Review rating:

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Thank you True Value Homes! Beautiful investment property!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

A massive thank you to True Value Homes, Vince took the time to go through all the processes of building and helped me build a great investment property. Jessica took the time to go through different colour schemes as I am building two homes with true value homes and wanted them to look different from a visual point of view. Quality throughout the home was like their display Homes, True Value Homes are a growing company and deliver a quality product. I highly recommend them to friends and family.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Thank You Maria, Vince, Rob and the rest of the True Value Homes team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I dealt with Maria at sales who was absolutely fantastic helping me find a home suitable to my budget, moving from this process I dealt with Vince who explained the building processes and the companies point of difference, compared to major builders, True Value Homes is a family business and dealing with them directly was a great experience. Jessica was great with colour selections helping me choose schemes that would suit my home. Rob (Site Supervisor) showed a great attention to detail when it came to the inspections, I was continually updated throughout the entire build.

I am looking to build another investment in the near future and will build with them again.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great Service from True Value Homes.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

I was very impressed with Sharon from True Value Homes. Sharon had lots of knowledge, spent the time to go through everything from floorplan, inclusions, to complete turn-key as the home will be an investment property. True Value have a wide selection of inclusions and it made things easy when it came to internal and external schematics on hand. I was able to see different styles and options which help me determine what would suit the home as an investor range home. Upon this process, I had a colour selection appointment with Jessica who was fantastic, she gave me multiple options from kitchen, bathroom and ensuite to even landscaping options ensuring it would accommodate a maintenance free approach as an investment. I like the fact that they're transparent, gave me all the information and time to make my decision after several appointments. Thank You, Sharon, Vince, Jessica and all the staff at True Value Homes.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

So far our journey with True Value Homes has been fantastic :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Thank You, True Value Homes for offering amazing homes with heaps of floorplans to choose from and generous inclusions that made our dream home feel like Hollywood!!

At first, we found out about True Value through a family friend and had a look at their range online, upon seeing the range of floorplans we decided to go visit gateway estate in Truganina. Our initial point of contact at sales was Sharon who was amazing to deal with as English is our second language, she spoke mandarin which was nice because our parents were able to understand, and she was very patient during the home selection as we would communicate via WeChat outside of business hours.

Our parents kept pushing for us building with a major builder as some are popular names in China but reading reviews and going to visit their display homes we found were very misleading. We found True Value Homes price was a little bit more expensive that major builders but found it was justifiable when we looked at the standard inclusions, they gave a lot more than most so as the process from sales to colours, we found that they were transparent and a true family business who respects the client.

Jessica handled our colour selection which was an amazing experience as a lot of the standard items are normally classed as a luxury item for other builders, we upgraded a few items purely based on personal preference and the style of the home but price variations weren’t much.

We will keep you posted about our dream home and hopefully be able to show progress photos along the way.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Thank you for delivering your promise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Quality build at prices to suit your budget. A professional team delivering build quality above expectations and before expected completion time. They keep you informed throughout the build process and are flexible in their approach to provide you a stress free build. They are responsive even after handover to fix any issues that arise after you move into your new home. Thank you Team True Value Homes!

melbourne

• 1 answer

Very Happy, Fantastic Quality Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

If you are looking at building I would highly recommend True Value Homes. I was impressed with the Quality of the finishes & build. Our build manager Rob was great, very professional & friendly always at the ready to meet at the house and answer any questions about the build. There was Great communication throughout the build with constant updates and friendly service from the team. Our Thanks to the team for making everything so easy.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Thank You to all True Value Homes staff! Very happy with my new home :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I traveled to Melbourne, the world’s most livable city in the world around a year ago. During that week, I came the idea of buying a house for holiday and retirement. I looked for a few house and land packages through real estate agents but couldn’t make my mind of going ahead. The reason was because of the price, and also the way it worked. As I know the whole building process would take a while and would be more complicated, I preferred to have the direct contact with the builder. Then I met the Chinese consultant from True Value Homes, who took me to purchase the land and we signed up on building as well in the next day. Not like the other builders’ which made a lot of upgrading in the displays, their display house at Gateway estate is quite standard but decent, which I believe was good enough for a holiday house. After I went back to China, we kept in contact via emails and web chat. The whole process was going smoothly as everything got sorted efficiently. The communication was so clear and easy and I had always been building up trust with them. When the construction started, they always sent updates to me almost every week to keep me in the loop. And at the end of each stage I would receive photos of my house. The handover was brought forward around 2 months ahead. On the day of handover, I came to Melbourne in person, and ordered furniture from Ikea. What made me so happy was the house was completely ready to move in with oven and hot water ready. So I lived in the house on the day. The finishes were fantastic and the quality was the same as their display home.

I would like to thank all True Value Homes staff and recommend them to any overseas buyers like me who wants to get a hassle free experience in building in Melbourne.

Customer-oriented star builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Right from the start, we were very pleased with Maria Abalos, the sales staff. She was very informative and helped us every time when we had questions. Even when we had some issues with the settlement, she and her team was very patient and helped us as much as they could. It was such a customer-oriented experience and we felt valued!

Our building process also went well as we were very well-informed with every stage of the progress. Rob, the construction manager is knowledgeable and helpful and we can see that the house is in good hands. Finally, we got our building way before schedule and are very satisfied with the end product.

We are more than happy that they are our builder!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Its been 8 months since we finished building and I'm even more happy than I was when we first moved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I was lucky to have met the Frank who owns the business on my way through the display home. He walked me through the process, gave me a rundown of how he operates, and what my expectations would be from a builder like them. Second time around I was again lucky to meet Vince, who walked through some more of the finer details and described a few things for me to think about when choosing the design. Having being guided by one of the former sales crew, there was an error in the layout we had edited, however Vince came over and straightened everything out with no hassles. Jessica walked us through the selections, and even though my wife wanted a certain theme, I would have let Jessica choose everything for us and plan on letting her choose the next scheme for an investment build when we get to that stage. Through out the build Rob and Amy kept us up-to-date with the progress and sent us photos. Amy was quite accommodating in any questions we had, and Rob ensured if there were items we wanted critically taken care of he would pay close attention to them.

We had acoustic insulation in certain walls, and followed through on updating us on the stage site visits. The build took less than 5 months (including the christmas break) and if it weren't for an error on my behalf, it may have been sooner.
After the build was complete, there were no major issues, we had minor issue of aircon controller needing to be commissioned later on due to manufacturer fault, loose wire on the water heater, loose screw on a toilet and one window lock that I was able to fix myself. All of which were handled by Rob and with no inconvenience to us.
At the 3 month maintenance, there were a few settling cracks, which they gladly sealed, and a missed paint spot on a door that was unnoticeable until random chance of tripping over myself, falling and looking up being within 5cm of it.
8 months on, I probably regret not getting a basic builders landscape done, and putting in a couple more powerpoint in storage closet (for security system) and garage (to plug my future tesla car into 30 years from now).

Advice to anyone considering using them.
- bring pictures/drawings of what you want, they may well have done it before or can get it.
- if you have a powder room, maybe place a small exhaust if you don't have a window.
- advise on existing site conditions, ours was pretty flat, and we saved cash on them not having to do much work levelling it out.
- if its your first time building a house, get things put in by the builder that require getting multiple quotes, people to be present at home, anything time consuming that you might not get to after having your first newborn and a wife asking to put decals on the wall whilst showing family and friends through the house explaining why you've got butchers paper for blinds because the installer suggested something to your wife and now you have to wait 2 weeks for the new stuff to come in.

FAQs

Would I build with them again and why?
Yes, the way they operate, and the end result. Knowing how they do things, and what to ask for will make my next build even better. They're a small builder with big results. If you want double glazing with acoustic treatment in the room next to the kitchen, they can do it, if you want underfloor heating in the bathrooms, first time they did it, and they did it well.

Were they expensive?
You get what you pay for and what you ask for. If you wanted something, they'll put it in, if you didn't ask for it, they won't. If its standard items like handles and lights, it'll be there and it will be standard market quality, not the bargain basement stuff they bought in bulk from a supplier that probably won't be around. I recently looked at a build smaller size and they were more expensive, even without the bells and whistles of higher ceilings and doors.

How long did it take?
Less than 6 months including christmas. is that normal? to them it is. to others, like my sister and friends who have been building with volume builders for over a year its amazing.

If you had to change one thing about your house what would it be?
I'm used to living in apartments close to railways and highways and high density areas. So when its quiet, I can hear eeevvveerrrythingg..... I should have asked for acoustic treatment on all walls and windows etc. Personal preference but thats me. Note: its no different to any other house not louder or quieter. goto the display homes, what you see if what you'll get.

melbourne

• 1 answer

Excellent journey with True Value Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

We dealt with Maria in Sales and she helped us choose our dream home. Our experience with true value homes has been phenomenal throughout. Our site supervisor Rob has been excellent with his skills and knowledge, his attention to detail was impressive. We have heard nightmare stories from our friends building with major builders and did not want to be in that position. We're glad we built with true value homes, no regrets and ready to fill this house with happy memories.

Happy with True Value Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We dealt with maria through the true value homes sales office (point cook) which she helped us through the building process and house design. Jessica spent heaps of time with us ensuring our colours will suit our beautiful home. Rob (site supervisor) has been very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire building process. Excellent quality throughout our new home on handover.

point cook

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Thank You True Value Homes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

When I was travelling in Melbourne around 2 years ago, I purchased a block of land at point cook. I happened to walk through their display and got a house design flyer which can fit on my land. One year later, when my land got settled, as I was not available to travel to Melbourne to choose a builder, I contacted True Value Homs via email and wechat. They got a Chinese sales person to take care of my job throughout the whole process even including the construction and after hand over. As an overseas customer based in china, the whole process is so hassle free to me that I wouldn’t need to worry about any questions not being answered in time. They offered me fixed price quotation when I made my initial deposit, so there was no surprise at contract signing or construction stage. Based on my happy feedback, another two of my friends who were considering to invest in Australia also proceeded with True Value Homes. And they are going through the process smoothly so far.

This, I would recommend True Value Homes to any overseas investors who are looking for a builder or any house & land packages.

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Perfect build, no issues, completed in a timely manner and to a very high standard

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

True Value Homes (TVH) have built our first house and it is amazing. The build was quick and completed to a very high standard of quality.

All the team at TVH that we dealt with were fantastic and very accommodating. Everyone we dealt with at TVH was very helpful and had great experience/knowledge in their area. In particular, we must thank Sue, Jess, Amy, Rob, Vince, Jason and Jade for their outstanding service and commitment to making our build so successful.

The overall workmanship is excellent, construction was to plans with no issues and finished to a very high standard. TVH managed our build very well. We were constantly updated as to the progress of the build with updates covering build stage, what trades were on site and the completion dates. We feel that TVH offer outstanding value and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to build.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Peeress. In customer service, design, build & experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

We were looking for a specific design & by chance we walked into TVH display home & we made a connection with it. Sue was welcoming & easily answered our questions. The hardest part was finding the land. But it all fell in place. The colour selection with Jessica K was easy & we had some design changes that Vince helped us visualise. With Amy constantly updating us & being a sounding board or go to for any queries we found the perfect builder. Our house is exactly what we wanted & Jason made sure we got it to their high standards . As the heading says peerless. Highly recommended & we whole heartedly thank them for our home

Love my new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

The title speaks for itself. True Value Homes have built me a beautiful first home to live in. It's the little things that count and TVH make sure not to skimp out on things to get the build done. Their colour coordinator helped me so much with making my home look beautiful, and their building team have brought it altogether to what it is now. The staff at TVH are lovely and easy to communicate with, and they make sure to keep in contact with you along each and every step of your build. As I work typical working hours, I wasn't able to regularly visit the site but Amy and Rob kept me in the loop and sent pictures regularly to let me know where we were at. I was also told that handover would most likely occur at the end of September. Well, it's the beginning of August and I already have the keys! How often is it that a builder finishes on time, let alone well ahead of schedule?!

I could not be more satisfied with my home and am hoping that I'll be dealing with them again in the near future! Would recommend to anybody, whether you are a first home buyer (like myself) or not, you won't be disappointed!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

They are perfect home builder company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

When we decided to look for builders to build our dream house we came across true value homes . We had such great welcoming customer service while looking for house plan that will suit us best. Than we when to choose our colours and we had all professional help we needed what will look better. Our house is now at lock up stage and the supervisor and True Value House team make sure we are involved in everything.That really helps us to feel more comfortable while our house is growing and looking amazing. We are very excited to see our home finish soon and move in . True Value Homes we can't thank you enough for all the help and support our dream is coming through. If we can rate you a 10 we will do it without thinking

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Complete package:great finishes, exceptional customer service and great overall builder!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

As first home buyers, we didn't know anything about building a new house.

Throughout the whole build we had no issues with the build and the communication was exceptional. E-mails and calls would be answered promptly and willingly, and TVH would encourage the questions.

The quality of the build of the actual house itself is top notch! True Value Homes are really live up to their name and are making a big difference when it comes building a new home/investment/dream.

My wife and I have no regrets in choosing True Value Homes as our builder for our first home and we wouldn't think twice of choosing them again for our next home or investment. We would highly recommend TVH for whose who are looking to build.

Thanks again guys and keep up the amazing work!

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Affordable Yet Very Good Quality Builder.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

It's been a wonderful experience so far with True Value Homes. I am a first home buyer, and I needed a builder who is affordable yet can build really good quality homes. True Value Homes is turning out to be a really good find. My house is at Frame Stage now, and so far they have been phenomenal in every department. Starting from Colour Selections to the stage where I am right now, I have got excellent customer service. I had to make certain variations even after my final contract was signed, and all of these were still very hassle free and smooth. With the construction works so far, they are doing it pretty fast even though it's winter and there are intermittent rains. Based on my experience so far, I would highly recommend True Value Homes to all who wants an affordable yet good looking and good quality homes.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

My house has been handed over last week and I am now living in my newly built True Value Home. I must say, it's looking phenomenal. From paint finish to tile work everything was done meticulously. ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Exceeding expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Being a first home for us and having heard and read about people building with lots of stress
We weren't sure of what to expect.
That all changed when we met the TVH sales person who guided us on the build steps and what comes on each stage.
We then met the support team who worked with us from the planning stage, the colour selection, the option and the regular updates as the build progressed.
We would with no doubt build with True Value Homes again.
The same, we highly recommend True Value Homes to anyone out there who is uncertain of who
to build with.
The finished product is lovely.
Thank you all so much, everyone at True Value Homes.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Excellent workmanship! Brilliant builder!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Vince was very knowledgeable with helping us choose our dream home, this is our first home in Australia so it was a massive decision for us to choose the right builder. From start to finish, amy, jess, frank, jason and vince helped us throughout the build. Jess was excellent during the colour selection and electrical appliances. We also made a few customisations which was excellent for our kitchen area. Our build was on time which jason assisted us from start to finish when we went overseas, sending us photos and information. We highly recommend true value homes to friends and families. The quality of their display home was what we wanted and they delivered. Thank you True Value Homes!

1 of 3 pages