Filter By:

Great Internet Service, poor installation but perfect response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Had to drop TPG NBN as was just awful, after years of TPG ADSL with no probs NBN (copper) was a disaster and cost more. Uniti service recommended by a friend with same NBN issues. As I work from home Internet wasn't a leisure item. Anyway - terrific interactions and service from Uniti - I did warn them that I had a roof full of brittle tiles so to avoid certain sections. The installer arrived and said he was also briefed. I then went up a ladder with him to let him know the affected area. You guessed it, I turned my back and he walked on that area I just told him to avoid. Tile cracked in three bits. He tried to silicone damage but I wasn't happy that would last. Sent a message to Uniti and they were all over it. Within three days I had a tiler come and he replaced the broken tile with one from a different part of the roof - he is now trying to source a replacement. The issue I have is that they don't make this type anymore hence my specific instructions to avoid walking on them. The clowns who renovated the home used some old ones as well as bought new ones (saved a couple of hundred $ but caused a big problem for me). Tiler gave me some good advice and I hope to get some spares out of the interaction. Would like to see how the service goes in the long run but so far pleased with the attitude.

Erratic performance.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I signed up for the up to 25M plan with the key word being up to 25M but I do expect better than 3M. each time I complained it miraculously improved to in the low 20's which was short live back to 3M. When NBN comes I guess I will be buying my way out of the contract!

Connection Type: ISP Cable

Superior Service for Internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

The occasional dropout but rectified fast with emails notifying when they will be fixed. Never any major issues to deal with

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

Very reliable no dropouts and very fast. The service from start to install was perfect. Installer was on time and had everything installed and working in around 2hr.

Private message

The worst ISP... of a bad bunch

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

I've been dealing with poor speed for over a month now with no reply from Uniti other than "We'll venture to keep you updated as to any developments" (almost 2 weeks ago). I would cancel my service if I could get someone to respond to my emails...

adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Connection Type: WiMAX

Paid for 50 Mbps - Currently getting 5-15 Mbps

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I am very unhappy with the downloads speeds being delivered by Uniti. For the last few weeks it has been in the 5-15 Mbps, when I paid for a 50 Mbps service. This is impacting on my efficiency. Uniti can't tell me when they will be able to return the service to 50 Mbps.

Connection Type: I don't know

Still have every slow download speed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

The installation and setup was perfect and very professional. I received an account for this service. Prior to the installation, I was told that I would get two months free service. My account didn't reflect this, so I called your accounts department. I was waiting on the phone for a long time as the consultant couldn't find any paperwork to show the two months free service. Eventually the consultant that promised me the free service was located, he agreed that I was to get the two months credit and that the would do a credit on my account. I also informed him that my speed was very very slow, he also told me that the would get somebody else to contact me about this. I have a direct debit on my account, so the the amount taken out of my account is the same as the initial invoice amount and still no credit for two months free service. There has also been no contact from your support team to help me with the speed issue, that was three weeks ago. It took 30 minutes to download a movie, the speed was 3.67 I had just as good if not better with ADLS2 and maybe should have stayed with that service. I was guaranteed a 25 speed which it does do at times, but very rarely. Even if it dropped to 20 and was consistent at that speed, i would be happy with that
It seems to me that you are very proactive in getting clients, but that is where your service ends. I would appreciate a call back to discuss this matter.
Regards
David Murray (M)

NBN not needed with this service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

About time! Decent internet, affordable, and won’t be hampered by the NBN.
Lived in St Kilda for 5 years with decent unlimited ADSL2 broadband to literally nothing once moved down to southern suburbs. Too far away from the ADSL exchange like most suburbs down south, the only option was Optus mobile data, which hardly worked due to the numerous black spots. A work colleague told me about Uniti.

Wish I’d heard of them sooner. Had done months of research to try and find a provider that services wireless internet via a dish on the roof and Uniti didn’t appear in my searches. This service has been solid since its install. There has been a couple of restarts needed due to bad thunderstorms and rain in the area but that’s to be expected coming from a dish on the roof. Very happy overall.

Final got Wireless NBN to my house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

At the moment I have had no issues with the service , but have had a few minor drop outs that only lasted for a
few minutes.
Calling Tech. support is a problem - cannot get through & experienced delays in getting a call back.
I think Unity Wireless needs to employ more staff to help manage issues & problems to keep its customers happy.
I am on the 50 download & 10 upload plan, when I do a speed test, I receive a 53 up load & 11.6 down load
most of the time, nothing lower than the speed I am paying for, which I am extreemly happy.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

No installation... but still billed!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I signed up for the 50 download / 10 upload deal. They said that based on my address they could provide it to me. Sent a technician around who installed a dish on my roof (and scratched up one of my rooms which had an opening to the roof). After he installed the dish, he told me that there is no way i can get 50/10 and only 25/5 will be on offer, but that the 25/5 signal is really hard to receive too and also keeps dropping out. He didn't even bother to install the wall socket or modem but just told me that customer support would be in touch with me and then left. Customer support never called. Instead I got an invoice for my new 25/5 service (with no modem or connection - just a useless dish on my roof). I reached out to customer support who said they would look into the matter but never followed up with me. I've now gone with TPG, which is pathetic ADSL but that's better than nothing. I now have a useless dish on my roof (and who knows how badly they installed it) and scratches on my walls thanks to Unity! Don't be fooled by Unity's promises - they can't deliver on anything more than 25/5 and their customer service is simply woeful.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Terrible service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We have been getting billed twice for the one account each month and having them send reminders/overdue emails despite us inadvertently paying both accounts each month. Now trying to get hold of them to sort it out. Waited on phone on hold for 15 minutes. Sent three emails to their customer support line. No response from them at all after one week. We will be ceasing use of this service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 1 comment

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I contacted Uniti and was very impressed with their service. Cancelled my current provider and signed up. Within 2 hours the antenna guy had called and booked an appointment. Hassle free. I decided to use my own modem but had difficulty configuring it. I didn't think that Uniti would help with this as i didn't buy the modem from them. But called up and Kyle was more than happy to run through the set up with me. Within a few minutes i was connected and all systems go. My plan was the 50 MBPS download and 5 MBPS upload. I tested it straight away and got 55MBPS. All in all a fantastic customer service experience. I will provide an update later on network consistency but for now I cannot recommend them highly enough.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Old customer losing the love

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

One of the early signups when you got great customer service and could actually speak to the owners. Lots of problems to start with 4 years ago and stuck with them as they got better but I think now too big and losing the customer focus with cut and paste answers to questions and no response to emails. Time to go I think maybe the NBN will be just as frustrating but at least you know it's just a bunch of money grabbing faceless I don't care about you Corporate. I used to be proud of supporting the little guys on this one but they got bigger and no longer care.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ISP Satellite

High latency, packet loss, fake promises, average customer support, no escalation pathways, dropouts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Lots of latency, dropouts and plenty of downtime is a full complete package. I can add more to this but I would not know where to stop. So better keep it short!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

Changing me to slower plan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Connection slow customer service is bad changed me to slower plan when I didn't authorise no change but according to email they sent said I did with no options being made available blaming other telcos to drop my plan speed from 50/10 to 25/5 what a rip off with only a 3$ discount been dealt poorly by company even telstra has better customer service when they say there gonna call u back they don't.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Very good service and speed so far. Very pleased.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Everything was very quick and easy. The installation guys came on time and the system was up and running on the same day with no hassles and very fast speeds.

Much better than I expected. So far, very recommended. Finally, I am experiencing good internet speeds in Australia.

The only downsides are:

1. The Modem/Router was not included, so I had to get one of my own working with Uniti, but it was an easy setup (a small IT knowledge required to use an old modem to work on this provider, nonetheless they can sell you one already setup).

2. Really loooong waits on the phone to get to talk to someone, I guess they need to put more people in the customer service line, but when you reach them, they are very friendly and helpful.

Hope it goes well from now on. :)

Beautiful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

There has been some drop outs but overall the internet is really good. No issues with the service though and I'm happy.

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

Not like any other Telco. They actually give you the product they say they will.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

Stable, high speed 50Mbps down 25Mbps up with zero dropouts. Staff were happy and knowledgeable. Even got me a discount that I didn't know applied. No issues yet at all.

Verified Customer Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Finally an internet connection that works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Been having trouble with adsl connection for years through a number of Internet service providers. A friend suggested i try wireless internet ( I thought it would be way to expensive) not so . Rang Uniti . They provided me with everything they said they could. Also on time
Have had no problems with drop outs, my average speed is 40 mbps . I run everything in house via wifi. Their product and service is first class .
Couldn’t be happier

Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

From the start of the installation conducted by Andy who was vert professional polite and did our install with out any hassles.
Speed is very good and phone service is provided by Australians who can speak and understand English.
We have had our service from Uniti for one month and have been more than impressed and we can watch Netflix with out it falling out.
Would highly recommend.
Reg Guppy

1 of 7 pages

Question to Unite - I am considering signing up, after frustrating internet from Optus. There are however far too many bad reviews here for me to consider this without some guarantee, I see Uniti are ignoring this forum since September, does that mean they are resolved to closing down? What guarantee can there before insulation for the connection - seems like so far lots of promises - lots of failures arising out of this promises? I am happy to pay for the install and to "check" the service before I commit - but to simply commit to 24 months and THEN only find out it is subpar - that's not feasible for the home and home business.

baja asked on Jan 03, 2019

Answer this

Hi Baja,

Firstly, I'm glad to hear that you are thinking of signing up. If you haven't already, you should check your address on our website to ensure that we can provide a service to you. We do offer no-contract options if this is something you'd prefer.

During the installation the technician will call one of our network engineers. The engineer will confirm that the service is meeting the requirements of the service before he connects it. If the service cannot meet these requirements then you the equipment will be removed and you will not be charged. If things look good then the installation will be finished and you will have internet on the day. You are not charged until after the installation is completed.

If you do have any faults with the service they will be addressed and rectified.

We have a positive review score on here and all other large review sites, Unfortunately we cannot please everyone but we certainly do our best.

Hopefully this answers your queries, Please let me know.

Yes thanks - that sounds like a good option. I erratically get 92, then 6, then 17, then 30, etc with Optus cable.

I have spoken with your severe team last week, and discussed that there is a tower in Fairfield that I would likely connect to - we are on the hill in Ivanhoe, and look down over Fairfield. there is a tower we can see form our house - its that yours - then wow - should be good! are you able to disclose the location so I can check if this tower in indeed yours?

and , yes, I did check the net as well as your colleague check - Ivanhoe.

my biggest concern is that people are suggesting it starts off at 50, and then drops to 5 or 15 later - I was of the impression that the wireless connection was trying to take out the congestion and inconsistency?

thanks

is this service available in Bribie island queensland ?

Alec asked on Mar 23, 2018

Answer this

No, uniti wireless is coming this year to Brisbane. But I don’t know about bribie island. Just put in your address on the form and they will add you to the expansion list.

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx

hydraflexx asked on Feb 10, 2018