Absolutely terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I accidentally left my phone in an uber and there was no help at all in trying to retrieve it. If the driver himself does not answer the phone, there is no way of getting anything lost back. Uber does not step in for 24 hours (because they claim they're not responsible and that their drivers are independent drivers) by which time the phone could easily be stolen and there is no other help they offer and nothing I can do either. Not only that, but they've also made it impossible for you to log into your account from another phone as they ask for a 4-digit code verification that they send to your number. How are you supposed to contact the driver if you can't even log into your account? How are you supposed to do it without a phone in the first place? And yes I know you are supposed to have a phone to use the app, but has no one EVER thought about the scenario of someone leaving their phone in there? They don't even have a support phone number!!! It's only for drivers!!! They have given me absolutely no help at all and my issue isn't even the worst case scenario. There is literally no way for anyone to find the driver's information so in case of danger, you can do nothing. I have no idea if I'm ever going to get my phone back, all because the driver has not picked up his phone and uber is so useless that they don't even try to contact him and let him know of the situation. I'm never using it again.

Account hacked

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

My Uber account was hacked and someone was able to some how have a shared account with me so I was paying for all their rides. I asked Uber how this was possible as they told me a guy called [name removed] was sharing my account. They never answered how this happened!!!

Gold Coast

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Uber on Window doesn't mean you own the road

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

On my way to work this morning I was tailgated by a very impatient "Uber" signed Hyundai Accent - Reg ...YEK. Very impatient male driver. Obviously in quite a hurry as sped past me (over the speed limit through Tallebudgera and Burleigh) Then decided okay to tailgate a motorcyclist. Accident in the waiting.Not a good look and not an efficient driver to be on the roads on a Saturday morning with many families also out and about. Hope I never get him when I need a lift.

Beverly Hills

• 1 helpful vote

My uber Account was hacked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I was in Canberra for a conference on the 11 Sep 2018, I did not user Uber at all in Canberra. When I got back, I found 4 cancelled Uber trips, by 4 different drivers, on the same day 20 mins apart to 4 different locations. Uber has refused to refund the $44.00.fees. They say my relatives and friends used my account so they don't have to refund my account. Apart from the fact I do not live in Canberra, this is ridiculous logic. I tried to remove my card details from Uber but they would not let me, thank goodness I used Pay pal. I removed my billing details from Paypal, but this means I cannot use Pay Pal until I delete my Uber Account. When I spoke to the bank and mentioned Uber they immediately cancelled my card. Do they know something I don't? Uber's customer service might as well be called no service. Thinking back on my trip I believe that the cab driver at the airport somehow scanned my phone, he looks like one of he drivers on the fraudulent charges from Uber, and the addresses are all near where I was dropped off. Most cab drivers are honest and decent but I won't be using my phone in a cab again.
Since writing this Uber and Pay Pal have both got back and declared that these charges are perfectly consistent with my card use, and they can see nothing fraudulent about them. Your case is closed. If I want to complain further I am not allowed to email them I must go back to the website. Even though this is a small amount of money it realiy shows that they do not value customer service.
So next step will be the Department of Consumer Affairs. I am very lucky that I actually have proof of my whereabouts, and there was no way I could have been at 4 different locations cancelling Ubers.

Very poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Today 17/9/18 I had 4 Uber’s cancel, all with in 2 minutes from the pickup address, due to detours in the area, Burswood, Perth. poor map reading...When you pre book so you can arrive at the airport in time... pickup your game Uber, maybe some basic map reading skills could help.

New uber driver app is pathetic and not user friendly.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Not a user friendly app. Certainly it should be reviewed and bring it back to the original version.
Navigation and app layout are not user friendly. Cash out option also not non responsive.

SOFTWARE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH IF YOU DON"T HAVE A SMART PHONE .
AS 82 year old it is abuse to the elderly written by boffins
It needs a review as soon as possible

Uber account hacked!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I am absolutely disgusted that my uber account has been hacked. Not once, but twice! Now my friend has called me and told me she had over $600 worth of rides charged to her accnt. Disgusting that this company can not keep your information private. I will never use this service again. Warning for everyone who uses uber!!!!
Watch your charges!!!!!

I took uber quite often and I find myself getting ripped off more and more!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I often take uber recently. I hate it when the quote and the price I paid is different, and they did not tell you anything. Today I asked them to pick me up at Bunnings. How can one missed Bunnings? So he said he did that I did not put the address correctly. The address I get from my GPS anyway. (Just 2 days ago, I was told not to put pin as it is hard for them to know where we are). Guess what? I was slugged 9 dollars total for them to find where I am!. how hard is it to find a big green building? it is all in WAIT time they charge me. I am the one who has been waiting! and how annoying it is not to be able to complain or get them to redress? there is an uber number but cost you $2 plus per minute to complain. Yup, more money for their unscrupulous drivers. We all work hard for our money. I am returning to cabs!! I pay so much from Springvale bunning to noble park train station ( would you believe almost 20 bucks???)

Fares

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Am fed up with surcharges which means Uber often costs more than a cab . I am returning to cabs !!! Those cabbies pay a fortune for their plates and deserve a break. Communicating with uber via email is worse than root canal therapy... it's all too hard... I feel very sorry for the drivers

Pick up your act

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

The new rating system is absolutely disgusting if a driver is going to mark me down I want to know why. I am not rude I always thank them and I have been marked down, why ? I am going back to taxis at least they don't RATE us and we are under no obligation to please the poor little dears

Perth

• 3 helpful votes

Swearing driver

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I accidentally got in the wrong ride at a busy airport pick up. The driver started yelling at me and called me names. I crept yelling this out as I walked away. The whole area could hear him. Totally inappropriate behaviour by any one in any setting.
This idiot should be allowed in a car.
I asked my correct driver how I could complain. He sad bad luck you can’t
It is not possible to contact Uber
White ford 1EIU-548

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Why don’t Uber have ANY form of contact for riders??

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

After initially trying to establish why my rider rating was less than perfect I realised Uber don’t want you to contact them. The only number available after extensive searching is for drivers(not riders), the only references for help take you to the app or help site where there they take you in a full circle of irrelevant standard Questions! No phone number, no email address, no message section, no live chat!!!!! very very shonky! And they’re supposed to be reforming !

McDowall

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Almost got hit on crossing by driver

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Leaving shopping centre, was just about to go across crossing with my trolley when a car came speeding down and had no intention of stopping. If I kept going he would have hit me. Seeing the window down i said crossing really loud and went to proceed onto the crossing. He then stopped and put the car into reverse right in front of the crossing and went to back into us. That's when I realised he had an uber sticker on the back of his car and said uber and pointed and he took off even faster. Tried ringing the company to complain and that was a mission and a half and would not understand what I was saying. Its hard to find a number to call without signing up for the ridiculous app that I dont want or never will as I will never ever use uber and this has definitely made sure of that. Be careful on crossings when uber is coming

Driver(s) no show

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Ordered Uber. Driver is a no show.
Charged for the ride. And then asked to give driver a rating..
Well i did 1 star. I wanted to give minus 1

uber eats. Absolute rubbish! Dodgy driver of QLD reg 819TSA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Ordered from the Bavarian Toowoomba which is ordinarily a quality place to eat. Waited an hour to get hold of UBER eats driver who immediately stated he was told the address was "McDonalds , Margaret st, Toowoomba," again we stated address had not changed, Rangeville was correct address as was on order, had not changed, 6km drive.....firstly hung up. Callled back, same driver, didn't or pretended not to understand instructions, texted address to mobile, again stating he couldn't find address which has been the same for years, ie, not a new suburb. 6 phone calls later. Order refunded via Uber. Driver of QLD reg 819TSA gets our dinner as its too late to order another. Asked for booked hire service license.Response"What licence are you talking about?, I don't know what you mean" etc etc... driver hangs up. No delivery after 1.5 hrs with friends visiting. Do not trust this service. Its a disgrace!

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Rating system broken

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I prefer not to chat to drivers when I'm in an uber. Most drivers translate that to me being a unfriendly passenger and rate me down on every trip. I never make them wait for me when they are picking me up, I don't slam doors, I don't do anything that a normal person would consider rude or unfriendly. Yet my rating keeps going down. For this reason I have stopped using uber and am using GoCatch instead now days. Uber was a good start when there was nothing else around, but now with GoCatch and Ola there are too many other better options around to keep using uber and their broken model.

melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

uber eats deliveries

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

been doing uber eats for one month money is no big and restaurants and witing fines unhappy customers are part of this driver is alwys to blame after few weeks less job and offers when u start new is ok drivers are no protected we do hard job but no appreciation uber dont care no support

what a useful app

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

This is a great way to get around when on holiday! I was worried about it at first when I had to put in my card details but it is actually very safe. The drivers are lovely

Surge charge

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

6.30 pm three cars in the miranda area looking for rides $15.00 job blows out to $28.00. A eleven minute ride...
Rip off as one hour later it was $16.00 return