Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Terrible aftercare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

We had to turn our system that is less than a year old off because of a safety recall for a $100 isolator. TVS refers us to the supplier of the isolator to get this issue dealt with, instead of fixing it themselves. Supplier indicates it will take months for them to replace this simple isolator. TVS customer service does not respond to complaints about this.
Now our system is going to be out of service for months because TVS does not take its responsibility.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

No follow up

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Had T.V solar put a small unit on my elderly mothers place they told her to wait for energex to contact about changing the metre they did eventually come out {six Months Later] put the new metre on it was not until a later date that it was noticed there no mention of solar. The Energex said they just cold called to exchange the metre not solar hookup wood cost us money for them to connect {which we paid for in TV contract] Tv DID not honour there part of the agreement and refused to in the end. Good Follow up service once they take your money do not make contact again [Sorry they did later to ask to inspect and clean for $300].

Faulty isolators

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

Faulty isolators installed by TVS. Installed 8 months ago & half December told to shut down due to faulty isolators. It is now nearing end January 18 and still TVS are not repairing this fault under warranty. Just sticking their head in the sand and not honouring their customer service & fixing. Feeling disgusted and annoyed. Have had to get an electrician out to fix it all. Am out of pocket $200 for a warranty issue! I wouldn't recommend TVS at all!

Claremont

• 3 helpful votes

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

This company are impossible to contact for service calls. My inverter failed and they never answer customer service telephone calls.
Stay clear.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Recall on DC Isolator Switch yet True Value won't held

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Our system was installed Jan 2017 and on Dec 14 we received a recall notice and were advised to turn the solar off as there is a fire risk.
Have now been advised that the replacement switches wont be available until mid to late March so we will not be earning any solar credits for almost three to four months over summer!
They offered to pay a flat $100 if you can arrange for an electrician to replace each switch, that covers both labour and the switch.
The cheapest I can get this job done for is $165 yet they are sticking at their $100 limit saying the customer should have some out of pocket expense.
I'm about to ring A Current Affair and Slater & Gordon as neither True Value, nor IPD who distribute these switches, are willing to help!

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Had a solar system installed in October and I am still waiting for connection to the grid. I rang in early December to inquire as to why the delay. They had forgot to process that part of the install. Told me they would get onto it right away, I’m still waiting. Long wait times on customer care line, no follow up.
They are very quick to take your money and arrange installation but once you have paid, it seems they don’t want to know you.
So, three months after install I have no bi directional connection, therefore no rebate on power back into the grid and it’s costing me money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

Frustrated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

We have a 5Kw system installed and every year around December time the inverter conks in and it is getting very frustrating because it is hot and using the air conditioner now costs a fortune. My husband called them a few days ago and we were told that they had no stock of inverters (which I find ridiculous, such a big company with no stock!!) The lady he spoke to said that we would have to wait between 3 to 6 weeks for anyone to help us....not acceptable. They snap their money out of your account so quickly when you buy the system and promise you the world. Even listening to their advert over the phone that they have 100000 happy customers and are the largest solar company in Australia....nonsense. I wonder how many of the 100000 are really happy? It is not cheap getting these installed and we did it because we were told of the savings but there is not a savings really because our bill will be around $600 which is not right considering we had the thing serviced which cost us another $200. They try to squirm their way through all sorts of loopholes. I am sick and tired of these company’s thinking they can do as they please and not have to answer for anything.
My husband then called them again to express his dissatisfaction and said that it would cost so much to have the aircon on whilst waiting for them to attend to our complaint and the lady said “well there nothing we can do about that” really I find it rude and quite frankly damn irritating, you get fobbed off because it’s not their problem. I am hot and bothered and really think True value solar is a joke of a company!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Changing my review to 3 stars.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

I am changing my review, to fairly reflect my perception of TVS; as I initially gave 1. Much can be improved on in terms of their communication - they should have, for example, sent off my paperwork to my energy provider as soon as install was finished, but it was delayed by a few weeks. They supplied wrong cables to my electrician and he couldn’t finish connecting a monitoring system and I got the most annoyed I have ever been with a business to the point of discussing what next with lawyers. I think the customer care team can learn to explain to the customer exactly what is occurring, not be afraid to tell them the electrician resigned (I found out because he told me), and when the dates of fixing are. They told me today someone had been round to fix the monitoring problem already but they didn’t tell me this when it first happened at all! I was so sure I was defrauded. Some communication as follow up in future would be great.

Also, TVS issued a faulty product recall and have laid the responsibility with the manufacturer; really customers generally hold the retailer to account for these things. So I’m still waiting to turn my panels on...

I will commend the woman who looks over the online social media/email complaints, she either has the patience of a saint with all the angry comments online that ends up in her direction, or she is just really good at writing with nice manners.

Can’t comment much on the efficiency of the system as I haven’t really used it yet until the right parts are replaced.

Come on TVS, help out your buyers!

Verified Customer

Great deal! Working well.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Nil issues will the system. Worth the investment! Great deal. Hope it continues to work well. Looking forward to purchase a battery that will complete my residential energy independence. Thanks

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Happy to take money, never happy to provide support.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Twice I installed a True Value Solar system. It wasn't until the second installation that I realized how poor ( in comparison ) the first installation was done in regards to wiring on the roof. So I contacted them to ask if the first install was legal /safe /good enough in their opinion. They said they would investigate, never did, then when I prompted them again weeks later they just said 12 month installation warranty has expired and we will not come out because it is not broken. Then they ignored all my follow up emails. Nice way to treat a two time customer..
Buyers beware, this company does all it's work from a sales office and their satellite images, show you every interest before the sale is done. As soon as the sale is complete that's when they don't want a bar of you.

Footnote. The sales guy said I would get 17 panels on one part of my roof. On install day the installers could not put 17 on there so moved 3 to another roof line. This did not bother me but shows how pathetic their sales professionals are and that you should always use a company that comes out to do visual inspection prior to quotation.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Words can not express my disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Paid $5099 for a 5 kw system. Signed in August, heard nothing, tried to ring no answer. No receipt for money paid. Finally got some communication and they were due to start 9/11/2017. Excellent, until they ring the day before, and inform me that they have run out of panels. WTH are you serious? Don't use True Value Solar unless you want disappointment and frustration. This company should be investigated by the ACCC.

Geelong

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Constantly breaking, no service and no care factor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

System now 5 years 5 months old. 3rd inverter just failed. True Value Solar advised warranty is only for 5 years so too bad. Can buy a new one from them, what a joke after they have installed 3 faulty ones previously. Each time an inverter broke has meant approx. 6 months without a working system in total. Each inverter has lasted less than 2 years so where is the 5 year inverter warranty.
These people prey on the elderly and disadvantaged. This is my mothers system who is a pensioner and can ill afford for the system to be not working, let alone having to replace it at her own cost.
When I suggested I get consumer affairs involved True Value Solar laughed and said get any third party you like involved it won't change anything.
Unscrupulous thieves, might as well just pick pocket me on the street...

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Worst Customer Service Ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I have called them on 5 separate occasions and each time I have been told I will get a call back but I never have. I have also requested to speak to a manager on 2 other occasions and each time I have been refused - either they were busy or on another line, but an email was sent for them to call me back. Again they never did! The staff do not give any time frames of when technicians are coming out to fix things except that you get a call on the day saying someone is coming out to you and you need to be there at a particular time. I work full time and I feel that there should be more than a 2 hour warning that you have to drop everything to be at the house for someone to fix something that should not have broken in the first place as it is still under warranty.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hervey Bay

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Don't deal with them, They LIE, Cheat, & have little respect for you once you have entered into A co

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

Bought a 5Kw system... & wish I bought elsewhere.They will tell you anything to get your business, sales person gave me a WRITTEN price, then checked with manager & was told he couldn't do that & he miss quoted, then told me I could pay or use CENERGY & the wanted to charge me more when I went to use CENERGY!

Don't waste your time , go elsewhere!

The Installers were FANTASTIC! Very Prompt, very clean & tidy installation! They weren't the problem. Product seams to be good too.

If you need to contact me email is [email address removed]

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Absolutely pathetic non existent customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Had my solar system installed in November 2016.
Noticed in February of 2017 fault light coming on and also roof leak when it rains from under panels where the wires they installed penetrate the roof coming through ceiling.
It is now end of August 2017 and I am still waiting to get it fixed. I have lost count on how many times I have rang True Value Solar regarding this, they do not act and do anything about it.
I wanted a solar system that works and was delivered a faulty system and a roof leak.
Their service is pathetic and installation sub standard.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Albany Creek

• 2 comments
  • 20 helpful votes

Poor Service And Ethics In Business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Very poor service. I made sure I got a full quote and that all stones were turned over. They knew my home was a double storey and 3phase. A few days before the install they surprisingly told me there will be extra cost due to double story, extra wiring due to 3phase and extra labour...they also needed an Elevated Work Platform. And this was quoted to be in excess of +$2000 added to already high quote. So I decided to cancel the contract and requested my deposit back. Incidentally, It's been about 6 months and I am still struggling (after numerous emails and phone calls) to get my deposit back. My recommendation - save yourself a headache and move on to more professional solar companies.

UPDATE:
I got a new quote from Instyle Solar (Brisbane based) on 20 August 2017. Their quote was $2430 less than True Value Solar. The system got installed on 5 September 2017. The 2 person install crew did the entire install in 4 hours. I asked them about the extra cost True Value Solar was going to charge me and here are their response:
1. Extra for EWP: No EWP is required. If we use EWPs on every home we will never get our work done. EWP are only used in extreme circumstances and your house does not meet this requirement.
2. Extra for 3Phase: You already have a 3Phase Inverter. There's no additional cost such as cabling or extra electrical cost and no extra labor. I read the email from True Value Solar where they want to charge you extra for 3phase and I don't understand their reasoning.
3. Extras for labor: To be honest mate, this is an easy install and no extra cost is expecting. You did a good job by cancelling your Solar install with True Value Solar.

There you have it folks. If you have a current quote from True Value Solar please request another quote from Instyle Solar in Brendale Brisbane North. The folks there are friendly, accessible, always get back to you via phone or email rather quickly and most important they did a fantastic job with my install, nice and neat and NO ISSUES.

Please do not go ahead with True Value Solar. Save yourself a lot of headaches!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update on True Value Solar keeping my deposit: Till date I have not received my deposit back from this unethical company. I highly recommend you do NOT do business with True Value Solar. I have f... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Fraud, unresponsive and irresponsible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

The most unresponsive and irresponsible customer care I have ever come accross. Months past still no response on my inverter fault service request. I am going to take the next step soon. Stay away from this frauds.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Very poor Customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Waited over two months to have the system installed, back on the 26-04-2017 once installed the system has grid faulted every single day since, apparently it is normal! System is off line more than it is online. Finally they have admitted it was set up incorrectly after three months of to and fro, have now waited another three weeks to be told the reason they haven't sent a technician out is they were waiting on information from me regarding my service???
You have my contact details that is how you acknowledge who I am when I ring? Save your money spend a bit more and go with a company that actually cares about its customers. The worst customer service I have ever had.

Naremburn

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Faulty Inverter to be replaced under warranty - 8 months later with no resolution in sight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

In Nov 2016, I had a problem with my solar inverter. After reporting the fault, I was asked to book (and pay) for a service call (which was not covered by warranty) so someone could come out more quickly. 4 weeks later, a technician finally came and performed a superficial clean of the panels. But more importantly, to verify that there was a fault with the system. To cut a long story short, after repeated phone calls and emails from Jan 2017 to Aug 2017, I have been frustrated by the poor customer service and support at TVS. None of my 10 telephone calls has ever been returned even after being given assurances that I would be contacted. Of 6 emails I also sent during the same period, I received 1 response and then no further responses to my reply.

After the service call in Dec 2017, it took 2 months for TVS to confirm that there was a faulty inverter which would be replaced under warranty. However, since February, I have received a number of excuses why my warranty claim (ref # W487759) wasn't progressing - initially the replacement inverter was out of stock and later, my claim was stuck with in scheduling as there was a lack of technicians in my area to carry out the work.

To rub salt into my wounds, last month I received an email offer from TVS to upgrade my system. Q. If TVS have technicians to install and upgrade system, why can't the same technicians repair a system under warranty?

I would appreciate anyone from TVS to contact me and assist my warranty claim.

I had a wonderful experience with the installation of my system in Aug 2013. It was so positive that I even upgraded my system in Oct 2014. However, this experience with warranty this past year has changed my impression of the company.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I thought it helpful to post an update on my original post. It is now Nov 2017 and still have had no response from TVS with regard to my warranty claim. I decided soon after posting my original ... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

Waiting, waiting, waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I had my system installed in February 2016, 15 months later the inverter stopped working. I have since found out that they use cheap imported products. 2 months later I am still waiting for them to replace the inverter. I have made 6 phone calls, 6 emails and even their complaints area haven't had the decency to return my calls. I've called the ACCC, Energy Ombudsman and now Business and Consumer Affairs. During this time, I know of 2 other friends that have had issues with their inverters purchased from different companies, both were repaired in a matter of days. Waiting, waiting and I just got my electricity bill, totally disgusted. So unfair to be treated in this manner.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes