Filter By:

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

A excellent NBN alternative

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Uniti wireless uses a directional Wi-Fi antenna to communicate between the building and their tower. The network is then a fast fibre network form the main antenna to their network.

The setup process was fast and easy. A technician came out to my house about a week after signing up. He was conscious of the antenna install location and I was personally lucky to have it installed on the rear portion of my roof. He was friendly even though the weather was hot and installed the inner wall plate where I wanted it and tied up after himself.

My connection is reliability is good. There has been the occasional drop out that may last on average about 15 - 30 minutes. The longest outage has been about 3 hours. However for the most part these have been few and far between.

I think this is where the company has excelled. Their local customer support has always been friendly and attentive. I haven't had any issues so I haven't needed extended contact. Their support on the whirlpool forums website has also been top notch.

I am just about to sign up again for two years because I believe they provide the best product available to me as compared to the HFC NBN, ADSL and Moblie broadband choices I have.

Great ISP! best choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I have signed up to the 25/10 speed and was pleaseantly surprised at being able to achieve those speeds constantly. I check using speed test, and i do get those speeds. I have the option to upgrade to 50 Mbps as well. Quick installation and easy to self install the router.

Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

They have been great and initially they had great customer service, they have however dropped a bit in service and feels as though they stopped caring for their customers as much.

Internet is faster but does drop out a bit now and then.

Queensland

Private message

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Great speed, Great customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

What is your connection type? (ADSL, NBN, Cable, etc.) - NBN
How was the set-up process & how long was the timeframe for it? - Set up process was fast and easy & few hours
How reliable is your connection? Have you experienced frequent dropouts? - Very Reliable, a few dropouts but resolves quickly
How satisfied are you with the provider's Customer Service and/or Support? - best customer support in the industry

No regrets!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

Best internet we've ever had! The customer service and speeds/plans are great! Almost don't want to leave a review at the fear that when more people discover them and sign up, that we might not get the same great speed that we're on, but then I remember how grateful we were that we found them through these reviews.
We've only been with them a month so far but consistently get the top of the 25 download speed that we pay for and now our family is moving across also. Very satisfied!

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible Customer Service and Product.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Disappointed with Uniti from the start. They refused to honour a misleading offer which didn't mention i couldn't sign up on the no lock in contract with. We purchased the better router which we still found really bad then upgraded to the raptor which made no difference.
Somehow also with Uniti we supposedly go over out data but with every other internet provider we have used provider we haven't gone over? Doesn't make sense.
The last straw for me was when i tried to call up about the internet speed and there was an option to receive a call back but keep your place in the queue so i did that.... an hour later i had still not received a call so i called them again. This time i stayed on the line and got through in a couple of minutes. The guy i spoke to gave me some "automated queue" excuse and said he will have someone look into our speed for us.. we will see if i ever get a call back. If i don't, i'm changing to another company!

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

Hi Bella,

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing. We are keen to sort this out. Can you please email support@unitiwireless.com explaining the problems so that we can contact you and sort it out.

Aspendale Gardens

terrible - Constant service outages for the last 2 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

The service was good a few months ago and then they started tinkering with their H/W and now we are hit with constant outages (sometimes micro and other times a day long).

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

Hi Isac, Thanks for the feedback. As you will know via the email notifications we sent to all impacted customers in and around Aspendale Gardens, these outages are not common and we had a run of v... read more »

Better than the NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

Used to have ADSL and then had to move to the NBN. To get an underground connection was going to be expensive, and I haven't heard many good reviews of the NBN so I tried Uniti. What a great service! Rang up and was connected the next day. Currently on the Raptor plan, and get 50mb download and 10mb upload. Exactly what I pay for!

Even during the evening with four screens streaming Netflix there has never been any buffering etc. Installation was seamless, and they positioned the antenna on a part of the roof that isn't easily seen, so all round a great decision to move to them.

• 1 comment

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Constant outages!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

The installation process was great and the first week of usage was excellent, but, after the first week we kept getting constant micro outages. This was especially noticeable when you stream music as the music would stop all the time. We've been experiencing outages on a daily basis for the past few months.

When connected the speed is fast!

I think they're trying to fix it as the tower has been down for the past 48 hours.

Support is only available during the week, not great.

Hope they fix it, or we'll have to go elsewhere!

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

Hi Ant, Have you reported the micro outages to support? We would love to help get to the bottom of the issue. It may not be our network and could be your internal network. Either way we should b... read more »

Ok, good, so you've recently added weekend support, but this is yet another weekend without internet, last weekend we had no service for most of the weekend + a few short midweek outages, and this ... read more »

Uniti Wireless Official

If you call support during business hours we will get to the bottom of the issue.

Private message

A great alternative to the NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Excellent customer service.

I called Cathrine from Unity, and was offered installation the NEXT day. System installed the very next day after I called to enquire about the service. Superb.

Just got home and set everything up in 15 minutes. Super quick internet. Super easy to set up. Pleasantly surprised. A great alternative to the NBN. An Adelaide company too (I was born there!).

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Saved from the stone age.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Thanks to this company I am able to preform Business tasks unlike before due to the out dated adsl we had due to no other option.
I am now running 25mps compared to 5mps on a good day totally unacceptable and still had to pay for a service which did not deliver anything I was told they would.
Real Aussie company with real people to talk to and each call had a personal feel to it also the installation people were also A+ and went the extra mile even when I told them to give up trying to get the cable in the wall but they persevered and now no visible cable.
This is what service should be like and hopefully other companies take note.
Thanks Mat.

• 2 helpful votes

The best ISP in Adelaide

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

So far, so good... or even SO GREAT.
This company is the only one in Adelaide (I have tried several ISPs, trust me!) which is providing the speed they advertise! I literally have 50 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload!
They charge really fair for the quality service you receive.
The installation process was quick. They arrived on time and the installation took the same as what they initially suggested (yes that is a surprise!!!)
The customer service is responsive and you get a response in minutes!
I strongly suggest them to anyone thinking of quality and reliable connection.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Connection Type: WiMAX

We should have gone over to uniti months ago!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

We're super happy with uniti. Great connectivity, and the tech guys who set us up were fantastic! Great customer service too!

Excellent ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I lived with poor ADSL for years due to distance to the exchange. Moved to a new suburb and was shocked to find out not only NBN is not yet available but Telstra is unfortunately could not put me on ADSL 2 due to port availability at the local exchange. Very happy to jump the ship to UnitiWireless. Speed is fantastic and their customer services are great. I am on the Otterly Fast with Raptor enabled - 500GB is not enough for the kids so seriously considering upgrade to 1000GB. It is more expensive then ADSL but I guess we get what we pay for. Definitely recommended

I was a sceptic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

After years of very poor infrastructure with Yelstra I heard about this new-fangled company offering a product that didn’t rely on traditional technology. I’ll be honest, I had huge huge doubts...to the point I didn’t cancel my other provider.
I had the most amazing service (same day!!!!!) and it was set up within hours. And it has delivered!!!!! I am no tech-head so internet that works is my only consideration...but Netflix actually works. Really really happy so far! And after care has been really solid too!

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

These guys are great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We've lived with crappy ADSL internet for years (>8km from our telephone exchange) and the NBN isn't coming our way this side of 2020.

I was a little nervous about making the switch to wireless in case I got stuck with something that didn't work, but...

The installer rang me less than 12 hours after I signed up
He rocked up ON TIME, was friendly, and left the place tidy
The service delivers the speed as promised
We've experienced one or two drop outs but they don't last long
The service desk staff are professional and courteous.

In short, this is what an ISP should be like. It does cost a little bit more per month than the ADSL service that I left, but I will never go back to ADSL or NBN.

• 1 answer

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

So good I wish everyone I knew subscribed & all companies were as customer friendly, reliable and

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Units are sooooo good, their should be a 7 Stars review option.

Been a customer for 6-12 months after waiting for NBN to reach my suburb ( in Melbourne). Had the fastest non NBN plans Telstra, iiNet, and a couple of others offered but Uniti are much, much better.

Took maybe a day from contacting them to get the antenna up. The speeds are as advertised ( i’m On a raptor plan and get the 50/10 speeds as advertised).

Strong winds yesterday caused my antenna to come loose. Called at 8:30 am, before 11am on the same day it was up mane working again. Very impressed. Also called back 2-3 hours later to confirm everything ok.

My neighbour just switched from adsl to NBN ( iPrimus mid speed offering) and things is getting slower speeds than adsl. Am so happy I pre-empted going for NBN and chose Uniti.

Thanks guys ( and girls), keep up the great work!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Super-fast, Super Service & Cost Effective.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

When it came time to install internet in our new home - we looked at all the options from the big players, including NBN... All of which I've heard nothing but problems with speed and throttling. Being South Australian, I was excited to hear of Uniti and their non-traditional approach to broadband. I called and was dealt with in a professional and friendly manner. Installation was organised in a matter of days and the installer worked with me to find the best install point (as opposed to the easiest for him!) Internet is blisteringly quick and consistently that way. Can't fault a quick internet connection, friednly service and all at a reasonable price.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Solid and Reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Great service provider, both internet and customer service. Installation was quick and professional, I was connected in 2 days. The tech support is also on the same level, its refreshing to know that Uniti has people who actually know their stuff. Ive been dealing with ISP's since the days of dial-up and ive had a lot of different experiences and I have to say Uniti has impressed me, im a very happy customer. If your stuck in an area the NBN has decided isnt important enough, get in touch with Uniti and have them set you up =)

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Ordered 2 days ago online.next day installed ..communication between installer and me really good ...would surely reccomend to others if they are struck with other isp with false speed promises and nbn waitlist.

1 of 3 pages