Review rating:
Filter By:

The best ISP in Adelaide

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

So far, so good... or even SO GREAT.
This company is the only one in Adelaide (I have tried several ISPs, trust me!) which is providing the speed they advertise! I literally have 50 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload!
They charge really fair for the quality service you receive.
The installation process was quick. They arrived on time and the installation took the same as what they initially suggested (yes that is a surprise!!!)
The customer service is responsive and you get a response in minutes!
I strongly suggest them to anyone thinking of quality and reliable connection.

Connection Type: WiMAX

We should have gone over to uniti months ago!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

We're super happy with uniti. Great connectivity, and the tech guys who set us up were fantastic! Great customer service too!

Excellent ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I lived with poor ADSL for years due to distance to the exchange. Moved to a new suburb and was shocked to find out not only NBN is not yet available but Telstra is unfortunately could not put me on ADSL 2 due to port availability at the local exchange. Very happy to jump the ship to UnitiWireless. Speed is fantastic and their customer services are great. I am on the Otterly Fast with Raptor enabled - 500GB is not enough for the kids so seriously considering upgrade to 1000GB. It is more expensive then ADSL but I guess we get what we pay for. Definitely recommended

I was a sceptic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

After years of very poor infrastructure with Yelstra I heard about this new-fangled company offering a product that didn’t rely on traditional technology. I’ll be honest, I had huge huge doubts...to the point I didn’t cancel my other provider.
I had the most amazing service (same day!!!!!) and it was set up within hours. And it has delivered!!!!! I am no tech-head so internet that works is my only consideration...but Netflix actually works. Really really happy so far! And after care has been really solid too!

These guys are great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We've lived with crappy ADSL internet for years (>8km from our telephone exchange) and the NBN isn't coming our way this side of 2020.

I was a little nervous about making the switch to wireless in case I got stuck with something that didn't work, but...

The installer rang me less than 12 hours after I signed up
He rocked up ON TIME, was friendly, and left the place tidy
The service delivers the speed as promised
We've experienced one or two drop outs but they don't last long
The service desk staff are professional and courteous.

In short, this is what an ISP should be like. It does cost a little bit more per month than the ADSL service that I left, but I will never go back to ADSL or NBN.

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

So good I wish everyone I knew subscribed and all companies were as customer friendly, reliable and

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Units are sooooo good, their should be a 7 Stars review option.

Been a customer for 6-12 months after waiting for NBN to reach my suburb ( in Melbourne). Had the fastest non NBN plans Telstra, iiNet, and a couple of others offered but Uniti are much, much better.

Took maybe a day from contacting them to get the antenna up. The speeds are as advertised ( i’m On a raptor plan and get the 50/10 speeds as advertised).

Strong winds yesterday caused my antenna to come loose. Called at 8:30 am, before 11am on the same day it was up mane working again. Very impressed. Also called back 2-3 hours later to confirm everything ok.

My neighbour just switched from adsl to NBN ( iPrimus mid speed offering) and things is getting slower speeds than adsl. Am so happy I pre-empted going for NBN and chose Uniti.

Thanks guys ( and girls) ,keep up the great work!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Super-fast, Super Service & Cost Effective.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

When it came time to install internet in our new home - we looked at all the options from the big players, including NBN... All of which I've heard nothing but problems with speed and throttling. Being South Australian, I was excited to hear of Uniti and their non-traditional approach to broadband. I called and was dealt with in a professional and friendly manner. Installation was organised in a matter of days and the installer worked with me to find the best install point (as opposed to the easiest for him!) Internet is blisteringly quick and consistently that way. Can't fault a quick internet connection, friednly service and all at a reasonable price.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Solid and Reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Great service provider, both internet and customer service. Installation was quick and professional, I was connected in 2 days. The tech support is also on the same level, its refreshing to know that Uniti has people who actually know their stuff. Ive been dealing with ISP's since the days of dial-up and ive had a lot of different experiences and I have to say Uniti has impressed me, im a very happy customer. If your stuck in an area the NBN has decided isnt important enough, get in touch with Uniti and have them set you up =)

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Ordered 2 days ago online.next day installed ..communication between installer and me really good ...would surely reccomend to others if they are struck with other isp with false speed promises and nbn waitlist.

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

Uniti is a brilliant solution for high speed broadband now!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

The Uniti service is fast, reliable and affordable. A fixed external wireless service delivering consistent high speeds of 45+Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. The Uniti team do have a customer focus and have proven they can set up the best possible service available. And they quickly solve small and large issues.

They were able to come along and install in a few days and we were getting very fast internet immediately. So much so, I could upgrade my internal devices to get the most of it. We had put off getting a decent router waiting for the broadband upgrades as this was not the weak link. My prior service is ADSL and only could get 6/0.35 Mbps, which was such a dinosaur.

The new Uniti service is so good that many of my neighbours are also having it installed, at a rapid rate and we all think we may delay looking at the New Broadband Network services, even when it is available in a few years.

I believe Uniti started off in Adelaide but has now come to the Melbourne bayside area and is rapidly expanding. If you are near the Cheltenham, Mentone or Heatherton area, I would suggest this is the solution. Talking to friends who have what I believe are New Broadband Network services, they have a service they believe is inferior to mine. If the Uniti service was available to them, they may consider it, still.

I have to say that personally, I am very impressed with Uniti. They have exceeded my expectations in every way. We signed up as anything was better than what we had; often resorting to 4G phones to get access sometimes. We are all absolutely delighted with Uniti Wireless. It has taken some stress out of our lives as the family no longer needs to fight or complain about poor internet.

• 3 helpful votes

My best ISP experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

We've been stuck on ADSL2+ behind a Telstra sub-exchange RIM for over 8 years. When we receivied Uniti Wireless' flyer in our letterbox, it was like being offered water in a desert.

After signing up to their 30 day obligation-free trial, they promptly came and installed it in the early morning a few days later. We have been with them for 2 months and have been receiving speeds *above* the advertised 50 Mbps/10 Mbps. There hasn't been any congestion at all, and their customer service is impeccable. Live chat responds as soon as you open it.

My family and I couldn't be happier - thank you, Chet and Sasha!

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

Unprecedented service in the Telco industry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

After 3 months of mucking around with Optus and Telstra, including an email to the Telstra CEO it was looking more likely that man would be able to harness the power of the sun than me have functional internet.

One call and the completion of an order form was all it took. The following day I had a technician (2 week wait with the other clowns) at my house installing the equipment.

In less than 24 hours Uniti provided me with internet and more service than i have ever received from anyone else

If you have poor ADSL and cant get relief from the big guys do yourself a favor and give these guys and gals a call

Paying for 50/10, and I get 54/12, need I say more?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Ok, I will.
It took 1 week between cancelling my old ADSL2+ service and going live on Uniti's Direct Wireless conection.\

Becasue;
First, the tower they planned to connect us to wasn't in line of sight and we had to wait for the second one to go live, which was only a weekend away (LONGEST WEEKEND EVER).

Second, everytime they were avaliable it was raining, and as we live in a two story building, it was definitley not worth the risk at all (even for a single story).
The tower was live for two days, but even though we were waiting for our 50Mbps connection, we used their "Uniti Free Wireless" connection, which was faster than our previous ADSL2+ connection anyhow.

I gave them 5 stars, becasue they are still relatively new but all of their staff were nice, presentable and undertstanding of any situation. Also any problem customer servicxe was presented with, they fixed in less than 5 minutes.

A couple negatives, 5 minutes after the install guys left. there was a 'installation glitch' on their end, a one off. and was fixed within 10 minutes of noticing the problem adn calling them up. Then what can only assume was an accident when diagnosing the first problem, our raptor service wasn't active. after another call I was already talking with the same guy that fixed the first problem and fixed that issue within seconds.

Finally, the modem sucks. But its free... (so they cancel each other out).

Overall they have been overwhelming good, so far so good.
Also, I am paying $20 less for almost 17x better speed and 300GB more a month.

I think I covered everything. I hope this helps you to choose your next ISP.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Very good, very pleased.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

We are now in our 10th month and everything has been fine. Very reliable. Fast. Set and forget with no hassles.

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Extremely Unprofessional & Very Poor Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Damaged internal walls running cables - refused to rectify, internet service slower & drops out more frequently than the previous company/supplier (which was the reason to switch to Uniti) Unity continually stated there was "nothing wrong" with the service & to cap it off - the staff & management are really very arrogant & unhelpful the moment to advise them of an/any issues.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

I think you may have us mixed up with another ISP. We have never had a customer with your name and we have never been to small claims court. If you could please email support@unitiwireless.com and we can try and get to the bottom of it.

We supplied a Uniti Tax Invoice in our company name to support our review of which I am the CEO, the courts have issued the summons which they will serve on Unity in due course, Uniti could have av... read more »

Uniti Wireless Official

Thanks for clearing that up, you stated you had taken us to small claims court, as in past tense, which is misleading as we have never been to small claims court. We look forward to our day in cour... read more »

Quick and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Uniti set me up with wireless internet all done and dusted in a single day.

I had a technician named Allan who was able to install everything without me being home and I had Simon Bannister set up the connection in no time at all.

Excellent service all around!

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Initially, there was no customer service. Eventually, things get sorted out

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Last month, Uniti sent out an email about their Quarterly Billing Discount offer to all customers. I replied to the email as required to receive this discount. However, this month's bill comes in and there is no discount. I emailed their customer service team and heard nothing back after a whole week. Apparently, if you need any help from them, there will be NONE.

Update: after two weeks of waiting, when I was about giving up on this, I finally got the discounted bill from them. They've had this issue where they didn't receive customers' replies because they somehow put the wrong email address in that promotion email that they sent out. Their customer service team tried to contact me to explain the situation and get things sorted out after seeing this review I post. Hopefully, they can be more proactive next time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide, SA

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Finally, a reliable.fast service which provides what they promise ... even better is the fact that I can speak to support staff who are based in Australia and who actually rectify or solve issues with friendliness and efficiency.
Don't have NBN in my area yet but will not be using it as Uniti fits my budget and actually does fulfill their promises ... been with them for nearly 6 months now with no probs

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Inconsistent and unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

The only service which was available to my area was ADSL2+ which was severely lacking in speed. When I was introduced to Uniti I was eager to see if their claims of fast internet were actually achievable. After some research it was evident that whilst Uniti was a relatively new company, they were able to deliver on some of their claims.

The initial switch to Uniti was great with my connections reaching advertised speeds, however after a month I begun experiencing numerous issues ranging from dropping connection to ridiculously slow speeds comparable to dial up.

In the attempt to address the issue I've contacted the Uniti support team, they were very professional about the situation however after 2 months the service that I receive is still appalling. My old ADSL2+ connection has been a more reliable service and is at times faster than Uniti's service.

To investigate the issues further I contacted a network engineer who ran some diagnostics to determine if there were issues on my end. After some test it was clear that Uniti were accountable for the problems that I was experiencing.

A speed test conducted on the 13/07/2017 can be found here: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6450445168.png

I am located in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide.

I would not recommend Uniti wireless if you're looking for a fast and reliable connection. Until they fix their towers and can address the issue of packet lost it might be a safer option to continue using ADSL 2+.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

This is very unusual and not the typical user experience as witnessed by all of the positive reviews on this site. Typically these issues are caused by the customers router inside the home which we... read more »

I've tested on several routers and modems routers, these include; TP-Link N600, TP-Link TL-WR841N (supplied by Uniti), Asus AC1900, ASUS DSL-AC68U, and Netgear Nighthawk X4S. Initially my speeds we... read more »

Uniti Wireless Official

Thanks for the extra information. As we have already said, this is very unusual and the majority of our customers are very happy with the speeds they receive. It is a shame that we could not resolve the issue for you.

Connection Type: WiMAX

Fast internet where the other companies can't provide

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

After putting up with an ADSL connection synced at less than 3mb, which incase you don't know is terribly slow, I was informed of Uniti through a friend. I live less than 6km from the CBD in a nice area that you think would be able to provide at least an average internet connection through ADSL but this is not the case. Luckily enough Uniti had a tower in range and my internet speed was astronomically boosted in less than a week for them to install it. i also added the Raptor package for that extra boost in speed. Now I have a faster connection than most businesses. I have had very little issues with it and have recommended it to many friends.

1 of 3 pages