Will not use them again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I have only used uber 4 times. 1st time went to the house in the next street and then cancelled the trip nest trip was ok but driver would not or could not answer questions next trip driver would not shut up. Last trip car very messy. Now we keep getting charged for trips we know nothing about...We have just had to cancel our credit card again ...No more uber...Never trust a company you cant talk to.

• 5 helpful votes

Extremely bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

If you ride with uber you will pay more that taxi in circumference time, if you drive for uber you’re being slaved and their fired you anytime they want. You can choose other rideshare or even taxis

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Uber charged me for 2 cancellations that the driver cancelled not me and they were 30 minutes late. I didn't hear about the fees until later on and the website does not give a way to challenge this. Going back to cabs

Uber doesn’t support, the drivers ......

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

My partner has been a driver for Uber for nearly a year , people here in Australia are so racist . I am in born in Australia; but comments from passagers are disgusting, making a report to Uber is a very poor ; they don’t support drivers as they are the innocent victims. Bad reputation Uber Not happy .....

overcharged again, i consider this outright theft

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

in June-1km trip was quoted $5 but charged $7.50{minimum charge}, in July- same 1km trip quoted min $7.50 but charged $15.80 one way, then $13.06 for return trip 10mins later, still waiting to hear back from uber to explain why.........uber wont be getting the chance to steal from me again

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Poor Cancellation Policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I ordered an Uber earlier in the week to take me home from the train station in a South-Western suburb of Melbourne.
A driver accepted the fare and then didn't turn up. I waited for 30 minutes at night outside the train station watching his car on the Uber app not move the entire time. I tried to call the driver multiple times but the call wouldn't connect. I then managed to get hold of the driver through the chat function in the Uber app and he said "Sorry i wasn't on my screen for all this time" which was obviously a lie as he had accepted my fare. I got the feeling he wanted me to cancel the trip so he could reap the benefit of a cancellation fee for doing absolutely nothing. I have heard of this becoming a problem with ride-share systems and i was not going to give him this benefit.
By this point i had started walking home. The driver then cancelled the fare about an hour after i'd ordered the Uber because i am guessing he couldn't take another fare whilst he was still matched with me. He made sure that he drove to the pickup point and waited there for 5 minutes so he could say that i wasn't at the pickup destination and could claim a cancellation fee from me. So after walking 30 minutes home in the dark, I then got charged a $10 cancellation fee through Uber because i was not at the destination when the driver arrived - not taking into account that the driver arrived almost a full hour after i had requested the ride. Was i supposed to wait there for an hour for him?!
I have no doubt in my mind that after the driver accepted my fare, he decided that he didn't want to take my trip as it was a short-ish trip home from the train station. He played dumb and wanted me to cancel the trip. I have heard of this happening before but to charge the customer a cancellation fee after going through all of this is just a joke! Uber this process is an absolute disgrace!
I disputed the fee through the Uber app but they won't refund my money into my bank account. They give you a $10 credit to spend on your next Uber trip. What a scam! Please be wary of drivers rorting the system like this and Uber allowing it to happen!

Rating mystery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

An uber driver picked me up today and wondered why my rating was so low. It was 4.09 when he picked me up. The low rating was most likely due to my 16 year old using my account. However after the ride for which I was rated 5, my overall rate decreased from 4.09 to 4.07. How does that work?

Worst service I have experienced.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

1st ride request - car went past the designated safe loading zone - he cancelled and they charge me $8
2nd ride request - car did not turn up at all - Another $8
3rd ride request - we moved to a bus station - same car as 2nd request went on past and only stopped when we pursued him to the traffic lights. Has anyone found a way to make them aware and give a refund.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
Private message

Guy stank. Charged me over 1 dollar for being “late” which was maybe 20seconds. He didn’t say a word

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Rude and overcharged me. Also stank like a regular taxi. Taxi only costs $5 more, so Uber.... what’s the point?... i caught a taxi home for 35 plus, Uber was around $34

Terrible service they don't care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

We had a pizza delivered upside down and the topping was stuck to the box... the driver was shown and said oh well and left. When uber was called the only help was a refund which could take days!!! If you order through the restaurant's you would receive replacement food and a refund. Uber should not exist... a group of people who don't give a damn!.

Uber riders app unresponsive. Just like Uber. Impossible to ghet satisfactory help

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

My uber app keeps freezing, (IOS). I can't book a ride in advance. I can't find how to fix the problem. Uber help is non existent. I can't delete and reinstall the uber app. All very frustrating. The range of suggested help is irrelevant to my app's issues.
I tried to cancel a ride 10 seconds, (yes 10 seconds, not 5 minutes as uber state), after placing the booking and my app froze. The only way I could get it to work again was to accept the $8.00 cancelation fee. My app still frozen. None of the help suggestions work. This is not the first time the app has failed. I am losing faith in Uber. Impossible to have any meaningful contact with Uber.
Any suggestions out there???. I have restarted the app, and my phone, (5 times), but all to no avail. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app but I can't delete it. Maybe I should go back to Taxis?

Terrible service atg Melbourne & Perth airports

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

In Melbourne was told uber would take 6 minutes. According to map vehicle had hardly moves position after 15 minutes. Had to cancel and catch a cab.
At Perth Airport uber app directed driver to pick up point outside airport and then driver cancelled and suddenly another driver was on his way. Driver never turned up and did not respond to messages. Again we had to catch a cab.
Uber has the audacity to include a .60c per minute wait charge in their fees but there is no compensation for making their customers wait or simply not turning up.
To add insult to injury you are unable to lodge a complaint outside of their specified complaints. A fairer dispute resolution system should be in place.

Absolutely Rubbish Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I ordered an Uber at 6.30pm on Saturday in Adelaide, On the app i had a Fixed price of $87.00 for the 29km into the city, Now i see yesterday i have been charged $385.00 for my ride and uber help are saying this is a fine charge for the service. I will not be taking an uber Ever again even if it was my last choice if i was dying. RIDICULOUS and you cant even talk to anyone on the phone only the drivers can.

PEAKHURST

great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

my uber experience was great, driver arrived on time, his vehicle was nice and clean and he took me to my destination without any problems.
we had a few conversations and he was friendly.

Fraudulent Cancellation Fees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I believe that it is fraudulent to charge an $8-00 cancellation fee due to the fact that the mobile phone set up is very poor for ordering the desired time that the vehicle is required. Doesn't happen with a taxi cab.

Hacked credit card info - robbed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

I’ve use Uber twice only recently. This morning at 5:13 am someone in Sydney through Uber took unauthorised money out of my account. I tried to contact Uber to complain but Uber gives no direct phone contact for customers, only drivers. The website was like a rabbit warren and I finally found an email and complained. I had to contact my bank and shut down my credit card and reorder- huge hassle. Uber no more. Never again. Be warned you could be hacked and robbed too.

Rating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

I had a five star rating and remained at that rating after using uber for weeks , then all of a sudden I dropped to 4.97 There was no logical explanation I am always polite thank them for picking me up and thank and compliment when we reach the destination. I always give the driver 5 but now I think I am wasting my time being so nice.

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

A rip-off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

We called for an uber at 11:30 pm on a saturday night from vincent street to mt. Pleasant which for anyone familiar with Perth would know is only a 10 minute drive. The uber bill was $80!!!.
Even a taxi would cost no more than $30 at that time of night.
I will not use uber again and would like to warn everyone of this unscrupulous business.

Best service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

A Uber driver took me to Carindale shopping Centre yesterday.I left my mobile with all my cards in it.He went above & beyond to get that mobile back to me.I can’t thank him enough.Great service.
Shirley Easton

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Fraudulent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

I ordered an Uber last night and it didn't turn up. I ended up having to hail a cab. I have just checked my emails and bank account and it appears I have been charged for an uber ride that didn't take place. I am guessing someone else took my uber. I was stood outside the building of the pick up address so the uber driver clearly went to the wrong address and picked up the wrong person. That is the last time I will use Uber.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes