Filter By:

Sydney

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Good value, great customer service and easy claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Great value excess insurance (or "secondary insurance" as they call it in the US) to cover rental car companys' standard excess in Australia.

Customer service is also very helpful over the phone for anything that can not be done on the website.

Tripcover policies are issued by Allianz Global Assistance and I found claiming to be generally quite easy, as long as you supply the paperwork and evidence to support it. Unlike other travel insurers they do not usually require the originals to be mailed to them.

Comments
Tripcover Official

Thanks Will, some useful information for me as well as potential customers.

Great service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Simple process and very helpful staff. I had a query about renting across 2 States on consecutive days (but with different rental agreements) and received an immediate response to my email. The product offers good options for cover, great value when compared with others in the market and I will definitely be back with Tripcover next time I rent a car.

something to think about

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

i only found out about you through a friend who hires out cars i think your services should be more widely advertised as the service and price is right on the mark

Comments
Tripcover Official

I agree in part, but we mainly rely on word of mouth and reviews such as yours.
It is an expensive process doing pure advertising, especially for a new category of insurance. Hopefully slow and steady will win the race.

Good value Australian car excess insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Good cover cost for car rental i Australia. No slug for older driver. Cost better than others looked at, no un-required frills, around $6 a day, whereas car hire companies 3 times this per day.

2nd time i've used trip cover and will continue to use it!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Great value and easy to use. I saved nearly $100 by using trip cover instead of going through the rental company and only takes a couple of minutes to set up. Excellent.

Launceston

Private message

clicked tax invoice but not sent

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Hi all
I clicked for tax invoice but not sent,two emails but no Tax Invoice and no link to resend,now have to waste time chasing it up,
But this is one of the best priced insurance
It would be nice for them to read this review and send invoice (lets see if they read them :)
Cheers Garry

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tripcover Official

Garry can you check your spam folder, your bigpond and our emailer does not seem to work well together. I will resend the invoice now.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Nice and easy to navigate website and affordable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

The site was very easy to navigate around website and also called the customer service line and they were very friendly and helpful. Also very good value for money. Would recommend.

sooo good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

I cant believe the money ive saved by dealing with Tripcover instead of going through the rental car company.
Quick and easy, no hassle will not hesitate to use them again and again
Rob

• 1 answer
Private message

One of the better online experiences...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I find tripcover good value, easy to use and flexible. Purchasing the initial cover was easy, straightforward and inexpensive. I couldn't figure out whether or how I could extend my cover online, so I called customer support, who answered quickly and within a minute or two my cover was extended.

• 1 answer

Amazing price for cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Cannot believe how much cheaper than anywhere else I looked Tripcover was. Hopefully I don't have to make a claim but at least I can relax and enjoy my trip without worrying about a huge excess if anything does happen. Very satisfied with their service. Yvonne

Best insurance cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Tripcover is the best insurance company I have ever used. Their prices are reasonable and their service is outstanding. I would definitely recommend this service to anyone who is looking for cheap insurance when hiring a rental vehicle.

Comments
Tripcover Official

This review is going into the pool room! Thanks Anthony

Private message

Very cheap, very easy and quick to get a quote and apply. Excellent!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Very cheap, very easy and quick to get a quote and apply. Also, it covers tyre and windscreen, and you can pay by PayPal, so no charge for credit card! Highly recommended. Excellent!!!!!

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

A top quality, easy to use website for an excellent product. I have introduced it to family and friends. But what will I do when I turn 76 in 2018?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tripcover Official

We are working on this Alan.....coming soon.

Sydney

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

by far the best insurance company I dealt with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Whole process of rental car insurance claim was extremely easy and transparent. No hidden catch, no excessive paperwork, no need to call different departments to find our what is happening to your case. They simply paid what was promised

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tripcover Official

Wow Dmitry, thanks for the great review, I am so pleased that we (Allianz and Tripcover) could fulfill your needs & expectations

Very Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

Very nice products
It was very easy to set up
Cheaper cover and good value
We will keep in mind to use this trip cover
And introduce to our friends

Insurance claim made

Did not disappoint...beyond expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

I am so happy I chose to have insurance, I am even happier I went with Tripcover. Had a slight accident, put in a claim, received my money ( after paying rental company) from the insurance company within a week. Very happy customer...GREAT VALUE.

too easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

all 1st class. provides peace of mind and no hidden charges which in itself as far as booking anything on line is quite amazing. Will keep on using tripcover each trip.

Verified Customer

CHEAPER than cover offered by car companies!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Cheaper than cover rental cars offered . The rental car people use it themselves. Never claimed so can't comment on claims, which is why I only put 4 stars. Would be good to hear from someone who has claimed....

Comments
Tripcover Official

Hi Jackie, thanks for the nice review. Here is a list of all claims reviews, there is a tick box for filtering claims that I just found now. http://www.productreview.com.au/p/tripcover.html?pr_fron... read more »

Good value cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Good value cover. Only short term rental but it provided us with peace of mind that were covered - especially in a busy city like Sydney! Very easy to set up.

Verified Customer

Peace of mind for lowest price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

Recommend from a friend a few years back and use TripCover for 3 times ever since when I hire a rental car to travel in Australia. Have not claimed so far. Buying insurance is a must to help keep peace of mind for just in case. Highly recommend!!!

1 of 4 pages

Hi Trip Cover, I am looking at renting a car from Melbourne airport with East Coast Car Rentals and I am wondering whether you cover vehicles from this company before I purchase your cover? Kind Regards Jordan

JD Sparkz asked on Feb 10, 2018

Answer this

Sure Jordan we cover all licensed rental vehicle companies

Hi TC, I'm thinking of hiring a camper van or motorhome (Britz) from Perth and travelling up Darwin. The excess is approximately $5000. Do you do excess reduction for campers and/or motorhomes? Thanks Peter H

Peter H asked on Jan 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Peter, yes we do but we only offer $4000, or $6000 which means you can take out either and be over covered by $1000 for the $6000 policy or be under covered by $1000 for the $4000 policy

Do you still have to leave your credit card or deposit with car hire company once you have paid their rental if you take out a policy with Tripcover or is this then waivered?

Bugsy asked on Jan 09, 2018

Answer this

Yes, the rental company will put a hold on some credit on your card, mainly to establish that they have your cc details and can deduct money
in the event of an accident.

From my experience yes.