Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

True Value Solar was very professional at all times and true to all dates from initial contact to installation. Their phone manner and follow ups made you feel like a real customer, something missing in businesses today. The installers, Jack and Jim made you feel confident with what they were doing, explained everything and cleaned up any rubbishy left before they left. Thanks guys!

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Kazgaz, thank you for sharing! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us and that we did a good job! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you. Many thanks, Mel.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

True value solar were great to deal with. The installers were very professional and courteous, which was much appreciated. Absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to a friend.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Leigh, thank you for sharing your experience! We live for customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job. Do let us know at any time if there’s anything else we can do. Many thanks, Mel.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 question

Verified Customer

Would never recommend or use again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

System installed by a Franchise from Rockhampton. Had to upgrade switchboard as a part of the process. Hot water System was wired incorrectly into normal tariff circuit and not off peak. Took 2 months of chasing up and $$$ in extra electricity cost which was never refunded.

System ran fine for 2 yrs and then the Franchisee contacted me to conduct a clean and inspection $300 to maintain my warranty which i payed for and was completed. However I never received the promised thermal camera images or customer report on system.

3 Yrs later I organised a local solar panel installer to clean the panels and inspect them. After cleaning they issued me a report informing me that 11 of the Panels in my array had Microfractures and where a fire hazard.

I immediately contacted the Franchisee who told me to contact True Value Solar for the Warranty.

I contacted True Value Solar and forwarded them the Report re the Microfractures and was informed that in their opinion the damage was only cosmetic.

2 Months later my Inverter Failed. As it was out of Warranty I asked True Value to Quote me a new Inverter. Which they did but with the Caveat that an installer had to come from Brisbane to install it. (at $1000) I purchased and had installed an inverter from a Local Supplier. However on installation they found that one of the Strings of Panels had an Isolation Fault and was not supplying Power.

I have been constantly trying to get True Value to come and look at my panels and accept that their is an issue. They do not respond to emails and are nearly impossible to get on the phone. Their support number asks you to leave a message and then just hangs up before you can leave anything. They demanded a $250 service fee to come and look at the panels but even though I have payed it over a month ago they have not acknowledged receipt of the payment or organised anyone to come and inspect. I have even contacted the Office of Fair Trading in QLD who have been trying to contact True Value on my Behalf and they have been having the same issue regarding response to emails etc.

The last email received after 6 months of back an forth states that True Value don't have a record of the order and that I need to contact the Franchisee in regards to the Warranty. I have installation documents cleary stating it was True Value.

This delay is costing me $1000's of dollars in input credits at 44c.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Will, thank you for your review. As you are aware, customer care has been in discussion with you regarding your issue and are dealing with it privately. Many thanks, Mel.

They may have been discussing it with me. However no resolution has been made. In fact True Value has basically denied the problem is theirs, will not come and inspect. Refunded my $250 Service ... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Dangerous installations with risk of FIRE OR ELECTROCUTION

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

We purchased a 5.2KW system which was installed late June 2017. In December 2017 we received a safety recall email from True Value Solar saying "We have learnt from IPD, the manufacturer of these isolators, that they have identified an irregularity. This means the IPV40E and IPV40ES Salzer DC Isolators could present a risk of fire or electrocution under certain conditions." We were instructed to turn it off. To date despite numerous emails and messages to IPD and True Value Solar neither of them have responded. It is nearly 7 months later and has not been fixed. Under no circumstances would I recommend buying a system from them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Mark, apologies to hear you’ve had a poor experience. It’s really important to us to address this and find a solution as quickly as possible. To help us, can you please contact us privately with... read more »

CONSIDER THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMLIES AND CHILDREN FIRST .In relation to the TVS response above I had already previously supplied these details to a ‘Mel’ via messenger through the TVS Facebook page.... read more »

Looking Forward to free Electricity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Today (22/6/2018) we have had a solar power package installed by True Value. Our experience through the purchase and installation has been simple,friendly,and speedy. Installation was completed efficiently by Jack & Jim, really nice guys they worked extremely well & friendly. Our sales person Adam has made our purchase and install a happy experience. We had great communication. I have read the negative reviews & I'm looking forward to being able to provide after sale positive review. Glenis & Krystie Ebert

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Glenis and Krystie, thanks so much for sharing, we live for customer feedback, and it’s especially sweet when we hear we’ve made a customer happy and done a good job. Do let us know at any time if there’s anything else we can do. Many thanks, Mel.

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Big mistake going with True Value Solar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Disgraceful customer service. Still trying to get my inverter warranty issue sorted. After numerous phone calls, emails and written complaints still no one has bothered to get back to me. They are all over you when you are purchasing from them but when you have an issue with your system, they are no where to be seen. Customer service is the worst I've ever experienced - they have an attitude and talk over you when you are trying to explain the issue. Then you get numerous promises that someone will look into it and will call you back - that never happened. I've been trying to get answers FOR FIVE WEEKS so far. My inverter is getting worse therefore we're losing money but I guess that's not their problem as they have already been paid for the job so they don't bother with customer care. The stress and frustration they have caused is not acceptable. Taking the matter further. There are many other solar companies out there - steer clear of this one. Check out other reviews, looks like this is a common issue!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Belinda, we’re so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. It’s really important to us to address this and find a solution as quickly as possible. To help us, can you please contact us privat... read more »

East Palmerston/Innisfail

• 2 comments

Dealing with MORONS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I live at East Palmerston - 15klms from Innisfail in Far North Queensland.- know nothing about Solar.
I was thinking of installing Solar and contacted TVS because they are the sponsors of the Essendon BombersI
I was bamboozled and signed up for a system which included 20 panels and 2 free.
First proposal was rejected by Ergon Energy (QLD) - 2nd was accepted but they reduced the panels to 17 and no power back to the Grid.
The installation went great by a crew of 4 - I was never advised until the installation that the crew was from Townsville - a 6-8 hour round trip.
When installation was complete there was a part missing that blocked the extra power back to the grid.
I have asked TVS when this would be done and I am still waiting.
I paid the full amount of the installation to TVS which included a Travel Fee of $1250 - Townsvill/East Palmerston/Townsvilley7 which I have asked to be refunded to me.
I contacted the Townsville Installer and he is now in conflict with TVS who expect him to do the round trip from Townsville to fit the part at no cost.
The Installer rang TVS advising them of the travel distance from Townsville to Innisfail and was told the "the boss wants systems on roofs" and he authorised the travel for installation.
I have asked why a Townsville installer was used when there are installer in both Innisfail or Cairns
You can fly from Melbourne to Cairns faster than you can drive Townsville to East Palmerston.
TVS staff are MORONS - I sent email with my name Neil and got a reply "Hi Ned"
I was passed onto their Warranty Dept and have heard nothing about the missing part.
I only wish I had read all the bad reviews before making contact with TVS.
They have very limited communication skills.
I plan to lodge a complaint with the ACCC.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Neil, as you are aware we have been in contact with you every day to update you and as we informed you, the missing part is on its way to you now, which will then be installed. We use the best i... read more »

What a load of crap - TVS has NOT been in contact with me everyday with updates so get your facts right. I have been told by Teresa yesterday that the missing part has been posted to me - I then ha... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Neil, I have been advised that we have resolved your issue. We were so happy to be able to address this for you. Please let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with. Many thanks, Mel.

Solar has not worked since installation over 2 years ago

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

I purchased a 5kW Master Package November Special solar system and inverter 27 November 2015.
Reported it faulty, had 2 replacement inverters installed and confirmation that the wiring was incorrect from the beginning. This was apparently corrected on the installation of the 3rd inverter (September 2017). I still do not have a working solar system. I have had SA Power Networks out twice to confirm by a week-long logging system the error is not due to voltage as the highest voltage logged in a week was 256v. Still True Value Solar insists it is not their problem and say 'I have triple checked with our installer and he has told me that 265v is what the inverter is set at and it cannot go any higher.' I have to stress I have made well over 20 phone calls and even more emails to try and resolve this problem.
Their reply:
1. Edge/TVS install EdgeIQ at customer’s home to provide instant protection and reduced electricity consumption. This also allows us to also ascertain the exact voltage level at the customer’s home.
2. If the voltage is exceeding 265 volts (which is EdgeIQ’s default OVP setting), the customer/TVS can request Edge to change the setting to a higher voltage.
3. At the same time, Edge would like to contact SAPN on the customer’s behalf and attempt to negotiate a transformer tap. It’s evident that, regardless of the operation of the customer’s solar, the network voltage is outside of AS4777 limits and is therefore SAPN’s responsibility to address.

So, in essence, my options are;
1. You have SAPN out again as it is definitely not the inverter and their voltage is not within the limits it is supposed to be
2. You upgrade to a different inverter to deal with the voltage spikes
3. We install an EdgeIQ, free of charge, and they liaise with SAPN also on your behalf to have them tap the transformer. In the meantime, you shouldn’t experience as many, or any, drop outs.
Please let me know what you would like to do. These are our only options.

Overall I feel like they will not fix the problem but pass the blame off to another company to deal with. I have previously asked if they can not repair the problem to then remove the system repair the roof damage and provide a refund to which they refused.
I want compensation for my power bills which have actually increased since installation not decreased and I want to have a working solar system as I have paid for one!
I am so disappointed. I'd give ZERO, no stars if it was an option!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Emma, thanks for your review, we really appreciate ALL customer feedback, no matter what. We’re truly sorry you weren’t happy with your experience and want to make it right for you. To help us, ... read more »

DAWESVILLE

Isolator crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

The isolaters were coming in March. When I ring up the recall phone number at the start of April I get told that the DC isolaters are due in 2 weeks and that they will contact me soon. After these 2 weeks elapse I again ring up and get told that the electrician has been given the isolators and will soon be in contact. After no contact 3 weeks later I call again to be told that [name removed] has the isolators, has been installing them and will contact me on either on Friday the 11th of May or on the Monday following. It is now Tuesday and still no contact. If I had known how pathetic this response was going to be and how long it has taken I could have months ago just paid an electrician to fix it. I now have another 1000$ electricity bill due that would have been substantially less if they had pulled their finger out.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Mick, thanks for your review, we are sorry you weren’t happy with your experience and want to make it right for you. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your address, phone, ema... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

This Company is a worry

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Having read other reviews, and I am worried.
Even thought I have a warranty work order, it has been over five months for some action to occur.
Like others, ringing the company gets a nice person who says action will occur but a week later nothing.
Have taken step one and gone to Consumer affairs and written the letter.
I will wait a week for next step.

Finally after the wrong Inverter was sent to the installer the correct one was sent direct to my home.
Installer rang and arranged a date for installation.
Since completion there has been no contact from TVS
So in my estimation not worth the hassle. Use a local firm for supply and service.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Graham, apologies for the wait on this, I will follow up with customer care. Apologies and Many thanks, Mel.

• 1 review
  • 7 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Repair

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Hi...I have been waiting since 19 /2/2018 for someone to fix your problem..that is the DC Isolaters.
It is now May..I really think this is a long time. I have only got to use the panels for a couple of months..really have no idea how good or bad.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Peter, we have private messaged you to ask for your details to remedy the situation. Please send these through, so we can look up your job and find a solution to your situation. Many thanks and apologies, Mel.

Your reference number for this claim is: W507830

still no come back from them seems they say they want to fix it just for every one to see

Hobart

• 9 comments
  • 1 question

IPD recall

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Hi...I have been waiting since 14th December for someone to fix your problem..that is the DC Isolaters.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Sally, we’re so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. It’s really important to us to address this and find a solution as quickly as possible. To help us, can you please contact us privatel... read more »

I will do this but I have already emailed your firm asking when and explaining this isn't my problem but yours.

Just sent another email through..be interesting to see what happens.

Gold Coast

• 6 helpful votes

Customet Service - Non existant

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

They were quick to advise I upgrade my inverter to 5kw so i can easily and according to the salesman cheap to upgrade later. Lesson here get that info in writing. Very quick to get an installer to arrange to install it. 2 and half years later I have two faulty panels. Everyone hates dealing with those overseas call centres but they give a far far superior customer service that True Value Solar. (Sarcasm.) your are in a queue for at least 35 to 40 minutes. I kept calling back, sending pictures and being told they didn’t get them, then being told it can be up to 4 to 6 weeks. I called week 5, just brushed off with it is in progress. Week 6 still nothing. Emailed a angry but not abusive complaint and got the customer service manger telling me the panels have to be ordered even though I was told two weeks before they had been sent to the warehouse in Qld. Finally the job was given to a sub contractor to fix. They weren’t happy about giving me his number and i called him, he is also getting the run around by them. He called them on my claim and next thing i get an email telling me it will take two to three weeks before it is repaired and then told me to resist from contacting the repairer. He called me back to say call him anytime. Well i am into week 4 and nothing. The repair guy is getting the run around. This started at the end of Jan 2018 but had to resend pictures, as claimed they were not received, so resent at the beginning of Feb 2018. Really really poor and substandard service. If only I knew this I would never had purchased from them.

At the end if the day find a local installer, asked around who is good as the ongoing lack of service is very painful.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Carlos, so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. We would like to remedy this situation as quickly as possible. Can you please contact us privately with your full address, phone and T orde... read more »

Hi Mel, unfortunately contacting you directly would simply be calling the 13 number and go through the same process as before since there is no direct way to discuss with yourself. The panels have ... read more »

• 12 helpful votes

Big Black Hole

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

The sales person worked hard to work out a deal and get our business, but after that, True Value have no interest in managing you as a customer, and you enter their big black hole of after-sales service. There is too many companies involved in the process, resulting in lack of or miscommunication, unnecessary delays and issues. Can't even get the grid connection done because they haven't submitted an alteration request to Powercor (the distributor) through their ePortal. Offered a Solar Smart Monitor that doesn't even work - they were meant to set up the account but didn't, and I've asked 3 times to get it sorted but it's still not. They make promises and never follow through. Avoid this company at all costs! You'll be just another number.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Daz, so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. It’s important to us to address this and find a solution as quickly as possible. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your ful... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Daz, we messaged you twice privately to request your details however we still do not have them. This normally indicates your issue has been resolved; we’re pleased you need no further assistance... read more »

Yes Mel, was finally resolved after 2 months and with assistance from the installer and our energy retailer who were more than helpful, given True Value Solar failed to respond to more than 8 email... read more »

Melbourne

• 9 helpful votes

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

When I first bought my 3.5kW solar panel array just over 2 years ago, I'd have given true Value Solar 5 stars to reflect the company's efficiency and the communication skills of the personnel I dealt with. However, my recent experiences have changed this and if I could give them zero stars I would.

Last October I noticed a rapid decline in the efficiency of my system and so, after monitoring it for 3 weeks, wrote an email to True Value asking if they could arrange to inspect the system and, if necessary, repair the fault. I received no response and began looking into what it might cost to pay a local electrician to inspect the system (I found 2 local businesses who were both able to visit within a few days and who both charged the same fee: $150).

After 10 days, I still hadn't heard from True Value, so attempted to phone them. After waiting 8 minutes in their queue, a recorded message told me they were still busy and they ended the call. I sent another email, but still received no response and so checked out other customer's experiences on this forum. The number of complaints concerned me and so I followed one reviewer's suggestion and posted a message to True Value through Facebook. This elicited a response.

I was asked to provide data, which I did, and which they promptly responded to, while advising me that it would be a couple of weeks before technicians could be sent and that, if no fault was found, I'd be charged $250. This seemed fair enough.

After 2 weeks, I wrote to ask if a technician had been allocated, but received no response. After 6 weeks (and 2 months since first contacting them), I used True Value's online Live Chat to ask for the email address of the company's Managing Director, so that I might express my concerns, and I was advised to write directly to him at the TVS postal address, which I did.

Although my Live Chat seemed to provoke another response - a form email from the technician's department telling me that my open warranty claim hadn't been forgotten and they'd be in touch with me shortly - I heard nothing else from them, and didn't even receive an acknowledgement from the Managing Director's office.

Two weeks later, and almost 3 months since I first contacted True Value Solar, I woke to the smell of burning coming from the DC Isolator and the inverter no longer functioning at all. I shut the system down, emailed TVS technicians (undeliverable) and TVS Customer Care, and wrote to Consumer Affairs.

As the day wore on, the smell of burning grew stronger and appeared to be coming from the roof, so I tried ringing TVS again, but was able to get through this time. The consultant fortunately recognised the urgency and promised to have a technician there within 30 minutes. He did indeed arrive in this timeline (being a member of one of the local electrician businesses I'd originally approached), and I was able to see how the DC Isolator had completely burnt out and how the original installers had failed to prevent rain from flowing down the cable conduit into the isolator.

While the system had now been disabled, I still heard nothing from True Value, but received advice from Consumer Affairs in the meantime with regards to referring the matter to VCAT. They advised me to tell TVS that I was going to do this, citing Australian Consumer Law section 54, which I did, as well as citing section 59(1) and section 59(2), which also seemed relevant. Having heard nothing from the Managing Director, I also wrote directly to the CEO of M+W Group, who own True Value.

Although, no one from True Value contacted me after the burnout, within one day of writing to advise of my intent to refer the matter to VCAT, the same local electrician turned up to repair the system. Since then, I received an email from the CEO of M+W Group noting my concerns, and received a phone call from TVS asking if I was happy with the work their technicians had done.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Beware of this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

I purchased a solar system from TVS and shortly after had to turn it off due to the isolator being recalled,. No one has replaced this after 3 months and no one will contact me with date as to when it will be replaced. I paid over $3000 for a system and now are paying for electricity!!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Erin I am very sorry to read about your experience. I’d like to investigate your issues personally and make sure we’ve done everything possible to resolve them, and see if we can do anything f... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Erin, we haven’t received your details yet. We can’t look into your case and provide a solution until we have at least your full address. Can you get back to us in aprivate message please so we ... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Erin, you still haven’t given us your details after multiple requests. This normally indicates your issue has been resolved; we’re pleased you need no further assistance. Thanks for choosing True Value Solar and enjoy the power of the sun!

Angle park

• 6 helpful votes

Total frustration

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I was sold 5 kw solar system in end of October 2017 and no body contacted me since then . So I tried ringing them to ask for status of application and ever since I got only one answer that they are busy and will contact me back. Nobody bother to contact back and now I asked them to cancel it but still no reply since last week of November 2017

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Jim, we are so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your full address, phone and T order number if you have one, so we can look up you... read more »

Thanks for showing your sincere customer service . It was a prompt response , only 3 months . Keep your good work

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Customer Care should be called Couldn't Care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

True Value customer care have stupid working there.
They lie and delay and feed you crap all the way.
But I knew I was right so I took on the fight.
I contacted Consumer Affairs, True Value said who cares.
They huffed and they puffed but it was all just a bluff.
And when it came to the crunch they laid down without taking a punch.
After more than four months delay my system was fixed next day.
It's a dirty game they play don't deal with them, no way.
Spend your money elsewhere with people who really care.
As I said before True Value customer care have stupids working there.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi I am very sorry to read about your experience. I’d like to investigate your issues personally and make sure we’ve done everything possible to resolve them, and see if we can do anything furthe... read more »

My Ref no is W503601 and you are right, I am not happy with the way I was treated.When I purchased my solar system I also gave you three other jobs. And just so you know I said customer care had ax... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Allan, thanks for providing your details and apologies for the wait. Just to let you know, we’re looking up your case and our customer service team will be in back touch within 48 hours. Thanks, Mel.

Terrible aftercare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

We had to turn our system that is less than a year old off because of a safety recall for a $100 isolator. TVS refers us to the supplier of the isolator to get this issue dealt with, instead of fixing it themselves. Supplier indicates it will take months for them to replace this simple isolator. TVS customer service does not respond to complaints about this.
Now our system is going to be out of service for months because TVS does not take its responsibility.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Erik I am very sorry to read about your experience. I’d like to investigate your issues personally and make sure we’ve done everything possible to resolve them, and see if we can do anything f... read more »

Hi Natalie, Thanks for your response. I wish your customer service department was as responsive. I have been on the phone with TVS customer service multiple times. Every time I am promised that an ... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Erik, we are so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience. To help us, can you please contact us privately with your full address, phone and T order number if you have one, so we can look up yo... read more »

No follow up

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Had T.V solar put a small unit on my elderly mothers place they told her to wait for energex to contact about changing the metre they did eventually come out {six Months Later] put the new metre on it was not until a later date that it was noticed there no mention of solar. The Energex said they just cold called to exchange the metre not solar hookup wood cost us money for them to connect {which we paid for in TV contract] Tv DID not honour there part of the agreement and refused to in the end. Good Follow up service once they take your money do not make contact again [Sorry they did later to ask to inspect and clean for $300].

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi tluke I am very sorry to read about your experience. I’d like to investigate your issues personally and make sure we’ve done everything possible to resolve them, and see if we can do anything ... read more »

T320015