Adelaide

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Great service. Never had bad service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Uber are fantastic. I never use taxis anymore. They are much quicker and a lot cheaper. The cars are always clean and the drivers are very friendly. I feel safer in an uber as a female as opposed to a taxi. I live in Adelaide.

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I've never ever had any problems with Uber and find it to be a fast friendly reliable way to get from here to there. Most times if drivers go to the wrong address it's because you haven't moved the pin to the correct location. They don't know where to find you otherwise. I know it's an app based service and some people aren't savvy, but if you learn the way it works you shouldn't have more bad experiences.

Excellent!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Excellent company!! Drivers have always been polite and friendly and use the gps which means they cant bump up fares taking the long way. Until the surge gets to 1.8 your still paying less than a cab

The company is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

I feel like a lot of people on here should be reviewing the drivers and not Uber as a company because I've never had an issue with them that wasn't solved promptly and to my satisfaction. The drivers can really be a hit and miss but Uber has always been able to fix my issues if I had any.

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Always quick. Very clean. So friendly. So much cheaper than a taxi and every car i have booked has been on time and efficient and the cars are up to standards .

Verified Customer

Legend driver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

Left a wallet in the car. Shahin drove back to my drop off place because he noticed the wallet on the seat even though he didn't know exactly the name, number or owner of said wallet. Thank you shahin for going above and beyond

Uber, taxi, driver, rider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2017

There are good and bad drivers on uber and taxi. There are also good and bad riders. Think of the good sides. With uber, riders waiting time the most is a mere 20 minutes. Before uber, the waiting time for a taxi is often uncertain. At times the surcharge might be high, most of the time is affodable. As driver can cancel the job, so can the rider... i never remember paying taxi fare $7... i never remember being able to afford taxi after work to go home...

Fantastic service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

On the two occasions in the past I've needed a taxi, I've been told by the taxi company it would take 2.5 hours for the taxi to arrive at my house (the nearest taxi rank is in the next surburb, 10 minutes drive away). Over the weekend we used Uber twice! Fantastic service! Thank you.

Grat company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

We used uber in Perth as we don't have it in tasmaina it's such a fantastic way to get around the drivers are so friendly we do recommend you try them

Port Augusta

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

I recently used Uber in Adelaide for the first time over the weekend. Used Uber 3 times. I did not have any problems with the drivers and the cars they used. Picked me up on time and the cars were new/near new and very clean. Had no problems at all.

Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Cheap and easy to use, the app on mobile devices makes it very easy to choose a pickup and drop off location, also like the payment through PayPal instead of cash.

GREAT EXPERIENCE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I stopped using cabs 7yrs ago after I was insulted by one of their drivers and received not one apology from the company and I used their service often. Since then I have never used any public transport and all the negative feedback about UBER deterred me from using their services. The other day my friend decided to book an UBER driver from Melton she has been using them for about 6mths now and she did it on purpose so that I can stop listening to those with the negative feedback. The driver was very polite, arrived on time , he had the navigator there just like we use it when we are going places nothing different to what we all already do when we drive on our own, but the one thing that stood out to me personally were his driving skills. In all my life of using a taxi type of service I have rarely ever seen someone with such excellent driving skills I haven't seen this for like years since I was like maybe in my 20s. I asked him if he was a cab driver previously as I found it strange that he had such excellent driving skills and he said he had just started with UBER on the weekend and that he has been driving for 25yrs and learnt how to drive in Europe. If anything this guy should look for an occupation in teaching people how to drive properly . At the end of the day we can't complain if a driver is late due to an accident , broken down care or traffic these events are unstoppable I was stuck in traffic in the middle of Melton the other day due to an accident on one side of the road officers decided to close all the road even though the cars were on the nature strip the detour caused traffic, taking you the long way and so forth if you know a better way then don't complain just tell the driver I use to do it with the cab drivers all the time especially if I knew a shorter way, people complaining about fares been taken out when you haven't used the service in ages that is the Banks problem not an UBER problem it happened to my cousin after buying a pizza and as for fees when paying with credit cards well that will happens with cabs too I always paid more when using the credit card that is not UBER or Cabs fault that is a fee your credit card company also charges and those EFTPOS CREDIT CARD machines are not cheap to have in any business either. I guess just like you find a rotten apple in amongst the fresh ones you will find a rotten apple in just about every industry.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

I love Uber

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I was afraid to take Uber for the first time after reading so many negative reviews))) but decided give it a go))) I booked 3 rides between different suburbs of Brisbane and Springfield, QLD. I haven't experienced any problems. All the drivers were really nice and friendly, very relaxed and professional. The cars was new and clean. The waiting time was about 1-3 minutes. No problem with payment. It's cheaper than taxi. I paid with my paypal. Too easy. Don't need to worry about cash or card. Just jump out of the car and go))) Highly recommend!)

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Sorry went to rate our driver Steve Charles and took as only a one star incorrect was above a five great service. Keep up the good work. Many thanks Sandy

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes

First time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

I used uber on Saturday and it was a great experience. Will be differently using again. Looking at the reviews I must of got a good one. I would like to see guys compare it to a taxi experience. I wonder how many cab Drivers are putting reviews on. I will see next time I use and see if I am wrong. Also I used PayPal for payment.

All this hate for Uber and I have been using it for 2 years without issue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Reading all these reviews, and the common issue is fares being cancelled and being charged for them or not being picked up. Make sure you are ready to be picked up! Drivers cant wait around all night for you. Also check your location properly before you submit or type in your address if you have had issues at the same location previously. I have been able to get credits back no problem via the app and they are quick to action.

Batlow

First Ride, Best Ride

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

This was better than any taxi ride. Downloaded ap night before we were going to need transport. When needed went to ap, booked . Told exactly how long to wait. Tracked it on ap. Car arrived. Dani our driver, polite, careful driver, took us straight to our destination in very clean new car. Couldn't fault. 5 star.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Uber is best for members of public

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Had no issues with uber. Fast effective way to gestart around. You know what your paying. To be honest I can't stand taxis. You book them they don't show. They over charge cause you have accent not knowing you lived here for over 10 years. Taxis drivers are arrogant and most taxis stink. Sorry but I love uber and I hope they do well

Melb

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Uber experiance has been very good & pleasent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

As a taxi user for the past 20 years, i'm sure its not only me that says THANK GOD FOR UBER.
As difficult the & more expensive the Vic labour government is making it for Uber,, they are still so much better than a taxi.
As I'm forced to to catch a taxi from Melbourne airport as UberX are not allowed to operate from there, although the odd taxi driver knows where to go, honestly, i wonder how i make it home in most cases as the taxi drivers have no idea where they are going, they don't speak good english, and their driving skill is not the best.
It may just be my luck? but the Uber drivers speak english, actually know there way around, and i feel like they are better skilled drivers. I find Uber is much more pleasant service.

• 5 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Uber Surge Pricing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Uber drivers do not set the price for your trip.
As a driver you rarely know how much you will be paid for your drive until after the passenger has left the car. I think prices surge when there is high
demand and not enough drivers to service them.
Occasionally you will see the app turn red which
indicates there is a surge but if you drive to the area it often disappears. As a rider I can get a close estimate of cost and if it seems unreasonable I can wait a while until it drops and
if it doesn't I can call a cab. Please don't blame the Drivers!

November 16th 2017 Update: Uber App difficult to negotiate

I believe you need to add 61 in front of your number to get the app to accept you. Don’t know why, possibly because Uber is an International
Company and I have used the same App in
Multiple countries. I had the same difficulty.

1 of 27 pages