Filter By:

Domestic standalone car rental excess cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Cheapest domestic standalone car rental excess cover I could find (plus frequent flyer 5% discount ! ) Easy to use website with a breakdown of the number of hours protected (no 2nd guessing) - highly recommend

Far less expensive than going through the car hire company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I didn't realize you could book excess insurance other than through the car hire company until I did a little research and this is a far more economical way to do it. We haven't actually needed to use the insurance (as yet) but I will update if we do.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Don't waste money on AER

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I am a long term Hertz fan and continue to support their brand whenever I rent a car. When I am not on corporate travel or otherwise covered by Travel insurance I refuse to pay for the rip-off $24/day AER charged by all Rental Car companies, instead I cover myself with this excellent product from Tripcover and Allianz.

Their service is great and the price is reasonable.

Couldnt believe they would be so forthcoming!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

Took out excess cover for my daughter as premium was lower than others and easy to set up. When my daughter was "forced" to take out excess cover again with rental car company to avoid $2000 bond , I contacted Tripcover with a view to cancelling. Although it was already the first day of cover, to my surprise and delight they agreed to refund her full amount. I am gobsmacked by this level of service and common sense.Will undoubtedly use again.AAA+

Hervey Bay

• 4 answers
Private message

This is my go to rental insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

This company gives great price, peace of mind insurance that makes car renting sensible. I would definitely recommend this service.

• 1 comment

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Like the idea of actually getting car rental cover without the rental company taking a cut..got covered for a lot less than what the rental company wanted. But no claims made.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

What it Doesn't cover!

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

The claim was paid less admin fees. This is stated in the What we Will Not Pay section of the PDS. But without knowing what these fees could be it's of little use in making a purchase decision. The admin costs to me were more than the amount I saved by using the TC insurance instead of buying from Enterprise. Lesson learned.

Comments
Tripcover Official

Hi Russell, thanks for the feedback I am still waiting for Allianz to get back to me on this issue and how to improve our information on our site and to redress your out of pocket expense to some degree due to our lack of disclosure.

Blackwood

Always Good Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Easy to set up on app and always half price of rental company.
Never Had to make claim, but dont hope to either
Always get email with cover, and details

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

I didn't have to make a claim but had questions and needed to change the detail in my policy. This was handled in a friendly and professional way via email chats!

Private message

Stops the rorting of insurance premiums by car rental companies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Absolutely a fair price for excess cover for car rental.
Simple to set up online.
I've never needed to make a claim in several dealings with tripcover so I cannot speak for customer service, but I certainly hope it would be as per other positive reviews I've read.
BZ

Comments
Tripcover Official

Thanks BZ, If you or any of our customer's claims process has not been satisfactory you can contact us directly at email @ Tripcover.com.au and we will get in touch with Allianz to see what we can do. We are on your side :)

Sydney

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Good value, great customer service and easy claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Great value excess insurance (or "secondary insurance" as they call it in the US) to cover rental car companys' standard excess in Australia.

Customer service is also very helpful over the phone for anything that can not be done on the website.

Tripcover policies are issued by Allianz Global Assistance and I found claiming to be generally quite easy, as long as you supply the paperwork and evidence to support it. Unlike other travel insurers they do not usually require the originals to be mailed to them.

Comments
Tripcover Official

Thanks Will, some useful information for me as well as potential customers.

Great service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Simple process and very helpful staff. I had a query about renting across 2 States on consecutive days (but with different rental agreements) and received an immediate response to my email. The product offers good options for cover, great value when compared with others in the market and I will definitely be back with Tripcover next time I rent a car.

something to think about

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

i only found out about you through a friend who hires out cars i think your services should be more widely advertised as the service and price is right on the mark

Comments
Tripcover Official

I agree in part, but we mainly rely on word of mouth and reviews such as yours.
It is an expensive process doing pure advertising, especially for a new category of insurance. Hopefully slow and steady will win the race.

Good value Australian car excess insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Good cover cost for car rental i Australia. No slug for older driver. Cost better than others looked at, no un-required frills, around $6 a day, whereas car hire companies 3 times this per day.

2nd time i've used trip cover and will continue to use it!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Great value and easy to use. I saved nearly $100 by using trip cover instead of going through the rental company and only takes a couple of minutes to set up. Excellent.

Launceston

Private message

clicked tax invoice but not sent

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Hi all
I clicked for tax invoice but not sent,two emails but no Tax Invoice and no link to resend,now have to waste time chasing it up,
But this is one of the best priced insurance
It would be nice for them to read this review and send invoice (lets see if they read them :)
Cheers Garry

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tripcover Official

Garry can you check your spam folder, your bigpond and our emailer does not seem to work well together. I will resend the invoice now.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Nice and easy to navigate website and affordable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

The site was very easy to navigate around website and also called the customer service line and they were very friendly and helpful. Also very good value for money. Would recommend.

sooo good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

I cant believe the money ive saved by dealing with Tripcover instead of going through the rental car company.
Quick and easy, no hassle will not hesitate to use them again and again
Rob

Private message

One of the better online experiences...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I find tripcover good value, easy to use and flexible. Purchasing the initial cover was easy, straightforward and inexpensive. I couldn't figure out whether or how I could extend my cover online, so I called customer support, who answered quickly and within a minute or two my cover was extended.

• 1 question

Amazing price for cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Cannot believe how much cheaper than anywhere else I looked Tripcover was. Hopefully I don't have to make a claim but at least I can relax and enjoy my trip without worrying about a huge excess if anything does happen. Very satisfied with their service. Yvonne

1 of 4 pages