• 5 comments
  • 17 helpful votes

excellent experiences

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Have used Uber many times in Australia , South Africa , USA
in all cases the cars were clean, near new and very well maintained
in all cases the drivers were helpful & courteous and , if you are wanting to talk , very interesting conversationalists
i find them cheaper than taxis , much better cars and more reliable
i cant fault this company

what a useful app

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

This is a great way to get around when on holiday! I was worried about it at first when I had to put in my card details but it is actually very safe. The drivers are lovely

PEAKHURST

great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

my uber experience was great, driver arrived on time, his vehicle was nice and clean and he took me to my destination without any problems.
we had a few conversations and he was friendly.

Best service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

A Uber driver took me to Carindale shopping Centre yesterday.I left my mobile with all my cards in it.He went above & beyond to get that mobile back to me.I can’t thank him enough.Great service.
Shirley Easton

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Great service. Never had bad service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Uber are fantastic. I never use taxis anymore. They are much quicker and a lot cheaper. The cars are always clean and the drivers are very friendly. I feel safer in an uber as a female as opposed to a taxi. I live in Adelaide.

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I've never ever had any problems with Uber and find it to be a fast friendly reliable way to get from here to there. Most times if drivers go to the wrong address it's because you haven't moved the pin to the correct location. They don't know where to find you otherwise. I know it's an app based service and some people aren't savvy, but if you learn the way it works you shouldn't have more bad experiences.

Excellent!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Excellent company!! Drivers have always been polite and friendly and use the gps which means they cant bump up fares taking the long way. Until the surge gets to 1.8 your still paying less than a cab

The company is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

I feel like a lot of people on here should be reviewing the drivers and not Uber as a company because I've never had an issue with them that wasn't solved promptly and to my satisfaction. The drivers can really be a hit and miss but Uber has always been able to fix my issues if I had any.

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Always quick. Very clean. So friendly. So much cheaper than a taxi and every car i have booked has been on time and efficient and the cars are up to standards .

Verified Customer

Legend driver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

Left a wallet in the car. Shahin drove back to my drop off place because he noticed the wallet on the seat even though he didn't know exactly the name, number or owner of said wallet. Thank you shahin for going above and beyond

Uber, taxi, driver, rider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2017

There are good and bad drivers on uber and taxi. There are also good and bad riders. Think of the good sides. With uber, riders waiting time the most is a mere 20 minutes. Before uber, the waiting time for a taxi is often uncertain. At times the surcharge might be high, most of the time is affodable. As driver can cancel the job, so can the rider... i never remember paying taxi fare $7... i never remember being able to afford taxi after work to go home...

Fantastic service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

On the two occasions in the past I've needed a taxi, I've been told by the taxi company it would take 2.5 hours for the taxi to arrive at my house (the nearest taxi rank is in the next surburb, 10 minutes drive away). Over the weekend we used Uber twice! Fantastic service! Thank you.

Grat company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

We used uber in Perth as we don't have it in tasmaina it's such a fantastic way to get around the drivers are so friendly we do recommend you try them

Port Augusta

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

I recently used Uber in Adelaide for the first time over the weekend. Used Uber 3 times. I did not have any problems with the drivers and the cars they used. Picked me up on time and the cars were new/near new and very clean. Had no problems at all.

Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Cheap and easy to use, the app on mobile devices makes it very easy to choose a pickup and drop off location, also like the payment through PayPal instead of cash.

GREAT EXPERIENCE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I stopped using cabs 7yrs ago after I was insulted by one of their drivers and received not one apology from the company and I used their service often. Since then I have never used any public transport and all the negative feedback about UBER deterred me from using their services. The other day my friend decided to book an UBER driver from Melton she has been using them for about 6mths now and she did it on purpose so that I can stop listening to those with the negative feedback. The driver was very polite, arrived on time , he had the navigator there just like we use it when we are going places nothing different to what we all already do when we drive on our own, but the one thing that stood out to me personally were his driving skills. In all my life of using a taxi type of service I have rarely ever seen someone with such excellent driving skills I haven't seen this for like years since I was like maybe in my 20s. I asked him if he was a cab driver previously as I found it strange that he had such excellent driving skills and he said he had just started with UBER on the weekend and that he has been driving for 25yrs and learnt how to drive in Europe. If anything this guy should look for an occupation in teaching people how to drive properly . At the end of the day we can't complain if a driver is late due to an accident , broken down care or traffic these events are unstoppable I was stuck in traffic in the middle of Melton the other day due to an accident on one side of the road officers decided to close all the road even though the cars were on the nature strip the detour caused traffic, taking you the long way and so forth if you know a better way then don't complain just tell the driver I use to do it with the cab drivers all the time especially if I knew a shorter way, people complaining about fares been taken out when you haven't used the service in ages that is the Banks problem not an UBER problem it happened to my cousin after buying a pizza and as for fees when paying with credit cards well that will happens with cabs too I always paid more when using the credit card that is not UBER or Cabs fault that is a fee your credit card company also charges and those EFTPOS CREDIT CARD machines are not cheap to have in any business either. I guess just like you find a rotten apple in amongst the fresh ones you will find a rotten apple in just about every industry.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

I love Uber

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I was afraid to take Uber for the first time after reading so many negative reviews))) but decided give it a go))) I booked 3 rides between different suburbs of Brisbane and Springfield, QLD. I haven't experienced any problems. All the drivers were really nice and friendly, very relaxed and professional. The cars was new and clean. The waiting time was about 1-3 minutes. No problem with payment. It's cheaper than taxi. I paid with my paypal. Too easy. Don't need to worry about cash or card. Just jump out of the car and go))) Highly recommend!)

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Sorry went to rate our driver Steve Charles and took as only a one star incorrect was above a five great service. Keep up the good work. Many thanks Sandy

• 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes

First time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

I used uber on Saturday and it was a great experience. Will be differently using again. Looking at the reviews I must of got a good one. I would like to see guys compare it to a taxi experience. I wonder how many cab Drivers are putting reviews on. I will see next time I use and see if I am wrong. Also I used PayPal for payment.

• 1 answer

All this hate for Uber and I have been using it for 2 years without issue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Reading all these reviews, and the common issue is fares being cancelled and being charged for them or not being picked up. Make sure you are ready to be picked up! Drivers cant wait around all night for you. Also check your location properly before you submit or type in your address if you have had issues at the same location previously. I have been able to get credits back no problem via the app and they are quick to action.

1 of 3 pages

Can I pay cash to the driver in Melbourne Australia?

Blossoms asked on Oct 31, 2018

Answer this

I am not aware of any way to pay the driver cash if you use the App to order a ride. However if you arranged for him to pick you up without using the App (call him/her privately) you could probably get him/her to quote you for the trip and pay him cash. They are not supposed to do it but many do. I am not sure of the insurance arrangements in these cases.

As far as I know (and the procedure I followed) was to book the uber through the app upon which you include your bank details. Once your journey is completed uber bills you through your bank account and this is how they collect the money.
The downside to this is, for my ride the driver did not arrive for over 20 minutes and I was charged a 10AUD cancellation fee which I have disapproved.
Further I had to cancel my bank card and have a new card issued by my bank to prevent any further deductions from my bank account by uber.
Giving bank details to unknown parties are tricky and something I choose to avoid.
Uber is not any cheaper than taking a silver cab or a 13cab (some drivers do not know their way around Melbourne - watch out that your fair is not increased due to this)
Uber hires any person who wishes to drive for them, they lack professionalism and I would not use the uber service in the future
Hope this helps :)

Thank you for the information. I too dont like giving my credit card details. Sometimes I have missed important apointments dueto the delay òf the taxi more than 45 mins

Has anyone found a phone number that you can call to speak to a human being if you have an issue you can't fix through the App? The 1300 number on the site, even though it says 24/7 rider support turns out to be only support for the drivers.

Peter asked on Oct 24, 2018

Answer this

Read both your review and this question.

My family and friends have been using Uber extensively for nearly 3 years and have never been able to find any reference to Rider phone support. Please provide the relevant Rider web link you mentioned.

Research of their website only mentions Driver phone support.
(..Got questions about driving with Uber?
Driving with Uber...
5 Ways to Contact Uber for Help
Whether you’re on the road or taking the day off, drivers can contact Uber for support whenever they need to — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
4. Phone support..)

Drivers main feedback is about riders who forget phone, sunglasses etc. Typically Drivers get abused, threatened, assaulted and receive no monetary compensation. I guess it is not surprising then that some items are tossed out (or taken by a subsequent rider).

Also not surprising, given hacking etc, that Uber refuse to help when a rider can’t provide correct account details.

Anyway there are a number of additional documented ways to contact Uber and specifically include lost items.

A friend forgot their phone in a taxi. Rang the taxi company and provided all the trip details etc. If you guessed the phone was returned you guessed wrong. New Phone=$1100.

If you do locate an Uber contact number, find a ‘phone contactable company’ or get your phone back please share here. Thanks.

I happened to be a passenger in a car and I spotted a very large building with an UBER sign on it. I went in and the staff there were very helpful. It was a Driver centre where they processed applications for new drivers. I explained my problem to the young man at the counter who said one of the support staff could help me. After about 15 minutes a young lady listened to my story again, took identification, found the driver and called him. He had the phone. He subsequently dropped it into the Driver Centre where I will pick it up today. Happy (if very lucky) ending. Write down your user name and password as if you get them wrong you haven;'t got a chance.

More interesting is that the driver still had it.

In this instance you solved the issue by visiting their office which contradicts with your ‘no chance’ comment above !?

I assume you were mistaken about the Rider contact number.

Did you give a ‘Lost Item Return Fee’, for YOUR inconvenience to the driver, as listed in the Help section of the app?
Hint - your phone is worth more than $20 :)

How do u get an Uber for 2 people?

Michelle J asked on Aug 09, 2018

Answer this

I am assuming that you mean one car and two passengers. If so it is like getting a taxi (one car+2 passengers) except you book via the Uber app.

Yep 1 Uber car for 2 ppl. Only $5 cheaper than a taxi and poor service