Pacific and Fiji shortly and want to know if we can get a travel data sim for wifi as the cruise line charges are extortionate!

Del asked on Jan 10, 2018

Answer this

This is the link to their page that show their rates and cruise lines. https://www.travelsim.net.au/Rates/ I would suggest contacting TravelSIM direct as they are very helpful.

Thanks, did contact them and they are even dearer than the cruise ship for using wifi so I will just check things at home when onland.

Where do you buy a travel sim from? Is it only over the internet and what is the length of delivery time?

Alg asked on Oct 10, 2017

Answer this

We bought the two sim package so that we could text each other overseas. Read about it online and ended up ringing and spoke with a consultant. Delivery was only a few days. You must have an unlocked phone though. Very happy as we were away for 3 months. Only used it as a phone. Accessed internet via hotel Wifi.

You can buy online or at Australia Post. Online delivery is only a couple of days. I use for phone calls and text. Use wifi in hotels etc.

many thanks Jeff and Richard.
Good to have your feedback..they seem to have the best reviews

My mother is currently traveling through Europe and is unable to use the travelsim. It is her first time travelling on her own and we prep purchased this for her to provide peace of mind.However, the service is failing, she's not receiving texts and is unable to make or send texts???? Any help?

Cos asked on Sep 26, 2017

Answer this

Sorry ,no help for you,we test our phones before we leave Aust to ensure connection, may go to travelsim on your mothers behalf. They will help if possible

This is from the TravelSIM website
If you are unable to send a SMS please try the below steps.
1. Check your Balance - You need available credit to send a SMS unless SMS is being sent to another TravelSIM or Customer Support (+61 427 841 501)

2. Check the number - Check you are sending your SMS in full international format. E.G. + 61 489 999 999 (to an Australian mobile or TravelSIM).
The international format is + <country code> <phone number dropping the leading zero>

3. Delete your Outbox - Any SMS that are failing or have failed to send, can stop other SMS's from being sent. If you have any failed, SMS please delete these and try again.

TIP: If using an iPhone, ensure iMessage is switched off. Go to setting > iMessage > off.

Have you tried sending her an SMS via the TravelSIM website? I would call them on her behalf.

To add to the above, there is a reset of the SMS centre which we can do. We are happy to call your mum and help her out. PM us her TravelSIM number and we will call to assist. Or you can have her call us on +61 2 8668 7500, we are open 24/7.