Verified Customer

Long wait time for customer service to respond but great outcome from True Value Solar.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Hi, initially the customer service phone service was dreadful, possibly the worst I've experienced in any purchase. After two weeks of constant phone calls and emails without help, I finally got hold of [name removed] who works for True Value. [name removed] has done everything he promised, he honoured our warranty for faulty panels from 2011. [name removed] phoned me regularly explaining the next steps, sent out a technician to assess our panels and has now organised the replacement of our faulty panels. We are so grateful for the professional support we received from [name removed] at True Value, without him I think I would still be left sitting "on hold". So the end result for us has been great, just a very rocky start which [name removed] thankfully rectified.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Ann, thank you for your review. Apologies for your initial experience, happy to hear your issue was resolved. Thanks, Mel.

Verified Customer

Broken tiles and no repairs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

This was done back in 2014. I'm still dealing with the repercussions. Just felt like writing a review now.

Anyway. They came and installed the panels and left some broken tiles. This was done during the summer which doesn't rain much in Perth. It took me a while to notice the leaking because the leaking was small and I have insulation. When winter came and after there was enough water to sip through the insulation it started staining my Gyprock ceiling. I took them to consumer protection and they just denied everything. Went on this battle for a while.

Anyway, don't ever use them. I'm still dealing with it now and it will cost me a fortune to fix it. A lot more than what the panels are saving in electricity that's for sure.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Louis, we’re so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. To help us, can you please privately send your full address, phone and T order number if you have one, so we can look up your job and ... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Louis, you still haven’t given us your details after multiple requests. This normally indicates your issue has been resolved; we’re pleased you need no further assistance. Thanks for choosing True Value Solar and enjoy the power of the sun!

Dreadful service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

We had a ten panel system installed some years ago, but my elderly mother-in-law had not realized that it has never worked. It turns out that the ten micro-inverters were all faulty. It is staggering how expert the ‘True Value’ team are at procrastinating – they talk the talk, but nothing happens. If someone says they will ring you back – they almost certainly won’t. I get the impression that nothing meaningful can be achieved without the CEO’s approval. (I’ve been told that they will talk to him about our problem, but he’s not here this morning.)
I have diarised 23 phone calls to TVS since Jan 2018. That means hours of torture by the meaningless drivel on their recorded message – the ‘Platinum Package’ is obviously much better than the ‘Ultimate Package’- this is clear to the conversants just from the name. ‘Five kilowatts of energy’ gets a mention too. (You would hope they know that kilowatt is not a unit of energy – it’s power!). You can have all this in fewer steps than tying a Windsor knot.
Our despair had us very close to contacting Consumer Affairs Victoria and/or our lawyers but, after eight months of stress and wasted time, TVS finally approved installation under warranty of a replacement inverter. Even that did not go smoothly, but it is now done and working as it should have been years ago. There must be many companies who will do a much better job than True Value Solar. I would not recommend them to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Andy, apologies for your poor experience. We would love to help you with your issue. Can you please contact us privately with your full address, details on your issue, phone and T order number i... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Andy, we have not received a reply, and can we assume you’re you don’t need our assistance? If you do, please reply with your full address, phone and T order number if you have one, so we can review your case. Thanks, Mel.

Mount Beauty

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Awful customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

We recently had our system installed. We paid upfront thinking this would make things quicker. It didn't. It's been 3 months...the panels were installed 4 weeks ago and there STILL hasn't been someone out to inspect and connect it all. No one will answer calls or anything. It's ridiculous. Honestly wish I'd gone elsewhere. I think I'll be contacting VCAT.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Wilks, we’re so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. We would love you help you with your issue. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your full address, details on your is... read more »

It's finally been connected but only after contacting your company and the installers NUMEROUS times per day as none of you seem to answer or return calls/emails. Id never recommend true value sola... read more »

MELBOURNE

Verified Customer

Execelent Service - True Solar- Value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Fast and Furious installation process without any delays and excellent customer service. All staff are very helpful and cooperative. No issues so far, don’t think I will have in future too.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Elvis, thank you for sharing! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you. Many thanks, Mel.

nambucca heads

• 1 comment

Clean Neat timely Hssle Free Install

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Kane and Matt from DMA Electrical installed my 5kw 17 panel system yesterday and did a great job. Nothing was a problem and answered any questions I had with pleasure. Very neat install and timely. Keep these guys installing True value. Happy with the process and all aspects of purchase. Well done Kane, Matt, Yunoos and George. Cheers

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Glenn, thanks so much for sharing, we live for customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job. Do let us know at any time if there’s anything else we can do. Many thanks, Mel.

All good. Highly recommend TVS. Thanks

Adelaide

Verified Customer

Absolutely incompetent and still holding onto deposit after cancellation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I ordered two seperate systems for two seperate properties. This proved far too difficult to manage with many a delay hundreds of phone calls and the site assessor not adhering to scheduled time frame becoming disgruntled and turning power off to house and existing solar array(installed by Tvs 2012). Resulting in spoiled food and solar inactive for 2 months only realised when electric bill received. Nathan Greenhill was the technician who done this captured on home cctv. Absolute cowboys with poor business practices and currently breaching consumer law by withholding deposit. Preparing civil litigation against this company and its practices....Be warned.....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Jas, apologies for your poor experience. We would love to help you with your issue. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your full address, phone and T order number if you have o... read more »

Verified Customer

Repeated problems, but eventually fixed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Repeated issues with inverters failing and a CarbonTrack system that was connected to the 2G network. To their credit they do their job of fixing these issues eventually however it would be nice if their were fewer problems.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Luke, apologies for your experience. Please let me know if there are any other issues, so that we can assist in resolving them. Many thanks and apologies, Mel.

Verified Customer

It's good to deal with professionals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I have purchased a domestic solar configuration from True Value Solar. I wish to thank TVS for providing a thoroughly professional experience:
• At all times, my service representative, Yunoos, was courteous, helpful and supportive without being “pushy”. His response to any questions was rapid, thorough and helpful.
• Everything that was promised happened as and when it was promised
• The negotiations were fair and balanced, and left me feeling that I got a good deal
• Yunoos did not criticize competitors, and I can’t say the same for others. (One competitor, rather inadvisably as it turns out, suggested I read reviews about True Value Solar before making a decision. While there was some negative reporting for TVS, the reviews of his company were worse!)
• The install team was courteous, efficient and responsive to our needs. There was virtually no disruption to us during the installation process.
• The installation was very professional with very good attention to detail – down to little things like the aesthetics of the installation
o Discreet placement
o a minimum of visible cabling
o the inverter perfectly aligned – i.e. no skew
• By my calculation, based on current costs and anticipated usage, we expect the system to be paid down within 3 years and then to receive many years of positive benefit.
• Yunoos helped sort out the complexity of the approvals and “go live” process
• There were some early teething problems, and True Value worked through the issues with me, working with me through the monitoring process, even sending out a service technician to verify on-site. It turned out that there was nothing wrong with the system that I had bought from True Value Solar, it was a problem with the voltage levels being fed to my property from the grid. Once identified it was easily and quickly resolved. It was sorted in a few days of the go live date.
• General Manager Adam followed up daily through this process, and managed the process through to the right outcome.

I have been impressed with the whole experience. I think it’s a measure of a company that they re-double their efforts when there are issues. This was certainly the case with True Value Solar. To Adam and the team, thank you. All in all, a pleasant experience. I highly recommend True Value Solar.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Lindsay, thank you for sharing! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us from sales, installation and through to after sales! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you. Many thanks, Mel.

Verified Customer

Couldn't be happier with my solar purchase from True Value Solar.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

From the first phone call to the final day of installation, I have had my questions answered and the full process explained all along the way. I was contacted for all the inspections and the guys were always on time when they said they would come. That in itself was marvellous, as I have had many other workman who do not show up when they say. The installers were professional and courteous and cleaned up after themselves, which was marvellous. The system was explained and I felt that if I had a problem I could call and ask anytime and not feel like a dunce. I thank you True Value Solar for a very nice experience and would not hesitate to recommend your whole company from the sales man on the phone to the installation man at my home.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Willie, thanks so much for sharing, we live for customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job. Do let us know at any time if there’s anything else we can do. Many thanks, Mel.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Terrible after service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

I purchased 2 x 5kw systems and one of the inverters died after a couple of months, no problem these things happen. TVS acknowledged there was a problem and emailed me back to say that at technician would be out within 6 weeks. I received no call or anything so I called back 7 weeks later they assured me it would be sorted by the end of the week anyway after 3 months and dozens of phone calls a tech finally fixed the system I missed out on the entire summer of solar. My biggest issue was the amount of times I was told I would receive a callback to arrange a time and didn’t even get a callback or email (at least 20 times) it wasn’t until I began calling them 2x per day every day that a they finally sent a tech out with no appointment it was lucky my wife was home on the day to let them in.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Olly, we are sorry you weren’t happy with your experience and want to make it right for you. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your address, phone, email and T order number, i... read more »

You had many many many opportunities to make it right at the time of my problem all I expected was a call back wich you guys promised many times and never got back to me once. I even asked to speak... read more »

Melbourne

Verified Customer

True Value Solar. Brilliant!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

From the moment I enquired about Solar Panels, I found True Value the easiest to deal with, the most professional and the most knowledgeable. I was very impressed and they were the most price competitive for my 6.2kw system. I was constantly updated via phone calls as to the process and installation dates (which I changed twice), and nothing was too much. The installers were on time and very professional also. Everything was cleaned up and explained prior to leaving. I am very happy and highly recommend True Value Solar. Thank you.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Paul, thank you for sharing your experience. We love hearing customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job! Do let us know at any time... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Could have been Excellent Service!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Overall the service and install were very good except for one unfortunate incident. The contact for getting the quote, change of quote (from a Chinese inverter to a Fronius - which is far better quality), arranging site inspection and panel installation all ran very smoothly. The installers were very professional, careful and show great care before and during installation, even recommending a different configuration to the site inspector. Had a significant issue though in that scheduler made a mistake of not arranging installer for my original install date (a weekday which I stayed at home from work!). Made it up by agreeing to install on a Saturday without additional cost! Overall quite satisfied with my experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Beng, glad you had a positive experience with us! Please let us know at any time if there’s anything else we can do. Many thanks, Mel.

Sydney

• 5 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Stay far away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

2 months after they got a deposit i decided to cancel as no progress was made. I made easily 15 phone calls to try to move things along- So many promises that didn't eventuate. Cancelled the job due to a lack of confidence. Only got a $51 refund apparently due to being outside the cooling off period but i was never provided this advice nor is it on their site. Made a formal complaint to them and they didn't respond at all not complying with their own complaint acknowledgement timeframe. Went to Fair Trading and was advised that they too weren’t responded too within the required timeframe. I was advised by Fair Trading to go to the ACCC- cant be bothered! Such a disrespectful company with poor systems and processes but some good staff trying to make it all work for customers. I am happy to recommend Energus instead. Great product, great communication and timely service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Lis, thanks for your review, we really appreciate ALL customer feedback, no matter what. We’re truly sorry you weren’t happy with your experience and want to make it right for you. To help us, c... read more »

Do you have a private message facility because contacting the company direct is a pointless exercise.

True Value Solar Official

Hi Lis, you can private message directly here on Product Review. I have sent you one, you should see this in your Product Review inbox. Many thanks, Mel.

Melbourne

Customer Service Guaranteed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

True Value Solar have been an absolute pleasure to deal with, from the very first phone call their staff were very knowledge and helpful. As you know Solar as an expensive investment and I did allot of research over a couple of months and True Value Solar came up trumps, I rang them so many times to ask questions and it was never an issue they were friendly and very happy to help me walk through every step so I had a good understanding of how it all worked.

Very professional at all times the installers were very confident and knowledgeable they explained everything and cleaned up after themselves.

If you’re looking for Solar for you place look no further these guys will have you covered, they won’t talk at you or push you into something you don’t want AMAZING customer service team!! Keep up the good work guys I have recommended to my family and friends.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Bianca, thank you for sharing your experience :) We love to hear customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job. Do let us know at any ... read more »

Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

True Value Solar was very professional at all times and true to all dates from initial contact to installation. Their phone manner and follow ups made you feel like a real customer, something missing in businesses today. The installers, Jack and Jim made you feel confident with what they were doing, explained everything and cleaned up any rubbishy left before they left. Thanks guys!

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Kazgaz, thank you for sharing! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us and that we did a good job! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you. Many thanks, Mel.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

True value solar were great to deal with. The installers were very professional and courteous, which was much appreciated. Absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to a friend.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Leigh, thank you for sharing your experience! We live for customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job. Do let us know at any time if there’s anything else we can do. Many thanks, Mel.

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Would never recommend or use again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

System installed by a Franchise from Rockhampton. Had to upgrade switchboard as a part of the process. Hot water System was wired incorrectly into normal tariff circuit and not off peak. Took 2 months of chasing up and $$$ in extra electricity cost which was never refunded.

System ran fine for 2 yrs and then the Franchisee contacted me to conduct a clean and inspection $300 to maintain my warranty which i payed for and was completed. However I never received the promised thermal camera images or customer report on system.

3 Yrs later I organised a local solar panel installer to clean the panels and inspect them. After cleaning they issued me a report informing me that 11 of the Panels in my array had Microfractures and where a fire hazard.

I immediately contacted the Franchisee who told me to contact True Value Solar for the Warranty.

I contacted True Value Solar and forwarded them the Report re the Microfractures and was informed that in their opinion the damage was only cosmetic.

2 Months later my Inverter Failed. As it was out of Warranty I asked True Value to Quote me a new Inverter. Which they did but with the Caveat that an installer had to come from Brisbane to install it. (at $1000) I purchased and had installed an inverter from a Local Supplier. However on installation they found that one of the Strings of Panels had an Isolation Fault and was not supplying Power.

I have been constantly trying to get True Value to come and look at my panels and accept that their is an issue. They do not respond to emails and are nearly impossible to get on the phone. Their support number asks you to leave a message and then just hangs up before you can leave anything. They demanded a $250 service fee to come and look at the panels but even though I have payed it over a month ago they have not acknowledged receipt of the payment or organised anyone to come and inspect. I have even contacted the Office of Fair Trading in QLD who have been trying to contact True Value on my Behalf and they have been having the same issue regarding response to emails etc.

The last email received after 6 months of back an forth states that True Value don't have a record of the order and that I need to contact the Franchisee in regards to the Warranty. I have installation documents cleary stating it was True Value.

This delay is costing me $1000's of dollars in input credits at 44c.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Will, thank you for your review. As you are aware, customer care has been in discussion with you regarding your issue and are dealing with it privately. Many thanks, Mel.

They may have been discussing it with me. However no resolution has been made. In fact True Value has basically denied the problem is theirs, will not come and inspect. Refunded my $250 Service ... read more »

Finally convinced True Value to come and Inspect the System. Inspection carried out and report has been sent to True Value over a week ago. Have chased them up twice already and still no response.

Looking Forward to free Electricity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Today (22/6/2018) we have had a solar power package installed by True Value. Our experience through the purchase and installation has been simple,friendly,and speedy. Installation was completed efficiently by Jack & Jim, really nice guys they worked extremely well & friendly. Our sales person Adam has made our purchase and install a happy experience. We had great communication. I have read the negative reviews & I'm looking forward to being able to provide after sale positive review. Glenis & Krystie Ebert

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Glenis and Krystie, thanks so much for sharing, we live for customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job. Do let us know at any time if there’s anything else we can do. Many thanks, Mel.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

Big mistake going with True Value Solar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Disgraceful customer service. Still trying to get my inverter warranty issue sorted. After numerous phone calls, emails and written complaints still no one has bothered to get back to me. They are all over you when you are purchasing from them but when you have an issue with your system, they are no where to be seen. Customer service is the worst I've ever experienced - they have an attitude and talk over you when you are trying to explain the issue. Then you get numerous promises that someone will look into it and will call you back - that never happened. I've been trying to get answers FOR FIVE WEEKS so far. My inverter is getting worse therefore we're losing money but I guess that's not their problem as they have already been paid for the job so they don't bother with customer care. The stress and frustration they have caused is not acceptable. Taking the matter further. There are many other solar companies out there - steer clear of this one. Check out other reviews, looks like this is a common issue!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Belinda, we’re so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. It’s really important to us to address this and find a solution as quickly as possible. To help us, can you please contact us privat... read more »

Still waiting for someone to action my complaint. Despite contacting both Customer Resolutions (which is a complete waste of time - apparently only one person looks after this area and, funnily en... read more »

My issue has now been sorted out. Thank you for working with me TVS to resolve the situation.

1 of 35 pages

We have true value solar the inverter has faulted pls help.

patti leyonhjelm asked on Sep 21, 2018

Answer this

Hi, I am not sure how it happened? But electric and electronic item can be faulty that’s why it comes with warranty. Please check with company they will definitely help you. Thanks Elvis

Hi Patti, we’re so sorry to hear about this. We would love you help you with your issue. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your full address, details on your issue, phone and T order number if you have one, so we can look up your job and respond directly with a solution to your situation. Many thanks and apologies, Mel.

My true value solar panel system dosnt seem to be working properly why? I just got a five hundred dollar bill for two months that'd not right

Jules asked on Jul 27, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jules, apologies for this. Please give us a call on 13 76 52, so that we can further look into this. Many thanks, Mel.

Hi. Had a local Solar Supply come and Clean my True Value Solar Panels. They reported Microfractures in the Panels and that the Panels where a Fire Risk. Since then I have had an Inverter Failure and Low Power Readings. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Isolation Fault was showing up on the Inverter prior to Failure. We had to disconnect the second string on the New Inverter to get it to work at all. No help from True Value at all. May as well talk to a brick wall.

Will asked on Jul 10, 2018

Answer this

Don't expect a quick resolution unfortunately. Their customer service is an absolute joke. Keep a record of all attempted communication (I say attempted because they never get back to you) and submit a report to ACCC and Consumer Affairs. ACCC confirmed whilst they can't act on an individuals behalf, they have made a report regarding the issues. The more reports they receive, the more attention it will attract so it is important to make sure you submit the details to them. Consumer affairs will provide you with a direct number so you can speak to someone, although if it is the same person who was replying to facebook comments a few weeks ago (which have now been deleted - surprise, surprise) don't expect a high level of professionalism. You need to issue a 7 day letter to resolve (which consumer affairs will tell you about) and once that expires it's on from there. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Hi William, customer care have advised that one of our technicians is coming out to check your system- fantastic! In the meantime, please let me know if you require any other assistance. Many thanks, Mel

Mel. Technician has checked system. He advised me that the System had an earth Fault and was a Fire Risk. Report was submitted on the Day of the Inspection to True Value. Have chased up twice since with no response. Would like assistance. But I doubt any will be forth coming.

See all 54 questions about True Value Solar