Account hacked

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

My Uber account was hacked and someone was able to some how have a shared account with me so I was paying for all their rides. I asked Uber how this was possible as they told me a guy called [name removed] was sharing my account. They never answered how this happened!!!

Rating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

I had a five star rating and remained at that rating after using uber for weeks , then all of a sudden I dropped to 4.97 There was no logical explanation I am always polite thank them for picking me up and thank and compliment when we reach the destination. I always give the driver 5 but now I think I am wasting my time being so nice.

Melbourne

Private message

UberPool is a good idea but defeats the purpose

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I used UberPool over the weekend as it is newly introduced in Melbourne and claims to be 70% cheaper than the usual version. It is quite a good product if you’re on a tight budget but the drivers don’t seem keen on it, the one time I used it I had to walk to the pick up location about 15mins and then wait a further 15mins for the car to arrive, and the driver refuses to cross the T junction of traffic lights to get to me (although he clearly knew it was me as I was the only one at the sidewalk waving at him).

Adelaide

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes

Uber vehicle inspection

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

I am a Uber driver. We have to inspect our vehicle to make sure that our vehucle are in acceptable conditions for passenger safety. When I book for inspection I wasnt given any information on cost of inspection they had. But upon arrival at workshop I found out its 75.00. Well if you are charging for something I believe it is good to pre inform while making a booking rather than taking by surprise. If we are pre inform we can work out and plan ahead. I understand there are fees for the services but would have been more professional if you can pre inform the applicants.

Cheers !!

Over charged

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I caught uber from Bald Hills to Aspley on the night of the 24th of June. Uber couldn't give me an exact quote. I asked the driver, he didn't know but estimated around the $20 mark. The next day I checked. I was charged $36. I was slugged a $15 surcharge. Im sticking with taxis. They're cheaper.

I'm an Uber driver.....

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

All Uber drivers are "TRACEABLE"....For your info, Uber should and can get hold any driver at any time (or they can lock them out if they have issues with them)!! To read some of the issues raised in this forum seems a little far-fetched or Uber is not being "Fair"... My opinion is to get these "dodgy" drivers identified and boot them out of Uber...gives us a bad name...

Kippa ring

Gossip

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Redcliffe drivers gossip about every trip they do . I've heard from many passengers about every journey they have done.Unless it's a police matter and you don't take it to the police Ithey should shut up or not do the drive ? Best pay out of towners who are happy to cruise in and out . Next time could lead ya big mouths to a law suit ?

Uber has gotten worse

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

I have not been in a cab for over two years because I could not praise Uber enough...well boy has that changed, cars are dirty, they have reduced the drivers commission I believe hence no more water and mints (loved this personal touch ), and now they charge up to triple the normal fare and why ? Because it’s a busy period ....so what let people wait a bit longer , it just means the drivers are making more money and being extra busy ! I’ll try the new Ola from now on !

Mostly good

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I have had pretty good service from Uber until last Tuesday. I booked an Uber to pick me up. I watched the driver do circles trying to find my location. I then tried to ring the driver to give further directions (other than the address I supplied in the order). I could not get through as his phone went straight to voicemail. He then cancelled my order and I got charged $10 cancellation fee (because he had to wait more than five minutes). NOT HAPPY UBER! I want my money back!!!!

Too expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

The cost of an Uber ride was outrageous. For a distance of 4.8 km cost $26. Your competition is hot on your heels! Reassess your surcharges so that you remain competitive.

Booking for specific times

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

I got charged a cancellation fee when I had thought I'd requested a driver at a certain time. It was my first time using the service, I selected the time window then the pickup drop off locations. But then I got a message telling me where 3 drivers were, not thinking anything of it went about getting ready until the driver called. So needed to cancel. When I tried to book by destinations first choose the car and then the booking window got an error message. So in the end I booked it Just in time. There was any story.....

Great - if they rock up

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

I booked one for transport to Melb airport. Tracker described the car that was on its way. Then the info changed to another car supposedly because it was closer - tho the tracker said it was further away. This meant pick-up time would be on the far edge of requested pick-up time. A few minutes later the tracker said that car had also canceled and they were trying to find another driver. TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER DRIVER!?! YOU HAVE ONE JOB!! Fortunately, another car came and was only a few minutes late and made great time and I had allowed lots of extra time so it ended up ok (the driver I had was great;.as was previous one even tho he got lost due to traffic works) but it may not have. If you're pressed for time, use a taxi.

Lounge Room

• 19 answers
Private message

Child safety and the law

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Did you know that parents expect their children can be transported by Uber without the parent supplying and fitting approved child seating?

The Law
Federal and state laws mandate the children less than 8 years old must be secured in approved child car seats.
The ONLY exemption is taxis.
Uber drivers (not parents) incur fines and points if stopped by police.

The Reality
Parents would never allow their kids to travel unsecured in their own cars.
In an accident unsecured children have been thrown through the windscreen resulting in injury, permanent disability or death.

Parent responsibility
Parents must supply and install child car seats and stop expecting drivers to break the law.

Uber driver responsibility
Refuse to transport unsecured children and report incident so Uber can take appropriate action.

Convoluted UX design

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

Hard to find features such as "split fare". App is not intuitive and slightly frustrating to use. Great concept but put off via app experience (a shame for a promising go-to)

Ashgrove’s

Uber has changed lot

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

I have been uber rider for past year and i used it daily. I have noticed there prices has gone so high that there's not much difference in cab ride anymore. Its very disappointing how you guys keep doing that. And also drivers are not very aware of location which make us pay even more than we expected. I started using uber because it was fast affordable and convenient but now its not same.
One valued customer lost. Will not order uber anymore.

Shortcuts that appear on Uber App

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

I regret I am most unimpressed that the Uber imposed shortcuts that arbitrarily appear on my Uber Map are a major frustration. Surely as the user I should have the option whether or not a shortcut is required. I now have destination shortcuts which I will never use again..... Come on Uber...... At least give the users an option to retain/delete a destination other than under 'saved' places menu option. Responses to queries raised with Uber (through the Uber 'delete account' menu option) also indicated that while staff tried to assist in resolving my frustration with the Uber imposed shortcuts they regrettably seemed completely in the dark on the subject!

No Uber available

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Tried to get Uber 10 times and it kept coming up no service in area try later had to get back from operation from Hospital. First time ever used Uber, will and cannot be trusted again, looks like it's back to the Buses for me. Shame it could be good but not trustworthy means you can't trust them for a trip that you need to make.I got the bus home and it only cost $2.50. Yes I am the winner more money in my pocket!!!

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

New immediate attention dont drop to 13 cabs poor services level

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Restricting to app booking, if data run low you are in deep trouble. Gps coordination are not easily accurate. Big problem if were to explain address destination not approved by company or insurer. No easy way to rectify the address. Email receipts are incredible annoying with advertisement and too many Image. Clogging email. Work cover now endorse uber ride so with those Images on email receipts forced you to go to the actual website to download invoice. Some drivers gets to cancel last minutes resulting late to appointment like to doctor visit.

ayr

Mostly good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

How can you trust them when I got a ride from Brisbane city to the airport which usually cost around $30 but get charged $75.60 they claim it was in a high demand period. How am I to know when there is a high demand.

Okay alternatives

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I frequently use uber because of its cheaper rate compared to normal cabs and greater availabilities. Generally, most of my drives experiences were positive. The cars were usually clean and the drivers were very nice and punctual. Sometimes, I encountered bad drivers who didnt come as they suppose to. I called them many times (but no one pick up) and the app didnt update the car location.Then i just got fined of 10 boxes for which not even my fault. I tried to report it with uber but sadly no response from them so far.

1 of 2 pages