Use ola

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Everyone seems to dislike Uber here in Australia, I recommend using Ola all the way.. much cheaper And more professional service, I have had some really bad drivers who overcharge and stink like body odour

They deal with drivers as if they are slaves...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Since I started to drive with them I faced the worst way of treatment... they put me on hold for many days without any reason and without previous notice..the reason was because they wanted to randomly verify my account as they mentioned. I lost 6 days of the car rental about $200 and sat at home doing nothing, I was psychologically effected by just waiting them put me online again.
I think they work in unprofessional way.and every time I called them they give me different answer.

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

they don't tell drivers what all they charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Hi,

I called up Uber about 3-4 time before joining and check and confirmed face to face; when I went for my Redbook inspection, I was told they charge altogether 25.5%.

When I got my earnings for the 1st day I called them up as they were much lower than anticipated. That was the time when I was informed that there is a booking fee of .55 cents on every booking and then there is a Victorian government leavy as well.

So basically "NONE" of person in their customer care team is trained (which is HARD to believe), or they are not giving proper info. (concealing info) Whatever the care, in the end If I talk about a short trip of 7-8 kms, your GROSS will be about $13.34, out of thet you get $8.34 in your account. You pay 10% GST on that, then you pay for your insurance, maintenance and patrol.

Good luck driving UBER.

Hobart

• 5 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 60 helpful votes

Uber Business - stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Set up for Uber Business for my corporate travel, first time I go to use it at 8am at Sydney airport and I can't book anything, have to take a taxi instead and pat with my own money for reimbursement later

I emailed their support (and got a reply 8 hours later) and they reckon I owe them $82 on my personal account for a ride I never paid for... How can you not pay for an Uber ride?!?

I asked them why this means I can't use Corporate account (and how i could possibly have not paid for a ride) and 24 hours later I get the same response as the first time

I would use another provider with better support for corporate travel, the last thing you want is staff stranded with no phone support!

Uber Driver taken off the platform due to Uber admin error

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Driver Taken off Uber platform after Uber admin person entered driver name in the incorrect order on her computer.
Driver has spoken to Philipines almost every day for the past 8 days, with the help-person not knowing how to rectify this error (which Uber themselves made). This is a loss of income to the driver for the past 8 days . There is no-one in Australia to assist with this issue.
We need a Royal Commission to investigate these ride share companies who have no regard for the drivers, who have no recourse or compensation for loss of earnings.

The geolocation was wrong and the driver never came so I missed my plane Sydney Canberra

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

When I complained to uber, nice talk and that’s it, worse customers service I never saw. They don’t care of customers, I was a good customer, was.

Flemington uber

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I have just had an appalling experience with Uber at Flemington. People pushing in. No one cares. Waited 20 minutes and left in disgust. Waked to the station and on the way got a yellow cab in 1 minute. Don’t think about Uber at Flemington.

Melbourne

RIP OFF RIDES !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Was charged $10 for a canceled service (which I was not informed about) because the driver did not go to my correct work address. He was going to charge me for the 6 mind to drive from. The incorrect address to the correct address. REALLY? should I pay for being inconvenienced for the delay too? I ended up catching the bus and will be taking PT before Uber in future. The concept started out well, but has become a ridiculously expensive wrought.

This is terrible l wish it never existed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Uber is one of the biggest dog crap companies l have ever dealt with. They can never do anything l want right and always give me problems every time l try to order something. Screw this company fix up your crap you fools.

driver makes up a complaint about me and Uber charge me $80 fee

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I have a ride with Uber on Saturday midday. The traffic was extranky busy so the driver was trying to drop me off 2k from destination. I had been quoted $80 for the trip and didn’t want to walk as it was raining. He was getting annoyed with me as I wouldn’t walk. I said his service was terrible and I was going to complain when I left the vehicle. He then complains about me saying only god knows as Uber wouldn’t tell me. They charge a $80 cleaning fee and won’t do anything about it. I feel helpless as they won’t give me my money and also very vulnerable as they have just gone on his word with no proof. Do not use.

Billing me when I never ordered an Uber

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Today I was called by an Uber driver who said he was here. He then hung up.
I had not ordered any Uber.
I was billed $10 on my credit card.....Fraudulent!
Unable to get my money back!

Would give 0 stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

A company ran by mindless drones. They don't care about any individual, only their own bottom line. I do hope they run out of business when their coupons run out.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I used Uber today for drop off and pickup for my kids to and from school. The trips usually cost under $35 but Both drivers chose to use longer routes and I was charged more. Please advise your drivers to use the designated route. I could not believe that a 7 minutes drive took 20 minutes. I almost pressed the safety link on your app because I was worried about my babies.

Sydney

Private message

UBER you have terrible rider customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Trying to create a rider account for the last 40 min and can’t. Keep being asked the same info over and over and over again, like in some frustrating loop. No number to call to create an account over the phone. Got on the website to ask for help and was asked to send detail and email via their website. I tried. Tried to click Send it asks me to confirm I am not a robot. I tick the box, it looks like it’s working but nope, the box won’t stay ticked, so I can’t send a request for help. Are you joking?? What kind of customer service is that when you can’t get help to even create an account?? GOODBYE I’m going to Taxify.

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Unethical and Unprofessionalism at its worst - Uber is the worst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I made a request for an uber and while the map showed the car 3 minutes away the driver called me more than 10 minutes later saying he was further away from my location as he cud not park at the location(melbourne town hall). I was standing on the edge of the curb waiting for the uber and there was no need to park. While I was saying this to the driver he hung up and the car was not visible on my screen thereafter.
Another uber showed on my screen as 4 minutes away, which changed to 6 and back to 3 minutes away again. Yet 15 minutes later the uber had not arrived at the location so i took another cab. As I headed out of the city towards my location there was a call from an uner driver saying he had arrived at the location 2 mintues ago. I told the uber driver that I had been waiting for 20 minutes since my request was posted on the app and had left the city 10 minutes ago, hence to cancel this booking.

After the inefficient handling of my booking for an uber this afternoon I was charged a cancellation fee. If the uber had arrived within 5-10 minutes of my booking I would have accepted the transport. Being 20+ minutes late is unacceptable and this also displays the unprofessionalism of the uber drivers. This is something Uber as an organization would need to look into to avoid the competition like Ola cabs and Didi cabs who arrive promptly for bookings made be clients and also provide accurate timing on their current locations and time to arrive at the pick-up location.

Uber will not survive the competition it faces in the transport sector with other efficient transport companies opening continuously in this sector.

Private message

Stole my money, gave away my credit card, let someone else into my account, refuse to refund, failed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

Uber crossed my account with someone else's, gave my debit card and personal details to them, charged us BOTH for an order, REFUSED to help, refund, or acknowledge the privacy breach, and the said they would call me back within 48 hours only to not call back at all TWICE. Worst customer service ever, do not use uber eats because your details aren't safe, and uber are thieves who don't give a damn they just pretend to.

Perth

• 1 question
  • 3 answers

Lost my phone in UBER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Called an UBER on Monday evening at Perth Airport, 18/10/18 and left my phone on the back seat. Tried to contact UBER by email but got told numerous times my user name or password were incorrect. Pressed forgot password and was told verification code sent to my phone??? Looked for a phone number and found one on the site which said 24/7 support. Rang the number and a robot told me it was for drivers only. Emailed support@uber.com. Message came back that they don't support users, I need to push the Help button on my account, which I couldn't get to. Moral of the story - don't lose your phone (particularly in an UBER. Moral 2 if your account name or password is wrong there is no way to get help. After I find another ride share company I will be sure to write down my user name and password, just in case. I will also try and find a company that has a phone number to call and speak to a human if things don't work out.

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Used Uber once in Sydney then I couldn’t book on the app anymore was stranded for ride back to hotel so I had too get a taxi
I have not tried using Uber for over a year
Now the app will not validate my card to book a ride to Airport here in Melbourne
Great for I found a service on Gumtree for $65 from Scoresby
I will not waste my time with Uber again

Private message

Charging you when THEY cancel the ride

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I've ordered 2 ubers at separate times. They couldn't find the address they called and text me still didn't find my address (which is easy to find) I'm waiting out the front of my building . They cancel the ride then charge me $10 plus $1 each time .. They are rip offs . On eve a uber drive took money for the ride plus took it from my PayPal
Account as well .. They have made it impossible to complain to them the emails keep bouncing back .. Never use uber again

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Don’t know about the service, drivers, or anything physical. But the app and web site is totally use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

. Umm nah. Fix your app. Totally hopeless. Took me 30 minutes go through the bot crap, then oh wow had to verify my mobile number, again, and again. Oh and then verify my email address again and again etc.
Then OK, I did a quote comparison Uber- $46. Taxi - $31.
And their site was a lot easier to use.
I AM NOT A COMPUTER. Oh ffs. ☹️

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 32 pages

Can I pay cash to the driver in Melbourne Australia?

Blossoms asked on Oct 31, 2018

Answer this

I am not aware of any way to pay the driver cash if you use the App to order a ride. However if you arranged for him to pick you up without using the App (call him/her privately) you could probably get him/her to quote you for the trip and pay him cash. They are not supposed to do it but many do. I am not sure of the insurance arrangements in these cases.

As far as I know (and the procedure I followed) was to book the uber through the app upon which you include your bank details. Once your journey is completed uber bills you through your bank account and this is how they collect the money.
The downside to this is, for my ride the driver did not arrive for over 20 minutes and I was charged a 10AUD cancellation fee which I have disapproved.
Further I had to cancel my bank card and have a new card issued by my bank to prevent any further deductions from my bank account by uber.
Giving bank details to unknown parties are tricky and something I choose to avoid.
Uber is not any cheaper than taking a silver cab or a 13cab (some drivers do not know their way around Melbourne - watch out that your fair is not increased due to this)
Uber hires any person who wishes to drive for them, they lack professionalism and I would not use the uber service in the future
Hope this helps :)

Thank you for the information. I too dont like giving my credit card details. Sometimes I have missed important apointments dueto the delay òf the taxi more than 45 mins

Has anyone found a phone number that you can call to speak to a human being if you have an issue you can't fix through the App? The 1300 number on the site, even though it says 24/7 rider support turns out to be only support for the drivers.

Peter asked on Oct 24, 2018

Answer this

Read both your review and this question.

My family and friends have been using Uber extensively for nearly 3 years and have never been able to find any reference to Rider phone support. Please provide the relevant Rider web link you mentioned.

Research of their website only mentions Driver phone support.
(..Got questions about driving with Uber?
Driving with Uber...
5 Ways to Contact Uber for Help
Whether you’re on the road or taking the day off, drivers can contact Uber for support whenever they need to — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
4. Phone support..)

Drivers main feedback is about riders who forget phone, sunglasses etc. Typically Drivers get abused, threatened, assaulted and receive no monetary compensation. I guess it is not surprising then that some items are tossed out (or taken by a subsequent rider).

Also not surprising, given hacking etc, that Uber refuse to help when a rider can’t provide correct account details.

Anyway there are a number of additional documented ways to contact Uber and specifically include lost items.

A friend forgot their phone in a taxi. Rang the taxi company and provided all the trip details etc. If you guessed the phone was returned you guessed wrong. New Phone=$1100.

If you do locate an Uber contact number, find a ‘phone contactable company’ or get your phone back please share here. Thanks.

I happened to be a passenger in a car and I spotted a very large building with an UBER sign on it. I went in and the staff there were very helpful. It was a Driver centre where they processed applications for new drivers. I explained my problem to the young man at the counter who said one of the support staff could help me. After about 15 minutes a young lady listened to my story again, took identification, found the driver and called him. He had the phone. He subsequently dropped it into the Driver Centre where I will pick it up today. Happy (if very lucky) ending. Write down your user name and password as if you get them wrong you haven;'t got a chance.

More interesting is that the driver still had it.

In this instance you solved the issue by visiting their office which contradicts with your ‘no chance’ comment above !?

I assume you were mistaken about the Rider contact number.

Did you give a ‘Lost Item Return Fee’, for YOUR inconvenience to the driver, as listed in the Help section of the app?
Hint - your phone is worth more than $20 :)

How do u get an Uber for 2 people?

Michelle J asked on Aug 09, 2018

Answer this

I am assuming that you mean one car and two passengers. If so it is like getting a taxi (one car+2 passengers) except you book via the Uber app.

Yep 1 Uber car for 2 ppl. Only $5 cheaper than a taxi and poor service