Kambah

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Did not show up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I joined Uber recently and tried to schedule a pick up (in Sydney) on their app. It showed correctly but when I edited the time the next morning the details of the upcoming trip were removed from the app. And the app showed 2 cancellations for a different day when I didn't schedule any trips! No one showed up, I can't contact Uber by email or phone, and they charged me multiple temporary authorisation charges on my Paypal account. It's pathetic that you can't contact them for help, their help section does not provide their contact details. No customer service at all. Never again! If you have problems with them they won't be resolved.

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Not a fan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I am not a fan of uber. At first I used them because they were the most convenient option. Now I have been opening Uber and then Taxify and then Ola. I can't recall Uber ever being the cheapest. I also like the drivers to be looked after and prefer using Taxify or Ola due to the drivers getting more commission.

Never rid with Uber.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

First time I use Uber service was very very bad, coming from 32 hours trip from Russia to Melbourne, order Uber service did not come for pick up for 45 minute, after calling again, the driver said to me to come to him, I was at the airport share taxi zone, with my wife and three baggage bitter cold morning on Saturday morning 7.45 am, frustrated I call off the taxi and cancelled my trip to burwood, called another Uber service same story, finally I took silver cab service, from airport, and got home, for $20.00 cheaper they day was wasted, I will never ever going to use Uber service, so unreliability was the service, evening when I check my message I was sharked with 20.00 dollar call fess, Uber you really sucks, I would advise think before using Uber cab service. Rate this company very low and 1 star.

$10 cancelatuon fee is a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I ordered an Uber. They cancelled. Another was booked and the time it took to get to me kept creeping out. 3 minutes turned into 4.. then into 5... then 6.... So decided to cancel as a cab came around and had to pay $10 for the cancellation fee. Uber, you are a pack of manhoods.

Uber rip off and they just don’t care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

We used Uber frequently and my husband for regular airport trips as fifo. This week the trip that usually cost $45 was charged at $110.90 for no reason - normal day, time etc I contacted Uber and they really said how sad too bad and then offer $15 credit (which hasn’t come) and then they say case closed and you can’t when reply again the app! Extremely poor and they just do t care

Unauthorized transactions being taken from my bank

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Uber has removed money from my account for a 1 off trip in mid may and have charged 3 times for different amounts over the past month. Never will we use uber again, I am extremely angry as I have had to cancel my card because of these fraudulent transactions.

MELBOURNE

Unbelievable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

My step son usually catches an Uber after work from the city as he knocks off after 12 pm and there is no public transport. The fare is usually no more that $50 to point cook, last night he caught an Uber and it cost him $162.00. Price gouging is alive, price surging is wrong. No more Uber for my family, they have done their dash, consumers beware.

Uber is not supportive. I never recommend to anyone.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Today I booked Uber and it was showing me 4 min away so I accepted trip but I have waited more than 10 minutes and after that I called driver many time but he didn’t received my call so then I called Uber office and team member of Uber told me that he couldn’t help me. It’s was not my fault if driver couldn’t come he should canceled trip but he couldn’t that’s why I had to canceled because I already waited for him more than 10 minutes and even he didn’t receive my call also. This is too bad for rider because Uber charge me 10$ cancelation fee due to Uber driver fault.
I booked Uber at 2:37 pm at that time driver was 4 min away from my pickup location after 5 min he was 1 min away from pickup location. Then after 10 he didn’t come so I called him more than 3 time he didn’t receive my call so finally I called Uber team but they refused to help me out and finally I canceled my trip at 2:56pm. So I waited 20 min for Uber driver still they deducted 10$ from my account as a cancelation charge because of driver fault. I found Uber application terrible today.

Quoted price $19 Charged $39+ NEVER AGAIN Very disappointed as when getting into Uber asked driver i

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

My experience tonight was so disappointing!
A regular distance that I have traveled for many years hence understood Taxi comparison costs with Uber. When I looked to confirm Uber the price for inbound journey was $16 yet actual charge was $32+. When booking via Uber app for return journey I questioned driver as to quoted price and he took no responsibility yet confirmed that it should definitely be as quoted. Price quoted was $19 yet after disembarking vehicle and charge came through to credit card it was $39+. This is a trip that I have regularly traveled in cabs and never paid in excess of $21. Traffic was very light and we were home in quick time.
No responsibility from driver and charged double what was quoted. Very disappointing, dishonest and no one takes responsibility. I have always been a supporter of Uber until tonight!
Very dishonourable business and definitely no longer an option. I will not hesitate to share my below substandard experience tonight to enlighten others if Uber’s poor and misleading conduct and ethos.

Private message

Disappointing experience with a driver refusing to take us to the airport

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

We had an early morning flight out of Brisbane. Booked an Uber XL for a family of 5. [name removed] was our nominated driver in Audi Q7 took one look at us with our luggage and said I will not take you. I tried to say we have 1 suitcase and 4 carry on pieces of luggage, but refused to enter any further discussions and said no I am not taking you. Did not offer to help or assist and drove off. Luckily we had a more suitable experience with a Honda Odessey driver 3 mins later who was close by. This is the first time I have ever experienced any bad service with Uber in all my trips over the last few years.

Sydney

Verified Customer

Uber Driver Cancelled the booking, Uber promised to refund but never refund the money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Uber Driver cancelled my booking but later I found they charged to my account. I emailed to Uber Support and they emailed me back that they will refund the money but they never refund it. I waited more than 2 months and emailed them back, I got a reply from noreply@uber.com -
"Thanks for your reply to a previous support inquiry.
To make sure we get your messages to the right place, we’re unable to respond to conversations that have been closed....".
I found Uber is very unethical company. I will not go for other legal action for $10, but I strongly recommend everyone not to use Uber, if you have other alternative.
"The most unethical company ever"

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ordinary. Actually terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Disgrace. 17 min wait then driver cancels. Only 6 minutes wait when the fare was accepted. This is breach of contract in my opinion. Taxies any day from now on.

worst ever exerience with Uber driver

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Driver went to wrong pickup address. I phoned & gave him directions to the next street. Reply: How will i find next street in the dark? That was my last Uber.

An unfair company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

They just think of themselves and the company not caring about the drivers as their employees. They just talk and just words. If you loose rate as driver, they reject you for your entire life and don't let you to work as an Uber eat driver either because they don't care about you. If you lose the job , someone else will take your position so why they should care?
people invest their money to bye a car and without giving them enough time and just trusting the customer's rates they fire you. So disappointing.

Adelaide, South Australia

• 1 answer

It might be OK for you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

There is no in-car video protection for the passenger
Rider's word against driver's. Good luck.
Driver background checks are being relaxed - how safe is the rider when there were already risks?
There is, (as stated by the London transport authority,) "a lack of corporate responsibility ~ issues which have potential public safety and security implications," http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-22/uber-loses-licence-to-operate-in-london-after-transport-decision/8977008
The driver gets minimum wage, no benefits
and that's just touching the surface!
Riders are supporting this racket and I refuse to take part.

Cancellations

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Over the last few days i have had any awful time with uber. First, the app put my location about 30 mins from where i was, then charged me a cancellation fee. I've now had 2 drivers in a row cancel their ride even though i could see the cars drive past me! There is also apparently no contact support section on the app. I would not recommend this if you have any other options.

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Try to book Uber, they told me something wrong with payment and I tried every method of payment but still didn’t gone through, I have to wait for one hour but couldn’t fix payment. I went for help but still failed. They should improve their service.

Kippa ring

Gossip

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Redcliffe drivers gossip about every trip they do . I've heard from many passengers about every journey they have done.Unless it's a police matter and you don't take it to the police Ithey should shut up or not do the drive ? Best pay out of towners who are happy to cruise in and out . Next time could lead ya big mouths to a law suit ?

Melbourne, Victoria

Latest Uber Ripoff

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I have just been ripped off for approx $120 by Uber. They no longer advise when surge is in place, but instead just quote a fare. A trip I regularly take that costs $52-$58 was quoted at $233.95. I thought this could only be a mistake and thought I had cancelled the request. I then booked a Nissan Navarra who turned up, drove past my house then charged wait time. I was shocked to get a fare of $173. So the first inclination I had of the surge being in place was after the trip was completed. The driver made no mention of surge. This is deceptive and misleading conduct. Despite many emails to Uber they refused to refund my money. Unfortunately this is the first and last problem I have had with Uber. I urge everyone to ask their driver before departure what the fare estimate is. Then if you have been hit with surge you can at least cancel before you get ripped off. I will be trying all other alternatives.

Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Was charge for cleanup fee of $90 for being sick in car mostly got myself yes happy to pay for that for reason but $90 also accused us of eating and drinking in car which we weren't no photos to proof that any of it happened but still charged.
So make sure if anything happen have photo evidence or something to back your self up probably cleaned up him self as mot receipt was shown for retailing.

1 of 26 pages