Brisbane

Verified Customer

Don’t use it if you have a kid under 7

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Reply below from UBER support is self explainatory!

Sorry to hear that the trip was cancelled. I understand that when you request a ride using the app, you trust your driver-partner that he will come to pick you up especially that you have your kid with you.

Users of the app are obliged to follow the guidelines as set by Uber's Community Guidelines.

If your child is under 7 years old, they are required to be in an approved child seat. At this time, you aren't able to request a car with a child seat. It is definitely on the radar though.

If you have your own approved child restraint, you could call the driver-partner to confirm they would be happy to drive you and your child.

When you're ready to travel, order an Uber through the app, then call the driver-partner directly to confirm this would not be a problem. As we do not currently have UberFAMILY in your city, it will be up to the driver-partner whether or not they are ok with this.

It appears the cancellation fee was correctly applied, as your trip was canceled more than 5 minutes after the driver-partner accepted the fare, so we will not provide a refund in this case.

This is to ensure fairness to driver-partners as it means they won’t be kept waiting - after all, they take the time to get to your pickup point.

If you need to cancel a trip in future, in order to avoid a cancellation fee, please be sure do so within 5 minutes of requesting a ride.

If you think Uber is better alternative

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

The Uber map used by their drivers doesn’t always work. Those drivers, some are taxi drivers who can’t find work in driving taxi- some are as just bad as bad taxi drivers. Not everyone is bad. Some are rude- unprofessional as you know, they are Uber drivers. So they can be rude, think it’s social event, they want talking. If your social behaviours are being “rated”. They say Uber get you Qantas Frequent Flyer points, never got any over a year. Sometime in the past, didn’t see drivers, never arrived. And if drivers didn’t like you, they “rated” your “star”. Whose star do we follow exactly? Don’t we go by the professional driving and ride to destination as the guide? Watch out yourself. Even as simple as Uber ride, there are different personalities- one with European thick accent wanted to ask personal question, driving slower than other cars, asking this that, can report you to Uber headquarter. I tried Uber for 1 year, giving it up. I encountered some very rude drivers, some of them are even full time doing night shift for driving Uber, it is not very different from those taxi. Some taxi drivers can be nice/rude, just depend who you meet. The only thing I gave it a try because of the fare deducted right from the credit card. If you watch carefully, it is actually nothing cheaper than taxi.
So I gave 2/5 star point to Uber, compared to 1.7/5 from the majority, it’s actually quite a good score from me.

Gold star & kangaroo stamp to special Uber driver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

My granddaughter left her credit cards and other ID in an Uber car on Saturday evening. The driver tracked her down and brought the cards back on Tuesday. We have no record of this honest driver's details, so just wanted to award him a big hug and special thanks from a Grateful Grandma!

I booked a trip for $70 but I get $113 charged instead

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

My wife and I get a Uber for $70 announced to go from our place at Phillip Bay to Sydney Olympic Park but the receipt came with $113 charged. Over $40 extra charge!?!?!?
It shows on the details of the bill extra charges as tolls, CTP, Levy and booking fee.
So, wth is going on with this service?
I’ll go back to the old school cabs!

False charges! Dodgy App! Service has degraded over time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Been using uber frequently for over the course of a year now and it has slowly been getting worse, and apps getting dodgier over time with false charges!

Keep getting charged wait times when I’m the one that’s waiting not the uber driver! Some how there uber driver can say they have arrived at the destination when their still around the corner in heavy traffic!

Also majority of drivers have cars that are unclean and smell bad.

Will likely stop using uber when the next thing comes up.

Abhorrent service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Ashfield to potts points, and driver goes via north Sydney. After lodging a complaint with uber they reply and says price is fair, how could that be so when the trip would have taken half the time if driver had of taken propper route. your poor form will bite hard, money grabbers

Gold Coast

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 42 helpful votes
Private message

I am returning to the CABS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Driver and rude and aggressive towards me (a small female) who attempted to blame to for cancellation of the trip. The Driver cancelled the trip and the FW charged me cancellation fee. I am over the stress of their mistakes. I am returning to the cabs

Melbourne

Uber service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

On 30th Nov I booked an uber in Hawthorn. On live screen the driver indicated his distance which was 5minutes away. He diverted his trip to another place. Subsequently my trip was forwarded to another then another drivers. After the wait of nearly 45minutes I made my own way to the destination. I was very late for my appointment too. After complaining to uber they have not apologised for my inconvenience. I have the screen shots of the pattern of drivers behaviour with timings too. This has happened to me 2nd time. I conclude that uber is unreliable service.

• 1 review
Private message

Terrible can never get a ride on time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I try to book an Uber nearly everyday but when I go to book one it says 10 minutes away and changes to 25 minutes. Or I get one but they cancel on me every time.
Terrible service

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Uber has no follow up and no customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I was charged for 2 cancellations however Uber cancelled on me. There is no way of actually talking to Uber to resolve this as there is no Customer Service. Please be aware that you have no rights when it comes trying to get your money back for services that have not been supplied

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Uber Scam they don’t turn up and you have to pay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I ordered an Uber. It stopped about 100 yards away “artivevin 1 minute”. Ten minutes later I had to drive myself. Driver cancelled the trip and now I’m being charged a $10 cancellation fee for nothing. Lose Uber stay with Taxis

Uber customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Worse customer service I ever received. Highly nonprofessional staff uploaded wrong application under my name to state growth. And gave me excuse to hide their mistake. Everybody makes mistake, but I expected them to be straightforward. Staff didn’t allow me to talk to Manager for complain.

It use to be good but now...forget about it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I use to be a big fan of uber because of their reliability to pick you up but now I have become less inclined to book an uber because on many occasions my bookings got cancelled and when I rang uber about the driver to complain no one answers and when they do they will tell you that they will rectify the problem but never do. Today I caught an uber and it will be my last because he was driving like a maniac, I was literally bouncing off the back seat and whats worse he's attitude stank as well as he smelt like crap. I'm going back to taxis.

Taking a longer route navigation rather than shorter route to destination

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Navigation is very poor. Taking longer route just to get to the destination. Instead of A to B, it will take you from A to C and comes back to B!

Absolute moron

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Speed was irratic and all over the road I wouldn’t recommend this driver at all as I did not feel safe at all rego BP78QJ run the other way and save yourself if this car shows up

Terrible first experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We used Uber today to go from Mardi to GOSFORD for lunch. Then when we tried to book a ride home no Uber available.
Terrible service I’ll stick with Taxis.

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

People shouldn't be rated, only the company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I won't ever use Uber *because* of it's rating system. We don't want a dystopian future where everyone is rated. Did you see Black Mirror? If I'm paying for a service, so long as I'm not rude, violent, or messy then who cares what I do, or don't do in the car. If I don't want to talk to the driver, or want to sit in the back seat, then that is my choice as a *paying* customer. Down with Uber, you vile company!

Drove thru a red light

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

28th Oct..myself and friend shared uber..driver drove thru intersection in Clifton Hill straight thru a red light..I yellee out from back seat " you're driving thru a red light!". He then blamed us for giving him directions. Then charged us $ 15 extra fee! I have usee uber before nil issues but feel inclined to go back to taxis after that..in 40 yrs of using taxis never had one take me thru a red light. Thank god nothing coming the other way. Hoping it was red light camera.

Uber’s actually show up unlike taxis

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Last time I ordered a cab they didn’t show up and left me on hold for an hour before I just hung up and caught an Uber. The Uber was at my home within 2 minutes. Uber’s are so much more reliable and cheap than taxis

Rude customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Disrespectful with customer. Staffs are so rude. They were laughing each other about me during the phone call. They don't know how to talked with customer. Don't talked nicely.

1 of 33 pages

Do Uber have Pensioner concession fares?

Rob asked on Nov 29, 2018

No they don’t

I assume it is just the Aust. providers like Yellow and Black and White.

Can I pay cash to the driver in Melbourne Australia?

Blossoms asked on Oct 31, 2018

Answer this

I am not aware of any way to pay the driver cash if you use the App to order a ride. However if you arranged for him to pick you up without using the App (call him/her privately) you could probably get him/her to quote you for the trip and pay him cash. They are not supposed to do it but many do. I am not sure of the insurance arrangements in these cases.

As far as I know (and the procedure I followed) was to book the uber through the app upon which you include your bank details. Once your journey is completed uber bills you through your bank account and this is how they collect the money.
The downside to this is, for my ride the driver did not arrive for over 20 minutes and I was charged a 10AUD cancellation fee which I have disapproved.
Further I had to cancel my bank card and have a new card issued by my bank to prevent any further deductions from my bank account by uber.
Giving bank details to unknown parties are tricky and something I choose to avoid.
Uber is not any cheaper than taking a silver cab or a 13cab (some drivers do not know their way around Melbourne - watch out that your fair is not increased due to this)
Uber hires any person who wishes to drive for them, they lack professionalism and I would not use the uber service in the future
Hope this helps :)

Thank you for the information. I too dont like giving my credit card details. Sometimes I have missed important apointments dueto the delay òf the taxi more than 45 mins

Has anyone found a phone number that you can call to speak to a human being if you have an issue you can't fix through the App? The 1300 number on the site, even though it says 24/7 rider support turns out to be only support for the drivers.

Peter asked on Oct 24, 2018

Answer this

Read both your review and this question.

My family and friends have been using Uber extensively for nearly 3 years and have never been able to find any reference to Rider phone support. Please provide the relevant Rider web link you mentioned.

Research of their website only mentions Driver phone support.
(..Got questions about driving with Uber?
Driving with Uber...
5 Ways to Contact Uber for Help
Whether you’re on the road or taking the day off, drivers can contact Uber for support whenever they need to — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
4. Phone support..)

Drivers main feedback is about riders who forget phone, sunglasses etc. Typically Drivers get abused, threatened, assaulted and receive no monetary compensation. I guess it is not surprising then that some items are tossed out (or taken by a subsequent rider).

Also not surprising, given hacking etc, that Uber refuse to help when a rider can’t provide correct account details.

Anyway there are a number of additional documented ways to contact Uber and specifically include lost items.

A friend forgot their phone in a taxi. Rang the taxi company and provided all the trip details etc. If you guessed the phone was returned you guessed wrong. New Phone=$1100.

If you do locate an Uber contact number, find a ‘phone contactable company’ or get your phone back please share here. Thanks.

I happened to be a passenger in a car and I spotted a very large building with an UBER sign on it. I went in and the staff there were very helpful. It was a Driver centre where they processed applications for new drivers. I explained my problem to the young man at the counter who said one of the support staff could help me. After about 15 minutes a young lady listened to my story again, took identification, found the driver and called him. He had the phone. He subsequently dropped it into the Driver Centre where I will pick it up today. Happy (if very lucky) ending. Write down your user name and password as if you get them wrong you haven;'t got a chance.

More interesting is that the driver still had it.

In this instance you solved the issue by visiting their office which contradicts with your ‘no chance’ comment above !?

I assume you were mistaken about the Rider contact number.

Did you give a ‘Lost Item Return Fee’, for YOUR inconvenience to the driver, as listed in the Help section of the app?
Hint - your phone is worth more than $20 :)