Driver Crushed My Fingers & Damaged a $200 Ring!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

4 of us caught an Uber in the Swan Valley Sat 13th Oct 2018 Reco 1EJM 311 a Silver 4 door V.W saloon. I have chronic asthma; couldn't get any air in the cramped back seat; opened the window & placed my hand on it so I could breath & feel better. The idiot driver put the window up without any WARNING etc & squashed the fingers & Damaged a ring on my right hand. I was in total shock! Driver started to be agro & didn't apologize for his actions. I was furious as he tried to do it a second time. We got to our lunch destination where I had a few words to the asian/Arab type driver who was going ballistic (I felt very unsafe!) I managed to take a photo of the car & Rego. WARNING - AVOID THIS MYSOGNISTIC, PSYCHOTIC, NUTTER who SHOULD be in jail & not allowed to driver any Uber or form of public transport. He should be up on assault charges. This totally spoiled our special birthday lunch. DISGUSTING - I'll see where else I can report this person too so that no-one else is treated in this abysmal manner. I ABSOLUTELY HATE UBER WITH A PASSION. Please support our local licensed taxi drivers.

• 1 comment

Unreasonable Fees were Corrected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

We were waiting for an uber in Melbourne city, and was struggling to find the driver because in the UBER APP the car was jumping around and not displaying accurately where it was, only to find out we were charged ‘wating time’ because the UBER APP didnt function properly and had the pickup location wrong. However after reporting it in the app they refunded me within seconds which I think is great bacause companies often take a couple of business days before refunding customers.

Reasonably priced in Perth

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I went to Perth recently for a long weekend and relied heavily on Uber service to get me around.

Initially I was quite worried as I have heard heaps of complains out there about terrible service, harassment, overprice etc but was I guess I was fortunate enough as I didn't not experience any of these issues. All my rides arrived within few minutes of booking at the waiting point and the ride was smooth without any dramas. I also did fare comparison with taxi service and I have to say Uber is a tad (not a lot) cheaper.

The only complain if I were to nitpick is one of the driver has rather strong Body Odor. But that's one out of ten drivers so it's not something I see everyday.

Fees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I cancelled a trip tonight as driver st incorrect location. New trip ordered on different account but was charged cancellation fee for first trip which never happened? Why can’t uber provide transparent complaint process.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I booked an Uber around 6.45pm on 5/10/2018. After a couple of minutes advised that the driver is on the way. After a few minutes it was cancelled and advised a different driver is on the way. This happened six times within one hour. Wasted about one hour waiting. In the end cancelled Uber booking and got a taxi. Very disappointed.

What is the point of ubereats?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Placed an ubereats order and it was shown it was going to be delivered in half an hour. I order for my family and guest so it was a substantial amount. I received a notice saying the order is complete from the restaurant. Then I got a call from USA saying that the driver could not pick up the order therefore they were canceling my order and my money would be credited. I asked what happened and they repeated what they told me with no other details aside from ‘place the order again’. I rang the restaurant and they said my order was finished and waiting for a driver, they said they will ring Uber and find out what happened and she would insist uber call me back. I waited and no call was made. I rang the restaurant again the she abruptly said ‘you are not supposed to call us and we’re not allowed to call you, I have a restaurant full and I will call at a later time’. Not good enough.
Food wasted.
What is the point of ubereats? Disgusted in all parties involved and we’ve just ordered a local pizza.
Pathetic ubereats!

The quicker they go bust the better we all will be

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Someone has been using my credit card and I discovered it recently from looking at my credit card statement. I have made enormous effort to contact them but they have made that as heard a possible. To contact them I would have to sign up with them and there is no chance. Just to really stick it up the public they have cancelled their email support service. They are bad very bad!

Verified Customer

Been charged and didn't get the service!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I regularly catch an Uber as it's convenient and cheap. However, I have been already cancelled by drivers for 3-4 times and charged $10 each time. I couldn't understand why I had to pay money while they cancelled me and I did not get any services!! So disappointed.

No pickup

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Have been a fan of Uber from the get go but if you want early morning pickup for an early flight, forget it. Go back to a taxi. Uber very unreliable from 5am-6am even when you pre book the evening before. Drivers that pickup the ride (from some distance away I might addd) and then ditch you when a closer pickup comes along. Terrible experiences of late and I just won’t use the service early any more.

What a disgraceful company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

What a disgusting company Uber is to deal with. My wife's account was compromised two days ago, and thanks to Uber's AWESOME customer service, they not only changed the mobile number associated with her account to a mobile that isn't hers WITHOUT her authorization so that the hacker could continue to use her account, the company is completely uncontactable on the phone to resolve any issues related to their insecure service, and their "customer service" takes hours to respond.

Their application is completely insecure, given it does not mandate two factor authentication - there is a REASON the Indian Banks MANDATE this from the application - because it makes it SECURE!

Thank god for Pay Pal protection and credit card protection.

We will never use Uber again, and actively tell all of our friends what a horrible experience we have had, and strongly recommend against using them.

• 4 comments
Private message

Decided not to pick up a special needs person.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

My brother is a special needs person who we booked an Uber to take him to work. The driver was sitting outside his place but cancelled the trip and refused to pick my brother but still charged him a cancellation fee and Uber apparently refund as credits. Well not good enough to take money from a special needs person the money should be refund into his account ASAP!. So decided to book a taxi with no issues. Must say a taxi is still better than an UBER. WILL NEVER BOOK UBER AGAIN WILL ALWAYS BOOK A TAXI!

Never Again

Booked Uber at airport
The wait time on the app was useless
Rang driver to find out how long
The answer was not even close to actual time
When he arrived the car stunk

Perth

• 6 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Their business model will exclude me

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Have been in an Uber with a friend who organised the service through her smartphone app, the service both to and from our location. The car was clean, drivers friendly and provided a good service.
I am one of those people who never downloads apps nor would ever trust a third party charging service to one of my accounts and especially credit card through a mobile phone interface and faceless third party server.

I just don't trust these new world mobile based payment systems , there is no control and no security and giving others permission to debit freely just does not cut it with me unless I initiate it via my own means. . I don't mind if I control that through my bank myself or by point of sale exchange.

So while I rate the experience good, I'm sticking to Taxi's because I can control the payment method more securely and at my preferred type of payment.
All other mobile apps such as betting and eats are also in the same category with me. ,

• 1 comment
Private message

Charged twice hard to send complaint they need screen shot of double charges. Not sure if uber is do

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Double charged. screen shot was asked of my account charged spent one hour to do this no screen shot no submission. This is so bad doggie uber or drivers? Or both? Cancelled my account! Lost 31.75

Comments

Drivers will not drive up the long driveway to pick me up so by the time I walk to the street I get charged waiting time. My hair get wet when raining..if I was an elderly person they won't wait an... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

dont even think about using them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

if you have an accident i am not sure if the insurance of the driver will cover you-its back to taxis for our group-i dont know why the government does not stop this terrible idea.

Sydney

• 5 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

excellent experiences

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Have used Uber many times in Australia , South Africa , USA
in all cases the cars were clean, near new and very well maintained
in all cases the drivers were helpful & courteous and , if you are wanting to talk , very interesting conversationalists
i find them cheaper than taxis , much better cars and more reliable
i cant fault this company

Private message

Missed flight no uber driver turned up

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Book ride day before for Trip to airport for 0500 am flight, No driver turned up at scheduled time and I missed the flight, Uber are very unreliable out of the normal working day hours for pickups.

Expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

One day they charged $11 and next day around same time they charged $17 .. they are really unprofessional
Its also really unsafely,customer hunter drivers.i had few times experience with uber,driver is driving like a crazy

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Rides cancelled by driver & was charged, more than once, twice, & more!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Have been using Uber for a couple of years now but in more recent times our rides have been cancelled by the driver so we incurred a fee of $10 - that's the first issue - more than annoying to pay $10 for a ride you didn't get, tried to contact the drivers but to no avail. Sent email to Uber (cost of $1 per transaction) have never heard from Uber so continually out of pocket at least $11 per ride which we didn't get - SO ANNOYING, might have to return to TAXI's - at least you get service!!!

Hopeless service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I waited for an hour on 21/09/2018 from 6pm to 7pm. And another 45m8ns at Green valley pub. No response from uber. I got charged $10.00 for not being available for pick. I want my refund.

1 of 31 pages