Can't find accommodation as shown on the day

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Suffered through the long spiel and purchased a package but you cannot find accommodation as shown on the day.The deals we were shown and the pricing changed by the time we were able to access the site.Contacted ultiqua and complained and asked for a refund to bail out but no deal.Total waste of time and money

Verified Customer

Be Warned High Pressure Sales Presentations is Usually A Trap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

We recently had a holiday on the Gold Coast and the day before we were due to leave we visited Movie World.

One stall promoting holidays gave us some tickets to scratch and I won a prize. Then came the catch that we had to deposit $40 and attend a 90 minute seminar just last week on 22/12/2018. Yes 3 days before Christmas!! We were due to fly back home the next evening.

We arrived at the ALTIQA office and got our $40 refund. Unfortunately we were then subjected to the most aggressive sales pitch that I have ever experienced in my life and I am a granddad. Our questions were not welcomed and he would not state the overall cost as that was the job of another guy who was periodically coming over and supporting the presenter. His big selling point was that they had over 100,000 members so this is an opportunity that we had to take.

They made us numerous offers ranging from $18,000 plus upfront and $1089 per year for 63 years to $9,999 for 15 years with $200 per year and no free accommodation points. It became pretty obvious that these were complex proposals and that you needed to spent considerable time reading all the paperwork especially the Product Disclosure Statement.

We eventually after 4 hours paid a deposit on the $14,999 deal for 30 years with a bonus 40,000 accommodation points for the prize we had won and a voucher for a 2 for 1 cruise. This meant that we had to pay $199 a year membership for 30 years and $165 for every 10,000 points. This he claimed was the membership he was in and the best deal. We received a huge pack of resort information to take back with us.

It became a little stressful trying to work through all the information and also enjoy Christmas as you only get SEVEN DAYS to exercise your option to cancel the contract. This was made even more difficult because I could not get into the website and test it to see if the accommodation was really going to produce the savings that they insisted I would be entitled to as a member. I have since read on site that your access to the sites does not arrive for over two weeks after your seven days.

So I decided to look at what others had said about ALTIQA and that feedback plus the very aggressive way in which a felt obligated to sign up made me exercise my option to cancel the contract within the SEVEN DAYS. To be 100% sure that they got this documentation I faxed it from a post office plus sent it to two email sites that were on a business card we received at the presentation.

It is disturbing that all the good ratings on the product review site are just taking about the time spent at one resort but all the one star ratings are actually rating ALTIQA not just ONE HOLIDAY. I also scrolled back and many of the 5 star ratings come in on the same day or in groups?

The deciding factor for me was that I was treated badly at the presentation so why am I rewarding them with my business even if after 10 plus years it may save me some money. Remember the accommodation is only one of the costs of a holiday and you have to always book through ALTIQA.

Not what you were expecting

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

We signed up to ULTIQA 15 year membership. The presentation was fantastic! They showed us many properties that they said would be around $300-750 a week! They showed us how to calculate the price. Great! Signed the papers. Two weeks later we get log ins and go to book accomodation - hmmm bummer! The method they used to calculate the price has somehow changed? Hmmm. A lovely lady called me and explained how it really works. So a 2 bedroom standard (nothing overly nice) works around 850-900 for a 2 bedroom resort around Aus. There is a catch to this program. They have another website which has bonus weeks - you can book a week depending on the deals for cheap - $300 or so. But only sometimes.
Another catch. Can only stay for a week at a time nothing less and check in is on Friday. No other day. Unless they say check in on Saturday or some have weekend stays. Very few.

So you will be dazzled and wowed at the presentation.
It sounds great.

But

You must book for 1 whole week. You must book on a Friday (sometimes a Saturday).
You can sometimes grab a bargain of a deal on their other website.

However the total outlay $10k plus yearly fee of $300 is not worth the small price difference in hotels. I had a conparison on Expedia and for one hotel the price difference was $400. If you travel often and a lot this probably is a great deal. However if it’s just once a year maybe not worth it?

And yes I have complained to ULTIQA. They have done nothing and I must have heard wrong at the seminar was what they told me...

Comments

Would also like to point out as others have noted that it’s super hard to find anything good for the dates you want unless you book way in advance, but I haven’t tried booking far in advance so I c... read more »

North Lakes

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Membership setbacks

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

We have had our membership for about four years unfortunately for us it wasn’t a wise decision to take up the membership.
If you’re able to schedule your holidays well in advance it’s probably an ok fit but for us we generally get less than a months notice to organise something an they struggle to find anything for us. We’ve used the membership Twice outside of the free week we received when joining, the second time was at one of their resorts where my daughter purchased a room in the same resort including breakfast cheaper than us still can’t figure out how this all works or where the benefits really are. We did book some accommodation in Bali through them and it was good and competitive as far as value for money. So if you’re looking at holiday clubs I’d suggest ensuring you can plan well ahead to benefit better from the membership I’m disappointed that I didn’t ask more questions before purchasing as I cannot see us ever recouping the outlay in discounted holidays.

MELBOURNE

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Free Accommodation/ Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

We received a free accommodation voucher after attending a session. We tried to do the booking and enquire but have not heard back from them since 20/8/17. Called them but and was referred to contact different office without resolving it

Great family holiday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I booked three rooms for a family getaway. Well designed rooms and all three generations enjoyed the pool and spa.

Wonderful experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

We have stayed here many times. It has always been an enjoyable time away from home. The unit was decorated beautifully but the main bedroom didn't have air conditioning or a tv

Ultiqa Life Style dodgy winning scratch card holiday

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Was stopped by a lady in Movie World , I should have realised at the time it was a con. Paid $40 deposit to ensure we would turn up to apparently claim our free holiday. After some Google research realised it was a time share sort of thing they would be trying to sell us. We went and collected our $40 and walked straight out. Don't be fooled into thinking you have won a holiday as there are fee's that you will have to pay to get anything. They can stick there dodgy winning scratch cards and their sales bull right where the sun never shines. We did manage to walk away with 4 free tickets for some virtual sky diving but this remains to be seen whether this is any good or not. Seeing that this virtual sky diving is only $20 each to do I wouldn't imagine it's that great anyway. Next time I see the lady at Movie world I will be having some words.

Unforgettable experience. Do yourself a favour!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

Booked through a running club when we went there for the G.C.marathon. We had a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment on the ground floor. It surpassed our expectations & gave us everything we could want. Very clean & comfy.

Nice place, no parking

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Nice modern clean place close to transport, shops and restaurants. Terrible parking on premises would recommend if you don't need a vehicle while staying there.

Location location location. Close to everything.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Have been staying at Beach Haven for a lot of years. And wil keep coming back. Close to beach
Shops and good restaurants.

Fantastic place been going there for years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

We booked a two bedroom apartment and had the best holiday of our lives very easy to book and have told all friends and family

A great place to stay

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

We have stayed at Freshwater on several occasions and we have always found it a great place to stay. The location is very convenient and the units are an excellent standard. The pool complex is a relaxing space too.

Amazing holiday accommodation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Ultimate self contained unit right on the beach @ Broadbeach in Qld.
Fantastic...and I mean everything!!
The views from our room, the central location to everything, the staff at the accommodation were super friendly and helpful

Verified Customer

Perfectly renovated apartment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Booked directly through the resort and found them very easy to deal with and they dealt with any questions immediately and any requests we had for our room where met above our expectations.

Love my Ultiqa Lifestyle Membership

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Have had several Gold Coast holidays using Ultiqa. Beachhaven would be my favourite with proximity to beach. Bali next June.
Booking easy and range of accommodation on offer to suit most budgets.r

Wonderful stay. Want to go back again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

We had a wonderful time and would love to stay again. The rooms were clean and spacious. The view great!!

Love Love Love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Awesome place with the best location, been staying there yearly for 20+ years and have never been disappointed. Booked again for Nov, see you soon

Love to stay here best location & facilities.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Have booked both superior units & sub penthouse. Always go back to this property. Have been doing so ever since the building first opened. Indoor pool & spa is a great feature.
The staff have always been very helpful & obliging.

Great location, awesome staff and excellent facilities

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Booked a 2 bedroom superior ocean view apartment that had spectacular views and lovely big balcony. Apartments have plenty of room and are well set up and stocked....it’s like a home away from home. 3rd stay here and have never been disappointed yet. Love that your linen gets changed every day and housekeeping staff are friendly and obliging. Reception staff are also friendly and helpful. Great parking, grounds are always immaculate and it’s great having a choice of 3 pools at different temperatures. Have booked for next year again and can’t wait.

1 of 13 pages

Hi Brett, are you able to share any info on what helped you get out? I'm sure it would benefit many of us,

david asked on Dec 28, 2018

Thinking on buying into the lifetime membership but concerned on the availability of their offers. Would love feedback on cruises hiring campervans and overseas accommodation like Europe. Thsnks

Linda asked on Dec 01, 2018

Answer this

Hi Linda
We have a 40yr membership for us it doesn’t work the little things that they do not inform you about are the points that frustrate us. The membership may work better if you can book up to 12 months in advance and can afford to pay in full in our case it’s just not an option as we cannot get leave confirmed that far in advance. You can get bonus weeks cheaper. We paid around $15k and pay $199 a year and book more accommodation through other avenues due to short notice they usually have nothing available.
Overseas would work,cruises maybe again you need to book well in advance. We’d be happy to offload our membership it just doesn’t work for us. Good Luck!

Does the $40 “attendance” fee get refunded at beginning or end of presentation or not at all and is it refunded in cash? I know now I have been conned as there is no free holiday and is a scam to get you to their offices. Such a shame if we wasted $40 as this was my money for family gifts.

Chrissy asked on Oct 08, 2018

Answer this

I got my $40 refunded... And the 'free' $99 accommodation but with the caveat of having to attend another 'presentation'.. I tell them at the start that I woun't be buying and watch them squirm at the end with senior staff trying to give out manager's special discounts etc... No thanks. It is a scam as you said to get you through the door. Just don't feel obligated and just use them and walk away when done.. I won't doing this again though. too much hassel

See all 11 questions about Ultiqa Lifestyle