Review rating:

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Very Happy .. Thankyou TVH

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

The build with True Value Homes was a wonderful experience. Outstanding workmanship, excellent customer service from start to finish. Ryan & Rob handled all our queries and concerns promptly and without delay during the build. Amy and Natalie provided regular progress updates. We will recommend True Value Homes to anyone and would be happy to build with them again in the future. Jacqui & Jean-Paul Berthelot

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly a pleasure to work with to make this dream become a reality. We look forward to building your future together!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Good service and the house they build is what you buy from the contract.
Thanks Sharon Dong in Sales that explained all the inclusions and upgrades, assisting with my colour selection process.
Thanks Rob (Site Supervisor) with a great attention to detail which resulted in a extremely high quality build.
Thanks Jade irsic and Sharon who kept me up to date with the build progress with regular emails including progress photos.

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure building for you both. It was even more pleasurable to see both homes completed in the same street. We hope you enjoy your new True Value home!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

This is perfect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Good service and the house they build is what you buy from the contract.

Comments
True Value Homes Official

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Best Builder, Great Quality of Workmanship & Products used, On time Delivery, Wonderful Customer Ser

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

It has been a wonderful experience so far with True Value Home, I would highly recommend it for First Home Owners (who are new and inexperienced of process). Below are specific reasons I am recommending True Value Home

Excellent process and steps during your building process, gives you all detail and get all paperwork beforehand while making contract in Place.I have never seen a day’s delay in getting Building permit, third party inspections, Connections for Electricity, Water, Sewage Gas even to an extend of getting my Opticomm connection (they schedule everything for me)

We had Maria as Sales she had been a wonderful person to give us in depth description and details of all steps involved in Building, very clear with Estate requirements, suggestive and making your requirement much comprehended at the time of making sale, no false commitments and clearing everything that is included in the package.

Jessica had been very effective in working out for Selection process made it so easy that we did it in less than 4 hours (and we are very happy with all colour and other selections – when my home is ready), genuine opinion and coming up with options that helps in decision making.

Rob our Site supervisor, on TOP of every details of your house, any confusion give him a call and he has it all on his list, never delay a day, gives you most accurate and true information regarding your built (never give fake promise or commitment), co-operative and its easy approach (this is very important as when you are building your first home you have lot of questions and might be a common sense questions) but he had been very patience in giving information always calm and composite in sharing information.

Natalie very committed Customer service person, giving regular (almost weekly) updates on your built with all documents, reports & most specially Pictures of what’s going on your built. She has been amazing making it feel real time – felt like you are always connected and moving along with your built. Very approachable and reach out to necessary people to get information.

Had once been in touch with Jason (manager) at True value homes had a confusion that was not on paper, but he has been very customer focus on coming up with solution and been very accommodating to get it resolved in less than half an hour. Getting a call back from Builder seems to be unbelievable. Level of customer service is expressed by each person in organisation.

All in all it had been a very smooth built I could have ever imagined. Quality of workmanship & use of products even with their standard built is of premium quality. Been delivered house well before committed and in time.
Looking forward for same level of co-operation & Support after built (during warranty period)
Best wishes to True Value Team, keep your Customer Centric work culture, Cheers!!!

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your kind words and compliments! The team at True Value Homes are committed to making our clients feel included in the process of building their dream home. We aim to ensure that you ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

True Value Homes Builds High Quality Home with Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

From the very start to the completion of my property, my experience with True Value Homes was just excellent. Maria provided really good guidance in my design selections. When the construction started, I got regular updates and I received photos of the property. The house was completed way ahead of time and when it was ready to be handed over, True Value Homes was very accommodating with my availability. I had the house independently and professionally inspected and again the result was really good. The independent inspector told me that the house was very well built and he could not find any major faults. Thanks to True Value Homes for the excellent job and superb customer service! Thanks to Maria, Amy, Jade and Rob.

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your kind words! The team at True Value Homes, work together with our clients to ensure the best possible outcome of their home. This includes particular features and styles clients r... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

From start to finish I am truly impressed with the professionalism of True Value Homes. From purchase to handover all staff I dealt with were always courteous and were able to answer all my questions.

Thanks Brian in Sales that explained all the inclusions and upgrades.
Thanks Jessica for assisting with my colour selection process.
Thanks Amy who kept me up to date with the build progress with regular emails including progress photos.

So efficient was True Value Homes that my new home to ready for hand over a month in advance.

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your kind words! All staff at True Value Homes are committed to each and every client. There are no questions too big or small for us to answer. We welcome all questions to ensure tha... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Thank you True Value Homes! Beautiful investment property!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

A massive thank you to True Value Homes, Vince took the time to go through all the processes of building and helped me build a great investment property. Jessica took the time to go through different colour schemes as I am building two homes with true value homes and wanted them to look different from a visual point of view. Quality throughout the home was like their display Homes, True Value Homes are a growing company and deliver a quality product. I highly recommend them to friends and family.

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your kind words! All of our projects have equal importance, to all of our team at True Value Homes. We work diligently on all our homes as if they were our own. Always ensuring comple... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Thank You Maria, Vince, Rob and the rest of the True Value Homes team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I dealt with Maria at sales who was absolutely fantastic helping me find a home suitable to my budget, moving from this process I dealt with Vince who explained the building processes and the companies point of difference, compared to major builders, True Value Homes is a family business and dealing with them directly was a great experience. Jessica was great with colour selections helping me choose schemes that would suit my home. Rob (Site Supervisor) showed a great attention to detail when it came to the inspections, I was continually updated throughout the entire build.

I am looking to build another investment in the near future and will build with them again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your very kind words! The team at True Value Homes, welcome the opportunity to keep in touch with our past clients. We enjoy having return customers, building second homes with us. Al... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Thank you for delivering your promise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Quality build at prices to suit your budget. A professional team delivering build quality above expectations and before expected completion time. They keep you informed throughout the build process and are flexible in their approach to provide you a stress free build. They are responsive even after handover to fix any issues that arise after you move into your new home. Thank you Team True Value Homes!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your kind words! We are motivated to keep clients satisfied with their investment even after we have handed over. The team at True Value Homes are always willing to help in any way we... read more »

melbourne

• 1 answer

Very Happy, Fantastic Quality Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

If you are looking at building I would highly recommend True Value Homes. I was impressed with the Quality of the finishes & build. Our build manager Rob was great, very professional & friendly always at the ready to meet at the house and answer any questions about the build. There was Great communication throughout the build with constant updates and friendly service from the team. Our Thanks to the team for making everything so easy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your kind words! The team at True Value Homes aim to take away the stress from our clients and make it a hassle free process, from contract signing all the way to the day you move in.... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Thank You to all True Value Homes staff! Very happy with my new home :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I traveled to Melbourne, the world’s most livable city in the world around a year ago. During that week, I came the idea of buying a house for holiday and retirement. I looked for a few house and land packages through real estate agents but couldn’t make my mind of going ahead. The reason was because of the price, and also the way it worked. As I know the whole building process would take a while and would be more complicated, I preferred to have the direct contact with the builder. Then I met the Chinese consultant from True Value Homes, who took me to purchase the land and we signed up on building as well in the next day. Not like the other builders’ which made a lot of upgrading in the displays, their display house at Gateway estate is quite standard but decent, which I believe was good enough for a holiday house. After I went back to China, we kept in contact via emails and web chat. The whole process was going smoothly as everything got sorted efficiently. The communication was so clear and easy and I had always been building up trust with them. When the construction started, they always sent updates to me almost every week to keep me in the loop. And at the end of each stage I would receive photos of my house. The handover was brought forward around 2 months ahead. On the day of handover, I came to Melbourne in person, and ordered furniture from Ikea. What made me so happy was the house was completely ready to move in with oven and hot water ready. So I lived in the house on the day. The finishes were fantastic and the quality was the same as their display home.

I would like to thank all True Value Homes staff and recommend them to any overseas buyers like me who wants to get a hassle free experience in building in Melbourne.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your very kind words! The True Value Home Team, welcome clients from all over the world. We are happy to help with any correspondence you may need from bank lenders, to home connectio... read more »

Customer-oriented star builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Right from the start, we were very pleased with Maria Abalos, the sales staff. She was very informative and helped us every time when we had questions. Even when we had some issues with the settlement, she and her team was very patient and helped us as much as they could. It was such a customer-oriented experience and we felt valued!

Our building process also went well as we were very well-informed with every stage of the progress. Rob, the construction manager is knowledgeable and helpful and we can see that the house is in good hands. Finally, we got our building way before schedule and are very satisfied with the end product.

We are more than happy that they are our builder!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for you very kind words! The team at True Value Homes take pride in the value that we put into every client. We are always very patient and here to help in any way we can. We look forward to building your future together!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Its been 8 months since we finished building and I'm even more happy than I was when we first moved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I was lucky to have met the Frank who owns the business on my way through the display home. He walked me through the process, gave me a rundown of how he operates, and what my expectations would be from a builder like them. Second time around I was again lucky to meet Vince, who walked through some more of the finer details and described a few things for me to think about when choosing the design. Having being guided by one of the former sales crew, there was an error in the layout we had edited, however Vince came over and straightened everything out with no hassles. Jessica walked us through the selections, and even though my wife wanted a certain theme, I would have let Jessica choose everything for us and plan on letting her choose the next scheme for an investment build when we get to that stage. Through out the build Rob and Amy kept us up-to-date with the progress and sent us photos. Amy was quite accommodating in any questions we had, and Rob ensured if there were items we wanted critically taken care of he would pay close attention to them.

We had acoustic insulation in certain walls, and followed through on updating us on the stage site visits. The build took less than 5 months (including the christmas break) and if it weren't for an error on my behalf, it may have been sooner.
After the build was complete, there were no major issues, we had minor issue of aircon controller needing to be commissioned later on due to manufacturer fault, loose wire on the water heater, loose screw on a toilet and one window lock that I was able to fix myself. All of which were handled by Rob and with no inconvenience to us.
At the 3 month maintenance, there were a few settling cracks, which they gladly sealed, and a missed paint spot on a door that was unnoticeable until random chance of tripping over myself, falling and looking up being within 5cm of it.
8 months on, I probably regret not getting a basic builders landscape done, and putting in a couple more powerpoint in storage closet (for security system) and garage (to plug my future tesla car into 30 years from now).

Advice to anyone considering using them.
- bring pictures/drawings of what you want, they may well have done it before or can get it.
- if you have a powder room, maybe place a small exhaust if you don't have a window.
- advise on existing site conditions, ours was pretty flat, and we saved cash on them not having to do much work levelling it out.
- if its your first time building a house, get things put in by the builder that require getting multiple quotes, people to be present at home, anything time consuming that you might not get to after having your first newborn and a wife asking to put decals on the wall whilst showing family and friends through the house explaining why you've got butchers paper for blinds because the installer suggested something to your wife and now you have to wait 2 weeks for the new stuff to come in.

FAQs

Would I build with them again and why?
Yes, the way they operate, and the end result. Knowing how they do things, and what to ask for will make my next build even better. They're a small builder with big results. If you want double glazing with acoustic treatment in the room next to the kitchen, they can do it, if you want underfloor heating in the bathrooms, first time they did it, and they did it well.

Were they expensive?
You get what you pay for and what you ask for. If you wanted something, they'll put it in, if you didn't ask for it, they won't. If its standard items like handles and lights, it'll be there and it will be standard market quality, not the bargain basement stuff they bought in bulk from a supplier that probably won't be around. I recently looked at a build smaller size and they were more expensive, even without the bells and whistles of higher ceilings and doors.

How long did it take?
Less than 6 months including christmas. is that normal? to them it is. to others, like my sister and friends who have been building with volume builders for over a year its amazing.

If you had to change one thing about your house what would it be?
I'm used to living in apartments close to railways and highways and high density areas. So when its quiet, I can hear eeevvveerrrythingg..... I should have asked for acoustic treatment on all walls and windows etc. Personal preference but thats me. Note: its no different to any other house not louder or quieter. goto the display homes, what you see if what you'll get.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you very much for your very kind words! We take pride in our product which we deliver to each and every client. No issues are too big to be resolved by the team at True Value Homes, to ensure... read more »

melbourne

• 2 answers

Excellent journey with True Value Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

We dealt with Maria in Sales and she helped us choose our dream home. Our experience with true value homes has been phenomenal throughout. Our site supervisor Rob has been excellent with his skills and knowledge, his attention to detail was impressive. We have heard nightmare stories from our friends building with major builders and did not want to be in that position. We're glad we built with true value homes, no regrets and ready to fill this house with happy memories.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your kind words! True Value Homes strive to achieve happy memories from the minute our clients meet with any of our team. We aim to make the experience as enjoyable as possible, then ... read more »

Happy with True Value Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We dealt with maria through the true value homes sales office (point cook) which she helped us through the building process and house design. Jessica spent heaps of time with us ensuring our colours will suit our beautiful home. Rob (site supervisor) has been very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire building process. Excellent quality throughout our new home on handover.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your very kind words. We believe the team at True Value Homes cover all aspects of a project which you may wish to undertake. All of our team are happy to assist in our specified area... read more »

point cook

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Thank You True Value Homes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

When I was travelling in Melbourne around 2 years ago, I purchased a block of land at point cook. I happened to walk through their display and got a house design flyer which can fit on my land. One year later, when my land got settled, as I was not available to travel to Melbourne to choose a builder, I contacted True Value Homs via email and wechat. They got a Chinese sales person to take care of my job throughout the whole process even including the construction and after hand over. As an overseas customer based in china, the whole process is so hassle free to me that I wouldn’t need to worry about any questions not being answered in time. They offered me fixed price quotation when I made my initial deposit, so there was no surprise at contract signing or construction stage. Based on my happy feedback, another two of my friends who were considering to invest in Australia also proceeded with True Value Homes. And they are going through the process smoothly so far.

This, I would recommend True Value Homes to any overseas investors who are looking for a builder or any house & land packages.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for your very kind words! We aim to make the entire process hassle free for our clients. We do this by making one person your contact throughout the entire process. Any questions your may... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Perfect build, no issues, completed in a timely manner and to a very high standard

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

True Value Homes (TVH) have built our first house and it is amazing. The build was quick and completed to a very high standard of quality.

All the team at TVH that we dealt with were fantastic and very accommodating. Everyone we dealt with at TVH was very helpful and had great experience/knowledge in their area. In particular, we must thank Sue, Jess, Amy, Rob, Vince, Jason and Jade for their outstanding service and commitment to making our build so successful.

The overall workmanship is excellent, construction was to plans with no issues and finished to a very high standard. TVH managed our build very well. We were constantly updated as to the progress of the build with updates covering build stage, what trades were on site and the completion dates. We feel that TVH offer outstanding value and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to build.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for you very kind words! At True Value Homes we strive to meet our customers needs and requests. Always providing value and excellent quality. We look forward to building your future together!

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Peeress. In customer service, design, build & experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

We were looking for a specific design & by chance we walked into TVH display home & we made a connection with it. Sue was welcoming & easily answered our questions. The hardest part was finding the land. But it all fell in place. The colour selection with Jessica K was easy & we had some design changes that Vince helped us visualise. With Amy constantly updating us & being a sounding board or go to for any queries we found the perfect builder. Our house is exactly what we wanted & Jason made sure we got it to their high standards . As the heading says peerless. Highly recommended & we whole heartedly thank them for our home

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for you very kind words! Our team strive to deliver a home that you dreamed of. All we need to you to do is share that dream with us. However possible, through photos, drawings or a simpl... read more »

Love my new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

The title speaks for itself. True Value Homes have built me a beautiful first home to live in. It's the little things that count and TVH make sure not to skimp out on things to get the build done. Their colour coordinator helped me so much with making my home look beautiful, and their building team have brought it altogether to what it is now. The staff at TVH are lovely and easy to communicate with, and they make sure to keep in contact with you along each and every step of your build. As I work typical working hours, I wasn't able to regularly visit the site but Amy and Rob kept me in the loop and sent pictures regularly to let me know where we were at. I was also told that handover would most likely occur at the end of September. Well, it's the beginning of August and I already have the keys! How often is it that a builder finishes on time, let alone well ahead of schedule?!

I could not be more satisfied with my home and am hoping that I'll be dealing with them again in the near future! Would recommend to anybody, whether you are a first home buyer (like myself) or not, you won't be disappointed!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Homes Official

Thank you for you very kind words! The team at True Value Homes understand that we all have commitments in life and we are happy to accommodate in any way we can. Weather it be making appointments ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

They are perfect home builder company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

When we decided to look for builders to build our dream house we came across true value homes . We had such great welcoming customer service while looking for house plan that will suit us best. Than we when to choose our colours and we had all professional help we needed what will look better. Our house is now at lock up stage and the supervisor and True Value House team make sure we are involved in everything.That really helps us to feel more comfortable while our house is growing and looking amazing. We are very excited to see our home finish soon and move in . True Value Homes we can't thank you enough for all the help and support our dream is coming through. If we can rate you a 10 we will do it without thinking

1 of 3 pages