Review rating:

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

Unprecedented service in the Telco industry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

After 3 months of mucking around with Optus and Telstra, including an email to the Telstra CEO it was looking more likely that man would be able to harness the power of the sun than me have functional internet.

One call and the completion of an order form was all it took. The following day I had a technician (2 week wait with the other clowns) at my house installing the equipment.

In less than 24 hours Uniti provided me with internet and more service than i have ever received from anyone else

If you have poor ADSL and cant get relief from the big guys do yourself a favor and give these guys and gals a call

Paying for 50/10, and I get 54/12, need I say more?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Ok, I will.
It took 1 week between cancelling my old ADSL2+ service and going live on Uniti's Direct Wireless conection.\

Becasue;
First, the tower they planned to connect us to wasn't in line of sight and we had to wait for the second one to go live, which was only a weekend away (LONGEST WEEKEND EVER).

Second, everytime they were avaliable it was raining, and as we live in a two story building, it was definitley not worth the risk at all (even for a single story).
The tower was live for two days, but even though we were waiting for our 50Mbps connection, we used their "Uniti Free Wireless" connection, which was faster than our previous ADSL2+ connection anyhow.

I gave them 5 stars, becasue they are still relatively new but all of their staff were nice, presentable and undertstanding of any situation. Also any problem customer servicxe was presented with, they fixed in less than 5 minutes.

A couple negatives, 5 minutes after the install guys left. there was a 'installation glitch' on their end, a one off. and was fixed within 10 minutes of noticing the problem adn calling them up. Then what can only assume was an accident when diagnosing the first problem, our raptor service wasn't active. after another call I was already talking with the same guy that fixed the first problem and fixed that issue within seconds.

Finally, the modem sucks. But its free... (so they cancel each other out).

Overall they have been overwhelming good, so far so good.
Also, I am paying $20 less for almost 17x better speed and 300GB more a month.

I think I covered everything. I hope this helps you to choose your next ISP.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Very good, very pleased.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

We are now in our 10th month and everything has been fine. Very reliable. Fast. Set and forget with no hassles.

• 3 comments

Extremely Unprofessional & Very Poor Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Damaged internal walls running cables - refused to rectify - took Unity to small claims court, internet service slower & drops out more frequently than the previous company/supplier (which was the reason to switch to Uniti) Unity continually stated there was "nothing wrong" with the service & to cap it off - the staff & management are really very arrogant & unhelpful the moment to advise them of an/any issues.

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

I think you may have us mixed up with another ISP. We have never had a customer with your name and we have never been to small claims court. If you could please email [email protected] and we can try and get to the bottom of it.

We supplied a Uniti Tax Invoice in our company name to support our review of which I am the CEO, the courts have issued the summons which they will serve on Unity in due course, Uniti could have av... read more »

Uniti Wireless Official

Thanks for clearing that up, you stated you had taken us to small claims court, as in past tense, which is misleading as we have never been to small claims court. We look forward to our day in cour... read more »

Quick and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Uniti set me up with wireless internet all done and dusted in a single day.

I had a technician named Allan who was able to install everything without me being home and I had Simon Bannister set up the connection in no time at all.

Excellent service all around!

• 2 comments

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Initially, there was no customer service. Eventually, things get sorted out

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Last month, Uniti sent out an email about their Quarterly Billing Discount offer to all customers. I replied to the email as required to receive this discount. However, this month's bill comes in and there is no discount. I emailed their customer service team and heard nothing back after a whole week. Apparently, if you need any help from them, there will be NONE.

Update: after two weeks of waiting, when I was about giving up on this, I finally got the discounted bill from them. They've had this issue where they didn't receive customers' replies because they somehow put the wrong email address in that promotion email that they sent out. Their customer service team tried to contact me to explain the situation and get things sorted out after seeing this review I post. Hopefully, they can be more proactive next time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide, SA

• 4 comments

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Finally, a reliable.fast service which provides what they promise ... even better is the fact that I can speak to support staff who are based in Australia and who actually rectify or solve issues with friendliness and efficiency.
Don't have NBN in my area yet but will not be using it as Uniti fits my budget and actually does fulfill their promises ... been with them for nearly 6 months now with no probs

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Inconsistent and unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

The only service which was available to my area was ADSL2+ which was severely lacking in speed. When I was introduced to Uniti I was eager to see if their claims of fast internet were actually achievable. After some research it was evident that whilst Uniti was a relatively new company, they were able to deliver on some of their claims.

The initial switch to Uniti was great with my connections reaching advertised speeds, however after a month I begun experiencing numerous issues ranging from dropping connection to ridiculously slow speeds comparable to dial up.

In the attempt to address the issue I've contacted the Uniti support team, they were very professional about the situation however after 2 months the service that I receive is still appalling. My old ADSL2+ connection has been a more reliable service and is at times faster than Uniti's service.

To investigate the issues further I contacted a network engineer who ran some diagnostics to determine if there were issues on my end. After some test it was clear that Uniti were accountable for the problems that I was experiencing.

A speed test conducted on the 13/07/2017 can be found here: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6450445168.png

I am located in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide.

I would not recommend Uniti wireless if you're looking for a fast and reliable connection. Until they fix their towers and can address the issue of packet lost it might be a safer option to continue using ADSL 2+.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

This is very unusual and not the typical user experience as witnessed by all of the positive reviews on this site. Typically these issues are caused by the customers router inside the home which we... read more »

I've tested on several routers and modems routers, these include; TP-Link N600, TP-Link TL-WR841N (supplied by Uniti), Asus AC1900, ASUS DSL-AC68U, and Netgear Nighthawk X4S. Initially my speeds we... read more »

Uniti Wireless Official

Thanks for the extra information. As we have already said, this is very unusual and the majority of our customers are very happy with the speeds they receive. It is a shame that we could not resolve the issue for you.

Connection Type: WiMAX

Fast internet where the other companies can't provide

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

After putting up with an ADSL connection synced at less than 3mb, which incase you don't know is terribly slow, I was informed of Uniti through a friend. I live less than 6km from the CBD in a nice area that you think would be able to provide at least an average internet connection through ADSL but this is not the case. Luckily enough Uniti had a tower in range and my internet speed was astronomically boosted in less than a week for them to install it. i also added the Raptor package for that extra boost in speed. Now I have a faster connection than most businesses. I have had very little issues with it and have recommended it to many friends.

Uniti ROCK ON!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Super fast.. less then 2 hours and im up and running.. 24mps omg my home line is on a rim.. bad speeds and im 10 mins from the city.... you guys have saved the day ....... rock on

Excellent reliable speed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Our existing DSL was terrible and NBN wasn't coming anytime soon; I was in Internet hell. Heard about Uniti through a friend as an alternative to ADSL and NBN. I was initially worried that wireless service would be flakey but it has been brilliant to date. Solid as a rock.

The sign up process was easy and the cost almost identical to our DSL, so there was nothing to lose. Absolutely glad I did, as the service speed is more than 10x my DSL!

Installation went smoothly and the cabling was routed exactly where I wanted it, and I got a free router.

My only gripes would be that uniti don't provide ancillaries such as an email account or news servers, but if you use gmail then doesn't really matter. Also once I was set up there was a small
delay in customer service advising me of the customer login details. Overall though customer service was generally responsive.

Would definitely recommend to others.

Fast and affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Paying same price as ADSL2+ and getting 9.2x speed. Less drop outs and if it drops its mere seconds as opposed to days. NBN long way away but unsure why I would bother to change when it gets here.
Highly recommend

Verified Customer

I'm getting what I paid for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

At last! Internet that is as fast as the retailer claims, regardless of the time of day and no more expensive than what I was paying for ASDL that was 5 times slower!

Connection Type: WiMAX

Amazing Service and Speed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Our ADSL topped out at 250Kb/s download. My wife and I tried to work from home when we could but it simply didn't work. We waited and waited for the NBN to be rolled out in our area and had given up entirely.
Then we heard about Uniti. We switched within weeks of starting our research.
We now get modern speeds consistently.
We should have done this years ago.
On the occasion that things went wrong, things were resolved in one phone call.
I recommend Uniti to everyone who asks.

Verified Customer Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Uniti wireless better than NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Installation went smoothly and speed is exactly as requested. Recommended to anyone definitely. Rare in this day and age. Win

Adelaide, South Australia, South Australia

Love our Uniti Sat dish on our Roof. No need for slow ADSL2 like our neighbours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

been with uniti for over 6 months and love it. had one small issue and they fixed it within a few hours (water damage). Would recommend to everyone who could get it.

Adelaide, Australia

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

Excellent upgrade from super slow DSL connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Sign-up to install took about a week and all went smoothly. Installers were friendly and happy to chat about what they were doing. Going from our old 3 Mbps ADSL2+ connection to Uniti's 25 Mbps plan has been amazing - I can now actually Skype and use RDP for work while someone else is watching Netflix.

The connection has been solid since it was installed, so no complaints there.

Great service support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

I have been a customer for two months now.
I have had outstanding service from their support area after having difficulties with WiFi interference.
Due to my location and the number of neighbours I have close to me I needed to run my devices over a 5.0Ghz network.

Huge thank you to Simon @ Uniti wireless, I now have a stable connection and it's all at a very affordable price.

Installation was prompt also.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Great value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Very reliable connection. Excellent support service. Prompt install from a very experienced install team. I would highly recommend this service to anyone who is in the same situation of not being able to get access to NBN.

Verified Customer

So happy Uniti have come along

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

I decided to go with Uniti after waiting for NBN in my area and I am annoyed that I didn't do it sooner....
I'm getting speeds 10 times faster than I was getting with ADSL+ from Telstra and paying less......
Uniti were great to deal with..... set me up quickly and were extremely responsive and communicated with me during the whole process....
I've happily been recommending all my friends to join....

1 of 2 pages