Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney, St Leonards

I am highly disappointed!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

I am highly disappointed!!!! In the past I used this company twice, once for my personal move and once to move the business office where I am working. I had to move again last weekend on 12/05/2018 so I decided to choose this company again as the service was good. And It was wrong decision. I felt that Two Men and a Truck tried to rip off client. The size of truck was sent for 2 bedroom apartment was very small. I was moving within 6km only and the removalists had go twice from old to new place - of course without taking all my belongings. If my friends didn't help me i guess they will have to stay much much longer which will cost me a fortune.

Terrible move

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Terrible damage done to console table. Three bedroom apartment. The move was done within Sydney.
The removalists refused to give a discount.
We are very unhappy with the situation.
The move was very slow.
Disgraceful.

Didn't show up!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

Very disappointing experience! We booked a truck and two men to meet us at our storage facility to collect our belongings and deliver them to our new home. We were advised that they couldn't accommodate a morning booking but were available to arrive between 1-2pm. We confirmed the booking in writing.

By 3pm there was still no truck in sight. Called the office and they said they'd call back in 5mins. We never received a return call. Tried to call them and the phone rang out. By 4pm there was still no truck or any communication. We sent an email to cancel the booking due to the company's no show. We received an email 15mins later simply saying sorry the truck hasn't shown up. No explanation was provided.

Fortunately we were able to make alternative arrangements, however we lost at half a day waiting around. This was not only an inconvenience to us but also to the two family members who had joined us to help.

Will not use this company again or recommend to anyone.

Disgraceful and so expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

2-bedroom Apartment move, I had lost the number of my old removalist and his 4 guys, never cost me more than $600. Two men and a truck turn up, 2 guys taking their sweet time as slowly as possible with no fitness or experience (I could tell) and cost me over $1,000. In the end my husband and I were helping them it was getting so expensive, disgraceful will never use them again and warn others. It's important to research and read reviews, I wish I had shopped around more before booking this company in. I ordered a big truck and 3 men to try and save on money due to the big move and they turn up with big truck and 2 guys which made it slower but still charged me for the big truck which made no difference time wise with less men!

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney, St Leonards

The best movers I’ve ever had in 20 years of relocating!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

We moved from a large 3 bedroom apartment full of relics that comes with having an 8 person family (only 4 living together now though), into a 5 bedroom house. We couldn’t believe how much stuff we had that we had to move, although just a short distance from the north to inner west. We’ve been overseas for the last 20 years and have done 11 moves before this one, and every time had been extremely stressful. However this time we had the help of Rod, Billy, and Joey - the nicest, most polite, most efficient, and most careful movers we have ever had. They went above and beyond my expectations. I couldn’t recommend this company and these men enough. The move took a total of 5 hours - including the hour it took to drive between the homes. Fantastic service! -Yvette

Awesome Service at a Fair Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

We did an interstate relocation of our 3 bedrooms house furniture and other stuff from NSW to QLD and booked Two Men and a Truck after reading the reviews. The quote process was transparent and Martin was very understanding and accommodating. He explained the process properly. In our case, the furniture was picked up in a 20ft shipping container and loaded on the train. It was offloaded in QLD by their local guys and brought via a truck to our new house. The lead time was nearly 3 days.
The dates were fixed and honoured. Before choosing Two Men, I had received several quotes for next day delivery. But, when I spoke with the other movers, they would not confirm the dates at all.
Michel and Bruno did the packing and loading in NSW and I was amazed by their level of speed, efficiency and friendliness.
Renato, Marco and Claudio carried out the offloading in QLD and these guys did it swiftly without any fuss.
I would highly recommend Two Men for your local or interstate movers!

Melbourne

Read the fine print

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

Read reviews of this company and they were mainly favourable - some glowing. My two guys were pleasant, slow, and were learning English with varying degrees of comprehension - couldn't figure out how to angle things down stairs - took one box each at a time rather than use a trolley so the move took forever. I left after them to go to the new address and they arrived 45 minutes after me despite telling them the fastest way to go. One box at a time came in again - no stairs this time - it was like watching grass grow. Then I get slugged a $100 call out fee on top of the hourly rates for going to and from the depot. This wasn't mentioned in any of my verbal conversations nor was it mentioned that the insurance cover is extra. My television stand should have been removed and transported separately but it wasn't and now it's broken. Their website gives you the impression insurance is included - but no. Oh and if you do get insurance, be aware that you have to get in touch 72 hours after you move or it's void. So empty all the crappy boxes they give you as part of their moving package - that's a joke too. 2 rolls of tape and 20 very used boxes for $110. Buy them at Officeworks for a third of the price. They haven't come to collect boxes despite agreeing to a time and date.
Not again Two Men - you're too slow and you charge way too much for the level of competence of your staff.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Professional and prompt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Thank you Two Men and a Truck. It was a pleasure to deal with your company. Everything was made easy and explained clearly. The movers arrived on time and were polite, friendly and professional. I would use you again highly recommend your company.

Quotes don't hold! :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Only moving within the same suburb and felt totally at ease at first contact with Two men and a Truck. Listed all furniture (including acoustic piano), and was provided with quote via email which I accepted. Two men were very polite but fitted everything into the truck except the piano, and said it would then be a $180 surcharge on top of the additional time to take second load of piano. Would only move with payment or discussion with office. Attempted phone contact with the office - no one available - please dial 9 - told it was an "incorrect selection" when I pressed 9. Paid the money to move the piano - which they scratched in the move :( and despite repeated attempts, no response from the office. Will not recommend them, and will not use them again.

Worst Moving Experience Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I moved to a 2 bedroom apartment so only had a small amount of furniture but the young men who moved it had no idea how to look after it. A 2 piece Parker cabinet that should have been taken apart but was not and was seriously damaged. Other pieces of furniture have the corners banged. The men were very polite and friendly but seriously needed training. I will not recommend the company nor will I use them again. I only moved about 1.5 kilometres. Maybe if it had been further my load may have been destroyed.

Verified Customer

Professional and efficient !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I have recently moved into new house with the help of Bruno, Gian and Paulo . They came on time and with friendly introduce themselves then started quickly.
They took care of every single piece and worked at fast but steady pace. It only took 3 hours to move the 3 bedroom townhouse and they brought items to their respective positions.
We felt totally hassle free and what we have paid is worth it.

Terrific

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Dave and Thomas helped us move today in morningside. What pleasant and curtious men! Everything was done efficiently and with no fuss. I would recommend this company if these guys were doing the job! Thanks guys

Unprofessional and rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Hired Two Men and a truck for a small 2 bed unit move. The movers spoke and understood very limited English and left the couch on its side in the middle of the floor behind numerous heavy boxes. Drawers which were removed from the storage units were also left stacked on the floor, not replaced. A mistake was made with the payment upon completion of the move despite being assured by two different staff members it was being done correctly.

When speaking with a manager to try and rectify the mistake, I was met with an extremely rude, aggressive and condescending woman who showed no interest at all in my concerns and threatened to end the conversation. The manager showed complete disregard for the issues raised and replied only that mistakes are made. This is extremely poor service and I would expect far better customer service from a company such as Two Men and a Truck. Would not recommend this company to anyone who expects any level of service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

:Perfect and professional move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I had some furniture which needed to be moved from various points in our house into a storage unit 20 minutes away. Williams and Bruno arrived on time, took note of what had to be done and got right into it. They were extremely careful to ensure that they never once touched or scraped our newly-painted walls. All done in the allotted two hours. They were very pleasant and obliging too. Thanks guys!

Recent Move done on a Sunday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Last Sunday, 6th of August I got Jhonata and Gustavo from Marcells team to complete our move.

I would like to share our experience with Jhonata and Gustavo as per below:

Jhonata and Gustavo were perfect ambassadors for Two men and a truck
They were very careful and thoughtful in their approach
Moved items with out any damage or issues
Took extremely good care of the items they were moving
Nothing was too difficult for them, and kept on going until the move was completed
It took two trips to complete the move but they didn't give up
These guys are a great asset to the two men and a truck team
They will be back when I do my next house move.

Thank you for your services and I really appreciated the work Jhonata and Gustavo did.

Kind regards
Hamish

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney, St Leonards

Great Service -- problem free move!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Moving into a building with one lift and two set of stairs to the roof top, Michel, Vinny and Villi were an excellent crew. They arrived 10 minutes early, ready to begin. There were oversized pieces of furniture that required door removal and stair carry and they handled it all calmly showing great customer service attitude throughout the move. Packing service by Debbie and Jess was also very efficient making sure we were aware of arrival, work times etc. Highly recommended from the initial contact with April to the actual move.

Very good all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I was so pleased - and relieved - with the service of 'Two Men and a Truck'. Coming from a place of complete distrust of removalists from reports I'd read and heard. we opted for a fixed price move i.e. a certain number of hours purchased. The 2 young guys (Galvyn and Kaique) were polite, hard working, consultative, efficient, on time and clearly intelligent (Uni students) as they moved our bigger furniture items about 1 kilometer away. They packed, moved, unpacked and relocated our furniture, with steps involved both ends, with great care. They didn't stop and asked at the end if there was anything else we needed a hand to shift! I would highly recommend these 2 - and the company - from my experience.

Can't thank you enough!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Thank you so much for my move. Your staff Alaric & Shyam are a credit to your company. Two men that treat your items as if they were their own. My move was a one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom townhouse about half an hour away. I received a phone call initially confirming the time of arrival and they were punctual in the allotted time. Cheerful, super organised and genuinely lovely people who really know their job. Will I recommend your company?? Why yes, yes I would indeed. Good staff are hard to come by, exceptional staff even harder. I can't thank you enough!

sydney

• 2 helpful votes

late and untrained,

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

Our pick up time was 11.00 and they arrived at 5.00pm to move from 3rd story apartment the heavy and bulky items including 2 beds, one of which was left behind because they could not get it through the door. The same with the dining room table. Remember I got all this stuff into the apartment. The new apartment had an elevator so there was no problem getting it in. My son and I moved me into the previous apartment in a matter of 2 hours in a rented truck.
The trolley they used getting things done the stairs was a single wheel trolley and it was very roughly handled and damage done to the refrigerator getting to the truck and damage to the door of the refrigerator. The glass table was missing two legs stops.
$900 to do a $500 job seems to me to be a little rich. The damage to the refrigerator and the filing cabinets.

The next day I rented a truck and went back and brought the bed and table. I am 70 years old I wanted no stress in this move but TWO MEN AND A TRUCK provided me with more stress than I could ever imagined.

These young guys were not trained

To add insult to injury as they unloaded they were approached by an angry man who had a complaint against the company and they did not respond.

Two men and a truck did not respond to me either.

They will never ever get a recommendation from me.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne, Truganina

WARNING! - Do Not Use This Company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

After paying $730 to move our furniture from our old house to our new apartment (15 mins away) They completely ruined our dining table. They obviously did not protect it and offered NO compensation. We were told that we should have taken out insurance against their employees. Incompetent and very unprofessional. There are far better removal companies out there.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes