Filter By:

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Won’t ever look back

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Firstly iv had some really bad experiences with countless internet companies slow speed, constantly restarting the modem, constantly on the phone to customer service and constant drop outs the list goes on

Once I heard from my family about Unity Wireless and their experience so far I had to try it they also had a sign up now off and get a $200 eftpos card offer on which was another reason to give it a go. The very first thing I noticed barely any wait time or being on hold it was amazing how quick it was to be on the phone to someone and very friendly explained everything so clearly it was a no brainer. The price was pretty good but even better once I had got to use it being young and renting I try to keep the household costs down. The install was quick and the tradesman that I had was very friendly. Unity love to hear feedback to from their customers iv had plenty of emails offering prizes and haven’t really stopped to give a review because it’s not really my thing but being such a good service it’s only right to give praise where it is earned.

Overall iv been with them for a few months now and there hasn’t been one headache what so ever no need to contact them about speeds or drop outs you get what they promise and the customer communication about maintenance or outages in the area are very helpful. I will never look back I would recommend this to anyone who can get it

Casey

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Very good speed, short of employees

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Installed and speed testing very good can reach around 30-40m for downloading and 20m for uploading, strong enough. Still feel short of employees, job done halfly have to rebook, the boss shall see that.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Perfect internet service you can't live without.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

I've been with Uniti for 2 years now on 25MB download at 500gig and I can guarantee the thier excellent speed consistentcy and stellar customer service. Wish I found them sooner as I don't want to go back to cheap services that offer poor customer service and high prices for data. Uniti have gone out of thier way to ensure as I am looked after. Just last week when I didn't even know there was an issue with my connection, Uniti identified the problem and corrected the service on thier end. They followed up by a missed call and email to request permission to send out technicians to adjust the dish on my roof. When I responded via email they replied with no delay informing me of the arranged times and later after the job was done to ensure I was satisfied with the changes. Now that is a great customer service. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: WiMAX

5 days - no repair, still not fixed, can't even get a call back it seems.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

It's now been 5 days with no internet and support is non existent. Speeds where great, but they have dropped the ball on support.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Too many dropouts, businesses beware!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Unreliable service with frequent dropouts for whole days. These guys are full of promises but it seems they have not built appropriate infrastructure to deliver the goods. Works great when it's on, but in less than 2 months on a business plan had 3 full days without service so far. Simply unreliable. You can't afford this rate of dropouts if you're a business!

Springvale

Service brake down for 6 days. No schedule of repair so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

Faulty service since 11/5/2018. Have reported uniti by email sent to support@unitiwireless.com, online chat, and phone call from this Monday. All tried. 2 ladies said someone will contact me to arrange onsite service. However no one contact me so far. Today is 17/5/2018, No schedule of service.

The installation was down at the beginning of April. Got 2 service in 2 property. Received Outage notification from uniti more than 10 times during the one month. The service was down more than 10 times and sometime it can be fixed in next morning. I understand wireless is not as steady as cable connection. But this time it has been 6 days faulty. No body care, no customer service.

Might need to cancel the plan with uniti and change to NBN which is in construction in our suburban. It should be available in next month.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Uniti Wireless - Great company and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Hi, you can get your Uniti Wireless $200 discount upon signup if you use a referral code. Feel free to use mine in the referral field upon signup: 21AZG
Uniti Wireless provide a great service. I have the 50 Mbps plan and the lowest speed I get in peak times is around 42 Mbps. Highly recommended! Puts ADSL to shame and if NBN is not an option for you this is a no-brainer really. Cheers

p.s. I have no affiliation with Uniti Wireless except being a very happy customer. Cheers.

Verified Customer

Goodbye ( and Good riddance) Optus Cable - Hello Uniti Wireless !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Coming from Optus cable with their 'speed pack' option, I thought I might miss the maximum 100mbps download speed, but I was very wrong about that. For the most part, I have been able to get full speed from my new Uniti connection and the 10mbps upload is a welcome boost from anything I've ever had on ADSL or Cable.
Finally I'm free from the constant buffering issues of Optus (where I used to get <2Mbps many evenings)

Install turnaround was good. I ordered on Friday, install scheduled for the following Monday (eventually installed Tuesday). Try and get a 2 working day turnaround from anybody else for having new equipment installed at site.

I do feel that the company might be going through some growing pains though.
My initial installation appointment was moved without informing me, my request to have a public IP and PPPoE into my own router were missed and I had to spend some time getting this resolved on the install day.
When I finally had a public IP added to my account, I lost all internet access as there were no public IP's available at my tower. Another 25 minutes on the phone and I was back on my old private IP and internet access was restored.
It's been 3 days now and I still haven't had the public IP delivered - I'm also waiting on my Raptor pack to be added to bump up my speed.

Comments

7 days in, everything sorted. http://www.speedtest.net/result/7270193504

Verified Customer

Great NBN alternative - Solid speeds (and you get what's on the box)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

While researching for an upgrade for my naked ADSL 2+ early 2017 and that the NBN isn't coming to my household for who knows (Originally Jun 2017, now planned availability as "Upgrading the network"). Uniti Wireless was a solid option. Really quite excited about the improvement in upload speeds more than the downloads :) - backups are great!.

So coming from an ADSL 2+ connection where I'd get maybe 14/1, i moved to the entry level 25/10 where, you actually get 25/10 - moved to the Raptor which bumps things to 50/10 and you actually get what they state! Setup took less than half a day and they were speedy and friendly. Customer support solid, only really had to deal with the chat support and are pleasant and responsive.

Maybe a handful of dropouts/outages in over the 16 months that i've had the service but aside from that can't fault it.

Only knocking off a star really for the pricing and quotas as its more expensive than most NBN plans, but i'd say it'll slowly improve and become more competitive eventually. Also note that uploads are counted to your usage for the month.

Be aware that you'll have a dish installed on your roof, so aesthetically it may affect your home, but the trade off is a solid internet speed.

Coming from ADSL2+ and you don't have the NBN as an option, if these guys fall in your capture zone, worth a look in!!!

Great so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Speeds are true to what they tell you just make sure to confirm you are near a tower! obviously with wireless it has its downsides but i haven't had any disconnections so far! Use my referral code for a $200 gift card: 21BNY

• 2 helpful votes

Misinformed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

We were told our house was in a suitable location to connect with Uniti. Had the hardware installed without a problem. 12 weeks later without ever being able to connect to the Internet we've been told that they can't connect us to the tower! They are coming over to take away their hardware. Only positive is we didn't pay a cent.

Adelaide, SA

• 35 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Blazing fast speeds! Installed within a few days of contacting..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

I heard stories of the amazing speeds friends were achieving with Uniti Wireless... I made the move for my business and not only did my speeds increase ten fold but I am spending $10 per month less. Can't wait until I'm out of contract at home - will be changing immediately!

Installation was super quick. The speeds are super quick and service is amazing. Would highly recommend to anyone!

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Terrible communication and customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

I've had nothing but hassles from Uniti over the last 4 months or so. The only way to get in contact and action taken is by providing a negative review. They never follow up phone calls, I've had to constantly ring and follow up calls. I have had constant issues with slow speeds during peak times. They said they had upgraded the tower and I'm still having the same issues with speeds. They gave me a few months at a reduced cost but then sent an email saying they had fixed it and would be charging me the same amount. Cue the game of phone tag and constant emails showing my reduced speeds through speedtest. All I received was robo emails saying they would pass on the info to their tech team. 2 weeks later and still no contact from them to tell me what is happening. If you sign with Unit the service will be constantly down (I'm talking at least once a week) for maintenance or whatever they tell you. The phone operators are rude and treat you like an idiot. Sure they were great from the start 2 years ago but they are terrible now. I would do your research and find a different NBN provider.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Used to be good but be prepared constant service desk phone calls with sluggish or no response

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

This company used to be amazing here in Adelaide. Their speeds and customer service have gone down down lower than Coles prices. The entire time I've been with Uniti I have had to phone every few months to find out where my speed has gone? Every time I've phoned up I've either waited a long time to talk to someone or I never get a response back as to when it if they can fix my service. I'm paying a lot of money for speeds I'm just not getting. I've been on their 25, 50 and now 100mbps service and at the moment I am getting an evening maximum of 20mbps with no compensation or willingness to fix my service. I am now looking at moving to nbn as they have now entered my suburb. I Would be careful dealing with uniti as the response, in Adelaide anyway, is sluggish and possibly non existent. I hope for them they can fix this issue up as many people on online forums for uniti speak of lack of support or fixing services for customers. Look around first.

Still waiting

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

I joined Uniti when they were offering a $200 promotion which was supposed to be given after payment of the first invoice. I paid the first invoice more than a month ago. After 3 calls with a different story, the last that it was being posted that day guess what it still hasn’t arrived and I guess it never will!! I also agree with a previous post saying they are somehow going over their data quota. I found that also. We have never before gone over so can’t work out how we suddenly have.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Uniti Wireless Official

Sorry to hear you have not received your card. As we can't identify you on here, please email support@unitiwireless.com and we will make sure you get the $200 card ASAP.

I’ve already done this

Uniti Wireless Official

Great, that will ensure you get your card.

• 24 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Good speed but not can slow down & dropout.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Had Telstra Bigpond ADSL 2+ with download speed varying from 0 - 1.7 Mbps & pretty useless so changed to Uniti Wireless 10/25 plan last year and found these speeds were achievable most of the time but can drop considerably. Currently writing this on a Sunday afternoon with download speed measuring 2.5 - 3 Mbps so bad luck if I wanted to watch an online movie at present. The signal also drops out regularly but usually reconnects if I reboot the computer &/or power to the the router & dish. Worried the connection will deteriorate as subscribers to Uniti increase. Overall though am very pleased compared to what I had with Telstra. Installation was fast but left a hole in the plasterboard as installer's young assistant did not check position for plate with stud detector (let installer borrow mine) so had to patch wall myself afterwards.

Verified Customer Connection Type: WiMAX

A excellent NBN alternative

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Uniti wireless uses a directional Wi-Fi antenna to communicate between the building and their tower. The network is then a fast fibre network form the main antenna to their network.

The setup process was fast and easy. A technician came out to my house about a week after signing up. He was conscious of the antenna install location and I was personally lucky to have it installed on the rear portion of my roof. He was friendly even though the weather was hot and installed the inner wall plate where I wanted it and tied up after himself.

My connection is reliability is good. There has been the occasional drop out that may last on average about 15 - 30 minutes. The longest outage has been about 3 hours. However for the most part these have been few and far between.

I think this is where the company has excelled. Their local customer support has always been friendly and attentive. I haven't had any issues so I haven't needed extended contact. Their support on the whirlpool forums website has also been top notch.

I am just about to sign up again for two years because I believe they provide the best product available to me as compared to the HFC NBN, ADSL and Moblie broadband choices I have.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Great ISP! best choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I have signed up to the 25/10 speed and was pleaseantly surprised at being able to achieve those speeds constantly. I check using speed test, and i do get those speeds. I have the option to upgrade to 50 Mbps as well. Quick installation and easy to self install the router.

Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

They have been great and initially they had great customer service, they have however dropped a bit in service and feels as though they stopped caring for their customers as much.

Internet is faster but does drop out a bit now and then.

Queensland

Private message

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Great speed, Great customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

What is your connection type? (ADSL, NBN, Cable, etc.) - NBN
How was the set-up process & how long was the timeframe for it? - Set up process was fast and easy & few hours
How reliable is your connection? Have you experienced frequent dropouts? - Very Reliable, a few dropouts but resolves quickly
How satisfied are you with the provider's Customer Service and/or Support? - best customer support in the industry

1 of 4 pages